Debra Petrielli Reviews

Debra Petrielli View more information

• Marcella
    Marcella P. Married on 10/19/2019

Debbie is the best!

Debbie is the best! She provided hair services for me, my two bridesmaids, and both moms and everyone looked absolutely flawless. I wanted a textured, romantic updo and what Debbie came up with was exactly that and more. It was so gorgeous and I got so many compliments about how great my hair looked! I can’t recommend her enough!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 05/18/2019

Fun, professional, and FAST

For my wedding, I booked Xotchitl for hair and Iris for makeup and they were so calm, professional, and punctual. They helped keep the day running smoothly! They also were both able to do bridesmaid/family updos so quickly! True pros. They kept us on track for time and were perfectly able to execute what all the ladies wanted in my group.

They were also both a pleasure during my trial as well. I felt listened to, and like I was able to provide feedback to make the day-of go smoother. Xotchitl is your stylist if you're going for a sleek, vintage-inspired updo!

Both artists also helped contribute to a lighthearted mood in the room which was really helpful on such a long day.
  • Rachael
    Rachael S. Married on 02/11/2019

Highly recommend!

I had Debbie and Katie for hair, and Kasha for makeup for my wedding on 11/2/19. They were so great! Debbie was super kind and responsive throughout the process, I asked her to update the schedule so many times as new people were added/removed, and she would immediately update the contract/schedule and was super flexible as the schedule changed with the photographer. For my trial Debbie worked with me to figure out exactly what I wanted for my hair. When I didn’t love the first hair do she took it out and re-did it until I loved it. On the day of I didn’t look in the mirror once until she was done and it was EXACTLY what I wanted, and stayed together for the whole night. I also had 3 junior bridesmaids that Katie worked with for hair - she was so kind with them and helped them figure out what style they wanted, since none had been in a wedding before. I also loved Kasha’s makeup, and she prepped a to go back with samples of everything so I could do touch ups later in the day. All three of them were calm and relaxed, it really helped me feel good/anxiety free on the day of. We also finished way ahead of schedule and everyone was really happy with their final look. Loved working with all of them, highly recommend!
    Sarah Married on 09/22/2018

Easy and fun to work with!

Loved working with Deb and her stylists! They were so much fun to have with us on our wedding day as my bridesmaids and I got ready. They were so attentive, kind, and patient. They were fun to chat with as we got ready. The make up artist was so kind during the trial and really paid attention to my request. One stylist even re-did a bridesmaid hair right before we were about to start pictures and made it seem like it was no big deal.
    Allison Married on 09/08/2018
    I reached out to Debbie about her availability for our wedding on 9/8/18. She was already booked for the date, but asked more about the style I was looking for and recommended Kate for hair and Sophia for makeup. Both were amazing, and Debbie was so responsive to any questions I had throughout the process.

Kate and Sophia were exactly on time for both the trial at my house and the real deal at the wedding the day of. Everyone's hair and makeup were perfect, and exactly what we were looking for. Airbrush and eyelashes were included, and I received so many compliments the day of on looking extra glam. Both my makeup and hair were still perfect at the end of the night, about 12 hours after they were done.

I would absolutely recommend using Debbie and her team for your wedding!
    Elizabeth Married on 08/11/2018

love, love, love them

Deb is amazing, the most responsive and easiest vendor to work with, truly a dream. Eliana did my make-up a bunch of times throughout the wedding planning process and it was flawless every time. I only wish she could come over every morning and get me ready for the day!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 08/11/2018
    I had a great experience working with Deb for my wedding! She always responded to me super quickly and was kind and patient in answering my questions. My hairdresser was Kate, and she was wonderful. She came to my home for a trial and was likewise kind, patient, and responsive in my follow-ups to her when I was going through periods of doubt about my hair choices and exploring style options. In the end, my hair on my wedding day was exactly what I wanted and I was so happy. Kate and her assistant, Beth, were also great with my bridesmaids (six of them) and a calm presence on the morning of my wedding. I highly recommend working with Deb!
    Meghan Married on 05/19/2018
    Working with Deb for my wedding was a true pleasure. She did my hair and hair for my bridesmaids and flower girl - and everyone loved how their hair turned out. Deb has a knack for listening to everyone's vision and finding a way to make it a reality. Not to mention, she is just a peach of a person. :)
    Leah Married on 10/20/2017
    I cannot thank Deb and Beth enough for the amazing job on hair they did for my wedding (seriously, killed it!). We had 7 bridesmaids, 2 members of the family and myself (the bride) all get their hair done. Deb and Beth were so easy to work and everyone was happy with how their final looks turned out!

I had trouble deciding who I was going to go with for hair, and after my first conversation with Deb I was sold. She is the greatest and I knew I wouldn't have to worry about anything. After our trial I decided I wanted to make one tweak to my hair. I told this to Deb on the wedding day and she executed it perfectly! I received so many compliments and my hair lasted ALL night (despite a lot of dancing!). Thank you so much Deb & Beth!

Stephanie Married on 09/16/2017
    Of all the things, I was most stressed about hair and make up for the wedding. It's so subjective and personal to everyone, and when it's bad, people don't feel great or have a good time. So I was really focused on finding someone who would make me feel at ease, had more of a natural/messy style vs. so sleek and polished, and who I knew would make my mom, mother-in-law and sister-in-law feel great. Deb and Eliana were so great! They agreed to do my trail really far in advance so I could do that before making a wedding day commitment, and my family all loved their dos. Best of all: Eliana convinced us all to get lashes because they looked so natural. These was a star hair and make up team!
    Caitlin Married on 03/25/2017
    I am so glad I went with Deb for my wedding hair! At our trial, she was great at helping me figure out what I wanted (from my very vague ideas) and came up with something beautiful. I loved how I looked on my wedding day. My hairstyle looked natural but also somehow held up perfectly for hours and hours of sweaty dancing. Deb also did hair for my mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, and they all looked so elegant and lovely.

Deb's professionalism is another reason I'm glad I hired her. She was on time, prepared, and efficient in everything she did; our photographer commented it was one of the only weddings he'd seen where we were all ready ahead of schedule! Every communication I had with her was clear and so friendly -- she made everything easy. I wouldn't hesitate to work with Deb again and recommend her highly.

Stephanie Married on 10/01/2016
    Deb was amazing!! My makeup looked beautiful all day and I was so happy with the lashes and airbrushing. Deb and her team were so accommodating and easy to work with. We had 8 bridesmaids, 3 members of the family and myself (the bride) all get their make-up done and they were all great. I would highly recommend to any bride!
    Jennifer Married on 09/03/2016
    Xotchilt, a team member from Debra P, did a fabulous job at my bridal hair trial. I am an out of town bride so I had to book her for the big day before I had the chance to actually meet her in person. I chose Xotchilt and Debra P's agency because they were very responsive, and mostly because it was also very important to me that I was able to know who I was getting, instead of getting an agency that sends a freelancer who's name or work I couldn't review before I booked.

Debra P's team lived up to the reviews - Xotchilt did an incredible job on my hair, the perfect mix of sophisticated and glam, and we had a fun time putting the look together. I had a lot of reservations about using extensions since I wanted to look natural, but Xotchilt did a great job of assuring me it would look great - which it did! She was very collaborative yet knowledgeable and friendly - just the kind of person you want around you on your wedding day! Well worth the investment!!
    Alexa Married on 06/18/2016
    I cannot say enough great things about Debbie and her stylists! For my wedding, we had Kate Bourne as our hair stylist. She did my 6 bridesmaids and my mom, in addition to me. Everyone loved their hair! I was somewhat fickle when it came to what I wanted for my hair, but Kate was very patient and ended up giving me the hairstyle of my dreams. It was perfect! I can say that Debbie runs a great shop, she's super responsive and is very accommodating. I had the pleasure of meeting her in person for my friend's wedding just recently, and she was so fun to have around. I would recommend Debbie and her team to anyone who is looking for beautiful hair styling and great experience for their special day.
  • User2030160 2+ years ago
    Deb was recommended to me by the ladies at Naturally Yours Events and I'm so glad she was. She did such a beautiful job on my hair and makeup for my wedding - I felt so glamorous the whole night long! I wanted a more vintage hairstyle that used a comb and Deb was able to recreate it perfectly without making me look matronly, an odd worry I had. Also, she totally nailed my makeup! I didn't really give her much guidance other than I wanted more neutral colors and she created a look that I loved and totally matched the feeling / theme of our wedding. Plus, everything held up for 12+ hours of pictures (in a lot of wind!), dancing, and maybe a few happy tears.

Can't recommend her enough - she is quick and professional but still manages to create a look that looks like it took hours upon hours to do. Plus she is fun and CALM, which really helps when you're filled with wedding day jitters.
    Lindsey Married on 08/23/2014
    I can't believe how lucky I was to find Debbie to do my wedding hair and make up, as well as hair for a few of my bridesmaids! She was so friendly and easy-going, awesome to work with. She was responsive throughout the process and truly helped bring the looks to life that each of us had envisioned for the day - she made me feel beautiful on the wedding day and more importantly, stress-free. I can't wait to have some photos ready to share. Debbie certainly comes highly recommended in my opinion!
    Kelly Married on 04/12/2014
    After a few failed hair and makeup trials, I felt pretty defeated that I would ever feel 100% me and beautiful on my big day. I just saw several people who didn't necessarily listen to my concerns about my thick, thick hair all falling out of any updo (which happened after several trials!). And then came Debbie. She was so patient, organized, and incredibly talented. I ended up loving every hairstyle she turned out on my wedding day, and absolutely fell in love with my own. Debbie is a great find.
    Eliza Married on 12/28/2013
    I used Deb for my December wedding and she was fantastic!!! I hate my hair (very thin) and was convinced I wouldn't be able to do anything with it for the wedding. I found Deb online and loved all of her pictures, so I set up a trial with her. She worked wonders on my thin hair! She came up with a gorgeous romantic updo style that I loved! On the wedding day, it looked even better!! Just perfect. My bridesmaids all loved their hair as well and everyone looked so unique. Deb is also great to work with--she is so sweet and fun to be around--great energy the morning of your wedding! I highly recommend her if you are looking for beautiful romantic wedding hair!
    Allison Married on 09/06/2015
    I absolutely loved working with Kate at Debra Petrielli. She was fantastic and patient when I was trying to decide what to do with my hair for my wedding day. And on the wedding day, she made sure not one single hair was out of place. I can't recommend Kate enough!

I was a bit disappointed in the second stylist that came for the wedding, as she had a lot going on in her personal life and I think she was just a bit unfocused. Two of my bridesmaids were less than thrilled with their style, but luckily Kate was there to save the day!

I loved that they came to us so we could enjoy getting ready in our bridal suite instead of trekking across town to visit a salon! It made it possible to get some sleep and not have to be up at the crack of dawn, too!

Thank you, Kate, for your amazing service! I hope I can find an excuse to see you again! :)