Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

38 Reviews for Debbie's Floral

Delivery (2)
Set Up (2)
Clean Up (1)
38 Debbie's Floral Reviews

We used Debbie's Floral for our reception centerpieces. The arrangements turned out beautifully! Nell was super nice and definitely knew what she was doing. She was able to figure out what I wanted and help me put together a plan to pull it off. My only complaint was that it was very hard to communicate with them. My emails usually went unanswered and I ended up needing to call them to get a reply. It was not until 2 days before my wedding that we actually had a signed contract in hand and paid the remaining balance for the centerpieces (we booked them through our venue and had paid for a basic plan but had to have a contract and pay for upgrades), although we knew that she had ordered everything and that it would be there for the wedding.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/28/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery

Nell did such an amazing job with our wedding floral! She went above and beyond what I expected. The centerpieces were gorgeous as were the bouquets. She listened to what I wanted and was respectful of my budget. She far exceeded my expectations! I enjoyed working with her and highly recommend Debbie's Floral.

Profile Picture Melanie, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Delivery

I worked with Nell and have to say that she was a creative genius who helped me stay within my budget and provided flowers more beautiful than I imagined. First, she was quick to respond from my first phone call to make an appointment, to giving me an estimate, to the final week details. When I met with Nell to discuss what I wanted, it was amazing to see her work. She was envisioning what I was trying to describe. There were things that I was also unsure of and she asked me the questions or provided me with some pictures to help me. Then, Nell would say "hold on" and she would come back with an example, pulling flowers that were in the shop and creating it. Brilliant! And my bouquet. I described what I wanted, suggested the colors I loved, my favorite flowers, and never had I seen a more beautiful bouquet.

On the day of the wedding, every detail was taken care of. The flowers were PERFECT. The flowers for my unity candle were beautiful and those became the centerpiece for our sweetheart table during the reception. And Nell was so wonderful to work with. In general, I'm a worrier, after our first meeting, I felt inspired and full of joy. I can't describe it. She pinned the boutonnieres and corsages with so much tenderness. Final words, Nell loves what she does and she pours that love into her creations and made my wedding feel so special.

Profile Picture Julie, 3/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I live in Tampa, FL but got married in Gurnee, IL. Because of the long distance, planning was quite a challenge. I did all my planning with Nell and Katrina over the phone and email, so I was a bit nervous to see how the flowers would turn out for my big day. They did a phenomenal job. They respond to my phone calls and emails right away, and worked with me to get everything I wanted within my budget. Nell contacted me at least once a week to ask questions, clarify information, and update me. I did not actually meet Nell until the day of my wedding, and I had only compliments and no complaints. The bouquets for me and my bridesmaids were exactly what I had pictured, the flowers were fresh and stayed fresh all day and evening long--same with the boutonnieres for the guys, and they all look great in pictures. She also provided the flower decor for my cake--it made what was a simple cake look over the top beautiful! Debbie's Floral also provided an archway for my ceremony with draping that was PERFECT for my colors, given that Nell and Katrina never even had a sample of my colors. The floral arrangements on the archway were also beautiful--my parents and the groom's parents each took one of the arrangements home after the wedding and they stayed fresh for a week afterwards. My budget did not allow for any chair upgrades or covers, so Nell went above and beyond to provide some chair ties on the aisle chairs to make the space look wonderful for no additional cost. They were there for set up, conversion of the space from ceremony to reception and tear down at the end of the night. My centerpieces were beautiful, 10" cylinder vases with rocks, orchids and a floating candle. I had originally gone with roses to save money, but Nell decided the orchids looked more elegant and upgraded them at no extra cost. I was blown away by Debbie's Floral's professionalism, responsiveness and quality. I would absolutely recommend Debbie's Floral to anyone for their wedding floral needs.

Profile Picture Erica, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My centerpieces were fabulous . Debbie was very professional and the flowers were beautiful.

Profile Picture User3319149, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The outside of Debbie's Floral does not look fancy, but the people inside (Nel, the owner, Katrina, the designer) are lovely to work with, and they make beautiful flowers.

My mom and I had a great experience planning my wedding flowers with Debbie's floral. They are very flexible about adding and removing flowers that you find you need or don't need (extra boutonnière for a late RSVP, or deciding to use sugar rather than real flowers on the cake) and they are also excellent about fitting flowers into whatever budget you have.

The groom mentions that the flowers were a little bit late to arrive the morning of the wedding, but our church was also a little hard to find. Some of the bridesmaids got lost on their way there, so I understand that.

Overall, it was great, and everyone complemented the flowers.

Profile Picture User2634510, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
1.4

Let me start out by saying that I have not written a negative review and am not planning on writing any other ones, but after my experience with Debbie's Floral I wanted to make sure other brides knew what to expect when booking with them as they were the ONLY vendor that caused me frustration during wedding planning.
I contacted Debbie's Floral after hearing some good recommendations and knew that they had recently changed ownership, but after a good meeting with both Nell and Katrina we decided to move forward with booking Debbie’s as the florist for my wedding. We should have taken the major lack of unresponsiveness in even getting a quote from them a sign that things would get worse. It took Nell over a month to get me a quote, which is odd when you are spending thousands of dollars for flowers and especially when she should be trying to build her clientele. After we had signed the contract it was extremely hard to get answers from Nell and she was always too busy or other things were going on for her to return phone calls and emails. She acted like she was the one doing me a favor when I was her client and she should have acted that way. She basically can’t make any decisions without contacting Katrina first which is frustrating when she is the owner.
I also never saw examples or pictures of what my flowers would look like and basically just gave up on asking because every time I called I got an extremely rude response. The flowers ended up being pretty good except for a few wilted flowers on the bridesmaid bouquets that needed to be removed.
Just a disappointing experience overall and I wouldn’t recommend Debbie’s to anyone.

Profile Picture User1701704, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
0.0

Debbie's Floral in Mundelein was an absolutely horrible experience. Some months before our wedding ownership was changed and it all went downhill from there. Dealing with the new owner Nell was nothing but stress. I had so many upset moments due to her, she is terrible at communication. Then on the day of the wedding it only got worse. My (the bride) bouquet was off in color but even more sad it was already brown and wilting. Plus the flowers kept falling out of the bouquet. The grooms boutonniere was wilted completely down no more that 2 hrs into wearing it. We brought in our own vases for center pieces and after the wedding we were short one, only to find out from an employee that it was broken by Nell. She did not even have the decency to let us know. I could keep going but these are a few examples of the very disappointing and poor service we received. The flowers were the one thing that brought me into brief sad tears on our wedding day. I would not recommend using Debbie's Floral for any service.

Profile Picture Bethany, 5/25/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Debbie's Floral did a beautiful job for my daughter's wedding. We were extremely happy with all the bouquets and arrangements, they were the perfect colors that blended. The church and hall looked beautiful, everyone had wonderfull comments on the flowers. We gave the table arrangements away and friends said they lasted over a week and loved looking at them. Nell and Katrina were patient and very reassuring through the planning.

Profile Picture Julie, 4/14/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

They were so helpful, very flexible, and easy going. It was a pleasure working with them.

Profile Picture Cailin, 10/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I have been a customer of Debbie's for years and not once have I been disappointed. I have done 2 weddings, several showers and have holiday arrangements done and have loved them all. They are a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend them to all!

Profile Picture Debra, 9/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I have all great things to say about Debbies Floral! I was finishing up school and remodeling my house while planning my wedding. I went into Debbies Floral with close to nothing, probably much less of an idea to express than most brides to be, but even after our first meeting I knew that I was going to get exactly what I wanted. The team was helpful and responsive. On the day of my Wedding they took care of everything! The bouquets and arrangements were stunning! We gave the table arrangements away as favors and my guest were very pleased! All in all they helped to make my special day perfect.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Debbies floral was nothing short of perfect! They were very prompt and I ended up with the most beautiful boquet! I would definately recommend them to other brides!

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/6/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Debbie’s Floral did an amazing job at my daughter’s summer wedding. When I walked into the church and saw the arrangements and floral arch, all I could say was “WOW!” The floral designs were unique, artistic, and beautiful! Everything combined to create the perfect wedding ceremony backdrop. The bridal party bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres were gorgeous as well. After the ceremony, Debbie’s Floral efficiently transported everything to the reception at Kemper Lakes Golf Club where the floral arrangements would be used to decorate the head table, cake table, and other areas of the banquet hall. I really liked that all the floral and bouquets were used to adorn both the church AND banquet hall. I was once again awed as I saw the reception hall for the first time. For each table they created a stunning candle light grouping with floral submerged in clear vases filled with water. Floating candles on the top cast a warm glow as the evening progressed. The ambiance was so lovely. Everyone at Debbie’s Floral is a pleasure to work with. Jennifer and Katrina patiently help you through the wedding flower planning process and really listen to your ideas. They have wonderful design ideas, yet are flexible and were quick to accommodate our special requests. They never seemed to mind answering all our questions and Emails and all the changes we made as we planned. On the day of the wedding, they were on time, did all the set up and take down, and coordinated everything perfectly. I can’t imagine working with any other florist as Debbie’s Floral has it all - personalized service, reliability, and exceptional floral designs. I highly recommend Debbie’s Floral for weddings and all your floral needs. You will be so pleased! Thanks to Jennifer and Katrina for everything!

Profile Picture Mary , 7/30/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Debbie's Floral made my wedding so beautiful. They were great in our preliminary meetings and I really liked the proposal they drew up (although they kept spelling my groom's name wrong). I loved how they reused flower arrangements from the ceremony to decorate the reception venue too (saves us money!). I wasn't sure how the flowers would turn out on the wedding day since I'd never actually seen the arrangements, but they were beautiful. When we walked into the reception venue, we were taken aback by just how beautiful the room looked with all the centerpieces and everything. They even set up the arch we rented the day before the wedding so we could practice with it in the rehearsal. Jennifer & Katrina are also the nicest people to work with and very flexible. They know what they're doing so I trusted them to take my vision & make it look good and they did it!

Profile Picture Christy, 7/30/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Debbie's Floral, more specifically Jennifer, was a pleasure to work with. I ran into trouble about 2 weeks before my wedding with the original florist so I needed to find someone quick. I contacted Debbie's Floral and they were able to create floral arrangements as well as come up with some ideas of how to use the arrangements twice (helped me stay well within my budget) for my wedding. On the day of the wedding, the flowers were delivered well before I arrived (one less thing for me to worry about) and they all looked great! Overall, I would say the staff at Debbie's Floral is fantastic and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We absolutely LOVED using Debbie's Floral for our wedding. Jennifer was so sweet and really listened to our vision. Debbie's Floral was the vendor that we most enjoyed working with. The flowers turned out better than I had envision. We give high praise to Debbie's. Thanks so much for all you did!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Debbie's Floral did a beautiful job for my daughter's wedding. We were extremely happy with how the flowers turned out, and we received many compliments on the gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces. Working with Jennifer is such a pleasure! She was so helpful in deciding on the types of flowers, the different colors, different options for centerpieces, and suggested some personal touches -- all while staying within our budget. Her enthusiasm, friendliness, patience, and attention to detail made this part of the wedding planning stress free.

Profile Picture Dolores, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Jennifer was great to work with and helped me stay on my budget!!

Profile Picture Laurie, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Debbie's floral provided excellent service. Jennifer was absolutely wonderful ! She provided excellent suggestions and creative ways to keep our arrangements within our budget. All of our guests thought the flowers were gorgeous. Jennifer went above and beyond with her attention to detail and planned preparations. She was also extremely flexible about any changes that were made after our initial consultation. She even took the time to help incorporate my grandparents' rosaries into my boquet right before I walked down the aisle. I would absolutely reccomend Debbie's Floral to any bride looking for an excellent florist.

Profile Picture Mary, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Debbie's Floral did a fantastic job on the flowers for our wedding. Jennifer was very helpful and patient in working with me, as I had a different color scheme (green & blue) and wasn't sure where to go with it, flower-wise. She had lots of suggestions, and thanks to her knowledge, creativity, and expertise, the flowers looked great! From the bride and bridesmaids' bouquets to the boutenneires to the table and ceremony flowers, everything was flawless! I highly recommend Debbie's Floral for quality flowers and service at an affordable price! :)

Profile Picture Heather, 6/10/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Debbie's Floral did my wedding a month ago, and it was the most pleasant, organized, and efficient experience of all my planning. Jennifer does anything and everything to work with you and make sure everything looks beautiful. When you run out of creative energy, she asks all the right questions to get you back on your feet again. Also she is about the sweetest and most enthusiastic person I have ever met!! My matron of honor had her wedding done with them last year and was beyond pleased, and I've already referred her to (and will continue to refer her to) my engaged friends :) Thank you Debbie's Floral!!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Everything about debbie's flower was great and they did such a good job with all the flowers for our wedding! The flowers held up great, prices were risinable, the customer service was fantastic, and they where so patient with all my changes I made

Profile Picture Sara, 11/20/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Debbie's floral was so easy to work with! Jennifer was our contact at the shop and she really made an effort to get to know my fiance and me, which allowed her to truly personalize the flowers for our special day. Our flowers were beautiful and were all delivered to our chapel and reception location and set up for us. They even came to the chapel after the ceremony to transport our alter flowers to the reception so we could reuse them there for no additional cost. Our flowers received so many compliments that day and it was the one area of our wedding I knew we didn't have to worry about!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/16/10, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The boquets and arrangements were absoloutely beautiful. The flowers were in perfect condition and the colors were very vivd. Jennifer was also very nice and helpful.

Profile Picture Meagan, 10/10/10, 1 Review