Dear Ceremony Reviews

40 Reviews for Dear Ceremony

• Mary

Mary Conroy · Getting married on 09/04/2021

Wonderful experience

Ben was amazing and such a professional. He had so many different options available for the ceremony, and was so flexible to things that we wanted to include. He also was so helpful with suggestions for how things would flow, and was quick to respond when I had a million stupid questions as we approached the big day. He also has a such a warm and calming presence, which helped with any nervousness during the ceremony. He was absolutely the perfect choice for us, and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Dear Ceremony's reply:

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! That was such a sweet and romantic time. I loved your story and what a perfect day. Plusssss! That adorable super sweet little rescue pup. I told my girlfriend Hannah abt her (I think it’s a her?). Congratulations you two, and thanks again for including me. ❤️
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne Chauvin · Married on 10/03/2020

Benjamin is amazing!

Trying to plan a ceremony in 2020 is something else but Benjamin was amazing! He made everything simple to plan remotely and our ceremony was truly beautiful! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Ray · Married on 09/19/2020

Personal and attentive to our desires

Benjamin created the perfect ceremony for us! He listened to what we wanted, was warm and attentive, and made us feel comfortable at all points in the process.

Sent on 09/25/2020

Dear Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much you guys! I’m sure I will see you around, and so cool Daniel is your brother - He’s the best!

Destiny Metzler · Married on 10/04/2019

Ben is the best!

My fiancé and I were looking for a short, sweet and non-traditional ceremony. Ben was so easy to work with and put together a ceremony that was exactly what we were looking for! He was available for questions always and we are so thankful for him! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Dear Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much you guys!! So nice to be there for you and your family. Beautiful setting there and happy I could help create the day you were looking for.
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 09/21/2019

Calm, cool, and just right for our ceremony!

Benjamin was a great officiant for our wedding! He made a point to get to know me and my husband before the wedding, even though we were so far away from where the wedding took place. He helped us personalize our ceremony, making it as beautiful, and as special as we wanted it to be! He was also such a calming presence when I was in panic mode the night of rehearsal when we were double-booked at the venue! He went right with the flow and helped me in any way he could!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Jennifer · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Benjamin did a fantastic job with our wedding ceremony! Everyone commented on how very "us" the ceremony was and that they loved how personal the ceremony was. Benjamin was a very calming presence at our wedding. He did a amazing job writing a story about us based on the emails my husband and I sent him. He was truly a pleasure to work with! We highly recommend Benjamin to officiate your wedding-He will make your ceremony so special. Thank you so much Benjamin for helping make our wedding day so perfect!!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Dear Ceremony's reply:

Hi Jen and Eric!! You two have, and are creating a fantastic story! What a fun and romantic ceremony.. beautiful spot and wonderful people. Thanks so much!

Annie Molodetz · Married on 06/22/2019

Love love love

Ben is a truly kind and genuine person who created a personalized and special ceremony that was one of a kind and completely authentic to us as a couple. He was extremely responsive, flexible, professional, and open to designing a ceremony just for us. He made us feel so comfortable during a stressful time and having him stand up with us in front of our friends and family meant the world. Thank you, Ben!!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Katrina

Katrina Anderson · Married on 06/01/2019

Life saving officiant

I contacted Benjamin after another officiant cancelled on us two months out. I thinks things worked out for the better! He was so patient with us and was very available to ease any of my worries. He had no problem editing the script to match us and our wants. On our wedding day he was very professional and I everyone was complimenting his calm reading style.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Kimi

Kimi · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Benjamin was absolutely wonderful to work with from beginning to end. During our phone conversations, we noticed was his calm persona, he is very thorough, and has everything under control. This is a huge help on the day of the wedding when things were hectic.
    I did not anticipate 'leaning' on him so much when it came down to the time of the ceremony, but 100% Benjamin had things under control. We could not have asked for a smoother or more memorable ceremony. All of our family members loved the words be brought to our ceremony. It was truly a blessing that we found him and we could not be happier.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Dear Ceremony's reply:

Thanks so much, Kimi!! Loved being there in that special place with your cute families... happy the rain cleared up for us just at the right time - could hear the birds chirping through the screen doors during the ceremony. Very happy to help out. Congratulations!! You two are so in love

Paul Yakel · Married on 04/06/2019

One of the family

We contacted Ben to officiate our ceremony in Utica, NY which was a bit of a distance from where he lives. From the very first phone call, he was fully invested and willing to work with us. Even with the distance (we live in Albany), we felt we had the opportunity to get to know Ben and for him to get to know us as a couple. We took time to Skype and figure out what we wanted out of a ceremony. The first time we actually met was at our rehearsal and for the remainder of the weekend, Ben was part of our family and wedding weekend! His ceremony was heartfelt and genuine and captured everything we wanted to say to each other. Ben was the perfect addition to our perfect wedding weekend! We couldn't have chosen anyone more fitting to kick off our journey together. Thanks, Ben!!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Dear Ceremony's reply:

Awww you guys were so the best! Thank you so much for including me in your wedding day and weekend!!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

We absolutely adore Benjamin! He was amazing from the very start. We knew as soon as we met him that he was the one. He is a very sweet man and we would hire him again in a heartbeat. I was a worried bride and Benjamin was there and very responsive to all my emails and calls. He also took the time to walk me through the ceremony many times over the phone. I am glad we decided to have him at the rehearsal the night before. He knew exactly what he was doing and lifted so much weight off our shoulders. We had many compliments on how amazing our officiant was. His voice is so soft and calm which makes the ceremony that more beautiful! We couldn't have found a better officiant for our big day. I highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Cassandra · Married on 06/23/2018

Benjamin was amazing since the first day we talked to him. We "met" him the first time over video chat since we lived 10+ hours away. Benjamin was always very responsive and wrote the most beautiful ceremony. We cannot talk him enough for being part of our magical day!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Kimberly · Married on 10/07/2017

Benjamin is amazing so work with! He is so kind and does a wonderful job writing vows and making your ceremony unique! Thank you so much, it was a pleasure working with you!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Jen · Married on 05/27/2017

It was the perfect ceremony!! Benjamin was very professional and kind. From start to finish he was very easy to work with! We had many people say how great the ceremony was. We kept it short and sweet. His words were genuine and sincere. We would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/26/2017

From start to finish, Benjamin helped make our special day unforgettable! Thank you, Benjamin!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Katelyn · Married on 02/08/2017

He was the perfect match for our super small, outdoor wedding. Highly recommend him to everyone I can. Thank you Dear Ceremony!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Badr · Married on 02/20/2016

We cannot say enough about how important Benjamin was for our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery. As a bit of background: My wife and I debated quite a bit about what we wanted to do for our ceremony: we don't follow a single religious tradition and frankly we weren't sure if we wanted to have much of a ceremony at all. In the end, we contacted Benjamin and decided that we would see how we felt upon meeting him. Within a few minutes we knew we had made the right choice.

Benjamin is one of the most kind and sincere people we have ever met, and we instantly felt comfortable with him. Over the course of a few months, he guided us through the process of putting together a ceremony that represented what was important to us. After our first meeting, we instantly felt calm and confident about not only the ceremony but also the process of planning the wedding itself. This was an experience repeated many times as we met with Benjamin leading up to the big day. Speaking with Benjamin was always a source of calm and reassurance.

On the day itself, Benjamin arrived early to help us and our family prepare for what was to come, and almost every guest we spoke to made a point to tell us how moved they were by some aspect of the ceremony. It was important to us both that our family were direct participants in the ceremony and Benjamin suggested a flower exchange between each of us and our significant other's parents as a way to acknowledge their support and the union of our two families. This was one of many details that Benjamin recommended which connected with our guests and transformed something we had seen as a bit of a dated ritual into something intimate and personal that really brought us all together.

We can't recommend Benjamin highly enough. We never would have imagined what a difference a real pro like Benjamin would make in the planning process and on the day itself.

Sent on 06/09/2016
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2015

Ben was wonderful! He was so very nice and I couldn't have imagined a more wonderful ceremony! Definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Tara · Married on 09/19/2015

Benjamin Marlan recently officiated our beach wedding and we couldn't have been happier with his service! We met with Benjamin a few months before our wedding and knew right away that he was perfect for us. He was genuinely interested in every aspect of our wedding, as well as getting to know our personalities, so that he could create the perfect set of vows for our ceremony. He offered suggestions to our ceremony and vows which we loved and incorporated into our big day. We received many compliments from guests commenting on how special and personal the ceremony was! Benjamin also went above and beyond - offering to arrive early and help with any set up that was needed before the wedding started. We highly recommend his services to anyone who is looking for an officiant.

Sent on 10/03/2015

gina · Married on 08/15/2015

I have gone to other weddings that Ben has officiated and he is always calm, collective and pleasant. Something that is much appreciated on the day of a wedding. He is professional meeting with the couple planning and suggesting ways to make your ceremony what you desiree. No two wedding ceremonies are exactly alike. For my wedding Ben suggested ways to include our family member through a flower exchange it was a nice way for us to include the family members that were not part of the bridal party.
    Having Ben officiant my wedding was also a blessing. My husband and I could not imagine anyone else. We were fortunate to have met through Ben, which made it extra special for us. Having attended a few other weddings that Ben has officiated I could say that he he truly gets to know the couple and helps them to create a ceremony that is personal and special to them. He is the BEST!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/04/2014

Upon our first meeting with Benjamin we knew he was the right choice, he is beyond understanding, patient and professional. He understands what a marriage ceremony should be about-family, love and celebration. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful, all of our family members commented on how perfect it was. Benjamin is amazing!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Adam · Married on 08/16/2014

Ben was the best officiant we could hope for. Neither my wife nor myself are particularly religious, and Ben was able to tailor a ceremony around our wishes, keeping it very nature-centric. He was responsive, made us feel comfortable, gave advice when needed, and listened to what we wanted. He also prepared a beautiful ceremony in the small window of time we had between hiring him and the date. Ben was absolutely everything we could ask for in an officiant.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Jon and Jodi · Married on 06/14/2014

In a phrase....Benjamin literally saved our wedding. We had not known about Ben and had signed on with another officiant who went AWOL 1 month before our wedding. Ben stepped in at a moment's notice and planned the most beautiful, thoughtful, and amazing wedding that exceeded all our expectations. We and our guests loved the entire ceremony. It was designed exactly to our needs and tastes, combining the most heartfelt moments with the perfect mix of laughter. Ben was always available for any questions or requests we had. We cannot express enough how amazing he is and are so thankful that we found him. We feel it was meant to be. (like us...)

Sent on 08/01/2014

Working with Benjamin was a pleasure: he was available, caring and overall a gentle soul.

Sent on 05/06/2014

Noelle · Married on 04/19/2014

Given our different faith backgrounds, we knew that getting married in a church or synagogue was not going to be an option for our ceremony. We were looking for a ceremony that took highlights from both our Catholic and Jewish heritages while keeping our marriage as the focal point.

Benjamin was perfect, he customized our ceremony to fit exactly what we were looking for. We met with Benjamin multiple times before the wedding ensuring that he knew us, our personalities and what we desired making the entire process stress-free and enjoyable.

It was an absolute pleasure working with Benjamin and we would highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/09/2014