Dean and Brown Catering, LLC. Reviews

255 | Forest Hill, MD

255 Reviews for Dean and Brown Catering, LLC.

Dean and Brown Catering, LLC. 1
Dean and Brown Catering, LLC. 6
Dean and Brown Catering, LLC. 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Getting married on 07/18/2019

We can not say enough good things about Dean and Brown! They were the most amazing and wonderful people to work with, Sue in the planning and tasting stages and Terry and Steve in the final planning and then the event! Sue, Terry, Steve and the rest of the rest of the staff were so great! We did not have to worry about one thing that day. Terry and Steve had everything taken care of for us and we could not have asked for a better experience. We have also had so many guests comment on how wonderful everyone from Dean and Brown was and what a spectacular job they did. We truly recommend Dean and Brown Catering for any event and will not hesitate to use them for our own events in the future. They are truly the best!

Deann Webb · Married on 11/24/2018

Dean and Brown did an amazing job at our wedding.

Dean and Brown took care of my wedding guests as well as the wedding party. We did not hire a wedding planner but they assisted us with the set up of everything and provided us with an amazing menu.

David B · Married on 11/03/2018

Great catering experience!

We used Dean and Brown for our wedding and couldn't have been happier! The food was great and we received many compliments on our main dishes. The catering staff was very professional and made sure all of our guests were taken care of. They even made it a point to bring us a plate of appetizers when we arrived at our reception venue. We appreciate all of their help setting up our reception venue and making it a stress-free day! Everything was perfect! We would highly recommend them for a great catering experience!

• Sara

Sara · Married on 10/28/2018

Hire them - NOW!

Just hire them, seriously. They are afforadable, attentive, etc. but also so much more. They go above and beyond and are day-of coordinators, dress fluffers, shoulders to cry on - just an amazing group of people that I feel so blessed to have stumbled upon. You won't be sorry if you hire them - they truly made my wedding the amazing night I dreamed of!

Lindsay Jones · Married on 10/26/2018

outstanding caterer

Outstanding throughout the planning, coordination and execution for our wedding of 130 guests. Terry was involved in all planning and Steve was the coordinator onsite. Everything was set up on time; the staff was pleasant, efficient and competent. The food was absolutely delicious and we've received numerous compliments on the quality and service of the food. The cost was mid-range and the value well worth the cost. We highly recommend them as a caterer.

Sandi Bruce · Married on 10/14/2018

Way more than a caterer!

Dean and Brown was recommended by my wedding venue, and I'm so glad that they were! Everybody I spoke to was super friendly and helpful. I'm vegan, and I realize that (especially in Bel Air) that's quite unusual and challenging. The chef was so accommodating! We decided to do the whole thing vegetarian, with a bunch of vegan options. They let me customize their normal brunch menu with a ton of subsitututions, and everything was delicious! Our guests loved it! And Terry was so much more than a caterer - she basically coordinated the wedding, which was so great, because we had no idea what we were doing! Underneath that super cheery exterior is an ultra-organized and on-the-ball woman with a plan A, B, and C for every eventuality (and we used some plan B and C with some unexpected weather, without missing a beat).
    Everything went perfectly, and I really couldn't have been happier with our choice of caterer!

• Michael

Michael · Married on 10/13/2018

Extraordinary service and quality!

In all seriousness, if I could give Dean & Brown more than five stars, I would. From beginning to end, they (and especially Terry, our event coordinator) made the wedding planning process as streamlined and simple as possible for us. When we first reached out to them, all we knew was that we would have about 120 guests and that we wanted a fall-themed wedding. D&B responded within two days with a fully formed menu ready for us to taste that hit all the right notes and required only one small tweak from us. In the month leading up to the big day, Terry was in constant contact with us (both by email and at an in-person consultation at our venue), answering any questions we had and making sure all the details were hammered out, from the number and color of the linens to the recipes for our signature drinks and the dietary restrictions of our guests. On the day of the wedding, they were scheduled to arrive and start setting up by 2:45, so I got there at 2:30 so I could be there to meet them. When I arrived, they were not only already there, but they were almost completely done setting everything up! They truly went above and beyond for the entire day, even breaking down our ceremony seating for us (which was on the dance floor instead of outside due to inclement weather) during our patio cocktail hour, so none of the bridal party, parents, or guests had to break away to clean up. During post-ceremony picture time, the waitstaff brought us an assortment of appetizers and drinks, and during the buffet-style dinner Terry personally brought us food and drinks so we were free to just enjoy the moment with our guests. Not to mention the excellent food, bartenders, and service staff! In every sense, Dean & Brown’s service was extraordinary.

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2018

Awesome group, awesome service

Dean & Brown did a fantastic job catering our recent wedding on 10/12/18! The food was excellent, our guests couldn't stop talking about it and their service was even better. Hard to find vendors that genuinely care about their clients, they went above and beyond what we could have ever asked for. Terry and Christina are truly the best!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 10/07/2018

1000% recommend!

I cannot leave a review worthy of how amazing Dean and Brown are! They made the planning of and day of my wedding so much easier! Terry is a shining star! They are worthy every penny. You will be so pleased with these amazing people. The food is wonderful also!

Deanna · Married on 10/06/2018

Dean and Brown Catering was professional from the first time we met with them Their food is superb and and their service is amazing. They paid attention to every detail for our wedding. We could not imagine our wedding day without the excellent hospitality and service provided to us by Dean and Brown.

J · Married on 10/06/2018

AMAZING Catering Team!!!

Our experience with Dean & Brown was AMAZING! We got married on Oct 6, 2018 at the Liriodendron. From first contact, Christina and Terry were always very responsive. We set up a tasting and knew that they would be our caterer! They are very flexible with changes and want to make sure you're happy! We did our walk through the month before to go over Plan A and B. On the day of the wedding, we had Terry as our coordinator. She and her staff kept the day running smoothly! She made sure we stayed on our timeline and had drinks and food ready for the wedding party after the ceremony! Not only did they cater, they also made sure all of the tables were nice decorated with the centerpieces and flowers we provided. At the end of the ceremony, they packed up everything nicely and even sent us home with leftovers. This was truly the wedding of our dreams. Thanks so much Dean and Brown!

Dean and Brown Catering, LLC. 8

Hollin · Married on 09/22/2018

From beginning to end we had a wonderful experience with Dean and Brown! Highly recommend!

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2018

They took care of everything - seamlessly

Terry was my contact when working with Dean & Brown. They were flexible with my limited budget and still delivered everything to make my wedding easy. I had an indoor/outdoor venue, and we planned to have everything outdoors, but when it rained, they moved everything inside without me having to lift a finger or say a word. When I arrived (late) to the venue, everything was ready to go - the tables, the centerpieces, the food, the drinks, the hors d'oeuvres. Terry even had a prepared drink table for the bridal party getting ready. I cannot say enough good things about this caterer - they are much, much more than a catering company, so do not let the price per plate get in your way of hiring them. I paid roughly $50/person (including taxes, fees, bartending, servers) and got everything I mentioned above. They truly run like a well-oiled machine. My mom also was very impressed with them. I have only one negative thing to say, and that is that the bartender was flirting with quite a few female guests at my wedding, which I find very unprofessional and made some women uncomfortable.

Janice · Married on 09/08/2018

Dean and Brown were the best to work with for our small anniversary party of 47 guests. They understood from the very beginning what we were looking for and they delivered to perfection. Would definitely use they again!

Brittney · Married on 09/01/2018

Steve, Terry and Christine did an amazing job catering our wedding! We’ve gotten so many compliments about how amazing the food was that night. They were very accommodating to our guests with dietary restrictions and very prompt to responding to all our questions! Linens and tablecloths were provided and setup beautifully and the staff was always nearby to make sure we always had everything we needed! Couldn’t recommended them enough!!

Dean and Brown Catering, LLC. 9
    Dean and Brown Catering, LLC. 10

Abby · Married on 08/25/2018

I can't tell you how many compliments I got on the food!! I had so many compliments from every single guest. Along with that they did the setup of my ceremony and reception site. Everything was perfect! So many of my other vendors would ask who I was working with for catering and they would all sigh with relief when I told them Dean and Brown. I got married at Swan Harbor Farm and it can be tricky to operate there if you're unfamiliar. Every single person I asked told me to go with Dean and Brown. We had the owner, Steve, running things for our wedding and he was so sweet. He would bring me water and food and try to make sure I was finding time to actually eat. I can't recommend them enough!! They did so much for the price!

Andrea · Married on 07/21/2018

Thank you to Dean and Brown Catering!! D&B catered our party on Saturday and it was a wonderful experience from beginning to end! The food was delicious, our guests were so impressed! The staff was very professional and friendly, thank you Chasi and Caitlyn for your help! Steve your food is excellent and thank you again for making our celebration an enjoyable and relaxing time, despite the rain.

Karen · Married on 07/14/2018

The catering team of Dean and Brown were amazing! From the initial meeting and tasting through our big day, we knew we were in the best of hands. Christina and Terry shared ideas, helped with the decisions, and made sure we were stress-free. The food was amazing, the servers and bartender were very friendly and engaging. Their help with the set up of our venue and presentation of desserts were fantastic. We highly recommend this amazing team for your catering needs!

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2018

Dean & Brown took care of the catering for my wedding, headed by Terry. They did such an amazing job! The food was delicious and filling, Terry was thoughtful and helpful in every way - including things I didn't think of myself. I couldn't have asked for a better catering team. She even remembered that I had told her (during one of our many conversations) my favorite cake flavor (we had 4 different options in our cake) and she made sure a special piece was held for me so that I didn't miss it with all of the running around I had to do! If I have another major event/party I definitely will hire them again!!! Can't say enough good things about them.

Emily · Married on 06/18/2018

Dean and Brown were absolutely amazing. I had a brunch wedding on a Monday morning at the Liriodendron. I contacted them through the email on their website and heard back right away. At first I was worried about the price (I was a bride on a budget!), but I quickly learned their service, caring, and experience is well worth it. I met with Terry on site at the Liriodendron and she walked through the entire day with me. They've done so many weddings at the Lirio, it was nice to sit back and let her guide me through the process.

The day of... Oh boy. They were amazing. Since it was an early wedding (10 AM!), I hadn't been able to grab breakfast beforehand. Terry herself brought me up some snacks from the catering. The staff came in every so often asking if we needed anything, always with a pitcher of water. Terry even helped direct for the wedding processional--which eased my mom's worries that she would have to do it all!

Dean and Brown Catering went above and beyond, and I couldn't be happier that I went with them as my caterer. If you're considering a wedding at the Liriodendron, they are a must!!

MELISSA · Married on 06/16/2018

Dean and Brown was everything and more! They made our wedding day oh so special! They were professional, punctual, organized AND the food was amazing! What more do you need?? I would definitely recommend them to friends and family! Great catering for any event!

Amelia · Married on 06/03/2018

Terry was amazing. She answered every question I had as the day approached. She was very helpful in managing time so i could focus on enjoying the reception. Not to mention, the food was amazing. We did a brunch menu with breakfast foods. I had soooo many compliments from my guests on how good the food was

Lisa · Married on 05/27/2018

Words cannot express our gratitude to Dean and Brown (especially Terry) for the job well done catering my daughter's wedding at Swan Harbor Farm. From beginning to the end we knew we were in good hands. The food was excellent, but the service was even better! When the weather didn't cooperate and many of our plans were adjusted last minute, Terry handled everything seamlessly and without concerning us one bit. We were completely confident knowing she was doing all the right things to save the day, and it was all still amazing! The rest of the staff were all professional and very friendly as well, the whole experience could not have gone better! Hire them!

Jasmine · Married on 05/20/2018

Working with Dean and Brown was great! I initially booked a Sunday brunch wedding at the Liriodendron but decided to change my event time to the evening. Dean and Brown provided me a great menu for dinner and even grabbed my flat shoes when I got tired of wearing heels at the reception. They were beyond my expectations and extremely affordable.

Jing · Married on 05/18/2018

Food was terrific and the service was top notch. I have to admit coming from DC I was worried that the food in Bel Air wasn't going to be on par, but as it turned out the steaks were perfect (many guests raved about them) and the chicken chesapeake had so much crab it was like having a crab cake on top. They even accommodated our request for tiny Old Bay shakers! Terry served as a day-of event planner for everything, and they not only made sure the food displays were beautiful, but also kept us on time every step along the way. Also the value is unbelievable: table cloths were included in the pricing and although cake and desserts came from another vendor, they provided the plates and utensils. (At my job I often work with caterers for events and that's not always the case). Definitely would recommend!