11 Reviews for De Joy Photography

Trash The Dress (1)
Canvas (1)
Prints (1)
11 De Joy Photography Reviews

Magical and needed no guidence after the inititial meeting.I loved her energy and knew she "Got Me" and what i wanted for my wedding. Amber provided. Ready to hire her for another Family Session!

Profile Picture Tanya, 1/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amber is amazing! Our photographs are stunning! Well worth the bargain we got!

Profile Picture Jill, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amber was the glue to my wedding. She is not only one of the best photographers out there but she's a necessity to every wedding. You won't find anyone more professional. I wrote a list of all the essential shots I needed, with a proposed schedule for her for the day along with my schedule. She called Me and went over every single detail, and never made me feel rushed. She had very limited time for all the things I wanted during our wedding but she went far and beyond what I expected and got everything I wanted photographed. It was a long journey to find Amber, it's so hard to know what a photographers like by there website and I wanted something very specific. No exaggeration I looked at every photographer from Big Sur to San Jose and communicated with over 40 photographers, after speaking with her, I knew she was the one. She put my wishes and hopes first, as many photographers I've worked in the past do not and her price is very fair! It was just so nice to have a photographer so talented and kind with me throughout the entire day. The final images are magazine spread quality. Thank you so much for being such a huge part of our wedding day and giving us so many spectacular images.

Profile Picture Brit, 9/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I had a civil ceremony and contacted Amber less than a month before my husband and I were scheduled. She was super friendly and very helpful.

Profile Picture Mara, 12/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amber was a phenomenal photographer. When I arrived to get ready, she was already outside taking photos of my wedding dress hanging in the trees. Then as the bridesmaids were getting ready, she had all the flower girls come outside and take these interesting and gorgeous photographs using mirrors. The photos were amazing using the reflections of the mirrors to see the adorable little girls precious faces. Amber is vibrant and full of energy. So creative. She captured the light of our small chapel wedding perfectly. I can’t stop looking at the beautiful array of colors in her photos. Then to my surprise, while the family was inside finishing up wedding photos, she had the bridal party come with her for more photographs. The surprise was the hilarious photographs of our bridal party by the policeman directing traffic for the church crosswalk! It was so well suited and comical for our wild and vibrant group of friends! Certainly something only her energetic, original, and colorful mind would come up with! We had a lovely reception with some exceptional photographs taken and then afterward, we went into my parents woods for one last photo shoot of the day, in my favorite place: nature. She captured my favorite places in the woods and my husband’s favorite natural places as well. I can’t stop looking at the photos she took of our wedding. I knew I could put my faith in De Joy Photography to capture all of our special moments. It meant the world to me not to have to worry about looking up different poses or keeping track of the photographer because she did everything I wanted and then more!!! We are so incredibly pleased with the photographs. Something we will cherish forever.

Profile Picture User5605227, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress

We were extremely pleased with the photos of our daughter’s wedding. De Joy Photography captured the spirit and charming personalities of the bride and groom, flower girls, bridesmaids, and groomsmen. She was able to beautifully portray the table decorations. Looking at the finished product, each page of our photobook comes alive with great memories because of the fabulous photography. Thank you so much from the Mother of the Bride!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Multi. Locations

Our wedding photographs are beautiful. We've received so many compliments on the photographs themselves (not just how nice we looked). Amber takes really beautiful posed portraits where everyone looks very natural. She has a gift at making people laugh or smile so that everyone looks genuine and relaxed. She is also very talented at taking candid photographs and photographing children (which if you've ever tried, you know it is extremely challenging). She has a great eye for color and composition.

Amber was a joy to work with! She is energetic and enthusiastic. You can tell she really loves what she does. She has great ideas and is also very flexible. She will go to great lengths to get an excellent shot!

Amber was very fun and sweet. She was an integral part of our wedding! She contributed to making everything feel really special and joyous, where some of my fondest memories of our wedding day were taking the photographs. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Laurie, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amber photographed our wedding and engagement pictures and she was amazing! All of the wedding guests loved her and she helped us in corralling all the guest to get into the group pictures. She was so flexible and able to capture such amazing shots of our very special day and all the guest who attended. She helped us with pose ideas and direction which was a big help for us (since we aren't very natural models). She was also super fast in getting us the shots. Her energy and excitement was contagious and most of all, we have the most amazing and natural pictures to always remember our wedding day!

Profile Picture User4928081, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I was so thankful for De Joy Photography to capture this occasion for my husband and me!!! Great pictures, and the photographer was fun to work with.

Profile Picture Leah, 4/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amber has an incredible gift at capturing fleeting, sudden, beautiful moments, and freezing these snippets of timelessness, forever. The laughter, the love, the joy, the moments in which all else faded away and nothing in the world mattered more than the one I most loved by my side...were framed by her. She had us pose for elegantly and artistically done pictures, while she also captured candid, free, unexpected moments of beauty.
She was very professional, and I never felt as if she was too close, or invading my space during this special time. She is incredibly patient, and listens to what your desires and wishes are for the event.
I highly recommend her. She is an incredibly talented photographer, and has an eye quite unlike any I've come across.

Profile Picture User5083435, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amber is an incredible photographer! I had a destination wedding on the beach in Belize, and Amber did such an amazing job with the photography. There were several challenges (lighting, wind, a self conscious bride, etc) that Amber worked around with a great deal of ease and professionalism, and I was so thrilled with how the pictures turned out. She is very creative, fun, and willing to go the extra mile to make sure your memories are captured in a beautiful way. I would highly recommend using her for your event, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Miranda, 5/12/12, 1 Review