Daylight Weddings & Films Reviews

102 | Saunderstown, RI

102 Reviews for Daylight Weddings & Films

Becky · Married on 11/03/2018

Jess & Mike were great!

Jess and Mike made our wedding day memories last forever because we chose them for our videographer. They made us feel comfortable and worked really had to capture every moment on our big day! Mike even stopped traffic on a main road to video our limo while I was waiting to go into the church!! I couldn't have asked for anyone better to capture my big day. Thank You again Mike and Jess!

Kristina · Married on 09/29/2018

Awesome to work with!

From my first communication with Jessica and Michael, I knew my wedding video experience was going to be in good hands. They were so warm and easygoing and very communicative. Just from viewing their other videos they had made I was so excited to hire them. Before the wedding, day of the wedding and afterwards they did not disappoint! I was a barrel of nerves on my wedding day and Jessica's easy friendly demeanor was quite comforting. We almost had to call Jessica in for backup to button my dress! I was SO excited to view our trailer. We had posted it on our facebook page and received so many compliments. Jessica and Michael's work speaks for itself. My husband and I received the full video the other day and it is amazing! I want to watch it everyday. I told them I wish I could get married again just so I can hire them again and I truly meant it. 100% recommend Daylight!

Meghan Baker · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing final products!

We highly recommend Daylight (Jessica and Michael). From the first communication, Jessica was responsive, thoughtful, warm, and genuinely excited about our wedding. We met with Jess in-person and we knew right from the start that this was our videographer. Her professionalism and sincerity were obvious. We reviewed their portfolio and it left us emotional.
    Our wedding day had a number of logistical aspects to it. We had bridal prep in the Biltmore hotel, groom prep at a men’s spa/barber shop, the ceremony at a church, and the reception about twenty minutes away from the church. Well in advance, Daylight took the time to help us organize and plan for each of these parts. Logistically, it was challenging, but Jess and Mike made it easy and seamless.
    Daylight captured great footage of the groomsmen getting shaves and haircuts. They took the time to include some stills and pans capturing the masculine atmosphere. They also shot some gorgeous footage of bridal prep. Daylight had great attention to detail and was very prepared. They even brought a hanger and hook for hanging and filming my dress over the bed!
    At the church, Jess placed a mic inconspicuously on my husband-to-be. When we watched the final product, were loved that the mic caught some candid whispers between us. During the ceremony, Daylight filmed from a number of effective angles and panned and zoomed at all the right times. They captured the entrance, vows, ring exchange, and exit smoothly and aesthetically. During the formal photos, Jess and Mike were amazing. They shot great film of us and our family and wedding party.
    The drone, the drone, this was one of the best parts! Mike skillfully flew the drone in gusty winds on our wedding day. He shot footage from over the church and waterfront, as we arrived by boat. This was absolutely amazing and well worth it!
    Daylight continued to capture all the key aspects and parts of our reception. From the entrances, to the first dance, prayer, and cake cutting, all of the video came out awesome; really capturing the picturesque views that we loved.
    Our wedding day felt like it went so fast, but Daylight was able to document and preserve so much of it for us to share and appreciate forever. Another amazing thing about Jess and Mike is the way they shoot. We barely knew that they were there. They are so skilled that they slip around shooting without interrupting or even slightly getting in the way.
    Within about six weeks, Daylight sent us an amazing seven-minute highlight video. Simply put, it is phenomenal. About a week later, and after the final payment, they completed the full video. It is just under two hours and is outstanding. The music, angles, and the finishing is perfect; an amazing sampling of the night. Watching it makes us feel like we were right there, in the moment. The final product went above and beyond and left us breathless. For all of these reasons, and more, we highly recommend Daylight!

Michelle · Married on 08/11/2018

Mike and Jessica were wonderful to work with from start to finish. They were very responsive when booking and even offered their help throughout the planning process. Communication and organization are key for a wedding to run smoothly and Mike and Jessica excelled in these categories. They were prompt, efficient, and made us feel very comfortable. The final highlight video had all of us in tears and was simply perfect. I would highly recommend this amazing company for your wedding videographer!

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I got married in June and were originally on the fence about hiring a Videographer. After some serious thought (and budgeting) we decided that we were going to. Our Photographer recommended Daylight Films & Video to us. After speaking on the phone to Jessica it was a no brainer. Her warmth and compassion for her and her husband's work was palpable. Her and Michael were honest and professional throughout our entire wedding planning process.

Jessica and Michael made my husband and I feel comfortable from our "getting ready" time, to our ceremony and our reception. They captured not only our big moments, but also the small moments most people would overlook. Through watching our highlight video we were able to relive the best day of our lives. There is no monetary value that could be placed on the memories, smiles, happy tears, and laughs. We can't wait to watch our video for years to come.

If you are on the fence, I HIGHLY recommend Daylight Weddings & Films. You will NOT be disappointed.

Michael and Danielle Smith

Maria · Married on 06/22/2018

Jess and Mike are simply the best! From start to finish they were a pleasure to work with and very responsive to all of our questions.
    We received our highlight video yesterday and it was more amazing than we ever could have imagined! It captured our favorite day perfectly. We cannot thank them enough!

Kimberly · Married on 06/02/2018

So happy we went with Daylight Wedding & Films to capture our wedding day on June 2, 2018. Jess and mike were very professional and so much fun to have as our videographers on our day. They were great at making sure everything ran smoothly and on time. They did not miss a single moment. Jess and Mike are truly talented and there eye for detail is unbelievable. When we watched our highlight video for the first time it brought us to tears along with everyone else who watched it, it was so beautiful. We received everything the highlight and full video within a few weeks after our wedding! It was great! We loved how everything came out and love that when we watch our wedding video it feels like we are reliving our wedding day. We would highly recommend Daylight Wedding and Films.

Pinar · Married on 04/28/2018

Our videos turned out fantastic! Better than I would have expected, turned around really quickly; and they were very pleasant to work with during the day of! Thank you very much for everything!

Christi · Married on 04/22/2018

We first met with Mike and Jess after our photographer recommended them to us. We knew if a great photographer was recommending them, they would be really good to work with. Mike and Jess did not disappoint. We were very pleased with the overall process with them and the videos they do are amazing! We saw a good selection of videos when we first met with them and then met with a few other videographers. None compared to Mike and Jess's work! Not only did they have our highlight video done in less than 2 weeks, we had the full video waiting for us after our 2 week honeymoon. We were thrilled with the quality of the video and highly recommend Mike and Jess to capture your special day!

Danielle · Married on 04/13/2018

I cannot thank Michael and Jessica enough. They were so accommodating and up to the challenge of shooting our short, simple, yet sweet wedding day. They truly captured our unique day in a heartfelt highlight video. Not only are they two of the most caring people I've ever met, their distinctive talent and generosity surpasses all others - supreme.

Erika · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married 11/11/17 and are so thrilled that we chose Daylight Films to capture our wedding day. We had originally decided against videographer due to budget constraints but less than three months before the wedding we decided to stretch the budget to include video and we couldn’t be happier with that decision. Michael and Jessica were so accommodating, prompt, attentive and kind from the first day we contacted them. They were a pleasure to have present at our wedding, there when we needed them and nearly invisible otherwise. We just received our hilight video and final full video less than two months after the wedding and we are so in love with all of the beautiful, fun, candid and meaningful moments they captured. We can’t wait to share the video with our friends and family and someday our children. If you’re on the fence about videographer my advice is to absolutely do it and you couldn’t make a better decision than to go with Daylight FIlms to capture all the magical moments of one of the most wonderful days of your life!!

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Mike and Jess were so awesome to work with!! You can tell they really care about the couples they work with. They were so quick to respond to any call or email and did a fantastic job with our video, we couldn’t be happier! We had the highlight video package and they captured all the best moments of our night so we can relive it over and over again! Worth every penny!

Kathryn · Married on 09/23/2017

Michael and Jessica were an absolute pleasure to work with and we are truly blown away by the final result of our video. We decided on a 10 minute highlight video and shared a few of our ideas with Mike, who went above and beyond to incorporate everything we wanted and edited it beautifully into THE perfect love story video. No boring moments, caught the whole day, from getting ready to end of the night dancing, and aligned it all perfectly to our wedding song. It’s literally the most beautiful video ever (I may be biased) and we are SO glad we ended up getting one. Jessica’s friendly demeanor and ability to communicate effectively throughout the whole process is exactly what you need when planning a wedding. These two are passionate, professional, talented, and real, and hiring them was one of our best moves for the big day!
    -Kathryn NY/RI

Kelsey · Married on 09/09/2017

We got married in September and couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Daylight Weddings & Films to capture our special day. They were extremely friendly and helpful throughout the informational phase prior to booking and helped answer all of our questions and concerns. On the day of, they arrived on time and were really friendly to everyone...and the best thing was we didn't even notice they were there! They only took a few moments at various scenes to film special requests, but the rest of the time they blended into the background which is exactly what we wanted. Fast forward to when we received our highlight video and we were IN LOVE with the end result! Our friends and family all told us they cried during it, and we have watched it on repeat so happy with how it all turned out. We loved how we were able to get some of the edited raw footage as well to relive the ceremony and some of the other moments in the wedding we didn't get a chance to see in person. We would definitely recommend them to any other brides planning their wedding!

Lauren · Married on 08/13/2017

Daylight Films & Video did an AMAZING job of filming and editing our wedding in August 2017. Mike and Jess were always available to ask questions and they had great communication. They did a wonderful job making my husband and I feel comfortable. They filmed my sisters wedding back in February and our family has come to love them both. Thank you! They also worked well with our photographer and the proof was in the video. It was so nice to look back on our special day and relive those amazing moments. And the interviews, BEYOND FABULOUS! So funny to watch and highly recommend incorporating those into your wedding video. :-) We plan to watch our wedding video on our anniversary each year and can't wait to begin this new tradition thanks to the two of you! My husband and I highly recommend Mike and Jess.

Madison · Married on 07/22/2017

Jess and Mike are absolutely amazing! From the minute we contacted them, we were sure we would use them for our Videography! They made us feel like Celebrities on our wedding day, without being intrusive to our personal space at all, or making us feel like we were being recorded. The day was absolutely perfect and our Highlight Video that we shared on Facebook had people crying that weren't even there, and some people who barely knew us! I can't say thank you enough to Daylight Films. Nothing I could write in this review would adequately describe how awesome they were..... You get it ;) We've recommended them to everyone we know that has an upcoming wedding. We are so happy to say that our close friends have also chosen them for their wedding next year! See you there Mike and Jess! :)

Brandy · Married on 07/08/2017

Daylight Films is the best! Mike and Jess are very kind, talented, and easy to work with. They create amazing highlight videos of the weddings that they’ve done, including mine. And my entire wedding video came out so beautifully on the Blu-ray Disc. I would definitely recommend them for any wedding in the future.

• Anna

Anna · Married on 06/17/2017

Jess and Mike were super nice and professional! We were referred to them by a friend, and after seeing some of their sample videos and meeting with Jess, we happily decided to hire them for our wedding. My husband was adamant that we have a videographer to capture our wedding, and he couldn’t be happier with how the planning process and wedding day went. The entire day went smoothly, from the ceremony throughout the reception. I was really worried about having too many people in my face during the night, but I hardly noticed they were there! They were able to capture a surprise groomsmen dance and even uploaded a video later that night! Jess & Mike were very responsive and so easy to work with during our wedding planning process, and we’re so happy to have booked with them! We highly recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing videography team!

Kaitlyn · Married on 02/18/2017

We cannot express how happy we are that we chose to work with Mike and Jessica at Daylight Weddings. This was one of the best decisions we made in our planning process. Not only are Mike and Jessica great at what they do, they are extremely easy to work with. We are so appreciative of the time they spent capturing every moment of our wedding and the thought and effort that went in to creating a beautiful highlight video along with our full ceremony and reception video. If you are considering a videographer, just do it, being able to relive the day all over again is priceless. On your wedding day, time flies by, so to have a video where you can see your husband’s reaction to you walking down the aisle, hear you say your vows again, watch your family and friends cry, laugh, dance, and just feel the love that was around you in that day is amazing.
    Kaitlyn & Bill

Cheryl-ann · Married on 10/22/2016

Great company and gorgeous video!!

Karen · Married on 10/08/2016

Daylight Weddings did such an amazing job at capturing our special day, we were so happy with their professionalism and their work. We have watched the video a few times and fall in love each time <3

The BEST wedding videographers ever! Mike & Jess Day are a class act and their work is unbelievable. Your wedding will look like a Hollywood movie.

I hired Daylight for my Sept wedding at Blithewold. Jess and Mike did an AMAZING job on my wedding video! They were great, you didn't even know they were there and they made an awesome video. The price was excellent, although FYI their prices have gone up since, still very affordable though. The only thing I would've liked to see different was more of the reception before the dancing. Two thirds of the wedding video was the guest dancing . that was great but I also would have liked to see my husband and I talking to the other guest etc. I would highly recommend them and I am so glad I hired them for my wedding video!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Daylight Weddings & Films's reply:

Hi Katie, Thank you for the review. We just like to clarify that you had the documentary package which is one videographer. Mike was the only videographer that day. I was not at the wedding. If you have someone who would like that package we still have it. You received a discount because you booked Music Machine. We always recommend 2 cameras, so one can shoot cocktail and the other the formals with the photographer.

Trisha · Married on 09/04/2016

Daylight Films & Video did a phenomenal job of filming and editing our wedding, 1 year ago today! (September 2016) They had great communication from the get-go and clear, fair pricing. I was nervous about feeling awkward in front of the cameras all day, but I was very wrong - they were seemingly invisible to us whilst recording and I forgot that they were even there! The end result was fantastic and exceeded expectations. My husband and I highly recommend them.

Monique · Married on 08/07/2016

At first we wanted to save money and just get a photographer. But I am so glad we went with a videographer and choose Daylight Films. Mike and Jessica were absolutely amazing! The video and editing is top notch. I cry every time I watch the highlight video (which has probably already been 20 times). It brings tears to my eyes and a smile on my face at the same time. It is amazing what they were able to capture and I am so glad we went with them. It is going to be one of my most prized possessions and something we will truly treasure forever! Thank you for an amazing job!