Daylight Mind Events Reviews

Daylight Mind Events 5
Daylight Mind Events 6
Daylight Mind Events 7

Lindsey · Married on 08/24/2018

I can't say enough about how wonderful Daylight Mind is! My family and I were on the big island for a week before the wedding, as a Cat. 5 hurricane approached us. My rehearsal dinner venue (not daylight) closed the night before, along with the rest of the island, but Daylight was determined to make my dream wedding happen! They closed their restaurant and improvised with last minute moving around, so that our wedding could go off without a hitch! Even more impressive, our wedding was small - only 30 people, and they still bent over backwards to make it the best night of my life!! I cannot thank them enough! would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Julia Choi · Married on 08/23/2018

Best decision ever

My husband and I got married in August when Hurricane Lane hit the island. Nobody expected this would happen right on the week that we're getting married, and of course, we were not sure whether we could do our reception as we planned. However, Julia and her team were so prepared and went out of their way to make our night so special. Everybody loved food and drinks, and beautiful space with fantastic ocean view. They also made THE BEST wedding cake ever, which my guests are still talking about. Finally, we have them to prepare wedding favours for our guests, which were a pack of Kona coffee that were roasted on our wedding day and cookies. We were so impressed by the quality of the coffee and cute packaging. Overall, we couldn't be happier about our decision to have our reception at Daylight Mind Coffee Company.

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 8
    Daylight Mind Events 9
    Daylight Mind Events 10
    Daylight Mind Events 11

Abby · Married on 08/18/2018

The staff of Daylight Mind Events made my wedding dreams come true. Not only was the location absolutely beautiful, but the staff was accommodating and genuine. Even my guests commented on how personable the staff was during the wedding. I would 100% recommend this venue to future couples. It’s perfection.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Natasha · Married on 08/14/2018

I cannot say enough about this place! Daylight Mind in Kona has the most beautiful view, delicious food, and an OUTSTANDING wedding planner in Alycia. Alycia helped us with scheduling every tiny detail and was both accommodating and thoughtful. I love the fact that everything was online, organized, and completed in a timely fashion. I didn’t have to rifle through strings of email messages to see where we were at.
    For those of you with celiac / gluten-allergies – this is THE place to go. Everything on the menu for our event, including the cake and pupus, was gluten-free! Daylight Mind even made gluten-free white chocolate macadamia nut ice cream sandwiches for the kids. The food was over-the-top delicious. No one could tell that it was all gluten-free. Alycia pre-ordered in scotch for our picky scotch drinkers. The wait staff and bartenders at Daylight Mind were attentive and friendly.
    Our guests said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. I have to thank all of the staff at Daylight Mind for making August 14, 2018 perfect – especially Alycia!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 12

Ariana · Married on 08/11/2018

If you're reading this because you're looking for the perfect wedding reception venue, stop searching immediately and book Daylight Mind!

You may have read multiple reviews about how awesome Julia is--let me tell you that every word is true. Julia is our new best friend. She was easygoing, patient, responsive, and flexible. She bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect (literally, when one of our Amazon shipments accidentally got thrown away, she dug through the dumpster herself to get it).

We're from California and decided to take a chance on this venue without having visited the Big Island before because it checked all the boxes: significantly cheaper than every other venue we came across in Hawaii (everything is catered in-house since it's a restaurant/coffee shop/bakery); overlooking the water; outdoors; and near a Catholic church. We visited the island 6 months before our wedding to do a tasting, and when we saw the venue for the first time in-person, we knew immediately that we made the right choice--the pictures simply don't do it justice. The food is amazing (our guests raved about the bacon-wrapped scallops, avocado fries, and taro au gratin). For dessert, Julia let us do cake and two types of ice cream sandwiches because we are indecisive children.

The view is incredible as it is, so Julia's team added simple decor to the tables and strung bistro lights and we were set. Our wedding was flanked by two hurricanes so it was pretty rainy during the reception, but our guests still had an amazing time as we were all herded to take cover in the dance floor/buffet area. Julia even handed us appetizer plates, dinner plates, and drinks--again, going above and beyond your typical wedding coordinator.

Overall, Daylight Mind was perfect for our simple, laid-back, intimate, budget-conscious, beachside destination wedding. We couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. Thanks again to Julia and the entire team--can't wait to come back and visit!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 13

shirley · Married on 08/08/2018

If you're looking to get married in Hawaii, particularly the Big Island, look no further than Daylight Mind Coffee Company. This venue and their incredible staff will exceed your every expectation.

Well-situated in central Kona, Daylight Mind is perched in a building that overlooks the water. We got married by a pair of coconut trees on a grassy lawn with nothing but a lava rock retaining wall between us and the ocean on the side of the building. Our reception was held on the top/second floor of the building and views from that level are simply breathtaking. The lanai was able to comfortably host banquet style seating for 28 of us with room to spare. This included space for dancing (under the sails), a DJ booth, plus a photo booth on the far side of the lanai. The interior space was spacious enough for the buffet and we had full run of the gorgeous bar area with its vaulted ceilings and wood beams.

The food was amazing! From the bacon-wrapped scallops and avocado fries to the grass-fed beef short ribs, Daylight Mind offers a menu that will please the most discriminating palette. In fact, they'll work with you to accommodate a number of food allergies and meal requirements.

None of the above would have been at all possible without Julia and her team of stars. Together, they made the entire process seamless. From the planning stages to the execution, Julia was responsive, quick to suggest additional vendors and ideas for things we may have missed, and an unexpected ear and sounding board. The supporting staff was equally wonderful in ensuring a worry-free wedding. Note, we got married in early August and even impending hurricanes do not phase them! Rain or shine (we lucked out with the shine and an incredible sunset), Daylight Mind will deliver!

Location, view, ambiance, food, service, staff – simply the perfect venue for our intimate, laid-back and budget-conscious island wedding. Thanks for all the great memories!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 18
    Daylight Mind Events 19

Julia · Married on 08/01/2018

Dreamy Hawaiian Wedding

If you are looking for an adorable intimate venue, Daylight Mind is the perfect place for your wedding!

My husband and I visit the Big Island every year with my family and wanted something that was intimate and memorable, not something generic that can be done at a big resort. In fact, he proposed to me the Summer of 2017 on the Big Island and before we headed home to California we toured the various wedding locations at a very well-known resort in Waikoloa. The wedding planner on-site showed us about five possible locations on the property that we could use for the ceremony and/or reception site. We fell in love with one of the five and even reserved it for our planned August 2018 wedding. A few days after returning home we were required to put down our deposit with the resort, but yet something didn't quite feel right. Of course it was a beautiful, popular venue and everything would go off without a hitch, but that was also its inherent problem - it was popular and it functioned like a machine because so many weddings occurred there day in and day out. Additionally, at a resort it is easy for your wedding to be watched by resort guests, thus making it more of a spectacle for uninvited guests to watch, than a private intimate experience for your own friends and family. The special 'unique' factor was missing for us. We wanted it to feel like our own memory that we could remember for years to come, not a wedding that is 'cookie-cutter'.

My mother actually discovered Daylight Mind's wedding venue through Wedding Wire and other wedding sites. We had always visited the Daylight Mind restaurant location when we stayed in Waikoloa for breakfast, yet never saw the Kailua-Kona location in-person. Although it bothered me a bit to consider a venue that we hadn't even set foot in, the reviews on WeddingWire and elsewhere about Daylight were unforgettable. If you are skeptical of booking sight unseen, trust the reviews and experiences of others who have been in your same position.

We worked with Alycia, who was phenomenal! She was so sweet, accommodating, quick to respond to emails, and extremely helpful on the big day and throughout the months before. The oceanfront views are spectacular. The bistro lighting was affordable and really added a special wow factor to the patio for the reception. We brought a great deal of our own items - lanterns, flatware, decor, napkins, runners, etc. - for the space at the reception, which Alycia allowed us to store at Daylight a few days before the wedding. My mom and I designed everything ourselves and had a vision in mind for the reception that Alycia and her team delivered perfectly. The food was absolutely delicious and abundant - we had boxes and boxes of leftovers. For appetizers, we went with the 'passed pupus' of the kalua pork sliders, bacon wrapped scallops, caprese skewers, and the avocado fries (yum!). For salad, we went with the caesar salad and paid extra for the tropical fruit platter. Our entrees consisted of the furikake crusted fish with the wasabi cream, braised short ribs, and teriyaki chicken. The sides that we selected were the local style macaroni salad, green beans with mac nuts, and the seasonal vegetable risotto. For our cake we went with a coconut cake with vanilla bean buttercream and liliko'i (passion fruit) curd. In terms of the bar, we did an open bar with a max price point. Also, we selected a hibiscus mule (stunning drink in both flavor and visually with an actual preserved hibiscus flower in the glass!) and a lava flow (had a little fun with the active volcano) as our two signature cocktails.

Overall, we had an intimate wedding that we will never forget and we have the talents of Alycia and the beauty and magic Daylight Mind to thank for that!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Samantha · Married on 07/24/2018

Everything about Daylight Mind made our wedding absolutely perfect. Julia helped move everything along at the right times to keep any stress away from me. She was very helpful in the planning process as well. You can't beat the value you get with this venue, they included our food, cake, alcohol and coordinating for well under any other venue. We felt very well taken care of and their main focus was on us for the day. Wouldn't change anything! Also, the reception location on the lanai was amazing, the pictures are gorgeous and we had the best views all night.

Sent on 08/07/2018
  • Mimi

Mimi · Married on 07/10/2018

Amazing wedding experience

The venue, it’s staff, food and drinks are amazing! There are not enough words to express how great Daylight Mind really is. We reserved our space and date with Julia. As it got closer to the actual date we worked more closely with Alycia. Both of the ladies were patient, lovely, and caring.
    Alycia, Julia, and their team were amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. It was easy to communicate and coordinate with Alycia. They decorated and set everything up beautifully. We did a walk through the week before and she went over everything with us. Everyone loved the food, drinks and cake.
    Alycia was also our coordinator the day of and was on it! She was able to keep me calm and keep it fun all at the same time. She handled my insanely high maintenance family so well and we just cannot thank her enough. We had an amazing wedding and she truly understood what we wanted and had envisioned for our special day.
    We wanted everyone to feel like family and they really delivered. I felt like everyone working our wedding was enjoying it just as much as we were. Everyone was highly impressed with the food and omg the dessert was the best wedding cake I have ever had in my entire life. I hate frosting and our wedding cake frosting was to die for.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

Julia and the staff at Daylight Mind went above and beyond to make our reception worry free. From the get-go, Juila was prompt to respond to e-mails regarding any questions we had. She paid close attention to detail and remembered things my Husband and liked (examples: I am vegan and my hubby loves PBR beer). Since we live on the Big Island, we were able to do a tasting to decide on the food served the night of reception and a wine tasting to determine which wines would be served, as well. The staff was great that evening. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. The location of the venue makes it an easy choice for your venue, but the staff make it an even easier choice. I would highly recommend Daylight Mind for your celebratory venue.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2018

Words cannot even describe how wonderful it wa to hold our wedding ceremony & reception at Daylight Mind. My now husband and I had never been to DLM or the Big Island, but given all the great online reviews and photos in addition to the great price point, we decided it was absolutely the best place for our wedding. Since we live on the mainland, we did all the coordination online. As you may imagine, this caused a few jitters for this bride, but Alycia & the crew at DLM made the process as easy and stress-free as could be. Alycia was always so timely and helpful when responding to all my questions and concerns. She made sure everything was perfect on our big day so that I didn’t have to worry about a thing. She even made a custom sign for the signature cocktails since I was not on top of that game upon arrival (yes she is that amazing of a coordinator & person!). The views of the ocean, shoreline, and sunset could not be matched, and the online photos can’t even do the views justice (even though the online photos are gorgeous). It was a truly magical experience, and I highly recommend to any couple considering a wedding at DLM: just do it. You will be absolutely overjoyed that you did!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Amy · Married on 06/01/2018

Wow! Everything about our experience with Daylight Mind was above and beyond. We were planning a 40-person from Los Angeles without ever seeing the venue, and Alycia took excellent care of us. From deciding on the menu, quickly responding to emails, staying within our budget, recommending vendors, and handling the wedding day, we never had to break a sweat because Alycia had us covered. Everything was so easy and stress-free, it was almost hard to believe! I was super super impressed and am grateful for everyone we worked with for our wedding in Kailua-Kona.

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 20
    Daylight Mind Events 21
    Daylight Mind Events 22

Kimberly · Married on 05/14/2018

WOW! Where to begin!
    My mom & I actually emailed Julia & asked if we could visit the venue, I was in the area & had recently gotten engaged. The venue seemed so dreamy on the pictures, I just had to see it for myself if it was true. & boy was it EVEN BETTER! It’s so quaint & intimate, a coffee shop on the beach. The pictures can only do so much, because once you see it in person, it’ll take your breath away.
    Over the course of a year, Julia & I emailed back & forth. She is one of the most patient, helpful, & understanding people you will meet! & if anyone has ever tried to do anything over email, you know there are challenges; Julia executed email communication flawlessly! This definitely helped me stay at ease since I was planning my destination wedding. Since we didn’t know the area very well, we took a trip to Big Island to do some hotel searches, but Julia still helped us find all sorts of wedding services;m.
    When the time came to choose our menu; Julia sent over the tasting menu, & while we were on our trip to Big Island, we were able to try the AMAZING food. I have a gluten sensitivity, which they absolutely catered to (we ended up doing a GF shoyu salmon)! We also ended up doing macarons for our desert, which were the best macarons I have ever had & am so glad we had them as an option!
    The weekend of the wedding we held our rehearsal where Julia seriously made me feel so at ease & comfortable; I didn’t know a few of the traditions, such as walking orders & she swooped in to save the day. I remember my husband telling me he was glad she was able to help us.
    On the day of the wedding, Julia was there to ensure that everything went smoothly & anchored us during our magical whirlwind of a night.
    There is so much more that I could say, but the biggest thing; Julia & Daylight Mind made our wedding our DREAM wedding, they made us feel comfortable & at ease, & worked with us with so much ALOHA spirit.

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 23
    Daylight Mind Events 24

Janelle · Married on 04/29/2018

I live in California and planned a destination wedding here at Daylight Mind in Kona — I was incredibly impressed with the super fast responsiveness of Julia and her team! She truly has made the wedding planning process for me seamless and enjoyable. She helped me 100% of the way and I don’t think I could have done it without her. From the beginning I told her I had a tight budget and she worked with me to make all my wedding wishes come true, all while staying within my budget threshold. I am truly amazed with my experience with her and the Daylight Mind team.

I highly recommend this beautiful venue.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Kylie · Married on 04/26/2018

For my wedding, I dreamed of a low stress environment with beautiful scenery. I dreamed of soft colors, the sound of the ocean, and breathtaking views of the ocean during dinner. I dreamed of good music, and an intimate environment to marry my best friend, with all of our closest friends and family as our witnesses. Julia and Daylight Mind provided all of those things for me, and more!

I planned our wedding from Oregon, and from the moment I first reached out to Julia I knew that the Daylight Mind was the perfect place for our destination wedding! We did not think that we would be able to make it out to Kona prior to the wedding, so we booked the Daylight Mind after only talking to Julia a few times, and did so with confidence. When I finished nursing school a few months later, my hubby surprised me with a last minute trip over to see the venue and do some planning. I quickly contacted Julia, and with a weeks notice she was able to set up food, drink, and cake tastings with us. She sat with us for hours and got to know our vision, and made me feel so at ease! Each email I sent, Julia either had an answer for me, or knew someone to get into touch with. There were many instances where I wondered if I was asking too much, and Julia assured me that she was more than happy to help! She constantly put me at ease, and I knew I was in the best possible hands.
    Our food menu:
    Strawberry spinach
    Vegetable risotto, Green beans with mac nuts
    Beef Teriyaki, Furikake crusted fresh catch w/wasabi cream sauce
    Coconut cake w/ pastry cream filling and cream cheese frosting, and Coconut cake w/ lilikoi mouse filling (lighter creamy lilikoi flavor), and cream cheese frosting
    Beer/wine + Lilikoi Margarita and hibiscus mule
    Guests truly ranted and raved about the food, drinks, and cake! As I am sitting here writing this review I am salivating and wishing I could have it again!

I 100% recommend Julia and Daylight Mind for the PERFECT wedding!

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 25

Dani · Married on 04/21/2018

Julia and her team at Daylight Mind are AMAZING! She made planning a destination wedding a walk in the park, from vendor suggestions to coordinating the day of. The pictures of the venue are beautiful but once you're there in person your mind will.be.blown! The food was amazing and the cake... To die for! If I could have our wedding there every weekend I would! 10/10 A+++ Would wedding again!

Sent on 05/01/2018
  • Colette

Colette · Married on 04/03/2018

10/10 would get married here again

My wedding could not have been more perfect! From the food to the planning, Julia handled everything like the badass professional she is. Even though it rained, their rainy day plan was STUNNING! My husband actually liked the Rain set up better than the ceremony set up for a sunny day! Every single detail was taken care of, and the day of went seamlessly. And leading up to the day of- I was a total stress case and she always got back to me in a timely manner and always had an answer! Again, everything food and drink wise was amazing (I am a unicorn bride who actually ate and drank at her own wedding)! The bartender was great, and they didn’t even yell at my mom that much when she super illegally jumped behind the counter 🙄 I highly recommend getting married here!

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 26
    Daylight Mind Events 27
    Daylight Mind Events 28
    Daylight Mind Events 29
    Daylight Mind Events 30

Katie · Married on 02/08/2018

From start to finish our experience at Daylight Mind Coffee was amazing!!! I spent months prior to the wedding emailing with Julia back and forth. She was so responsive, friendly and always giving me feedback when I asked. I was pretty nervous at the beginning about planning my wedding but Julia really put my mind at ease. We met with her a few days before the wedding to go over everything and she is just as sweet and helpful in person.
    Daylight Mind really has everything right there. Location, amazing view, tables, chairs, linens, plates, catering, baker, drinks, etc.
    Our wedding far exceeded our expectations! It was so perfect and so much fun! The sunset that night was amazing and we got some great photos. The food at Daylight Mind was some of the best food we have ever had and the cake also from Daylight Mind was to die for! Our family and friends are still talking about the food and cake! The staff took such good care of us all night!
    If you are looking for a wedding venue I can’t tell you how happy we were with this decision! I’m already thinking about when we can go back to re new our vows!! Thank you Daylight Mind, Julia and staff for such an amazing night that we will forever remember.

Sent on 02/25/2018

P · Married on 02/02/2018

In early February we had a welcome dinner for 65 at Daylight Mind the night before our son’s wedding. The upstairs was beautifully set up and we were greeted by an upbeat, efficient and courteous staff. The food was presented on time and, for such a large group, it was a very nicely presented and delicious buffet. This evening “set the table” for a magical wedding weekend.
    All of this was coordinated by Julia who was a delight to work with. She was sensitive to our desires, extremely responsive and organize a very professional event.

Sent on 02/22/2018

Daniele · Married on 01/15/2018

This is a perfect venue if you are looking for a stress free wedding experience. We booked our wedding from a different state and had no issues planning from afar. Julia Pittman, the wedding coordinator at Daylight Mind, made this process so easy and stress free. She was always just a phone call away and was great at keeping in touch throughout the planning process. The best part about this venue is how much is included in the cost. There were no surprise fees at the end. The cost of the venue included set up, access to Julia (a wonderful wedding planner), and decorations which included beautiful table displays with fresh tropical flowers. That's right, no need to book a florist or a wedding planner. This venue is the perfect option for couples like us who want a simple, stress free wedding experience. Daylight Mind and its staff exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Davina · Married on 01/14/2018

My daughter, son in law and entire Ohana had an exceptional wedding experience at Daylight Mind. The ceremony near the sea was breathtaking and reception was truly magical. We were blessed with the opportunity to work closely with Julia and her amazing team who provided us exceptional and Five Star service from day 1. Julia was exceedingly responsive to our email inquiry and requests (even on her days off), she was so easy to work with and accommodating to our every wedding and reception needs, Mahalo Julia!!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Merrell · Married on 01/13/2018

Our experience at Daylight Mind was amazing! Julia, the wedding coordinator, and her team did nothing less than make our special day perfect, from accommodating our booking three weeks out from our wedding date to providing amazing food and service to wowing our guests with super fun bartenders and delicious drinks. They left absolutely nothing to be desired!

We originally booked with a different venue that canceled on us one month before our wedding date. I called Julia with my venue crisis and she quickly contacted me back and happily offered me availability, stating her team would do everything in their power to save our wedding. And save our wedding they did!! Looking back, we should have booked Daylight Mind in the first place as the venue was absolutely gorgeous with stunning views and dark Hawaiian wood interior, it was the perfect place for us.

Julia and her staff worked tirelessly to ensure that every need was met, asking us how we were doing and if everything was to our liking. Our guests loved the cocktail hour complete with cucumber poke shooters, bacon wrapped scallops, and avocado fries, and couldn't stop talking about the buffet dinner afterwards. It was all so delicious!

Daylight Mind is a wonderful, gorgeous, low key, and affordable wedding venue and I would highly, highly recommend it to anyone!! Thank you Julia and Daylight Mind for making our day perfect.

Sent on 02/23/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 31
    Daylight Mind Events 32

laura · Married on 12/17/2017

I had the best experience with my wedding reception at Daylight Mind. The staff was so nice, Julia, my point person was kind and very responsive. She totally had all bases covered.
    We did the buffet and had a long beautifully set table with bistro lights above, the cake was delicious (and I don't normally like cake) the food was great, the atmosphere was relaxed and it could not have been an easier experience. It was also a great price for all we got. All the guests agreed it was a terrific location, excellent food and wonderful staff!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Joselyn · Married on 11/14/2017

From start to finish I was so pleased with our experience at Daylight Mind. I was planning last minute details (literally within less than 2 months before our wedding day) and had special requests about food and Julia and her team were not only willing to take on our special request but were genuinely excited! I was a little nervous to plan a wedding ceremony and reception from a distance and Julia was able to sense my nerves just over the phone and provide reassurance and address all my concerns. Even before final bookings she was able to provide lots of recommendations of vendors to use in the area from photographers, florists, and even wedding coordinators, she was even willing to receive decorations I sent through the mail to set up on the day of the wedding. I looked into MANY locations on the big island but none seemed to compare to Daylight Mind in their willingness to accommodate requests and cost. Our wedding day literally turned out perfect, everything was totally stress free, she worked so well with the florist, the photographers and her team set up everything in a way to complement our small wedding party beyond what I even imagined. She even provided last minute changes on where to have our first dance for the best lighting and views in cooperation with our photographers. The food also turned out delicious and the service they provided was amazing, we were able to have our dream reception dinner of breakfast for dinner which even include an "omelet station", so FUN. Daylight Mind is an absolutely stunning location and the whole team was so helpful from setup to finish. I have zero regrets about choosing them for both our ceremony and reception and would HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 01/16/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 33
    Daylight Mind Events 34

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2017

As a professional event planner, I wanted my dream wedding without being a Bridezilla. I was nervous about my Big Day 2,000+ miles away with vendors I didn't know and couldn’t meet in person. It's difficult to give your trust to strangers but I think it was fate that I found Daylight Mind because they put my mind at ease and gave me a wedding reception that was beautiful, heartfelt, and fun.

During our first call, Julia got a feel for our personalities and must-haves which she used to help us dream even bigger! She responded quickly to questions – despite the 3-hour time difference – and sent photos and links for everything.

We had a tight budget and were still able to add a unique wedding cake; authentic, magazine-quality decor; and dreamy bistro lighting that added to the romantic, yet relaxing vibe we wanted. It was easy to exchange Pinterest photos with Julia and she shared her own ideas, too. We used every single one and we’re glad we did.

The food was delish – our guests are still talking about it a month later! I’d sell one of my kidneys for another tray of the taro, ‘ulu, and sweet potato au gratin. :) The full bar was great, too! We chose Kona coffee favors roasted at Daylight Mind and created inexpensive wedding logos, which Colin used to design a custom label for our favors.

Julia gave us recommendations for photographers and DJs, who she personally vetted for us. PonchoMan strummed his ukulele during dinner, then cranked up the party with lights, a fog machine, and fun music. Jamie from Modern Milestones captured so many gorgeous photos.

At the end of dinner, a tropical storm crashed our reception. The crew was so prepared and professional that we just kept on having fun with our guests and hardly noticed our outdoor reception turn into an indoor party. They had umbrellas on the lanai so our guests could still enjoy the perfect view. It was incredible and I'm still dreaming about it!

Sent on 11/30/2017