57 Reviews for Day One DJ

Uplighting (4)
Do-Not-Play List (3)
Disco Ball (3)
50 Day One DJ Reviews

I highly, HIGHLY recommend Joe as a wedding DJ. He's fun, easy to work with and enthusiastic. He gets everyone moving and is an EPIC emcee. I would be so glad if every bride of mine hired him to DJ their wedding! Great work, Joe!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/31/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe is professional, organized, fun, and overall a wonderful DJ! We had a very large wedding with many people who LOVE to dance. Joe's music choices and transitions between songs was flawless. He literally ran the reception. He got people seated, assisted with speeches, and led people from dinner to dancing in a timely fashion. If you want a DJ that knows the ins and outs of wedding day - Joe is your guy! You will not regret it!

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC
3.6

Our initial contact was with Joe. He seemed really excited and seems like he really enjoys his job. We didn't have Joe for our DJ. We had Eric. Phone contact was great with Eric prior to our wedding. We went over everything. Everything went fine at the wedding however, Eric wouldn't play a lot of our guests requests (from what we were told). People would have to come over to me and say, "I'm going to request a song, will you nod your head when we look at you so he'll play it?"
He told me he would play KS95 type music during the dinner and there were some weird songs in the mix. My husband asked him to change the song when REM's "everybody hurts" was on. Seemed annoyed...
Later my my flower girl was falling asleep and she hadn't heard her favorite song yet. I went up to the booth to see if he would play "shut up and dance," after telling him my flower girl was falling asleep and she really wanted to hear the song. He said "well, I'm kind of playing country right now...." .....?? okay? (I don't think anyone would question playing a country song, then a pop song and then back to country if that was his plan). I probably just looked confused - didn't say anything and just walked away. Thankfully he then played it.
Overall, he just seemed annoyed if we asked him to change anything or request something different than he had in mind.
Sound was great, ceremony was great for sound as well. Just a tad annoyed with the service I guess. Also, all of our vendors reached out to us after the wedding to see how everything went. DJ One did not.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/25/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Day One DJ made our wedding reception! We chose them based on being a preferred vendor by our venue, and upon my initial call to the company I found out Joe (owner) was unavailable on our date. He recommended one of his employees, Guthrie, after telling him a bit about our wedding and us as a couple. I was extremely hesitant at first because we knew how important the 'party' part of our reception was, but I decided to move forward with Guthrie knowing the rave reviews Day One had received online & from my venue. We were NOT disappointed! Not only was Guthrie extremely available to us (offering his cell to text/call leading up to the day of the wedding), but he had an amazing attitude every time we spoke and the entire day-of. We have continued to get compliments on 'our DJ' at our wedding every time we speak to a guest. They were also awesome at communication- keeping me on track throughout the planning process w/a check-in at 6 months, 3 months, and monthly to weekly after that. Super impressed with the service received and the fun provided by Guthrie & Day One DJ.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We attended a friend's wedding who had Day One DJ as their DJ (Joe), and we basically hired him on the spot. Our wedding was amazing and better than we expected even after seeing him at another wedding! He brought another one of his DJs with as well, which allowed him to be even more active. He kept the dance floor full the entire night, and I've never seen so many people on a dance floor at a wedding at once. I wish I could do it all over again. Hopefully some of my friends will hire him after going to our wedding.

Profile Picture Travis, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a last minute situation and need for a DJ. When I called, Joe was quick to figure out a plan and acted like he'd had spent all the time in the world to plan our night. It was an amazing reception and Joe did a fabulous job! He accommodated the kids requests so well. It wouldn't have been the same without him, and the energy flowed so well through all the transitions of the evening!

Profile Picture Derek, 8/10/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe at Day One DJ was very professional and he helped to make our wedding day go smooth. We had several complaints from guests about how wonderful our DJ was. Joe did an amazing job of tying together songs and there was not a dull moment as soon as the music started.

Profile Picture Erik, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Day one DJ is AMAZING! From day one they wanted to know how to make our big day perfect. They made our reception very personalized. Go with Day One DJ if you have a group who likes to party and you are ready to dance!

Our DJ was Joe C. ! From the start, he learned who we were and what type of music we loved and the type of guest we were having at our wedding. Love love loved, JOE C! We highly recommend Joe C. to be your DJ/MC.

P & J McGowan

Profile Picture Paige, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Loved working with Joe! He was super friendly, professional and timely. On our wedding day he went out of his way to make sure we stayed on our timeline and spent time getting on the dance floor pumping people up. Would recommend him many times over!

Profile Picture Anna, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Made our day truly special. By the end of the night Joe felt like family. He managed to get every guest up on their feet and dancing. I have never seen that at a wedding before! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jake, 3/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If there were 10 stars, I’d give Joe that. It was important to me to have a DJ that kept the night rolling and kept the dance floor full. He did just that. His professionalism and speediness to responding to questions goes above and beyond. Also helpful with non-music related questions. Eager to assist. So friendly and so easy to work with. He truly wants to make the night the best possible! I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. I HIGHLY recommend Day One DJ, and only recommend Day One DJ.

Profile Picture McKenzie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Joe was absolutely awesome! He was professional yet down to earth and is really passionate about what he does. He's not only a great DJ but is also an awesome MC and really runs the whole reception. We had nothing to worry about because we knew Joe had it covered. We have only good things to say and will recommend him time and time again.

Photo for Day One DJ Review - Helping the photographers test the lighting!
Profile Picture Suzanne, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Day One DJ is a preferred vendor at our venue and I am SO happy we went with Joe. He was super easy to work with and very quick to respond to every email and call. He kept everyone on the dance floor and I am receiving so many compliments about how fun the wedding was. Joe kept me to my timeline which I was so thankful for as the night went on and we got distracted with our guests. Our guests were dancing until CLOSE (first time a wedding has gone that long at our venue!). Thank you so much, Joe it was such an amazing night!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

If there were six stars to give Joe earned them! Joe did an amazing job making one of the most special days of our life special and memorable. Joe's service is above and beyond either of our expectations, we could not have done it without him. When there are so many vendors to coordinate things can get crazy. Thankfully, we didn't have to 'babysit' Joe, he just gets it! Don't hesitate to use Day One DJ, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Jake, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had our wedding completely outdoors at a private residence. Day One DJ was absolutely amazing and worth every single penny. All the way up until the day he was available and open to working with us and answering any questions we had. Joe was there early to set up and really rolled with whatever we needed. He was open to last minute changes and really helped keep the night moving smoothly. He interacted with my guests and I got SO many compliments about how much fun he was. His experience in the field and knowledge he was able to share with us was key. Joe is absolutely THE BEST in the business.

Profile Picture Sophia, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe was helpful in our planning process, and amazing on our big day. He listened to us and got to know us as a couple to make our day feel unique and fun! We would use him again, and we highly recommend him :)

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe clearly loves his job and it shows. He does a great job interacting with everyone and is a genuinely fun and likable guy to have at a wedding! He played music that kept everyone engaged and having a great time. I have seen many DJs who seemed bored or uninterested in getting involved with guests but Joe brought a fun energy and was an amazing vendor to have at the wedding!

Profile Picture Grace, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We found Joe at a friend's wedding last fall and knew we needed to have him as the DJ for our own wedding. The way he was singing and dancing along just as excited to be there as the wedding guests led to a great atmosphere at their reception. He definitely didn't disappoint for our own wedding. He was responsive and helpful throughout the wedding planning process and his online planning worksheet was perfect, making sure we didn't forget anything and he was kept in the loop as far as our plans for the reception! All my guests LOVED him, and he kept the dance floor packed ALL night. I will highly recommend him as one of our favorite wedding vendors to everybody I talk to!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe was BY FAR our best vendor for our whole wedding. He truly is a wedding expert and is willing to help along every step of the way. Our dance was rockin and he was so interactive with our crowd. Would recommend him over and over!

Profile Picture Abby, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

Joe was an amazing DJ. He is very communicative, flexible, organized, and will bring an amazing sound and presence to your event. Joe knows how to mix his tunes. He easily accommodated a wide variety of different music and there was never a dull moment.

Profile Picture Steven, 4/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Joe was an absolute professional and made our day come to life with his incredible skill set to understand your want, as well as, the mood of the room!

Profile Picture User7647012, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Day One DJ is amazing -- easily the biggest reason why our reception was such a hit. From the initial planning stages, Joe kept in constant contact. I never once had to initiate communication (such a relief for a bride!) and he told us exactly what we should be planning at what time. He gave us plenty of great song suggestions when we needed help for the parent dances, he listened to us completely when we told him our musical preferences for the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, and his flexibility shined through when he allowed us to make last minute changes to our grand march song. He kept the dance floor packed the entire night and we had so many guests comment how great our DJ was. We highly recommend Day One DJ and will definitely use him for all future events. Thanks, Joe!!!

Profile Picture User5578034, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe was awesome! From our initial phone call, through all the planning, to his awesome performance at our wedding he made me feel like he would do all he could to make the night a success and he delivered! He took to mind our preference and was great at getting people out on the dance floor without being cheesy. He also did a great job with honoring requests and really seemed aware of what was happening. I'm not big on the clinking of glasses to make the bride and groom kiss and after the first time it happened he popped over to see if he should shut it down. I really appreciate his hands on approach and all the energy he brings! I will highly recommend him to anyone I know looking for a DJ! He is so much more!

Profile Picture Ranae, 11/4/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Day One DJ had a huge part in making my wedding celebration a memorial success! His uplighting lit up my venue. Joe was just great to work with. He did some amazing work with putting together a very special memorial video for us. He helped my fiancé and I throughout the entire night, making sure our events we had planned were getting done and we stayed on task for timing. He had the dance floor filled all night, song selections were a big hit! I am still hereing from my friends and relatives that they had the best time and it was one of the best receptions that they have been too:) and for you bride and grooms that will be having the single ladies attending.... my girls said he was also very easy on the eyes... lol ;)

Profile Picture Tarra, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joe's passion for being a DJ is very apparent. He is amazing at what he does. The dance floor was packed and it was because of his interaction with the guests. We had so many compliments about his professionalism and personalism.

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/17/16, 1 Review