Day One DJ Reviews

57 | Hudson, WI

57 Reviews for Day One DJ

57 Day One DJ Reviews

Chelsea · Married on 08/31/2018

I highly, HIGHLY recommend Joe as a wedding DJ. He's fun, easy to work with and enthusiastic. He gets everyone moving and is an EPIC emcee. I would be so glad if every bride of mine hired him to DJ their wedding! Great work, Joe!

Maureen · Married on 08/25/2018

Joe is professional, organized, fun, and overall a wonderful DJ! We had a very large wedding with many people who LOVE to dance. Joe's music choices and transitions between songs was flawless. He literally ran the reception. He got people seated, assisted with speeches, and led people from dinner to dancing in a timely fashion. If you want a DJ that knows the ins and outs of wedding day - Joe is your guy! You will not regret it!

Amy · Married on 08/18/2018

Day One DJ made our wedding reception! We chose them based on being a preferred vendor by our venue, and upon my initial call to the company I found out Joe (owner) was unavailable on our date. He recommended one of his employees, Guthrie, after telling him a bit about our wedding and us as a couple. I was extremely hesitant at first because we knew how important the 'party' part of our reception was, but I decided to move forward with Guthrie knowing the rave reviews Day One had received online & from my venue. We were NOT disappointed! Not only was Guthrie extremely available to us (offering his cell to text/call leading up to the day of the wedding), but he had an amazing attitude every time we spoke and the entire day-of. We have continued to get compliments on 'our DJ' at our wedding every time we speak to a guest. They were also awesome at communication- keeping me on track throughout the planning process w/a check-in at 6 months, 3 months, and monthly to weekly after that. Super impressed with the service received and the fun provided by Guthrie & Day One DJ.

Travis · Married on 08/11/2018

We attended a friend's wedding who had Day One DJ as their DJ (Joe), and we basically hired him on the spot. Our wedding was amazing and better than we expected even after seeing him at another wedding! He brought another one of his DJs with as well, which allowed him to be even more active. He kept the dance floor full the entire night, and I've never seen so many people on a dance floor at a wedding at once. I wish I could do it all over again. Hopefully some of my friends will hire him after going to our wedding.

Derek · Married on 08/10/2018

We had a last minute situation and need for a DJ. When I called, Joe was quick to figure out a plan and acted like he'd had spent all the time in the world to plan our night. It was an amazing reception and Joe did a fabulous job! He accommodated the kids requests so well. It wouldn't have been the same without him, and the energy flowed so well through all the transitions of the evening!

Paige · Married on 05/25/2018

Day one DJ is AMAZING! From day one they wanted to know how to make our big day perfect. They made our reception very personalized. Go with Day One DJ if you have a group who likes to party and you are ready to dance!

Our DJ was Joe C. ! From the start, he learned who we were and what type of music we loved and the type of guest we were having at our wedding. Love love loved, JOE C! We highly recommend Joe C. to be your DJ/MC.

P & J McGowan

Anna · Married on 05/25/2018

Loved working with Joe! He was super friendly, professional and timely. On our wedding day he went out of his way to make sure we stayed on our timeline and spent time getting on the dance floor pumping people up. Would recommend him many times over!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Day One DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Anna! It was awesome working with you two. Congratulations again!

Jake · Married on 03/23/2018

Made our day truly special. By the end of the night Joe felt like family. He managed to get every guest up on their feet and dancing. I have never seen that at a wedding before! Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Thanks a ton Jake!!

McKenzie · Married on 09/30/2017

If there were 10 stars, I’d give Joe that. It was important to me to have a DJ that kept the night rolling and kept the dance floor full. He did just that. His professionalism and speediness to responding to questions goes above and beyond. Also helpful with non-music related questions. Eager to assist. So friendly and so easy to work with. He truly wants to make the night the best possible! I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. I HIGHLY recommend Day One DJ, and only recommend Day One DJ.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Thanks x999999999 McKenzie!!

Suzanne · Married on 09/16/2017

Joe was absolutely awesome! He was professional yet down to earth and is really passionate about what he does. He's not only a great DJ but is also an awesome MC and really runs the whole reception. We had nothing to worry about because we knew Joe had it covered. We have only good things to say and will recommend him time and time again.

Day One DJ 1

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2017

Day One DJ is a preferred vendor at our venue and I am SO happy we went with Joe. He was super easy to work with and very quick to respond to every email and call. He kept everyone on the dance floor and I am receiving so many compliments about how fun the wedding was. Joe kept me to my timeline which I was so thankful for as the night went on and we got distracted with our guests. Our guests were dancing until CLOSE (first time a wedding has gone that long at our venue!). Thank you so much, Joe it was such an amazing night!!

Jake · Married on 09/02/2017

If there were six stars to give Joe earned them! Joe did an amazing job making one of the most special days of our life special and memorable. Joe's service is above and beyond either of our expectations, we could not have done it without him. When there are so many vendors to coordinate things can get crazy. Thankfully, we didn't have to 'babysit' Joe, he just gets it! Don't hesitate to use Day One DJ, you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Day One DJ's reply:

Thanks a million Jake! It was amazing being a part of your wedding!
  • Sophia

Sophia · Married on 08/19/2017

We had our wedding completely outdoors at a private residence. Day One DJ was absolutely amazing and worth every single penny. All the way up until the day he was available and open to working with us and answering any questions we had. Joe was there early to set up and really rolled with whatever we needed. He was open to last minute changes and really helped keep the night moving smoothly. He interacted with my guests and I got SO many compliments about how much fun he was. His experience in the field and knowledge he was able to share with us was key. Joe is absolutely THE BEST in the business.

Amanda · Married on 08/05/2017

Joe was helpful in our planning process, and amazing on our big day. He listened to us and got to know us as a couple to make our day feel unique and fun! We would use him again, and we highly recommend him :)

Grace · Married on 06/09/2017

Joe clearly loves his job and it shows. He does a great job interacting with everyone and is a genuinely fun and likable guy to have at a wedding! He played music that kept everyone engaged and having a great time. I have seen many DJs who seemed bored or uninterested in getting involved with guests but Joe brought a fun energy and was an amazing vendor to have at the wedding!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

We found Joe at a friend's wedding last fall and knew we needed to have him as the DJ for our own wedding. The way he was singing and dancing along just as excited to be there as the wedding guests led to a great atmosphere at their reception. He definitely didn't disappoint for our own wedding. He was responsive and helpful throughout the wedding planning process and his online planning worksheet was perfect, making sure we didn't forget anything and he was kept in the loop as far as our plans for the reception! All my guests LOVED him, and he kept the dance floor packed ALL night. I will highly recommend him as one of our favorite wedding vendors to everybody I talk to!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Day One DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda!!

Abby · Married on 04/22/2017

Joe was BY FAR our best vendor for our whole wedding. He truly is a wedding expert and is willing to help along every step of the way. Our dance was rockin and he was so interactive with our crowd. Would recommend him over and over!

Alana · Married on 12/31/2016

DJ Joe was an absolute professional and made our day come to life with his incredible skill set to understand your want, as well as, the mood of the room!

Jessica · Married on 12/03/2016

Day One DJ is amazing -- easily the biggest reason why our reception was such a hit. From the initial planning stages, Joe kept in constant contact. I never once had to initiate communication (such a relief for a bride!) and he told us exactly what we should be planning at what time. He gave us plenty of great song suggestions when we needed help for the parent dances, he listened to us completely when we told him our musical preferences for the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, and his flexibility shined through when he allowed us to make last minute changes to our grand march song. He kept the dance floor packed the entire night and we had so many guests comment how great our DJ was. We highly recommend Day One DJ and will definitely use him for all future events. Thanks, Joe!!!

Tarra · Married on 10/01/2016

Day One DJ had a huge part in making my wedding celebration a memorial success! His uplighting lit up my venue. Joe was just great to work with. He did some amazing work with putting together a very special memorial video for us. He helped my fiancé and I throughout the entire night, making sure our events we had planned were getting done and we stayed on task for timing. He had the dance floor filled all night, song selections were a big hit! I am still hereing from my friends and relatives that they had the best time and it was one of the best receptions that they have been too:) and for you bride and grooms that will be having the single ladies attending.... my girls said he was also very easy on the eyes... lol ;)

Shannon · Married on 09/17/2016

Joe's passion for being a DJ is very apparent. He is amazing at what he does. The dance floor was packed and it was because of his interaction with the guests. We had so many compliments about his professionalism and personalism.

Megan · Married on 09/16/2016

Joe from Day One DJ, was completely unbelievable at our Wedding. We had a more complex reception than most people and Joe hit it out of the park. All of our wishes, he made come to fruition, not to mention he kept the party hopping all night long! We were very fortunate to have Joe be a part of the best day of our lives.

Casey · Married on 09/02/2016

Joe was so great to work with. Not only was he incredibly personable from the very beginning, he helped our wedding run so smoothly. We had guests requesting his information for their own events before the dancing had even begun! He was prompt, he was willing to work with our musician and our caterer, and he of course kept our dance floor going all night. Anything we needed, Joe was there to help. He was quick responding to our emails and phone calls, he was polite with guests.... My husband and I cannot recommend him enough. Thank you for making our day an absolute dream, Joe!!

Adara · Married on 08/27/2016

Trying to find the perfect DJ can be hard, they set the whole mood for your wedding and really create the vibe! We had searched around for a couple of weeks before finding Day One DJ. From the moment that we spoke, we knew we wanted him to play at our wedding! He was very personable, willing to meet in person as well as talk over the phone and made sure our day was perfect. We are still receiving compliments about how great and fun he was from our guests (they have each told us multiple times :)) we would highly recommend him!! Thanks so much, Joe!

Peter · Married on 08/06/2016

I'll start off by saying this: I never wanted to have a DJ at my wedding. But my then fiancée insisted we meet with Joe just to see. I knew within about a minute of talking to him that we were going to hire him.

Everything went perfectly. His setup was great, the music was always cued up on time for the ceremony, the processional, and even the music he mixed for the flash mob that my mother in law planned was spot on.

He kept the event moving all night, making announcements at different times during the night, coordinating speeches and ensuring people knew where to be. He kept the dancing going all night, played the music my wife and I said we wanted, and took a couple requests when I asked throughout the night.

Overall I can not recommend him highly enough. If you have a DJ for any event, it should be him.