Day 7 Photography Reviews

Day 7 Photography 5
Day 7 Photography 6
Day 7 Photography 7

Anna Lynn · Married on 06/01/2013

We had the pleasure to work with Sean for our engagement photos and wedding day photography. We knew he would be the one to shoot our special day because when we first sat down with him, we could detect his friendly and professional demeanor and his passion for what he does. He and his team produce very beautiful pictures that tell a story, obtaining those moments in very natural and easy-going ways. He was very calm and focused during the shoots and was wonderfully flexible as the wedding day went on. He is very easy to reach, and he always kept us updated on what to expect next. His prices are very good and competitive, especially considering the great quality of his work and all the services he provides. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Sylvia · Married on 05/11/2013

Sean captured some really amazing, candid shots on our wedding day. I could not be happier with how they turned out. He was prompt, thorough, and always responsive. He was subtle, not in everyone's face taking pictures like I've seen at some weddings. To be honest, I hardly noticed him. The best part is Sean adds an artistic touch to his photos that I think fit perfectly our wedding style. HIGHLY recommend Day 7.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Krystle · Married on 04/19/2013

Sean was an awesome choice for a photographer! We have only had our engagement session at this point, but he did a great job makes us feel comfortable and relaxed. Considering we both have having pictures taken of us, this was quite a feat. The pictures can out looking amazing!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Christine · Married on 03/09/2013

Do yourself a favor -- stop looking and hire Sean now! He did such a wonderful job on our wedding photos. The candid shots were everything I hoped for and more, and the portraits were also so lovely. He is such a hard worker. He showed up early the day of our wedding and went out of his way to find the best locales for all of our pictures. He was super flexible when we needed to change up the order and times of who was photographed when, and he has such a calm, reassuring way about him that kept us at ease and feeling beautiful. Thank you Sean!

Sent on 03/24/2013

mackenzie · Married on 02/17/2013

Sean is extremely professional and great to work with! Rather than taking pictures of posed groups, Sean and his assistant were able to really capture the feeling and special moments at our wedding. I was really impressed with his demeanor the day of the wedding and also throughout our correspondence leading up to the day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer! I am very happy with his work.

Sent on 02/27/2013

Brooke · Married on 02/08/2013

When you hire a photographer, you're not buying pictures and albums, you're buying skills. When you hire 7 Day Photography you’re buying solid skills and delight.

Sean and his team possess all of the necessary traits for successful photography:

Prompt communication. Check

Impressive portfolio. Check

Professional equipment. Check

Courteous and professional attitude. Check

Unassuming directions for your limbs and facial features. Check

Aside from Sean’s stellar checklist, he will provide you with such a positive attitude. It is evident that he truly LOVES being a photographer. He’ll do anything he can to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. In fact, he goes completely out of his way! Sean is motivated by beautiful pictures.

Personality and rapport are extremely important, if you don't feel comfortable with your photographer, it'll show when you get your images back. I think the most important question when considering a wedding photographer is, "Would I invite this person to my wedding?" Your photographer will be involved in all of your most personal moments. You would consider yourself fortunate to have Sean as a guest at your wedding. I know I would.

Sent on 02/15/2013

Brooke · Married on 02/08/2013

When you hire a photographer, you're not buying pictures and albums, you're buying skills. When you hire 7 Day Photography you're buying solid skills and delight.

Prompt communication. Check

Impressive portfolio. Check

Professional equipment. Check

Courteous and professional attitude. Check

Unassuming directions for your limbs and facial features. Check

Aside from Sean's stellar checklist, he will provide you with such a positive attitude. It is evident that he truly LOVES being a photographer. He'll do anything he can to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. In fact, he goes completely out of his way! Sean is motivated by beautiful pictures.

Sent on 02/21/2013

Carlie · Married on 02/06/2013

It was great working with Day 7 Photography and I have no complaints. Sean responds very quickly to e-mails and phone calls and has always been really friendly. What stood out to me was that Sean is very passionate about photography and was more concerned about taking that perfect photo instead of rushing to end the session. Furthermore, Sean sent a preview picture the same night as the session and sent us all of the photos within the same week. The photos are very detail oriented and contain beautiful surroundings that I did not notice while at the location. I would highly recommend Day 7 Photography to anyone that wants quick results, friendly service, and beautiful photos.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Kruti · Married on 01/19/2013

My 3 best friends and I actually got senior photos done with Sean, but I wanted to share my review anyways because I want to convince everyone to book their session with Day 7.

Sean is extremely professional and can capture the ambience of a moment in a single frame. As a collection, the photos tell a story of our friendship and have sparked conversation with so many people over the past few weeks. Family and friends always comment on how genuine our expressions look (because Sean made us so comfortable) and how interesting the locations/shots are (because Sean scouted the area before hand to find neat places).

I honestly could not have been more pleased with my senior photos. My friends and I are going to different states for college next year, but I will always look back on these photos and have Sean to thank for capturing this chapter of my life.

Sent on 02/23/2013

Steven · Married on 10/08/2012

We knew some friends who had a great experience using Day 7 for their wedding photos. We found out that Day 7 also offered family portrait sessions so we hired them for that. Sean was very professional throughout the process and he provided a great experience during the shoot. Our three young children had fun the whole time and when we got the pictures back, we were amazed how Sean captured what the morning was really like - a family having fun at the park together on a gorgeous Austin morning. We've gotten a lot of nice comments from friends who enjoyed viewing the pictures and we'd definitely use Day 7 Photography again. We highly recommend Sean and Day 7 Photography if you are looking for some great photographs for a great value.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Celia · Married on 07/07/2012

We first came across the Day 7 Photography website by chance and I immediately fell in love with the style of photography. After days of extensive research, we decided to take a chance on this relatively new company. Hiring Sean was by far the best decision we made regarding vendors! Don't let his age fool you - even though he's young, he is extremely professional and responsible and his pictures rival those of photographers who have been around for decades.

Let me start by saying that our wedding was a 14 hour marathon. Sean and his assistant photographer, Vicky, showed up on time at 10am and immediately started shooting our getting ready pictures. Then they came to the church with us for the Catholic wedding. Indoor lighting was not a problem for this camera magician! After church, they came back to the hotel with us and shot another set of getting ready pictures, followed by a two hour long Hindu wedding (indoor lighting again). Sean did not interrupt us a single time to ask us to change positions, but I did see him a few times rolling on the floor and standing in weird positions to get the best shot possible - he found the best angle for every single picture. Then, after the ceremonies we took a few pictures by the lake with our bridal party. Everyone was tired, hungry, hot, and cranky as I'm sure he was too, but he didn't let on. He snapped pictures left and right and got some amazing shots. After that, we came back to the reception, and there he was for the next 6 hours, capturing all the fun. During the reception, Vicky manned the photo booth and our guests had a blast taking pictures! The very next day, we got a preview (3 pictures) and by the time we came back from our honeymoon, we were greeted by a collection of over 20 amazing photos as well as the photo booth pictures, which is much faster than the industry standard - our family and friends have given us so many compliments on the photos as well as on Sean and Vicky's attentiveness.
    I highly recommend Day 7 Photography. You will be amazed at what Sean and his team can do! Sean will definitely make sure that you have the most beautiful printed memories of your wedding day.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Anna and David · Married on 07/06/2012

We have only completed our engagement photos so far (on July 6th), but after two days, I had already swarmed my Facebook news feed with the finished products. My fiance and I are admittedly not the most photogenic people, but Sean and his intern Victoria were able to create a relaxing environment and various photo opportunities, allowing us to break out of our shells and come out with great quality pictures.

Even from the beginning, Day 7 Photography was able to meet with us and get to know us, communicate with us with quick correspondence and helpful resources, and create a custom photo package perfect for us and our wedding needs.

I look forward to working with Day 7 Photography again when our wedding comes around, confident that their friendly natures and great eyes for photo opportunities will give us high-quality, well-edited wedding memories to last us a lifetime!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Jenny · Married on 06/25/2012

Sean is an incredibly talented photographer. His pictures are amazing! He captures so much in just a picture. He uses lighting very well in his photographs, and he's also very artistic in the way he portrays the environment around his clients. Sean is also very timely and professional. We got our pictures two days after our engagement session! I would highly recommend Sean as your photographer!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Ty · Married on 06/25/2012

Sean is a rockstar in the photography world and an even better business professional. We loved working with Sean because of his character and professionalism. He listens and communicates well, is detail-oriented and delivers exceptional results.

Moreover, Sean's contributions go far and above just a digital photo. He is calm, conscientious, and always positive. It’s an empowering feeling knowing that you’re working with a photographer that makes you feel confident and natural during the shoot.

One thing I appreciated about Sean was that his artistry wasn't forced upon my fiancee and I. We didn't have to overexert ourselves in awkward body positions or excessive prop use for him to get the right shot. We noticed that he DID overly exert HIMSELF and go above and beyond to get the picture that he needed. He was rolling on the floor, laying in the mud, and running around like a ninja just so that the onus wasn't on us to get the perfect picture. It made our engagement session VERY natural. We enjoyed it so much that afterwards, my fiance and I considered it a date and not even a photo shoot!

Definitely a great experience with Sean, and I would highly recommend him as a photographer.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Becca · Married on 05/26/2012

We loved working with Sean. We did our engagement photos with him and are very pleased with the work he did. He was very good at communication, even with a venue change at the last minute due to weather. I suggested a location that he was unfamiliar with, but he did a great job of surveying the site and working with it. I very much appreciated his flexibility there. The day after the session he emailed us a preview with five pictures, which was such a great surprise! We weren't expected to see them so soon and it was very thoughtful of him to send them so quickly.
    My fiance and I were a bit hesitant about doing engagement photos, mostly because neither of us usually feel at ease in front of the camera. Sean did an amazing job of making us feel relaxed and offering helpful suggestions. He is very professional and it is obvious that photography is a passion for him. He devotes tremendous energy into it and we could tell that he loves what he does. I would absolutely recommend him for your engagement and wedding photos!

Sent on 02/23/2012

Diana · Married on 05/14/2012

Sean from Day 7 Photography is awesome! He is very professional, courteous and super flexible. I wasn't really used to having photographs taken of me but Sean made me feel calm and relaxed. My photographs were given to me promptly and I recommended him to one of my best friends! His rates are great and the pictures came out wonderfully! The next time I need photographs taken, I will definitely be contacting Day 7 photography again.

-Diana G.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Joe · Married on 05/05/2012

Sean is a good friend of mine, it was a great blessing to have him be a part of our wedding as our photographer. Nothing speaks to me more than personal touch and Sean gives that to you. He connects and really cares about people, it's not just a job to him, but a passion. That in and of itself is priceless. He is a positive part of such a big day where so many things can go wrong.

When we saw our pictures we got to see just how good Sean was at capturing moments. His eye for what and when to snap is better than many I've seen. We love the pictures, so thankful we have them.

Sean hasn't been doing this for a long time, but man, you would think he was a veteren that's been doing it for 10+years. The quality of product, personal connection and taste he left in everyone's mouth at the wedding was just amazing. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Christine · Married on 04/22/2012

Day 7 Photography shot my engagement photos [will review again after wedding day photos] and was absolutely fantastic. Very relaxed style that made my fiancee and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera even though it was our first time being photographed together. Very quick to respond to emails and very flexible in general. Enjoyed conversations with them as they are great people to be around. Photos came out better than I could've ever imagined (quality) and so many great shots that I love (quantity). Thanks, Day 7! Can't wait to have you for our wedding day.

UPDATE: My husband and I LOVED having Day 7 Photography as wedding day photographers too.

Why I enjoyed working with Sean: It is very obvious that Sean enjoys what he does. He is very intentional with each photo - the photos tell a story across the board and are artful in and of themselves. Sean is responsive in communication and punctual/early to all meetings/shoots. These are quality photos from a quality photographer.

An example of Sean's dedication and even foresight while he is at work: During our wedding reception when Sean saw that my husband and I had a couple minutes free, he asked if we could step outside as dusk was breaking. He had a vision for a photo he wanted to get of us in our reception attire on the bridge. Now that we have our wedding album, that photo is one of my favorite post-ceremony photos of us and I am SO glad he took the time to get that shot.

Now that the wedding day is over, it is invaluable to me that I still have these precious wedding photos and a beautifully-made wedding album to remember the celebration that began our marriage.

My quick advice: Book him NOW because Sean's packages are very affordable for how exceptional of a photographer he is. Also, let him know if there's any specific shots you must have because there's a lot to photograph during the wedding day! I think that will help him out a lot.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Darlene · Married on 04/21/2012

Sean is AMAZING! The few weeks prior to our shoot date I had checked the weather and it said that it would be raining on the day of our shoot. I emailed Sean about it and without any hesitation he was willing to change the date to the following weekend. Day 7 was so accommodating and so easy to work with. On several occasions, I emailed him wanting to make sure that the location sites I picked out were okay and if the props I bought could be used in some of the shots. There were tons of emails back and forth and I never once felt like Sean was annoyed or impatient with me. He always had a quick and friendly response...which I appreciated so much given the stress of a looming wedding ahead. Yesterday, we had our session with Day 7 and we had the best day with him shooting our engagement photos. He was so creative and so easy to work with. I haven't seen the finished product yet, but I saw some preview shots he sent us this morning and a few pictures on his camera from yesterday and they were all breathtaking. We had already booked our wedding photographer prior, but we're so sad he won't be shooting our wedding. Hire him if you're in need of engagement or wedding photos!! I felt like the luckiest girl in the world having had Sean take our engagement photos. He was everything I needed in a photographer - professional, punctual, talented, original, friendly, smart, fun, and game for anything! He was a pro at putting my fiance and me at ease during awkward or tense moments, which I really appreciated. My fiance and I are excited to see the rest of our photos and are anxiously waiting! Picking Day 7 Photography is 100% a no-brainer. I wish I could give Sean 10 stars. I can't imagine having had a more satisfying experience with anyone else!!

Sent on 04/23/2012

Jonathan · Married on 04/14/2012

This was only a couple photo shoot, but I had to rate Day 7 because of how pleased we were with the work they did.
    This photo shoot was a surprise to my girlfriend for her Birthday so timing was very important. I contacted Day 7, 2 weeks before our shoot and even though he didn't have the weekend of her Birthday available, he wrote me down for the 14th.
    He was very prompt and professional with our correspondence, via e-mail and facebook.

Our actual photo shoot was a grey day, with a chance of rain, but he said he was willing to shoot in some rain if we were game since the photos come out really nicely. We agreed to come out and the shoot was stress free and easy! We had never gone to a photo shoot before and our advice is just to have a natural conversation with your partner, and he'll catch all the shots you want and more. He was never very demanding, only occasionally asking us to look certain directions or hold each other in a certain way.

As far as location goes, he was willing to go to anywhere locally I had in mind but I had no idea so he chose the location, and although I was a bit skeptical, they turned out really well and were done the evening of. Our photo shoot was only and hour long, but we were still pleasantly surprised in the turn around time. Overall a great, easygoing experience and well worth the price!

Sent on 04/14/2012

Robert · Married on 04/07/2012

Sean is an AWESOME photographer! His ability to capture the "right moment" with his camera allows us to enjoy the moment for a lifetime!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Lyndsey · Married on 03/31/2012

Day 7 Photography shot my engagement pictures. I could not be more happy with how they turned out. I had some very specific requests - must integrate Scrabble tiles into the photos, must have a picture in front of Jo's Coffee, must have a picture of us walking and holding hands - but Sean dealt with all of them beautifully. He gave wonderful direction, capturing natural, beautiful photos. After I posted the photos on my Facebook, I had notifications popping up all day long from people gushing over the photos. Not to mention that they pleased my photographer fiance (who really wanted to try to take our photos himself. Ha!) I highly recommend Day 7 Photography to take care of all your photographic needs.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Katie · Married on 03/10/2012

Sean and his team from Day 7 Photography were awesome! He answered all my questions, listened to suggestions, and accommodated our super-hectic schedules (teaching, grad school, coaching!). We loved both our engagement and wedding photos. On top of all that, Sean also put together a wedding book of our favorite wedding images that all our friends and family can "ooh" and "ahh" over! For friendly, professional service offered at a real value, choosing Day 7 Photography to take care of our pictures was one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 06/09/2012

Cyn · Married on 02/21/2012

Wedding planning is stressful, and picking just the right person to do you pictures is even more stressful. You have so many questions and want so many answers and how can you tell from just looking at peoples websites if they will mesh well with you.... this is what we ran into at least. I emailed quite a few photographers, and liked alot of peoples work. I will say that Day 7 was by far the easiest to keep asking questions and put my mind at ease. I wanted to make sure that I picked someone that not only fit my vision but that my family would feel good with as well. I emailed with Sean continuously and not in the most effective way as well one email had tons of questions, another just one... He never seemed to get impatient and always had a great friendly attitude. Was willing to meet up for coffee or chat over the phone, whatever worked with my schedule - and we DO have a crazy one! We shot some pictures with him as a family (my fiance, our daughter and myself) after already deciding he was going to do our wedding photography, and let me tell you I have NEVER been as impressed with the way pictures turned out, or the comfort level we were put as as I was after this last session. And my mind, as a crazy bride in planning mode, is completely set at ease. We have TONS of great pictures to choose from, my shy fiance was totally at ease taking the pictures and we have amazing options and everyone that has seen them has been so impressed. I can honestly say that you cant beat the satisfaction in feeling comfortable and at ease with the person who will be shooting one of the biggest days of your life, and I am more than ecstatic to know that Sean will be shooting our big day. My 6 year old daughter loved him, and just responded to him immediately, he made me feel comfortable and not at all insecure or nervous in front of the camera, and my fiance just opened right up. He also captures moments that you wouldnt even think of, and gets great candid shots as well as posed shots, which is great when youre thinking about your big day. I would absolutely recommend Day 7 photography to anyone looking for wedding photography or portraits, as I can say first hand I am blown out of the water with the work we have already had done and the many encounters we have had with Sean.

Sent on 02/22/2012

TJ · Married on 02/12/2012

"We loved our time with Day 7 Photography! Sean gave us enough direction to help guide us, but also let us freely suggest our own ideas and allowed us to just be ourselves. His demeanor is so relaxing and encouraging, and the final product was really wonderful. We would work with them again in a heartbeat!"

Sent on 02/23/2012