32 Reviews for Dawson Entertainment, LLC

Sound/PA System (4)
Liability Insurance (2)
Flat Screen (1)
32 Dawson Entertainment, LLC Reviews

Jason Dawson was everything we couldn't hoped for in a DJ. He was very detailed and accommodating throughout the planning process. I can't think of one thing I received more compliments on then the DJ and his music!
Jason was able to capture every moment of my perfect day with the perfect song. All ages were on the dance floor all night having an absolute blast. There is no other choice when it comes to a DJ for your wedding...Jason Dawson, thank you for making the best day of my life one I will never forget!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The mastermind behind Dawson Entertainment - Jason Dawson, DJ JD - is a real professional. He's punctual, prepared, dependable, and above all else, does one hell of a job when he's on the mic or behind the turntables with his headphones on. Prior to our wedding, we heard him play in many different formats and venues. So we're very familiar with his chops as a DJ. Compared to many other's we've heard, he's one of the best when it comes to reading a crowd, mixing, and playing music that keep people on the dance floor. So happy we were able to book him for our event, and very pleased with the experience we had with him as a vendor. Even though he asked for some input from us before the wedding (in the form of a great and comprehensive questionnaire and a couple concise FaceTime conversations) we told Jason we trusted his instincts and wanted to let him do his job (because he's a pro!), and he did not disappoint. Dawson Entertainment is a great vendor to work with, and was a key reason that our wedding reception turned into the best party we've ever been to.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason was absolutely amazing to work with and made our night absolutely special. Our uncle is a singer and we asked him to sing our first dance and parent dances. Jason was 100% accommodating and was even thrilled to let him do a few more songs!

It truly made our night so special and we are beyond grateful to have had him make our night perfect.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANY EVENT!!!!!

Profile Picture Annie, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance

We couldn’t be happier that we booked JD for our wedding! Jason is the absolute best, he took the time to meet with us before the wedding to get to know us better, was always super responsive, and just a great guy all around. Jason did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and lighting as well...everything was flawless! Our reception was wild, the dance floor was packed all night long, everyone was up dancing! Jason knows how to read the crowd and kept the dance floor packed throughout the night. Our friends and family are still talking about the wedding and how awesome the music was. Book Dawson Entertainment, you will not regret it, we can’t recommend him enough!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

There's no need to look any further. Jason (DJ JD) is absolutely the best! He went above and beyond our expectations. He met with us on two separate occasions in person to plan our wedding. He truly wanted to get to know us and what our vision for our wedding was. We were immediately put at ease when we met him and had every confidence that he would make our wedding fantastic. That's exactly what it was! Jason's music selections were perfect. They provided the feel that we were going for and kept our dance floor alive all night, which was no easy feat with guests ranging from ages 5-90. He MC'd the event in a fun but professional manner that provided good energy. Jason also managed the sound for our ceremony and the bistro lighting and uplighting for the reception (both at Saltwater Farm). Our guests raved about "how cool" the bistro lighting was. I unequivocally recommend Jason for any event you have. He is a true professional!

Profile Picture Nancy, 7/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Heaven sent. Haha. Seriously, Jason was a HUGE factor into why our wedding reception went so well. Music and food were my two biggest worries going into my wedding, but once I hired Jason I was way more at ease. He is extremely professional and talented.. the dance floor was full all night (I didn't leave it once) and my guests raved about the music when I spoke to them after our honeymoon. Other than giving him some songs for cocktail hour and dinner, I just trusted his taste for the rest, and I'm glad I did! His remixes are the perfect tie of old school and new school vibes, perfect for both generations of guests:). Not to mention he's just a really nice guy. We all took a picture together when the reception was over and he gave us a frame with the printed lyrics of our first song. So sweet!

Completely beyond my expectations. Do yourself a huge favor and hire Dawson Entertainment.

Profile Picture Juliana, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We have been to many weddings, both in CT and in Canada. We can confidently say that there is not a single DJ who even remotely approaches the skill and dedication of DJ JD (Jason Dawson). From the moment our wedding ended, through our honeymoon, and now several weeks removed from the big day - we have been talking about how amazing DJ JD was. Quite simply, he provided the soundtrack for the best party of our lives.

During the planning stages, Jason was very attentive to the vibe we were striving for. He provides a thorough survey where you can select what songs to play / avoid. After our initial meeting he was quick to respond to any inquiries we had. He was always willing to hear our ideas, but we also felt comfortable deferring to his expertise and advice.

From the grand entrances and beyond, Jason had everyone on the dance floor. Other reviews have mentioned this - it is not an exaggeration. Literally every single one of our guests was up and dancing, and it stayed that way for the entire night. As it was our special day, we may be a little biased in this description. However we have had several people, both our close friends and older guests, comment that it was remarkable how few people were left sitting at their chairs.

In addition, Jason doesn't simply move from one song to the next - he links them together in inventive ways. He also provides coloured strobe lights and hooked us up with both lasers and a cryo (white smoke) cannon. At several points my wife and I were simply laughing hysterically, overcome with joy at just how awesome all of this was.

Honestly, the worst part was when the night ended. We have slowly come to the realization that never again will we have our family and friends under one roof, enjoying ourselves in a way that Jason was hugely responsible for.

Profile Picture Mike, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do I even begin? DJ JD, is by-far the absolute best, and top DJ anyone can have for their wedding or event. We had him for our wedding this past July on 7/1/17. My now husband, and I, used to go to Shrine at Foxwoods years ago when we were younger and that's when we first heard him DJ. I realized years later, that he actually DJ'd for weddings, and was beyond excited. He is not only extremely professional, but he knows what he is doing, and is extremely organized, yet knows how to party and listens to what you want. We wanted our wedding to be exactly like a party at Shrine, only a little classier, with some oldies thrown in for our older family members. He did exactly that. The amount of people that came to our wedding and complimented the music was insane. They all couldn't stop talking about how they had so much fun dancing all night, and how they had never been to a wedding where everyone was up dancing. Not only did he provide our music and entertainment, but he also created a custom monogram light for our venue, and he provided the uplighting. We also had him put bistro lighting above our dance floor, and it perfected our tent. He is a little on the pricier side, however, it is worth every single penny. DJ JD made the party, and without him, I can't even imagine what it would have been like. At the end of the evening, there was a gift left, and it said "From DJ JD", his gift was the only gift we opened on our wedding gift, and it was one of the most thoughtful gifts we received. I won't tell you what it is, you'll just have to hire him to find out. If you want the absolute best wedding around, hire DJ JD with Dawson Entertainment. My wedding was perfect, because of him.

Here's my highlight wedding video link, you can see him, the monogram, the bistro lighting, uplighting and then how people are dancing all night long! First at 5:41 then at 7:19 -- Promise you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Katie, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Flat Screen, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We know DJ JD from the club world. I worked with him and we hired him on several nights so I knew the skill, talent, and passion he puts into his craft. He assisted us with the reception timeline and everything went very smoothly! The night went flawless and everything he was required to do went off without a hitch! We have received countless compliments on how the dance floor was busy all night long. We would recommend Dawson Entertainment to anyone.

Profile Picture Jenn, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason is the best in the business! My husband and I did not make his job easy, with our very different tastes and personalities, but Jason worked with us to make our night perfect. Jason is not just a DJ, he runs your event! We knew once we got to the reception we could take a deep breath because the rest of our night would be announced and we wouldn't have to worry about a thing. All of our friends and family members loved the music he played, catering to all age groups and genres.

Profile Picture Cara, 8/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired DJ JD (Jason) for both our ceremony and reception at the Branford House this past August. I want to preface my review by stating that we decided early on that the DJ was one of, if not the most important vendor. Once we met Jason, we knew we found our DJ! It was apparent right away that he isn’t the typical wedding DJ - music is his passion, and he has such a wide breadth of experience that set him head and shoulders above the rest. Jason was great to work with – laid back, yet highly professional. He was incredibly helpful whether via his quick responses to emails, or through our in person meetings where he offered invaluable suggestions based on his experience with what works well.

On the day of our wedding, Jason provided the music and microphone equipment for our ceremony, and was even flexible to our last minute change in plans to move our ceremony inside due to the weather. We also did a surprise first dance which consisted of a slow/fast dance mix and Jason cut the music flawlessly ahead of time. He had our guests – young & old on the dance floor the whole night, even on a 90 degree humid day. We had several friends who are around our age and attend a lot of weddings mention how DJ JD was the best DJ they had ever heard at a wedding, and we would agree! As a part of the planning process, Jason asked for 8-10 songs that we’d like and from our short list of songs, he truly exceeded our expectations, and completely delivered on the vibe we were going for during each portion of our wedding. This is a true testament to how talented Jason is as a DJ, and his extensive knowledge of music!

Most importantly, Jason is just a wonderful and kind person who really makes you feel like you are in good hands, but also working with a friend. Throughout the entire process, we really enjoyed getting to know Jason and were so happy that he was a part of our wedding day. We are so looking forward to heading to Shrine to relive our wedding night all over again!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Choosing Dawson Entertainment was the BEST decision I made about my wedding. The dancefloor was packed the whole night! All of my friends and family came up to me all night saying that Dj JD was the best wedding DJ they had ever heard and that that was the most fun they ever had at a wedding. The wedding coordinator at my venue said that she had never had so much fun working a wedding and that she was officially putting Dawson Entertainment on her preferred vendors list. Dj JD is a real, professional DJ, not just someone pushing play on an iPod. His song mash-ups, transitions, and turnover time create a fun club vibe, so there's no breaks between songs. Additionally, he was extremely professional and punctual when it came to meeting or answering e-mails. I really enjoyed working with him and would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Having seen DJ JD perform at 2 family weddings prior, we knew that we had to have him at ours too. He knows exactly how to keep a crowd on the dance floor, and he did exactly that at our wedding. The floor was full the entire night. Jason knows how to read a crowd and play just what they want to hear. He keeps the party going with his last hour mash-ups. I can't thank him enough for making my wedding so memorable! I have already and will continue to HIGHLY recommend DJ JD to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason truly helped make our wedding an unforgettable party!

Jason was recommended to us by a friend. Jason played at her wedding as well as her sister's wedding, so that alone spoke volumes to me. Jason was extremely professional and helpful, always available to answer questions while we were in the planning stages. Jason even helped us figure out the best way to make our reception "flow" to truly create a high-energy, amazing reception. He kept the dance floor PACKED all night, and we've received so many compliments from family and friends about how amazing the music was. Thank you, Jason!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Uplighting

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Jason - both personally and professionally it was an absolute pleasure working with him! He truly exceeded our expectations - almost 2 months later and our friends and family still rave about how they had the time of their lives and how impressed they were with the music and lighting Jason provided - We wanted our reception to be an all out dance party and because of Jason - it was that and more! When we started the search for for a local DJ or Band, it was pretty overwhelming because there are hundreds listed online and majority of them have outstanding reviews [which we knew probably wasn't going to be the case...] After a few failed attempts and painful meet ups, we quickly knew what we DID NOT want to hire another "DJ in a Box" or some guy with a fancy microphone playing Pandora's radio pop hits playlist.... And then we found Jason Dawson! From the very beginning, Jason impressed us - he is not only extremely talented but his whole demeanor is refreshing - he's confident and very professional, passionate and takes pride in his work - He took the time to meet with us on multiple occasions to get to know us, offered great suggestions and advice, he's patient and a great listener and through it all he made sure every little detail/order of events were perfect from start to finish.As for our wedding night, we had such an amazing time, it was better than anything we imagined - From the moment the first guest arrived he set the tone perfectly through his wonderful music selection which followed into the night transitioning from the ceremony to cocktail hour, our grand entrances, dinner and to cocktail hour all the way to the last song as our friends and family couldn't get enough and cheered for more and I don't think I have ever seen that at a wedding before!! Hiring Jason was hands down one of the best decisions we made and we're quite familiar with the industry so please trust us when we say, no one compares!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 9/4/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Jason was such an integral part of making my wedding day a day that my husband and I will not only remember forever, but one our guests will as well. Jason worked with us months before our wedding day to make sure every detail was exactly the way we wanted it, and offered endless guidance and support in response to our questions. Our family and friends are STILL talking about the music from our ceremony and cocktail hour (more than two months later!) and can't tell us enough how perfectly-suited for our personalities and our venue it was! In addition, one of our number one priorities in planning our wedding was to make sure our guests were dancing as much as possible, and I can't be happier with the way Jason chose songs to play throughout the night that kept the dance floor absolutely packed, and with guests of all ages. He also helped with the bistro lighting and uplighting to enhance our already-beautiful venue space and make our reception look absolutely perfect. Jason was such an integral part of making our wedding day better than anything we could have imagined, and for that we are truly grateful.

Profile Picture Kerry, 7/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

If we could give Jason a 5 million stars, we would. He is hands-down the best money we spent for our wedding. He is so professional, so on his game, and yet so calm and easy and relaxed! He is organized and responsive and it bears repeating, so professional. This isn't a kid in a garage with some turn tables, he is the ultimate, real-deal DJ. From the very beginning we had complete confidence in his ability to create the atmosphere we wanted for our wedding, and man oh man did he deliver!

We had an international crowd, as my husband is from Germany, and we had guests ranging from 7 weeks old to 88 years old - and not one butt was in a seat the entire reception. It is THE best dance party we've ever been to, and it was our own wedding! Everyone kept raving about how incredible the DJ was, about how amazing the music was, and how FUN it was dancing to all the songs he managed to cram in there (his transitions and edits are brilliant, he got so much in for us!). Guests kept saying how they've never seen such a packed dance floor at a wedding - and we hadn't either. We are so, so, so grateful to Jason for creating the ultimate party atmosphere!

Jason truly is the master and we would 100% recommend him to everyone!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

From start to finish Jason was professional and personable. He and his team were great to work with. My husband and I are still getting comments on how awesome the music and up lighting were. People were out of their chairs the entire night dancing, it's like he knew exactly what to play no matter who was on the dance floor. We highly recommend Dawson Entertainment for any special occasion, especially weddings. Thank you so much Jason for a night we will never forget!!
-The Bresnans

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We are thrilled that we had Dawson Entertainment as the DJ for our wedding. Jason was absolutely wonderful to work with! He is extremely professional, responsive and so helpful in providing suggestions. The music was awesome from beginning to end - we had a packed dance floor all night long! It's two weeks later and we still have guests commenting on how great the DJ was!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can't even count how many people mentioned the DJ and the music to me. Everyone loved DJ JD and I would 100% recommend him to anyone and everyone I know getting married. He is professional and knows his stuff. We didn't have to give him a play by play list for the night- we met with him and gave him songs for specific dances and the entrances and then a few others we really wanted to hear, then from there he just went with it! He played off of our family, friends, and our personalities and allowed everyone to have such a great time.

Thank you so much Jason for helping to make our day perfect!

Profile Picture Kerrianne, 8/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason was the DJ for our August wedding at the Providence Public Library. We did a great job. He took all of our MANY requests and mixed them with contemporary music. When Jason asked what we didn't want played, we both said that we hate line dances (Electric Slide, etc). But if the floor was empty then to play any line dance that would get people out on the floor. The best thing about the evening, not a single line dance. Jason had the dance floor packed all evening.

Jason was wonderful coordinating with the coordinator from the Library and my other outside vendors. He and his assistant were very professional all evening.

Profile Picture Robert, 8/15/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I live in Massachusetts but got married in Connecticut and wanted to have our dancing outside (weather permitting). While we were looking for DJ's in the area, many of them expressed concern that dancing outside wasn't a good idea, it was too dark, said we needed a tent, etc. When we discussed our plan with DJ JD, he immediately went over to our venue without us asking, took pictures, and emailed them to us saying how he loved the idea. He gave us great ideas one where we should place the dance floor and how we could light the area. We were immediately impressed! Before signing our contract my husband went to see him DJ at Foxwoods. Jason took the time to meet with my husband and answer all of our questions. My husband loved the way Jason transitioned between songs instead of playing the entire song till the end to keep the energy level up. On our wedding day, we had Jason do our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception. He arrived early and worked well with all of our vendors. Our ceremony was outside so we were concerned about making sure all of our guests could hear the officiant and our vows. The sound system was perfectly executed and everyone said how they loved that they could hear the entire ceremony without difficulty. When it came time for the reception, Jason showed his true talent. He and his assistant Adam, had people on the dance floor the entire night and we have received non-stop comments about how it was the best DJ people have ever had at a wedding and we couldn't agree more! If the guests weren't feeling a song, Jason transitioned it out sooner, and if people were really into a song he let it play longer. His ability to read the crowd was a skill most wedding DJ's we've experienced lack, and it made our wedding a huge success. In addition, we opted for uplighting from Jason. He placed them perfectly and it made our wedding venue and dance floor transform into a magical setting. Jason is highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/28/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Jason was fantastic. He really tailored the music at our wedding to suit our tastes, get people dancing and keep things going all evening. All of our guests loved the music and raved about the DJ. Jason was very attentive and responsive during the planning process as well and we highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture User4176551, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We asked our photographers from Cronin Hill, our trusted wedding advisors, for the best dj they've ever seen. We wanted someone that would have everyone up dancing. They told us that they've never seen anyone like Dj JD from Dawson Entertainment. What he did was beyond our expectations.

Several of my elderly family members, 70s-80s, were up dancing WITH the 20-30 something year olds and everything in between. It was unbelievable how he managed to bring every generation together onto the dance floor.

A quote from one of my family members on Facebook the next day read "I've never seen so many people on the dance floor at a wedding..."

I can't say enough about his abilities as a dj and professionalism in creating such a fun atmosphere.

Thank you, Jason!!!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/18/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason is hands down the best DJ I've ever seen and I feel fortunate to have had him DJ our wedding. He by far exceeded all expectations. The dance floor was a party until the very end of the night. He drew the interest of people of all different ages. I highly recommend DJ JD for any wedding - I'm confident he will make your wedding night even better than you wanted. Don't give him a playlist, let him do his thing and you will be sure to be happy. You won't find another DJ like him anywhere, I can promise that!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/5/13, 2 Reviews