Dawson Entertainment, LLC Reviews

43 | Gales Ferry, CT

43 Reviews for Dawson Entertainment, LLC

Mark Platt · Married on 02/02/2019

outstanding DJ: flexible, personable, gets along with all ages

Our wedding day on the afternoon of 2/2 at 90 State Street in Albany, New York was beyond our expectations. DJ John Cardona was outstanding in all aspects. He listened and worked together with us in understanding and developing our wedding musical play list.
    It was excellent and incorporated our vision for the atmosphere we were striving for our day. We had a variety of musical genres including Italian, hard and soft rock, disco, folk, blues and new wave. John hit on all the notes for when to play what type of music and what type of song. He really engaged well with our guests and was always the gentleman. We would love to have an excuse to have another event so that he could work with us again!
    Mark & Jia P.

Sent on 03/06/2019

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! I know John was thrilled to play for you and incorporate all of your great musical selections. It was wonderful working with you and we wish you the best as you start this new journey together!
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 12/01/2018

The most recommended for a reason!

When we started planning our wedding, we got so many recommendations for so many different vendors- but every single person we knew pointed us to DJ Dawson. He was amazing!!! Between traditional Greek dancing, some odd song requests, and an enormous bridal party, he had his work cut out for him and he absolutely nailed it. The dance floor was full from start to finish, and I still have people reaching out to tell me how incredible our DJ was. We had an absolutely perfect wedding, and Jason is a huge reason why. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much! What a fun wedding :) We were so happy to DJ and bring our mirror photo booth. Loved doing the dinner music theme - movie soundtracks based on books, since we were in a library. So much fun! Wishing you the best!!

Christina · Married on 10/14/2018

People Can't Stop Talking About Our DJ

Jason is New England’s best wedding DJ, and I’m not just saying that because he was ours. I’m saying that because everyone at our wedding couldn’t stop talking about how great he was. My wife and I have a pretty diverse music taste and a group friends with the same, so we wanted to find someone that could play a lot of our favorites but still go with the flow. Jason did exactly this and better.

He was extremely professional from the beginning when we started our wedding planning 2 years before from Tampa. He setup a FaceTime intro with us and had a very detailed spreadsheet we filled out with songs for every part of the night. It kept us very organized and on track with picking out songs for each moment, even the ones you don’t think of when you’re wedding planning. He gives you just the right amount of control by asking for 10 songs for each part; ceremony, cocktail, dinner, dancing.

Two years later about a month before the wedding when our spreadsheet was due, I gave him a Spotify playlist with 7 hours of music for dancing, and 2 more playlists for dinner and cocktail, and I casually said... you don’t have to play them all, but here’s some ideas. I think most DJs would have laughed at me, but he just said cool I’ll check them out.

Day of the wedding he had one of the most legit setups I’ve ever seen. We’ve been to a lot of shows in our life and it was comparable to that. It wasn’t like we paid extra for that, he just brings that to every wedding. He even had an assistant!

The music was on fire. Every part of the night he managed to play probably 90% of those playlists we gave him even during dinner and cocktail. There we so many moments when we were taking pictures after the ceremony or at dinner, where we had an “oh yeah!” moment to the music playing.

He somehow managed to fit so many songs into an 1.5 hr reception. Rather than playing full length songs he found the best moments in them to transition to the next and keep the crowd moving. He mixed up old school wedding songs with modern day remixes to cater to both crowds. Both of our families young and old were out on the dance floor all night.

Cannot thank you enough Jason! We appreciate all of the hard work and thought you put into our night.

Ryan & Christina

Sent on 02/02/2019

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Wow! Thank you SO much for this amazing review. The amount of detail is stunning. I remember this wedding well and it was a BLAST! So much energy on the dance floor. Every last person was there to have the time of their lives with YOU and it showed. What an incredible group of family and friends to celebrate with. Congratulations and Thank You!!

Jessie · Married on 10/07/2018

Our favorite vendor & best DJ we could have ever hoped for!

Picking Jason as our DJ was one of the best decisions of our wedding. He is professional, responsive, creative and wonderful to work with. From the start, Jason was incredibly responsive. He asked great questions & really listened to our answers, and we could see that he really understood what we vibe we were going for. His organizational sheets were unbelievably useful -- not only did we feel confident that he was taking our wedding seriously & really knew what he was doing, but his organization helped *us* get even more organized as well! All of this led up to an experience that couldn't be beat on the day of our wedding. Jason's own demeanor and presentation set the classy, fun vibe that we wanted, and his play list made clear that he had really listened to what we asked for, plus added his own creative touch to kick it up even higher. He kept people on the dance floor all night, and has kept us smiling even longer! We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you SO much for sharing this. You had such a fun playlist and what an amazing group of friends and family to celebrate with! Wishing you the best!!

Ali Denniston · Married on 09/21/2018

Don't Think - Just Hire Jason!!

As a wedding professional, I started out working with Jason at various venues. I always recommended him to my clients (and still do!) because of his professionalism and his amazing ability to keep dance floors packed ALL NIGHT LONG! When I began to plan my own wedding, there was no question that I wanted Jason to be a part of my special day. He provided sound for my ceremony, DJ services for the reception, and bistro lights underneath the reception tent. Everything was flawless and I had guests - young and old - who commented how amazing it was that so many people were dancing from the first dance to the last. Working with Jason is a dream - he is easy to talk to and he 'gets it'. Provide him with a little info and I promise you that he will deliver - and then some. Music was extremely important to me to set the mood and tone of my wedding and he delivered 150%. Do yourself a favor and lose the stress - just hire Jason and he will make your wedding music dreams come true!

Ellie · Married on 09/15/2018

There are not enough words to express how talented Jason is or how grateful I am he was available to be apart of our wedding day. He was hands down our favorite vendor from our big day. From the very beginning he was quick to respond to emails and remained that way throughout the wedding process. We had our final meeting with him about one month before the wedding and after we named a few must play songs, he immediately picked up on the vibe we were going for. He did all the work, no detailed list was needed, which made out job super easy. Needless to say on the day of, he absolutely killed it! From the beginning of the night to the very end, the dance floor was packed. I never left the dance floor and neither did many of our friends, we were having a blast dancing. He did such a great job that guests of all ages enjoyed the atmosphere. EVERY SINGLE one of our guests have commented on how incredibly talented Jason is. He is kind, professional and personable. He actually got my husband and I such a thoughtful gift, it made both of us teary-eyed. It was one of the best gifts we received. I can not say enough awesome things about Jason. He is an absolute must book. He will help you throw the party of your lives and have your guest raving about how epic your wedding was. Dawson Entertainment is the BEST!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

What an incredibly thoughtful review. Thank you so much! We had the best time playing for you and are so happy that everyone enjoyed the mix of fun music. Congratulations!

Brian · Married on 09/02/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would in a heartbeat. Jason is the ultimate professional when it comes to his DJ service. He goes out of his way to make sure your wedding day goes smoothly and that people are dancing the entire time. We had 3 generations of people dancing throughout the night. We couldn't possibly be happier with Dawson Entertainment. You need this DJ for your wedding; plain and simple. The best money you'll spend.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

So happy to be a part of your wedding day! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Congratulations!!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/25/2018

Dawson Entertainment came highly recommended from my husband's good friend who's wedding Jason played in Mystic, CT a few years back. Our goal for the wedding was be on the dance floor quite literally all night long and Jason really delivered, the dance floor was packed with parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, college and high school friends all night, so much so that our videographer opted to stay a bit longer to capture all the dance offs. The music was amazing and we could not have had more fun with our family and friends or recommend a better DJ!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much! Can't wait to see what the videographer captured. It was such a fun celebration!! Congratulations!

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

Jason and DJ John Cardona were awesome every step of the way! From the ceremony to the reception, everything went off without a hitch! John had everyone on the dance floor all night long and it was a blast! Thank you for everything Jason and John!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about what a great experience you had with Dawson Entertainment! We were so happy to play great music for your wedding celebration. Congratulations!!

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Our wedding was just a couple weeks ago on August 18th and we were lucky enough to have Jason as our DJ! The dance floor was packed the whole night with a perfect mix of family and friends of all ages. Nobody could get me off of it either lol! He came highly recommended to us by a friend and we are now recommending him to everyone! We were impressed with his professionalism and knowledge from the get go. He set up an in-person meeting early on so that we could share our overall ideas and ask any questions we might have. He was genuine, easy to talk to, and reasonably priced with different package options. Jason is also very flexible and offers opportunties to meet in person, over the phone, or via Skype through an online calendar scheduling app. The questionnaire he asked us to fill out was also so helpful in planning and understanding how the music and dancing would flow through the evening. His attention to detail and organization is a necessity during the chaos of wedding planning! Jason not only played all of our specific song requests, but also found and played Portuguese music that I had asked him about for my family. He mixed slow songs in at the right times and the whole evening of dancing flowed perfectly. Towards the end of the night he geared the music toward the younger crowd that tends to stay and party later which everyone loved. A few more things worth noting:) He is NOT one of those DJs that’s always yelling or using lame lines to get people to the dance floor! He pronounced everybody’s names correctly and kept us on schedule to ensure that there would be plenty of time for dancing. He even stayed longer when we decided at the very last minute to extend the time of our wedding! Simply put, choose Dawson Entertainment- you won’t regret it:)

Sent on 09/03/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!! We had the best time playing for you and wish you the best!!

Katie · Married on 07/12/2018

Jason Dawson was everything we couldn't hoped for in a DJ. He was very detailed and accommodating throughout the planning process. I can't think of one thing I received more compliments on then the DJ and his music!
    Jason was able to capture every moment of my perfect day with the perfect song. All ages were on the dance floor all night having an absolute blast. There is no other choice when it comes to a DJ for your wedding...Jason Dawson, thank you for making the best day of my life one I will never forget!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! It was our pleasure to provide the soundtrack to your day. Congratulations!!

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

The mastermind behind Dawson Entertainment - Jason Dawson, DJ JD - is a real professional. He's punctual, prepared, dependable, and above all else, does one hell of a job when he's on the mic or behind the turntables with his headphones on. Prior to our wedding, we heard him play in many different formats and venues. So we're very familiar with his chops as a DJ. Compared to many other's we've heard, he's one of the best when it comes to reading a crowd, mixing, and playing music that keep people on the dance floor. So happy we were able to book him for our event, and very pleased with the experience we had with him as a vendor. Even though he asked for some input from us before the wedding (in the form of a great and comprehensive questionnaire and a couple concise FaceTime conversations) we told Jason we trusted his instincts and wanted to let him do his job (because he's a pro!), and he did not disappoint. Dawson Entertainment is a great vendor to work with, and was a key reason that our wedding reception turned into the best party we've ever been to.

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2018

Dawson Entertainment was such a wonderful company to work with right from the beginning! The google sheet for planning made it easy to collaborate and clearly communicate plans and expectations. They also helped us out with speakers/mic for the ceremony even though we only thought of it the week of, so accommodating. For the day of, our DJ, John, was on time, professional, full of energy and made our reception a blast. He played the perfect songs at the right times so the dance floor was never empty! We would absolutely recommend Dawson Entertainment to anyone. On top of everything, they gave us such a thoughtful memento of our special night.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so happy to hear that John was such a great fit for your wedding celebration. Congratulations!!

Annie · Married on 05/27/2018

Jason was absolutely amazing to work with and made our night absolutely special. Our uncle is a singer and we asked him to sing our first dance and parent dances. Jason was 100% accommodating and was even thrilled to let him do a few more songs!

It truly made our night so special and we are beyond grateful to have had him make our night perfect.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANY EVENT!!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your kindness. It was such a pleasure DJing for you and hearing your uncle sing. He was truly amazing. Wishing you the best!!

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

We couldn’t be happier that we booked JD for our wedding! Jason is the absolute best, he took the time to meet with us before the wedding to get to know us better, was always super responsive, and just a great guy all around. Jason did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and lighting as well...everything was flawless! Our reception was wild, the dance floor was packed all night long, everyone was up dancing! Jason knows how to read the crowd and kept the dance floor packed throughout the night. Our friends and family are still talking about the wedding and how awesome the music was. Book Dawson Entertainment, you will not regret it, we can’t recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review! It was a honor to play for you and what a celebration it was!! Congratulations!!

Nancy · Married on 07/23/2017

There's no need to look any further. Jason (DJ JD) is absolutely the best! He went above and beyond our expectations. He met with us on two separate occasions in person to plan our wedding. He truly wanted to get to know us and what our vision for our wedding was. We were immediately put at ease when we met him and had every confidence that he would make our wedding fantastic. That's exactly what it was! Jason's music selections were perfect. They provided the feel that we were going for and kept our dance floor alive all night, which was no easy feat with guests ranging from ages 5-90. He MC'd the event in a fun but professional manner that provided good energy. Jason also managed the sound for our ceremony and the bistro lighting and uplighting for the reception (both at Saltwater Farm). Our guests raved about "how cool" the bistro lighting was. I unequivocally recommend Jason for any event you have. He is a true professional!

• Juliana

Juliana · Married on 07/22/2017

Heaven sent. Haha. Seriously, Jason was a HUGE factor into why our wedding reception went so well. Music and food were my two biggest worries going into my wedding, but once I hired Jason I was way more at ease. He is extremely professional and talented.. the dance floor was full all night (I didn't leave it once) and my guests raved about the music when I spoke to them after our honeymoon. Other than giving him some songs for cocktail hour and dinner, I just trusted his taste for the rest, and I'm glad I did! His remixes are the perfect tie of old school and new school vibes, perfect for both generations of guests:). Not to mention he's just a really nice guy. We all took a picture together when the reception was over and he gave us a frame with the printed lyrics of our first song. So sweet!

Completely beyond my expectations. Do yourself a huge favor and hire Dawson Entertainment.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Juliana! It was a PARTY and I'm so glad to have been a part of it. Congratulations!!

Mike · Married on 07/07/2017

We have been to many weddings, both in CT and in Canada. We can confidently say that there is not a single DJ who even remotely approaches the skill and dedication of DJ JD (Jason Dawson). From the moment our wedding ended, through our honeymoon, and now several weeks removed from the big day - we have been talking about how amazing DJ JD was. Quite simply, he provided the soundtrack for the best party of our lives.

During the planning stages, Jason was very attentive to the vibe we were striving for. He provides a thorough survey where you can select what songs to play / avoid. After our initial meeting he was quick to respond to any inquiries we had. He was always willing to hear our ideas, but we also felt comfortable deferring to his expertise and advice.

From the grand entrances and beyond, Jason had everyone on the dance floor. Other reviews have mentioned this - it is not an exaggeration. Literally every single one of our guests was up and dancing, and it stayed that way for the entire night. As it was our special day, we may be a little biased in this description. However we have had several people, both our close friends and older guests, comment that it was remarkable how few people were left sitting at their chairs.

In addition, Jason doesn't simply move from one song to the next - he links them together in inventive ways. He also provides coloured strobe lights and hooked us up with both lasers and a cryo (white smoke) cannon. At several points my wife and I were simply laughing hysterically, overcome with joy at just how awesome all of this was.

Honestly, the worst part was when the night ended. We have slowly come to the realization that never again will we have our family and friends under one roof, enjoying ourselves in a way that Jason was hugely responsible for.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and enthusiastic review! You had such a fun vision for your wedding celebration and we had the best time making that vision a reality. The positive energy from your family and friends, from the time we dropped the first song until the last, was uncontainable. It was obvious to us that every single person there loves you both and wanted to show that by participating in the party of a lifetime. Thank you for including us as a part of it, too! It was truly a pleasure and incredibly FUN! Congratulations!!

Katie · Married on 07/01/2017

Where do I even begin? DJ JD, is by-far the absolute best, and top DJ anyone can have for their wedding or event. We had him for our wedding this past July on 7/1/17. My now husband, and I, used to go to Shrine at Foxwoods years ago when we were younger and that's when we first heard him DJ. I realized years later, that he actually DJ'd for weddings, and was beyond excited. He is not only extremely professional, but he knows what he is doing, and is extremely organized, yet knows how to party and listens to what you want. We wanted our wedding to be exactly like a party at Shrine, only a little classier, with some oldies thrown in for our older family members. He did exactly that. The amount of people that came to our wedding and complimented the music was insane. They all couldn't stop talking about how they had so much fun dancing all night, and how they had never been to a wedding where everyone was up dancing. Not only did he provide our music and entertainment, but he also created a custom monogram light for our venue, and he provided the uplighting. We also had him put bistro lighting above our dance floor, and it perfected our tent. He is a little on the pricier side, however, it is worth every single penny. DJ JD made the party, and without him, I can't even imagine what it would have been like. At the end of the evening, there was a gift left, and it said "From DJ JD", his gift was the only gift we opened on our wedding gift, and it was one of the most thoughtful gifts we received. I won't tell you what it is, you'll just have to hire him to find out. If you want the absolute best wedding around, hire DJ JD with Dawson Entertainment. My wedding was perfect, because of him.

Here's my highlight wedding video link, you can see him, the monogram, the bistro lighting, uplighting and then how people are dancing all night long! First at 5:41 then at 7:19 -- Promise you won't be disappointed.

Jenn · Married on 09/24/2016

We know DJ JD from the club world. I worked with him and we hired him on several nights so I knew the skill, talent, and passion he puts into his craft. He assisted us with the reception timeline and everything went very smoothly! The night went flawless and everything he was required to do went off without a hitch! We have received countless compliments on how the dance floor was busy all night long. We would recommend Dawson Entertainment to anyone.

Cara · Married on 08/30/2016

Jason is the best in the business! My husband and I did not make his job easy, with our very different tastes and personalities, but Jason worked with us to make our night perfect. Jason is not just a DJ, he runs your event! We knew once we got to the reception we could take a deep breath because the rest of our night would be announced and we wouldn't have to worry about a thing. All of our friends and family members loved the music he played, catering to all age groups and genres.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Dawson Entertainment, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was such a great experience celebrating with everyone. Congratulations!!

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2016

We hired DJ JD (Jason) for both our ceremony and reception at the Branford House this past August. I want to preface my review by stating that we decided early on that the DJ was one of, if not the most important vendor. Once we met Jason, we knew we found our DJ! It was apparent right away that he isn’t the typical wedding DJ - music is his passion, and he has such a wide breadth of experience that set him head and shoulders above the rest. Jason was great to work with – laid back, yet highly professional. He was incredibly helpful whether via his quick responses to emails, or through our in person meetings where he offered invaluable suggestions based on his experience with what works well.

On the day of our wedding, Jason provided the music and microphone equipment for our ceremony, and was even flexible to our last minute change in plans to move our ceremony inside due to the weather. We also did a surprise first dance which consisted of a slow/fast dance mix and Jason cut the music flawlessly ahead of time. He had our guests – young & old on the dance floor the whole night, even on a 90 degree humid day. We had several friends who are around our age and attend a lot of weddings mention how DJ JD was the best DJ they had ever heard at a wedding, and we would agree! As a part of the planning process, Jason asked for 8-10 songs that we’d like and from our short list of songs, he truly exceeded our expectations, and completely delivered on the vibe we were going for during each portion of our wedding. This is a true testament to how talented Jason is as a DJ, and his extensive knowledge of music!

Most importantly, Jason is just a wonderful and kind person who really makes you feel like you are in good hands, but also working with a friend. Throughout the entire process, we really enjoyed getting to know Jason and were so happy that he was a part of our wedding day. We are so looking forward to heading to Shrine to relive our wedding night all over again!

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2016

Choosing Dawson Entertainment was the BEST decision I made about my wedding. The dancefloor was packed the whole night! All of my friends and family came up to me all night saying that Dj JD was the best wedding DJ they had ever heard and that that was the most fun they ever had at a wedding. The wedding coordinator at my venue said that she had never had so much fun working a wedding and that she was officially putting Dawson Entertainment on her preferred vendors list. Dj JD is a real, professional DJ, not just someone pushing play on an iPod. His song mash-ups, transitions, and turnover time create a fun club vibe, so there's no breaks between songs. Additionally, he was extremely professional and punctual when it came to meeting or answering e-mails. I really enjoyed working with him and would recommend him to anyone!

Lindsay · Married on 05/06/2016

Having seen DJ JD perform at 2 family weddings prior, we knew that we had to have him at ours too. He knows exactly how to keep a crowd on the dance floor, and he did exactly that at our wedding. The floor was full the entire night. Jason knows how to read a crowd and play just what they want to hear. He keeps the party going with his last hour mash-ups. I can't thank him enough for making my wedding so memorable! I have already and will continue to HIGHLY recommend DJ JD to anyone!!!

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/09/2016

Jason truly helped make our wedding an unforgettable party!

Jason was recommended to us by a friend. Jason played at her wedding as well as her sister's wedding, so that alone spoke volumes to me. Jason was extremely professional and helpful, always available to answer questions while we were in the planning stages. Jason even helped us figure out the best way to make our reception "flow" to truly create a high-energy, amazing reception. He kept the dance floor PACKED all night, and we've received so many compliments from family and friends about how amazing the music was. Thank you, Jason!