Dawn's Couture Cakes Reviews

99 Reviews for Dawn's Couture Cakes

• Lauren

Lauren M. · Married on 12/12/2020

Dawn made our 2020 Covid Wedding Easy Going and Flexible

In the last month we had to reduce our 400+ guest list to 15 people. We had already paid Dawn, however she worked wonderfully with us to make our payment work for both our small wedding and then work out a plan our 2021 planned reception. Dawn made the initial tasting a fun and adventurous experience, and her response to email message was perfect. So glad we came across Dawn in order to have her take part in part of our special day!!

Alex · Married on 10/17/2020

Definitely Recommend!

Dawn was absolutely amazing to work with! Due to COVID we had a few important changes literally a month before our wedding and Dawn made everything work and run as smooth as it possibly could have! We had numerous guests compliment the cupcakes, and ask where we ordered them, they are wonderful, and we will definitely be returning to her again!

Sent on 02/02/2021

Brennan C. · Married on 10/03/2020

Dawn is Simply the Best of the Best!

Dawn is simply the BEST! I initially met with her a year prior to my wedding (thinking I had picked out a wedding theme). A couple months prior to Wedding I messaged Dawn about changing the design of my cake, and she nailed the new design! It looked and tasted amazing! I highly recommend Dawn to any and everyone!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Kelsey H. · Married on 09/19/2020

Best cake ever!

It was a pleasure working with Dawn. She made the process very simple and was so easy to work with. The cake was beautiful and the cupcakes were very good. Our guests were raving about the cake!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Hollie

Hollie · Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing Experience! Highly Recommend!

Working with Dawn was an absolute pleasure! If you’re wanting your cake vendor to produce beautiful and delicious cakes at a good price and is quick to respond - Dawn is your woman! Everything went smoothly for our wedding day and she communicated very well with us. Our guests still talk about the delicious cupcakes they had at our wedding. One of my bridesmaids instantly decided to book Dawn when she tried our cupcakes. I highly recommend her!

Kelsie E. · Married on 08/15/2020

Outstanding

Absolutely amazing! I got compliments from guests all night on how amazing the cake was! Dawn is amazing to work with l and makes some of the best cake I've had. She responds very quickly to messages and answers any questions.

Sent on 09/07/2020

Karen W. · Married on 07/11/2020

Very easy to work with and lots of great suggestions when we were stumped as to what we wanted to create the perfect cake.

Flavors were all delicious. Decorating was absolutely beautiful. Probably one of the most beautiful cakes I’ve seen. Finishing touches were spot on with fresh flowers.

Sent on 07/12/2020

Shelby M. · Married on 06/19/2020

Incredible! Highly recommend.

We first met Dawn at the Honey Creek Resort menu tasting and vendor fair in November 2019. A few weeks later, we stopped by her house on our way from Kansas City to the Quad Cities to sample several cupcakes. I contacted her with only a days notice and she was able to make about 8 different cupcakes to try and we were so thankful! We also grabbed a few others on the drive from Hy-Vee and Walmart and Dawn’s were better by a landslide. After tasting hers, we felt so silly for even considering other places and her prices are definitely fair. We chose the following flavors: almond wedding cake, funfetti, chocolate with salted caramel frosting, gluten free chocolate (which was incredible and our biggest order), lemon, and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

We first ordered 6 different flavors because we simply couldn’t decide; they were all incredible! Due to COVID, our guest count dropped by about 50% and Dawn was kind enough to let us omit two of the flavors at the last minute. On the wedding day, Dawn coordinated with HCR staff behind the scenes as she had done several times before. She provided delivery and setup and we were able to set up our own decorations and signs for the cupcake table. Dawn was the least of our worries on our wedding day and everyone LOVED the cupcakes. We also froze a bunch of them and they’re great once thawed.

Icing on the cake: Dawn provided us with a small complimentary anniversary cake. We picked the cake and icing flavors and design, Dawn packaged it separately from the cupcakes, and HCR stored it in their freezer upon delivery. We also ordered a sheet cake for my grandparents’ 50th anniversary that turned out beautifully and was so delicious! I sent her pictures of what we were looking for and she knocked it out of the park!

We HIGHLY recommend Dawn’s Couture Cakes!

Sent on 07/03/2020

Tara G. · Married on 06/13/2020

Gonzalez Wedding

Dawn is so amazing. Her cakes are fantastic and having a wedding in a pandemic wasn’t easy but she was so great and accommodating of us rescheduling our wedding and downsizing our order TWICE. The cakes were DELICIOUS. Everyone loved them. Cant wait to try our one year anniversary cake. Highly recommend.

Caitlin S. · Married on 10/26/2019

One word: incredible

Dawn is INCREDIBLE! She’s not only easy to work with, but she has THE best cake you’ll ever eat. They’re beautifully decorated and taste even better (if you can believe that). She executed EXACTLY what I was looking for on my wedding cake. I had countless guests telling us how wonderful the cake was, which was no surprise to me. It’s the day after our wedding and we’re already looking forward to eating our anniversary cake!! 😊

Sent on 10/27/2019

Sydney M. · Married on 10/26/2019

Eddy Wedding Cake and Cupcakes

She was wonderful! Able to do exactly what we asked for and tastes amazing. Many compliments were made by our guests. I was very pleased all around.

Sent on 01/30/2020

Kim H. · Married on 08/17/2019

Truly Talented

Can’t say enough good things about Dawn... I used her for my daughters bridal shower & wedding. Everything is delectable, your guests will rave over it. Dawns presentation is 5 star, her setup of the cake & cupcakes at the wedding was elegant. It was truly a pleasure to work with her.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Jackie H. · Married on 07/09/2019

Dawn was excellent to work with and the cake tasted amazing!

Dawn doesn't only make excellent tasty cake, she is also fantastic to work with. My cake received so many compliments at my wedding!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Julie

Julie C. · Married on 07/06/2019

Over the Moon

Dawn is a very amazing and talented lady, our cake was absolutely perfect! Guest went on and on about how delicious the cake and cupcake were. I couldnt decide exactly how I wanted flowers so trusted Dawn to just do whatever and WOW it was breathtaking. 1000% would recommend her.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey S. · Married on 06/15/2019

Dawn is amazing!

We loved working with Dawn for our wedding day. She is extremely thoughtful and professional throughout the entire process. Dawn gave us the most amazing cake tasting, which helped us decide on our cake and cupcake flavors. We absolutely loved our cake and cupcakes. Every single detail was perfect. All of our guests still talk about the cake and cupcakes and we cannot wait for our anniversary to have another taste of the cake! I cannot wait for another occasion to work with Dawn again.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Heather S. · Married on 06/08/2019

Her cake both in taste and design was amazing!

Her cake both in taste and design was amazing! Her options for the cake were great. My guests kept going back for more!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Kaylee M. · Married on 06/08/2019

Unbeatable quality!

I love that Dawn had our cake testing held in her house. It made our experience very personal. She had so many options for us to choose from. Surprisingly, my husband and I are not very big cake fans... until we tried Dawn's! Her cake is unbeatable and her options are limitless. We left for our honeymoon the day after our wedding and found ourselves bummed because we didn't get to enjoy any of Dawn's leftover cake and knew it wouldn't be good by the time we got back. I guess we will just have to wait until we eat our anniversary cake to have some more :)

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Deianeira

Deianeira M. · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful deliciousness

Dawn is beyond phenomenal. Her work is so beautiful but it is also delicious. She did our wedding cake and it was a four tier piece of art. Everyone raved about how yummy it was. I might add that she was incredibly professional and prompt with delivery and set up. I didn't have to worry about a single detail when it came to the cake. My husband and I are so excited to enjoy our anniversary cake.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Molly · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly recommended

The cupcakes I ordered for my wedding were almost gone before it even started. All of the guests were complementing them. So good!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Lacy E. · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding Cake

Dawn did an amazing job with our cake and cupcakes! The flavor, moistness, appeal was all absolutely amazing! Would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Kylie S. · Married on 11/10/2018

Phenomenal. Memomoriable.

About 2 years ago, I had Dawn’s cake at a 50th Anniversary party. It. Was. Phenomenal. Once I got engaged, I knew exactly who I wanted to make my cake! We had a 4 tiered cake and half a sheet cake with 3 different flavors/fillings covered in buttercream icing. You would not believe how many people commented on the cake. It was delicious and I cannot WAIT to eat our anniversary cake (which by the way she makes and boxes separate so you have one!)! I would HIGHLY recommend Dawn. She is beyond amazing!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Alaynah · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

Dawn is fantastic to work with! She was very flexible with meeting with the two of us for our wedding cake tasting. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for anything better! The cake also tasted amazing! She made beautiful cupcakes for the reception as well and they tasted just as amazing as they looked. She personally delivered the cake, cupcakes and decorated the cake on site. We couldn’t have been happier and are so glad we chose Dawn to make our cake!

The husband says: absolutely fantastic, no need to say anything else.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Austin · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent Cake

Dawn makes phenomenal cakes. All of my guests complimented how delicious the cake was and how awesome it looked. I would highly recommend her in the future.

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel M. · Married on 10/13/2018

This cake was perfect!

Our cake was absolutely perfect! Guests raved over the taste and it looked beautiful!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Megan · Married on 09/22/2018

Dawn’s cakes are so delicious!! She has so many different flavors to choose from and every single one is incredible. Our cupcakes and cake were such a hit that there wasn’t any leftovers! Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/01/2018