Dawn M Gibson Photography Reviews

54 Reviews for Dawn M Gibson Photography

• Laura

Laura · Married on 07/19/2019

Dawn M Gibson Photography is unparalleled

My brother had Dawn photograph his wedding on a dreary, rainy fall day and my then-boyfriend (now husband!) and I were absolutely blown away with the photos. Dawn had posed people, brightened photos, and used who knows what other wizardry and technical skills to make the wedding photos some of the best that we had ever seen. We agreed then that if we wed we would surely use Dawn! Well, we got engaged a few years later and the first thing we did after choosing a date (before selecting a venue, bridal party, literally any vendors at all) was contact Dawn to make sure she was available. We likely would have changed our wedding date just to make sure we had the best photographer in WNY (and probably beyond that!). Now that we've gotten our photos back from our wedding, we absolutely love them and not just because it's from our special day. Dawn and her assistant photographer Brittany captured the best candid shots from so many of our guests, incredible and uniques portraits of the bride, groom, and bridal party, and spend the entire day alongside us in the most miserable heat and humidity until it rained (briefly). Dawn and Brittany were very creative, professional, and incredibly thorough in the photos they took as well as the entire planning process (including a timeline of the day at 5 minute intervals which I loved). If you're looking for the best photographer in WNY look no further, and maybe even consider flying her in to photograph your wedding if your not local because she might just be the best wedding photographer out there! No other wedding photographer we've seen can compare (and her consistent 5 star reviews show it!)

Sent on 10/04/2019

Catherine · Married on 08/11/2018

Look No further!!! Dawn is your girl!

Looking for a photographer was definitely stressful. You want one that understands what you are looking for... but also one that won't break the bank... because let's face it weddings can be very expensive. Dawn is extremely talented, knowledgeable, patient, informative, passionate... The list goes on! She wants to help (and she will anyway that she can) and make sure everything goes well on your special day. She was worth every penny. We are so lucky we found her to capture our most special day so beautifully. We will forever be grateful.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

Let’s get the most important part of this out of the way: Dawn is INCREDIBLE, and we are so, so glad that we had her as our photographer for our wedding day. Debate no further. Just book her now. Her pictures speak for themselves- they are incredible, and exactly the kind of candid, true, gorgeous photos we wanted. Working with her was just as great.

From the first time we spoke to Dawn, it was clear how much she cares about every individual couple she works with. We felt truly special, even though she shoots so many weddings. She was so flexible, reasonable, and incredibly professional, and we always felt so comfortable with her. She always got back to us so quickly whenever we had questions, and she was an incredible resource for EVERYTHING. Dawn made us a timeline for our day that our day of coordinator and venue coordinators were both so impressed by. She even gave me advice on wedding dresses when I couldn’t decide! We did an engagement shoot with Dawn, which was SO worth it. And at our wedding weekend, Dawn was somehow everywhere, getting all these incredible pictures of our 150 person wedding. She helped keep both of us on track and sane on our wedding day. Dawn was so instrumental in how wonderful our wedding was.

Dawn was also always incredibly punctual or even got things done ahead of time, and whenever we had any requests, like sneak peeks of certain photos for our Thank You cards, or early engagement shoot photos for special days, Dawn always delivered- and then some. We’re so lucky to have had her as our wedding photographer, and now as our friend.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Solara · Married on 06/16/2018

Dawn is the best of the best. After chatting by skype briefly to get a sense of one another, my husband and I knew we wanted to work with her for our engagement shoot and wedding. She is kind, funny, and very thoughtful. Not to mention that her photographs are just stunning. She went above and beyond in every sense - although from Buffalo, she came to Brooklyn, NY one weekend to photograph our engagement photos. I can't even describe how beautifully her photographs came out and she was SO much fun to work with. It was like hanging out with an old friend. She was excited and enthusiastic throughout the entire shoot. Unfortunately in the end she was not able to be with us on our wedding day - but luckily for a great reason! She had her first baby right around the same time. I can vouch, however, that she handled this change in the most professional way and was willing to give us a refund and find us a new photographer. Dawn treats her clients like family, and for that we are very grateful. Thank you so much, Dawn! We hope to get to work with you in the future, as well.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Ashleigh · Married on 10/21/2017

Dawn was amazing and sweet, and everything I needed in a photographer for my wedding day! She met with me in advance to plan out my day and had answers for everything including things I never would have thought of - she is on point at all times! On the wedding day her and her assistant Liz were incredible at keeping everyone focused and moving along quickly while being fun and professional at the same time. They captured every moment of the day from start to finish perfectly. Couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Brianna · Married on 10/08/2017

We cannot begin to say enough positive things about working with Dawn. Throughout the entire wedding process she made us feel special, supported, and truly became a friend. Having her on site the day of the wedding was incredible--she extended herself above and beyond her role as Photographer--taking the lead with helping to coordinate with other vendors, making sure we were doing okay and having lots of fun, and taking amazing shots! She was receptive to our ideas and you could just tell how much she loved what she does. If she's available for your special day, you should not hesitate to book her!!

-Brianna & Gabe Kosowitz

Sent on 12/20/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Dawn was everything my husband and I were looking for when making our decision on a wedding photographer ... and more! The quality of her service reaches far beyond the amazing pictures you'll receive from your wedding day. She makes a sincere effort to get to know you and your spouse on a personal level before you even decide if you are going to hire her. That first meeting really sets the tone for all of the interactions you'll have with her moving forward; authentic, genuine, exciting, honest, professional, timely, etc.! She keeps communication going with you throughout your engagement and even past your wedding day. Dawn doesn't leave any room for grey areas on what you may expect from her. She is open and honest! Which I have found, post-wedding, to be one of the most valuable traits you can find in someone you work with.

My husband and I didn't feel like we "hired" Dawn. Getting to know her throughout the course of our only 5 month engagement truly made her feel more like an honored guest to have with us through all of our special moments we shared that day. I think it felt that way because she made sure she was far from a stranger to us; she met with us a hand-full of times to help coordinate the wedding day timeline, she shot our engagement photoshoot to help us feel more comfortable in front of her and her camera, she kept communication open with us along the way, etc. I couldn't recommend Dawn M. Gibson Photography to shoot your wedding anymore highly!

- Lauren Bobeck

Sent on 12/27/2017

Katie · Married on 09/03/2017

Dawn was absolutely incredible at our wedding! She was so accommodating with all our different wants/needs and did an absolutely stunning job capturing our wedding. My husband and I are thrilled with the pictures and HIGHLY recommend using Dawn Gibson. We are truly grateful to have such wonderful memories to cherish :)

Sent on 12/19/2017

Natalie · Married on 08/25/2017

If you're looking for a wedding photographer who operates in stealth mode, yet somehow captures the most brilliant candids possible, look no further! Dawn is fantastic. She got to know my (now) husband and I as a couple so she could understand what meant the most to us leading up to our big day. She's thorough, pays impeccable attention to detail, and is downright good at what she does. She even noticed things throughout our wedding like when we were dancing and my husband's glass was a bit too full to bust out his crazy moves; she came right over and took the drink from his hand so he could carry on dancing and she could catch him in action! Then on the other hand, if your glass was empty - she'd run to the bar to get you set with another. I could go on and on... long story short - she is worth every penny (and she's not too costly to begin with)!

Sent on 10/09/2017
  • 2017bridetobe

Linsey · Married on 05/13/2017

We booked Dawn to photograph our wedding and we are so, so glad that we did. She is a very talented and amazing photographer and a great person, too. She was such a pleasure to work with! She met with us and we knew right away we wanted her to be our photographer. Her documentary style photography is just what we wanted and she captured all the moments, big and small, on our wedding day from getting ready at the salon, until late in the evening. Our pictures are absolutely gorgeous and we could not be happier! This was some of the best money spent on our wedding because we have these photos to look at and relive our day over and over. Dawn is so helpful and organized, she really gets to know her clients, and she cares about doing the best job she can. We cannot say enough about Dawn and her amazing, professional work. She's great and anyone would be lucky to have her as their photographer. We would 100% recommend her to any couple! : )

Sent on 06/14/2017

Steve · Married on 04/29/2017

Dawn went above and way, way beyond anything I ever expected a photographer to do at our wedding. At one point during the reception, Dawn started moving a table and chairs because the dance floor was overflowing! That's how dedicated she is to making sure her clients are happy and her work is impeccable. She is an extremely talented photographer and is also an incredibly communicative and nice person. I feel so lucky she was able to capture our wedding day!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Shanna · Married on 10/29/2016

Dawn was SO amazing to work with! She genuinely cares about her clients, and loves what she does. The pictures were so gorgeous, and we have received so many compliments on them. Our family & friends loved her as well because she was very nice and went above & beyond for everyone on our big day. Dawn is worth every penny!!!!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Chrissy · Married on 10/09/2016

When my husband and I first got engaged we began browsing vendors, just to see what was out there. We found Dawn and absolutely fell in love with her work. I immediately reached out to get more information, and she promptly responded to setup a meeting. We had a Skype meeting a few days later during which we fell in love with Dawn herself! My (now) husband and I had not yet booked our venue, or even decided on a wedding date, but we knew we wanted Dawn to be our photographer. Her work spoke for itself: the candid moments she was able to capture were so unique and beautiful. But she also made us feel so comfortable, we knew we would be in good hands with Dawn. Plus, the fact that her package included a proposed wedding timeline was a huge plus. When we reached out to book her services, all of our correspondence was prompt and thorough. As the date neared she was in touch to schedule an in person pre-wedding meeting, a fantastic personal touch. The day of the wedding, we couldn't have asked for anyone better than Dawn. It was like having a close friend there as our photographer. Not only was she organized and professional, but she made what I thought would be a stressful situation fun! Dawn is dedicated to her clients and passionate about her work. We love Dawn, and only hope many others will be as lucky as we were to find her!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Grace · Married on 06/25/2016

Working with Dawn was an absolute pleasure and we could not recommend her enough. She is a ray of sunshine who has a true talent for capturing the most important and intimate moments of the day. My husband and I are both a little camera shy, but working with Dawn was effortless and so enjoyable. She consistently went the extra mile and really got to know us as a couple in order to make our wedding as special and memorable as possible.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Matt · Married on 10/24/2015

Wow! Dawn exceeded all our expectations - absolutely outstanding on every level. I would recommend her a thousand times over. Professional, courteous, efficient, hard-working, patient, and organized. A touch of inclement weather did not slow her down one bit, nor did it detract from the big day in any respect - Dawn was totally prepared and ready to go. Dawn was perfect, I give her my highest recommendation.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/17/2015

Dawn M. Gibson Photography was a wonderful to have for our wedding and engagement session! Dawn was extremely easy to work with, providing lots of ideas and thought into each photograph. Dawn was willing to try new things and be in a bunch of different locations, exploring as we went along for our engagement session. Dawn was punctual, flexible, and professional in both our engagement session and our wedding. Dawn was able to get a wide variety of photographs, moving everything along so things stayed on track. I would recommend Dawn M. Gibson Photography to anyone who is looking for a fantastic photographer!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Dawn was absolutely a joy to work with!! She is so dedicated to her work and is incredibly talented. But more importantly, she took the time to get to know us and our story. Her genuine enthusiasm and creativity made our engagement session such a fun and enjoyable experience. We can't wait to work with her again on our wedding day!!!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Matt · Married on 10/10/2015

My wife and I cannot say enough about Dawn and our experience with her as our wedding photographer. She's not just another vendor behind the lens, she's a vendor who cares about your story as a couple. She uses that story to capture the best moments of your special day and, in our case, the engagement session too.

Her flexibility and communication are also great. Whether it's meeting at a coffee shop to discuss details or emailing back and forth with some questions you have, she's there to help you every step of the way.

We did our homework when choosing a photographer and Dawn M Gibson Photography was hands down the best decision we could have possibly made in a vendor. For a more creative, personal and top notch photographer, you don't need to look any further.

Annie · Married on 09/25/2015

Dawn is an absolute professional and so amazingly creative! She made our day so wonderful and special! Working with her is a breeze. She totally went the extra mile & was great working with all the personalities and types of people in our wedding party. She is super organized and just a blast to be around. All the guests loved her & everyone loves her photos! I can never recommend her enough!

Melissa · Married on 09/19/2015

I'm not sure I can find the right words to express how unbelievably great Dawn is as a photographer and a person. When it came to photography for my wedding I had high expectations and wanted the best I could manage to find. When I stumbled across Dawn I knew she was perfect because right off the bat, from the first email, she made me feel like I was a friend rather than just another inquiry about her services. She definitely cares about her clients and tries to get to know you and your story, so she can work with you in the best way possible! I was very grateful for that. She keeps in touch with you and will even offer her opinion on other wedding details that has nothing to do with photography, she definitely knows her stuff! ... Now onto her actual photography... we did our engagement photos this past summer at the Erie County Fair and I had my doubts. A) Because my fiancé is so quiet, reserved and doesn't necessarily love the camera haha! and B) There are a thousand people at the fair, so how this idea was going to pan out made me a bit nervous! The end result is amazing! Dawn took her time with us and made sure we got ALL the shots we wanted, and was full of suggestions. I think it really says something when I feel like every single photo she gave us could be framed and hung on the wall. Not to mention the way she captured my fiancé and I interacting was so spot on, I look at some of the photos and laugh because it's exactly how he looks at me everyday, she has the ability to freeze a special moment in time :) She coaches you through the session but there is not much posing, it's all very natural and fun! I knew it was a success when we got in the car to go home and my fiancé said "that was fun, I'd do it again". We really can't wait for our wedding day, partly because we are so excited to have Dawn spend and capture the day with us! We are so thankful we found Dawn and her amazing talent and I think you would be too!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/19/2015

I had an absolutely wonderful wedding day that went on without any disasters, problems, mishaps or anything. It was great!!! However, I feel like no matter how calm, prepared, and organized you may be for the big day, it's inevitable that it will be a little hectic and a bit crazy, well that's where Dawn steps in!! She is absolutely incredible and trust me, you want her as part of your special day! Between all the people to visit, the dances, and cake cutting, and speeches and everything else that goes on, the day zooms by and at points can be just bit overwhelming and I am so thankful that we had Dawn by our side! She kind of runs the show... she knows where you need to be and at what time. She gathers everybody up for certain photos and has the control that is needed to make the day run smoothly. She helps you through every single step of the day and there are not enough words to thank her enough! I could just turn around and he would be there working so hard to make my day perfect and capture every memory possible. I had wedding guests come up to me asking "where I found her" because they were so impressed with her dedication and passion to my wedding and it will be the same for you! I can't speak enough about how much she helped to keep the day moving appropriately and left no stress to the bride and groom at all! As far as her photos, they speak for themselves, They are gorgeous and do not disappoint! After our engagement photos came out and were... PERFECT, I just couldn't wait to have her behind the camera for the wedding. All in all, if you are looking for a dedicated, hardworking photographer that takes amazing photos, and most importantly, truly cares about you and your day, Dawn Gibson is the girl for you!

Sent on 11/28/2015

sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

She was wonderful for my sister melissa's wedding! The weather wasn't the greatest for the outdoor pictures but she used everything to her advantage to get unique and beautiful pictures. She is very fun and friendly and you can tell she loves what she does and always thinking of the next beautiful picture. I really enjoyed how much she incoprotard both the bridal party and family and took pictures of everyone throughout the night!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Daniel · Married on 09/12/2015

Dawn Gibson helped turn our depressingly dour and damp, rainy wedding into a most wonderous occasion! She constantly went above and beyond to make sure that she captured the greatest moments of our day. Despite the rain, she shot the most beautiful photos that have ever been taken of my wife and I. Dawn Gibson for president!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/12/2015

I cannot say enough good words about our experience working with Dawn Gibson, but I’m certainly going to try!

From the first day that we met to this very day, Dawn has gone above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was perfect. Working with her goes so far beyond photography – she was there for us in every capacity throughout the entire experience. Not only is she incredibly kind, attentive, flexible, and hard working, she is also the most ridiculously talented photographer you could ever hope to work with.

Let’s set the scene for our wedding day: RAIN. Unrelenting, nonstop rain throughout the entire day. When the forecast decided to not give us a glimmer of hope for sunshine during our outdoor wedding, Dawn was the one to give me a pep talk and keep me optimistic for the beautiful day ahead. On the day of our very soggy wedding, Dawn stood in the downpour, in puddles, and in the bushes to make sure that the images she captured were absolutely perfect. As our reception raged well into the night, she stayed later than we had asked her to! She told me afterwards that she couldn’t stand to leave when there were so many incredible memories being made that she knew I would want pictures of.

After the wedding was wrapped up, she did one more insanely generous thing for us – she offered to come all the way back to Canandaigua two days later to take photos of us in the sunshine. Of course we took her up on it, and she spent over two hours on a glorious afternoon capturing intimate shots of us back in our full wedding attire. I couldn’t believe the level of care and commitment she put into giving us the photos of our dreams, it takes a very special kind of person to do that. So please, do not look any further for your photographer – you are looking at someone who will exceed all of your expectations and dedicate herself to making your wedding perfect! Hands down, working with Dawn was the best decision we made for our wedding.

Sent on 11/02/2015

I was the mother of the bride, and I can't say enough about Dawn and what an amazing job she did! Her photography is outstanding - she so impressively captured the very special moments and fun times, but also took many "artistic" shots which were absolutely beautiful. I have not seen better photos anywhere. But what really makes Dawn extra special is what a great person she is! She is just so nice, and flexible - and incredibly hard working! My daughter had an outdoor wedding and unfortunately it rained all day without stop. Dawn was such a trooper - standing in the rain to get shots of family who were under shelter. All with a big smile, a sense of humor and making the best of it! She really cares about capturing the special moments as best as possible for her customers, and is willing to do (and offer) to do extras to make things turn out great. Thank you Dawn for the wonderful photographic memories!