Dawn Eicher Photography Reviews

Dawn Eicher Photography 6
Dawn Eicher Photography 7
  • Will

Will Dannemann · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Like getting photos taken by a friend, but way better

Dawn was an absolute dream to work with. We got along with her immediately and she did a fantastic job of making us feel comfortable in front of the camera. In addition, her technical skills are on point, and she really brought out the best of both of us (and our guests) through both her photos and the post processing that she did after the fact. And she's fast! She was able to get us pictures to share with friends and family (and our Thank You cards) very quickly. Given the chance, we'd definitely hire her again.

Sent on 10/12/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 13
    Dawn Eicher Photography 14

Taylor Andersen · Married on 09/01/2019

AMAZING Experience for Our Kona Wedding

We got married on the big island of Hawaii (site unseen), and Dawn helped make the entire experience easy and stress free. She was with us every step of the way from the early planning process to ensure that we planned around the time of sunset and any logistical challenges we may face, to the wedding day itself, where she captured all of our special moments before and during the wedding. Her calming presence and continuous support were so appreciated. Not to mention that the quality of her work is outstanding, and we are so incredibly pleased with the sneak peek photos that we have seen. We are dying to see the rest! I would recommend Dawn as a wedding photographer to anyone, we are so grateful to have been able to work with her!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 15
    Dawn Eicher Photography 16
    Dawn Eicher Photography 17

Andrew Lasnab · Married on 06/27/2019

Wonderful & Skilled Big Island Photographer!

From the moment I spoke to Dawn, I knew she was the photographer I wanted to help capture our engagement on the Big Island. Never having visited Kona, the variety of options for places to propose was overwhelming, but Dawn helped me narrow down my list to places that were beautiful at sunset but would still allow us to be close to our hotel so my proposal could be a before dinner surprise. She was available to speak by phone several times to help me understand the pros and cons of each potential proposal setting. This was well above and beyond what I expected. Dawn and I decided on exactly what I was looking for and she even set up a trail of fresh plumeria from her own garden and set it up to mark a trail to the spot. A few days before, she sent a map of the exact spot to me.

Now for the most important part, our photos turned out to be stunning. I am someone who is discerning and usually consider several options before deciding on who to go with. I looked through many many galleries before deciding on Dawn. Her combination of experience shooting proposals/couples and her knowledge of the area helped choose the perfect setting and lighting conditions. I chose to have shoot the proposal with a shorter set and then have a longer engagement shoot the following evening so my fiancée would have the chance to choose her outfit and the setting. While these were engagement photos (as opposed to a full wedding), Dawn treated us so well. We communicated directly with her and she was the photographer who took our photos - rather than an assistant or someone from her company.

Dawn rushed us a few handpicked photos the next day so we could display them at our engagement party when we returned home, which was a very nice touch. The remainder of the gallery was sent to us within a few weeks as was promised. I emailed her a few times following our return home and she always replied promptly and graciously.

This was the first time my fiancée and I had anyone take professional photos of us and the experience was perfect. The result was a set of photos that will help is remember our engagement forever. Dawn was a pleasure to work with and exceptionally skilled at her craft. Hearing her life story and the way she found herself in photography was an additional reason we were so happy to work with her and support her. We will be back on the Big Island and hope to hire Dawn again for other milestones in our life! She has our highest recommendation. I am certain that you will not be disappointed choosing her as your photographer.

Sent on 08/17/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 18

sanja roje · Married on 06/18/2019

Perfect wedding

Yes Dawn is extremely good at what she does! We had an amazing wedding at a beach and she captured perfect shots at perfect moments including sunset and sea turtles! She knows her surroundings and knows how to incorporate that into photos with her clients.
    I was impressed that she slung two cameras around her neck and could switch back and forth fluidly for the different lens options.

The final shots came out great! Dawn spends time doing the photo touches on computer before sending them to us. You will like the way they are delivered. You can download and order prints easily.

Finally, Dawn is fun and personable. She was perfect for us!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Teshia Slotterbeck · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing photos

Dawn is an amazing photographer! She captured our wedding day perfectly!! She is kind, knowledgeable, funny, has a creative eye, fit in great with my husband/myself & our guests. I would highly recommend her for your wedding day!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 19
  • Alex

Alex Alexander · Married on 05/01/2019

Best Photography and Wedding Planning

Dawn and her husband helped us create the most magical wedding we could have imagined for ourselves. And the pictures are amazing. We were so happy.

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 20

Bree Waugh · Married on 04/26/2019

Absolutely recommend!

Dawn is nothing short of incredible.

We’d flown over to Hawaii from Australia and were completely at the mercy of our planner and Dawn. It turns out that this was exactly the thing thing to do.

Dawn took the most beautiful photos. They’re intimate whist still being incredibly polished.

She knew all the best ways and places for hus and I to stand and do- which left is with absolutely incredible results.

Thanks again, Dawn (and sorry again about the water

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 21
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/08/2019

Seriously the Best Ever!

Dawn was so responsive and willing to chat through everything before we even booked her. She was so open and had great ideas. Choosing your photographer is so important. Photos are one of the only things that you can hold onto after the day (besides each other of course!) so I wanted one that was not only an excellent photographer, but was someone I wanted to spend all day with! In Dawn I found both (and her prices were super reasonable!) We chatted multiple times leading up to the event and she met us the day before at our rehearsal. That was really nice so that we could see where she envisioned different shots and gave me a good idea of what to expect. Then the day of our wedding she was early, cool, calm, and collected. While I was none of those things! She truly put me at ease when I was stressed about the time and miraculously kept us on schedule without rushing. She made us feel like friends and like our wedding was the best ever. Dawn has this amazing way of just making you feel your best which is exactly what you want on your big day. And then we got our pics! And OMG we could not stop smiling and gushing over how great they are. She sent them on time and the quality was fantastic. If you are considering booking Dawn, just do it! She is top notch!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 27
    Dawn Eicher Photography 28
    Dawn Eicher Photography 29

Molly Von Doersten · Married on 03/26/2019

Everything you want and more!

Dawn was AMAZING, and incredibly reasonably priced! I initially contacted for engagement photos while in Hawaii, but my fiancé’s family also wanted family photos. She was SO flexible with getting everyone the photos they wanted from engagement, large and small family, and expecting! I am in LOVE with our “sneak peak” photos, and cannot wait to see the rest! Her eye was fantastic and the locations were stunning! I would highly recommend for any of your photography needs!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Dawn Eicher Photography 30

Jason · Married on 02/15/2019

Simply the best

Dawn was sensational and magnificent - truly! From planning, where she sent me a detailed PDF with photos and instructions on where the surprise would take place, to the photo shoot where she effortlessly guided us through different scenes, to post-production where Dawn was timely and did an incredible job, we can't say enough about our experience.

I actually spoke to 7 different photographers before selecting Dawn, who not only has an inspiring story and I was so happy to support her, but also was by far the most responsive and friendly.

Dawn is truly talented and we had such joy and pleasure working with her. Thanks for everything, Dawn! You were magical.

Sent on 03/29/2019