David's Country Inn Reviews

David's Country Inn 5
David's Country Inn 6
David's Country Inn 7

kyle · Married on 11/01/2013

This post is long over due.... I wanted to say an ENORMOUS thank you to Chris, Carolyn, Lisa, and Jordan and the rest of the staff at David's Country Inn for making our wedding day just amazing.

From the very first time i stepped foot in the inn I KNEW it in my heart that this was the place i wanted to marry my (now) husband. Upon meeting Chris, and learning about the inn, and how they came to own it I could tell that this was the type of person I wanted to work with when planning my wedding. Not only was Chris so easy to work with, he provided me with answers to all of my questions, references if needed, and suggestions when I was in need of some guidance with the logistics for the day. Chris truly was a major deciding factor in choosing to have our wedding here. We are a very family oriented couple, and to have someone who loves his business, and emanates that upon meeting him just truly sealed the deal for us.

From day one of planning, to our wedding day I am truly pleased with everything that happened for our day. Chris made it a part to come and check on me when getting ready, and it truly put a smile on my face to see him there making sure everything was running smoothly and that nothing was going astray on our day.

We also used Lisa the florist, and our flowers came out absolutely gorgeous, guests were raving about how beautiful they looked. I was truly amazed.The food was amazing, and the venue speaks for itself. Words can not describe how happy we are that we found this place. If anyone is looking for a romantic, elegant, homey-feeling venue with a staff that is beyond compare, definitely take a look at the inn. The venue is beautiful, with such character that you do not get anywhere else. Thank you to everyone at the inn that provide us and our family and friends with an amazing wedding and memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 04/04/2014
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2013

First and foremost - the wedding venue is magnificent, but I want to specifically review their in-house florist.

Months prior to the wedding, my husband, sister (a bridesmaid), mother and in-laws sat down with Lisa at David's to discuss the infinite flower options for our October wedding. Armed with a book of pictures, colors and example bouquets, we began to page through everything to develop our floral details. Prior to meeting my husband and I (and with the help of my sister) searched online for examples of what we liked. I had a dark, crisp orange as my primary wedding color and I wanted my bouquets to pick-up those tones.

After showing Lisa what we liked, she helped develop the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres (all which came out absolutely incredible). Since we were having a rustic wedding, she also added twine to the flowers in place of ribbon to add an extra little detail.

We then moved onto our centerpieces. I knew I didn't want something super tall and I had found a picture of tree trunks with flowers on top that I thought would be a nice way to go for our centerpieces. Three simple words I have for what transpired from our conversations - SHE NAILED IT. The flowers were an enchanting combination of orange, blush, white, yellow and greens. We added moss around the base of 6-inch tree trunk pieces (which my husband hand cut) along with small tea lights. The cake flowers were also added with a bit of the moss at the base - which was just the right amount of "extra" to make it really pop.

This is someone that knows (in my opinion) everything necessary to make you an unique product. She listened and recommended what she thought would best achieve the look I was going for and I couldn't have asked for a better florist.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/03/2013

There aren't enough good things I can say about this hidden gem of a venue. I had high standards and the entire staff met every single one of them. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day a dream come true. Anything I needed prior to the day of, they were on it, and I don't think they could have possibly been more on top of things on the day of our wedding.
    Coming out of the church I fell on my wedding dress, luckily I had a second dress to wear for the reception. When I got to davids, the very first thing I wanted to do was change and Jordan was right there in the bathroom taking charge helping me undress and get into my second dress, it was so kind of her to involve herself like that.
    The entire night went flawlessly. They all followed myself and my husband around making sure we ate. My guests raved about the food and the dessert display was like nothing I had ever seen before far exceeded my expectations. Cocktail hour blew everyone away, and Jordan and Chris, the two amazing owners, were extremely flexible in helping me to create a unique and over the top, different cocktail how. They were receptive to all of my ideas, and everything I wanted to try, even things they have actually never tried before.
    Bottom line, this venue stops at nothing to please. The only thing I regret, it not being able to spend MORE time there, and not eating the desserts and appetizers! For cocktail hour I was too busy trying to get into my other dress to sample the food, they even brought cocktail hour to myself and my husband.
    Simply an amazing place to have your reception.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/07/2013

Amazing venue, wonderful staff, and an excellent value! It was so nice to have the cake and centerpiece flowers included in the price already so I did not have to worry about them! Nearly two months later people are still raving about the food and beauty of the venue! Jordan was a pleasure to work with as was the rest of the staff. You can not go wrong choosing David's for your wedding reception destination!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/24/2013

David's goes above and beyond! Our wedding day was more than amazing! Guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the food and venue!!!

Sent on 08/31/2013
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 08/17/2013

We cannot speak highly enough of David's Country Inn. The professional staff works hard make your wedding perfect. Not only was our wedding day perfect, but I couldn’t have asked for a better experience planning our wedding with Chris and the staff at David’s.

From our first communication with David’s, we only had positive interactions with the staff. Chris took a genuine interest in us and what we desired for our wedding which made the booking and planning processes so easy. Jordan and Carolyn also helped the planning process go smoothly. We planned the wedding from North Carolina and the distance did not seem create any problems and I attribute that to the wonderful communication from the staff at David’s. Being able to trust the staff allowed me to concentrate on personalizing the wedding.

Our wedding day was perfect. From the moment we showed up, we were offered drinks and felt at ease. The flowers and accents enhanced and personalized the already beautiful building. Our ceremony did not last as long as we expected but the transition to cocktail hour still went perfectly and we didn’t even notice what had happened until we asked Carolyn later that night. One of the highlights of our wedding day was our personal Maitre D’. He let us know when food would arrive and covered it up if we were not at the table. We (the bride and groom) ate a full meal and were able to enjoy all of the delicious food we had selected. Any small requests we made, such as a cider toast, no dressing on the groom’s salad, and a specific topping at the ice cream bar were honored and I didn’t have to think about it before or on our wedding day.

The guests have done nothing but rave about David’s in the month since our wedding. Thank you to everyone at David’s who made it such an incredible day. Our experience with David’s Country Inn exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend it for anyone who is planning their wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Erin · Married on 08/03/2013

From start to finish, the staff went above and beyond any of my expectations. They were helpful in planning out every detail and were accommodating to anything that was requested. We were able to customize our menu for an appetizer they didn't have. They went out and found it for us and are even adding it to their menu since it was such a hit. The food was delicious! From the cocktail hour all the way through to cake. The staff was so attentive and friendly. They communicated and worked with all of my other vendors to ensure everything was coordinated and timely. Things went on without a hitch and I couldn't have done it without the help of Chris and Carolyn specifically. I've already starting referring them!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/13/2013

I honestly can't say enough great things about David's. From the day we visited the venue last year up until our wedding day on July 13th, the staff have gone above and beyond to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be and more. Jordan and her family are just amazing. You can tell they really care about their clients and will do everything to make your wedding the best day of your life. No matter how many annoying emails and phone calls I made throughout the planning process, Jordan and the staff responded right away and were always so friendly and on top of their game.

Carolyn came to David's during the latter part of our planning and she was also just as amazing as the rest of the staff. She picked up right where Jordan left off (she went on maternity leave) and we never felt any doubt that everything would be in place.

The venue itself is beautiful and you won't find another one like it in NJ. It is unique and was built in the 1800s. You get the whole venue to yourself for the night which is great, and there are so many rooms and areas for your guests to mingle in. I was in love with the cocktail hour area which has brick walls and a stained glass ceiling, as well as an old timey bar. There is also a large bridal suite you and your party can use to get ready in the morning. That was very convenient for us as I had 7 bridesmaids plus my mom. They even offered us champagne while we got ready. It was the little touches like that that made David's so great to work with.

The food is outstanding. There is such a great variety of food to choose from, especially for the cocktail hour. Our guests loved things like the tomato soup shooter with mini grilled cheese. Again, you won't get things like that at other venues. And you can not beat the price. They include flowers for the tables as well as a cake from Palermo's Bakery which is delicious.

If you want a unique, beautiful wedding with outstanding food and service, go to David's.

Sent on 07/28/2013

I just recently had my wedding at David's on June 29th and it was so unbelievably beautiful. From the minute I stepped foot into the venue when I was searching for places to have the wedding, I was in love. The building is a restored mansion and features two stories that guests are allowed to explore, along with the most gorgeous cocktail hour room with a stained glass ceiling and vintage-looking bar. The main dining room has amazing chandeliers and is gorgeous. Throughout the whole process of planning the wedding, Chris worked with me to help me create the wedding of my dreams. He was very clear about costs and what would be expected, and even worked with me towards the very end when I was not going to meet the minimum number of guests required. If there were any questions I had or anything I needed, Chris would assist me immediately, and he was a pleasure to work with. I loved that David's is a family-owned business as I think it made for a more intimate wedding.
    I sent Chris some pictures of what I wanted my centerpieces to look like, as they have an on-site florist and include floral centerpieces in your package, and the florist replicated them beautifully! I opted for the centerpiece upgrade and am so glad I did, because the centerpieces looked so full and lush. I also opted to use the long hanging crystals that are available for the centerpieces, and it really added a nice, sparkling touch to the entire room. As for the night of the wedding, I should start by saying that the appetizers were simply amazing. I chose the tomato soup shooters, meatball parmesan shooters, bacon-wrapped scallops, and stuffed mushrooms, along with many other delicious appetizers to choose from. I also chose to do a signature cocktail, and did purple margaritas (as my color was purple) and they were perfect- not too sweet or too alcoholic-tasting. The guests loved them! The meal itself was delicious, as well. We chose to do the chateaubriand and the chicken royale (which was my fav

Sent on 07/05/2013

Laura · Married on 06/22/2013

David's is a exceptional venue that makes the entire wedding planning process so easy. From the time we walked into the venue, we fell in love with it. The entire staff was a pleasure to work with and Chris and Carolyn took all of my worries away. The day was perfect! The flowers were perfect, the food was exceptional and everything ran smoothly. I used all of their recommendations for my other vendors and could not have been happier. I would recommend David's to any bride!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Katrina · Married on 02/23/2013

I can't even describe the level of service and elegance that David's provided. Not only is the venue charming, the service is unparalleled, the food fantastic, and the attention to detail refined.

Sent on 03/11/2013

Jenna · Married on 12/08/2012

10 stars for David’s Country Inn! Nestled on Main Street in Hackettstown, the historical building was the PERFECT setting for our winter wedding. Jordan was such a pleasure to work with and made all of our dreams come to life. The staff was top-notch, the food was amazing and the ambiance compares to no other. My only complaint is that I can’t do it all over again! Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts for everything you have done to make our wedding reception so special and memorable. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 02/25/2013

Shana · Married on 12/07/2012

I don't even know where to begin with David's Country Inn! Every single thing about our wedding day was perfect! I worked closely with the Falzarano family, especially Jordan - and she answered all the crazy questions I had, at any time of day and was always available with her support. All of our guests were completely blown away with the beauty of the Inn - we had a Winter Wedding - so with the candles, the lit Christmas trees, the garland and fireplaces going, it was beautiful. Everyone raved about the food, especially the appetizers during cocktail hour. The best part is that the whole venue is to yourself for the whole day, so you get full individualized attention from the staff and they take care of everything for you - I didn't have to worry about a thing! Your centerpieces, wedding cake and favors are included along with your price! You guys made us look good ;) I also ordered our wedding invitations through the Inn, and they looked gorgeous and matched our theme perfectly. And even our vendors (photo, video and entertainment) were taken back by the beauty and uniqueness of Davids. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS - for giving us the most beautiful wedding day ever! If you want the perfect wedding, you will go to Davids :)

Sent on 12/27/2012

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2012

The entire staff at David's well exceeded our expectations!!!! The food was fantasic...the wait staff professional...and the entire Inn is beautiful. I am so happy we went with David's, I had my dream wedding!!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Mayra · Married on 11/30/2012

David's Country Inn made our wedding ceremony and reception more than I could have ever imagined let alone actually created. I was breathtakingly beautiful. They catered to me all day, from 10:30am till I left at 11:30p; Always with a smile. Throughout the year of us planning our wedding Christopher and his staff were 100% professional and attentive as if I was the only bride in the entire year they were working with. Christopher and Lisa, the florist, listened to all my needs and wants and created an amazing wedding for us. From the Holiday wreaths on the doors in the ball room, the mantels decorated in Holiday greens to the beautiful Christmas tree next to a fireplace with a fire going. Every little detail was done with taste and class. I still can't believe that was our wedding! When I first visited David's Country Inn, it wasn't decorated for any event and I found the venue to be beautiful just the way it was. So when I walked in the morning of our wedding to see it all dressed up for me, I was beside myself! Thank you David's Country Inn...you treated us like we were the only bride and groom you had to work with, your food was amazing, your staff are all so sweet and kind, and very helpful! .... I have already recommended a friend to you and she gets to have the same joy you brought me in a just a few months! Thank you from us and all our friends and family!

Sent on 12/26/2012

Cuyler · Married on 11/24/2012

My wife had a feeling this was going to be a wonderful place to host our wedding and reception, just by the images online. She was right. The place was gorgeous. I was worried that it would be too expensive because of how impressed I was with the venue but it actually was right in our price range and VERY comparable for a NJ venue.
    As far as the management and staff, Chris, Jordan and everyone we dealt with were so helpful and always got right back to us when we had a question.
    Our wedding went so smoothly and the vibe Chris gave allowed my wife and everyone else to remain clam throughout the preparation, ceremony and reception. No one was pushy at all. They did a wonderful job allowing us to run the show, while offering their advice and management skills, while providing us with as much as we needed, in terms of decor and planning.
    Everyone that came to our wedding said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to and were so impressed with the inn and how it offered so much character and elegance to our day. I can't imagine recommending any place else but David's.

Sent on 01/02/2013
  • User2871984 · 2+ years ago

My Husband and I could not have picked a better venue to get married at. Our wedding happened right after hurricane sandy. Chris called us right away letting us know they still had power.

The day of was amazing. Making sure we were taken care of. My guests are still talking about how great of a place it was.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Kimberly · Married on 11/03/2012

David's Country Inn is truly a special place. The space itself is beautiful, the in-house florist is an incredible value and the food was great -- but what sets this venue apart from every other place in Jersey are the owners. Chris and Jordan are the epitome of professional - they really make you feel like their only clients, despite how busy they are. Our wedding was perfect from start to finish, and Chris and Jordan were very supportive and helpful at every touchpoint. I would wholeheartedly recommend David's to any bride who wants a phenomenal wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2012

We had our wedding reception at David's Country Inn on October 20, 2012 and had Jordan as our planner, she was absolutely fantastic. The entire hall was decorated beautifully with an autumn feel. Our guests all said they really loved the place, very warm and cozy. Cocktail hour food was very good as was the main course. Soup was delicious.
    The only problem we ran into were the table arrangements, our bridal party with their guests were supposed to be on either side of us but one table was moved into the corner.
    All in all the place is great, the staff is top notch too. We would definitely recommend David's to our family and friends!

Sent on 02/13/2013

Meredith · Married on 10/13/2012

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at David's on Oct 13, 2012 and I can't possibly say enough wonderful things! I worked with Jordan Ferrara (nee Falzarano), and it was so easy and stress free. Not only that, the place is just so beautiful and full of character, it was exactly what we'd hoped for. This is a family run affair, and it shows in the best way possible.

For us: We wanted a warm, fun reception for 150 people with a buffet dinner. We're based in Boston, so we had to be able to plan from afar. And finally, our two sets of parents are good friends, so it was going to be a family affair with respect to planning.

I visited 8-10 venues, and David's was heads-and-shoulders above the rest. First off, the place is gorgeous. It was spot-on for old fashioned, quirky, warm and intimate kind of vibe we wanted. The ballroom is great for both ceremony and reception, perfect size and nicely dramatic. The cocktail rooms are fabulous as well, gorgeous antique bar, brick walls, stained glass ceilings, and fireplaces. You really have to see it to see how fantastic it is.

Next, the service is impeccable. When we first visited, Jordan immediately involved the whole family in dialogue, which is crucial. At other venues, the planners only spoke to me and it was "about my perfect day" which is not where I was coming from at all. David's package options were reasonably priced and inclusive; it has ceremony, venue, bar, food, flowers, cake, and terrific add ons! I picked the buffet option and the food great. Also, Jordan easily worked with me from a distance via email and phone. Also, her staff and vendor reccos (DJ, makeup, videographer) were terrific, made it so much easier for me to plan. On the day itself, Jordan nailed the balance of being available for our needs and running the show seamlessly; we were well cared for with personalized service. Everything about this was perfect and I highly recommend it.

Sent on 10/22/2012

I got married at David's country in yesterday, 9/29/12. The best word to describe David's Country Inn is "Magical". From the time I made my first inquiry phone call 7 months ago I knew that this place was special. I got off the phone with Chris, one of the owners and said to myself this was the nicest person I had spoken to in my hunt for a venue. From there we worked with his sister, Jordan, who guided us through the entire process of planning our wedding at David's. Everything was taken care of and it made our wedding planning EASY. Another plus about our package at David's was that all of our table flowers were included. Our wedding cake was ALSO included in our package and Palermo Bakery(they make cakes for Tom Cruise, for instance) was also included. My family was impressed with the tasting, particularly because many venues do not offer this service. The staff was pleasant and very hard working. They made my entire family feel at home. And that's exactly what Davids was for our wedding day, a home. The venue looks like and old Mansion, they only do one event a day (no bride A and bride B), and we were able to add our special touches. They made our signature rum punch, we were able to incorporate my Aunt's special conch dish into cocktail hour, we had old family photos scattered throughout.

Long and short of it, David's Country Inn--from the venue to the staff--is the ideal location for a wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2012

This venue is not for everyone. If you want a generic, standard, easily forgettable venue, look elsewhere. From the moment you walk into David's Country Inn you will know that this is the place for a one-of-a-kind event.

The beautiful restoration of the common rooms gives an air of grace, dignity and quaint charm that you just can't find at any old banquet hall. Carefully chosen antiques sit on tables and a detail oriented eye can't notice every small detail in just one visit. The bridal suite is a dream, with plenty of mirrors, a vanity, chaise lounge and tables for all the ladies to primp before the ceremony. One small modern detail here: a digital safe for you to stash valuables such as cash gratuities.

Chris, Jordan and all of the staff are professional and efficient, but also make you feel like they have just been waiting for you to walk through the door. I truly felt that they cared about me and my special day: I was not just a name and a contract. We had a brief episode of illness, and everyone was incredibly helpful and had genuine concern.

As with most brides, I ate little more than a few bites of cake, but everyone else has been raving about the food. I know that the hors d'ouvres at the tasting were delicious!

All of our guests could not stop commenting on what a perfect venue we had chosen. I had no doubt. As soon as I saw David's, I knew this was exactly where I wanted to get married. My fairytale wedding came true!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Shari · Married on 06/29/2012

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for providing us with the wedding of our dreams! It is impossible to put into words the gratitude we have for the experience that you, and the entire staff at David’s Country Inn, provided us with.

Planning a wedding can be stressful, time consuming and scary! Not only did we fall in love with the Inn at our first meeting, but we fell in love with you too! We knew that you would provide an easy, simple, stress free road to our big day, and you did just that! You made time to meet with us whenever needed and always made yourself accessible for questions. You provided information for other services we needed, gave us a timeline to work off of, guided us every step of the way and took the mystery out of floral arrangements! Working with you was like having a personal wedding planner at no additional cost!

After months of planning came the big day! The services provided just confirmed that we made the right choice by choosing David’s Country Inn! Our guests are still talking about that night! Everyone was taken by the attention to detail, the flowers, candles, food and of course the employees of the Inn.

The food was absolutely amazing! It was nothing like the food you typically get at weddings held at the “manors” that pride themselves in providing a great experience. It was of a much higher quality, tasted like homemade (with a gourmet flare) and was simply delicious!

The flowers were beautiful and wrapping them for the guest is such a nice touch. That is just one example of the obvious attention to detail. The candles added an ambiance not commonly seen and just accentuated the breath taking charm of the Inn. The cake was beautiful and tasted like heaven!

You and your family obviously have high standards in selecting employees for the Inn. Lisa and Rob made sure that we were always on cue, and that all the needs of our guest were tended to. They both made us feel special and helped to make the night a complete success. Connie and Barbara were the best bartenders ever! They had vast knowledge and were very friendly and accommodating. The rest of the staff was just as impressive, professional and friendly.

David’s is undoubtedly the best of best. We can only hope that our marriage will be as magical as our wedding. We truly can’t thank you enough!

Sincerely,

James & Shari Ireland

Sent on 07/18/2012

Amy · Married on 06/15/2012

From the moment I first walked in to David's Country Inn and all the way to my wedding day, they have been professional, friendly, extremely knowledgable, and beyond helpful. I could have never had such a beautiful wedding without their expertise and I am so thankful to everyone there. From the owners, Jordan and Chris to Teddy, Lisa, Rob and the Chef for the outstanding food I thank everyone for such a beautiful and magical night!

Sent on 06/30/2012

Megan · Married on 05/19/2012

Chris and Jordan do an AMAZING job at making you feel special- there were there for everything

Sent on 06/29/2012