David William Ross Reviews

David William Ross 4
David William Ross 5

Michelle Malnati · Getting married on 04/12/2021

David ross

I highly recommend him and he was very easy to work with.

Sent on 01/02/2020

Mark · Married on 01/01/2020

Great musician!

David was the perfect ceremony music for our event

Sent on 10/25/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks so much Mark! It was a pleasure to play for you - congratulations and wishing the very best, David

Tara Griesbach · Married on 12/21/2019

Amazing instrumentalist!

I highly recommend David. He was a pleasure to work with and an absolutely amazing musician! Could not be happier!

Sent on 01/04/2020

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Tara! I had a nice time playing for and your family - congratulations, I wish you both the very best!

- David
  • Emily

Emily Turner · Married on 11/09/2019

Best decision I made for my wedding!

I don’t know where to start with David because from the moment I emailed him to the day of my wedding he was so wonderful. An absolute pleasure to communicate with, he always responded to me quickly and was very accommodating. On my wedding day there were a few hiccups and David played through that making everything less noticeable and much smoother. He made my wedding day SO special and beautiful. My guests enjoyed every song and I got so many compliments and questions regarding him. I could not be more grateful to have found David and to be blessed in having him be a part of my special day.

Sent on 11/21/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you, Emily, for these kind words! I had a great time and thought everything turned out beautifully, the hiccups must have been subtle or behind the scenes (or maybe I was just so intent on playing, I did not notice!) - wonderful to meet you both as well as many of your guests and family, everyone was very warm and welcoming, a great group of people. Thanks so much, I hope the very best for you!

- David
  • Lexi

Lexi · Married on 10/12/2019

Better than we imagined!

David is amazing!! We had such an easy experience from booking to selecting songs to execution on the big day. He made sure all his questions were answered far ahead of time so we had nothing to worry about on the day. His music is so beautiful and created the perfect atmosphere for our ceremony and cocktail hour. His prices were extremely reasonable as well. I really can’t recommend him highly enough, thank you David!

Sent on 10/17/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you! Great working with you as well and loved the venue. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and many more to come!

Best,

Meghan Whirley · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Wedding Guitarist

We were so lucky to find David for our ceremony and cocktail musician. He provided exactly the right ambiance for both occasions as David is incredibly talented. Working with him leading up to the wedding was also so smooth and helpful. He guided us towards songs that work best with acoustic guitar (as I requested) and was so flexible for any question or request. We highly recommend working without David for your wedding or other occasion.

Sent on 10/07/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Meghan! I'm so glad everything went as you had envisioned! It was such a beautiful day to be up in VT too, you all really had the perfect little window of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy week!

Congratulations to you both!

Maria M · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing amazing

David was AMAZING. So quick with responses and so accommodating. We had some unique and unusual requests for our ceremony (we wanted the Marvel Avengers theme song haha) and he was able to provide us with exactly what we wanted and it was the most amazing experience we could have asked for!! Our cocktail hour was beautiful and he is so talented and wonderful. I highly highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Maria! I'm so glad it went over well, it was fun playing something a little unusual during the ceremony. A number of guests quickly identified the Hobbits theme and a few others had it on the tip of their tongue. It's funny how appropriate it is for a ceremony... kind of has a Pachelbel's Canon feel but a little updated in a way.

Congratulations! Glad you both had a wonderful day!

• Scott

Scott Rushford · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Guitarist

David William Ross was a pleasure to work with! He was responsive to all our requests and developed a repertoire for my daughter to review for her wedding ceremony and cocktail hour.
    David's instrumental sound was beautiful and flowed seamlessly! Our families are grateful for the musical talents he shared at our daughter's wedding.
    Thank you David!

Sent on 10/01/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you! I'm sure your daughter also appreciates the efforts you put into making things happen so smoothly. Happy to have been a part of it!

Very Best - David

Christian · Married on 09/14/2019

Tremendous Guitarist, Consummate Professional

David is a fantastic guitarist, and a consummate professional. He was able to play our ceremony on short notice, custom tailor the song selection per our requests, and delivered a flawless performance. Really made our day that much more special, and so glad to have worked with him. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Christian! I really appreciate these kind words and I'm so glad that I was able to add something to the occasion. I had a lot of fans at your cocktail hour too which is always a definite plus!

Very best to you both- David
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 08/17/2019

Hire Him!!!

We had David play music for our ceremony and I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions we made! His music playing was exceptional and we received so many compliments from our guests. David was very receptive to song suggestions and the planning process was a breeze. The songs and the way he plays the guitar is breathtaking. We had a receiving line after our ceremony and David stayed the extra hour to play which really set the mood and atmosphere and kept our guests entertained. When he was setting up before the ceremony, he played a song for us while we were taking our first look photos and I was stunned at how beautiful it sounded. We would hire him again in an instant, you need his guitar playing! Thanks again David!!!

Sent on 09/16/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Alex! I really appreciate those kind words - it was a pleasure to play for you and the setting was equally stunning. I hope are both doing well! Congratulations! - David
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfect Wedding Music

We had David for our ceremony music and cocktail hour. As soon as I discovered him I knew I had to inquire for our big day. He was extremely quick to respond and easy to work with. We received so many compliments on his beautiful music! He is extremely talented and plays a wide variety from Beatles covers to classical. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/03/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you Brittany! It was truly a pleasure to work with you as well - it was a great day in a beautiful setting and I'm glad that I was able to add something to your moment. Wishing you both the best, David

Miluzka · Married on 07/21/2019

Mother of the bride

David played his beautiful guitar at my daughter’s wedding and did an extraordinary job. He delivered with passion, and his exceptional performance added a special touch to the ceremony and the cocktail hour. David was reliable and helped us customize the wedding songs. A word to describe his talent is... perfecto!

Sent on 07/26/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure for me as well and I always appreciate the solid ceremony song requests. I will definitely be adding yours to the repertoire! Congratulations to the couple and thank you for having me, so good to connect - David

Alissa · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful Guitarist!

David was fantastic! He even customized a personal song to sing with one of my bridesmaids. Everyone enjoyed his music and he was on time and very responsive. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/23/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Alissa! I really appreciate the feedback and am so glad to hear that I got a good response from your guests as well. It was my pleasure to work to put together the special song - beautifully sung by your bridesmaid I should add. Thanks again and I wish you the very best, congratulations! - David

Caroline Conti · Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent Wedding musician

David played at our wedding in Vermont and he was fantastic! He checked in with us a few times before the wedding to get all details and even learned songs for us! Our guests loved him and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/17/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks so much Caroline! It was a pleasure and so glad to receive the positive feedback. Congratulations to you both, very best - David
  • Emily

Emily Welsh · Married on 05/27/2019

Full confidence from miles away - So grateful.

From the very first email inquiry to the last note David played on our wedding day, we could not have been happier with the experience. We received so many compliments from our guests! Unlike other musicians we submitted an inquiry to, David was straight forward and personal with no pretense from the very beginning. He clearly spelled out the investment and each step of the process setting expectations for our role and how he would support us through it. It didn't take ten email exchanges to get basic information like it did with other possible options. Each time I had a question David promptly responded.

With a love of music and of course a desire to make our wedding personal, we had a unique hymn and processional that we wanted played that wasn't listed on his already extensive repertoire - all we had to do was ask. We found a YouTube version that we liked as an example and sent it over, and David made it happen in conjunction with the violinist, Marcia, he chose to work with for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I will forever remember my walk down the aisle to, "When You Say Nothing At All" and the beautiful rendition of "When Love is Found" that we played in the middle of our ceremony. It was so special.

I should also add that my now husband and I were planning our wedding from 1,439 (to be specific) miles away and didn't even meet David in person until the day of the wedding. In fact, because we were so confident in our communications with David (and his abilities), we didn't even speak with him on the phone - just through email (our choice... I'm sure he would be more than happy to speak with you on the phone!). With such a well thought out website that includes extensive videos and sound clips of a wide variety of genres, we knew we had the right musician and person.

In addition to David's musical ability, we really appreciated his flexibility as we had to move ceremony locations last minute due to a wet field. Not only did David promptly reply to that email, "Not to worry I have a lot of extension cords!" and never miss a beat, he even followed up after the wedding that he liked that location even more than the original - to a nervous bride, there is no better feeling than the verification we made the right decision. The process was seamless and the microphone he provided for our minister and our guest readers was perfect, not a bit of feedback or noise despite a very windy day! We would happily hire David again and again -- I hope we have a future event to do so (maybe my sister's wedding?!)! If you're looking for an incredible musician and an even better person, you can't go wrong with David Ross.

My only regret? That we didn't get to spend more time getting to know him and Marcia in person at the wedding! It was a whirlwind.

Gratefully,
    Your Northern Transplant Bride & Groom
    Emily & Joseph Kohler

Sent on 06/20/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you so much Emily for these kind and thoughtful words! It's always a great feeling to know that I added the right touch to someone's day and was able to add something meaningful for such a special, once in a lifetime occasion. Truly a pleasure! Wishing you and Joe the very best - David

Paola Mavarez · Married on 05/11/2019

The best musician for a wedding or any event

David was the perfect musician for our wedding. He was very talented with a great catalogue of music. He was flexible and very responsive as well as not overpriced. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/30/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Paola! I appreciate you taking the time to leave these words. It was truly a pleasure, I hope you are both doing well! - best, David
  • Stefani

Stefani and Nellie · Married on 05/07/2019

Amazing acoustics

David was amazing to work with. He was very communicative and played all of the songs we wanted perfectly. We received several compliments on the music he played before the ceremony and we're so happy he was a part of our big day. The music made it all the more special. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/18/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you both! It was great to play for you and I always love a trip up the mountain - hope you are both well!

Very best,

Anthony · Married on 05/06/2019

Amazing Experience!

Outstanding! Went above and beyond to make it special. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/15/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Anthony, it was truly a pleasure to play for you and to meet everyone! Very best to you all - David

Lauren · Married on 03/16/2019

David was absolutely incredible! He was such a pleasure to work with while planning our wedding and his execution was flawless. David has an undeniable talent that added so much character to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. I was really set on having my brother play the trumpet for my processional and David was happy to work with us and coordinate with my brother to make it happen. He even put a custom arrangement together for the song we wanted our bridal party to walk down the aisle to. He's super prepared with equipment not just for his own music, but also with mics for the officiant. We received so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony and cocktail hour music; he truly made our wedding feel so special. If you're thinking about booking a live musician, don't look any further. David is the best of the best.

Sent on 09/20/2018

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you Lauren! Your wedding was a pleasure to be a part of - beautiful day in a beautiful setting. Your brother was also great, my compliments to his trumpet playing. I hope the rest of your day went just as well! Many thanks and congratulations to you both! - David

Jennifer · Married on 01/05/2019

Wonderful!

David was a joy to work with! His music was wonderful and I heard great feedback from the guests of his playing prior to our ceremony. I didn’t have to worry about a thing and he brought microphones for the officiant and the readers! I can’t thank him enough!

Sent on 01/08/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you! Truly a please to work with you too. Everything looked beautiful and it was great to meet your guests. Best wishes to you both! - David

Thomas R. · Married on 11/24/2018

Extremely talented and professional!

It was a pleasure working with David for our daughter's wedding. He was very professional, communicative, and flexible from day one. He allowed us to choose three songs that weren't on his playlist and our daughter was very grateful! As for his talent on guitar, it's incredible! David is very gifted, and our guests noticed. Thank you, David, for adding a beautiful touch to our daughter's special day!

Sent on 11/29/2018

David William Ross's reply:

Truly a pleasure from start to finish! Thank you for having me and thank you for these words. I love doing late Fall indoor weddings and at this one my assistant even got in a little ping pong! Very best to you and your newly expanded family! - David

Charles Giles · Married on 11/11/2018

Talented, professional, and easy to work with

David was excellent. He played our wedding in Saratoga Springs, NY. His music was wonderful. I give him credit for setting the lighthearted and happy tone for the whole event. He was by far the easiest vendor to work with at my wedding. He was extremely organized, punctual, and easy to get in touch with. I cannot more highly recommend David.

Sent on 11/13/2018

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you! Truly a pleasure to play for you and your guests. I though it was a beautiful ceremony in the perfect setting. Congratulations! I hope the rest of your evening was just as much a success- Very best, David
  • Eleanora

Eleanora · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful Experience!

David was great to work with! He was very responsive to all of my questions and requests leading up to the big day. He provided the ceremony music as well as the cocktail hour music. He worked with me to figure out what songs we would like during the ceremony and then what genre we wanted during the cocktail hour. We received many compliments from our guests as to how great David was and we were so appreciative! His music helped us achieve the perfect day we hoped for!

David William Ross 6
    Sent on 01/31/2019

David William Ross's reply:

Thank you so much Eleanora! I had a nice time working with you as well - I hope you are both doing well and have had a very happy New Year! Best, David

Jeff Dube · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing.

David was great to have with us during the ceremony and cocktail hour. He was happy to review song preferences and willing to entertain new ideas for processional songs, etc. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 12/06/2018

David William Ross's reply:

Thanks Jeff! I really appreciate your review and these kind words. I hope you are both doing well! Happy holidays- David

Gretchen Eastman · Married on 10/20/2018

Special Requests!

David was a pleasure to work with for our wedding day. Right away we knew we wanted non-traditional songs for the ceremony and David learned and played them beautifully! He was responsive, organized and thoughtful throughout the process. Would recommend to anyone looking for an acoustic guitar for their day.

Sent on 11/08/2018

David William Ross's reply:

Hi Gretchen, thank you so much for having me! I'm always happy to have good requests for songs that I can add to my repertoire. Congratulations, very best to you both - David