Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. Reviews

52 | Nantucket, MA

52 Reviews for Handy & Dallaire Events Inc.

Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 1
Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 7
  • Laura

Laura Haft · Married on 07/20/2019

Dream Nantucket Wedding

Handy + Dallaire gave me the wedding of my dreams. They are friendly, responsive, professional, and experienced. No request was too big or too small. The day of I didn't worry about a single thing, because I knew I had the dream team working behind the scenes. I recommend them wholeheartedly and couldn't be happier with my experience.

Sent on 08/16/2019
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 8

Glenn Thompson Rieger · Married on 06/26/2019

Best wedding Planner ever!

OMG – As FOB and MOB, don’t even know where to begin. If you are planning a wedding on Nantucket and are considering whether to use a wedding planner or not. The answer is simply yes and the event planner must be Handy & Dallaire Events. They handled every little detail with a professionalism rarely seen today and they do so in the background to make sure the wedding is perfect for the bride and her family. This includes helping with dinner reservations, package pickup and drop off and re arranging the beach planned ceremony within minutes during a sea squall hailstorm. As horrible as that sounds the bride loved her ceremony and wouldn’t have it any other way. This is a gigantic testament to the Handy & Dallaire team. On a scale of 1 to 10, we would rank them as a 15!!!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 9

Katy Rieger · Married on 06/22/2019

Best day of our lives!

David, Donald and Katie were the absolute dream team to work with for our beach wedding in Nantucket! We knew the day was going to be beautiful because of their careful planning and attention to detail, but what we couldn’t have known was how they would jump in to make sure everything still went flawlessly despite the CRAZY storm that passed through on the big day and dashed our plans A and B for an outdoor ceremony on the beach. You can imagine a surprise storm being every bride’s worst nightmare (it wasn’t even on the weather radar until about an hour before the ceremony was supposed to take place!), but when we had to make the decision to move the ceremony inside, I felt SO prepared and calm. I knew our amazing HandyDallaire team would make sure everything was still breathtaking.

They whisked me away to wait for the indoor ceremony, and immediately got to work with the rest of the venue staff, running around saving chairs and flowers from the rain, and setting up the most beautiful and intimate ceremony in the hotel, all while making sure our guests were happy and up to date on the change of plans. And I didn’t have to worry about a single thing! From that moment on, they made sure the rest of the night went FLAWLESSLY, and we were able to enjoy the best day of our lives to the fullest. I can’t tell you how many of our family and friends commented that it was the most beautiful and well-planned wedding they’ve ever been to.

We are so happy with our wedding and hope to come back to the island and celebrate many anniversaries and more with HandyDallaire. They were easy to work with, have a great eye for design, and strong relationships with all the best vendors on the island. They are truly the best wedding planners, support systems, and party starters. We can’t thank them enough!!!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 10

Tammy Grauer · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing team to work with!

David, Donald and Katie were a dream to work with for our son and daughter in laws Nantucket wedding! There was not a single detail overlooked by them. They were so helpful and quick to respond during the planning process. Working with Handy & Dallaire Events long distance was a breeze, we had conference calls and active email chains. The team understood the vision of the rehearsal dinner and the wedding and pulled it all together in a flawless manner. I highly recommend this team to any bride and groom looking for wedding planners.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Penny

Penny Lyons · Married on 06/08/2019

They Know How to Make a Dream Come True....

Our daughter and son-in-law were married on the beautiful island of Nantucket, with 5 days of celebratory events! We knew that there was only one group who would execute (all of) this tall ticket item to perfection and we were right! We worked with David, Donald & Katie for almost a year, pouring over details and requests from afar. Their vendor referrals were spot on; we had the best because we worked with the best. Our requests were sometimes unusual and most definitely detailed beyond the ordinary...yet they always found a way. We asked and the answer was ALWAYS "yes, we can make that happen". The communication was unparalled. The immediate response time was unparalled. Each one of them made the days leading up to the wedding FUN and EXCITING, making us feel that we were their top priority. We had all their cell phones and were told to call at any time. Each of them has a talent. Each of them performs their talent with perfection. When I walked into the reception, I gasped. It was BEYOND our wildest dreams...We had 200 guests for a black tie wedding. All 200 guests were invited to the rehearsal Welcome Party at the Galley, to the afterparty at Cru and to our home for brunch. They were there every step of the way every single day.....It was seamless, smooth and went off without a hitch....all three wedding planners smiling along the way. This team is on top of their game! It was our privilege to have Handy & Dallaire Events as our wedding planners. They just know how to make a dream come true....HIGHLY RECOMMEND! With love.....MOB, Penny Lyons

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 11

Chloe Lyons · Married on 06/08/2019

The most incredible team

David, Donald and Katie are what I would consider the BEST of the BEST. On June 8, 2019, I was married on Nantucket Island and experienced what it truly feels like for dreams to come true, thanks to this incredible team who knows how to make magic happen.

We worked with Handy and Dallaire Events for just over a year, planning our four day wedding celebration. Their attention to detail and unwavering passion and excitement about what they do translated to each and every element of our big day. Over the course of the year when anyone had presented me with the question “is wedding planning stressful? I bet you can’t wait until its over,” my answers would immediately be NO and NO! David, Donald and Katie were beyond on top of every piece of our planning, always maintaining a steady timeline, answering every email and call (quite literally within minutes most times) and truly making the entire process SO beyond positive and enjoyable (so much so that I really miss working with them everyday)!

Throughout the planning process, I was always so impressed with the number of strong relationships that they have with the best vendors not only on Nantucket, but all over New England, not to mention their plethora of knowledge on every design element.

When we first sat down to describe how we envisioned our wedding, we basically described a make believe Pinterest board. We wanted to transform a historic Nantucket structure into a 1920’s black tie, Great Gatsby-eqsue supper club, with champagne towers, grapes overflowing from silver urns, metallic confetti plunging from the wooden trellis ceiling and mini espresso martinis served on silver platters. Did they make everything happen AND MORE… YES, YES and YES!!!

It is so important at your own wedding, or any event for that matter, to be present and not think about the logistics. This team made that happen for us. They were by our sides throughout the entire weekend, supporting us, our families, our wedding party and our guests in any and every way possible, I did not for one second worry (or think) about any detail.

I am so happy and grateful to have gotten the opportunity to work with them and would strongly advise anyone planning a wedding or any event for that matter, to choose Handy and Dallaire.

We cannot put into words how thankful we are for everything that they have done for us!!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 12

Samhitha Rai · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing and seamless wedding because of them!

Would highly recommend Handy and Dallaire to anyone starting to plan their wedding, particularly if your OCD and a stress ball like myself. Donald David and Katie are all part of the team and they all work together and so efficiently. Whenever I sent one of my many many emails I was always assured that I would get a response back soon answering all of my questions. They listen to what I wanted and what I didn’t want and help make it work. As our wedding was in Nantucket, they have a lot of experience with the island and that made things a lot a lot easier. Not only were they efficient and responsive but they’re just also very pleasant people to work with, which I think is really important when planning your wedding. Our wedding weekend was perfect and if there was anything that went wrong, I had no idea about it – to me and all my guests it was just the perfect weekend and I know a large part of that was because of the Handy and Dallaire team.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Danielle C. · Married on 11/07/2018

Simply the Best

Simply the Best! My sister was married October 20th, 2018 and it was perfection. David and Donald were more than we could have hoped for. Their attention to detail, design and dedication was amazing. Walking in to the reception room at the Nantucket Hotel was something I will never forget. They handled every element of the wedding weekend and our family was more than happy. If you are looking for a Wedding to Remember.... David M.Handy Events is a must!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Matt Feeney · Married on 10/20/2018

Stress Free Planners Who Execute

David and Donald were extremely helpful during the planning phase and took time to get to know us and what our wants were for the event. Where they really shine, however, is in execution. On the day of they were All-Stars. Them being there provided a completely stress free environment for my spouse and I so that we could just enjoy the event and spend 100% of our time with family and friends.

The setup of the space was beyond our vision for it. And they handled everything thrown their way with a smile and the utmost professionalism. I highly recommend them to anyone considering a planner for their event.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Andi Shaughnessy · Married on 10/20/2018

A Dream Team

For me personally, when planning something so far in advance, I either get everything done as soon as possible, or I procrastinate to the last possible minute. When planning a wedding weekend, especially a destination wedding, neither is an option. After working with David, Donald and Katie for a year, I learned how much of a strategic process it actually is. There are a lot of moving parts. Turning a bride's vision into a reality not only requires creativity, but also organization, communication, understanding, timely execution, relationship management and patience. From the initial phone call to the day after good-byes, they exceeded expectations in every single area.

There are so many examples of the team going above and beyond that I struggled with what to include in fear of not doing them justice (as well as keeping this review to an acceptable length.) I will say this, the weekend was magical. Every detail was perfection. The coordination and execution were flawless. The compliments are ongoing and I don't anticipate them stopping anytime soon.

Like most bride-to-be's, I was constantly fielding questions regarding my stress level, planning, to-do lists, decision making etc. At every single stage, my answer was always the same, "Not really stressed actually. I'm in great shape, everything is taken care of." Removing the stress out of one of the most stressful events seems like an impossible task, but I say with confidence that is exactly what David M Handy Events does. My family and I kept calling them the Dream Team because that's exactly what they are.

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • tevon

tevon · Married on 10/06/2018

David, Donald and Katie were a dream to work with. From our first conversations and visits, I knew that together, we were going to make dreams come true. From discussing design and flowers to reviewing timelines, details, and the intricacies of family dynamics - this trio had us taken care of. As we neared the wedding day, my fiancé and I were so relaxed knowing that DMH Events was running the most important day of our lives. They brought all of our visions to life and most importantly took care of us and our guests from the minute everyone stepped foot on Nantucket on Friday until they left the island after our Sunday brunch. Their work is not only beautiful but also thoughtful, detail-oriented, and personal. We highly recommend DMH Events. We will miss working with them!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 13
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 14

Terri Rohrer · Married on 10/06/2018

Truly an A+ wedding planner

As soon as my daughter became engaged to be married, we reached out to a Nantucket friend, who highly recommended David Handy. As my husband says, working with David M. Handy Events was the best decision that we made around the wedding weekend on Nantucket! An A+ team that I now can highly recommend as well. During our first meeting with David, when he asked questions and genuinely listened to our answers and concerns, we knew that we were in good hands. David recommended venues and vendors and then accompanied us to see and/or meet with each of them. David's office space is fabulous, with samples of linens, china, silver, glassware, tables, chairs, printing, etc that allowed us to physically build our vision. His design is outstanding. David helped us shape our dream into a beautiful reality. From start to finish, David, Donald and Katie's professionalism, brilliance and attention to every detail, coupled with their upbeat, positive and really fun personalities allowed our family - and especially the bride and groom - to trust, relax and enjoy every single minute of the wedding weekend. And really, isn't that what it's all about?

Sent on 10/16/2018

Laura · Married on 09/22/2018

David And Donald did a fabulous job and we hope they come to Telluride someday.Laura Shields

Sent on 10/13/2018

Tricia Hynes · Married on 06/29/2018

Nantucket wedding

We loved working with David, Donald, and Katie for our June wedding in Nantucket!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Hansen · Married on 06/23/2018

Dream team

Amazing. David, Donald and Katie are your dream team. They bring experience in event design, planning, and execution with unparalleled professionalism and heart. We hired them for our wedding in June 2018 and I am forever grateful.

Here are the top 5 reasons to hire David Handy and Associates:
    1) They listen. Really listen.
    Then they know what to ask and do to shift ideas into reality.

2) They have an incredible professional network.
    They know how to communicate and coordinate everyone (e.g. catering, flowers, music, rentals) to create the best, and most personalized, services. It’s clear that others want to work with them.

3) They’re fun.
    I know planning a wedding can be stressful – but not with these guys. They take care of the hard stuff. They take the event seriously, but not themselves. Everything went so smoothly and they were always happy to answer questions, even when the questions were more about reassurance than information.

4) They created extreme magic on our wedding day.
    Scenario: Torrential downpours and crazy wind for an outdoor wedding. What does “above and beyond” look like? Squeegying the grass under the dance floor so that there were no waves when guests stepped on it. Finding and setting up more heaters and a second tent for the ceremony. Planning how to keep the wedding party and guests from being bedraggled and miserable.

I’ll never forget them braving the storm in mud boots and slickers, smiles on their faces, while we were looking out the windows terrified of how to make our wedding day happen.

5) The whole event was incredible.

They are true dream producers and will be part of our lives forever.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Mary · Married on 06/09/2018

Five stars aren't enough. DMH took care of every detail, every worry, made every moment shine and made the best day even more fun. DMH took my vision for our wedding and not only cared for it but made it better! They were hilarious and perfect from day one to the big day.

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 24
  • Ashley

Ashley Lipson · Married on 04/09/2018

Wedding review

In September 2017 I was a bridesmaid in a wedding planned by David and Donald and I can’t say enough how expertly planned the wedding was, but more so, how attentive and professional they both are. The entire weekend was perfectly planned as every detail and request was met from the moment the wedding party stepped onto the island. David and Donald were at our disposal the entire weekend and if any issue came up they were the first people to step in and quickly found a resolution. Every detail of the ceremony and reception was simply incredible. It was the most beautiful wedding and I know it was all in part because of the endless conversations and meetings that David and Donald had with the couple and their perfect execution of each event over the weekend. The first time I met David and Donald was days before the wedding but within hours I felt as if I had known them for years and I knew we were in the best hands possible. I know my friends are forever grateful for everything these two did for their wedding and we have not stopped talking about that day since, and it was all thanks to the incredible work from David and Donald.

Sent on 04/24/2019

Debra · Married on 09/09/2017

David Handy Events exceeded our expectations. Everthing was flawless...from the vendors they suggested to the coordination on the big day.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Christen · Married on 09/09/2017

Top notch from beginning to end!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Sue · Married on 09/09/2017

David & Donald were wonderful to work with! I was the MOTG & therefore played a small part in this event. Nevertheless, David & Donald directed me to great vendors which my responsibilities very easy! It was the best working with these gentlemen who really shine in their profession!
    The weekend was outstanding! Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

linda · Married on 06/03/2017

Your day will be perfect, leave it all to David M Handy events!! Our wedding weekend in Nantucket was a magical experience! David, Donald and Katie are the best and will help you create your own magical weekend!!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/03/2017

David and Donald were amazing at making exactly what I wanted a reality! Our day was beyond perfect!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Liza · Married on 06/02/2017

David and Donald did an absolutely fabulous job and they were a pleasure to work with. They had all the bases covered and were able to think of everything we had overlooked. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Marybethe · Married on 12/17/2016

David Handy Events is the best money you will ever spend. I was married on 12/17/16 at The Nantucket Hotel and Resort and David and Donald took my event decor over the top. It was a look that was modern, clean and cutting edge but also classic, elegant and the embodiment of Christmas on Nantucket. David knows all the local vendors, all of the local hot spots and who to call and for what. Don't think you can throw the biggest party, biggest event or your dream wedding by yourself because you can't! If you want to blow away your guests with something that they've never seen before, take your event to another level and enjoy every minute of your day and event then you need to get yourself David Handy!!

The smartest thing I ever did, that let me enjoy my day, was hire David and Donald. It's well worth the money and the most efficient way to realize your vision, live in the moment without stress and see your vision come to life as pure perfection. Let the professionals plan your day and hire David Handy Events. You won't regret it and when it's over you will be as over the moon as I am.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Ellen · Married on 12/10/2016

David and Donald were very professional and responsive to all our needs and desires. They helped us create the wedding of my daughter's dreams! They know the island of Nantucket well and were able to provide great suggestions for many of the vendors we used. They also have a great relationship with the Nantucket Hotel which was wonderful as a venue for our wedding reception. If you choose to use them you will be in competent and caring hands.

Sent on 12/16/2016