Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. Reviews

45 | Nantucket, MA

45 Reviews for Handy & Dallaire Events Inc.

Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 1
Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 7
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Hansen · Getting married on 11/06/2019

Dream team

Amazing. David, Donald and Katie are your dream team. They bring experience in event design, planning, and execution with unparalleled professionalism and heart. We hired them for our wedding in June 2018 and I am forever grateful.

Here are the top 5 reasons to hire David Handy and Associates:
    1) They listen. Really listen.
    Then they know what to ask and do to shift ideas into reality.

2) They have an incredible professional network.
    They know how to communicate and coordinate everyone (e.g. catering, flowers, music, rentals) to create the best, and most personalized, services. It’s clear that others want to work with them.

3) They’re fun.
    I know planning a wedding can be stressful – but not with these guys. They take care of the hard stuff. They take the event seriously, but not themselves. Everything went so smoothly and they were always happy to answer questions, even when the questions were more about reassurance than information.

4) They created extreme magic on our wedding day.
    Scenario: Torrential downpours and crazy wind for an outdoor wedding. What does “above and beyond” look like? Squeegying the grass under the dance floor so that there were no waves when guests stepped on it. Finding and setting up more heaters and a second tent for the ceremony. Planning how to keep the wedding party and guests from being bedraggled and miserable.

I’ll never forget them braving the storm in mud boots and slickers, smiles on their faces, while we were looking out the windows terrified of how to make our wedding day happen.

5) The whole event was incredible.

They are true dream producers and will be part of our lives forever.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Danielle C. · Married on 11/07/2018

Simply the Best

Simply the Best! My sister was married October 20th, 2018 and it was perfection. David and Donald were more than we could have hoped for. Their attention to detail, design and dedication was amazing. Walking in to the reception room at the Nantucket Hotel was something I will never forget. They handled every element of the wedding weekend and our family was more than happy. If you are looking for a Wedding to Remember.... David M.Handy Events is a must!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Matt Feeney · Married on 10/20/2018

Stress Free Planners Who Execute

David and Donald were extremely helpful during the planning phase and took time to get to know us and what our wants were for the event. Where they really shine, however, is in execution. On the day of they were All-Stars. Them being there provided a completely stress free environment for my spouse and I so that we could just enjoy the event and spend 100% of our time with family and friends.

The setup of the space was beyond our vision for it. And they handled everything thrown their way with a smile and the utmost professionalism. I highly recommend them to anyone considering a planner for their event.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Andi Shaughnessy · Married on 10/20/2018

A Dream Team

For me personally, when planning something so far in advance, I either get everything done as soon as possible, or I procrastinate to the last possible minute. When planning a wedding weekend, especially a destination wedding, neither is an option. After working with David, Donald and Katie for a year, I learned how much of a strategic process it actually is. There are a lot of moving parts. Turning a bride's vision into a reality not only requires creativity, but also organization, communication, understanding, timely execution, relationship management and patience. From the initial phone call to the day after good-byes, they exceeded expectations in every single area.

There are so many examples of the team going above and beyond that I struggled with what to include in fear of not doing them justice (as well as keeping this review to an acceptable length.) I will say this, the weekend was magical. Every detail was perfection. The coordination and execution were flawless. The compliments are ongoing and I don't anticipate them stopping anytime soon.

Like most bride-to-be's, I was constantly fielding questions regarding my stress level, planning, to-do lists, decision making etc. At every single stage, my answer was always the same, "Not really stressed actually. I'm in great shape, everything is taken care of." Removing the stress out of one of the most stressful events seems like an impossible task, but I say with confidence that is exactly what David M Handy Events does. My family and I kept calling them the Dream Team because that's exactly what they are.

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • tevon

tevon · Married on 10/06/2018

David, Donald and Katie were a dream to work with. From our first conversations and visits, I knew that together, we were going to make dreams come true. From discussing design and flowers to reviewing timelines, details, and the intricacies of family dynamics - this trio had us taken care of. As we neared the wedding day, my fiancé and I were so relaxed knowing that DMH Events was running the most important day of our lives. They brought all of our visions to life and most importantly took care of us and our guests from the minute everyone stepped foot on Nantucket on Friday until they left the island after our Sunday brunch. Their work is not only beautiful but also thoughtful, detail-oriented, and personal. We highly recommend DMH Events. We will miss working with them!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 8
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 9

Terri Rohrer · Married on 10/06/2018

Truly an A+ wedding planner

As soon as my daughter became engaged to be married, we reached out to a Nantucket friend, who highly recommended David Handy. As my husband says, working with David M. Handy Events was the best decision that we made around the wedding weekend on Nantucket! An A+ team that I now can highly recommend as well. During our first meeting with David, when he asked questions and genuinely listened to our answers and concerns, we knew that we were in good hands. David recommended venues and vendors and then accompanied us to see and/or meet with each of them. David's office space is fabulous, with samples of linens, china, silver, glassware, tables, chairs, printing, etc that allowed us to physically build our vision. His design is outstanding. David helped us shape our dream into a beautiful reality. From start to finish, David, Donald and Katie's professionalism, brilliance and attention to every detail, coupled with their upbeat, positive and really fun personalities allowed our family - and especially the bride and groom - to trust, relax and enjoy every single minute of the wedding weekend. And really, isn't that what it's all about?

Sent on 10/16/2018

Laura · Married on 09/22/2018

David And Donald did a fabulous job and we hope they come to Telluride someday.Laura Shields

Sent on 10/13/2018

Tricia Hynes · Married on 06/29/2018

Nantucket wedding

We loved working with David, Donald, and Katie for our June wedding in Nantucket!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Mary · Married on 06/09/2018

Five stars aren't enough. DMH took care of every detail, every worry, made every moment shine and made the best day even more fun. DMH took my vision for our wedding and not only cared for it but made it better! They were hilarious and perfect from day one to the big day.

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 19
  • Ashley

Ashley Lipson · Married on 04/09/2018

Wedding review

In September 2017 I was a bridesmaid in a wedding planned by David and Donald and I can’t say enough how expertly planned the wedding was, but more so, how attentive and professional they both are. The entire weekend was perfectly planned as every detail and request was met from the moment the wedding party stepped onto the island. David and Donald were at our disposal the entire weekend and if any issue came up they were the first people to step in and quickly found a resolution. Every detail of the ceremony and reception was simply incredible. It was the most beautiful wedding and I know it was all in part because of the endless conversations and meetings that David and Donald had with the couple and their perfect execution of each event over the weekend. The first time I met David and Donald was days before the wedding but within hours I felt as if I had known them for years and I knew we were in the best hands possible. I know my friends are forever grateful for everything these two did for their wedding and we have not stopped talking about that day since, and it was all thanks to the incredible work from David and Donald.

Sent on 04/24/2019

Debra · Married on 09/09/2017

David Handy Events exceeded our expectations. Everthing was flawless...from the vendors they suggested to the coordination on the big day.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Christen · Married on 09/09/2017

Top notch from beginning to end!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Sue · Married on 09/09/2017

David & Donald were wonderful to work with! I was the MOTG & therefore played a small part in this event. Nevertheless, David & Donald directed me to great vendors which my responsibilities very easy! It was the best working with these gentlemen who really shine in their profession!
    The weekend was outstanding! Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

linda · Married on 06/03/2017

Your day will be perfect, leave it all to David M Handy events!! Our wedding weekend in Nantucket was a magical experience! David, Donald and Katie are the best and will help you create your own magical weekend!!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/03/2017

David and Donald were amazing at making exactly what I wanted a reality! Our day was beyond perfect!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Liza · Married on 06/02/2017

David and Donald did an absolutely fabulous job and they were a pleasure to work with. They had all the bases covered and were able to think of everything we had overlooked. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Marybethe · Married on 12/17/2016

David Handy Events is the best money you will ever spend. I was married on 12/17/16 at The Nantucket Hotel and Resort and David and Donald took my event decor over the top. It was a look that was modern, clean and cutting edge but also classic, elegant and the embodiment of Christmas on Nantucket. David knows all the local vendors, all of the local hot spots and who to call and for what. Don't think you can throw the biggest party, biggest event or your dream wedding by yourself because you can't! If you want to blow away your guests with something that they've never seen before, take your event to another level and enjoy every minute of your day and event then you need to get yourself David Handy!!

The smartest thing I ever did, that let me enjoy my day, was hire David and Donald. It's well worth the money and the most efficient way to realize your vision, live in the moment without stress and see your vision come to life as pure perfection. Let the professionals plan your day and hire David Handy Events. You won't regret it and when it's over you will be as over the moon as I am.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Ellen · Married on 12/10/2016

David and Donald were very professional and responsive to all our needs and desires. They helped us create the wedding of my daughter's dreams! They know the island of Nantucket well and were able to provide great suggestions for many of the vendors we used. They also have a great relationship with the Nantucket Hotel which was wonderful as a venue for our wedding reception. If you choose to use them you will be in competent and caring hands.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Ana · Married on 10/01/2016

We were very lucky to be able to work with David M Handy Events.
    The team was very helpful and accommodating. They are a pleasure! They are extremely competent!
    I appreciate that they dressed well and fit right in with our guests. When I wasn't sure about something, they offered great ideas, and did the leg work to make it happen. Our event was better for having them there.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Kim · Married on 09/17/2016

First and foremost, I must start by saying that David and Donald are two of the nicest, most caring people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. They know how important your event is to you and they take that very seriously and handle it with such care. And they excel at what they do beyond words! My fiancée and I had a two year engagement and are very detail oriented, so David helped to set us up with all the vendors that would fit our exact vision. We spent countless hours doing our table settings and then redoing them about 3 months out from the wedding. And they helped us to create the exact vision we wanted. And despite all the meetings and conversations, when I stepped into our reception I truly thought I was dreaming and I was overwhelmed with how perfect every single detail was.

From helping with getting our rehearsal dinner menu perfect, to fixing a major technical malfunction that was a surprise for our parents and wedding party, to making our hotel suite look so amazing when we got back from our wedding day, there is not a single thing that Donald and David didn't make absolute perfection.

Whenever there was a hiccup or problem that arose, David and Donald would fix it at a speed that I didn't even think was humanly possible. On the day of the wedding Donald took care of everything!! He has a manner about him that makes you instantly calm and on a wedding day, that is priceless attribute.

I truly don't know what I would have done without David and Donald. Having Donald run the "show" aka the wedding, allowed me and my fiancée to be completely checked in to each other and not worrying about anything.

Any bride would be lucky to have this team handle their day. The magic that they create is unlike anything I've ever seen in real life. Every time I see one of our wedding guests they tell me how unbelievable ever detail of our wedding was and it was thanks to Donald and David. I will be forever grateful for what they did for us.

Sent on 10/23/2017
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 20
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 21
    Handy & Dallaire Events Inc. 22

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

We could not have asked for a better event planner for our wedding than David Handy - and his assistant Tracee Dwyer. They helped us plan a full weekend of events for over 200 people on Nantucket Island - and worked tirelessly to make everything run smoothly. It couldn't have turned out more perfectly. David has a very special talent for creating "moments" and ensuring a natural flow for guests throughout an event - and Tracee sees to every detail so you are worry-free. Beyond being incredibly professional, David and Tracee are also an absolute delight to work with - they get the job done to perfection with none of the pushiness or pretension that you might find in other event planners. We loved having David and Tracee be part of our wedding - and definitely recommend them highly!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Magdalena · Married on 10/30/2015

David was exactly what I needed to make my wedding day stress free! He listened to my ideas and created the perfect day, our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue looked- the flowers, lights, candles-AMAZING!! I had a couple of items last minute and David just took care of it in an instant with no hesitation. Simply the best!

Sent on 11/05/2015

David Handy Events helped my husband and I host a 3 day birthday weekend on Nantucket to celebrate a big birthday milestone with 70+ guests. David and his crew of contacts helped us plan 3 events: a welcome cocktail at a yacht club, a formal sit down dinner dance reception complete with birthday cake and big band sounds, and a wrap up/send off champagne breakfast brunch overlooking the harbor. Every detail from the locations, flowers, birthday cake, party favors, photography, band, linens, all printed matters including a welcome letter/weekend itinerary plus goody bag were all conceived and carried out to perfection with David's help. David was there at each event to oversee everything and to help make everything just perfect. David was so resourceful and creative. He was a lot of fun to work with and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out! It was an incredibly memorable weekend enjoyed by all!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Mary · Married on 06/20/2015

This being my first wedding, I wasn't sure what to expect with an event planner, or how necessary it would be. Wow, I never could have done this without David Handy. He went above and beyond in making sure we had a perfect wedding. David was so easy to deal with, efficient, and hard-working. He had all the right connections and exquisite taste. What more could you want on one of the most important days of your daughter's life!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Julie · Married on 06/20/2015

David is truly amazing at what he does! He made us feel like anything was possible throughout the planning process. He went above and beyond his responsibilities to make sure our big day was everything we had hoped for. He was organized and easy to communicate with! I would use him a million times over if I could! He was one of the best wedding decisions we made!

Sent on 06/30/2015