David Apuzzo, Photography Reviews

86 Reviews for David Apuzzo, Photography

86 David Apuzzo, Photography Reviews

Michelle Guzman · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing experience!

David and his team were absolutely amazing and helped to make my wedding day easy to enjoy without stress. He is professional, down to earth, super easy to work with, enthusiastic, and obviously loves what he does. I was worried because my large family can become easily distracted, however, David was able to direct everyone with success! He was also there for us throughout the entire wedding planning process and is full of wedding related tips and resources. I highly recommend David!

Michael Hemenway · Married on 10/20/2018

Book him now!

I can't say enough good things about our experience with David. He was attentive and encouraging throughout the entire planning process right through the end of our wedding day. He worked with our venue/caterer to iron out all the details. Working with him helped make the day even more memorable. His team was spectacular and helped us feel at ease. I'm not the best with being the center of attention or being photographed but working with David took a lot of that stress away. He and his team were 100% professional and had an open ear all day long (I even got a very helpful pep talk during some stressful moments before the ceremony - thanks, Joel!). I absolutely cannot wait to see our wedding photos and would highly recommend David to anyone currently planning their wedding or special event. There is no second-guessing our decision to work with him.

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

David was recommended to me by a friend to photograph my moms wedding. The wedding was very last and wasn't very structured. But through the chaos of the day David was able to perfectly capture the most important and memorable moments beautifully. David was quick to answer my request for an estimate, was very professional and fit in great at the party! He was a pleasure to have at the wedding and I would definitely recommend him for any occasion!

Heather · Married on 09/15/2018

I met David over 10 years ago when he was shooting photos for a friend. After seeing his studio and work I was super impressed and I new one day I would use him for my wedding photos. Now years later I contacted David to talk about him shooting my wedding! He was extremely professional, friendly and easy to work with!
    We were very lucky to have David as a part of our wedding day. Photos was the most important thing to me, and he came through 100% for us! I can tell he truly loves what he does and puts everything into getting the best photos for you. Anyone looking for an amazing photographer needs to look no further than David!!

David Apuzzo, Photography 1

Kristen Dew · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing quality photography

We loved having David photograph our wedding! He provided a free engagement shoot to get to know us and we were 100% sure we made the right choice when we spent the day together and when we saw the pictures. He was thorough and he captured so many special moments for us and our guests. David has a gift for taking a beautiful picture and was able to choose the best locations for us. His direction was very helpful as well since we had never taken professional photos before. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best pictures!

Jennarose · Married on 07/26/2018

I first met David when he photographed my brother's wedding years earlier, and he did such a fantastic job then, I knew when it was my turn, he would be one of the first vendors we would book. David has the amazing ability of catching all the little moments throughout the day; his shots of our guests at the wedding are some of my favorites! As David has been doing weddings for many years, he is also a great source for advice throughout the entire process. He also stayed on schedule all day and snuck us outside for some breathtaking sunset shots. As he has been in the wedding business for many years, he was able to share some tips and tricks with us which made our day even more memorable! One of his best traits though is David taking the time to get to know each of his couples and always making them feel like they are his top priority. I am so happy we booked him for our day!

Shelby · Married on 03/16/2018

It’s not every day that the groom actually finds the photographer! My husband met David through their bowling league and started talking about our wedding. David told Marcus he was a photographer and for us to check out his work. We only looked forward from there! David was informative and patient with us through our year of planning. He emailed and called to check in on us to make sure we were doing ok! Our engagement session just solidified why we went witn David. He made us feel less awkward and comfortable in front of the camera. Our pictures were nothing short of amazing and we couldn’t wait for the wedding day. The day of the wedding David kept our large wedding party in line and on schedule. We all had so much fun shooting!! Now one month later, we can’t stop looking at our pictures! We hope to keep in touch with David, as he’s truly become a friend. We highly recommend him to any of our friends/family getting married! We can’t wait to work with him again in the future!!

• O

Olivia · Married on 12/17/2017

I have been following David's work for years, so when I got engaged it was a no-brainer to book him for our engagement photos and wedding photography. David is patient, professional and talented. He captured the emotions of our special day perfectly. I am glad we chose him as our wedding photographer and I would recommend him to anyone looking for quality work and peace of mind through the wedding planning process.

Terry · Married on 12/17/2017

Definition of MOBZilla: Mother of the Bride/Godzilla. I am the dreaded MOBZilla. My daughter hired David Apuzzo to be her wedding photographer. I called David and said, “Listen to me young man. Your job is to capture every wonderful moment but you MUST make me look taller, thinner and ten years younger and if you don’t do that I’m going to make sure that the final payment check bounces.” He did not seem nervous which made me scared for him. Clearly he had no idea who he was dealing with.

Take a look at the picture, which MIRACULOUSLY made me look like I was on the red carpet at the Oscars and he made me look better than I could have imagined for the old broad that I am. That check will not bounce.
    But enough about me. On December 17th, my youngest, my baby got married at The Barns in Middletown. David was and IS amazing. He was patient, kind, professional and organized. What sets him apart is his talent and his eye for detail and emotion. He captured it all with artistry.

To all the brides and mother of the brides out there, if you are looking for the VERY best in wedding photography, look no further than the talent and creative energy of David Apuzzo. He is remarkable. And he made an old woman look like a rock star! It doesn’t get any better than that! Thank you David!

David Apuzzo, Photography 2

Sandra · Married on 10/28/2017

The most perfect photos. . .

We got married in October 2017 and are so happy to have chosen David as our photographer for engagement and wedding photos. He has such a great eye, creative and pays attention to his clients. Our pictures came out perfect! Not only did we get awesome pictures to remember our day, but David is now a friend. We can't wait to use him again for a maternity shoot!

Lawren · Married on 10/14/2017

David and his team were amazing to work with! From the initial meeting to the day of the wedding David took the time to understand what we were looking for and how we wanted our day to go and executed it perfectly. David took the time to understand the inter-working's of our wedding and genuinely address all concerns. David was also very responsive! I never had to worry about him calling us back which was extremely helpful when planning. Overall the photo quality is fantastic and we got them quickly! We have received endless compliments from our friends and family about our photos!

Lindsey · Married on 09/23/2017

We absolutely loved working with David! He made us feel very comfortable during the engagement session and during our wedding day. We were originally hesitant to do an engagement session but he encouraged us to do one to get used to being in front of the camera- it made a big difference on our wedding day to know what to expect! He is full of great advice like this. David stayed for our entire wedding day and was able to capture so many amazing dance floor memories, including grandparents dancing. Some of these things might have been missed if we had a photographer that didn't stay until the end of the reception. We have gotten amazing feedback from friend and family after sharing our photos with them. We highly recommend David!

Diane · Married on 08/19/2017

David did an amazing job photographing our wedding! He is an incredibly creative and talented photographer. He really takes pride in his work, and is knowledgable and dedicated to his craft. David is kind and patient, and made us feel comfortable while taking photos. He captured so many amazing moments at our wedding, whether it was posed photos or candid moments. We love every single one of them, and really feel like we are reliving the day when we look back at them. He is very responsive, answered all our questions, and really gave us personal attention from beginning to end. All our photos are absolutely beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend David Apuzzo Photography!

Blaire · Married on 07/22/2017

I found David after searching through multiple photographers in my area online, but it was his blog that really made me think he was the right photographer for us (that and his beautiful photos of course!). He wrote about wanting to focus more on a "documentary" or "lifestyle" point of view, and that's exactly what I wanted for our intimate, backyard wedding. I wasn't sure if our small wedding would be something a well-known photographer would be interested in, but he was very enthusiastic from the start. He had great suggestions about lighting and timing when we were making plans, and he was very reassuring about how things would go on the big day. At the wedding he was patient and laid-back, but he was also great a wrangling everyone so that we could get all of the shots that we needed. We did want some traditional photos, and David was fantastic at directing us into appropriate poses, but he also managed to get many pictures throughout the day of more natural moments too, which we absolutely loved. He even took the time to make sure he got lots of pictures of our dog, who is a very important part of our lives! We will always be grateful to David for capturing our day!

Juliette · Married on 05/21/2017

Selecting a photographer to document our wedding was easy once we met with David at his studio! He definitely put any nerves I had at ease in regards to the whole process...my husband and I thought it would feel awkward and staged during our engagement photo shoot; instead, it just felt like a normal day of us walking our dog, Arrow, and enjoying each other's company...and we truly felt the photos portrayed that in the most natural way possible!

On our actual wedding day, David was amazing with our unique requests and also jumping in and making sure we stayed on schedule to get all the photos and poses we wanted done. We had two "First Looks," being that we were also taking photos in traditional Vietnamese wedding outfits prior to our ceremony. We never felt rushed and each first look felt special in their own way! I was also very persistent in making sure Arrow was well documented throughout our wedding day, and David and his team were awesome at getting our dog's attention and puppy expressions in all the photos! It truly made me so happy to see our family photos, Arrow included! As the day progressed, David and his team blended in so well that we didn't even notice them taking pics during the reception...which produced some awesome candid photos on the dance floor!

To top it off, the turnaround time for when we received the photos was very quick! We were not expecting the quantity either, as there are countless photos documenting every important detail of our day! Our family and friends have also ooh'ed and awe'ed at our photos, and we have received so many compliments about the quality of our photos! So many to choose from, so many we're in love with! We would not hesitate to recommend David and his team to anyone who is looking for great work, and even more important, a fun and easy going team! Thank you so much for documenting our special day and making it truly special to reflect on!

Kelly · Married on 05/14/2017

David was wonderful! He took so many great shots! I tended to get overwhelmed easily during wedding planning, and David was patient with me during all of those moments. His team was great as well, especially his second photographer, Tim. David's team was very personable and friendly. I also couldn't believe how quickly our photos came back. I was prepared to wait months, like many of my friends have with their wedding photographers, but David had our photos ready to view in a couple of weeks! We were very happy with all of our images. If you are looking for a photographer who is very invested in his craft and has a meticulous attention to detail, look no further. David is punctual, kind and an amazing photographer!

Tracy · Married on 04/08/2017

Selecting David Apuzzo and his team for our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made when making plans for our wedding. Not only is David accommodating and understanding, he was informative and showed genuine interest and care for our special day. His level of professionalism can't be beat, and he is ridiculously talented. He was able to capture our day exactly how we wanted and went over and beyond what we were expecting. His entire team was on point and just so much fun to work with - they kept us laughing all day. He also worked extremely well with our videographer and DJ. We are so thrilled with the entire experience. If you're in need of wedding photography, David will not steer you wrong!

Nicolette · Married on 01/07/2017

David was honestly the absolute best from the very beginning.  We were referred to him from a friend that followed his work on social media.  After scrolling through his Instagram, it was clear as day that David is extremely talented.  We met with him at his studio in Hamden, and it honestly felt like we had been friends for years.  He made us feel extremely comfortable and at ease.  We got married this past January and the one thing I didn't think through when booking a winter wedding was light.  When planning the ceremony it did not cross my mind that it gets dark earlier in the winter.  At our final meeting David brought this to our attention and once again put us at ease and figured out a way for us to be able to get daytime pictures without doing a first look.  The day of our wedding there was a snow storm and the pictures David took were AMAZING!!!  He made standing outside in the freezing cold totally worth it! We would hands down recommend David to anybody that is looking for a photographer, its one decision you will absolutely not regret!

Saraah · Married on 11/05/2016

David Apuzzo is a professional I would recommend anyone to use - especially for the most important and best day of your life when you want everything to be perfect. He was the photographer at my wedding and my husband and I were impressed before we even saw the pictures. From the very beginning he met us at the salon and took some amazing shots of my bridesmaids and I so we could get some exciting moments documented of getting ready for my big day! While getting ready to walk down the isle, my four bridesmaids and mother could not figure out the extra clasps I had put on my dress - but David came through and was able to fix the dress clasps! He then continued to make sure we got all the shots we wanted and went above and beyond. The time line and details were even changed because he took the time to sit with us and learn what is important to us. We were not planning on doing a first look, but he explained why maybe we would like it - and it was such a good idea and time saver, which in the end allowed us to spend more time with our guests that was one thing we expressed was important to us. He went above and beyond to make sure he took every shot we wanted. To finish off the night I asked him if we could take a group shot of everyone left. For a split second we were looking for someone to try to make an announcement to gather everyone together - without hesitation he stood on a chair and got everyone's attention to meet on the dance floor for one last picture! We recently received our pictures and they exceeded our expectations! They are amazing and so many to pick from!! He does an amazing job while keeping in mind it is your day and listens to what is important to you! A true professional. At the end of the day he was not just a photographer at the wedding but a guest we were so glad to have and I have already recommended him to many of my friends!!!!

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

David is an incredibly talented photographer and we were so lucky to have him capture our wedding. We loved his shooting style even before we got to work with him. It’s always a nerve wracking experience getting your photos taken, but David did a great job of putting us to ease. His experience, portfolio and professionalism speaks for itself and we couldn’t have been happier to have had the chance to work with him.

Emma · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband Dan and I were married on September 30, 2016 and had David as our photographer. As both of us had worked with him in the past at friends weddings, it was no question that we would use him for ours. Since my close friend's wedding in 2009, I had been following him and his work and have seen his style emerge and blossom. He has such a wonderful eye and is so very tasteful with his work. Dan and I tend to feel awkward when in the spotlight or in front of a camera but we quickly learned during our engagement session that David knew what he was doing and did not make us feel uncomfortable in the slightest. We were so thrilled to see the pictures of that day. Even before our own engagement we were referring him to friends because we had never seen work quite like his. David, we thank you not only for giving us the most amazingly beautiful photos of our special day, but for making us feel like ourselves as we stood in front of you and your camera.

Jennifer · Married on 08/20/2016

We could not have been more thrilled with our decision to have David shoot our wedding in August 2016! We received so many compliments from our family and friends during the wedding about how professional he was, and the level of dedication that David had towards his work throughout the day. David stayed the entire time, and up until the last minute of our wedding. He even came up to us at the very end and asked if there were any more shots we wanted. What a wonderful selection we have to choose from! It is evident that David truly loves what he does, and not only is he spectacular at it, but he also makes you feel like he is the one who is lucky to be a part of such a special day. I highly recommend David. It is such an important pieceof the day to have a great photographer, and you will not be disappointed!

Crystal · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I could not be happier about our decision to have David photograph our wedding. We were married in July 2016, and David was great. He is easy to work with, efficient, and very talented with the camera. Our pictures are amazing. My husband and I, and our families, were in awe when we received the hundreds of beautiful photos. He captured so many special moments and made us feel very comfortable throughout the entire day. We can't thank David enough and look forward to hopefully working with him in the future!

Crystal and Bob

Kellie · Married on 07/02/2016

David Apuzzo is nothing but professional, attentive and overall, a great person to work with. He is able to navigate the entire wedding process with you and makes you feel at ease throughout the big day. He is extremely helpful and always willing to answer any questions you may have. I would highly recommend David to anyone...in fact he will be shooting my sister's wedding next summer! I believe photography is one of the most important elements to a wedding because at the end of the day all you have are the photos to remember all the wonderful moments, and we trusted David to capture every moment, which he did beautifully.

Daniel · Married on 06/18/2016

My wife Hali and I were lucky enough to have David and his team photograph our wedding this past summer. From the moment you meet David you know you've found a good soul who wants nothing more than to make your day amazing. He and his team exceeded our expectations in every way possible from day 1, until long after the wedding. David's work will blow you away; he is an absolute master at his craft, and the photos you receive will be better than other photographers charging two or three times as much. He knows exactly how to pose you, exactly how to capture the perfect light, and is able to amazingly tell a joyous story of your day through photos. The candid photos of subtle moments he captures are stunning, and will help you look back on your day in a way you never thought possible. He is somehow able to do all of this while at the same time managing the flow of your big day and keeping everyone calm and on track. If David is available on your wedding day, book him, with no hesitation, right now. Period. It will be one of the best decisions you ever make. -Dan and Hali P.