David Apuzzo, Photography Reviews

David Apuzzo, Photography 5
David Apuzzo, Photography 6
David Apuzzo, Photography 7

Sara · Getting married on 04/17/2020

David was recommended to me by a friend to photograph my moms wedding. The wedding was very last and wasn't very structured. But through the chaos of the day David was able to perfectly capture the most important and memorable moments beautifully. David was quick to answer my request for an estimate, was very professional and fit in great at the party! He was a pleasure to have at the wedding and I would definitely recommend him for any occasion!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Katherine

Katherine · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Wonderful photographer!

David Apuzzo photographed my engagement session with my fiancé Jason in June 2019. When we initiated the conversation about the shoot, David was wonderful in working with our busy schedules on finding a date that worked for us all. He sent invoices quickly and always responded in a timely manner to emails, calls, and texts. He was very attentive to our needs and vision: I sent him multiple images of “inspiration” and on our shoot day, he looked over our previous email multiple times to make sure he got every shot we requested. Talk about attention to detail! We have so many beautiful photos in our home that capture our love for one another - and it’s all thanks to David! He’s a professional, attentive, and dedicated photographer who aims to please and is amazing at what he does. If I could rate our engagement shots on a scale of 1-10, David would surely earn an 11. A+!

Sent on 07/26/2019
    David Apuzzo, Photography 8
    David Apuzzo, Photography 9
    David Apuzzo, Photography 10
    David Apuzzo, Photography 11
    David Apuzzo, Photography 12
    David Apuzzo, Photography 13

Tierney Boisvert · Getting married on 10/18/2019

Experienced Professional Photographer With A Great Eye!

We hired David for our wedding (which will take place this October 2019) and part of his package included an engagement shoot, which we did this past May. We couldn't be happier with the photos! From the get go, David was warm and welcoming, and immediately made us feel comfortable. He took the time to make sure lighting and positioning was ideal for each photo, which put us at ease knowing we were working with a true professional. Our little doggie who came along to make an appearance in some photos was a little stressed, and David was a champ about it. To top it off, we received the photos just a few days later, and they are beautiful! We are so glad we chose to go with David as our photographer and have total confidence in him capturing the best moments of our wedding this coming October!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Sheena Pixton · Getting married on 10/12/2019

David is the best! Beautiful stunning photos, and a delight to work with!

David is amazing to work with, his calm and cool vibe is something you want on your wedding day. He went above and beyond our expectations and helped make the day stress free.
    Our pictures are absolutely stunning, and more than being beautiful and artistic photos, he captured the feeling of the day perfectly. I smile and laugh when I see them and remember the moments. He and his team are the best!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Cristina Fontana · Married on 07/13/2019

Best Decision

When we got engaged I knew I wanted David to be our photographer. He photographed my best friends wedding and after working closely with him and seeing his style I knew he was the right choice for our wedding. David was always responsive via email and phone. He always put my me and my husbands needs and wants before anything else. He always reminded us that it was our day and he was there for us. David is extremely efficient and organized. The day of our wedding he made sure that everything ran smoothly so my husband and I did not have to worry about a thing.

When we received our pictures we were blown. My husband and I enjoyed reliving our big day. We especially loved the colors in the pictures. Everything was so bright and true to color, we felt like we were right back in the moment.

We would recommend David to any bride and groom for their special day. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Jayna

Jayna Dorau · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing Wedding Photography

David is hands down the best! Since the first time we met with him, he has been dedicated to making sure my husband and I were happy. Our engagement pictures AND our wedding photos came out better than we could have imagined! We are absolutely in love with the pictures and the artistic eye that David has. He was so efficient on our wedding day, made sure we got all the pictures we wanted and then some. My friends and family even commented on how fantastic he was! I highly recommend David if you are looking for a photographer who loves what he does and goes out of his way to take care of you throughout the whole wedding process. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about David not only as a photographer, but as a person.

Sent on 07/09/2019
    David Apuzzo, Photography 14
    David Apuzzo, Photography 15
    David Apuzzo, Photography 16

Jessica Lanciotto · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely AMAZING Photographer

David was the best photographer we could have ever imagined photograph our special day. He captured every moment I could have wanted to see captured and i cannot put into words how amazing it was to see the final product. David's attention to detail and creativity with poses made each picture tell a story, especially even the candid photos. You could feel the emotion in each picture he and his assistant captured and seeing each picture after the event made those moments even more special. I highly recommend using David for your upcoming event, he made our wedding day so much less stressful and was so helpful with his timelines that he created, making sure you were where you needed to be when you need to be there. David is a dedicated photographer and always has his clients best interest in mind.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Michelle Guzman · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing experience!

David and his team were absolutely amazing and helped to make my wedding day easy to enjoy without stress. He is professional, down to earth, super easy to work with, enthusiastic, and obviously loves what he does. I was worried because my large family can become easily distracted, however, David was able to direct everyone with success! He was also there for us throughout the entire wedding planning process and is full of wedding related tips and resources. I highly recommend David!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Michael Hemenway · Married on 10/20/2018

Book him now!

I can't say enough good things about our experience with David. He was attentive and encouraging throughout the entire planning process right through the end of our wedding day. He worked with our venue/caterer to iron out all the details. Working with him helped make the day even more memorable. His team was spectacular and helped us feel at ease. I'm not the best with being the center of attention or being photographed but working with David took a lot of that stress away. He and his team were 100% professional and had an open ear all day long (I even got a very helpful pep talk during some stressful moments before the ceremony - thanks, Joel!). I absolutely cannot wait to see our wedding photos and would highly recommend David to anyone currently planning their wedding or special event. There is no second-guessing our decision to work with him.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Heather · Married on 09/15/2018

I met David over 10 years ago when he was shooting photos for a friend. After seeing his studio and work I was super impressed and I new one day I would use him for my wedding photos. Now years later I contacted David to talk about him shooting my wedding! He was extremely professional, friendly and easy to work with!
    We were very lucky to have David as a part of our wedding day. Photos was the most important thing to me, and he came through 100% for us! I can tell he truly loves what he does and puts everything into getting the best photos for you. Anyone looking for an amazing photographer needs to look no further than David!!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    David Apuzzo, Photography 17

Kristen Dew · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing quality photography

We loved having David photograph our wedding! He provided a free engagement shoot to get to know us and we were 100% sure we made the right choice when we spent the day together and when we saw the pictures. He was thorough and he captured so many special moments for us and our guests. David has a gift for taking a beautiful picture and was able to choose the best locations for us. His direction was very helpful as well since we had never taken professional photos before. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best pictures!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Lena · Married on 08/03/2018

You Would be Crazy to Hire Anyone Else!

Of all the vendors we hired for my wedding, David Apuzzo was the best. In fact, we wish we could have paid him for taking on wedding coordination duties. Not only is David an extremely talented photographer, but he is kind, professional, reasonably priced, and highly competent. His co-photographer, Tim, is also talented, kind, and invaluable. He was able to help groomsmen pin their boutonnières! The wedding was hectic, as many are for the bride and groom, but the pictures David took helped us relive moments and see the things we weren't able to see that day, and he didn't miss a moment! David also worked closely with the music, caterer, and vineyard to ensure a successful wedding. Additionally, I (bride) had a very brief emotional moment while getting ready. David cleared the room and helped me calm down and probably helped avert a meltdown. Needless to say, David Apuzzo went above and beyond the call of duty and produced the most beautiful wedding photos. We recommend David Apuzzo Photography above all others!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    David Apuzzo, Photography 18
    David Apuzzo, Photography 19

Jennarose · Married on 07/26/2018

I first met David when he photographed my brother's wedding years earlier, and he did such a fantastic job then, I knew when it was my turn, he would be one of the first vendors we would book. David has the amazing ability of catching all the little moments throughout the day; his shots of our guests at the wedding are some of my favorites! As David has been doing weddings for many years, he is also a great source for advice throughout the entire process. He also stayed on schedule all day and snuck us outside for some breathtaking sunset shots. As he has been in the wedding business for many years, he was able to share some tips and tricks with us which made our day even more memorable! One of his best traits though is David taking the time to get to know each of his couples and always making them feel like they are his top priority. I am so happy we booked him for our day!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Shelby · Married on 03/16/2018

It’s not every day that the groom actually finds the photographer! My husband met David through their bowling league and started talking about our wedding. David told Marcus he was a photographer and for us to check out his work. We only looked forward from there! David was informative and patient with us through our year of planning. He emailed and called to check in on us to make sure we were doing ok! Our engagement session just solidified why we went witn David. He made us feel less awkward and comfortable in front of the camera. Our pictures were nothing short of amazing and we couldn’t wait for the wedding day. The day of the wedding David kept our large wedding party in line and on schedule. We all had so much fun shooting!! Now one month later, we can’t stop looking at our pictures! We hope to keep in touch with David, as he’s truly become a friend. We highly recommend him to any of our friends/family getting married! We can’t wait to work with him again in the future!!

Sent on 04/26/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 12/17/2017

I have been following David's work for years, so when I got engaged it was a no-brainer to book him for our engagement photos and wedding photography. David is patient, professional and talented. He captured the emotions of our special day perfectly. I am glad we chose him as our wedding photographer and I would recommend him to anyone looking for quality work and peace of mind through the wedding planning process.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Terry · Married on 12/17/2017

Definition of MOBZilla: Mother of the Bride/Godzilla. I am the dreaded MOBZilla. My daughter hired David Apuzzo to be her wedding photographer. I called David and said, “Listen to me young man. Your job is to capture every wonderful moment but you MUST make me look taller, thinner and ten years younger and if you don’t do that I’m going to make sure that the final payment check bounces.” He did not seem nervous which made me scared for him. Clearly he had no idea who he was dealing with.

Take a look at the picture, which MIRACULOUSLY made me look like I was on the red carpet at the Oscars and he made me look better than I could have imagined for the old broad that I am. That check will not bounce.
    But enough about me. On December 17th, my youngest, my baby got married at The Barns in Middletown. David was and IS amazing. He was patient, kind, professional and organized. What sets him apart is his talent and his eye for detail and emotion. He captured it all with artistry.

To all the brides and mother of the brides out there, if you are looking for the VERY best in wedding photography, look no further than the talent and creative energy of David Apuzzo. He is remarkable. And he made an old woman look like a rock star! It doesn’t get any better than that! Thank you David!

Sent on 01/19/2018
    David Apuzzo, Photography 20

Sandra · Married on 10/28/2017

The most perfect photos. . .

We got married in October 2017 and are so happy to have chosen David as our photographer for engagement and wedding photos. He has such a great eye, creative and pays attention to his clients. Our pictures came out perfect! Not only did we get awesome pictures to remember our day, but David is now a friend. We can't wait to use him again for a maternity shoot!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Lawren · Married on 10/14/2017

David and his team were amazing to work with! From the initial meeting to the day of the wedding David took the time to understand what we were looking for and how we wanted our day to go and executed it perfectly. David took the time to understand the inter-working's of our wedding and genuinely address all concerns. David was also very responsive! I never had to worry about him calling us back which was extremely helpful when planning. Overall the photo quality is fantastic and we got them quickly! We have received endless compliments from our friends and family about our photos!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/23/2017

We absolutely loved working with David! He made us feel very comfortable during the engagement session and during our wedding day. We were originally hesitant to do an engagement session but he encouraged us to do one to get used to being in front of the camera- it made a big difference on our wedding day to know what to expect! He is full of great advice like this. David stayed for our entire wedding day and was able to capture so many amazing dance floor memories, including grandparents dancing. Some of these things might have been missed if we had a photographer that didn't stay until the end of the reception. We have gotten amazing feedback from friend and family after sharing our photos with them. We highly recommend David!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Diane · Married on 08/19/2017

David did an amazing job photographing our wedding! He is an incredibly creative and talented photographer. He really takes pride in his work, and is knowledgable and dedicated to his craft. David is kind and patient, and made us feel comfortable while taking photos. He captured so many amazing moments at our wedding, whether it was posed photos or candid moments. We love every single one of them, and really feel like we are reliving the day when we look back at them. He is very responsive, answered all our questions, and really gave us personal attention from beginning to end. All our photos are absolutely beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend David Apuzzo Photography!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Blaire · Married on 07/22/2017

I found David after searching through multiple photographers in my area online, but it was his blog that really made me think he was the right photographer for us (that and his beautiful photos of course!). He wrote about wanting to focus more on a "documentary" or "lifestyle" point of view, and that's exactly what I wanted for our intimate, backyard wedding. I wasn't sure if our small wedding would be something a well-known photographer would be interested in, but he was very enthusiastic from the start. He had great suggestions about lighting and timing when we were making plans, and he was very reassuring about how things would go on the big day. At the wedding he was patient and laid-back, but he was also great a wrangling everyone so that we could get all of the shots that we needed. We did want some traditional photos, and David was fantastic at directing us into appropriate poses, but he also managed to get many pictures throughout the day of more natural moments too, which we absolutely loved. He even took the time to make sure he got lots of pictures of our dog, who is a very important part of our lives! We will always be grateful to David for capturing our day!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Juliette · Married on 05/21/2017

Selecting a photographer to document our wedding was easy once we met with David at his studio! He definitely put any nerves I had at ease in regards to the whole process...my husband and I thought it would feel awkward and staged during our engagement photo shoot; instead, it just felt like a normal day of us walking our dog, Arrow, and enjoying each other's company...and we truly felt the photos portrayed that in the most natural way possible!

On our actual wedding day, David was amazing with our unique requests and also jumping in and making sure we stayed on schedule to get all the photos and poses we wanted done. We had two "First Looks," being that we were also taking photos in traditional Vietnamese wedding outfits prior to our ceremony. We never felt rushed and each first look felt special in their own way! I was also very persistent in making sure Arrow was well documented throughout our wedding day, and David and his team were awesome at getting our dog's attention and puppy expressions in all the photos! It truly made me so happy to see our family photos, Arrow included! As the day progressed, David and his team blended in so well that we didn't even notice them taking pics during the reception...which produced some awesome candid photos on the dance floor!

To top it off, the turnaround time for when we received the photos was very quick! We were not expecting the quantity either, as there are countless photos documenting every important detail of our day! Our family and friends have also ooh'ed and awe'ed at our photos, and we have received so many compliments about the quality of our photos! So many to choose from, so many we're in love with! We would not hesitate to recommend David and his team to anyone who is looking for great work, and even more important, a fun and easy going team! Thank you so much for documenting our special day and making it truly special to reflect on!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Kelly · Married on 05/14/2017

David was wonderful! He took so many great shots! I tended to get overwhelmed easily during wedding planning, and David was patient with me during all of those moments. His team was great as well, especially his second photographer, Tim. David's team was very personable and friendly. I also couldn't believe how quickly our photos came back. I was prepared to wait months, like many of my friends have with their wedding photographers, but David had our photos ready to view in a couple of weeks! We were very happy with all of our images. If you are looking for a photographer who is very invested in his craft and has a meticulous attention to detail, look no further. David is punctual, kind and an amazing photographer!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Tracy · Married on 04/08/2017

Selecting David Apuzzo and his team for our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made when making plans for our wedding. Not only is David accommodating and understanding, he was informative and showed genuine interest and care for our special day. His level of professionalism can't be beat, and he is ridiculously talented. He was able to capture our day exactly how we wanted and went over and beyond what we were expecting. His entire team was on point and just so much fun to work with - they kept us laughing all day. He also worked extremely well with our videographer and DJ. We are so thrilled with the entire experience. If you're in need of wedding photography, David will not steer you wrong!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Nicolette · Married on 01/07/2017

David was honestly the absolute best from the very beginning.  We were referred to him from a friend that followed his work on social media.  After scrolling through his Instagram, it was clear as day that David is extremely talented.  We met with him at his studio in Hamden, and it honestly felt like we had been friends for years.  He made us feel extremely comfortable and at ease.  We got married this past January and the one thing I didn't think through when booking a winter wedding was light.  When planning the ceremony it did not cross my mind that it gets dark earlier in the winter.  At our final meeting David brought this to our attention and once again put us at ease and figured out a way for us to be able to get daytime pictures without doing a first look.  The day of our wedding there was a snow storm and the pictures David took were AMAZING!!!  He made standing outside in the freezing cold totally worth it! We would hands down recommend David to anybody that is looking for a photographer, its one decision you will absolutely not regret!

Sent on 02/05/2017