40 Reviews for Dave Ainley Photography

Digital Files (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)
31 Dave Ainley Photography Reviews

A couple years ago(maybe longer) I attended a friends wedding and after the ceremony went to find a table. Finally found one with seats that weren't for family and sat next to this couple that was crazy awesome and nice. Turns out they were the photographers for the wedding, Dave & Jill Ainley. Since then I have followed this couple and their work. I finally had the opportunity to work with them as they now offer business lifestyle photoshoots. Something I was very interested as I make moves towards starting my own business. My experience was nothing short of amazing. The Ainleys do everything they can to loosen you up and make you feel comfortable. Spending time with the Ainleys always feels like sitting down for dinner with someone you've known for a very long time. They are very passionate and good at what they do. If you aren't working with Dave Ainley photography yet, you're missing out. They offer a plethora of photography services from a full-blown wedding, to business, to family, to anything you could possibly imagine they can make it happen. You won't be disappointed. Dave and Jill have a new client for life.

Profile Picture Meagan, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave is very professional and very kind hearted. During our boudoir shoot he made me feel comfortable and confident. The pictures turned out beautifully and I'm looking forward to doing more work with him! Would recommend.

Profile Picture Shakanna, 9/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave did my senior photos, one of my sisters senior photos, and my other sisters wedding photos. I can honestly say that we were all happy with each and every photo! My family and I will continue to come to him for all our photo needs!
I will say however, don't go to him if you want plain, boring, stare at the camera and smile photos.... His photos are much more creative!

Profile Picture McKenzie, 10/10/17, 1 Review
1.7

Orginal review was requested to be done prior to receiving pictures in order to "bump" the negative review down.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sami, 9/17/16, 1 Review
1.0

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!! Has never been on time every time we had to meet & forgot where we were meeting the day of engagement session. Original time was scheduled later in the day but at last minute he decides to tell us that he had something scheduled that he forgot about so had to switch our shooting time. He always makes you drive to him & has you drive him to shooting locations. Cut our engagement session sort due to weather (which I understood), tried to reschedule but was too busy to give us an hr so we had to hire another photographer. Gave us proofs which over half were useless, either they were so far that the quality of the picture was blurry or close ups we weren't looking at the camera! I asked if I'm stuck with these photos that I'm unhappy with and he gave me a story of how he spent so much time doing these photos that I don't have a choice. During the session we'd look at the camera to smile and he'd suggest to look away or do awkward kissing photos. Got pictures of the back of our heads, (what would u use those for?) needless to say none were of good quality to use for our save the dates. When the proofs were delivered they didn't even look like they were touched what so ever since I had seen them on his camera the day of the shoot! Any editing he charges for. 3 months later after the photo shoot, have paid him over a $1000 (he makes u pay monthly towards the wedding services before they are even done) and still hadnt gotten the whole 24 photos he owes us until I asked him for them. Needless to say his constant unprofessionalism we have decided to hire another photographer for our wedding & he's trying to say we are out the money that we have been paying him for services that he has not performed. And now since we have decided to go another direction he is just now, 3 months later going to release our printing rights of the photos to try to cover himself for the money we've paid him!! I do not recommend him!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6322800, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When I would think about wedding photos it stressed me out a little bit. I wanted something different and fun and yet traditional. Working with Dave and Jill far exceeded our expectations. I honestly had no clue how they would take our crazy ideas for photos and make them work but it was beautiful and perfect. They have a way of making you feel comfortable and relaxed on what is one of the most stressful days of your life. We laughed, cried & laughed again and the best part was.... that's just who my husband and I are and Jill & Dave were able to 100% perfectly show that in our photos. We can't wait to use them again for future life events. Besides that, we have new friends for life.

Profile Picture Jacob & Amanda, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would highly recommend Dave Ainley to anyone who is looking for a photographer, no matter thee event. We have hired him for our July, 9th Wedding and he just recently did our engagement photos. His creativity, personality and work ethic is like no other! He photographed us on a Sunday afternoon and had our "sneak peaks" posted the very next day and it just happened to be our anniversary, which was beyond thoughtful and such a nice surprise! We feel truly blessed to know him and feel even more blessed to have him be a part of our big day! He comes very highly recommended from many and if my fiancé and I could rate him a 10, we would!

Profile Picture Stacy, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave and Jill Ainley did an incredible job photographing our outdoor wedding. For the months leading up to it they helped us wrap our heads around the big day and even helped us write up a timeline. Dave recently shot our family photos, too. Their quality and uniqueness is like nothing else we've seen. We definitely felt we got what we paid for. We will cherish our photos for the treasures they are.

Profile Picture nick, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I highly recommend him! He did my senior pictures and from then on I knew he was gonna shoot my wedding. He just did our engagement photos and just from the 2 teasers he posted I am already in love. Dave knows how to capture the most breath taking photos. I can't wait till he shoots our wedding. He is so much fun to work worth!!

Profile Picture Breana, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have not only used Dave Ainley Photography for my own use but have had many friends and family use him as well! Each and every time Dave was very professional and did an excellent job! I speak only to the business side of things because his work and quality of art need no praise. They speak for themselves! Dave is more than just a photographer, he is an artist. Check out Dave Ainley Photography on Facebook and you'll see exactly what I mean! I highly recommend his talent!

Profile Picture User6440447, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave Ainley was incredible from start to finish. He worked with us from day one and drove to the Spokane Indian reservation to do our pictures on a very hot outdoor wedding. He did not let that stop him and we came away with some truly original and beautiful pictures that we will cherish til we are old and wrinkled.

Profile Picture Jesse, 11/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave has and continues to be a great area of support for my fiancé and I. He maintains professionalism at all times, but still has the ability to be fun and quirky, keeping the experience exciting and memorable. He has an eye for images that most are unable to see and I'm blown away by the natural talent that Dave has for photography. Highly recommend for any photography circumstance.

Profile Picture Luke, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I recommend Dave for any type of life event you want to savor forever! His natural looking and personalized vision for our family photos, our engagement, and wedding photos have been one of the many reasons we loved working with Dave and hang his photos proudly in our home. He cares about the people in his photos and got to know my husband and I so that on the day he took our wedding photos our friend was behind the lense. No other vender involved in our wedding knew us like Dave did. I am pleased and feel blessed to know Dave as our family photographer and one pretty cool guy!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave is a true artist. He isn't afraid to climb a tree or lay on wet ground if thats what it take to get the shot. He is the only guy I know who still shoots film (of course he supplements with digital) but there is an undeniable quality to film that you just don't get with digital. He's not the cheapest photographer out there, but you get what you pay for, so if you want some unique amazing shots, he's the guy. He gets to know you in order to capture your photos your way.

Profile Picture Scott, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you want a creative genius Dave Ainley is the person for you!!! I couldn't have asked for a more amazing photographer for one of the most important days of my life! Dave and his wife jill are a dynamic duo they were able to add so much joy to our day and working with them was so stress free id do it all over again :-)

Profile Picture Aubrey, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave is an amazing photographer. His photos are top notch. And he is very passionate about what he does. My fiancé and I booked him and we live across the state. That's how much we loved his work. We traveled to Spokane for an engagement session and Dave was VERY patient and kind while working with my fiancé and I who were both more than a bit nervous to get photos taken as we had not really done it before. His Goal was always to put our comfort first and he wanted to make sure we felt like ourselves in the photos. He is amazing at capturing true moments and emotions.

Also he has amazing customer service skills and was willing to work faster for us since we live so far away.

We highly recommend him and are excited for him to travel to our side to shoot our wedding at Port Gamble.

Cont'd...
So the wedding has come and gone and Dave and Jill were again phenomenal! I love looking at all the moments Dave was able to capture. He caught the true essence of the wedding, the mood, the atmosphere, the nervousness, the anticipation, the pure joy, the terror. He is an amazingly talented photographer. And. My wife and I are beyond thrilled that he was put in our lives and we were able to hire him to shoot our wedding. And he doesn't just capture the bride and groom (while those are his main focus) he also captures what the guests are feeling and that's very special to us. I sent a picture of some friends of mine dancing to them and they started to cry from the beauty of it (not exaggerating)

YOU NEED TO HIRE THIS MAN!!!NO ONE ELSE WILL DO!

Profile Picture Kyle, 4/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I got married in Las Vegas, Dave and Jill traveled to Vegas to shoot my bridal and wedding photos. Even through the tough stress of the wedding they kept me laughing through it all. Thanks for everything guys!

Profile Picture User6442173, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave and Jill were amazing people to work with! Dave makes you feel so at ease with his laid back personality and humor. As a result our photos turned out AMAZING because he captures you in the moment with real laughs and real smiles. He loves his work and makes sure that we will love it too. Definitely my go to guy for photography services in the future!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

For our engagement photo session all I can say is, what an incredible experience! The whole shoot completely surpassed my expectations. The entire session felt like a regular day for Lindsey and I, and captured perfectly how we enjoy spending time together. Dave was very professional, but at the same time it seemed as if we had planned a fun day together and had a dear friend go along and simply capture every moment for us. Dave allowed us to be our weird selves and lead the way. He only interceded and/or gave direction when absolutely necessary to ensure we captured the moment the best way possible on camera, and to make sure we got the most out of our session. I highly recommend Dave Ainley Photography!

Profile Picture Andrew, 2/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Give this guy a look see. No matter what your occasion, his style is so unique, it'll blow your mind! Anywhere from the most phenomenal senior portraits, weddings, baby showers, album covers, or your grandmother's 100th birthday. He will take some time to get to know you and yours, (which was my favorite part), and take those gems and make them come alive in your photos. Amazing flexability and talent. Willing to travel! My wedding day was MADE by Dave Ainley and his wife Jill. ♥ Many thanks to a wonderful couple.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 11/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Can I just say WOW! Dave and his wife Jill are AMAZING at what they do. A photographer was the one thing we were willing to spend some extra money on and boy are we glad we did! I definetly recommend taking a look at Dave Ainley's Photography page on facebook because what you see is what you get! They will make you look better than you ever thought you could! I am the WORST at taking pictures but he found a way to make me comfortable enough to take some amazing pictures that I will cherish forever! He doesn't do a lot of pose, point, shoot kind of photography so if that's what you're looking for you'll definetly want to communicate that to them. We are 100% satisfied with our engagement and wedding photos and feel this was the best investment we made. We can't wait to share them with everyone and put them on the walls in our home!

Profile Picture Aubrey, 7/20/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave and Jill were AWESOME to work with. They gave us amazing photos for our engagement session and our wedding that we felt captured our personality and our relationship with each other. Everyone who looked at our pictures said "This shows how you guys really are!"
They were also really kind, helped us out with reception planning and gave us some great tips, and were very good at honoring their word (once Dave told us he would give us a free edit. When we reminded him a couple months later and he didn't remember doing it, he honored his word anyway).
So yeah! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Rachael, 6/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave Ainley is AMAZING!! He isn't your ordinary photographer. He goes out of his way to get to know his clients so they feel comfortable, he does whatever he can to get the shot that his eye is seeing, he is real!! Ive hired Dave 3 different times and he doesn't disappoint. His photos always come out better than I ever expected. He isn't only a lifelong photographer, but a lifelong friend. You will not regret hiring Dave Ainley Photography to photograph your wedding. He captures real moments, what more couod you ask for?

Profile Picture Kendra, 6/9/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I was a brides maid in a wedding this summer where Dave Ainley was the photographer. I am the type of person that doesn't like to have my picture taken because I over think how I look. However; Dave's friendly nature and professionalism allowed the day to focus on the beautiful couple and the bridal party didn't have one picture where we weren't genuinely smiling. Not only did he give us great pictures to look back on the day, but we also have great memories of they guy behind the lens. Thank you Dave.

Profile Picture Erika, 6/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave and Jill are truly amazing at what they do. Anyone can take a photo, but it takes true talent to get the quality of photos that they deliver. And their talents do not stop with the amazing photos either (as if that would not be enough), they have an unmatched way of putting people who may be camera shy at ease and are hilarious to boot. The photos we received and the atmosphere they create is worth every penny and more of Dave's reasonable prices. My husband and I could not of been happier with the entire experience and with our wedding and engagement photos. I can not thank them enough. Highly recommend using them for any occasion or photo need!

Profile Picture Kallee, 3/2/13, 1 Review