Darling Wedding Productions Reviews

124 | Salisbury, MD

124 Reviews for Darling Wedding Productions

Craig · Married on 09/12/2006

Justin is an awesome DJ and one hell of a multi tasker. Our wedding was straight out of a fairy tale. Perfect till the end. Could not thank THAT DJ GUY enough. I would not recommend him, if I were you I would INSIST on him.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Cece · Married on 05/27/2017

Great to work with - very pleasant and accommodating!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Linsey · Married on 08/08/2015

Justin Darling is That DJ Guy and he was the DJ for my wedding in August. He was beyond wonderful! Being the first to have a wedding in my family, I had no idea what I was doing. I knew I wanted it to be traditional and Justin helped me make it so! He gave me a run down of what a traditional wedding timeline would look like. He offered to take charge of the night and direct my other vendors for me. He followed through on his word and made the night flow easily! Justin was more than a DJ, he was my right hand man. I Also wanted the intro to a song to be my processional music. I sent him the song and the time in which the intro played and he worked it all out for me! He is so helpful, has an AMAZING personality, and great taste in music. Ladies, any DJ is going to play great music at your wedding…. but Justin does more than that! Out of all of the vendors I hired, he is the only one I would hire again if I had to do it all over again.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Chris · Married on 10/20/2012

Justin was excellent and helped us every step of the way. I've worked many weddings and the DJ can make or break a wedding, Justin was great and we had a blast! I'd use him for any other event we needed and highly recommend him

Sent on 02/08/2013

Anne · Married on 10/02/2010

Justin did a fantastic job as our DJ and our lighting guru. The music was perfect -- he listened to our vision for the music throughout the ceremony and reception and came up with a great playlist. He also did our uplighting and it came out really wonderfully. He showed us a few different color options and walked me through how they would look at our venue (Lighthouse Sound). I would work with Justin again in an instant, and it doesn't hurt that he's the most reasonably priced DJ we found.

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Anne and Mike were the perfect couple! I'll never forget the toast, and how you are Skins/Steelers fans, and republican/democrat..and how you were featured on a MNF game in full dress!

Karyn · Married on 08/28/2010

Overall a great, great night, much thanks to Justin for amazing music!!! Very easy to work with, and lots of options for lighting and special effects!

Nicolle · Married on 04/29/2017

Justin was very professional but also entertaining and fun! Came to my reception in a suit (which I appreciated given what I've seen DJ's wear to other weddings). Played a great selection of the music from categories we were looking for like beach music, big band, 50's, and then dance music into the evening ours. There was something for everyone and he kept the party moving. He also did a great job MCing the event and followed our order of events perfectly!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Marylynn · Married on 04/22/2017

We used that dj guy for our wedding and he was great. They had all the songs we needed for our special dances, even though they weren't exactly the run of the mill normal wedding songs.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 10/03/2015

Justin was a pleasure to work with. He was always very quick to respond to any questions. We used him for DJ, uplighting, special cloud effect and the photobooth. We also had a logo that was on glasses we had made for favors, he came up with the great idea to use the same logo to project on the ceiling. Everything was great. The clouds were amazing and made for great pictures. He kept the dance floor full the whole night. He is so easy going and is very flexible.

Sent on 10/20/2015

THE ABSOLUTE BEST. We booked with Justin who was courteous and professional, and had Eric as the DJ on the day of our wedding. Both were great, making sure we had all of the details ironed out. But let me just talk about Eric for a minute. He seriously MADE our wedding. We ended up adding an extra half our to the end of our event because we were having too much fun on the dance floor and didn't want to leave. He played song after song that kept everyone (from young to old) out on the floor. He was on top of the schedule and kept everything running smoothly. I could not have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

During the planning process my husband and I worked with Justin. We do not live in the area, but visit often. Justin was great at communicating with us. He answered all of our questions and concerns, and even lended some advice as far as our venue and set up. The day of the wedding our DJ was Aaron. He was simply amazing. We had some game time changes and he was great at accomadating the changes and keeping the party rolling like nothing had ever happened. We had people on the dance floor all night! He accepted requests from the guests (within reason) which many commented that it made them feel good that the DJ listened to them. He played music that appeared to all of our guest's generations. I couldn't say one bad thing about his DJing that night. Justin followed back up with us a few days after the wedding and made sure everything went smoothly. It was nice that he wanted to check in and it made us feel that he didn't just want our money and be done. "That DJ Guy" family really took their time to make sure our event went smoothly and kept the party going all night. All of their hard work definitely did not go unoticed and we highly recommend them for future events!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Sean · Married on 10/09/2010

Justin did a great job for us. We were very happy with his service, and found him extremely easy to work with.

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

I had a great time, right on the Ocean City Boardwalk. We had a beautiful day, outdoors, with a fun crowd! Man, I love my job!

That DJ guy was super responsive from the very beginning. After exchanging a few emails with him, I was sure I wanted to book him right away. He was actually the first vendor I booked for my entire wedding. He was super polite, organized, and responsive throughout all of our planning and absolutely delivered the day of. Thank you that DJ guy!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Sounds like an awesome value to me!

Justin played all of our favorite songs. He kept the tone of the reception casual and up beat. All of our guest have said what a great time they had at the reception. We loved it and will carry the memories for years to come. Thanks for a great party!

Sent on 10/07/2013

lauren · Married on 06/01/2013

3.0

Justin played all the music we wanted and provided the fun, dancing atmosphere we desired. Very easy to work with and very attentive during the reception. He was on the pricier side but we figured you get what you pay for.. Overall we would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Lauren's wedding was a blast! She held it at the fantastic Lighthouse Sound. (The Mashed Potato bar was awesome--yea, I had some!)

I'm a little miffed at the 3 out of 5 stars for value. It seems that "value" to often is confused for "price". Straight "5's" for everything else indicates to me that the value for the money spent was a 5 as well. True, you would have no problem finding a cheaper DJ. However, you would also save money by having a burger from McDonald's. For the very most special events in your life, you surely deserve the very best!
  • User3942051 · 2+ years ago

3.0

Justin was great, easy to work with, quick with email responses at all hours, and helped guide me in the right direction. He was great when my venue had to change 6 months out and I was a little heartbroken, he sent me a video that got me super excited for how beautiful the new venue could be. When we signed our contract he sent an excel sheet to fill out, a few month before the wedding he sent me an email link and said I could do either. I emailed him and did both because the excel sheet had more details than the website. There were a few hiccups that day, the parents walked down the aisle to some traditional wedding song (don't know what its called), we wanted our family to join us in our first dance after we danced a bit, that didn't happen- I tried to signal to him but it was lost in translation. My parents are divorced and my mom was upset she couldn't help as much with the wedding as she would have liked, and a mother/daughter dance wasn't for me so I requested he play a special song for her. He did but the song he played WAS NOT THE CORRECT SONG! I didn't realize until I stopped thanking everyone table to table to hug my mom when she said "what song is this?" and at that point it was too late to have him change it. The song he played was actually the "interlude" song that was supposed to play at the ceremony. These are minor things. The music and atmosphere were amazing, most guests and myself were dancing ALL. NIGHT. LONG! Make sure you are clear if there are specifics you want! Hire that DJ guy

Sent on 04/12/2015

Justin was a fantastic DJ for our wedding reception. He was very responsive with questions and often responded back within hours via email. He is also very open to do pretty much whatever you want and will tailor the music/atmosphere to whatever environment you want to have for your guests. I would recommend him to other couples looking for a fantastic DJ.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Nancy · Married on 04/19/2014

4.2
      2.5

Call in plenty of time to book! Good enough we used him twice so far!! Would use again.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

We're happy to have been here at this wonderful wedding. The only thing I'd like to add is the difference between value and price is quality. Some people see the word value and think cost. You can find cheaper without question. We provide a quality service, not a cheap price.
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 09/24/2011

4.2

Justin Darling, with That DJ Guy, wasn't able to DJ our event, so he referred us to Aaron Thompson, DJ Silk. Aaron brought a feeling to the event that can't be matched! We had several specific requests and Aaron took each one on with a smile and provided a kickin' party! Aaron supplemented the event, along with our other events. He did not make himself the center of attention, like many other DJ's like to do, but he provided great music. At the end of the evening, our guests liked him so much that they were chanting over and over "One more song! One more song!!" Aaron took what we asked for and put it into action making our evening FABULOUS! Thank you Justin for putting us in touch with Aaron. Aaron, thank you for making our wedding reception a memorable one...for us and our guests! You are AWESOME!!!

Sent on 10/12/2011
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/24/2017

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Justin is very professional and still fun! He understood the feel of the ceremony and event we were looking for. Other than some technical difficulties (microphones going out) everything was good. He worked with all the other vendors to make sure the day went smoothly!

Sent on 09/16/2018

3.4
      3.0

I have read the review from past clients of his That DJ Guys service and I am sure that JUSTIN deserved it, however I did not have Justin at my wedding. I had a stand in that was less than par. Here is my story...
    When I found That DJ GUY for my reception, Justin made me feel very confident that he would take care of it all. We spoke several times on the phone and through emails about details and cost. I agreed it all. When it was time to sign the contract he had booked another gig for that day. I was shocked and upset to say the least! Justin immediately got a stand in for me and assured me that he would be as professional as he is. Well that did not happen! The DJ is supposed to be the orchestrator of the reception to make sure that day goes off with out a hitch. Nor Justin or the stand in spoke to the caterer about the days events prior to that day which caused confusion. For instance, I specifically discussed with Justin and that stand in, Aaron, that I will NOT be doing a bouquet toss, well the DJ came up to me half way through and asked me if I was ready to do the Bouquet toss. I knew right then and there that something was wrong. I thought what else is he not doing? Then I realized My reception was going to be over in an hour and he still had not announced for the cake to be cut and nobody was on the dance floor because of the bad choice of music he was playing. I asked where his flow sheet was that me, Justin and Aaron went over SEVERAL times prior to the day and he could not find it. AHHHH! So I calmly got him back on track without any of my guest knowing about. He was unorganized and did not play any of the requested songs we spoke about. I could not have been more disappointed
    I would not tell anyone not use Justins services but be careful when he pawns you off on someone else. I felt like all my time and efforts on conference calls with the 2 of them planning to make sure this day was perfect was wasted and they went did there own thing.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Renee first contacted us for wedding DJ services in September 14th. We had a very pleasant discussion regarding ideal DJ services. After this initial contact, Renee went MIA until November when she finally wanted to make us her choice for DJ entertainment. Unfortunately for Renee, another bride secured my services personally with a contract as the date in question was a very popular Saturday in May--prime wedding time. We treat all dates as open until they are secured with a contract. Renee was not pawned off. She was not promised me personally at anytime and then duped after the fact. She simply failed to secure her date with a signed agreement while another bride did so. Aaron is not a stand in. He’s a trusted professional with us for three years, and a successful DJ before then. This said, I would like to address Renee's concerns:

Renee did indeed indicate to us that there would be no bouquet toss. When the DJ was approached by the on site wedding coordinator about a bouquet toss, Aaron was taken aback, but did what any good DJ would do and immediately went to clear it up with Renee. This was maybe 15 seconds in total time and a simple "no" would have cleared this all up. Renee has made this sound like Aaron disregarded the flow of the event completely and ruined her event. You can draw your own conclusion as to how major this really was. As a DJ--we understand that we're part of a larger team--team bride. When the coordinator mentions an event we don't have on paper--we quickly clear this up.

Our software allows us to log each and every song played at events. Aaron made two cocktail/dinner CD’s that were carbon copies of the list that Renee provided for us. The first five songs thereafter were selections she put on her “must play” list. If the songs were the wrong songs—it was only because she selected wrong songs to be played. This is where I begin to feel that we defend ourselves to much because I, personally, feel that when somebody defends their position too aggressively, it makes them look even guiltier. However, our reputation is what keeps us sought after, and it’s imperative that misrepresentations not be ignored.

Moving on to "being an hour behind". This is simply a reach. After dinner service the parent dances were scheduled. At this time, both the groom and the father of the groom were outside enjoying a celebratory cigar. It's not possible to do these parent dances without the key players involved--so Aaron simply played appropriate music until they made themselves available. Again--draw your own conclusion as to how this would affect the celebration. It should also be noted that at this time, Renee proceeded to curse out Aaron and belittle him and his professional ability.

Renee is a self professed type a controlling person. (Her words) During the toasts, her maid of Honor joked about "how happy she always is" in a very sarcastic way, which drew laughs. Also, after Renee cussed out Aaron, one of her bridesmaids came over to personally apologize, and told Aaron in no uncertain terms that this was not an isolated incident. Renee used the word “calmly”…and then tells that only because of her efforts, the party was a success.

At the end of the reception, Aaron was greeted with a bear hug by the groom and thanked for a job well done. Likewise, I researched Facebook to see what Renee's wall looked like. She had multiple wedding guests tell her it was the best party they'd been to in a long time. When I brought this up to Renee--she told me it was "all because I (Renee) was there to make it all happen. Again--you draw your own conclusions.

At the end of all of this we have a bride who, by all sources, had a great wedding reception. She agreed to it, my DJ, the wedding coordinator, and the caterer all agreed that it was a great party. At the end of the day I ask that you draw your own conclusions as to how severely three additional songs between dinner and the parent dances, and a quick triple check on a bouquet toss really is as to a failed event. I should also note that Renee demanded a full refund of money spent because of this. You decide.

We pride ourselves on providing the best services possible. We also own our faults if and when they occur as nobody's perfect, and we will never stop striving to provide a premium services. Again, you decide if a quick confirmation on an event, and the groom and father of the bride stepping out for a cigar warrant the “disappointment” that this particular bride professes.

Maria · Married on 09/10/2011

3.2
      2.0

Justin Darling, That DJ Guy, was not available for our wedding day, so he referred us to Eric. My husband and I had met with Eric and called several of his references who spoke very highly of him. Eric had tons of experience and we were excited to work with him. However, sad to say that on the day of our wedding he disappointed us. While he did a great job of keeping people on the dance floor, he had trouble with the transitions and were betrayed as awkward. In my father’s words, he seemed to be in his own world. We had also reviewed the itinerary two days before the wedding and he missed several things we had discussed. While he dressed professional for our wedding, he made a very rude comment to my sister-in-law. In my opinion a good DJ is someone who helps make things run smoothly on your special day during the reception and Eric was the one vendor that let me down.

Sent on 02/11/2012

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Eric and I have discussed this event time and time again as one of those "bad days". Eric informed me that there were several unforeseen technical errors that occurred during the evening that he was taking care of so that Maria never noticed. While he may have seen withdrawn, he was simply trouble shooting to see that the evening continued without a hitch. With any electrical components, these things are always a possibility. It speaks to Eric's professionalism that he was able to handle these situations without leading on to the guests at the event.

We're happy to hear that Maria was satisfied that the dance floor stayed packed throughout the evening, as we knew that was very important to her. From all accounts, the evening was a success from an entertainment point of view, and for that we are very pleased.

In regards to the "very rude" comment made- I'll copy and paste an exact quote from Eric. As mentioned, him and I have discussed this event at length as it does not reflect the quality we demand of ourselves. While we take full responsibility for the technical difficulties, we feel that this representation of the evening was misunderstood. Per Eric: "She approached me hollering at me to play something "RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I'M THE BRIDE'S GROOM!!!". I jokingly replied "You’re the Bride's Groom?!?!". She corrected herself saying "I'M THE GROOM'S BRIDE!!!" and continued to loudly make her demand with slurred speech. I concluded she must be related to one or the other, but refused to entertain her *request* until she calmed down and spoke to me in a courteous, normal toned, appropriate manner. This took several attempts, and then it was as if she flipped a switch and became extremely friendly and very chatty. At this point, a young man came over to escort her away to *rescue* me from her. And yes, despite her attitude, I did play her request."

I can only assume that there was a misrepresentation of how this incident was handled when it got back to Maria. Unfortunately, when copious amounts of alcohol are consumed, things like this can happen and can be taken out of proportion. Certainly by the time this incident got back to Maria, some details may have been left out to persuade one way or another.

I firmly believe that the way a company responds to criticism says a lot about their character. I readily admit, and accept, that we had a bad day in regards to the technical aspect. We have apologized to Maria about this. I thank her for the honest critique and look forward to using this event to learn from, and become a better provider of, our DJ services.

Amie · Married on 04/22/2017

2.8
      1.0
      3.0

We selected Justin because he came highly recommend from an event coordinator at a venue we were originally going to use. We had concerns before our wedding with the services but tried to ignore them with the hopes that the day of the wedding would be perfect. Justin did our ceremony music and him and his assistant were overheard by some of our family members on the balcony making inappropriate comments about our ceremony. Our family was offended and upset. One of our bridal party couples picked out an entrance song and they were told right before they were walking into the reception that he could not find the song they requested. This should have been communicated to me before so that this pair could have picked another song. The DJ announced at 11pm that the wedding was over, when it wasn't over until 1130pm. We had a multicultural wedding and we gave Justin a playlist with specific songs, with the artist name. During the wedding he was playing songs that he said were in the list but it was not the right song. It was obvious that he didn't do his homework and preparation that was needed for our wedding. Both of our families were very disappointed with the DJ. We paid a lot of money and we do not feel that the services provided were worth the money we paid.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

We pride ourselves on providing outstanding services to our clients at fair pricing. We've worked very closely with Amie and her husband since January of 2016 to put together the perfect wedding. From the ceremony to the reception---lighting, photobooth, and that perfect first dance on clouds--we pulled out all the stops for this one.

I'm at a loss for where this review came from. I'm honestly not sure what was overheard during the ceremony but somebody clearly heard something that was either very much out of context, or something entirely different than what was said.

The dance floor was packed, the guests happy, and by all accounts, the night was a smash. Now, I own the fact that there was one song I could not obtain for introductions. Unfortunately, youtube links are unacceptable for us to play and it was not possible to source, legally, everything on youtube. We apologize for this. As for songs, we played the titles given to us via a text message. There was instance that I remember where Amie told me I was not playing the correct song. The song i played was identical to the name given.

We're sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and would value the chance to discuss matters further to get on the same page.

chris · Married on 08/06/2011

2.6
      2.5
      1.5

The experience of having Justin as our DJ was definitely memorable. Not necessarily in a good way. There were certainly some high points and low points with his service during our special day. Ceremony: Low point- we gave Justin a very clear and concise list of what we wanted played during the ceremony. We reviewed a plan with him as far as the placement of those songs and order of what was occurring. The songs that we requested were either not played at all, or played out of order. Then there was just a random selection. My, just pronounced, wife and I walked back up the aisle IN COMPLETE SILENCE (no recessional song). He kindly apologized stating that the sun was in his eyes and it was, "just not his day". As far as professionalism was concerned, Justin promised to us, during our first meeting, that professionalism was something he prided himself on. I would be remised if I did not point out the fact that his choice of attire on our wedding day.... a T-shirt. All this being said, we noticed a lot of the mishaps because we knew what everything was supposed to look and sound like. The average unassuming guest might not have taken note of all of the occurrences, and all in all everyone had a good time. One thing that surely left a bad taste in our mouths with the whole thing was that out of all of the money we invested, he offered $0 as a compensation for the botched ceremony and his "off day".

Sent on 04/18/2012

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

This comes a little out of left field for me. It's been eight months since this reception and out of the blue this evaluation pops up. There certainly was no indication of any dissatisfaction between now and then.

There indeed was an issue with the playing of the recessional choice walking back after being pronounced husband and wife. As anybody that has ever looked at a computer in the noon sun could attest, it's almost impossible to see the screen due to the glare. (we have since fixed this--live and learn!) In regards to the songs being played, I can assure that each song asked for was played. I did play other songs not on the list because of a delay in the wedding procession.

As for the attire, I certainly did not simply wear a t-shirt. I always wear suits to my events, and in this case I opted to wear a ribbed short sleeve shirt under the jacket rather than a shirt and tie as the entire event was held outside, without the luxury of air conditioning, in the infamous heat and humidity of an Eastern Short August. I figured this would be a better look then a soaked shirt!

After the ceremony, everybody had a blast. The reception couldn’t have better from my stand point. Again, this is out of left field for me.

As far as any other mishaps, I’m honestly at a loss. If I made them, I certainly apologize. Likewise, when mistakes do happen I’ll take the blame without hesitation as I do try to present myself in the most professional of manner. I do find it curious that 8 months after the fact these things are brought to my attention. I’ve not heard a word either way since the wedding.

Chris, I offer to you my apologies. I would have loved to have done so in person had I known.