Darling Wedding Productions Reviews

124 | Salisbury, MD

124 Reviews for Darling Wedding Productions

LAURA · Married on 03/31/2012

We met Justin at a Bridal Expo and were very impressed with his presentation and professionalism, in fact so impressed we skipped the rest of the DJ's at the expo. We arranged a meeting within the month --even though the wedding was well over a year away-- and signed the contract. We were on a budget, but we didn't question or shop his prices. It was more important to have a wonderful evening and to have someone that you could feel completely at ease with. He's more than just a guy playing music... thanks to him, the evening was wonderful and everyone had a fabulous time!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

I love this review for two reasons. One, I've kept in contact since the wedding, and now consider these people my friends. And two, she mentioned that while she was on a budget, she valued what we have to offer. Sometimes, it's tough for a DJ to show their worth.

Sure, we have meetings, discuss an event and have a ball while we do it, but often times the allure of a bargain basement DJ is to much for a client to resist. Not these guys! Thank you for not confusing price with value. In the wedding industry, you certainly get what you pay for. A below par florist wont ruin your day, but a bad DJ will. Thanks!

Amanda · Married on 03/03/2012

We absolutely recommend That DJ Guy. Justin was extremely professional, unobtrusive, and accommodating. We planned this wedding while living in different states (and sometimes countries) from each other and the wedding location. We never even met Justin in person and did all coordination through email and phone and Justin completely figured out the type of people we were and what kind of reception we wanted. Everyone had an excellent time and the dance floor was always packed. We definitely owe our successful reception to the excellent service that That DJ Guy rendered. We've received many compliments from our guests. He created the perfect atmosphere for our perfect day.

Sent on 03/05/2012

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Mike and Amanda represent all that is good in the world. Both lend themselves selflessly in our military to protect our freedoms. For me to be able to lend my talents for their special day was an honor. Have a look at just a little bit of the fun: http://vimeo.com/37919451

Natalie · Married on 10/01/2011

We were lucky enough to stumble upon That DJ Guy (Justin) online, and so thankful that we chose him to DJ at our wedding! He did the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and it was all perfect! His prices were beyond reasonable, and his services were exceptional.

For the ceremony, I sent Justin a CD with the music to play for the seating, processional, bridal march, and recessionals. He did a lovely job pulling the whole thing together. Before the wedding, Justin gave us a packet to fill out, in which we included information for the bridal party announcements and songs, music for the first dance, parents' dances, cake cutting, etc. It definitely helped keep things organized at the event. We even had to make some last minute changes to the bridal party announcement right beforehand and Justin handled it perfectly with no glitches. He also made sure to ask us when we were ready for him to announce the speeches, cake cutting, and dances, but he wasn't bugging us all night either so we could focus on having fun.

We asked Justin, on a scale from 1-10, to be involved at about a 5. We could have easily asked him to be more involved because he was a really cool guy and not cheesy at all. Even when my grandma requested "the macarena," (she really doesn't know better ha!), Justin made the whole thing funny and people actually got into it. He kept people dancing the whole night.

Justin was extremely professional, organized, and flexible, but also an all around fun DJ. He played exactly the kinds of music that we wanted, kept it clean as we requested, and honored our guests requests. We were pretty impressed that he actually had some of the songs that were requested because we heard a couple obscure ones. We tried We would highly recommend That DJ Guy to anyone getting married on the Eastern Shore, he's guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser :)

Sent on 10/17/2011

Rich · Married on 09/10/2011

That DJ Guy, Justin, was a referral from our photographer. As has been proven referrals tend to be better options as someone's name is on the line. This was certainly the case with Justin. He takes the necessary time to get to know you through face to face meetings, you won't plan your wedding over the phone or through the web. This is his primary job so you will have all of his focus to ensure your experience is top knotch. He likes to stay at the front of the DJ technology scene and even tested out a new product at our wedding.
    Overall he did a great job and helped make our wedding amazing!

Sent on 02/28/2013

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2011

Justin was great to work with! Everyone kept telling us how they liked the mix of music he was playing. We had quite the variety of tastes present at our wedding (country, hip-hop, pop, metal, classic rock), and he pleased everyone! The lighting he provides is really sweet too and you won't find another dj that has the cool dj booth that can be lit to match your wedding colors. We would definitely recommend Justin to anyone. He really is top notch and you will not be disappointed. Thanks Justin!!

Sent on 09/06/2011
  • Soon to be Mrs.Case

Soon to be Mrs.Case · Married on 07/23/2011

Justin is awesome and great to work with. Everyone was on the dance floor dancing and he was very energetic. Justin is very responsive with his emails and truly made my reception!!!

Sent on 08/07/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/09/2011

The lighting was beautiful and really helped set the mood for my reception. Justin played great, up-to-beat and current music. He did a great job and we would hire him again!!

Sent on 07/27/2011
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/25/2011

Justin was great at my bayside wedding at the beach. I gave him my list of songs I wanted and he took the time to add other songs that he knew would fit my style wedding. He was a great addition to my fun, casual, beachy, wedding:)

Sent on 07/02/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2011

We loved working with Justin in every way. He really gave us so many options to choose from and created the perfect wedding for us. Everything we had asked, he delivered. Highly recommended

Sent on 02/06/2012

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

What a great couple! Myrick and Jennie were great! A lot of the time my clients make me feel more like friends and family, and those events are the best! Thanks guys!

Heather · Married on 03/26/2011

Justin was an absolute pleasure to work with. To say that he went above and beyond the call of duty would be an absolute understatement. At our first meeting, I knew right away that I could trust Justin to keep me and my guests happy. Justin is friendly, engaging and has tons of energy. I booked him on the spot and consider that to be one of the best decisions I made during my planning process.

We met a few more times after the initial meeting and I filled out a worksheet that he provides that helps him to understand your specific likes and dislikes in musical taste. During the wedding, every song he played was spot on. I can’t tell you how many guests complimented Justin’s song choices and energy.

In addition to Justin’s professionalism and musical taste, he is incredibly well spoken and introduced each person/event with energy and much care. He really took the time to rehearse the pronunciations of each person’s name and he is truly willing to wait on you hand and foot.

Also, I can’t forget to mention that we took advantage of his awesome lighting abilities. The “under the stars” effect that shimmered as we danced to our first dance and our name in lights on the floor really added that special touch to the reception space that we were searching for.

With all of this being said, I would be remiss if I did not mention that I believe Justin’s best quality as a person and as a DJ, is his absolute dedication to making your day everything you dream. Justin is truly one of a kind…you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 05/09/2011

Dawn · Married on 02/12/2011

Justin was AMAZING! He truly made our wedding one to remember. From our grand entrance to the end of the evening, everything was absolutely perfect! I told him I wanted the dance portion of night to equal that of the hottest clubs in New York, and I most definetely got that! Everyone was both amazed and thrilled that every special request they made he had and he played. I highly reccommend "That DJ Guy" for any special event!!!!! Thank you so much Justin for an amazing night!!!

Sent on 03/03/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2010

Justin provided us with both DJ services and special lighting. We received nothing but fantastic, quality service from him the entire time that we worked together. Justin was enthusiastic and professional, yet laid back and easy to talk to. His experience with weddings and special events has provided him with wonderful ideas and expertise in the entertainment field. I would recommend this vendor 100%.

Sent on 10/21/2010

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

This was my first time at Baywood Greens, and I must say--Lauren took care of the visuals by selecting an awesome venue. Glad I could help with the lights--the icing on the cake!

Justin · Married on 07/17/2010

Justin was great to work with. He was responsive, professional and flexible enough to meet all of our requests (the many that we had). He made sure all of our guests enjoyed themselves. We would recommend his services to anyone looking for an energetic DJ that takes pride in his craft.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/10/2010

Every bride dreams of the perfect wedding day, me being no exception. That DJ Guy came to us highly recommended from a well known photographer in the area, and now-it’s easy to see why. Justin was given no easy task that day, with unforeseen rain in our forecast, our outside garden wedding turned into an inside event within minutes. Justin was quick on his feet and pulled off the sudden transition magnificently. Not only did he have a great music selection but Justin suggested up lighting & a personalized monogram on our dance floor which made our room even more BEAUTIFUL!! Justin impressed our crowd and whether you were 18 or 80, you were on the dance floor! Our wedding day was amazing and Justin truly played a huge role in making it that way.

Sent on 08/25/2010

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

The up-lighting and name in lights certainly did take that room to another level. Jessica and her mom did a ton of work on that room--I just added a little icing on the cake! Thanks Jess!

And yes--we had some weather issues, but it turned out to be the perfect wedding! The rain will make for some great stories of running through the puddles down the road!

Diana · Married on 07/10/2010

I can't say enough about the awesome service that Justin provided for my daughter's wedding. We met a few times to discuss Jess's music choices and were amazed at the selections available for us. His musical selections were superb and matched my daughter's and her husband's taste perfectly. His delivery and professionalism were unsurpassed. Justin's State-of-the-Art sound systems made our night incredible! The dance floor was packed for four solid hours! No one wanted the night to end.The room was decorated beautifully and Jessica wanted the room to dance with sparkling crystal everywhere. There were beautiful crystal trees and candle light flooded the room! The room was incredible, but incredible turned into enchanting with special accent lighting provided by Justin. I hope there are pictures he put online because every new couple should see what magic he can bring to your special occasion. Sincerely, Ms. D. Bruni

Sent on 08/25/2010

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Wow guys...you're gonna make people think you're getting paid for this! (side note--I assure you all reviews are legit, and will gladly put you in touch with each reviewer should you want).

Anyway, you can check out my pictures section on WW, or my website to see pictures from this specific wedding. It was the purple uplighting specifically!

Stacie · Married on 07/03/2010

Justin did a wonderful job at our wedding! He was very professional throughout the whole process & provides a wedding packet to be filled out so every last detail is covered. We provided him with a timeline & he followed it to a tee & made sure the night ran smoothly. He is very flexible & is willing to work with any couple so their needs are met. He also pumps up the crowd & keeps them on the dance floor. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of & we all had a blast thanks to Justin!

Sent on 07/11/2010

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

Stacie is my cousin in law, and it was a joy to rock out her wedding. We did some nice up-lighting for her around some beautiful white pillars. What a blast we had dancing into the night!

Kelly · Married on 05/30/2010

Justin was a FANTASIC DJ! He went above and beyond our expectations, found a way for us to have music for our ceremony (which was on the beach) despite the wind and the waves, and made sure our wishes were honored. i had SO MANY guests tell me that he was very good at reading the crowd, getting requests on, and keeping the energy. he really did a wonderful job keeping the evening flowing and the crowd happy. my husband and i could not have been happier!!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2010

Justin was great! We have gotten lots of compliments from our guests about the great music that was played at our wedding. Thanks, Justin!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

I met Lauren through a mutual friend where I quickly learned about their upcoming wedding. They had their wedding at a beautiful mansion. While beautiful, it presented a couple of obstacles that I needed to over come--but we did so with flying colors!

Mansions mean many small rooms. It is not practical to run cords all throughout the building, so I just used my wireless speaker set up. I'm able to place speakers in other rooms without the need to run cords. Without getting to technical, it works like a wireless mic. Anyway, this worked great, and we were able to provide sound everywhere it was needed.

Another cool thing was their first dance. Lauren and hr husband Travis know some musicians, so they decided to have their first dance be live. No sweat on my end! I was able to provide microphone amplification to two vocalists, and two guitar players. What a treat to watch that special first dance being played live.

Travis and Lauren's wedding was awesome! Glad I could be a small part of it!

Beth · Married on 05/15/2010

I highly recommend That DJ Guy. He really listened to my vision for our special day and I couldn't have been happier with our selection. A DJ is not just someone who just plays music. He was able to read our guests and the feedback from our special day was AMAZING! Mahalo to Justin for giving us your best. Aloha from Charlie and Beth Kistler.

Sent on 07/06/2010

brenda · Married on 10/03/2009

My daughter was married on Oct 3,2009. Justin Darling was amazing. He is a great DJ. I would highly recommend him. You can't go wrong.....

Brenda

Sent on 02/11/2010

Jenn · Married on 09/17/2009

Justin was a great DJ for our wedding. He is very flexible, affordable, and efficient. He also did the music for my ceremony, which was beautiful. Justin was very good at adjusting the timeline of the reception according to how the party was going. For example, when everyone was on the dance floor, he didn't stop the music at 9:15pm to cut the cake because that was what the timeline said. He would slow it down with a slow song then break for cake cutting. The reception flowed because of his ability to play the music to the tone of the party. He was absolutely wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone! Thanks Justin!

Sent on 09/29/2009

Kevin · Married on 07/18/2009

From the ceremony through the reception he was nothing but class! Once the reception started the dance floor was packed from beginning to end! He played a plethora or music the kept the party going! The man knows what he is doing! Everyone that attended the wedding from Grandparents to children still say it was the best wedding that they have ever been to!! My wife and I could not be any happier with That DJ Guy!!

Sent on 02/01/2013

Nick · Married on 06/26/2009

Great dj. Worked with venue to make sure my wife was taken care of. He kept the guests entertained and stayed an extra hour to entertain our drunk guests

Sent on 02/21/2013

Darling Wedding Productions's reply:

That last hour was awesome!
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 06/13/2009

As a professional wedding photographer myself, I met Justin (That DJ Guy) at a wedding that we were both working at. I have seen a LOT of DJs and bands in my career and he was the absolute BEST. I kept his information and I knew I was getting engaged soon. He was the first person we booked.

As far as my wedding, Justin was so attentive to my questions and concerns regarding our venue and he kept in contact with me to just check in. I think this level of professionalism and the personal interaction is not something you will find anywhere else. My wedding day reception ROCKED. People are still asking me for his cards and still telling me what an awesome time they had at my wedding. My photographer even said that he saved my reception! Long story short, we had to move from outside to inside due to a power failure, and Justin actually had a second set-up with him and he put everything together without a hitch. Looking back, I'm sure he was stressed out, but he never showed it and he assured me he would take care of it. He sure did and the party continued. I'm so thankful I had Justin as my DJ - having seen him work at a completely different wedding theme and then seeing him work at mine, he can do it all. Thank you Justin!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Tara · Married on 09/27/2008

He was great....Everyone danced from begining to end of the night. There was not a quite moment and everyone loved him.

Sent on 12/07/2008