Darling & Daughters Reviews

Darling & Daughters 6
Darling & Daughters 7

Jessica Patterson · Married on 04/06/2019

Breathtaking Floral Arrangements!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Maria and her team. They created the most breathtaking, beautiful, vibrant, romantic floral arrangements for my spring wedding. I knew from the start that I wanted my flowers to be different, I wasn't really a fan of the "tight" and "manicured" looks of flowers I had seen and experienced in dozens of other weddings. DarlingDaughters fit exactly what I was looking for (if you have time check out their instagram because I because I was AMAZED!)-Maria and her team worked very closely and personally with my family to create the vision we had in mind and I can only say that on my wedding day I was brought to tears by their creations. Luckily, my photographer was able to capture their beauty because I will literally be dreaming about these flowers for years to come.

Sent on 04/20/2019
    Darling & Daughters 8
    Darling & Daughters 9
    Darling & Daughters 10

Darling & Daughters's reply:

Jess, thank you!! Thank you. It was an honor to be part of your wedding day, and so much fun to work with the flowers you love. Long live the Vermeer wedding!
  • Tracey

Tracey · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful flowers!

Maria is so sweet and did such a wonderful job with the bouquets for our wedding. I know next to nothing about flowers and basically just told her my wedding colors at our first meeting. She took that little tidbit and ran with it! The bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages were all gorgeous, and our flower girl looked like a princess with her flower crown. I was in love with our wedding flowers and cannot thank or recommend Maria and Darling & Daughters enough!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Darling & Daughters 11
    Darling & Daughters 12
    Darling & Daughters 13

Darling & Daughters's reply:

Tracey, this made my day - thank you so much. I loved your bouquet and the beautiful start to your wedding day, among so much else. The best of autumn wrapped up in an early November wedding - thank you for your trust! Happy New Year to you, beautiful bride. xx

Suzanne · Married on 09/29/2018

We hired Darling and Daughters to do the flowers for our wedding and we couldn’t be more pleased! Maria was amazing to work with, she really worked with us to help create amazing bouquets, table center pieces and cocktail table centerpieces. The flowers were beautiful and we received so many compliments from our guests. I would hands down hire Darling and Daughters again in a heart beat! Maria works with our bakery to get fresh flowers on our cake to tie into the overall look. Truly amazing flowers, design and professionalism!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Darling & Daughters 14

Ryan · Married on 05/19/2018

Maria did a fabulous job with our wedding in May of 2018! I was breath-taken when I saw the arrangements arrive at the wedding venue - everything was beautiful and went to plan. Maria is super talented and a joy to work with. We'd recommend her to anyone getting married looking for a terrific florist!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/05/2018

Goodness, where do I begin with all the wonderful things I would like to say about Maria and her work for my May wedding? Like others, I knew from our first conversation that Maria was the one to hire. In that first conversation, Maria spent over an hour on the phone with me gleaning my vision for my day. In all of our later encounters she was so pleasant, so accommodating, overall just a downright joy. And her flowers were just as beautiful as she is!!! My friends and family still compliment me on her creations. Overall I could not have asked for more

Sent on 06/07/2018

Ginny · Married on 11/04/2017

From our very first conversation, I knew Maria was going to be a fantastic person to work with who we could trust completely. She had great suggestions throughout the wedding planning process as we developed our vision for our wedding flowers, including ideas of how to maximize the impact of our flowers on our budget. On the day of the wedding, we were absolutely in awe of Maria's creations (as were our guests!!). Our bouquets, wedding arch flowers, and reception floral pieces were heavenly-- just impeccably designed and crafted. They set the mood and feel for our ceremony and reception in such a beautiful way. On top of being a very talented florist and designer, Maria is very responsive, professional, and a skilled communicator (not to mention warm, thoughtful, and fun!). Darling & Daughters has my highest recommendation.

Sent on 11/18/2017
    Darling & Daughters 15
    Darling & Daughters 16
    Darling & Daughters 17
    Darling & Daughters 18

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2017

Maria was AMAZING to work with. She responded so positively to our initial inquiry, although we were upfront about the smaller scale of our wedding, that we knew immediately that she was the florist for us :) She asked thoughtful questions to understand our vision for the day, and blew us away with the most beautiful cream and orange fall bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres for our wedding party and family. Maria, thank you, THANK YOU for being such a kind and thoughtful part of the wedding planning process, and for making such beautiful things for our special day.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Marta · Married on 06/30/2017

Maria from Darling & Daughter's did an incredable job with the flowers for my wedding. The table arrangements, boutonnière, flowers for the cake, bridesmaids bouquet were fantastic and my bouquet, simply stunning!!! I was very, very happy with all she did. She has a kind, calm and warm personality. She is a true artist and you can see that she really puts her heart into what she does. It was an absolute pleasure meeting her and working with her. I would highly recommend Darling & Daughtet's for anyone who wants to have any beautiful flower arrangements made with care.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Kat · Married on 06/10/2017

Not only is Maria a supremely talented florist, but she possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of flowers! From our first phone call, I knew I would love working with her. Not only is she incredibly kind, but she was able to take my ideas and make them a reality. In addition to centerpieces, bud vases and other wedding arrangements, I asked her to make me a floral headpiece (think Frida Kahlo). I sent her a few pictures and left the rest to her. When my wedding day came around and I opened the box, I literally gasped! I told myself I was only going to try it on since I still had about an hour before showtime. I never took it off again for over 12 hours! She made a beautiful crown that not only fit in perfectly with my dress and accessories, but fit the overall theme of my wedding. The icing on the cake is that I wanted to donate my flowers to hospice at the end of the night and Maria happily accommodated my request. She arranged for us to have buckets and extra assistance at the end of the night to gather up the flowers for drop off the next day. Maria balances a thriving business and being a loving mom, always making time to answer emails and calls. The love and dedication she puts into her work shines so brightly, and it's contagious. She even got my husband excited about the flowers!

Sent on 07/26/2017

S · Married on 04/22/2017

I ordered a single bridal bouquet and a boutonnière. The flowers were perfect – whimsical, beautiful, and romantic! I loved them! I had seen some of Darling and Daughters’ breathtaking "non-bridal" bouquets at Buttercream in DC. I was so happy to learn that Maria (from D&D) does wedding bouquets and was able to do my bouquet despite her other wedding booking at the same time. Maria was lovely! She was super easy to work with and extremely responsive to my emails. She delivered the flowers herself and was there on time despite heavy rain and terrible traffic. I am not a visual person so I largely deferred to Maria to create a bouquet that would work with my dress color, the groom’s tie, and my venue. Maria was so thoughtful in creating something that fit perfectly! I cannot imagine a more beautiful bouquet. Maria is a true artist, and a perfectionist about her work. Her flowers were stunning, and working with her was a true pleasure.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Marisa · Married on 04/21/2017

Maria was such a joy to work with. She took my ideas, created a vision, and executed perfectly. The flowers were absolutely stunning and unique - I had many questions as to what types of flowers she had used. As a vendor, Maria brought such a calm sense to the entire planning process and really helped me channel many ideas about colors into a coherent palette. I used her proposal when speaking with other vendors about the overall look of the wedding - that's how good she is! Above all, she is one of the warmest, kindest people I have ever met. Honestly - I look forward to the next event where I can have her arrangements on display.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Nicole · Married on 04/01/2017

Maria made our day perfect. I we had a last minute wedding, and when she delivered our flowers, I cried when I saw my bouquet. It was exactly what I described via phone consult, and then some. We had a small wedding, and she was so accommodating with last minute notice and details. I'd highly recommend her and her sister for any floral needs. Her attention to detail and capturing the essence of the couple, the venue, and desires is immaculate and flawless.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kristen · Married on 02/11/2017

Darling & Daughters designed my bouquet, boutonnieres, and corsages for my wedding. From start to finish, Maria exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond to make sure that my bouquet and other pieces were absolutely perfect. After a few months of emailing back and forth, Maria and I met the week of the wedding to finalize blooms and touch base and she is one of the warmest, most infectious and kind people I've ever met. Even though I had never met her before, she felt like an old friend and put me so at ease. She made me and my mom feel so special and I feel so lucky to have had her do our flowers- so many people told it was the most beautiful bouquet they'd ever seen! I wish I could have her amazing floral arrangements in my house every day!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Maria is a true artist! Her flowers and designs are absolutely breathtaking. She is also an absolute joy to work with. We will certainly keep her in mind for future occasions. Thank you, Maria!

Sent on 04/03/2017