Darling & Dapper Reviews

Darling & Dapper 5
Darling & Dapper 6
Darling & Dapper 7
  • User2336225 ·

My experience with Behind the Veil was EXCEPTIONAL and also very reasonable! Everything from start to finish with Liz was amazing. I chose to have a trial which was a great decision on my part because I got to meet my stylist and she was genuine and kind from the moment I walked in the studio. It was so easy to carry a conversation while she was doing my hair and makeup and after it was done she gave me her number so I could text her with any tweaks I wanted to make. On my wedding day she made the few things I wanted changed and I couldn't have been happier! She also did an incredible job on all of my bridesmaids hair which I absolutely loved including the mother of the bride. Liz made me feel beautiful and I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Janine Norman · Married on 06/28/2019

Wedding day

They were fabulous! Anna was such a dear to work with and absolutely wonderful. Amber and Sol did an amazing job with my bridal party and family. They rocked everything and definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Jessica Asfari · Married on 06/22/2019

Everyone in my wedding party looked amazing!

The one thing that I was highly concerned about when it came to my wedding day was the hair and makeup. I have been in enough of my friend's weddings to know that when you get a bad makeup artist, it can make you feel horrible and uncomfortable the entire night! I did not want to look over-done or not like myself, as I am a very natural person and I didn't want to get makeup on my guests every time I hugged them! Sol & Cheryl were AMAZING. Sol did my hair and makeup and they both looked natural and flawless. I got so many compliments on my makeup and hair. All of my girls had amazing hair done by Cheryl. She did super intricate updo's and all in plenty of time to relax, get dressed and get ready! She even styled my husbands hair and it looked great as well. Sol listened to every concern I had and let me watch my makeup get done throughout the entire time incase I wanted to change anything. I would highly recommend to any bride, natural or glamorous!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Fick · Married on 02/02/2019

Amazing!!!!!!

Choosing Darling and Dapper to do my hair and makeup was one of the best decisions that I made when planning for my big day! Everyone was so helpful from the moment that I contacted them. Amber and Liz went above and beyond to make all of my wedding hair and makeup dreams come true! We had such a great time with them as we were getting ready and my entire bridal party looked amazing all night. It made it so much easier to have both hair and makeup being done at the same time by the same vendor. I cannot thank them enough and highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Kimberly Simpson · Married on 11/18/2018

An Awesome Experience

Sol was so awesome and she has such a great spirit. She took care of me, my mother and my maid of honor. Being African American, she handled our skin tones beautifully. My hair held all through the night. When my mother didn't know what exactly to do with her hair, Sol created the perfect style for her. It was so elegant. Sol was patient and understanding with everyone and even after her time was up she did not leave until we were fully satisfied. I would definitely hire her for other occasions and I recommend Darling and Dapper to any bride for make up and hair.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Darling & Dapper 8
    Darling & Dapper 9
    Darling & Dapper 10
    Darling & Dapper 11
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 11/02/2018

Liz is an artist

I was able to work with Liz. She is a magician with hair and makeup. I sat down and an hour later she made me look beautiful.
    Liz is such a seeetheart and so very talented.

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Krystal

Krystal · Married on 10/21/2018

Perfect Day

Liz is amazing! She knows what works best and works with you to ensure your hair and makeup meet every one of your expectations! She is the only one I trust with my hair!

Sent on 01/21/2019
    Darling & Dapper 17
    Darling & Dapper 18

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect Hair and Makeup!

I absolutely recommend Darling and Dapper for hair and makeup for your wedding day. Once I decided to book for my October wedding, Anna was always quick to respond with quotes and options clearly indicated. I was sent itineraries far in advance which helped to keep things organized on the big day. I had my trial with Amber who is so talented. She briefly looked at my inspiration pic and listened to what I was thinking and created a beautiful style better than I could have imagined. Sol was also wonderful and created the perfect make up look for my wedding when I wasn’t even quite sure what I was wanting. Both stylists were also friendly, punctual, professional, and fun to be around! Sarah also did hair and make up for some of the bridesmaids which looked fantastic. Everyone was very happy with their looks! The wedding party looked and felt great which helped to make my day so special. Thank you Darling and Dapper!

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 06/01/2018

I can't thank Darling and Dapper enough for helping to make our day amazing! From the first email to the last phone call these ladies were professional, prompt, patient, and so sweet. Their coordinator was so quick to respond any time I had a question, kept me up to date anytime there was a change, and throughout the whole process before the wedding reached out to check if I needed anything. The hair and makeup artists were amazing!!! Sol is THE sweetest, most caring person that made me feel comfortable and confident the entire day. Of course I was so nervous getting ready and she calmed me down, assured me I'd be just fine.... she truly made me feel so much less anxious and I can't thank her enough for that alone. Not only was she a genuine, kind person, she's a true artist and absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup. Thank you to all 3 girls, Anna, and the owner Liz. Already recommended you all to multiple people :)

Sent on 06/22/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/26/2018

Jenny and Sol with Darling and Dapper were amazing! Jenny did my hair and makeup as the bride and I felt like a princess. They traveled on site to the wedding so we did not have to travel which made things so easy. They arrived on time and quickly set up and got to work. They were on time with each hair and make up, even ending early to allow for plenty of time for touch-ups. They were a pleasure to work with and my bridal party enjoyed hanging out with them. They were so sweet and helpful in deciding styles. They were very professional but also fit right in with everyone, making it comfortable and enjoyable. They listened to exactly what we wanted, the make up was flawless without being too much and our hair was classy but modern. Everyone was highly pleased and guests later commented on how great everything looked. The looks stayed throughout the night so we all looked great all evening. Highly recommend them for our wedding!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Darling & Dapper 19
    Darling & Dapper 20
    Darling & Dapper 21
    Darling & Dapper 22
    Darling & Dapper 23

Jamie · Married on 05/05/2018

I hired Darling and Dapper for both hair and makeup for myself (the bride) as well as 4 bridesmaids. From the beginning, everyone was super easy to work with and accommodated my challenging schedule and some last minute changes without any issues. At my trial, Jenny was wonderful!! She really listened to what I wanted but also offered feedback and suggestions based on her experience, and it was the perfect balance that helped me achieve the exact look I wanted! On the day-of, Jenny was prompt, organized, and kept track of time to make sure everything would be done on time. Not only that, but she was funny and easy-going, it made it super fun having her in the bridal suite! All of my bridesmaids were EXTREMELY happy with their hair and makeup. They all have different styles, skin tones, etc. but Jenny made it work for everyone. I have received endless compliments both on the day-of and in my pictures about how awesome the hair and makeup looked. Would definitely recommend Darling and Dapper, and especially Jenny!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

I originally met these wonderful ladies at a bridal show and my venue coordinator suggested them as well. I had 2 hair and makeup trials, only because of a family event the first stylist could not fulfill the wedding day. Sol helped me for my second trial and she nailed it! Spot on. These 3 ladies didn't stop moving from 915-3pm when all the finishing touch-ups were complete. They made sure everyone looked their best regardless of age, skin color, or hair. They were so kind and patient when interacting even though I (the bride) changed my mind a few times! They could not have made me and my girls look any better! Perfect!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Somer · Married on 04/28/2018

Anna and Amber and the rest of the team were such a dream to work with. The girls are fun and easy going it really made getting ready a blast. From my trial to the day of, everything went smoothly and turned out perfectly. I was blown away at how perfect all of my bridesmaids looked - their hair and makeup was FANTASTIC AND FLAWLESS. I was also so pleased with my makeup and hair. I felt like a princess the entire day thanks to this team. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Jackie · Married on 01/27/2018

Liz B is absolutely amazing! She listened to me and created the most perfect looks for both my engagement and wedding hair/makeup looks! Solange did my bridesmaids makeup and they looked amazing!!

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Darling & Dapper 24
    Darling & Dapper 25
    Darling & Dapper 26
    Darling & Dapper 27
    Darling & Dapper 28
    Darling & Dapper 29

Alyssa · Married on 01/21/2018

I met Liz a few years ago when my best friend was getting married, since that day she has been nothing but amazing to work with! My hair for the wedding was so beautiful that I didn't even consider anyone else but her to do my hair again for my own wedding in January. Not only did she create the look I was going for with my hair, she also did an awesome job with my makeup! Liz and her team answered every call and email in a timely manner and accommodated my (MANY) changes in schedule. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose her and her team every time!! Thank you for all that you do!

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Darling & Dapper 30
    Darling & Dapper 31
    Darling & Dapper 32
  • SarahE.

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

I absolutely loved Heather! She was able to not only handle my whole wedding party but made sure everyone was pleased and even did last minute touch ups for us! She was super friendly and made the process so easy on my wedding day. The behind the veil team was super helpful and always responded quickly to all of my emails or calls. I highly recommend them for your wedding day or for any special day!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2017

Cheryl did my bridesmaids and my hair, and Anna did the same for makeup! They were super awesome, and changed everything to whatever I wanted! My girls and I loved our hair and makeup and were SO happy we chose Behind The Veil for my wedding!! Stop looking now and book these girls NOW!

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • Adrian

Adrian · Married on 08/19/2017

Liz and her team are fantastic. I am a little shy and was nervous about having my hair and makeup done for my wedding, but Liz was so personable and downright awesome that I absolutely loved it. Liz and her team's attention to detail, fun spirit, and obvious talent made getting ready for the big day so great. My mother, mother-in-law, and 6 bridesmaids all had hair and makeup done. They each looked STUNNING all day long. We had all textures and lengths of hair and Liz really made sure each of us still looked like us. I felt confident and so happy with my hair and makeup. I even went to her studio the day of the rehearsal because I felt so amazing with the way Liz did my makeup! She's a hair and makeup genius, people. :-)

Sent on 09/14/2017

Britt · Married on 07/29/2017

Anna at Behind the Veil is top notch and nothing less than amazing. I was in dire need of a team of stylists for my girls and I in less than 4 weeks. Anna was kind, understanding, and demonstrated wonderful professionalism. I'm truly impressed by her willingness to put together a last minute proposal for the big day on such short notice. Great Service!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Laura · Married on 07/15/2017

Ladies!! This is absolutely the woman to do your hair and makeup! Liz Alfier is ABSOLUTELY the BEST. She did hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaid, and did my flower girl's hair. She is so good, she is now the person I go to for regular cuts and color. Truly an artist. I had so many compliments on my wedding hair and makeup and had to give her name to several girls. She also did my hair and makeup for my bachelorette night! She does amazing hair and makeup, but she also has the best personality ever. I went to her a couple times after the initial hair and makeup trial for color and cut and she listened as I cried and had wedding emotional ups and downs and made me laugh so much. I made an amazing friend through the wedding process. Go to her ladies, you will not be disappointed. Love you, Liz!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Brandie · Married on 07/01/2017

Liz is truly an artist. My hair and makeup was perfect. I hired Behind the veil for 8 people to come to my house and do hair and makeup for my wedding party. They made everyone look amazing. They made all the right color choices for makeup and perfect hair styles to fit each bridesmaid. I will definitely use Liz again.

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 06/24/2017

I live a three hour drive from my wedding venue and even farther from the closest City (VA Beach), so I ultimately had to hire someone without doing a trial run, which made me very nervous. All went well with Behind the Veil Studio though and I'm so glad I went with them. Communication was easy, the travel distance wasn't an issue and cost for travel was very reasonable, and our hair and makeup was perfect. I am so glad I hired them, Elizabeth was professional, extremely efficient, and I absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup for the day. She even had time to add on makeup for a few girls who changed their minds about professional makeup after seeing what a great job she did.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Victoria · Married on 05/07/2017

The girls who did mine, my mothers, and mother-in-laws Hair/ Make-up did a phenomenal job! They kept us laughing throughout the appointment. The owner was very nice to talk to on the phone/ very helpful with ANY questions. They were recommended through a friend whose daughter had her hair and Make-up styled for her wedding day. All of our hair and make-up looked amazing in the photographs! I would tell anyone to go here for any event!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/06/2017

Behind the Veil did a fantastic job for me and my bridesmaids! I would highly recommend them. I’m not an expert on make up or anything, so they helped me get the right look for myself and the girls and I loved it. We had Jenn as our lead stylist and she was awesome. She knew exactly what was right for each of us and nailed it. We got ready at my mother’s house, and it was cool that she was able to come over and get us ready there instead of at the studio. She was on time and got all of us done before the limo came to get us! It was such a fun morning and she made us all look extra pretty!  Thank you so much!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Katelyn · Married on 04/01/2017

Behind the Veil was more than we could have ever asked for! Liz was amazing. She matched any picture the girls gave her perfectly and even finished an hour ahead of schedule. Definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/22/2017