Darla Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer L. Getting married on 02/01/2022

Phenomenal

Outstanding!!! The skill, professionalism, delivery time and quality of photos was over the top. I worked for an Emmy award winning director and I was suitably impressed!!!

Darla Photography's reply:

Thank you what a lovely review and great photo choice! Love the one you selected.
    Darla
  • Lauren
    Lauren P. Married on 10/16/2021

They are the Best!!

I'd give them 10 stars if I could! Darla, Aaron, and Ashley are some of the most personable people I've ever worked with! Darla is fabulous with communication and I feel like I've known her and the staff longer than the few consultations. Aaron and Ashley did our wedding photography and we couldn't be more happy!! I recommend them to all my friends and family because her work is so professional and gorgeous. I have never received so many compliments on photos taken by professionals until we hired them. I like that Darla doesn't pressure you into buying photo albums up front or right after the wedding and can return at any time to get them made up.

Darla Photography's reply:

I knew from the beginning we were a match. Your wedding was so vibrate and beautiful friends and family! You are the BEST.
    Darla, Aaron, and Ashley
  • Angela
    Angela D. Married on 10/10/2020

Delfine/Mechler Wedding- 10/10/20 Review

I absolutely ADORE Darla and could not have asked for a better photographer! She worked to be flexible with all of our COVID-19 changes and was so much fun to hang out with. Leading up to the wedding, I genuinely enjoyed our conversations. She made sure that we got the photos we wanted for the day. We ended up with hundreds of beautifully edited pictures. I went to the Pittsburgh Bridal Convention in 2018 and the BEST thing to come out of it was our contract with Darla.
    Brittany D. Married on 09/07/2020

All Around Terrific

I met Darla this past year through my mom, who recommended her for my blog photos and boy am I glad I met her! She is wonderful to work with an and all around beautiful person inside and out. You get quality photos, for a great price, and the opportunity to work with such an experienced/talented photographer. If you haven't booked her what are you waiting for?! Book now and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Good Morning Beautiful,
    Thank you for the great review! Hope all is well at home!
    Looking forward to shooting again soon
    Darla
  • Alena
    Alena M. Married on 08/01/2020

She was. Wonderful person to deal wish and she made my wedding pictures everything I wished them to be.

I’m so glad I went with her from the very 1st moment I spoke to her I could feel she was going to make my day special and catch every moment I asked her to and she did just that and many more she couldn’t of made my pictures any better they’re absolutely beautiful she got pictures of everything I am so glad I want her I recommend her to anybody. Her price are very good too I shopped around before I pick.
    Eneshal Married on 05/15/2019
    Working with Darla Photography with my portraits was one of the best experiences ever, I was amazed by the professionalism, the approach and the end result top of the line photographers.
    Thanks Darla for directing my shoot, and giving me some key pointers I was so nervous.
    I felt so comfortable extremely happy and very satisfied.

- Neshal Miller
    Burtonsville, Maryland
  • Barbara
    Barbara B. Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding 2019

Darla was an excellent photographer for our wedding. Very detail oriented, she captured pictures of things I would not have thought about. Very professional and in command of the shots she wants to take. I would highly recommend her.
    Ashley T. Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing!

Darla was spectacular! She called several times to make sure she knew what shots we wanted. She was on time and extremely professional. She was also warm and comforting. Very approachable! Her pictures are so beautiful! I would use her services again in a heartbeat!
    Jason Married on 04/21/2018
    Darla is absolutely wonderful! We were looking for a photographer for our daughter's bat mitzvah, and to our good fortune were referred to Darla by another photographer who was booked for our date. Right from the beginning, Darla was quick to communicate with any details we requested and to respond to any questions we had. When plans for the timing of our event changed mid-stream a month or so back, Darla put our minds at rest and let us know that she would make everything work. Then a couple of weeks ago, I called Darla about an idea for a project we were thinking of for the bat mitzvah that--if it was even feasible--would have to be done ahead of time. I think she was as excited about it as we were! She found time in her busy schedule for a photo shoot the following weekend and, from her years in the industry, promptly connected with artists in the area who (together with Darla) could convert our vision into a reality. Darla spent a couple of hours with us, discussing and helping us develop the idea and making-up our daughter (another of her specialties), and then took a series of photos of our daughter (and her younger sister) in different get-ups, poses and arrangements. They had so much fun together--Darla coaching our daughter to achieve the pictures we were hoping for, and then taking a bunch more just because! A quick two days later, Darla deposited the set into our Dropbox. They were stunning--beautiful, spontaneous, fun, natural. Even though the shots were taken in our home, not in a studio or outdoors, the lighting, crispness and evenness of the images somehow are outstanding. As my wife and I scanned through the collection, each image seemed to be outdone by the next. We feel very fortunate to have lucked our way into finding Darla. She is an excellent and experienced photographer (and charges reasonable rates), but more than that, she is a lovely and friendly person and a natural with adults and children alike. We highly recommend her.
    Summer Married on 04/14/2018
    Darla is top notch! She took the most amazing pictures of our family and knew exactly how to capture everyone's personality. She was super flexible, going to 2 different locations, and has the patience of a saint! These family pictures taken right before my daughters Bat Mitzvah and the memories we made during the photo shoot are such a treasure. She made my daughter feel like a super model and took all the stress out of having family pictures taken. I am so glad we had the chance to work with Darla during this special time for our family!
    Gosia Married on 10/07/2017
    Darla was great! Spent some time with her beforehand getting acquainted. We did an engagement shot where she helped us get comfortable with the camera and find angles we liked. Also had a few phone calls beforehand to iron out details for photos and go through the day's timeline to ensure all the photos were taken. She is great at making sure everyone in the wedding party followed directions and moved all the formal shots so we did not miss any of the action at the reception.
    Camila Married on 09/29/2017
    Darla was very nice and professional!
    Sara Married on 09/09/2017
    Darla was great to work with! She was prompt and worked well with the entire group. She was very direct which was very helpful for gathering my large family and friends for pictures. She also had awesome ideas for photos at our outside location. Everything turned out great, people are still raving about the pictures we received from Darla!
    Joyce Married on 07/07/2017
    Darla is absolutely the best! She is very personable and easy to work with. I had a rowdy bunch and she handled our special day so beautifully. And made sure she captured the wedding in its entirety.
  • User2519774 2+ years ago
    WONDERFUL PICTURES AND GREAT EXPERIENCE!
    She is an experienced photograph that works in Pittsburgh. She has a lot of great ideas for locations which helped a lot. She is so friendly and helpful with a lot of good ideas and tips! I've never had photos done. She made me and my fiance feel very relaxed. The pictures turned out wonderful! I couldn't be happier.
    Deb Married on 06/03/2017
    Darla was the photographer for my daughter's wedding. She was wonderful to work with and loved the photos
    Kelly Married on 06/04/2016
    Omg!!!!luv darla!!!she did amazing job
    Becky Married on 05/28/2016
    We absolutely loved our wedding pictures!! We live out of state so we never met Darla before working with her. There were no issues through the entire process. Darla is very easy to work with and can command a crowd of talkative guests which helped us stay on our schedule. Our reception was at a hotel with not a lot of scenic areas but somehow she was able to make the colors pop! We just kept smiling and awing at each photo... They all are fantastic. And the detail shots were unexpected but so glamorous I couldn't stop looking at the flowers and cool decor pics. She really captured the fun we had and we'd recommend her to anyone!
    Jenny Married on 05/23/2015
    Darla was super energetic and punctual for our wedding and we recommend her 100% for anyone that needs a stellar photographer for an upcoming event/wedding. Our pictures turned out fantastic and it we are both so happy to have had Darla work with us at our wedding last year!!
    Kelli Married on 09/26/2014
    Darla was excellent. She was able to capture everything we needed and a whole lot more. She gave us an excellent deal and would refer her to all of my friends and family. She even was the photographer for my Father's wedding and her pictures and photo albums were so unique and modern. She went through everything and was able to get us back the prints quickly and without issue. She had a lot of great ideas and made sure we were happy and got in all the shots we personally wanted to have. I will use her for future parties and events as well!
  • F
    Felicia Married on 12/29/2012
    I loved working with this lady. My wedding was 12-29-12 and she was my photographer. She is a joy to be around and such fun. She added a special touch to my wedding day that had myself and the guest laughing. She has a wonderful personality. I would highly recommend her as a photographer for your wedding and any other special event. My wedding planner said she was fun and that was no lie. If you looking for some excitement with professionalism than look no further. She is the one. Thanks Darla for everything and I will continue to bring you business. You were part of the reason my day was perfect.
    Abby Married on 05/19/2012
    Darla photographed our son's Bar Mitzvah and we absolutely loved her! Not only did she capture so much of what happened that night, but we had so much fun with her. The pictures were beautiful and we would use her again!!!
    She was like part of our family for the weekend:)
    Lane Married on 05/03/2012
    Working with Darla was an absolute pleasure! I work on an annul event and Darla was one of our photographers. Our guests loved her, as did we. The turnaround time for receiving her beautiful photos was very quick, which was great because we were working on tight deadlines. I would absolutely recommend Darla to anyone!
    Nadine Married on 03/30/2012
    I am honored to be writing this review for Darla Cisek of Darla Photography because I had the privilege of working with her. She is amazing not only behind the camera, but as a person as well. My daughter did not want to cooperate fully with the session; however, she was very soothing and patient towards her, while being quick to capture her most precious moments in the most perfect ways possible. Her raw talent not only comes from her 30 years of experience, but she has a natural gift in making each and every picture beautiful through her lighting choices and her keen sense! Additionally, she gave me the copyrights to all of my images, so that I can use them in whichever way that I see fit--a true professional gesture! Finally, she also includes online hosting services, where I was able to share my pictures and take advantage of their sales on prints and such.

I wholeheartedly recommend Darla Photography's brilliance as the photographer for your next event!
    Andrea Married on 05/29/2011
    Although I'm a few weeks away from seeing my formal wedding pictures, I have no doubt they will be beautiful and capture my wedding day in all its fun and tradition.

Photography was one of my most important elements of my wedding planning. After meeting a few photographers, I was starting to think I would have to make some sacrifices whether that be quality or removing the options I wanted since photography can get expensive.

So, I was intrigued to get a call from Darla directly offering her services to me around the time I wanted to make a formal decision. It turned out a colleague of a good business connection of mine gave her my name, and told her to touch base with me.

And I'm glad this happened because she was quite the breath of fresh air. Whether I talked to her on the phone or even more once I met her in person, I realized that I could have quality pictures at the hand of an experienced photographer, but at a budget point that I could be comfortable with, without eliminating the options I wanted all along.

She is extremely reasonable with her pricing whether you want a real simple package to everything under the sun. And you have the ability to create a custom package which is a big plus. She's so upfront with what she offers that you won't have any surprises, and at the time my contract was signed, we benefited from a nice promotion.

Aside from the pricing, Darla is a really outgoing person and easy to talk to. She's serious about her work and it shows, but she's really fun and has a great sense of humor. Based on her experience, she gave me great tips along the way with my planning and gave me other vendor recommendations that I took advantage of.

Out of all my major vendors, I thoroughly enjoyed working with Darla and so did my now husband. Plus, we had a really nice engagement photo session with her that yielded some great pictures that my family kept talking about for weeks.

I know that my family and friends will be buzz when the wedding pictures come. Darla's the best. and it was so easy to put my trust in her expertise as an photographer and as an amazingly reliable person.