Darla Photography Reviews

Darla Photography 5
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Lough · Getting married on 02/01/2022

Phenomenal

Outstanding!!! The skill, professionalism, delivery time and quality of photos was over the top. I worked for an Emmy award winning director and I was suitably impressed!!!

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Darla Photography 6

Darla Photography's reply:

Thank you what a lovely review and great photo choice! Love the one you selected.
    Darla
    Darla Photography

Eneshal · Married on 05/15/2019

Working with Darla Photography with my portraits was one of the best experiences ever, I was amazed by the professionalism, the approach and the end result top of the line photographers.
    Thanks Darla for directing my shoot, and giving me some key pointers I was so nervous.
    I felt so comfortable extremely happy and very satisfied.

- Neshal Miller
    Burtonsville, Maryland

Sent on 01/24/2018
    Darla Photography 7
  • Barbara

Barbara Burris · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding 2019

Darla was an excellent photographer for our wedding. Very detail oriented, she captured pictures of things I would not have thought about. Very professional and in command of the shots she wants to take. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Darla Photography 8
    Darla Photography 9
    Darla Photography 10

Ashley Thompson · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing!

Darla was spectacular! She called several times to make sure she knew what shots we wanted. She was on time and extremely professional. She was also warm and comforting. Very approachable! Her pictures are so beautiful! I would use her services again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Jason · Married on 04/21/2018

Darla is absolutely wonderful! We were looking for a photographer for our daughter's bat mitzvah, and to our good fortune were referred to Darla by another photographer who was booked for our date. Right from the beginning, Darla was quick to communicate with any details we requested and to respond to any questions we had. When plans for the timing of our event changed mid-stream a month or so back, Darla put our minds at rest and let us know that she would make everything work. Then a couple of weeks ago, I called Darla about an idea for a project we were thinking of for the bat mitzvah that--if it was even feasible--would have to be done ahead of time. I think she was as excited about it as we were! She found time in her busy schedule for a photo shoot the following weekend and, from her years in the industry, promptly connected with artists in the area who (together with Darla) could convert our vision into a reality. Darla spent a couple of hours with us, discussing and helping us develop the idea and making-up our daughter (another of her specialties), and then took a series of photos of our daughter (and her younger sister) in different get-ups, poses and arrangements. They had so much fun together--Darla coaching our daughter to achieve the pictures we were hoping for, and then taking a bunch more just because! A quick two days later, Darla deposited the set into our Dropbox. They were stunning--beautiful, spontaneous, fun, natural. Even though the shots were taken in our home, not in a studio or outdoors, the lighting, crispness and evenness of the images somehow are outstanding. As my wife and I scanned through the collection, each image seemed to be outdone by the next. We feel very fortunate to have lucked our way into finding Darla. She is an excellent and experienced photographer (and charges reasonable rates), but more than that, she is a lovely and friendly person and a natural with adults and children alike. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Summer · Married on 04/14/2018

Darla is top notch! She took the most amazing pictures of our family and knew exactly how to capture everyone's personality. She was super flexible, going to 2 different locations, and has the patience of a saint! These family pictures taken right before my daughters Bat Mitzvah and the memories we made during the photo shoot are such a treasure. She made my daughter feel like a super model and took all the stress out of having family pictures taken. I am so glad we had the chance to work with Darla during this special time for our family!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Gosia · Married on 10/07/2017

Darla was great! Spent some time with her beforehand getting acquainted. We did an engagement shot where she helped us get comfortable with the camera and find angles we liked. Also had a few phone calls beforehand to iron out details for photos and go through the day's timeline to ensure all the photos were taken. She is great at making sure everyone in the wedding party followed directions and moved all the formal shots so we did not miss any of the action at the reception.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Camila · Married on 09/29/2017

Darla was very nice and professional!

Sent on 10/17/2017

sara · Married on 09/09/2017

Darla was great to work with! She was prompt and worked well with the entire group. She was very direct which was very helpful for gathering my large family and friends for pictures. She also had awesome ideas for photos at our outside location. Everything turned out great, people are still raving about the pictures we received from Darla!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Joyce · Married on 07/07/2017

Darla is absolutely the best! She is very personable and easy to work with. I had a rowdy bunch and she handled our special day so beautifully. And made sure she captured the wedding in its entirety.

Sent on 08/14/2018

WONDERFUL PICTURES AND GREAT EXPERIENCE!
    She is an experienced photograph that works in Pittsburgh. She has a lot of great ideas for locations which helped a lot. She is so friendly and helpful with a lot of good ideas and tips! I've never had photos done. She made me and my fiance feel very relaxed. The pictures turned out wonderful! I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Deb · Married on 06/03/2017

Darla was the photographer for my daughter's wedding. She was wonderful to work with and loved the photos

Sent on 09/30/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/04/2016

Omg!!!!luv darla!!!she did amazing job

Sent on 02/21/2018

Becky · Married on 05/28/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding pictures!! We live out of state so we never met Darla before working with her. There were no issues through the entire process. Darla is very easy to work with and can command a crowd of talkative guests which helped us stay on our schedule. Our reception was at a hotel with not a lot of scenic areas but somehow she was able to make the colors pop! We just kept smiling and awing at each photo... They all are fantastic. And the detail shots were unexpected but so glamorous I couldn't stop looking at the flowers and cool decor pics. She really captured the fun we had and we'd recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/27/2016

jenny · Married on 05/23/2015

Darla was super energetic and punctual for our wedding and we recommend her 100% for anyone that needs a stellar photographer for an upcoming event/wedding. Our pictures turned out fantastic and it we are both so happy to have had Darla work with us at our wedding last year!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Kelli · Married on 09/26/2014

Darla was excellent. She was able to capture everything we needed and a whole lot more. She gave us an excellent deal and would refer her to all of my friends and family. She even was the photographer for my Father's wedding and her pictures and photo albums were so unique and modern. She went through everything and was able to get us back the prints quickly and without issue. She had a lot of great ideas and made sure we were happy and got in all the shots we personally wanted to have. I will use her for future parties and events as well!

Sent on 10/04/2014
  • F

Felicia · Married on 12/29/2012

I loved working with this lady. My wedding was 12-29-12 and she was my photographer. She is a joy to be around and such fun. She added a special touch to my wedding day that had myself and the guest laughing. She has a wonderful personality. I would highly recommend her as a photographer for your wedding and any other special event. My wedding planner said she was fun and that was no lie. If you looking for some excitement with professionalism than look no further. She is the one. Thanks Darla for everything and I will continue to bring you business. You were part of the reason my day was perfect.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Abby · Married on 05/19/2012

Darla photographed our son's Bar Mitzvah and we absolutely loved her! Not only did she capture so much of what happened that night, but we had so much fun with her. The pictures were beautiful and we would use her again!!!
    She was like part of our family for the weekend:)

Sent on 10/10/2012

Lane · Married on 05/03/2012

Working with Darla was an absolute pleasure! I work on an annul event and Darla was one of our photographers. Our guests loved her, as did we. The turnaround time for receiving her beautiful photos was very quick, which was great because we were working on tight deadlines. I would absolutely recommend Darla to anyone!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Nadine · Married on 03/30/2012

I am honored to be writing this review for Darla Cisek of Darla Photography because I had the privilege of working with her. She is amazing not only behind the camera, but as a person as well. My daughter did not want to cooperate fully with the session; however, she was very soothing and patient towards her, while being quick to capture her most precious moments in the most perfect ways possible. Her raw talent not only comes from her 30 years of experience, but she has a natural gift in making each and every picture beautiful through her lighting choices and her keen sense! Additionally, she gave me the copyrights to all of my images, so that I can use them in whichever way that I see fit--a true professional gesture! Finally, she also includes online hosting services, where I was able to share my pictures and take advantage of their sales on prints and such.

I wholeheartedly recommend Darla Photography's brilliance as the photographer for your next event!

Sent on 08/05/2012

Andrea · Married on 05/29/2011

Although I'm a few weeks away from seeing my formal wedding pictures, I have no doubt they will be beautiful and capture my wedding day in all its fun and tradition.

Photography was one of my most important elements of my wedding planning. After meeting a few photographers, I was starting to think I would have to make some sacrifices whether that be quality or removing the options I wanted since photography can get expensive.

So, I was intrigued to get a call from Darla directly offering her services to me around the time I wanted to make a formal decision. It turned out a colleague of a good business connection of mine gave her my name, and told her to touch base with me.

And I'm glad this happened because she was quite the breath of fresh air. Whether I talked to her on the phone or even more once I met her in person, I realized that I could have quality pictures at the hand of an experienced photographer, but at a budget point that I could be comfortable with, without eliminating the options I wanted all along.

She is extremely reasonable with her pricing whether you want a real simple package to everything under the sun. And you have the ability to create a custom package which is a big plus. She's so upfront with what she offers that you won't have any surprises, and at the time my contract was signed, we benefited from a nice promotion.

Aside from the pricing, Darla is a really outgoing person and easy to talk to. She's serious about her work and it shows, but she's really fun and has a great sense of humor. Based on her experience, she gave me great tips along the way with my planning and gave me other vendor recommendations that I took advantage of.

Out of all my major vendors, I thoroughly enjoyed working with Darla and so did my now husband. Plus, we had a really nice engagement photo session with her that yielded some great pictures that my family kept talking about for weeks.

I know that my family and friends will be buzz when the wedding pictures come. Darla's the best. and it was so easy to put my trust in her expertise as an photographer and as an amazingly reliable person.

Sent on 06/20/2011
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2011

From the time we met Darla for an initial meeting, when she was rolling around on the floor with her large malamute dog, to the week before the wedding when I asked her if some idea I had was too crazy and she said, "you're talking to the wrong lunatic," to the day of the wedding when she cried during the speeches, it was confirmed over and over again that we made the right choice in photographer. Darla and her co-hort Rick were fun, professional, prompt, helpful and pretty much all around awesome. Do yourself a favor and beg them to shoot your wedding!

Sent on 05/16/2011
  • waterlily2584

Leeann · Married on 05/06/2011

Darla was the best decision my husband and I made for our photographer. She is an outstanding professional, a true artist, and has the experience to back it up. Our photos are amazing. Just from our engagement session, we had so many great shots to choose from it was hard to decide which ones were our favorites. On the day of our wedding, she went well above and beyond her role as our photographer. Darla not only helped my Mom with my corset, she also helped teach my husband and I how to cut our wedding cake. My family kept commenting how wonderful the wedding was, but also how great Darla was. She makes you feel very comfortable and is not intrusive. She was an absolute pleasure.

Sent on 06/11/2011
  • Nila

Nila · Married on 04/22/2011

Darla, is an amazing photographer. She is very professional yet fun, Darla made it easy to get my wedding pictures taken. She became more of a friend than just my photographer. For our wedding we also had a second photographer who was also amazing. I would recommend Darla's services to anyone. I am looking forward to working with her in the future.

Sent on 05/18/2011

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2010

To all the brides out there...Darla is an absolute dream come true! First, her pictures definately reflect all of the experience she has. She able to capture a variety of moments from the glamour and classic shots to wilder fun shots and best of all she caught so many priceless candid moments. Second, Darla has the greatest personality. Not only did she take phenomenal photographs but she was a great addition to the wedding! Everybody had a blast with her and I still have guests who were at the wedding make remarks about how impressed they were with Darla. She was able to be a lot of fun while also being able to take command to get the photographs that were wanted and make sure the day was running smoothly. It was like having a great friend/coordinator who was able to take miraculous photos at the same time. Darla was very professional, very responsive and flexible throughout the whole process. She definately does her best to make sure you get what you want and will do all she can to make it happen...and if that is not enough, we found her prices to be extremely reasonable as well. All in all, my wedding day would not have been nearly the magical day it was without her and she was also able to provide us with photos that caputured that essence so well that we feel as if we are reliving it everytime we go through them. We cannot thank Darla enough and I cannot wait to have another occasion in which I'll be able to have the pleasure of having her as our Photographer!

Sent on 11/02/2010