58 Reviews for Darla Photography

User Photos
todo alt text
58 Darla Photography Reviews

Working with Darla Photography with my portraits was one of the best experiences ever, I was amazed by the professionalism, the approach and the end result top of the line photographers.
Thanks Darla for directing my shoot, and giving me some key pointers I was so nervous.
I felt so comfortable extremely happy and very satisfied.

- Neshal Miller
Burtonsville, Maryland

Photo for Darla Photography Review - I really like all my looks this is my favorite thanks again.
Profile Picture Eneshal, 5/15/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darla is absolutely wonderful! We were looking for a photographer for our daughter's bat mitzvah, and to our good fortune were referred to Darla by another photographer who was booked for our date. Right from the beginning, Darla was quick to communicate with any details we requested and to respond to any questions we had. When plans for the timing of our event changed mid-stream a month or so back, Darla put our minds at rest and let us know that she would make everything work. Then a couple of weeks ago, I called Darla about an idea for a project we were thinking of for the bat mitzvah that--if it was even feasible--would have to be done ahead of time. I think she was as excited about it as we were! She found time in her busy schedule for a photo shoot the following weekend and, from her years in the industry, promptly connected with artists in the area who (together with Darla) could convert our vision into a reality. Darla spent a couple of hours with us, discussing and helping us develop the idea and making-up our daughter (another of her specialties), and then took a series of photos of our daughter (and her younger sister) in different get-ups, poses and arrangements. They had so much fun together--Darla coaching our daughter to achieve the pictures we were hoping for, and then taking a bunch more just because! A quick two days later, Darla deposited the set into our Dropbox. They were stunning--beautiful, spontaneous, fun, natural. Even though the shots were taken in our home, not in a studio or outdoors, the lighting, crispness and evenness of the images somehow are outstanding. As my wife and I scanned through the collection, each image seemed to be outdone by the next. We feel very fortunate to have lucked our way into finding Darla. She is an excellent and experienced photographer (and charges reasonable rates), but more than that, she is a lovely and friendly person and a natural with adults and children alike. We highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Jason, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darla is top notch! She took the most amazing pictures of our family and knew exactly how to capture everyone's personality. She was super flexible, going to 2 different locations, and has the patience of a saint! These family pictures taken right before my daughters Bat Mitzvah and the memories we made during the photo shoot are such a treasure. She made my daughter feel like a super model and took all the stress out of having family pictures taken. I am so glad we had the chance to work with Darla during this special time for our family!

Profile Picture Summer, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darla was great! Spent some time with her beforehand getting acquainted. We did an engagement shot where she helped us get comfortable with the camera and find angles we liked. Also had a few phone calls beforehand to iron out details for photos and go through the day's timeline to ensure all the photos were taken. She is great at making sure everyone in the wedding party followed directions and moved all the formal shots so we did not miss any of the action at the reception.

Profile Picture Gosia, 10/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla was very nice and professional!

Profile Picture Camila, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darla was great to work with! She was prompt and worked well with the entire group. She was very direct which was very helpful for gathering my large family and friends for pictures. She also had awesome ideas for photos at our outside location. Everything turned out great, people are still raving about the pictures we received from Darla!

Profile Picture sara, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

WONDERFUL PICTURES AND GREAT EXPERIENCE!
She is an experienced photograph that works in Pittsburgh. She has a lot of great ideas for locations which helped a lot. She is so friendly and helpful with a lot of good ideas and tips! I've never had photos done. She made me and my fiance feel very relaxed. The pictures turned out wonderful! I couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture User6278029, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla was the photographer for my daughter's wedding. She was wonderful to work with and loved the photos

Profile Picture Deb, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Omg!!!!luv darla!!!she did amazing job

Profile Picture Kelly , 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved our wedding pictures!! We live out of state so we never met Darla before working with her. There were no issues through the entire process. Darla is very easy to work with and can command a crowd of talkative guests which helped us stay on our schedule. Our reception was at a hotel with not a lot of scenic areas but somehow she was able to make the colors pop! We just kept smiling and awing at each photo... They all are fantastic. And the detail shots were unexpected but so glamorous I couldn't stop looking at the flowers and cool decor pics. She really captured the fun we had and we'd recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Becky, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla was super energetic and punctual for our wedding and we recommend her 100% for anyone that needs a stellar photographer for an upcoming event/wedding. Our pictures turned out fantastic and it we are both so happy to have had Darla work with us at our wedding last year!!

Profile Picture jenny, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darla was excellent. She was able to capture everything we needed and a whole lot more. She gave us an excellent deal and would refer her to all of my friends and family. She even was the photographer for my Father's wedding and her pictures and photo albums were so unique and modern. She went through everything and was able to get us back the prints quickly and without issue. She had a lot of great ideas and made sure we were happy and got in all the shots we personally wanted to have. I will use her for future parties and events as well!

Profile Picture Kelli, 9/26/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I loved working with this lady. My wedding was 12-29-12 and she was my photographer. She is a joy to be around and such fun. She added a special touch to my wedding day that had myself and the guest laughing. She has a wonderful personality. I would highly recommend her as a photographer for your wedding and any other special event. My wedding planner said she was fun and that was no lie. If you looking for some excitement with professionalism than look no further. She is the one. Thanks Darla for everything and I will continue to bring you business. You were part of the reason my day was perfect.

Profile Picture Felicia, 12/29/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla photographed our son's Bar Mitzvah and we absolutely loved her! Not only did she capture so much of what happened that night, but we had so much fun with her. The pictures were beautiful and we would use her again!!!
She was like part of our family for the weekend:)

Profile Picture Abby, 5/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Darla was an absolute pleasure! I work on an annul event and Darla was one of our photographers. Our guests loved her, as did we. The turnaround time for receiving her beautiful photos was very quick, which was great because we were working on tight deadlines. I would absolutely recommend Darla to anyone!

Profile Picture Lane, 5/3/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Although I'm a few weeks away from seeing my formal wedding pictures, I have no doubt they will be beautiful and capture my wedding day in all its fun and tradition.

Photography was one of my most important elements of my wedding planning. After meeting a few photographers, I was starting to think I would have to make some sacrifices whether that be quality or removing the options I wanted since photography can get expensive.

So, I was intrigued to get a call from Darla directly offering her services to me around the time I wanted to make a formal decision. It turned out a colleague of a good business connection of mine gave her my name, and told her to touch base with me.

And I'm glad this happened because she was quite the breath of fresh air. Whether I talked to her on the phone or even more once I met her in person, I realized that I could have quality pictures at the hand of an experienced photographer, but at a budget point that I could be comfortable with, without eliminating the options I wanted all along.

She is extremely reasonable with her pricing whether you want a real simple package to everything under the sun. And you have the ability to create a custom package which is a big plus. She's so upfront with what she offers that you won't have any surprises, and at the time my contract was signed, we benefited from a nice promotion.

Aside from the pricing, Darla is a really outgoing person and easy to talk to. She's serious about her work and it shows, but she's really fun and has a great sense of humor. Based on her experience, she gave me great tips along the way with my planning and gave me other vendor recommendations that I took advantage of.

Out of all my major vendors, I thoroughly enjoyed working with Darla and so did my now husband. Plus, we had a really nice engagement photo session with her that yielded some great pictures that my family kept talking about for weeks.

I know that my family and friends will be buzz when the wedding pictures come. Darla's the best. and it was so easy to put my trust in her expertise as an photographer and as an amazingly reliable person.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/29/11, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the time we met Darla for an initial meeting, when she was rolling around on the floor with her large malamute dog, to the week before the wedding when I asked her if some idea I had was too crazy and she said, "you're talking to the wrong lunatic," to the day of the wedding when she cried during the speeches, it was confirmed over and over again that we made the right choice in photographer. Darla and her co-hort Rick were fun, professional, prompt, helpful and pretty much all around awesome. Do yourself a favor and beg them to shoot your wedding!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/14/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla was the best decision my husband and I made for our photographer. She is an outstanding professional, a true artist, and has the experience to back it up. Our photos are amazing. Just from our engagement session, we had so many great shots to choose from it was hard to decide which ones were our favorites. On the day of our wedding, she went well above and beyond her role as our photographer. Darla not only helped my Mom with my corset, she also helped teach my husband and I how to cut our wedding cake. My family kept commenting how wonderful the wedding was, but also how great Darla was. She makes you feel very comfortable and is not intrusive. She was an absolute pleasure.

Profile Picture Leeann, 5/6/11, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla, is an amazing photographer. She is very professional yet fun, Darla made it easy to get my wedding pictures taken. She became more of a friend than just my photographer. For our wedding we also had a second photographer who was also amazing. I would recommend Darla's services to anyone. I am looking forward to working with her in the future.

Profile Picture Nila, 4/22/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

To all the brides out there...Darla is an absolute dream come true! First, her pictures definately reflect all of the experience she has. She able to capture a variety of moments from the glamour and classic shots to wilder fun shots and best of all she caught so many priceless candid moments. Second, Darla has the greatest personality. Not only did she take phenomenal photographs but she was a great addition to the wedding! Everybody had a blast with her and I still have guests who were at the wedding make remarks about how impressed they were with Darla. She was able to be a lot of fun while also being able to take command to get the photographs that were wanted and make sure the day was running smoothly. It was like having a great friend/coordinator who was able to take miraculous photos at the same time. Darla was very professional, very responsive and flexible throughout the whole process. She definately does her best to make sure you get what you want and will do all she can to make it happen...and if that is not enough, we found her prices to be extremely reasonable as well. All in all, my wedding day would not have been nearly the magical day it was without her and she was also able to provide us with photos that caputured that essence so well that we feel as if we are reliving it everytime we go through them. We cannot thank Darla enough and I cannot wait to have another occasion in which I'll be able to have the pleasure of having her as our Photographer!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/27/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla was amazing! My husband and I hired her after she sat down with us and learned exactly what we wanted. On the day of the wedding.... And with all the craziness, I forgot my earrings!!! She kindly took off here beautiful earrings and gave them to me to wear during the wedding reception! She put the whole wedding party at ease, she was professional and her pictures were top notch! I have since used her for our daughters baptism! I recommend her highly and plan on using her services for a family picture in a few weeks!

Sam and Sandra

Profile Picture Sandra, 8/21/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Darla was an absolutely fantastic photographer. She is so friendly and personable. Everyone loved having their picture taken by her. She is willing to get down and dirty for a great shot. She can work in any situation and is great at directing others.

Profile Picture User779461, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I found Darla Photography early in my wedding planning and met with her. She was charming, not pushy, friendly, funny and knowledgeable. Coincidentally, she had just done a wedding at the church I was getting married in, and was kind enough to pull up the photos. Even more coincidentally, the bride in the photos happened to be a colleague of mine who had gotten married a few months earlier! I had a good feeling about Darla as it was, and the glowing review my colleague gave me the next day at work sealed the deal. In the meantime, I had only met with one other photography vendor and they in no way compared to the warm & fuzzies (yes, I know this sounds cheesy but when it comes to wedding planning, I think warm & fuzzies are important) that I got from Darla.

On the day of the wedding, she arrived RIGHT on time -- on the nose. She helped keep the guys on schedule and out to the church on time. She assisted with my bustle issues. She helped me receive and manage the floral arrangement delivery, which arrived two seconds after she started doing some awesome boudoir shots, when I was, um, not quite dressed to answer the door. :) She thoughtfully arranged with the reception venue/hotel to park in a spot right behind where the limo was to pull up so that she would be right behind us the whole time. There was just many little details that she did that made things flow smoothly. She didn't miss a beat. She has a positive energy and is really fun and easy to get along with. She showed me a few of the pictures as she was taking them, and they looked amazing. I can't wait to see the prints and get all the photos once they are ready! (Darla - I have a few fun photos of YOU with the belly dancer that I need to email you!) On an administrative note, she is organzied and follows up when she says she's going to. She helped keep me on track with payment schedules and even helped me figure out my timeline, too. You simply can't go wrong with Darla there to photograph your big day. The day was better and more perfect because she was there.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/19/10, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Darla is simply the best. She is kind, polite, professional, absolutely fantastic at her job and best of all, she is within budget. I have had nothing but great experiences with Darla and her staff. She treats you like a friend instead of a customer and I value her opinions and guidance. Do yourself a favor and use Darla and have a carefree wedding day, knowing your pictures will turn out to be amazing.

Profile Picture Bill, 6/5/10, 1 Review