Dark + Diamond Floral Design Reviews

78 | Beacon, NY

78 Reviews for Dark + Diamond Floral Design

78 Dark + Diamond Floral Design Reviews

Andrea · Married on 09/29/2018

From our initial phone call to the wedding itself, and every step along the way, Katie and Michael were responsive, collaborative, organized, clear, passionate, inspired, and incredibly talented...resulting in the most graciously beautiful, blended with nature (at Gedney Farm in MA. ), romantic and warm atmosphere for our daughter and son-in-law's fall wedding. Every touch was perfect, their advice impeccable. We feel very lucky to have found them (recommended by a friend) and incredibly blessed and grateful for their labors of love.

A · Married on 07/07/2018

It was great working with Katie and Michael for my daughter’s wedding. They are artists who excell in every aspect of planning and executing. Their arrangements were so creative and absolutely gorgeous. They are the ultimate professionals and their gufidance was so helpful. They were an absolute pleasure to work with. And worth every penny!

Jennifer · Married on 07/07/2018

Dark + Diamond was the first vendor we booked for our wedding and set the tone for our vision. Katie and Michael helped us develop the feel of the wedding and went above and beyond to pull the entire look together beyond just our flowers. They are truly an incredible pair to work with and devote their time and energy to making you feel special throughout the planning process. You can truly see their labor of love the day of-as our flowers arrangements were breathtaking, rustic and full of life. We could not have been happier with their work and are so thankful to have had them with us along the way to our special day.

Sara · Married on 04/28/2018

My favorite wedding vendor! Everything they did was absolutely incredible and far exceeded any expectations I had. From the bouquets, to the Chuppah, to the centerpieces, everything was beyond beautiful and perfect. I've worked with many floral companies (in my day job) and these guys are by far the best! All my guests were commenting about the flowers the next day, and I don't blame them. They helped make our wedding day so special.

Hilary · Married on 01/14/2018

Katie and Michael are fantastic. They understood our modern/organic aesthetic immediately, and were responsive and professional throughout the planning process. The flowers blew us away - far beyond what we ever imagined flowers could be. Can't recommend them enough!

Janice · Married on 10/14/2017

My daughters flowers were breathtaking! I was moved to tears when I saw them. Katie and Michael are wonderful to work with, their arrangements are exceptional and I cannot recommend them highly enough. You will be blown away.

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

Katie and Michael are true artists who take your seemingly simple vision and create a landscape of florals you could only ever dream of. From our initial meeting to the day of, they were incredible to work with! They listened to our ideas and helped us take them to the next level (even finding a vintage mantle as our ceremony backdrop)! If you are getting married in the NY area, you really need to stop looking and reach out to Dark + Diamond because they are the just the best.

Dark + Diamond Floral Design 1
    Dark + Diamond Floral Design 2
    Dark + Diamond Floral Design 3

Caroline · Married on 08/26/2017

Katie & Michael were a dream come true for our wedding! They seemed to understand exactly what we wanted (even though we don't know very much about flowers and probably weren't always clear) and were such a pleasure to work with during our planning process. The execution was flawless - our wedding fell only a few weeks after they had their first baby (no idea how they did that!!) and everything was perfect.

Lisa · Married on 06/24/2017

Hello, unknown reader looking for a wedding florist -- look no further, your search should end right here. You've found the dream team. If you've seen any photos of Katie + Michael's work, then you should already know that they're immensely talented, insanely creative, and a once in a lifetime find. And trust me when I tell you - and there can be no doubt or question on this - they're simply and absolutely the best!

I swooned over every single photo I have ever seen of Dark + Diamond's floral designs, so I gave them a deposit before I even had a palette in mind (also before I met them, before I saw any work in person, before I had the slightest concept for the wedding, etc.) -- it was out of character for me, a research queen, but I am BEYOND grateful I did. Because, what Dark + Diamond's instagram photos and portfolio don't show is just how kind, attentive, responsive, intuitive, astute, creative, and all-around awesome they are! I knew from the instant I spoke with Katie that I could trust them to do an amazing job, so I never even asked for a sample - I was right, and they nailed it. Somehow, though I can't say I was ever entirely clear with my "vision," Katie + Michael made all of my floral dreams come true, and turned our event space (the Roundhouse) and our wedding into something so beautiful I really couldn't have imagined it. (And for the record, my now-husband 10000% agrees!) Trust me - you will not regret working with them!!!!

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2017

Dark + Diamond completley understood our vision and made it into more than I could have imagined. It was more than flowers for a wedding, it was a floral experience that made the wedding such a magical, whimsical beautiful place. It enhanced our wedding in every way possible. They were soooo responsive to all of my crazy requests and emails, they worked with us every step of the way and really came out with something more beautiful than I really could have ever imagined. They have an incredible eye for design, color, and space. I would more than recommend their services, they're incredible!

Courtney · Married on 04/29/2017

Dark and Diamond was simply amazing to work with! Our flowers were exquisite and truly a work on art. Katie and Michael were both pleasures to work with. Katie was extremely attentive to our ideas and overall helped create our vision and aesthetic for our wedding day. Dark and Diamond was overly accommodating to small tweaks and changes along the way. Our guests were just as impressed as we were! Thank you Dark and Diamond!

Sara · Married on 10/16/2016

Dark + Diamond are truly floral artists! They created beautiful arrangements with just one brainstorming meeting, a few emails and some inspirational images. The centerpieces and bouquets were created with seasonal flowers and succulents. We were thrilled with how all of the elements came out. Katie and Michael delivered the bouquets and boutonnieres to our rooms on the morning of our wedding. What a lovely personal touch! They ensured everything was set up beautifully and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Just put your trust in Katie and Michael and you'll be very happy!

Terry · Married on 10/14/2016

We cannot thank the floral artisans enough, Dark + Diamond, for making our daughters wedding vision a reality. With their creative insite, they enhanced every floral piece they delivered to our venue "The Roundhouse" in Bacon NY. From the beautiful succulent and fern draped arch framing the waterfall and later the main staircase, to the stunning floral headpiece that adorned my daughters hair, it could not have been any prettier. The hopps and bottle cap boutonnières, floral combs and one of a kind succulent bouquets were a wonderful addition to the bridal party procession. Flower filled wine bottles were surrounded in vine wreaths and several succulents were arranged around the framing wreath. Smaller bottles with flowers were displayed along side the ceremony chairs and later on the cocktail hour tables. Many of our guests took flowers home and commented on their beauty and variety of plant. Katie and Michael outdid themselves for our guest table by building a free standing letter "K" flower box, filled with moss and various succulents. This box will now go on display in their home. We would highly recommend this dynamic duo to anyone looking for quality, creativity and wonderful craftsmanship. Thank you again for making our day so special! Terry and Joe Burger

Teresa · Married on 10/14/2016

Katie and Michael did such an amazing job with our flowers. My bouquet and flower crown definitely stole the show and the most asked question has been "who did your flowers?"
    They helped bring my vision to life and totally embraced my unique sense of style for the wedding. They aren't afraid to think outside of the box and create something absolutely show stopping.

Katie · Married on 09/17/2016

Dark & Diamond are responsible for helping to create a magical wonderland at the Bear Mountain Inn for our wedding. From our first meeting with them at their home, my husband and I knew they were our kindred spirits. We wanted a rustic romantic vibe with colors that played off of the natural beauty of Bear Mountain. The best part about working with Katie and Michael was we gave them general ideas and they blew it out from there. We gave them full creative freedom to make our ceremony, cocktail and reception into a beautiful rustic dream. In addition to providing all of the beautiful flowers for our event, we were also able to rent a bunch of decor from them--vintage suitcases, chalkboards, lanterns, candles, etc. Giving full creative freedom to them allowed us not to worry about small details about the decor which was fantastic. We knew they would make our day beautiful and they did. Taking it a step further, instead of traditional table numbers we decided we wanted to have different woodland animals be our table numbers. They leveraged a friend of theres to design wood carved animals for us and make the escort cards. Katie also designed a headpiece for me with vintage silk flowers and a birdcage veil that brought my entire wedding look together. I cannot say enough how wonderful Katie & Michael are to work with. They're responsive, creative, organized and just all around awesome people. HIGHLY recommend them!

Hayley · Married on 09/10/2016

I came to Katie and Michael with no color scheme and no strong direction, just a few words that conveyed what I had in my mind. I knew I wanted woodsy, natural, and organic, but I was also looking for a floral designer that was creative and would think outside the box. From just a few words, Katie and Michael pulled an idea out of my mind and made it come to life in something that was truly magical. My now husband said it best when he described that Katie and Michael don't create centerpieces, they create SCENERY. They took the natural beauty of our venue (Onteora Mountain House) and amplified it a million times. It was like they brought the outdoors into our reception space, which was exactly what we wanted. And I can only echo everyone else's comments that Katie and Michael are true artists and genuinely good-hearted people. Exactly the type of people you want to help you plan such a special day. Thank you both!

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2016

I can't say enough about Katie and Michael of Dark + Diamond. We shopped around the Hudson Valley area when looking for a florist for our wedding at the Roundhouse, and Dark + Diamond stood out among the rest. I am no expert when it comes to florals, but I had a very specific style in mind and Katie and Michael TOTALLY got it. They were very flexible with our budget and always offered us options to achieve the look that we wanted and were always happy to take a look at my latest pinterest finds. We made some special requests to have some of our florals transitioned from the ceremony to the reception and they were on top of it, every step of the way, with smiles on their faces! Michael and Katie will treat you like a friend (and actually, you'll want to be their friends because they are the coolest) and they will make the wedding florals of your dreams come alive...they definitely did for me! Our wedding guests were definitely wowed by their beautiful floral designs -- and it was all in our budget!

Julia · Married on 08/28/2016

Katie and Michael were amazing to work with for our August wedding at the Roundhouse. They are incredibly talented - I think our flowers were some of the prettiest I've ever seen - and they went above and beyond to meet our needs. While I went into our first conversation without any sense of what I wanted, Katie walked me through everything and asked all the right questions. They are also professional with a personal touch. I felt like they really took the time to get to know us, and our style, so that the final result perfectly fit us as a couple. While they are a bit more expensive than some of the other vendors I spoke with, I wouldn't dream of using anyone else. Thank you Dark and Diamond - you're truly flower geniuses!

Greg · Married on 08/27/2016

Katie and Mike are PROS. Their work read define the craft of floristry and takes it to a whole new realm of possibilities. They are true artists, who create stunning masterpieces for both small accessories and large installations. Share some ideas, but let them take over and do what they do better than anyone, which is create unimaginable environmental and floral art

danielle · Married on 07/30/2016

Katie and Michael are incredible people and florists! They blew me away with their incredibly beautiful and unique table displays, flower arrangements and bouquets. Katie made me the most unbelievable flower crown. It was so beautiful and I received so many compliments on the flower crown and the colorful flower and fruit tables they designed. If you want natural, authentic, romantic and beautiful flowers, choose dark and diamond. I know they put a lot of time and effort into these arrangements and constantly had to move them around due to rain. They are a tremendous pair and really accommodating and easy to work with. I highly recommend them! At the end of the night, my guests all got to go home with beautiful centerpieces and urns. They totally understood my vision and executed it better than I could have imagined. The flowers made my wedding a real life dream come true!

Lilly · Married on 07/03/2016

Katie and Michael were truly the most amazing people. We met them in their beautiful home in Beacon and had a really personal meeting with them where they were so in sync with our requests, offered amazing suggestions, and just totally got our vision. They are the sweetest people and were so incredibly kind and communicative (not to mention incredibly cool!). Throughout the whole process of planning for our wedding, they were SO responsive, tailored our requests to our budget requirements and ultimately put together floral arrangements that exceeded our expectations. From the chuppah (which they very respectfully crafted around a personal Talis), to the aisle, to the centerpieces, to unique vintage pieces they scavenged for - our wedding was beyond what we could have ever imagined, and it was largely thanks to them. We had so many friends come up to us and tell us that our wedding looked like it came right out of Pinterest. Katie and Michael are truly the best - highly highly recommend!

Adrian · Married on 06/25/2016

Dark and Diamond are a premier vendor for sure. Katie and Michael are true artists and the quality of their work cannot be understated. They singlehandedly made our wedding into an unforgettable day. Extremely professional, extremely reliable. They will do a wonderful job and give you the piece of mind that your wedding day will be incredible. Please retain their services with confidence, that you are using one of the best floral design teams around. Five Stars!

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

We were married at the Roundhouse in June, and can't speak highly enough about Katie and Michael's amazing work. The floral design exceeded my expectations and really helped personalize and warm up a relatively sparse space. Their eye for color and design is incredible, and I am sure that they can make anyone's floral design visions come to life. They were also very responsive and helpful on the day of the wedding--I asked for them to change some of the flowers in a hairpiece they made for me, and they were really accommodating, made the changes right away, and got it back to me quickly! They also stuck around for the ceremony to freshen my bouquet and put the petals in the aisle so they were fresh for the ceremony. Little details like that are things that you don't want to be worrying about the day of the wedding, and they have you covered! Dark + Diamond is a vendor you can completely leave your trust in, which is huge when you have so much to juggle. Highly recommend!

marissa · Married on 06/04/2016

this husband and wife team work really well together. they are detailed and thorough in the consultation and get you an inspiration board and quote very quickly. the sample day, if desired, doesn't come included in price however it was definitely worth the extra expense as they made everything come to life in the most beautiful way. dark + diamond are very talented artists and florists. for two people they made 17 of our tables with 3-5 arrangements EACH. lots of work in addition to church, bridal party, and cocktail hour flowers. I was so happy to support a local small business and highly recommend them. thank you Katie and Mike!

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2016

We were married at the Roundhouse earlier this month (Aug 2016) and I am STILL dreaming about my flowers from Dark & Diamond. Katie and Michael are true artists. Our photographer said they were the most beautiful flowers she's ever seen and she shoots a lot weddings! They are wonderful listeners and also offered their own input and thoughts - which I greatly appreciated because their style is impeccable. I felt so at ease knowing I picked a florist I could trust. I would absolutely recommend them.