Dark + Diamond Floral Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Molly
    Molly W. Married on 10/09/2021

Fall Floral and foliage bliss

Katie and Michael are phenomenal. If I could give them 10 stars, we would! We created a palate of colors together and a few specific ideas, and they took it artistically above and beyond our wildest fall dreams. I received so many complements on how gorgeous her arrangements, table bud vases, and incredible floral chandelier were. They are kind, punctual, specific but concise (important on your busy big day) and just TALENTED. Highly highly Highly recommend.
  • Emily
    Emily K. Married on 07/01/2021

Dark & Diamond made our wedding dreams a reality!

Dark & Diamond made our wedding dreams a reality! We got married in an empty, industrial space in Brooklyn, so we relied on Dark & Diamond to warm up and personalize the space, and they could not have done a more elegant, interesting and creative job. Each detail was exactly what we wanted, and more than we could have hoped for. The ceremony room felt like a wild, magical garden with the vines creeping up the walls and the stunning escort card table. The chuppah mixed birch trees, wild bunches of of flowers and candles. The reception room was the most dreamy, ethereal, yet natural and organic, feeling -- just as I had hoped. Even the details in the bathrooms were absolute perfection. The result was beyond my imagination.

On top of that, Katie & Mark were so easy and wonderful to work with. Through the entire process, they were professional, flexible, creative and clear. I would recommend them to anyone!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly R. Married on 11/21/2020

Beautiful and Unique

What a great experience working with Dark + Diamond. We basically put the whole vision of our wedding into their hands. We didn't really have a color palate we wanted to use, so we told them "you're the professionals, do what you think will look good" and they did not disappoint. The colors were vibrant and the overall look of the wedding was exactly what we envisioned. Unique and different than any other wedding we've seen and it was perfect.
    Margaret R. Married on 09/19/2020

Best florals I've ever seen

Where do I start? Katie and the team were professional, kind, and a dream to work with. Most importantly for a florist, though, she completely understood our vision and elevated it. I never thought I would try to get our wedding published, but with their beautiful designs, I think I can.
    Michelle Married on 08/01/2020

Incredibly creative, modern, and wonderful!

It's hard to find the words to describe how incredible working with Dark + Diamond was for our wedding. Like so many, we originally had a big wedding planned for this summer that we had to cancel due to COVID-19. We pivoted to a small wedding with just family, but we knew our floral element would be just as important. Katie was so understanding and totally worked with us to scale down our vision and create something that fit our new outdoor venue. My bouquet was the most spectacular I've ever seen - she brilliantly pulled together gorgeous individual flowers with wildflowers and lots of greenery. The number of compliments I have received about our flowers has been basically endless -- it is nonstop with every photo we share. She also created bud vases for our (small) tables for our guests, which were abundant and overflowing with color and texture. In addition, she found a way to turn an empty patch of grass for our ceremony into a meadow of color and wildflowers. So special!
    I can't recommend working with D + D enough. You will not only experience a partner in pulling together your vision, but you will be supporting and working with one of the most genuinely lovely and talented people in the biz.
  • Jenna
    Jenna Married on 07/18/2020

Magical Flowers

Katie is a true artist and made all my floral dreams come true!

As soon as I engaged with her and received the initial proposal I knew she was the right florist for us. Her work is so unique and beautiful and she immediately captured my vision for the wedding - romantic, timeless florals.

We were originally supposed to work together for a Spring 2020 wedding - when it was derailed due to COVID-19, she was incredibly flexible in accommodating what originally was a rebooking and then became a full pivot to a micro-wedding. She worked with me to scale down the florals but still give me the look/feel that I wanted. As you can see in the pictures, the flowers were literally breathtaking. All of my guests (and friends who had to view photos due to capacity limits) commented on how unique and special the flowers were. I remember telling Katie that I wanted to feel like I was walking through a meadow as I walked down the aisle, and she delivered! The floral curtain was stunning and a showstopper, as were all the table arrangements.

I couldn't have been happier to have Katie and Dark + Diamond part of our day and look forward to working with her again once we have a larger reception in the future!
    Jessie B. Married on 10/05/2019

Better than I could have imagined

Do yourself a big favor and just hire Dark and Diamond for your wedding. Katie and Michael are truly artists - their color palettes are beyond stunning and their arrangements are absolute sculpture. Katie took my very loose and vague vision and developed a perfect mood board, and an even more perfect floral design for our wedding. She had great suggestions and guidance throughout the process, and was very flexible in helping make our dreams work within our budget. I saw flowers coming out of the back of the truck on our day and literally teared up they were so beautiful. They took such care with every arrangement, and were so sweet and fun to work with. Our flowers were such a critical part of our design for the weekend, and I simply could not have been happier with Dark and Diamond. I could not recommend them more highly, and hope I can find some more excuses to work with them again in the future. Hire them!!!
    Kate A. Married on 08/16/2019

True Talent + Vision

I am so happy I picked Dark + Diamond to work with for my wedding flowers. They were true professionals and I appreciated their responsiveness, patience and thoughtfulness. Beyond their partnership, their work speaks for itself. Their designs were GORGEOUS - vibrant, fresh and ethereal - and perfectly reflected my style. I would highly recommend working with Dark + Diamond and have no doubt they will elevate whatever vision you have for your event.
    Emily G. Married on 07/13/2019

Transcendent!

Words cannot describe how ecstatically happy I am with the stunning beautiful floral pieces Katie and Michael created for my wedding! I am INCREDIBLY picky about flowers, and it meant the world to me that I could trust them to bring my vision to life. They were able to vividly bring the energy of a meadow of wildflowers into industrial Brooklyn and it was unlike anything I've ever seen.

They are true artists in every sense of the word, their designs bursting with creativity and innovation. Unlike many other wedding florists, they don't simply throw together as many peonies and roses as you can afford. Instead, they are incredibly deliberate and thoughtful with every design. They work outside the box, including flowers I'd ever never even heard of (like, who would ever think to use hanging amaranth???) and Katie even foraged for some the flowers herself!

Their breathtaking work was the highlight of the entire wedding for me (and many of my guests!). I can't recommend Katie and Michael highly enough and promise that if you trust them to work their magic, you won't regret it!
    Keira Married on 10/20/2018

Stunning and Unique

Dark + Diamond takes wedding floral to a whole new level. Katie and Michael are incredibly talented florists and can create masterpieces to fit your vision. I was not particular on the type of flower used and I am SO glad I gave them full creative on the choices. They decorated my entire wedding venue (which was outdoors at a vineyard) including the venues' pole barn and the rented century tent. They made the space space look classy, elegant and breath taking.

Katie and Michael were so sweet and easy to work with. As soon as we met them I knew they would be a great asset to my wedding team. I have never seen such talent.. and they do it all! They were the only choice to make my wedding decor dreams come true.
    Andrea Married on 09/29/2018
    From our initial phone call to the wedding itself, and every step along the way, Katie and Michael were responsive, collaborative, organized, clear, passionate, inspired, and incredibly talented...resulting in the most graciously beautiful, blended with nature (at Gedney Farm in MA. ), romantic and warm atmosphere for our daughter and son-in-law's fall wedding. Every touch was perfect, their advice impeccable. We feel very lucky to have found them (recommended by a friend) and incredibly blessed and grateful for their labors of love.
    A Married on 07/07/2018
    It was great working with Katie and Michael for my daughter’s wedding. They are artists who excell in every aspect of planning and executing. Their arrangements were so creative and absolutely gorgeous. They are the ultimate professionals and their gufidance was so helpful. They were an absolute pleasure to work with. And worth every penny!
    Jennifer Married on 07/07/2018
    Dark + Diamond was the first vendor we booked for our wedding and set the tone for our vision. Katie and Michael helped us develop the feel of the wedding and went above and beyond to pull the entire look together beyond just our flowers. They are truly an incredible pair to work with and devote their time and energy to making you feel special throughout the planning process. You can truly see their labor of love the day of-as our flowers arrangements were breathtaking, rustic and full of life. We could not have been happier with their work and are so thankful to have had them with us along the way to our special day.
    Sara Married on 04/28/2018
    My favorite wedding vendor! Everything they did was absolutely incredible and far exceeded any expectations I had. From the bouquets, to the Chuppah, to the centerpieces, everything was beyond beautiful and perfect. I've worked with many floral companies (in my day job) and these guys are by far the best! All my guests were commenting about the flowers the next day, and I don't blame them. They helped make our wedding day so special.
    Hilary Married on 01/14/2018
    Katie and Michael are fantastic. They understood our modern/organic aesthetic immediately, and were responsive and professional throughout the planning process. The flowers blew us away - far beyond what we ever imagined flowers could be. Can't recommend them enough!
    Janice Married on 10/14/2017
    My daughters flowers were breathtaking! I was moved to tears when I saw them. Katie and Michael are wonderful to work with, their arrangements are exceptional and I cannot recommend them highly enough. You will be blown away.
    Amanda Married on 10/08/2017
    Katie and Michael are true artists who take your seemingly simple vision and create a landscape of florals you could only ever dream of. From our initial meeting to the day of, they were incredible to work with! They listened to our ideas and helped us take them to the next level (even finding a vintage mantle as our ceremony backdrop)! If you are getting married in the NY area, you really need to stop looking and reach out to Dark + Diamond because they are the just the best.
    Caroline Married on 08/26/2017
    Katie & Michael were a dream come true for our wedding! They seemed to understand exactly what we wanted (even though we don't know very much about flowers and probably weren't always clear) and were such a pleasure to work with during our planning process. The execution was flawless - our wedding fell only a few weeks after they had their first baby (no idea how they did that!!) and everything was perfect.
    Lisa Married on 06/24/2017
    Hello, unknown reader looking for a wedding florist -- look no further, your search should end right here. You've found the dream team. If you've seen any photos of Katie + Michael's work, then you should already know that they're immensely talented, insanely creative, and a once in a lifetime find. And trust me when I tell you - and there can be no doubt or question on this - they're simply and absolutely the best!

I swooned over every single photo I have ever seen of Dark + Diamond's floral designs, so I gave them a deposit before I even had a palette in mind (also before I met them, before I saw any work in person, before I had the slightest concept for the wedding, etc.) -- it was out of character for me, a research queen, but I am BEYOND grateful I did. Because, what Dark + Diamond's instagram photos and portfolio don't show is just how kind, attentive, responsive, intuitive, astute, creative, and all-around awesome they are! I knew from the instant I spoke with Katie that I could trust them to do an amazing job, so I never even asked for a sample - I was right, and they nailed it. Somehow, though I can't say I was ever entirely clear with my "vision," Katie + Michael made all of my floral dreams come true, and turned our event space (the Roundhouse) and our wedding into something so beautiful I really couldn't have imagined it. (And for the record, my now-husband 10000% agrees!) Trust me - you will not regret working with them!!!!
    Amanda Married on 05/26/2017
    Dark + Diamond completley understood our vision and made it into more than I could have imagined. It was more than flowers for a wedding, it was a floral experience that made the wedding such a magical, whimsical beautiful place. It enhanced our wedding in every way possible. They were soooo responsive to all of my crazy requests and emails, they worked with us every step of the way and really came out with something more beautiful than I really could have ever imagined. They have an incredible eye for design, color, and space. I would more than recommend their services, they're incredible!
    Courtney Married on 04/29/2017
    Dark and Diamond was simply amazing to work with! Our flowers were exquisite and truly a work on art. Katie and Michael were both pleasures to work with. Katie was extremely attentive to our ideas and overall helped create our vision and aesthetic for our wedding day. Dark and Diamond was overly accommodating to small tweaks and changes along the way. Our guests were just as impressed as we were! Thank you Dark and Diamond!
    Sara Married on 10/16/2016
    Dark + Diamond are truly floral artists! They created beautiful arrangements with just one brainstorming meeting, a few emails and some inspirational images. The centerpieces and bouquets were created with seasonal flowers and succulents. We were thrilled with how all of the elements came out. Katie and Michael delivered the bouquets and boutonnieres to our rooms on the morning of our wedding. What a lovely personal touch! They ensured everything was set up beautifully and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Just put your trust in Katie and Michael and you'll be very happy!
    Teresa Married on 10/14/2016
    Katie and Michael did such an amazing job with our flowers. My bouquet and flower crown definitely stole the show and the most asked question has been "who did your flowers?"
    They helped bring my vision to life and totally embraced my unique sense of style for the wedding. They aren't afraid to think outside of the box and create something absolutely show stopping.
    Terry Married on 10/14/2016
    We cannot thank the floral artisans enough, Dark + Diamond, for making our daughters wedding vision a reality. With their creative insite, they enhanced every floral piece they delivered to our venue "The Roundhouse" in Bacon NY. From the beautiful succulent and fern draped arch framing the waterfall and later the main staircase, to the stunning floral headpiece that adorned my daughters hair, it could not have been any prettier. The hopps and bottle cap boutonnières, floral combs and one of a kind succulent bouquets were a wonderful addition to the bridal party procession. Flower filled wine bottles were surrounded in vine wreaths and several succulents were arranged around the framing wreath. Smaller bottles with flowers were displayed along side the ceremony chairs and later on the cocktail hour tables. Many of our guests took flowers home and commented on their beauty and variety of plant. Katie and Michael outdid themselves for our guest table by building a free standing letter "K" flower box, filled with moss and various succulents. This box will now go on display in their home. We would highly recommend this dynamic duo to anyone looking for quality, creativity and wonderful craftsmanship. Thank you again for making our day so special! Terry and Joe Burger
    Katie Married on 09/17/2016
    Dark & Diamond are responsible for helping to create a magical wonderland at the Bear Mountain Inn for our wedding. From our first meeting with them at their home, my husband and I knew they were our kindred spirits. We wanted a rustic romantic vibe with colors that played off of the natural beauty of Bear Mountain. The best part about working with Katie and Michael was we gave them general ideas and they blew it out from there. We gave them full creative freedom to make our ceremony, cocktail and reception into a beautiful rustic dream. In addition to providing all of the beautiful flowers for our event, we were also able to rent a bunch of decor from them--vintage suitcases, chalkboards, lanterns, candles, etc. Giving full creative freedom to them allowed us not to worry about small details about the decor which was fantastic. We knew they would make our day beautiful and they did. Taking it a step further, instead of traditional table numbers we decided we wanted to have different woodland animals be our table numbers. They leveraged a friend of theres to design wood carved animals for us and make the escort cards. Katie also designed a headpiece for me with vintage silk flowers and a birdcage veil that brought my entire wedding look together. I cannot say enough how wonderful Katie & Michael are to work with. They're responsive, creative, organized and just all around awesome people. HIGHLY recommend them!