Danya Chen Photography Reviews

Danya Chen Photography 3
Danya Chen Photography 4
Danya Chen Photography 5

Jane · Married on 08/31/2019

Danya was amazing to work with!

Sent on 01/24/2018
  • Stefanie

Stefanie Yan · Married on 08/10/2019

TL;DR: Danya is AMAZING. Highly Recommend!

I could go on about Danya forever. She is a GEM! We hired Danya as our wedding photographer. She did our engagement photos along with our 2-day wedding event. My husband and I had an Indian + Chinese + American fusion wedding. It was a unique wedding and we had a lot of different elements which included Chinese Tea Ceremony, Mehndi night, a Baraat, choreographed performances, and lion dancers. Danya was able to keep up with our complicated order of events.

She is talented. Danya has a good eye and was able to manage our huge families and round people up to capture the perfect photo. She was very good at being able to command the situation to get the photos we needed while being friendly and approachable at the same time.

She is VERY responsive and organized which I greatly appreciated. We were able to get our full album in 2 weeks! Working with all the different vendors, Danya was by far the most professional, responsive, easy-to-talk-to, and most talented.

Additionally, she makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She is able to read different personalities very well. I'm not photogenic and was incredibly nervous and self-conscious during our first engagement photoshoot. However, she made me and my husband feel so comfortable by the end of it that we felt ready to become models!

We spent so much time together, almost felt like she was part of the family. We would definitely hire her again for future events. Highly recommend Danya! She has been an absolute joy to work with.

Danya Chen Photography 6
    Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Vineet

Vineet Chaudhary · Married on 08/10/2019

She's really good

Danya was by far the best of all our vendors for our wedding. We did not have to worry a single time about her and that was such a relief during the planning and the day of the wedding with so much going on.

The pictures came out perfect, she delivered them ahead of scheduled and we are still getting compliments from our friends and family about how good a job she did. We've already referred her to a friend getting married soon and will be recommending her to anyone who asks.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Adrian

Adrian Kerrison · Married on 07/12/2019

The best wedding investment - amazing!

We are absolutely delighted to have chosen Danya as our wedding photographer and are so happy with our choice. We found Danya via Instagram as we wanted a photographer that was affordable for our tight budget, but also really talented and experienced in City Hall weddings. After an initial phone call Danya was really keen to know all of the details and needs from us, like most couples we needed guidance on the best timelines and shots; she talked us through the contract and she answered any questions we had throughout the process.

On the day itself Danya was amazing; she arrived in plenty of time, got all the shots we requested but also had a no -stress no fuss approach with all of the wedding party and the guests. At times we had a tight schedule but she managed to get everything in, even when it seemed impossible! She managed to direct us and the wedding guests really well but also seamlessly seemed to stay quietly out of the way during the ceremony and the reception - she was not intrusive in anyway.

Danya delivered us 26 'highlight' shots THE SAME NIGHT; we couldn't believe how stunning they were and gave us a chance to share with friends and family the day after the wedding.
    Danya is clearly an expert in San Francisco City Hall photographs and portraits.
    We received our final album less than two weeks after the wedding; for us this is just an exceptional service. Many of our friends and family have commented on how amazing our wedding photos are.

Danya clearly works so hard and loves what she does. We are so happy we worked with her and feel that she was excellent value for money and one of our best wedding investments. Thank you!!

Danya Chen Photography 18
    Danya Chen Photography 24
    Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Fang · Married on 06/30/2019

Excellent quality for a great price!

Danya is an awesome photographer!

I met Danya when attending one of my friend's wedding and she was their photographer. I loved her style and all the samples she posts on her website. My husband and I knew we wanted her as our engagement and wedding photographer.

Danya is such a professional. She would give us suggestions about good places to have our engagement photo. We would be constantly emailing throughout the day and sometimes even late at night to come up with locations. She also came earlier than planned to the locations to scope out the area and find great spots for a photo op. She did this for when we had our engagement at Santa Cruz and at our wedding at Ardenwood Farms. I truly am awed at her flexibility and professionalism through out the whole process.

I would 100% recommend Danya to anyone who need a photographer. I cannot wait to work with her again in the future when I want to do a family photo shoot or a maternity shoot.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional, experienced, and amazing pictures

Danya is a professional and skilled photographer and we are so glad that we chose Danya Chen Photography to capture our engagement and wedding photos.

The preparation for both photo shoots went very smoothly. Danya clearly explained what to expect and how to prepare for the photo shoots. We especially appreciated her thoughtful suggestions when we were deciding where to take our engagement photos, and how to schedule the day of our wedding.

Danya’s communication during the photo shoots was excellent. She is very experienced and made us feel comfortable and natural even though we weren’t used to being in the spotlight. During our wedding, she also did a great job of organizing all the family and group photos. We noticed that she was really good at communicating with all age groups, from kids to our older guests.

The pictures themselves are amazing. We are very happy with the quality of the pictures, and we also received more pictures than we were expecting. We were also impressed but how fast she finished editing and getting the photos to us. She gave us a preview of the pictures the day after, and gave us the full album within two weeks of our wedding. Danya captured every stage of our wedding beautifully and we couldn’t have asked for better pictures of our special day.

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • F

Fernando Zuniga · Married on 03/30/2019

Best Photographer

Danya is the best photographer that I have met. She knew what angles to shoot and and even knew when to shoot based on the time and lighting. She took her time with us to make sure the perfect pictures came out exactly how it needed to look. If you need a photographer who knows how to capture those special moments then Danya is the photographer for you!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Joon Chung · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing photographer and amazing person!

First and most importantly, Danya is an absolute gem. My wife and I reached out to her to be our wedding photographer at our San Francisco City Hall wedding and it was a peculiar request as my wife and I are both active duty Army and living in different countries. Danya was extremely flexible and we talked for a few weeks with constant communication even with a time difference from Italy to California.

I reached out to Danya a month out from our wedding date and she was extremely helpful with providing us different options for photography coverages, such as marriage license signing coverage, locations, etc. She provided a sample portfolio of a gallery of a smaller group she had photographed in the past and a shot list of highly recommended locations in the city hall.

She reached out to us one week in advanced to coordinate meeting point and answered our questions about logistics of getting around SF. She was extremely helpful giving us suggestions to stay in nearby hotels and gave a time frame of how much time it would take to get around.

The day of the wedding, Dayna met up with us before the ceremony. She is extremely friendly and we shared some great conversations about her experiences as a photographer and our goals in life. It was the most personal and intimate experience with a photographer we've had to this point.

I personally enjoy photography and brought along my own Instax camera that my wife and I use to document our travels and experiences and Danya took the time to take some photos with it so we could have immediate photos to keep.

What was absolutely mind boggling was that Danya sent us a "Sneak Peak album that same day! We couldn't believe we got to see our pictures on the same day and one week later, she sent us the full album that was fully edited.

All in all, Danya was an amazing photographer who captured all of the intimate moments my wife and I shared. She is an amazing person who will make the day memorable and will share laughs with you over so many topics. We highly recommend her as a photographer and wish Danya the best of luck in her future endeavors.

Sent on 04/01/2019

Vivian Largusa · Married on 10/01/2018

SF City Hall wedding

Danya did great capturing our special day. We got married at SF Coty Hall and Danya knew the location well. She guided us through our session making adjustments as she got to know our personality. She made two people whom don’t paeticularly like taking photos feel comfortable , look natural and beautiful. She was even able to give us teaser photos less than a few hours after our wedding before we left on our flight that very night!! Danya is amazing. We will definitely be using her services for any photo needs again!

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Amaris

Amaris · Married on 08/05/2018

Danya arrived at our location before my fiancé + I did, and scoped out all the prime photo spots. Before we began our session, I really appreciated her asking our level of comfort: how close we wanted to stand, any kissing, etc. She knew exactly what she was doing, with the variety of pose suggestions, and she was so much fun to work with! Normally, I feel very awkward being the subject of a photo, but it was comforting to be around Danya. She made us laugh so much, which is not surprising with her friendly personality!

Danya Chen Photography 25
    Danya Chen Photography 26
    Danya Chen Photography 27
    Sent on 01/31/2018

Allison · Married on 05/26/2018

Fantastic!

My now husband and I hired Danya for our wedding photos last May. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. Danya has a fun, easygoing and friendly personality, which made both our engagement and wedding photo sessions comfortable for both us and our guests. She knew exactly how to pose us and was efficient with her time. Danya captured some amazing candid photos from our wedding as well. We're so happy that we hired her and highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/29/2019
  • Alex

Alex Lee · Married on 05/25/2018

San Francisco City Hall Wedding

We are so glad we found Danya! She was amazing to work with and all of our wedding pictures came out gorgeous. WE got married at City Hall in SF and she knew where we needed to go for the best shots. She made it fun for us which resulted in pictures that were more natural and not staged looking. She was incredibly patient and fun to work with! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Jerry

Jerry · Married on 05/12/2018

Friendly, amazing, talented wedding photographer!!!

My wife and I are SO so so thankful to have found Danya as our engagement and wedding photographer. She did our engagement photoshoot and our wedding, and was very involved in the entire wedding planning process. She is super friendly, easy-going, flexible, and most of all, AMAZINGLY TALENTED!! She is quick with her photos and has a natural eye for good shots. She also directs people very well and is always ready to take perfect impromptu photos as well. Very gifted photographer! And her prices are also very reasonable - she really could charge more than she does! It was so natural working with Danya and we will definitely work with her again.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Connie · Married on 11/11/2017

We're so glad we found Danya. We came across her work while browsing through a friend’s engagement photos on Facebook, and I went straight to Google to find her contact information.

There are so many good things to say about Danya and her work. After I reached out and checked her availability on the wedding date, she suggested that we meet in person to discuss what our expectations were for a photographer, and talk over any questions my fiance and I had.

From our first interaction, Danya became such a trusted advisor for us during the wedding planning process. I honestly had very little idea of what I wanted the wedding to be like, or what I should be planning next. I remember having a few venues I was interested in, and I asked Danya for her thoughts on each one, and she was able to give me feedback from a photographer's point of view. Photos are so precious to me, and I'm so glad she was able to provide factors I should consider when searching for a venue because it affects the outcome of your photos. The amount of thought and attention to detail from Danya was irreplaceable.

On top of that, she was super responsive every time I needed to reach her. She even sent periodic updates and check-ins to ask us if we had any questions, and in turn asked us questions to prepare herself for the shoots. I particularly appreciated how organized and timely Danya was because I had so many things going on during planning/wedding day, and it gave me extra peace of mind knowing that she was on top of everything.

Shooting with Danya was also great. I'm notoriously awkward in front of the camera, especially in posed photos, but Danya kept things really relaxed and had great ways of making me feel natural. The photos turned out so beautiful and candid!

We were so lucky to have found Danya for our engagement session and wedding photos and highly, highly recommend her! I know if I need any photo sessions in the future, Danya will be the first photographer I call.

Danya Chen Photography 28