Danya Chen Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Roxanne
    Roxanne Married on 09/01/2022

Fantastic and Exceptional!

We had the pleasure or working with Danya and her associate, Erica, for our wedding pictures. Danya was very responsive, upbeat, had great ideas, and always let us know the next steps. We never had to worry about any detail because we knew that she'd be ready and willing to address any of our photography questions and needs. She was truly one of the best vendors we worked with and a stress-free part of our wedding planning.

On the day of our wedding, Erica and her husband showed up early, which we really appreciated! Both of them were so friendly and easy-going, which made our stressful (but exciting!) day so much better. They had amazing ideas on how to pose us, made us feel comfortable, and were truly so amazing during the entire day.

The pictures turned out lovely! The framing of the photos, the gorgeous lighting, and how they were able to get pictures of all the important parts of our day were wonderful. Thank you for capturing such wonderful memories in a beautiful way!

We could not have asked for a better experience and are so grateful for everything. We highly recommend Danya and her team to everyone and would love to use her services again!
    Katherine Q. Married on 03/13/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Danya is a true professional and an amazing person!

My partner and I can't say enough wonderful things about Danya! A little backstory: a few weeks after getting engaged, I started looking for wedding photographers and found Danya's work on Instagram. After seeing just her photos on Instagram, I knew that we had to have her for our wedding. I reached out and was surprised she was still available for our date because I know how talented she is!

From just our first consultation, it felt like talking to an old friend and that really sealed the deal for me. Throughout the wedding planning process, Danya never hesitated to share her advice with us. My partner and I were on the fence about having a first look, but after hearing Danya's perspective, we chose to do one and I'm so grateful we did. It's an unforgettable moment that I'll cherish forever and in no way does it take away from the experience of walking down the aisle.

We had an engagement session with Danya two months before our wedding, and she truly captured our relationship so well and made us feel incredibly comfortable in front of the camera. Fast forward to our wedding day, I knew that I could trust Danya completely to capture not only the important moments but also everything in between, and it's a true testament to her and her work. I could go on and on, but Danya truly has a gift and working with her was the best decision we made. She's an incredible person and will be stuck with us forever because we'll be hiring her for all our special moments in the future!
  • Alina
    Alina R. Married on 09/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Danya is amazing & an extremely talented photographer

I am so glad I hired Danya for our small wedding ceremony. She is so fun to work with, and really knows her stuff. She made us feel really at ease throughout the process, and was always very responsive. Her photos are stunning and she is truly talented and great at what she does. I would highly recommend hiring Danya to capture your special day, and I'm so glad she was our photographer!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Dhara P. Married on 07/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing and Wonderful, Danya's work is incredible!

I came across Danya through her instagram profile and fell in love with her work. She did an absolutely amazing work to cover us for our multi-cultural wedding, in fact that was what stood out the most for me in her profile that she had covered multi-cultural weddings prior.

We reached out to her through her website and got a reply next day to setup a call. When we talked to her we had instant connection and by the end of the call we knew we wanted her to cover our big day. She kept a constant communication with us and we went over the details of wedding day with her.

On the wedding day we blended Indian and American rituals in one ceremony, there were a lot of details to look for. Danya did an amazing job to capture our moments, we are in love with her photography. She really has an eye for the details. She is easy-going and friendly, we were really comfortable with her. On the day we were so busy we never even noticed how much the guests were enjoying themselves; Danya got great photos of that so we could see it afterwards. She captured the beautiful fun moments of our guests that I and my husband missed. Her photos took us back to the day - they're so good!

I am so glad that I came across her profile and chose her for the wedding. She is a gem and truly takes the time before, during and after to provide stunning photographs that will keep the memories of such a beautiful day alive for a lifetime.
  • Monica
    Monica Married on 05/29/2021

Warm, Professional, and Fast

I'm so glad I stumbled upon Danya's Instagram while looking for an engagement photographer. If you're reading this, you've seen some examples of her work... The beautifully dreamy photos speak for themselves so I'd like to take some time to write about how Danya is to work with.

From the start, Danya quickly responded to my last minute request for an engagement session just one week out. She sent over a detailed brochure, we decided on a location, and one week later we met her at our location. Before we met, she even sent us a heads up about the weather, parking info, and confirmed we had the same address.

Danya has a very warm personality, she is professional, and is an expert in guiding her couples in natural poses. She made us feel so comfortable right from the start and it shows in our photos! Her turnaround time on the photos were much faster than we expected, which was a huge plus!

I can't wait to work with Danya again to capture our future life events!
    Shaun G. Married on 08/08/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Pick Danya if you want the best

Danya photographed our engagement shoot and wedding. Not only did the photographs turn out beautiful, but the photoshoot sessions were fun and she made us feel very comfortable. Our wedding took place during the covid pandemic, and Danya took all the necessary measures to make sure everyone was safe (social distancing, masks, sanitizing, etc).

Danya pays attention to every detail of the shoot. She will make sure everyone is doing the right things and standing in the right position. She has a vision and becomes the director of the shoot. The photos turned out absolutely beautiful. Everything is composed and framed perfectly within the shot and the colors look amazing.

Danya is truly amazing to work with because she's so friendly, talented, and professional. She will be our go-to photographer going forward.
  • Chay
    Chay V. Married on 07/11/2020

Very professional and friendly

Danya and her associate photographer, Raven, were both great to work with for our wedding and engagement photos.

Initially we were disappointed that Danya herself was not going to be available on our wedding date, but Danya still maintained great communication throughout the process and Raven was an incredible photographer. I am usually pretty awkward and stiff for photo shoots but somehow Raven helped us feel and look more comfortable and natural. We were very pleased with our final photos and would definitely work with them both again.
    Bethany K. Married on 05/02/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We're going to hire Danya for every big event in our lives

As many couples know, wedding planning is filled with endless Googling, emails, and phone calls. I had a running list of 3-6 potential options for everything ranging from venue and catering services to hair&makeup artists and photographers to figure out who was available, and how everything fit into our budget. It was overwhelming.

And in the midst of all that, I just want to say THANK GOODNESS FOR DANYA. Not only is she incredibly responsive, but her friendliness was a breath of fresh beautiful air. So many other services had everything so streamlined that everything felt formal, cold, and business-y, and it made me feel hesitant to ask them questions that were likely very repetitive to them.

In our first call to meet Danya, it was like a comforting hug. She genuinely wanted to get to know us, and was so great in helping me figure out our photography needs. We had the church and date set, but literally everything else was up in the air. Danya was so helpful and walked us through a sample wedding day schedule, where photographers fit in, and her advice based on ideal lighting & everyone’s typical energy level. Having all this clearly laid out was SO SO helpful.

For engagement photos, Danya shared location options along with pro/cons list, and tips on picking outfits. She even helped pick out our outfits! For wedding photos, I had shared pics of my wedding dress and Danya again provided location options with pro/cons, and her thoughts on how each location would look with my dress style. I really valued her expert opinion, and am so happy with the super cute fairytale / European inspired location we ended up going with.

Raven was our photographer for both shoots, and she was also such a joy! The hours flew by because we absolutely loved spending the time with her and getting to know her. We also really appreciated her instructions on how to pose without looking awkward. You would never guess that my husband and I are super camera-awkward by just looking at the photos!

And finally, for both shoots, the edits came out so fast and they look soooo good. My husband and I have decided to ask Danya to be our photographer for every big event in our lives, heh. We highly highly recommend Danya to everyone!

TL;DR:
    - Danya and Raven are super responsive and friendly.
    - They’re so good at helping camera-shy people look natural.
    - Danya provides awesome advice re: outfit and location options.
    - The photos are amazing and are delivered really quickly.
    - Exceptional people and exceptional photos.
    - Feel free to reduce your list of potential photographers down to just Danya & Raven. :)
  • Nicole
    Nicole A. Married on 02/02/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Your wedding photographer search ends now!

Danya is incredibly easy going, a great connector, and affordable. She delivers— she’s punctual, pays attention to what you want, and is incredibly great at making you feel comfortable behind the camera. Her turnaround time for photos are amazing and you will absolutely not regret choosing her for your services. Thank you Danya, for everything! Our family and friends love you!
    Jane Married on 08/31/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Danya was amazing to work with!
  • Vineet
    Vineet C. Married on 08/10/2019

She's really good

Danya was by far the best of all our vendors for our wedding. We did not have to worry a single time about her and that was such a relief during the planning and the day of the wedding with so much going on.

The pictures came out perfect, she delivered them ahead of scheduled and we are still getting compliments from our friends and family about how good a job she did. We've already referred her to a friend getting married soon and will be recommending her to anyone who asks.
  • Adrian
    Adrian K. Married on 07/12/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding investment - amazing!

We are absolutely delighted to have chosen Danya as our wedding photographer and are so happy with our choice. We found Danya via Instagram as we wanted a photographer that was affordable for our tight budget, but also really talented and experienced in City Hall weddings. After an initial phone call Danya was really keen to know all of the details and needs from us, like most couples we needed guidance on the best timelines and shots; she talked us through the contract and she answered any questions we had throughout the process.

On the day itself Danya was amazing; she arrived in plenty of time, got all the shots we requested but also had a no -stress no fuss approach with all of the wedding party and the guests. At times we had a tight schedule but she managed to get everything in, even when it seemed impossible! She managed to direct us and the wedding guests really well but also seamlessly seemed to stay quietly out of the way during the ceremony and the reception - she was not intrusive in anyway.

Danya delivered us 26 'highlight' shots THE SAME NIGHT; we couldn't believe how stunning they were and gave us a chance to share with friends and family the day after the wedding.
    Danya is clearly an expert in San Francisco City Hall photographs and portraits.
    We received our final album less than two weeks after the wedding; for us this is just an exceptional service. Many of our friends and family have commented on how amazing our wedding photos are.

Danya clearly works so hard and loves what she does. We are so happy we worked with her and feel that she was excellent value for money and one of our best wedding investments. Thank you!!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany F. Married on 06/30/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent quality for a great price!

Danya is an awesome photographer!

I met Danya when attending one of my friend's wedding and she was their photographer. I loved her style and all the samples she posts on her website. My husband and I knew we wanted her as our engagement and wedding photographer.

Danya is such a professional. She would give us suggestions about good places to have our engagement photo. We would be constantly emailing throughout the day and sometimes even late at night to come up with locations. She also came earlier than planned to the locations to scope out the area and find great spots for a photo op. She did this for when we had our engagement at Santa Cruz and at our wedding at Ardenwood Farms. I truly am awed at her flexibility and professionalism through out the whole process.

I would 100% recommend Danya to anyone who need a photographer. I cannot wait to work with her again in the future when I want to do a family photo shoot or a maternity shoot.
    Ryan Married on 06/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, experienced, and amazing pictures

Danya is a professional and skilled photographer and we are so glad that we chose Danya Chen Photography to capture our engagement and wedding photos.

The preparation for both photo shoots went very smoothly. Danya clearly explained what to expect and how to prepare for the photo shoots. We especially appreciated her thoughtful suggestions when we were deciding where to take our engagement photos, and how to schedule the day of our wedding.

Danya’s communication during the photo shoots was excellent. She is very experienced and made us feel comfortable and natural even though we weren’t used to being in the spotlight. During our wedding, she also did a great job of organizing all the family and group photos. We noticed that she was really good at communicating with all age groups, from kids to our older guests.

The pictures themselves are amazing. We are very happy with the quality of the pictures, and we also received more pictures than we were expecting. We were also impressed but how fast she finished editing and getting the photos to us. She gave us a preview of the pictures the day after, and gave us the full album within two weeks of our wedding. Danya captured every stage of our wedding beautifully and we couldn’t have asked for better pictures of our special day.
  • F
    Fernando Z. Married on 03/30/2019

Best Photographer

Danya is the best photographer that I have met. She knew what angles to shoot and and even knew when to shoot based on the time and lighting. She took her time with us to make sure the perfect pictures came out exactly how it needed to look. If you need a photographer who knows how to capture those special moments then Danya is the photographer for you!
    Stephanie Married on 02/16/2019

Dream Team Delivers!

I always knew I wanted to use Danya’s team for our future wedding.

Danya had already done 2 of my friends' weddings, her photos are so lovely, and her price range is very reasonable! My husband was very impressed with how detail-oriented Danya is in sending a helpful questionnaire to fill out before the event. She is very communicative throughout the entire process, and introduced us to her new associate in-training, Chrystal. We chose Chrystal because she had experience working at Hakone Gardens (our venue), which was important to us. Both Danya and Chrystal are easy to talk to and work with! I also want to say that Danya was very accommodating in my request, because it was a 3-hour event, we were thinking of different ways to utilize the entire 6 hours that came with the package!

A few days before our event, I was getting over Covid and was very stressed about what that would mean for my vendors. Luckily, Danya and Chrsystal were prepared for such cases: wearing masks and using a longer lens to keep distance, and it was helpful we had an outdoor venue. Chrystal was very clear with directing and posing us from a distance. Her enthusiasm and friendly demeanor was a joy to have around! I was very clear on what/who I wanted in photos, and we were so happy with the results!

Not only did Chrystal provide us with beautiful memories to look back on, she did so in 3 weeks!! All our friends and family have complimented the photos and commented on how beautiful I looked, despite me having to do my own makeup (watched a YouTube video) since my HMUA had canceled! Highly recommend Danya and her team, especially Chrystal! Thank you for giving us the gift of remembering our late wedding!
    Joon C. Married on 10/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing photographer and amazing person!

First and most importantly, Danya is an absolute gem. My wife and I reached out to her to be our wedding photographer at our San Francisco City Hall wedding and it was a peculiar request as my wife and I are both active duty Army and living in different countries. Danya was extremely flexible and we talked for a few weeks with constant communication even with a time difference from Italy to California.

I reached out to Danya a month out from our wedding date and she was extremely helpful with providing us different options for photography coverages, such as marriage license signing coverage, locations, etc. She provided a sample portfolio of a gallery of a smaller group she had photographed in the past and a shot list of highly recommended locations in the city hall.

She reached out to us one week in advanced to coordinate meeting point and answered our questions about logistics of getting around SF. She was extremely helpful giving us suggestions to stay in nearby hotels and gave a time frame of how much time it would take to get around.

The day of the wedding, Dayna met up with us before the ceremony. She is extremely friendly and we shared some great conversations about her experiences as a photographer and our goals in life. It was the most personal and intimate experience with a photographer we've had to this point.

I personally enjoy photography and brought along my own Instax camera that my wife and I use to document our travels and experiences and Danya took the time to take some photos with it so we could have immediate photos to keep.

What was absolutely mind boggling was that Danya sent us a "Sneak Peak album that same day! We couldn't believe we got to see our pictures on the same day and one week later, she sent us the full album that was fully edited.

All in all, Danya was an amazing photographer who captured all of the intimate moments my wife and I shared. She is an amazing person who will make the day memorable and will share laughs with you over so many topics. We highly recommend her as a photographer and wish Danya the best of luck in her future endeavors.
    Vivian L. Married on 10/01/2018

SF City Hall wedding

Danya did great capturing our special day. We got married at SF Coty Hall and Danya knew the location well. She guided us through our session making adjustments as she got to know our personality. She made two people whom don’t paeticularly like taking photos feel comfortable , look natural and beautiful. She was even able to give us teaser photos less than a few hours after our wedding before we left on our flight that very night!! Danya is amazing. We will definitely be using her services for any photo needs again!
  • Amaris
    Amaris Married on 08/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Danya arrived at our location before my fiancé + I did, and scoped out all the prime photo spots. Before we began our session, I really appreciated her asking our level of comfort: how close we wanted to stand, any kissing, etc. She knew exactly what she was doing, with the variety of pose suggestions, and she was so much fun to work with! Normally, I feel very awkward being the subject of a photo, but it was comforting to be around Danya. She made us laugh so much, which is not surprising with her friendly personality!
    Allison Married on 05/26/2018

Fantastic!

My now husband and I hired Danya for our wedding photos last May. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. Danya has a fun, easygoing and friendly personality, which made both our engagement and wedding photo sessions comfortable for both us and our guests. She knew exactly how to pose us and was efficient with her time. Danya captured some amazing candid photos from our wedding as well. We're so happy that we hired her and highly recommend her!
  • Alex
    Alex L. Married on 05/25/2018

San Francisco City Hall Wedding

We are so glad we found Danya! She was amazing to work with and all of our wedding pictures came out gorgeous. WE got married at City Hall in SF and she knew where we needed to go for the best shots. She made it fun for us which resulted in pictures that were more natural and not staged looking. She was incredibly patient and fun to work with! I highly recommend her!
  • Jerry
    Jerry Married on 05/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Friendly, amazing, talented wedding photographer!!!

My wife and I are SO so so thankful to have found Danya as our engagement and wedding photographer. She did our engagement photoshoot and our wedding, and was very involved in the entire wedding planning process. She is super friendly, easy-going, flexible, and most of all, AMAZINGLY TALENTED!! She is quick with her photos and has a natural eye for good shots. She also directs people very well and is always ready to take perfect impromptu photos as well. Very gifted photographer! And her prices are also very reasonable - she really could charge more than she does! It was so natural working with Danya and we will definitely work with her again.
    Connie Married on 11/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We're so glad we found Danya. We came across her work while browsing through a friend’s engagement photos on Facebook, and I went straight to Google to find her contact information.

There are so many good things to say about Danya and her work. After I reached out and checked her availability on the wedding date, she suggested that we meet in person to discuss what our expectations were for a photographer, and talk over any questions my fiance and I had.

From our first interaction, Danya became such a trusted advisor for us during the wedding planning process. I honestly had very little idea of what I wanted the wedding to be like, or what I should be planning next. I remember having a few venues I was interested in, and I asked Danya for her thoughts on each one, and she was able to give me feedback from a photographer's point of view. Photos are so precious to me, and I'm so glad she was able to provide factors I should consider when searching for a venue because it affects the outcome of your photos. The amount of thought and attention to detail from Danya was irreplaceable.

On top of that, she was super responsive every time I needed to reach her. She even sent periodic updates and check-ins to ask us if we had any questions, and in turn asked us questions to prepare herself for the shoots. I particularly appreciated how organized and timely Danya was because I had so many things going on during planning/wedding day, and it gave me extra peace of mind knowing that she was on top of everything.

Shooting with Danya was also great. I'm notoriously awkward in front of the camera, especially in posed photos, but Danya kept things really relaxed and had great ways of making me feel natural. The photos turned out so beautiful and candid!

We were so lucky to have found Danya for our engagement session and wedding photos and highly, highly recommend her! I know if I need any photo sessions in the future, Danya will be the first photographer I call.
illustration stars