Danny Dong Photography Reviews

Danny Dong Photography 5
Danny Dong Photography 6
Danny Dong Photography 7

YEFEI · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing photographer and choice for weddings!

Danny is a true professional whose work really speaks for itself. We came across his portfolio while searching for a wedding photographer and can confidently say that we made the right choice. He and his team are incredible at capturing the perfect moments that we can remember for the rest of our lifetime. He knows how to engage with people to get the best smiles and poses for photos and his editing ability produces truly marvellous pictures.

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Danny Dong Photography 8
    Danny Dong Photography 9

Rita · Married on 10/28/2018

Best photographer ever!

We choose Danny Dong as our wedding photographer based on reviews, photographers style and friends recommendations. We could not have been happier with how the whole experience turned out! From our initial email to Danny, he’s been the most responsive at answering all of our questions and getting back to us promptly. He was able to meet with us a couple of times before the wedding: first meeting, going over contract and details to finalizing the timeline of the big day. He gave us many recommendations specifically about the wedding venue that was so helpful in capturing the essence of our day. We were amazed at how the pictures turned out!!!!! From how it was shot, and how great the colors and lighting turned out! He was able to capture the most intimate moments not only between my husband and I, but also with close family and friends :) He’s truly one of the best photographers and you won’t regret booking him for your big day!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Carey · Married on 09/22/2018

Danny was the photographer for our wedding. We knew he was amazing from his work during and after my friends' wedding last summer. My friend's husband is an amateur (but serious) photographer, so we knew Danny Dong must be spectacular to have passed his extensive research on wedding photographers. During our various venue visits, one name also kept showing up consistently all over the Bay Area, and that was - you guessed it - Danny Dong.

Danny was very responsive prior to the wedding. On the day of, he arrived early and was just absolutely incredible throughout the long 9-hour session that we were fortunate enough to have him for. He was wonderful with my parents, my bridal party, and of course, us. He found the best lighting, the best angles, and the best spots at the venues for beautiful pictures. The time he spent putting into taking just shots of the wedding shoes and the rings really reinforced what we already knew about his professionalism and creativity.

My husband and I aren't exactly the kind that know much (or anything) about posing for photos, but Danny was patient, funny, and positive throughout the whole time. My friend's husband said it made his day during the reception because he got to sit Danny Dong, because he is just such a big deal (but oh so very nice, humble, and an absolute pleasure to work with).

Highly recommended. Thank you, Danny!

Sent on 09/27/2018

H Tran · Married on 05/11/2018

Amazing wedding photographer!

A+ Photographer. Our wedding was about 10 months ago - and now that the dust has settled - the only memories of our special day are our pictures and videos. Danny was a pleasure to work with, on-time, professional and flexible with great attitude. He mastered outdoor venue, family portraits and indoor barn (little to no indoor lights) beautifully. Every time I look at my pictures, I feel like I’m reliving our day from start to finish. Thank you so much, Danny, for capturing our special day, every moment and expression is priceless, and if I were to plan our wedding again (or any wedding), I would prioritize hiring Danny and his team in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Catherine · Married on 02/16/2018

I had my wedding on Chinese New Year. That being said Danny was even available on to work on that day!! Wow talk about professionalism. He was so nice and patient with all my wedding parties!!

I just saw my wedding photos and I cannot believe how nice those photos came out. I love how he is able to catch some perfect moments in our life. Like our ring exchange and first dance. Our photo shoots was very fun and relaxing.

Thank you Danny for all of your hardwork and patience. If your are looking for a professional and amazing photographer, Danny is your man!!!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Nikki · Married on 01/20/2018

I can't even put into words how breath taking and speechless my husband and I were when we saw our pictures. It's one of those moments where you just pause... and makes you go back and relive your wedding day again. That's exactly what we wanted our photos to be - and Danny and Julia captured that beautifully.

Even when comparing photographers, we were always drawn back to their work and ultimately decided to reach out. Danny and Julia were one of the first wedding decisions we made because we just KNEW they were meant to shoot our wedding.

We booked an engagement session as well as our wedding and both times they were professional and just overall fun to work with. (It was freezing cold on BOTH days but you couldn't even tell from our photos.) They really do make you feel like rockstars and all that awkwardness or shyness just goes away.

Your wedding photos should 100% be an INVESTMENT because that's what you'll have to look back on. We are so glad to have worked with photographers as talented and passionate as they are!!

Sent on 03/20/2018
    Danny Dong Photography 10
    Danny Dong Photography 11
    Danny Dong Photography 12
    Danny Dong Photography 13
    Danny Dong Photography 14

Matthew · Married on 08/12/2017

We worked with Danny and Julia on our wedding in Napa, CA and we had a great experience working with them. Prior to the big day Danny called us multiple times to discuss our vision, important shots that we wanted to make sure to capture, and how the flow of the day was going to go. We discussed capturing some candid photos in addition to Danny's signature artistic style.

On the day of the wedding Danny and Julia captured every moment including plenty of candids. More impressive was their ability to work around all the amateur photographers scrambling to get shots on their phones. Throughout the wedding Danny and Julia kept us on track for prep, ceremony, sunset, and reception photos. When the photos finally came out we were impressed by how good we looked in the photos as not just the signature edited ones, but even the basic color corrected photos looked like they came out of a magazine. We can't recommend Danny and Julia highly enough and they easily captured every moment of our special day with style.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Catlin · Married on 07/01/2017

Would give 10 stars if I could! Danny and Julia were encouraging, professional, and calm. We felt completely at ease with them and the photos were even more beautiful than we could have hoped for. We will cherish these photos for decades to come. Thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Kat · Married on 06/23/2017

Danny and Julia covered our Chinese tea ceremony and wedding in June, and we absolutely love our photos! We chose Danny and Julia because their portfolio was consistently great through both indoor and outdoor venues, and the whole range of lighting conditions, from bright daylight to nighttime. Danny and Julia are extremely professional, and they were really helpful and always willing to answer questions. We were quite unsure of our wedding timeline going in as we had a schedule that included door games, another Chinese tradition, in addition to the American wedding traditions. Danny sat with us and helped us create a timeline to make sure we had enough time for photos at all of our events. Our venue was also a tricky one, not allowing us into our ceremony space until an hour and a half before our ceremony was scheduled to start. Danny and Julia worked really well even under that time pressure, moving us and our wedding party efficiently from location to location and getting wonderful shots of us and all our decor. They hadn’t worked at our venue before, so they also came with us and spent a half hour scouting the venue the day before. My husband and I are not used to taking posed photographs, but we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Danny and Julia were great at posing us and our wedding party, and their encouraging guidance put us completely at ease. Plus, they speak Chinese, which helped put my family at ease during the family portraits!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Jackie · Married on 06/04/2017

Danny & Julia are amazingly talented professional photographers and we are extremely glad to have them to cover our wedding. Both Danny & Julia are fun, full of energy, cheerful and easy to work with. His photography style is elegant and classy. Every single photo they delivered amazed us and we truly love their work.

Their photos captured all the precious & unforgettable moments of our special day with perfect composition, lighting & angle. Their fantastic photo-editing added the perfect touch to their work. We highly recommend Danny & Julia. If anyone is not convinced, just simply check out their blog/website, and their work will speak for itself.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Justine · Married on 05/19/2017

Danny and Julia were awesome and we were so lucky to have them as part of our wedding! They were accommodating, courteous, fun, and extremely talented. They also made sure that we got all the shots that I wanted. They worked well with our videographers, taking turns so both of them got the shots that they wanted. After working with Danny and Julia, I now fully understand why they're so renowned for their work. Their direction and vision were amazing. They were the first vendor we booked after our engagement and we are so happy that we made this decision. My husband and I can't wait to see the results! I'll be sure to update this review once we get the photos but I have absolutely no doubt that they will be breathtaking.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Jeffrey · Married on 04/01/2017

We first met Danny to discuss the photo packages. Right off the bat we found Danny to be VERY knowledgeable and personable. We looked over his work and found them to be absolutely AMAZING. By the time my wife and I got to the car in the parking lot, we decided that there was nothing to think about and to book Danny right away. We did just that by immediately returning to let Danny know that we would love to work with him.
    Our first engagement with Danny and Julia was for engagement shoot. Danny suggest a winery in Napa would we could not have chosen a more beautiful setting. We did not know what to expect since my wife and I are camera shy. However literally after the first 4 clicks on the camera my wife and I felt naturally comfortable. We loved all the photos that taken that day. We felt like models and did not want it to end. Danny and Julia in a very short time able to capture the right angles, lighting, holistic scenery, and our best natural moments.
    The big day can and will be very stressful. There are a thousand things to think about at the same time from guests, family, and vendor preparation. Having worked with Danny and Julia for our engagement session, we felt very comfortable right away and just picked up where we last left off. We were impressed with Danny and Julia’s ability know when to take the shots, how comfortable they made our family feel during fam pics, and how they practically made themselves invisible the whole day. I informed Danny prior about surprise fireworks for my wife, a surprise to everyone. There were only seconds to capture this moment and Danny perfectly captured the moment of my wife with all our guests. It is the one moment in

Sent on 02/14/2018

Yunlong · Married on 02/18/2017

Best wedding photographers you can find in Bay area!

We are very lucky to have Danny and Julia to cover our wedding day in 2017. They are the best of the best! They are incredibly kind and nice to work with. They are so talented that every touchable moment in our wedding day was captured by them. They worked very hard after the wedding day and their post processing is simply amazing. Every family and friend is impressed how much emotion can be expressed by their shots. They also designed and helped us printed the album of our wedding photos which is stunning quality.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Danny and Julia did an amazing job in our post-wedding photo session. I was very impressed by Danny and Julia's warm personality and sheer intelligence. They are kind, professional, and extremely talented. They gave us helpful shooting suggestions, and guided us to feel comfortable in front of the camera. They also helped with some logistics on the shooting day, which relieved so much pressure off me. They do care about their customers, by listening to your needs and providing dedicated service. I was absolutely thrilled when receiving our photos. The vivid way they captured the emotions, combined with a very unique perspective they used to document the richest personality, tells a great story. Plus, Danny is a MASTER in lighting. His proficiency and creativity of using different light source make his photos dynamic like a film and full of content to read through. Again, it is one of my best decisions so far to hire Danny and Julia. And I will look no further in the future when doing anniversary photos and etc.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Danny and Julia are amazing! Everyone at our wedding commented on how great they are! Pictures are so important and you can't go wrong having them capture your special day!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Yumi · Married on 06/01/2014

I had Danny and Julia shoot my June 1st 2014 wedding in Berkeley, CA. Their works are simply breathtaking. I have been following Danny’s blog for several years – even before I met my husband. I enjoyed browsing his blog back and forth for fun. Seems to me what makes Danny stands out from other wedding photographers is his unique compositions, artistic angles, and striking finishes.

So when it finally came to my own wedding, Danny was absolutely my only option. It was a hot day in Berkeley and my ceremony venue was in a rose garden up in the mountain. Danny and Julia climbed up and down the hills and took all the shots that I requested. They made the guests laugh out loud when they took our group photos. They arrived earlier and left later than indicated in the contract. They were definitely professional and pleasant to work with.

Even though I was so familiar with Danny and Julia’s works, I was nervous waiting for my photos after the wedding. It was like an elementary school girl waiting for her test scores. Because I was the bride, you know. Needless to say, their works are beyond AMAZING. I was emotional when I finally saw the copies. Even my most picky and proud girlfriend had to admit that my wedding photos are more beautiful than hers -- she once said her wedding photos were insurmountable… LOL!

As I mentioned, our ceremony venue was in a rose garden. Danny and Julia captured the lush, colorful “secret garden” moments for us. Our reception venue was in a historical, gothic style building. They then created the classic and timeless pieces for us. Danny and Julia must have different vision than most others – that’s how I explain to myself why they can interpret the people and the surroundings in such a harmonious manner.

Now my wedding is done, but I still go to their blog to enjoy their latest works. I am so proud of you, Danny and Julia. You are the best!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Mingfei · Married on 05/22/2014

Danny and Julia are hands-down the top notch wedding photographers who are talented, passionate, fun, and take good care of their customers. My wife and I can't be happier with our experience with them. They always make sure that you are in good hands, and the quality of their work is simply amazing. Hire them for your big day, you can't go wrong with it.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Danny and Julia are great. We enjoyed our many photography sessions taken by them. His pricing is very reasonable because you can choose any price option you think is best. Danny also spent time to understand our personalities and help us get ready for our photos. When I was walking on the beach, Julia picked up my high heels for me and helped make my hair nicer too. I can tell they care about every customer. Danny and Julia brought us around different locations to choose the best place for us to use. If you have questions, you can email or call them on the phone regularly. We were really glad we chose Danny and Julia. If you want to have beautiful photos, you should call Danny and Julia!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Sally · Married on 10/06/2013

Danny and Julia are awesome!!

I had a big headache when I was looking for photographers for our wedding. After reviewing many photographer's portfolio, I didn't like any of them. Until one day my friend told me about Danny. The first time I saw the pictures on his blog, I totally fell in love with them!

We had great experience with Danny and Julia since our first meeting and I'm really glad that we chose them for our wedding. Our pictures came out very nice, romantic and beautiful. Danny and Julia are very professional, on the busy wedding day, they did their best catching every moment of our wedding. They communicated with us in advance and on the wedding day, about the order of the shooting, the style that we like, etc. And helped us made out crazy idea of jumping into the pool really fun, and captured all the happy moments!

Wedding is really just a money burning party, but at the end of the day, the only thing that's left are mostly pictures. I highly recommend Danny and Julia if you are looking for photographers who can leave you unforgettable memories on your special day!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Claire · Married on 09/27/2013

We booked engagement/pre-wedding and wedding day photos with Danny and Julia. I can honestly say I couldn't be happier with my decision to hire them to document one of the most important days of my life. I don't need to tell people their work is amazing, because anybody that sees their portfolio would instantly understand why they are hired all over the country and even the world.

Besides the quality of the product, it was very important for us to work with people we trust and feel comfortable around. Danny was super funny and kept us laughing and relaxed throughout the shoot. Our entire wedding party was in love with his personality. Sweet Julia was crying with us when my mom and I were having an emotional moment. They truly share the joy of the couple and it reflects in their actions, and more importantly, in their work.

I'm not sure why one of the reviewers said that their work is outdated. I follow their Facebook page, and I constantly see them going to photography events, conferences and competitions to learn and improve. (By the way, they not only win awards, they are also invited to judge!) They also regularly upgrade their equipment to stay up-to-date and provide the best quality products possible.

In terms of customer service, Danny and Julia are two of the nicest people I have worked with. Our pre-wedding portrait shoot took place all over San Francisco and went far beyond the 5 hours according to contract. But Danny and Julia didn't rush us or complain once but kept working to get the absolute best lighting and shots they could.

I would go back to Danny and Julia in a heart beat for any other occasion requiring photography . And I have already recommended them to everyone I have talked to about my wedding photos.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Danny and Julia are really great! We had our pre-wedding portrait with the nice couple. They are very professional and very welcoming.

Danny showed us a lot of amazing photos for references so that we can pick our favorite places. We also got a lot of helpful advice on dressing and other stuff. On the actual shooting day, they arrived much early then scheduled to get prepared. Our session was in Napa and SF, so we were always on tight schedule that day. Danny and Julia were so patient and thoughtful, they carefully scheduled the time and made it possible for us to catch the sunset in SF.

After the shooting session, we got our photos pretty fast and they are stunningly beautiful! Our parents cannot keep their eyes off them for couple of days!

My wife and I really enjoyed the days we spent with Danny and Julia. They are awesome!

Sent on 07/19/2014

When I was planning our wedding, the two most important things for me were (1) a wonderful photographer and (2) a venue where wonderful photographs could be taken. I meticulously browsed through pictures of many, many photographers before I accidentally stumbled onto Danny and Julia’s website. Just a few clicks later, I knew I had to have Danny and Julia at our wedding!

What initially attracted me about the photography was the beautiful editing and use of color. The photographs I looked at all had a way of capturing something very special that I didn’t feel in the other thousands of photographs I had looked at. Each photograph was like a work of art rather than a nice picture of someone else’s wedding. Then, when my husband and I met Danny and Julia, they were just so professional and nice that we booked them on the spot.

Danny and Julia shot an e-session for my husband and I as well as our wedding. Even though my husband and I have polar opposite interests, for both our wedding and e-session, Danny and Julia managed to create glamour while still preserving our personalities. Julia, especially, helped me with my styling at both photo sessions while Danny kept both my husband and I entertained.

I would highly recommend Danny and Julia for any bride to be (or groom to be)! Thanks Danny and Julia!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Heather · Married on 08/25/2012

Danny and Julia are the best photographers and I'm so glad we used their services for our wedding! I met Danny and Julia at a bridal expo. During that time I was still shopping around and interviewing other photographers to compare. When we met with Danny and Julia at their home to go over his work and price quotes, they were very professional and Danny blew us away with all his work and samples of work that he showed us. We knew right away that we wanted them to be our photographer. When we took our engagement photos they really directed us on how to pose, etc for camera and our engagement photos came out so beautiful...we received many compliments. For our wedding it was just as pleasant because they were able to capture every moment. My husband and I were very pleased with their professionalism and their work. We also received many compliments from our wedding photos. Many of friends made comments to us that they wished they used Danny & Julia for their weddings. I would highly recommend Danny & Julia to be your wedding photographer...you won't regret it...TRUST ME!!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Emily · Married on 09/10/2011

Before I go into the reasons why I gave Danny and Julia 5 stars, let me go into some background:

I found Danny through a wedding fair I went to. It was my first wedding fair and there were about 7-10 other photographer booths there. You could tell the quality of work from each photographer and Danny's was unmistakeably on another level.

I took his card but was hesitant on the price. I interviewed about 5 other photographers (some cheaper, some around the same price, and some more expensive). In the end, it was obvious that he was the one and only choice.

Danny and Julia receive 5 stars because of the following:

1. Extremely talented photographers
    We knew photography was going to be expensive, but we didn't want to pay and arm and a leg if the work didn't match the price. We met Danny and Julia before booking with them and again, looking through the portfolio, we knew that he would make our wedding photos memorable. Wedding photos are very important since they are something you will always be able to hold onto and show future generations.

2. Professional and personable
    Danny and Julia are not only professional, talented photographers, but they are just simply nice people. It was always a pleasure meeting up with them and going through the pictures, prices, ideas, and so on. They genuinely wanted to do quality work for you and it came through when you talked with them.

We had our engagement photos in Santa Barbara (about 4 hours from us) and Danny and Julia met us there. They did a great job capturing the beauty of the ocean, downtown, and the campus. It was the first time my husband and I took professional photos, but because Danny and Julia were so real and friendly, it felt less like photographers taking our pictures, and more like friends. Because of this, we were more relaxed during our session, and our photos came out more natural.

3. Took part in the ideas process
    Danny and Julia had some great ideas for props we could use in our engagement and wedding photos. The idea of props had never occurred to me, so I was pleasantly surprised when they brought it up. It was definitely something they didn't have to do (since I would never have been the wiser), but they knew it would add to the photos and didn't mind take a couple of hours to go through some ideas with us and follow up with some useful links.

4. 100% reliable
    Reliability and ease of mind is something you will regard highly when you wedding starts coming down to the final weeks. There were a couple of vendors I hired that I was continuously worried about (up to and during the wedding if you could believe it). Danny and Julia were not one of them. Danny and Julia were among the top vendors that I hired. They met their dates with quality work. I was impressed and highly satisfied.

NOTE: I guarantee you will hire vendors that will not get things right, will make mistakes with the contract, forget to send you something you asked them to send, and so on and so forth. When you find a vendor that is profession, responsive, detail oriented and talented (like Danny and Julia), hire them on the spot. They are hard to find!

SUMMARY: Danny and Julia were a joy to work with. My engagement and wedding photos came out wonderfully and are still being raved about from our family and friends. They may be more expensive then you budgeted for but they are worth every penny. Photography is something you want to get right (there are no second chances). Hiring Danny and Julia was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Diana · Married on 05/15/2011

We loved our wedding pictures! Danny and Julia are amazing!

I've been a big fan of their work for a long time. It was really a pleasure for us to have them travel all the way from San Jose to LA. They are super patient, professional and easy to work with. And the results came out very impressive. We are so touched to see the moment and details they caught.

Danny and Julia are the kind of person you want to be friends with outside of the studio.

We highly recommend Danny's studio.

Sent on 06/15/2011