Daniel Vaughn Designs Reviews

Daniel Vaughn Designs 7
  • Daniele

Daniele Ruffner · Married on 07/27/2019

Simply amazing!

I got married July 27, 2019 in State College and chose Daniel Vaughn Designs as my florist. Dan, his wife Cindy, and his team are seriously the best!!! I had so much fun working with Dan, from the day of the first consultation to the day of the wedding. He is a wonderful person and is truly talented! He knew exactly what I envisioned and my florals were BEAUTIFUL. He exceeded my expectations, which I never doubted he wouldn’t. I would highly recommend Daniel Vaughn Designs and I thank them so incredibly much for their work.

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 8
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 9
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 10
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 11
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 12
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 13

Daniel Vaughn Designs's reply:

Danile, You and Zack were a wonderful couple with a vision of your beautiful day! It was so easy to work with you and I too enjoyed every minute! Everyone at Daniel Vaughn Designs wants to wish you both a wonderful life and thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your special day!
  • Kerry

Kerry McGinley · Married on 05/18/2019

The Best in State College!!

Daniel was an absolute a pleasure to work with. He made the vision I had in my mind an absolute stunning reality. Coral charm peonies, beautiful centerpieces with floating votives, and so much more! So many people at our wedding came up to my family and I and commented on how beautiful the flowers where.

If you are getting married near State College, you cannot go with another florist. Daniel is the absolute best!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 14

Paige · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent!

Dan and his team were awesome. They took care of everything and were so easy to work with. I met with Dan once in person to tell him my vision, and he made it happen without needing much more from me. They are very creative and made my vision even better than what I thought it would be! Well worth the money!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Paige,
    You and your Mother were a delight to work with as well! We enjoyed being part of your special day. Thank you for the opportunity! All the best to you and Thomas!
    Daniel and Everyone at Daniel Vaughn Designs
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/11/2018

Daniel is a botanical artist!

Daniel worked closely with my husband and I (and let's be honest, my mom), to bring our vision of a cosmic wedding to a reality. We wanted a celestial-themed wedding, but our reception venue was very formal and elegant, so we had to have the perfect fusion of classy flowers, yet whimsical. Daniel brought our vision to life in the most fantastic way. I also did not want my bouquets to match the venue, but to mimic the natural setting where we were married. I got SO many compliments on our unique bouquets and Kyle and his guys really enjoyed the magnetic boutonnieres Daniel designed. Also, Daniel worked well to accommodate my budget. He was very receptive to all of our questions and thoughts. I was so impressed by his versatility. He is able to execute anything you need, from traditional to boho, and he is so much fun to work with!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 15
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 16
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 17
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 18
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 19
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 20

Good morning Melissa,
    Thank you for the wonderful review! You and Kyle (and Mom, too!) were great to work with! You had a vision and it was fun to help make that come to life thru your decor! Best wishes to you and Kyle!
  • Gail

Gail · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful flowers, easy to work with

Dan produced some lovely flowers for our wedding ceremony. We gave him rough guidelines for what we wanted, and he gave us a couple price points to chose from. He came up with a unique solution to get my MIL’s favorite flowers for a pinned corsage. He is also one of the few (if only!) places in town that will do thistles on boutonnieres. We ended up picking up the flowers the night before and putting them up ourselves at our ceremony site (an hour away from the shot) the day of. The flowers survived the trip and the night just fine. He was very responsive to emails and he and his wife were very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 21
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 22
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 23
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 24

Joy · Married on 03/05/2018

AMAZING - Everything I imagined

I am still in awe at how beautiful our flowers were. I wanted a very specific combination with bright colors and no roses. I sent some images for examples and Dan made them exactly how I thought. They were the talk of the wedding and some guests even took a few home. So gorgeous - absolutely worth it!

Sent on 08/14/2019
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 25

Joy,
    Thank you so much! I loved the challenge of getting the ranunculus you like in August, but I was able to find them from the market in Chile! I am so happy you loved everything! It was a gorgeous day and the venue magnificent! All the best to you and Craig!

Alma · Married on 10/28/2017

Daniel Vaughn Designs created stunning flowers for our daughter's wedding! Dan was so responsive to the our wishes and also offered terrific suggestions resulting in gorgeous bouquets and supplemental flowers. His design complimented the wedding style and the pictures were amazing! Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were! Thank you, Dan!

Sent on 11/25/2017
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 26
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 27

Laura · Married on 10/28/2017

Our flowers were stunning, modern, and just the feel I was going for! From the initial consultation, I could tell Daniel was a perfect fit! He factors in the style of your gown to determine a good size bouquet, how your flowers will photograph, what flowers will actually be full and gorgeous when placing an order, etc. I originally was leaning toward a deep burgundy bouquet, but I am glad we discussed doing a deep velvety red palette instead, with accents of black and burgundy. They still read deep and moody but also had a lot of impact on camera.

Daniel Vaughn Designs 28

Emily · Married on 09/23/2017

I’m SO glad we chose Daniel Vaughn for our wedding flowers!! When I went in for my initial meeting with him, I left feeling confident that he totally understood my vision and knew that I could relax knowing the flowers would be taken care of! When they were delivered, I was not disappointed! They looked exactly like I’d pictured!! His bouquet design BEAUTIFULLY tied everything together in such an elegant way!! We could not have been happier. There are other florist who provide cutesy bouquests, and then there’s Daniel, who creates art. Daniel Vaughn is the only way to go if artistry, elegance and professionalism are important to you. I highly recommend!! :)

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

Dan was such a pleasure to work with and the flowers were beyond amazing! People stopped me in the halls to tell me how gorgeous my bouquet was and everyone wanted the center pieces once the reception was over! The flowers honestly made the day even more special than it already was!

Sent on 11/18/2017
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 29
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 30
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 31

Maribeth · Married on 08/26/2017

Daniel and his team were amazing to work with! Highly recommend Daniel Vaughn Designs for your wedding day! :)

Daniel Vaughn Designs 32
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 33

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

Choosing Daniel Vaughn was hands down the best decicision I made when choosing all of my wedding vendors. After meeting with Daniel, he knew exactly my vision. I knew that he would take care of everything the day of the event and it would be one less thing on my mind. However, Daniel completely exceeded every expectation. The flowers were picked to perfection, every arrangement was placed perfectly and every detail was thoughtfully complete. From adding ribbons to my decor to filling in empty spaces. Daniel was such a pleasure to work with and it meant a lot to me that he valued my ideas and taste. I certainly value his. Our guests are still raving about the flowers! Thank you, Daniel Vaughn Designs!

Daniel Vaughn Designs 34
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 41
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 42
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 43

jasmine · Married on 07/09/2017

WOW Daniel is absolutely pure AMAZING at what he does! Dan decorated my husband and I July wedding and cake :) he did such a remarkable job along with his team. He is very professional and friendly! He will always be honest with you and tell what works best with your event. Dan is so lovely and very funny too :) he will always send positive vibes and make your event look so beautiful. He puts all his heart into his work and you can tell once you see his finish work. Dan is the guy you would want to book for decorating your event. He will always stay in contact with you and will make sure your event comes out exactly how you imagine it or better. Thank you so much Dan for making our wedding day the best day of our lives with your touches! :)

Kerri · Married on 07/01/2017

Daniel was extremely flexible when we had to add items at the last minute. He knew the vision of my wedding just by seeing a photo of my gown. The flowers were absolutely perfect and exceeded by expectations! I highly recommended Daniel Vaughn designs.

Meghan · Married on 06/24/2017

Daniel Vaughn Designs did an amazing job creating the floral arrangements for our wedding. We were not able to meet in person, so Daniel was able to create exactly what we were looking for by a handful of pictures that we sent to him. He was extremely flexible when we added additional arrangements later on, and he also respected the budget we set out. Daniel was very pleasant to work with and we are so glad we chose him to provide the floral arrangements for our wedding!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Dana · Married on 06/10/2017

Daniel and his team are just the best. He really listened to what we wanted and turned a pavilion into more than we than we could have imagined. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Sent on 11/30/2017
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 44
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 45
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 46
    Daniel Vaughn Designs 47

María · Married on 05/27/2017

I had no idea about what to do with the flowers for the wedding except for having decided on a couple of colors. After speaking with Dan about my personality and showing him my dress, he suggested an idea and I trusted him. I'm glad I did because ecerything was gorgeous.

Sent on 11/24/2017

Diane · Married on 05/20/2017

Our family cannot say enough about the wonderful experience we had with Daniel Vaughn Designs!! We would wholeheartedly recommend Dan, Cindy, Mike, April and the rest of the creative staff there for a wedding that is custom designed just the way you want!!
    The brides family was from an island in the South Pacific and they wanted some of the ambiance to reflect that culture. Daniel accomplished that and more!! He did an amazing job with suggesting certain flowers to showcase the bride's wishes!
    He used gold washed manzanita branches designed in gold revere bowls with gorgeous orchids suspended from the branches surrounded by white hydrangeas and gold votives on the guest tables at the reception! The brides personal flowers were just perfect....white phalaenopsis orchids for her and her 8 bridesmaids each carried a stunning monochromatic bouquet of one variety of flowers that matched the wedding colors....with the honor attendant having a mixture of all those flowers and the groomsmen had matching boutonnières to each of their respective bridesmaid!!! Such a creative idea that was perfect!
    Daniel provided many opportunities for our input, suggestions and even revisions! We didn't discuss a budget limit with him (our fault) and when we received his proposal it was higher than we had anticipated.... NO WORRIES.....he did some refiguring and 'voila'....it was just right where we needed it to be....and no less beautiful!
    We felt Dan understood what we wanted and he achieved that and more just PERFECTLY!!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Christine · Married on 05/20/2017

Daniel worked with me on a short timeline to get exactly what I wanted within my budget for my wedding. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Paula · Married on 11/05/2016

Book him early! He is flower perfection!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Mimi · Married on 09/27/2016

Daniel Vaughn Designs is simply the best wedding florist between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
    Dan is a great guy, down to earth, friendly, personable, and he listens. He listens for what you want and offers suggestions and he does not impose. He has respect for a budget. Dan and his helpers did a fab job here in State College PA for my daughter’s wedding which entailed not only the reception space but our church. It is a rare thing to say you love your florist but Dan became our friend. If I had another daughter and was planning another wedding Dan would be my first phone call. We had a great time planning with Dan and I trusted him completely. Use this florist-he’s absolutely the best!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2016

Daniel was amazing! We had a brief meeting to discuss what kinds of flowers I liked and from there he was able to work his magic. Daniel created a beautiful bridal bouquet, as well as bouquets and boutineers for the wedding party, using pinks, whites, and a hint of silver greenery. He also provided two absolutely stunning flower arrangements to place on the front of our wedding canopy. He knew our venue and decorated the reception with beautiful arrangements of roses and hydrangeas, as well as votive candles. And the pièce de résistance was the cake topper. A few weeks before the wedding I sent Daniel a picture of a cake decorated with fresh flowers. Daniel recreated this for our two-tier wedding cake. It was truly beautiful! I highly recommend Daniel and his floral arrangements; they are works of art.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/27/2016

Dan and his team are AMAZING. The flowers and greenery for my wedding were more beautiful than anything I could have imagined. We had a consultation where he listened to everything I liked and didn't like, and he offered up some incredibly helpful suggestions without being pushy about it. Though I did not have a wedding color or know exactly what I wanted things to look like, I did know that the flowers for my indoor daytime wedding needed to be wonderful and transport people away from a hotel ballroom. The results were truly incredible. He made the church look like a parish church in the Cotswolds and the reception ballroom like a magical English garden. Another bride, when recommending Dan to me, said that even if you can't imagine what everything will look like, you can trust Dan completely to do a phenomenal job, and she was right. Though I had a general vision, I hoped Dan would take artistic license (and you should let him!) and highly, highly recommend him to anyone. The flowers and greenery were of beautiful quality, expertly arranged, delivered on time, and treated with great care. The art and beauty of them helped set the tone of my whole wedding and it was absolutely stunning.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Phil · Married on 06/25/2016

Fellow Grooms make sure you make the meeting with Dan. Dan is awesome; you, your bride and both families will be even more excited about your big day after meeting with him. We just had our wedding on June 25th 2016 at the Penn State Arboretum and Nittany Lion Inn. The flower arrangements Daniel Vaughn Designs put together were incredible. From the centerpieces, boutonnieres, bouquets, and the special touches Dan added for the parents and grandparents. He picks up on every little detail to make all the girls feel special. Dan himself even called us the next day to see how everything went. The colors, everything was perfect. My now wife and I were in awe of how beautiful everything was. His vision and creativity are second to none. It was no stress working with him, and staying within our budget. I would recommend Daniel Vaughn Designs to everyone! I can't wait until we get our photos back to be able to share. If you want a beautiful, creative, and stress free wedding make sure you go to Daniel Vaughn Designs.

Sent on 06/28/2016