Daniel Pullen Photography Reviews

53 | Buxton, NC

53 Reviews for Daniel Pullen Photography

Chelsea · Getting married on 06/26/2021

We just got a first look at our pictures from our wedding and they're amazing! I can't wait to see the rest! Daniel and Kate are two of the sweetest people I've ever met and they made our day so much better. If you need a photographer for your wedding then you can't go wrong with Daniel!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Ashley Meilahn · Getting married on 04/08/2021

A Wonderful Experience!

We had an amazing experience with Pullen Photography and could not be happier with how our pictures turned out. Both Kate and Daniel were wonderful to work with, and we loved everything about our experience and our pictures! We would absolutely recommend using them to anyone looking for professional and beautiful pictures.

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Brigitte

Brigitte Gauthier · Getting married on 01/07/2021

Kate and Daniel , best choice I could have made !

Kate is so nice , friendly and she puts you at ease right away ! Daniel even came to help out and they both were able to capture all the special moments so well ! They are flexible and Great photographers but on top of that very nice people !!!!! Thanks for the great memories that will last a lifetime ! Best choice we could have made !

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Christian

Christian Barlow · Married on 02/06/2020

Engagement / Wedding Photos

Daniel and Kate are the absolute best. Their photos of the OBX have been gracing our walls for years so when they agreed to shoot our wedding, we were over the moon. Not only did they meet all of our (already high) expectations, they far exceeded them. Their attention to detail is unsurpassed and they were so easy to work with. When the photos arrived, we were floored by how well they turned out. Daniel and Kate come with our absolute highest recommendation. If you choose their services, you can rest assured that you will have a collection of memories that is second to none. A+++++++++++!
    -Heather and Christian Barlow

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Chris

Chris Mcdonald · Married on 01/10/2020

Incredible

Daniel was unbelievable, we really enjoyed our engagement pictures, and on our wedding day he was so professional, patient, and calm throughout. We got some incredible shots because of him. We will recommend him to any and everyone for a photography experience that is second to none.

Heather · Married on 06/14/2019

Engagement/wedding pictures

We could not be happier with our decision to go with the Pullens for our wedding photography. They captured the day perfectly and were so easy and fun to work with. You can rest assured that you will not be disappointed with your photos if you go with them. Highly highly recommended!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Kate Gest · Married on 06/04/2019

Most Perfect Choice

Daniel and Kate are incredible people first and foremost. From our engagement photos to our wedding day, they both made us feel comfortable and relaxed. I cannot tell you how incredible our wedding photos are. Daniel and Kate captured candid moments that I had no idea about until we saw them- such a special treat. My husband have been married for 9 months now, and we love going back to those photos and reflecting on such a special day all captured by Daniel and Kate. I cannot recommend them enough. You'll remember your wedding day forever, but having photos like the ones they capture, are just priceless.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Molly

Molly Sheets · Married on 06/01/2019

Daniel and Kate are TOP NOTCH!

Daniel and Kate help make you feel very relaxed on your wedding day. They have a very unique eye for settings, spacing, and lighting, all while capturing very effortless and natural photos.

Sent on 02/16/2020

Adena Chudy Plescow · Married on 05/23/2019

Absolutely Gorgeous Photos!!

Kate and Daniel are amazing to work with!! We were already familiar with Daniel's work, and were super excited to be able to book him for our wedding, which also happened to be his birthday! Our pictures came out awesome (as I knew they would!), we could not be happier! He took so many amazing, gorgeous, creative shots, and perfectly documented our day!! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

Maternity, Engagement, and wedding by

Let’s just say we love our Outer Banks and when it came to our wedding and finding a photographer it was easy, my husband actually found Pullen Weddings off of Instagram. We instantly fell in love with all of their photos just from how the literally catch every little second of your day even when it’s off guard moments but that’s what makes the best pictures. We reached out to Daniel and Kate because we were vacationing down in obx and wanted them to do our engagement pictures and we were expecting too so we did maternity pictures as well. I can’t say anything bad about them they went above and beyond for us from the first time we met them, to me having my son and Kate emailing us to say congratulations and all the way up to our wedding day. It was as if we were family, Daniel and Kate treat you like they have known you for years and that’s something we loved especially coming from a big family it was as if we became a family. On our wedding day we had both Daniel and Kate and just having them being there in our best day ever made it so special. They are amazing with kids too, all the shots of the kids that day are just so good. All our family and friends still talk about our photographers and how much fun they were. We are so beyond happy that we picked them, all of our pictures are AMAZING I look at them everyday I can’t stop looking at them. We can’t wait to go back to obx to have them do family pictures! If you are getting married in obx they are a MUST HAVE for your special day. We love our Pullen family!!!

The Leadleys

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Taylor · Married on 04/05/2019

Wedding and engagement pictures

Daniel and Kate are an amazing team that continued to exceed our expectations throughout our whole process of finding, contracting and day of photography. I knew from the get go that their talent and level of professionalism was outstanding. I knew our day was in the best hands we could have asked for!

Sent on 05/08/2019

chelsea · Married on 04/10/2018

Amazing photographers!

Daniel and his wife Kate along with their assistant Erin did an amazing job on our wedding photos and got ALL of them back to me within 3.5 weeks which is literally unheard of. Can not recommend them enough!!

Shari · Married on 09/22/2017

Kate and Dan are incredible! They are willing to get down and dirty to get the perfect shot. They are fun and laid back which helps everyone feel comfortable. They truly care about your story so that they can represent it through pictures. They are beautiful people!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Mike · Married on 09/01/2017

Couldn't be happier

We met Daniel at one of the Outer Banks Wedding Expos a few years ago. As soon as we saw his work we knew this was the photographer we would use if we got married in the Outer Banks. Fast forward a few years and we decide to get married at Kitty Hawk Pier and immediately looked into Daniel's services. Daniel and Kate were a pleasure to work with right from the beginning. They were very easy to communicate with either by phone or through email. Prior to the wedding, we met with Daniel and talked through some 'must-haves' and he took notes on everything. He gave us some good ideas on how to make the 'first look' a special moment and was very receptive to our requests. On the day of the event he got shots of both the bride and groom getting ready, coordinated the first look, and got great shots throughout the event. Both Daniel and Kate brought this sense of calm to an otherwise hectic day. Everyone that has seen pictures from that day are blown away by the quality of the shots. We have a number of large prints framed throughout the house and the quality is amazing even at large sizes. I think we ended up with nearly 800 shots from our wedding. We were so happy we recently booked Daniel again for maternity shots at the same location. I highly recommend Daniel and Kate and will be booking them again and again for photos as our family grows.

Tara · Married on 06/26/2017

I don't know if I could say enough about Daniel and Kate Pullen. They were the ONLY vendor for our wedding that we knew we were going to book. We didn't know where, when or what we wanted to do but we knew we wanted the Pullens to be our photographers. Even after all of that, they STILL managed to exceed our expectations. Not only are they an absolute BLAST to work with, but their product and professionalism is unparalleled. We were able to do a fantastic engagement shoot and our wedding photos turned out incredible and we were beyond surprised when we received our prints and the incredible package they sent us. We had a phenomenal wedding with amazing vendors all around but this was money that was so well spent we would do it over again without a moments hesitation.

We love you Daniel and Kate!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Abbey · Married on 10/29/2016

Daniel & Kate are absolutely amazing! They went above and beyond to work with us on engagement photos/family photos and on the day of the wedding really understood our likes and dislikes! We took photos before the ceremony and then had another private session during sunset. We are so excited to see the final product!! I would 100% recommend them for any wedding event! Wonderful pair to work with! ??

Sent on 11/03/2016

Larissa · Married on 08/14/2016

Daniel and Kate were awesome! They were so easy going and helpful! I haven't seen our pictures since we just got married yesterday but I have no doubt that they will be amazing! I would hire them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Catherine · Married on 07/24/2016

Daniel and Kate were so easy to work with! They shot our engagement photos on the coldest and windiest day in April, and then our wedding & reception photos on the hottest day of the summer in July. Our pictures are incredible - I cant stop looking at them! And they somehow managed to capture a photo of my whole family (almost 30 people) with everyone looking the right way and smiling! We also asked them matte one of our engagement photos for our guests to sign at the wedding reception, it turned out great! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jen · Married on 06/21/2016

I am so in love with the pictures from our June wedding. While I am late posting a review, Kate was very quick in getting our photos to us. I was very surprised by how fast we received them. And while that's all good and well and the pictures are amazing, can I just be completely honest and tell you how fantastic Kate is to work with? I was completely freaked out about my wedding (we didn't even have a location the day of) when Kate called and was so great. She was so relaxed and put me at ease immediately. When we got off the phone, I knew everything was going to be fine and that our wedding would be what I pictured.
    Long story short: the wedding was perfect and Kate captured it beautifully. I am so thankful for her. On top of being the most talented photographers in the OBX, the customer service is phenomenal.
    Thank you so much, Kate. We are forever grateful for you.

Sent on 08/30/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/19/2016

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Daniel on my wedding day. As soon as I met him I knew that I had made the right decision. He was very accommodating when I made a last minute decision to move my ceremony up one hour. When we received our sneak peeks we were so happy with the turn out and can't wait till we see them all. I also want to add that the communication I had with Kate leading up to the wedding was fantastic as well. She always responded in a timely manner and was eager to answer all of my questions (which was a lot). They worked within my budget that I was aiming for with no problem at all and now I will have memories to last a lifetime of my small little wedding on the sound in Rodanthe. I highly encourage you to contact Daniel Pullen Photography for your wedding! I know I will be using him each time I visit the OBX.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Bristol · Married on 05/14/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Kate and Brooke from Daniel Pullen Photography! They were so wonderful to work with and they captured some incredible moments from our wedding. We met Kate prior to the wedding and knew immediately that she was going to be great to work with. On the wedding day her and Brooke were both such a pleasure to be around and they were so calm even with everything going on that it helped us relax. They also sent us a lot of the pictures within a week of the wedding which was amazing.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/14/2016

Daniel and Kate were simply AMAZING. i am so, so, so glad we picked them as our wedding photographers. I literally can't say enough nice things about them. They are so relaxed, nice, helpful and easy to get along with. And if that wasn't enough, their pictures are simply incredible. We have received so many compliments on the artistic and gorgeous nature of our wedding photographs, and people have been shocked at what Daniel was able to capture.

We met them through an OBX wedding event and they were the first vendor we booked. Our package came with an engagement photo shoot which we used to get to know them and get comfortable in front of the camera. Both Daniel and Kate immediately helped us relax and feel at ease. By the end of the photo shoot we were having so much fun we didn't want it to end. And of course the pictures were incredible. We used the engagement pictures to create a photobook for our parents as wedding gifts, which they loved.

In the months leading up to the wedding Kate was fantastic. She recommended several vendors when we had no idea who to pick and really helped us work through some of our timeline questions. Their wedding photography guide definitely aided in our decision making process, and we are so glad we went with their recommendations, like doing a first look. They also recommended doing a second round of pictures right before sunset which at the time seemed like a hassle to try to fit into our timeline but in the end was SO WORTH IT.

When it came to the wedding itself, we had Daniel and one of his assistants. He was professional, on time, and was the perfect mix of involved and behind the scenes. When we took our sunset pictures he brought an extra change of clothes so he could lay down in the surf just so he could get the right shot. I have never seen someone so committed to getting the perfect picture as Daniel was that day but it was completely worth it. We love our pictures!

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 04/30/2016

The moment I met these two and saw their work I knew I wanted them as the photographers at our wedding. Their work is flawless, but they're also amazing people. Kate not only helped Daniel with pictures, but she also helped me work through some demanding curve balls with other vendors. When our rehearsal dinner caterer couldn't provide servers because of a scheduling problem, Kate helped find me servers through the local high school christian group. She even showed up to help guide them through serving the rehearsal dinner and help clean up. In addition, she (and Daniel) showed up bright and early the next morning and stayed with us the whole day providing the most amazing pictures. I couldn't believe the level of creativity and the pictures are AMAZING! I highly recommend this dynamic duo!

Sent on 06/25/2016

maureen · Married on 07/13/2015

There is absolutely nothing negative about Daniel Pullen Photography. Working with him was so easy and fun, and his pictures speak for themselves. He had an awesome sense of humor and was able to get the kind of pictures I wanted. I would use him again in a second for any kind of photography session in the Outer Banks. HIs wife Kate, was always quick to respond to any questions, and I ended up getting just what I wanted by using them.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Tess · Married on 05/23/2015

Daniel Pullen and his coworker Kate photographed our wedding this past May. They took beautiful pictures and sent us a sneak peak of 100 pictures with in a week of our wedding. Daniel and Kate were very professional, helped us pose for inventive shots, and were a pleasure to work with. I definitely recommend Pullen Photography.

Sent on 08/06/2015