Daniel Moyer Photography Reviews

80 | Glenside, PA

80 Reviews for Daniel Moyer Photography

Catherine · Married on 03/28/2015

Dan and his team totally ‘nailed it!’ (a favorite term of his) for our wedding. His enthusiasm and creativity was present from the first meeting, and carried all the way through our long and chilly wedding day. From coming up with new and interesting ideas on the spot, to wrangling our large, loud and loving family/bridal party, Dan was nothing but a pure professional. He loves what he does, and it comes through in all the wedding day interactions as well as in his amazing photos. We have received a few teasers through Instagram, and are eagerly awaiting the rest of the pictures. Truly awesome photographer, and a great guy too.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Jackie · Married on 03/20/2015

Dan loves love and life. He's such a positive person and exactly who you want following you around all day. He has a passion for getting that perfect shot that you will proudly hang on your wall forever. Dan listens to what you are looking for and gets those photos and much more. He is in contact from the day you book until you have those photos in your hands with an easy to use website where you can order what you want immediately he posts them. (And am awesome dancer) Thanks Dan for perfectly recording all of our moments.

Sent on 07/01/2015

We could gush on and on for hours about how awesome Dan Moyer of Daniel Moyer Photography is. We met Dan more than a year out from our wedding date and his high energy and incredible enthusiasm made us want to get married the next day. Dan is amazing - super reliable, easy to contact and quick to respond, well organized, highly experienced (he knows weddings!), FULL OF ENERGY, friendly, polite and every other positive attribute you can give someone. His photography work is breathtaking. Don't believe us? Pay a visit to his website...you'll be blown away at the beautiful one-of-a-kind photos Dan will deliver to you on your wedding day. He just sees things, situations, poses, etc. different than most photographers - you are getting something unique - not canned. His turnaround time is impressive as well. We have only been married since the end of October and we already have our beautiful photos hanging up on the walls. Not too many people can say that about their wedding photographer's turnaround time. One last thing to note about Dan. He came much earlier and stayed much later at our wedding than he was required to. He also joined right in with everyone and captured the best shots at the least expected times. Guests at our wedding were having a good time with him and their relaxed attitude with the photographer really shines through in the photos. Dan is a truly talented individual who loves what he does and there is no denying that it shows in his work!

Sent on 04/01/2015

We first met Dan when he photographed a friend's wedding that we were a part of. From that day on, we knew we wanted Dan to photograph our wedding because of the amazing photos he creates and captures but also because he is so much fun to be around and becomes your friend, not just a vendor. When my husband and I got engaged a year and a half later, we called Dan to make sure he was available before booking a venue.

Dan was always available and happy to provide insight or advice during the planning process, not just limited to photography. He continued to keep in touch during this time as well, often checking in to simply say how excited he was for our wedding and especially as we got closer to the wedding date, to solidify the schedule and make sure he knew all of the important details to make the day run smoothly.

Months before the wedding we spent an afternoon with Dan for our engagement session. He brought great energy and spent about 4 hours shooting, then we all went out to dinner. It was such a great day, and we absolutely loved the photos. It really increased the anticipation for our wedding day and photos!

On our wedding day, we had a second photographer through Dan, who was equally awesome and fun to be around. Dan has perfected the art of working incredibly hard to create and capture the best photographs, making everyone feel comfortable while being photographed and having a blast while doing it. He was present exactly when we needed him to be and invisible during the more intimate moments. We were actually surprised at some of the photographs he captured of our favorite memories because we don't remember him being anywhere near us. He truly went above and beyond to ensure we got the best photographs, posed and not.

My husband and I will be forever grateful for the photographs he gave us and the ability to remember and relive our amazing wedding day through them.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Lindsay · Married on 08/23/2014

I don't think I can say enough good things about Dan. My now husband and I contacted Dan after being given his info from a friend, and immediately after our first meeting with him, we hired him to photograph our wedding. He was the first and only photographer that we met with! Aside from his pictures being stunning, Dan is also incredibly personable, fun, and has the ability to ease a lot of stress that comes with wedding planning. We also had Dan photograph our engagement pictures and he was so accommodating! It rained twice on our scheduled sessions, and he rescheduled us both times until we finally had a sunny day! Dan was also very proactive and kept in contact with us during the months leading up to our wedding (even though his own wedding was only a couple of months before ours). On our actual wedding day, it rained again - but Dan and his intern Morgan didn't let that stress me out and kept reminding me that none of that mattered. He spent the entire day with us as my bridesmaids and I got ready, and he made us laugh through our nerves. Dan knows exactly how to be around when you need him, and then be sort of invisible during the more private moments (our first look). Our wedding was just this past weekend so we haven't seen all of the pictures yet, but we had to write this review given how amazing he is! He really was the best and we can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Jackie · Married on 05/31/2014

Asking Daniel Moyer to be our photographer was the single best decision we made for our wedding. Not only are Dan's photos absolutely GORGEOUS, but he has a unique ability for capturing every emotion the couple and their family are feeling in them. My husband and I both do not photograph well, but Dan made it so easy and made us look awesome in every picture : ). The stress of a wedding can be very overwhelming, but everything that involved Dan were the fun parts throughout the year. Our engagement session felt more like a fun date night (which Dan traveled along to three different places for them no questions asked). I can't imagine having a photographer with me all day that made me pose awkwardly and did not know how to relate to my family and have fun like Dan did so easily. With Dan, you rarely pose and he gets the most natural shots of you both in the moment. My bridesmaids and I had a blast taking pictures with him. He made me feel SOO much more at ease and even took care of little things for my parents to help out. Dan's love for romance and family are very evident when you are working with him. Although Dan's main priority is the couple's happiness, he goes above and beyond for your bridal party and guests to feel important. I felt like he was just as much a planner for me as a photographer. So many of our guests complimented him and said how great he was and then after seeing our pictures raved about how beautiful they were and how to contact him. My wedding was less than a month before Dan's own wedding, and he still made sure to keep in touch and have our photos given to me a week before his wedding which is amazing considering how much time he puts into perfecting over 1000 photos of the day. It was unbelievable how every one of them was a great photo. I am so thankful to have had Dan with us on our day and to call him a dear friend and lifelong family photographer : ) We can't wait to work with him again and I know we will soon! <3 Jackie & Chris

Sent on 07/07/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/16/2014

Working with Daniel Moyer Photography was an absolutely wonderful experience! Dan is so friendly and helpful - and extremely talented! He was involved and supportive through every step of our planning, always open to questions and requests. His personality is so fun, kind, and high energy - exactly the type of presence you want on your wedding day. I can't thank him enough for the "it's raining on your wedding day - but so what! - it's going to be awesome anyway!" pep talk I received the morning of the big day. He became such an important part of what made our wedding day so special.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Linda & Kinara · Married on 05/10/2014

We don't believe that there will ever be enough time or the best words to describe how much we loved working with Dan so what will be said here will hopefully live up to the amazing work that Dan does :) Dan Moyer is by far one of the best decisions that we made while wedding planning. Although we stumbled upon him by accident, once you go with Dan, there is no going back... everyone else just seems to pale in comparison. His enthusiasm, personality, and motivation to get to know you through dinners and conversations were one of the best guiding lights we had to get through our wedding planning and have our big day unfold. The day of the wedding, Dan was prompt, all around excited, and so much fun to have there. He got to know our families and shared in the excitement that resonated throughout the whole day and was there for guidance when we couldn't get our pictures because of the weather, but graciously offered for another photo shoot on a better day. Upon seeing the pictures, they are of the most wonderful pictures we have ever seen-- from the first sneak peek to the highlights slideshow to the entire gallery and stirred up all of the emotions we had that day as our story unfolded. We are entirely grateful that he was a part of our big day and able to capture so many of the moments that we couldn't see ourselves and those that were memorable to us.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Cara · Married on 04/12/2014

If you are looking for someone who really puts a story to your day, then Daniel Moyer Photography is it! From the moment my husband and I met Dan, we knew that we were in good hands. Dan was extremely professional and was helpful throughout the whole planning process. He gave wonderful suggestions and was open to any thoughts we had. He has a wonderful vision and the ability to make a regular picture stand out to be an amazing picture!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Mary Kate · Married on 11/02/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Dan Moyer! We used him for both our engagement and wedding photos and we are SO happy with the finished product! Beyond the masterfully creative photographs, Dan is just an all-around energetic and fun-loving guy! He put my nerves completely at ease on our wedding day and captured the event in such a unique way. My guests absolutely LOVED him too. He was incredibly helpful and fun throughout the planning process. By the time our wedding day was over, after getting to know him in the months leading up to the event, my husband and I considered him a good friend. I would recommend Dan for anyone's photography needs! He has an eye for capturing the candid moments that are just so beautiful and perpetually belong in a magazine. I hope that I get the opportunity to work with him again!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Chrissy · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer! I grew up with Dan, going to school together and watching him flourish in college. I thought it would be easier having a personal touch to knowing the photographer than choosing a random vendor. In the end, having knowing Dan previously or not he was so enjoyable to work with. Once he was behind the camera he made it feel like it was just you and no one else around. Words can not describe how excellent his professionalism is when working an event! He goes through step by step on how the day will go and as I look back through my many wedding photos I am in awe by the way he captured the day so vividly! You would never know he was even there half the time, he just gets in his zone and everything turns out amazing.
    For a no worry event think to hire Daniel Moyer. I trusted him with everything, giving him no instructions... my only request was to capture what he thought was meant to be caught and he went above and beyond.

Sent on 01/25/2014

Meghan · Married on 10/05/2013

I cannot express how much I loved working with Danny - from our first meeting to now ordering our pictures/photo album he has been amazing. He has an infectious personality and makes his subjects feel at ease, which shines through in the superb pictures. Plus, who doesn't love a photographer who loves weddings, is knowledgable and available to answer any question and literally dances onto the dance floor or lays on the ground in a suit to capture the moment. He has an eye for great pictures, you will have many, which is making it hard for us to narrow down which pictures will make our album!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Megan · Married on 08/24/2013

Going with Dan Moyer as your photographer will definitely guarantee that all of the love that is bound to overflow on your wedding day is captured in the most amazing photographs that you couldn't even dream up as you plan. From the moment my husband and I got engaged, I knew I had to have Dan Moyer as my photographer. Dan photographed our friend's wedding a few years ago, and after spending the day with him on their big day, I was instantly comfortable and impressed with him as a photographer. Since we already knew Dan, it was great to see him when we first met...but I know that if we didn't know him, we would have felt the same way - happy to see him, comfortable, and just like an old friend. He builds a fantastic relationship with the people he works with and it is easy to see that he is just truly a great person. Dan is easy to talk to about all of the important things you need to talk about, but he's also easy to talk to about the not so important stuff, too. He really is more than just a photographer, because he can give you advice or assurance on almost anything you can throw at him. Dan's customer service is fantastic, and he goes the extra mile to make you feel comfortable and cared for, and he is sure to put some personal touches on everything. It's easy to see he loves what he does. Guests were raving for DAYS about my photographer and some friends were saying "I wish I could get married again, so I could book him!" THATS how much he made an impact on our day. But what makes Dan Moyer stand out as a wedding photographer can not be described in words. It's in the look that Dan gets when he snaps a photograph he knows you will love when you finally see the finished product. His eyes light up and he gives himself this giddy, imaginary high five in his head and you KNOW that everything you ever wish you could save about that moment is captured in his picture. Any bride-to-be would be lucky to snag Dan as her photographer and I'm so glad he was mine.

Sent on 10/28/2013

I have been trying to write this review for a few days now and have struggled to do so because I've been unable to find words glowing enough to truly express how wonderful of a photographer Dan is. It is nearly impossible NOT to smile when working with him - his genuine, all-encompassing and passionate love for his chosen career is infectious. Moreover, in addition to truly loving what he does Dan is incredibly skilled. The photos he takes capture beauty and emotion in a way we truly did not know was possible. As time goes on some of the only tangible pieces of a wedding that remain are the photos. Dan's photos; however, are so moving that they really do appear to be little pieces of the day, and looking at them evokes such joy its surprising. If we could go back in time and re-plan our wedding, the first thing we would do would be to hire Dan all over again. Dan helped make our wedding even better and more enjoyable than we imagined it would be (and we came in with very high hopes!)

Sent on 01/18/2014

Allison · Married on 07/13/2013

Before I begin this review, I would like to start by saying that Dan is not only the most talented photographer I know, but he is also a very dear friend. When I told him about our destination wedding in Heidelberg, Germany he was instantly on board. His enthusiasm for both work and friendship are unmatched. He was by our side for the entire journey, preserving all of the moments that make a wedding so special. For me, the most important pictures are the ones that capture the small, intimate moments that take place between friends and family. Those are the pictures that set Dan apart from the rest. With his charismatic and joyful personality, he incorporated himself into our small group with ease. Throughout the entire planning process, he maintained a level of professionalism that made our experience care-free and enjoyable. The quality of both his services and his products for sale on his website are top of the line, and I can honestly recommend him with 100% confidence. I am honored to call this man a friend.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Laura · Married on 06/29/2013

If I could rate higher than 5 stars in each of these categories I would. Dan made us feel like we were his most important client from the moment we met him (which was about 16 months before our wedding date!). He made us feel so comfortable that our pictures for our Save the Dates and our wedding were basically effortless. His personality, talent, quality of photography and professional was bar-none the best I have ever encountered in any business that I have ever dealt with. We have gotten so many complements from our wedding guests about how great our photographer was...and that was before our guests had ever seen any of our actual wedding photos. We have the most beautiful memories of the happiest day of our lives and every time we look at a picture I feel like I'm back in that moment, all thanks to Daniel Moyer.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2013

Daniel Moyer is absolutely amazing!!! Hiring a great photographer was top on our list, so I did a lot of research online first. I saw Dan’s website, and really liked his work, so my husband and I had him over for dinner to see what he was all about…and then we were hooked! His personality is like none other…he truly loves his job and it shows!!! We immediately started planning the engagement shoots, and he listened to all of our ideas, and just ran with it. The Save-the-Dates he designed for us were beautiful! The months leading up to the Big Day, he was calling and emailing us just to check-in, and to make sure all the details were finalized.
    He took 1000+ pictures on our wedding day, and all of them were stunning. He perfectly captured the emotion and joy from everyone throughout the day. My husband and I were genuinely sad to say goodbye to Dan at the end of our reception, because we wouldn’t get to hang out with him again! Our wedding would not have been the same without him!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/01/2013

When my fiance and I were putting together a list of ideas for vendors, we knew from the start that our photographer would be the most important vendor we chose for our wedding day. When everything is said and done, after the last song is played and the last piece of cake is eaten, the one keepsake you will have to look at 10 years down the road are those photographs. I can honestly say without a doubt that Dan is the person you want to trust with handling this keepsake. Not only is he an amazing photographer but he is an all around amazing person. From the first time we met Dan, we knew immediately that he would be our photographer. He is fun, uplifting, and his photography speaks for itself. Take a look at his page and you will immediately by captivated by his adventurous style and his unique photos. When looking at his albums, you feel his passion for photography and when you spend 5 minutes with him you feel it even more. He truly loves what he does and he's damn good at it as well. I have never seen photos more mesmerizing. He is constantly available for support, advice, or just to chat if you're feeling stressed. He's very flexible and has your best interest at heart. For our package, we upgraded and added a second photographer, Russ Hickman, who was also incredible. He was up for any photo and made every picture fun and allowed us to feel at ease. We had such a blast working with both of them, they made the day that much more fun and memorable. If you take anything away from my review take away this: Dan is an extremely talented photographer but he is also so much more. He will make your day the most memorable it could ever be and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Invest in him and you will not regret it, he is a rare find.

Sent on 06/10/2013

I cannot say enough about Dan! My husband and I got married this past May and are so incredibly happy with our decision to hire Daniel Moyer Photography. He consistently went out of his way to accommodate our busy schedules throughout the planning process. It was such a pleasure to work with him– even all of our family and friends loved him and could not stop talking about how impressed they were with our photographer and his team. The photos from our wedding day are absolutely stunning. We will cherish them for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 08/28/2013
  • Joanne

Joanne · Married on 05/11/2013

Choosing Daniel Moyer as our photographer was the single best decision that we made when it came to our wedding. We knew from our first meeting with him that he exactly what we were looking for in a photographer. His energy and passion for weddings along with his commitment to his clients goes above and beyond every expectation. We scheduled an engagement session with him and I was a little hesitant because I was worried that I would feel uncomfortable having our picture taken. Dan made it such a fun and wonderful experience for us that we didn't even notice that we were being photographed. He made us feel so comfortable and we laughed together the entire time and I think that’s part of what makes his photos so genuine. Dan is everything that you could ask for in a wedding photographer and we will cherish our wedding photos and the memories of our wedding day for the rest of our lives and we can never thank Dan enough for that.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Daniel was great to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. He was knowledgeable, easy-going, and helpful during all of our interactions. Dan did our engagement photos as well as our wedding and the pictures and overall experience for both was fantastic. The engagement shoot was a wonderful experience because we got a chance to get comfortable working with Dan prior to the hectic wedding day and we have a beautiful set of informal pictures that we were able to place around our home. Dan even went out of his way to travel to our engagement session which was not in the Philadelphia area. We really appreciated this and it is just one example of how he makes it a priority to ensure that his clients are happy.

Dan also did an amazing job on our wedding day (along with Russ, his second photographer, and Morgan, his lighting assistant). On the wedding day he was on time, helpful, energetic (as always), and captured amazing pictures of all the details and overall happiness of our guests and families. We love our wedding pictures and really appreciate that he was able to capture the emotions of the day in creative ways without being at all intrusive. He even joined us on the dance floor for a bit…and we have the pictures to show how much fun we all had.

After the wedding, Dan made sure that we received our pictures very quickly and streamlined the process of selecting photos for prints and our album. It was extremely difficult to choose our favorite pictures because we were so happy with all of them.

Overall, we highly recommend using Daniel as your wedding photographer. He went above and beyond to keep us happy, maintained his professionalism throughout the process, and ensured that we have beautiful pictures from our engagement session and wedding that we will treasure for many, many years.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Melanie · Married on 12/15/2012

Beautiful artistic style and energetic personality! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Kim · Married on 12/01/2012

Absolutely amazing photographer! Danny and his assistant were so much fun the day of the wedding and all the days leading up to it. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to make us relax and have fun with them. His artwork is incredible and very unique. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Vicki · Married on 10/26/2012

Photography was one of my top priorities for our wedding. I knew the day would go by in a blur and I wanted someone who would capture the memories of our day. Dan far exceeded not only my expectations but my highest hopes for our pictures.

From the moment we met Dan, we instantly felt at ease with him. He truly wants to know his couples so that he can capture them and their personalities in his pictures. We knew before we walked out of our first meeting that we wanted to hire him. I was in contact with Dan throughout the planning process and he was very responsive to all the questions I emailed him.

On the day of the wedding, once Dan and Lora (our second photographer) started shooting, neither of them stopped until 11pm. Their insane energy never flagged. Their enthusiasm was contagious and made me even more excited about the day (which I didn’t think possible). I don’t usually like having my picture taken and I was worried about having a camera shoved in my face all day. I think Dan snapped all of three pictures before he made me feel completely at ease. Many people commented throughout the day how committed Dan and Lora were to getting “the shot” - dropping to the ground, balancing on chairs, whatever it took. And yet, somehow they also melted into the background - they magically knew just where to be.

And the resulting photos are breathtaking. Sitting and watching the slideshow literally made me alternate between crying and laughing. I saw exactly what I hoped for: my memories of the day captured forever, the smiles and laughs of my family & friends gathered to celebrate with us, and so many moments that I missed during the actual day since I couldn’t be everywhere at once. If Dan is available on your wedding day, I highly recommend meeting with him. He’s amazingly talented and so much fun to work with.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

Dan is the absolute BEST! He's so much fun to work with, creative, easy going, and an absolute gem! My favorite vendor by far! He did our engagement photos as well as wedding photos and everyone in the wedding party loved him! People kept asking me if he was a friend of ours...that's how natural it felt to spend the wedding day with him. I highly recommend Dan Moyer for anyone's wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2012