Daniel Moyer Photography Reviews

80 | Glenside, PA

80 Reviews for Daniel Moyer Photography

Alana Tomarchio · Married on 09/07/2019

The BEST of the BEST!!!

Where do I even begin raving about Dan?! I found Dan when one of his photos was tagged on my venue's Instagram page. The lighting was so perfect even though the photo was in black and white. I emailed him that instant and even though he was on his family vacation, he got back to me right away. Dan takes so much care and time with his clients to get to know them, individually and as a couple to be able to capture how they feel about one another. After my first phone call with Dan, I knew he would have to be our photographer! Not only are his photos stunning, but he (as my husband and I always say) truly loves love! And his art of capturing those little moments that you want to remember forever is above even the highest standards. Working with Dan throughout our engagement (our Forever Session photos are beyond gorgeous - magazine worthy!) never ceased to disappoint when it came to response time, quality or affordability! If I could be Dan's marketing manager, I would, because I 1000000% believe in his work and his genuineness for love, photography and his clients! Thank you, Dan, for being the best "vendor" we could have chosen to capture the best day of our lives!!! We love you!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Mackenzie Pabst · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Decision we made!

Dan was not only our photographer, but he helped us organize our day and acted as a true friend to us throughout the process. We spoke with Dan on several occasions leading up to our wedding, as well as meeting to do our engagement photos. On our big day, it was great to have someone we knew by our side. Multiple guests commented that Dan seemed like he was truly excited for us and had a great energy throughout the whole day. Dan had us create lists of photos that were important to us, which helped structure our time taking pictures. He was respectful of our wishes to enjoy the cocktail party and reception - we were able to get all the photos we wanted on time. Last, but not least, our photos were absolutely beautiful and captured every moment of our day perfectly. I would recommend Dan to all of our friends & family! You won't regret hiring him!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Allie

Allie Bittner · Married on 06/14/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

So I got married last year (forgot to do the review), but I cannot recommend Dan more as a photographer. He was everything you would want in a photographer. He was so professional, but at the same time, very easy going. He knows his stuff, but still listens to you too. He treats everyone in your family, wedding party, and guests with kindness and respect. And he makes it an effort to actually talk to you and get to know you. Oh, and did I mention he is really a great photographer and your photographs will come out absolutely amazing- because they will! Even making your photo album book is so much fun. It is hard not to like him. We actually miss talking to him now that the wedding is over. He is easy to talk too, easy to communicate with, and it made the photography process one of the easiest things at our wedding. I cannot recommend him enough, and there is a reason he has 5 stars on every review- we're not brainwashed- he's just that awesome!

Sent on 05/26/2020

Brenda · Married on 12/30/2018

Dan's the MAN!

We haven't even received our photos back yet, but Dan's professionalism and vision during the day has us so excited. He spent the time getting to know us, what we wanted to be captured in our day and was extremely great at switching gears and catching moments.

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Z

Zayna · Married on 09/08/2018

The Best Photographer!

Dan is the best choice of a photographer for your wedding. A couple years prior to my husband and I getting engaged my husband showed me Dan’s work. I immediately fell in love with his work. I loved that he captured candid photos, and was able to capture the entire day.
    When it came to planning our wedding, Dan was my first and only choice for a photographer. I actually booked my wedding venue/date so that I could have Dan capture our day.
    Dan was our right hand man, during our planning. We would meet with him throughout our planning to talk through photos we wanted to capture and pretty much walked us through the whole day. He was also available for us to ask questions, as he has been to a lot of weddings and it was a good sound board when needed.
    When it came to our wedding day, we had some weather issues and during my stressful melt down there was Dan to make me smile and reset my mind in knowing I’m getting married today, and I’m starting my life with Dave and that all that matters. The photos Dan captured were awesome, and honestly bring me to tears to see how happy everyone was at the wedding and you could see the emotions of our closest family and friends.
    I would hands down recommend Dan all the time.

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Chuck

Chuck Emig · Married on 08/18/2018

Picking wedding vendors is hard! Danny makes it easy.

Talk to Danny Moyer for 5 minutes and you’ll be convinced he is the perfect person to photograph your wedding. When we got in touch with him, it was immediately obvious that he was as excited as we were, and that he knows exactly what he’s doing. Danny has photographed weddings in German castles and National Parks - he’s even shot a wedding in a hurricane! - and no matter how many questions we asked him (and there were hundreds) there wasn’t a single thing he didn’t have some insight about.
    Leading up to the wedding Danny took the time to really get to know us and talk about what we wanted. By the wedding day, we were not only friends, but Danny felt like part of our family, and we were able to just hang out and enjoy the pictures. Scroll through Danny’s gallery and you’ll see pictures of people looking relaxed and happy. I can honestly say we enjoyed our wedding day so much more because Danny helped us live in the moment and be ourselves.
    It’s impossible to sum up everything that Danny does because he seems to be everywhere at once, capturing big moments, like a first dance or a speech, and small ones, like a conversation with a close friend. He always has the big picture in mind, but combines that with a journalistic attention to detail. On top of that, he radiates genuine enthusiasm, joy, and professionalism. Danny even makes amazing prints and books of your wedding day! The man does it all, and he’s the best at all of it. Thank you, Danny, for sharing your amazing talent with us!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 07/14/2018

Photographer

I decided to reach out to Dan to be the photographer for my wedding after seeing the beautiful photos he took at my friends wedding. Dan really captures those small moments in brilliant ways and really captures the emotions of the day.
    Dan knows how to capture those emotions because he strives to really know the couples beforehand. He really wants to know you as a couple and what your expectations are of your day so that he can capture the best moments for you to look back on. Dan was a joy to work with and i would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Justine Simonetti · Married on 06/02/2018

Dan is amazing!

Dan took the most beautiful wedding photos and truly captures the uniqueness of our wedding venue, the Franklin Institute. He was always available whenever we had a question and went above and beyond to meet with us and talk through so many details of our wedding. We receive so many compliments on our photos, I actually miss talking to him!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Lauren · Married on 02/23/2018

Dan was hands down the best photographer we could have possibly hired for our wedding!

I honestly don't know where to start to properly review Dan. Fair warning that this review may make Dan sound too good to be true, but he really is THAT good. Neither my husband or I like taking photos. I'm not kidding you when I say we had maybe 3 photos together over FIVE years of dating .. none of which we liked.

Enter Dan.

We took our engagement photos/had our forever session with Dan the day before the wedding (seriously, we dreaded having our photo taken). After chatting and hanging out for awhile, we started taking photos, and it was FUN. Dan immediately made us feel comfortable and played off of our humor to put us at ease. We laughed the entire night with Dan! It's rare for us to quickly click with people and we clicked with Dan right away. Flash forward to the wedding day. Again, Dan was absolutely amazing! He was ready early and stayed late. He was, as usual, a BLAST to hang out with all day (you are with your photographer more than any of your family, friends or future spouse that day so this is IMPORTANT). You know your photographer is an amazing guy when your guests take photos with him for their Instagram with the caption "Best photographer EVER".

We've only seen two teaser photos so far, but we LOVE them both. The two people who have never liked a photo together (one of which has extreme self confidence problems) love our photos and are excited to see the others! I honestly think it would be impossible to choose someone better than Dan as our photographer! He clearly loves what he does and is truly AMAZING at what he does (with the camera and just at being an amazing, fun, charismatic, and passionate human being). We're already planning when we will hire him again (aka he is stuck with us for life)!

Seriously, go hire Dan! We promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Camille · Married on 12/22/2017

We first met Dan in October of 2011 at Greg’s brother’s wedding. There happened to be a freak snowstorm which caused it to be postponed until the following day. Dan stayed the whole time and basically had the entire weekend on his camera. He was so much fun and all of the pictures from that day were absolutely amazing.

When Greg and I first got engaged we had no clue where to begin with the wedding planning. The only thing we did know was that we needed Dan as our photographer. When we found a hall and called Dan to see if he was available, we were relieved that we didn’t need to change our wedding date.

We had an engagement photo session in October of 2016 and this was where we really got to know Dan. We were able to be ourselves around him and we both felt very comfortable with him. We had so much fun and the pictures came out so great!!!

On the day of the wedding this past December, he made everything so easy. At the hair salon when Dan first came in and starting talking to us, the hair stylist thought he was a family member. The rest of the day was perfect and we didn’t have to stress about pictures because we knew Dan had it covered.

Dan takes time to get to know the couples that he works with. He also gets to know their families. He isn’t some guy that just shows up on the day of your wedding and takes pictures. He is much more than a photographer to us! You know how people say “pictures don’t do it justice”? This statement isn’t true about Dan’s photos. When you look at Dan’s pictures you get such a rush of emotion just by looking at them. It actually feels as if you’re there and can tell how those photographed are feeling.

If you want an awesome wedding photographer who is fun, personable, and takes insane pictures, then Dan is your man! There are not enough stars to give this guy. I can’t stop looking at our wedding photos because they are so amazing!!! We love you Dan!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/25/2017

I'm not even quite sure where to begin - but all I can say is that Dan deserves every single word of praise that comes his way. He has such a gift, and was 100% born to be doing this job. I was really anxious about having to select a photographer for our wedding, and all of those feelings went to the wayside after I had one initial phone call with Dan. That's all it took, because Dan took the time to ask so many thoughtful questions and genuinely understand what the important moments were going to be on our wedding day. Anybody could guess what those "important" moments would be (reciting our vows, our first dance, etc.), but Dan took the time to truly know and appreciate the dynamics of our personal relationship, as well as those that we have with our families, and it made for some pictures that captured moments far more important than we could have ever imagined. Dan's photography was by far the best money that we spent on our wedding day - his work is truly invaluable, and I know that we'll cherish his pictures and thoughtfulness for years to come!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2017

I’ll try to keep this from sounding like a love letter, but Dan was absolutely, hands-down our favorite vendor! I’ve never met anyone so enthusiastic and thoughtful; it was such a treat to have him be part of our wedding day and engagement.

Dan made us feel at ease from the start. Our engagement shoot was unbelievably comfortable, and more like a great date that ended in making a wonderful new friend! Receiving our pictures was even more reassuring. Wedding planning is stressful and you doubt your choices, even (especially?) small ones like table numbers and envelope color. When those stresses inevitably piled up, I would go to our engagement photos to remind myself we had made at least one really great decision; we must be doing something right! That comfort was so valuable to have throughout the craziness of wedding planning.

We also got a go-to wedding expert in Dan. He was available to help whenever we needed and gave us his full attention. One time we called to ask a question and he happened to be driving; he literally pulled over so he could look at our timeline and work out a solution with us. He treated our problems like they were his problems and all his suggestions worked out incredibly well.

On the wedding day he greeted me with a huge hug and was just as excited as I was! Looking back we were amazed by the intimate moments he captured since he was never intrusive. Our photos show touching moments rather than stiff poses, and the photos reflect the joy and fun of the day. Dan did an excellent job capturing the emotions and relationships that meant so much to us. Weddings have a lot of pretty details, but it’s not pictures of centerpieces or escort cards that you’ll pass down to your grandkids someday. It’s the pictures of you crying as you say your vows, embracing in your first quiet moments together as husband and wife, and hugging your favorite people that will mean the most. We can’t recommend Dan enough.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Andrea · Married on 01/07/2017

There was never a doubt that we'd choose Dan as our wedding photographer! His energy, kindness, and true attention to all of the details that were important to us were evident from the first moment we started talking to him about our wedding. Every time we met, talked, or even emailed him, we were excited to see how he'd capture all of the memories of our big day. To say that he delivered in spades would be an understatement! He really was committed to giving us every photo we ever could have wanted, and kept it all fun and lighthearted for us and every member of our family and wedding party. Everyone loved Dan and Michael!! The photos are truly top-notch, and we love to relive the memories and all of the things that made our wedding day so special. We can't recommend Daniel Moyer Photography enough!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Darlene · Married on 08/05/2016

I knew that I was going to have the most beautiful wedding photos from Daniel during our initial conversation when Daniel told me that I should research lots of photographers before choosing one for our big day. This was the first genuine conversation I had with a vendor during the wedding planning process. He told me these pictures would always be meaningful to us and wanted us to make sure that his style was exactly what we envisioned for our big day. I took some time and researched other photographers, but came back to Daniel. After we booked him, he took me and my (now) husband out to dinner to talk about our relationship and what we envisioned for our big day. The day before the wedding, Daniel called us and gave us a pep talk and tips on how to savor the fleeting moments of our big day. The morning of our wedding, seeing Daniel was like seeing an old friend- I was at ease with him around and that made him capturing the genuine intimate moments of our day so natural. We had so much fun shooting our photos- he and lauren kept us laughing and focused on what mattered throughout the day. Our friends and family kept asking if our photographer was a long time friend because he was out on the dance floor twirling and shooting some of the most genuine moments with our guest from our wedding reception. The whole experience was extremely personal and I am forever grateful that we chose Daniel to shoot our big day. And the pictures speak for themselves. Check out his website and blog to see how beautiful his work is- my words cannot do his work justice.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Lara · Married on 06/03/2016

The thing that really separates Dan Moyer from many other photographers is his personality. He is light-hearted, engaging, and is quick to establish a fun, easy-going rapport. Dan’s high energy and sense of humor are infectious and really helped us, our wedding party, and all our guests feel comfortable in front of a camera.

For our engagement session, Dan was able to capture our personalities through candid photos and a lot of creative moments. He brought that same enthusiasm to our wedding, which everybody was quick to catch on. It was such an enjoyable experience working with him and truly one of the highlights of our big day. Dan was just as “in the moment” as we were and we are so grateful to have had him there. We can’t wait to see our wedding photos and relive the day all over again!

Dan has a ton of industry experience and his talents really speak for themselves. He even took the time to get to know us outside of the “wedding bubble” over dinner and even coffee a few days before our wedding. Not only did we feel like we worked with a great photographer, but we also believe we gained a new friend. We received a ton of compliments on him and his partner for the day, Zack, and look forward to working with him again for our cheesy (future) family photos. Thanks, Dan!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Megan · Married on 05/21/2016

Daniel Moyer is an exceptional wedding photographer! We have known Danny for many years and we graduated from the same high school. Ever since I laid my eyes on his work I knew that one day I would want him to capture my special day. My husband and I were finishing up our last semester of college and Danny made accommodations to meet half way to discuss our wedding with him! We spent the first meeting talk about our relationship, how Joe proposed, our families, and our mutual love for Jesus! The second time we met we discussed our wedding day and we were thankful for the wedding knowledge that Danny has! We thought we had all the fine details ironed out and it turned out we didn't. Danny helped us envision our wedding day from the beginning to end and it finally made sense to us. We had thousands of thoughts all jumbled in our minds and it was difficult for us to see how the whole day would plan out. Not only is Danny knowledgablable about his work but he sees the whole picture and he will guide you in creating the most beautiful day of your life. Finally, our wedding day arrived and what a beautiful day it was! Danny kept very busy getting pictures of everything he possibly could. During our family pictures our flower girl just was not having it. Danny did what he does best and he began to RUN AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN AND MAKE NOISES LIKE A CHICKEN, and yes you read the correctly! Our flower girl cracked a smile and we now have a picture perfect family photo! Let me tell you, when people tell you the day is going to fly by they are NOT kidding! We felt like the DJ played five songs and the wedding was over. It was such a beautiful time going through our photos and reliving our day all over again. Danny's photographs are like a movie of your wedding day. The best part of it all is they look absolutely breathtaking when you begin to decorate your home with them! We HIGHLY reccomend Daniel Moyer Photography as your lifetime photographer!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Joe · Married on 05/07/2016

Everyone told us a Photographer is the most important vendor. We decided to really take our time and meet with a handful of photographers to get this right. Even Daniel told me, "meet with a lot of us, we're going to spend more time with your wife on the day than you will." He lived up to the hype and ended up being more like a Wedding Coach than just a Photographer. On such a stressful day, he really found ways to calm us down and make sure that we were enjoying our day. He met with us on several occasions leading up to the wedding to get even the smallest details right. He even offered us a 2nd photographer at cost and brought a third on his own. He has such a creative mind matched with fun spirited attitude and that gave us exactly what we needed that day. He worked under a lot of pressure and for the entire day, arriving at 11am until midnight. I was told to really find the perfect photographer to capture those candid moments on my wedding day and we surely did. I looked on areas to save money during the process, but I realized that with Photographers- you get what you pay for. Daniel was one of the only vendors that didn't look at our wedding like a business opportunity. He was there to make our day special and as best as it could be. We viewed Daniel as an investment and were pleased from beginning to end. I would highly recommend Daniel Moyer for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

Danny is the type of photographer that your bridal party will approach by the end of the night and say, "you're going to do my wedding!" Danny is so professional and runs his business like a true businessman. His website is clean & organized and his response time to email inquiries was excellent. His artistic side was showcased from the engagement photos, rehearsal dinner photos, and the wedding. He LISTENED to what we wanted and executed on it - all the while keeping it FUN for us and anyone he was around. He also was a great sounding board for items outside of the photos and gave his best advice, judgement & guidance to which we were very thankful!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/26/2016

A week after we got engaged we met up with a few friends to celebrate. A friend of mine could not stop talking about this photographer, Daniel Moyer. She had attended a wedding where he was the photographer and could not stop raving about how amazing he was. She said he was out on the dance floor, as if a friend, and took the most beautiful pictures. I HAD to email him. So of course I looked him up, was impressed with his pictures online, and reached out.

After our first conversation....I HAD to hire him. His excitement about weddings and photography is contagious. His passion to become your friend through the process by taking the time to have conversations over the phone/skype/facetime/email, sending us a holiday card, and his desire to maintain contact throughout the process is admirable and I'm so thankful for him. His small touches of sending us our engagement pictures on a zip drive within a personalized carved wooden box and even sending us a card that said "you're getting married this year" after new years are just a few outside the box things Daniel Moyer does that make him stand out and unforgettable.

He made pictures easy and beautiful. He became a friend over the last year, proven by the dance off we had on my wedding day :) I can't wait to see what the future holds, but one thing I know for sure, is that Daniel Moyer has now set a precedent for photographers and I can only imagine him continuing to be ours :)

Sincerely your forever thankful bride and groom,

Lauren and Stewart (March 2016)

Sent on 04/28/2016

If you're getting married, hiring Dan Moyer to photograph your wedding is the first and best decision you should make. He was recommended to us by a colleague who couldn't stop raving about how wonderful Dan is and how he basically was the best part of their wedding experience. On that glowing recommendation, we met with Dan and within 5 minutes were completely sold. Despite this, he encouraged us to look around for other photographers to be sure. We were sure so we booked Dan and as I said, it was the best decision we made. Our philosophy was that photographs are one of the few tangible things that you walk away from a wedding with (besides a spouse, of course), so we really wanted to have someone we trusted behind the camera. Not only is Dan incredibly professional and takes gorgeous photos, but he is an all around awesome and fun guy who makes being in front of a camera so much easier. We did an engagement session which really helped us get to know Dan and then he and Russ (who is also amazing!!) photographed our wedding. We also used his photo booth which was a real highlight of the whole wedding day. Beyond that, he also is great at dealing with crazy family members and guests and can even sew buttons onto tuxedos (in the even they pop off 2 minutes before the ceremony). Overall, Dan is absolutely worth the investment and if we had to do the whole process over again, we wouldn't hesitate to work with Dan and would recommend him to anyone who asks.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Jeremy · Married on 02/19/2016

My wife & I knew Dan as a photography student back in college. He was the type of person that exudes fun & positivity and he's exactly the same today. Nowadays, anyone can just take a picture and great photographers are few and far between. A photographer needs to be able to capture moments and a huge part of that is knowing your environment and being able to anticipate... and Dan is the most flawless photographer we've ever met. So, when we got engaged we didn't even give another wedding photographer a thought.

Dan went above and beyond his duties to make our experience exceptional. We live a great distance from him, so he scheduled Skype chats and met up for breakfast a couple of days before the wedding to solidify our plan. He wanted to make sure he had as much information about who we were as a couple and what our expectations were, because delivering that is his number one priority. He not only asked questions related to his photography duties, he gave us useful advice and suggestions that helped us during our planning process. We were in contact with Dan frequently and whenever we had a question or concern he responded quickly.

We recently received our wedding photos and they exceeded our lofty expectations. He captured all the moments we requested and shot some incredible unexpected moments throughout the ceremony & reception. His timing and vision are impeccable. We cannot recommend Dan highly enough, you couldn't choose a better person to provide a stellar wedding experience.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Clare · Married on 10/03/2015

As much as it pains me to know that so many people will be booking Dan after all of these 5 star reviews, I have to give him another one… and hope that he squeezes me into his busy schedule again in the future! I want to start by saying I now can call Dan a friend of mine (and my husbands). He is an amazing person, incredibly nice and outgoing. He radiates positive energy and is so excited about every aspect of your wedding and time leading up to the big day. I believe I found Dan's page after an incredible amount of research on The Knot and wedding wire. I loved his blog and reviews and immediately called to set up a meeting to see if he lived up to the hype. He was very quick to respond to my request and next thing I knew he was sitting on my family room couch. He was funny, enthusiastic, but also extremely professional. I interviewed 2 other photographers (which I recommend doing) but knew Dan would be the one! From that moment on Dan was awesome. You can text him, call him, email him… he always responds. We did our engagement shoot with Dan as well and it was AMAZING. Check out his blog page and look at Clare & Sean's engagement session… you won't be disappointed. Dan was so creative with his shots but also takes traditional portraits. His photographs made me cry and are hanging around my house. Everyone has complimented on them. On our wedding day, Dan arrived early, and stayed late. He was bursting with energy and our bridal party loved him. I cannot say enough positive things about Dan.. his photographs are just so stunning and beautiful. He is an out of the box thinker, not your typical run of the mill wedding photographer. I was so happy to have him around on our wedding day. I should mention that at the end of the night he was dancing to whip nae nae and it was amazing!! Hire Dan!
    By the way, I purchased the package that included a 2nd photographer on the wedding day, and he was awesome as well. His name is Val and he was hysterical.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Alissa · Married on 09/26/2015

I fell in love with Dan's photos even before I was engaged just browsing facebook. So I was so excited when my husband and I were able to book him to photograph our wedding in September 2015. Dan has been a dream to work with. I had met with other photographers, but Dan's awesome personality and professionalism shined through. It was just a fun time at every meeting and I wanted to have that same feeling on my wedding day! Our engagement photo shoot was just a taste of what Dan had in store for our wedding. Having a traditional wedding, Dan had the perfect combination of tradition and creativity to create lasting epic photographs that my husband and I both love! Throughout the process, Dan helped me with creating a list of photos I wanted and a timeline for the big day. His responses were always positive, knowledgeable and reassuring. My bridal party commented how "fun and enjoyable" he was, that they did not feel awkward at all. After the wedding, guests are still telling me how amazing our wedding photos are. All in all, it is safe to say Dan "nailed it".

Sent on 04/27/2016

There are two decisions made I never doubted as a bride to be: 1) saying yes to my groom and 2) saying yes to Dan Moyer. His work as a photographer is amazing, but more importantly he's an amazing person to be around. From our first interaction, his enthusiasm was contagious. He loves what he does and it shows. He seamlessly went from being a photographer, to wedding planner, to a true friend. We LOVE Dan! He was there to answer every question, help with organizing our crazy schedules (and family) - but he also allowed us to be ourselves, and captured everything in such a real and organic way. I can't say enough good things about him or his work. Basically, hire him! You'll be so thankful you did!

Sent on 08/09/2015