Daniel Kim Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Elyse S. Married on 02/26/2021

The Best Photographer!!

Daniel is incredible! Find a date this man is available and plan your wedding around it! I cannot even put into words how thankful I am for him and his amazing work. He stuck by our side through the thick of COVID while we re-planned multiple times, even when he himself had so much on his plate navigating the new normal with this industry and his family. I cannot imagine what he went through being forced to shut down business and then push forward to intensely busy, future wedding seasons. He smiled through it all! Daniel was always very responsive and worked with my talented vendors to find a date for us that worked for the whole team. Fast forward to wedding day (finally 😊) when he heard I was getting ready at my childhood home, he rushed over to capture the love and memories that home held for me. He was patient with every single family member (and their requests). We had so much fun together! At the end of the night, we said our goodbyes, and a little while later I saw him back on the dance floor! He heard my friends and family singing and dancing to “Sweet Caroline” and said he had to come back to capture it. He is wonderful. And his work! There are no words. He caught things on film that brought tears to my eyes. They are not just photographs, they are art, and they make you feel! They bring me right back to the exact moment they were taken every time. I am forever grateful for Daniel and his amazing wife, Ashley. The BEST team.
    Mmathew Married on 11/02/2019

Creative Natural Light Photographer

Daniel Kim and his wife, Ashley, are truly talented photographers & amazing humans! They went above and beyond to make our big day so special. We felt so cared for and valued throughout the whole process. Daniel Kim has an eye for capturing natural light, makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera and captures each moment of your wedding day so beautifully. We are so excited to share our photos with our loved ones and will cherish each piece of art for a lifetime.
  • Jacquelyn
    Jacquelyn D. Married on 09/07/2019

The Master of Light

Daniel is not a remarkable photographer because he is an absolute master of light or because he has been trained to understand the nuances that comprise a truly good formal photograph (though he is and he has) - he is a remarkable photographer because he SEES and then captures that feeling into an image. Every image he captured from our day, had heart and feeling in it and that's because he literally did not stop looking and shooting the entire time he was with us. He knows how to run a tight timeline, came with so many creative ideas, scouted locations for our images, and was just all around the best to work with. Daniel goes above and beyond, it's his only setting when holding a camera and the images he captures will not disappoint.
    Catrina Married on 05/05/2018
    Daniel is PHENOMENAL!!!! We could not have asked for better engagement and wedding photos. He has the best eye for the perfect lighting and background. He is extremely easy to get a hold of and listened to everything we were looking for in photos. I highly recommend him to everyone!! Thank you Daniel for capturing our wedding in such a wonderful way- we will appreciate these photos forever!!
    Eunae Married on 12/27/2017
    We were so lucky to have Daniel photograph our wedding and engagement photos. Daniel is an amazing photographer who really knows how to photograph you and your surroundings. Our engagement photos were in the woods in Flagstaff and our wedding photos were out in the desert, and his photos turned out beautifully in both settings. Daniel is really easy to get along with and made us feel very comfortable (which was a plus since we never take photos together). He is also flexible and willing to accommodate any requests. We would not hesitate to use Daniel again or to recommend him to others. Thanks, Daniel!
    Aubrey Married on 08/17/2017
    Daniel Kim is beyond amazing! He has an incredible eye and makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera! I am thrilled with how out pictures came out.
    Cecilia Married on 09/03/2016
    What a treat it was to work with Daniel! We feel like we were able to work with the best wedding photographer around town. He is professional, creative and so passionate about his work. We were not experienced with getting our photos professionally taken and Daniel provided us with the perfect amount of direction and always made us feel comfortable. He keeps everyone calm and organized during the wedding day, something that is totally necessary from a photographer. He went above and beyond to make sure he captured all the details and special moments. We could not recommend Daniel more highly. His work is absolutely beautiful and I am so happy we decided to use him as our wedding photographer.
    Jennifer Married on 04/16/2016
    Daniel was absolutely amazing to work with. He helped coach us during the session, which was over a long period of time. Enough to capture different poses that led to beautiful photographs. I loved that he shoots with film that he develops and edits himself! The packaging that the prints and USB came in was so gorgeously prepared and it was such a nice touch. Daniel's photographs are beyond fantastic and I feel so lucky he shot our engagement session!
    Katie Married on 12/12/2015
    Daniel and his wife were great to work with every step of the way, we would recommend them to any and everyone!

Background: When planning my wedding the most important part to me was the pictures. I work at an advertising agency and have learned to value the quality of a good photographer who is willing to listen to your goals and make their clients feel comfortable. I was super picky when trying to find the perfect photographer because I had a really specific vision in mind on how I wanted my engagement and wedding photos to look. I wanted them to be natural and showcase our personalities with natural lighting and an airy feel. The first time I met Daniel I showed him my Pinterest inspiration board and to my surprise a few of the photos I had pinned were his! I appreciated his laid back attitude and ability to discuss in great detail his passion for wedding photography. After one quick meeting, I hired him and knew it was the best decision.

Engagement Photos: My now husband and I needed to get our engagement photos done quickly and it was in the middle of a Phoenix summer. Daniel offered to drive all the way to Payson so that we wouldn't have to be in the heat. The photos turned out beautifully and we were very happy with Daniel's ability to work quickly and make the experience fun.

Wedding Day: Our wedding day was a bit chaotic with unexpected rainfall two hours before our ceremony started! Ashley and Daniel worked really well under the conditions/stress and kept us calm during that time, which we really appreciated. Luckily the weather cleared up right before the ceremony so we quickly took the all of the family photos and Daniel was able to wrangle up and direct our crazy family members while keeping his cool.

Fun Fact: Daniel and his wife take photos with digital and manual/film cameras. He personally develops the film photos and gave us several handmade prints of our engagement photo session.

Bottom line: We love Daniel and Ashley!
    Kailey Married on 11/28/2015
    Daniel and his wife were amazing! They are both very laid back and easy to get along with! It felt like hanging out with old friends and I'm actually sad we didn't get to spend more time together! My hubby was hesitant about picking a photographer but he and Daniel hit it off almost immediately! He also did our engagement photos which turned out absolutely stunning! Both the wedding and Engagement times were filled with lots of laughter and genuinely fun moments! He rolled with it when I tripped taking the engagement photos and seemed completely unfazed by the scrapes just told us a different way to stand so they wouldn't show! On the day of the wedding, my husband and I got a case of the giggles and Daniel rolled with it and even caught the giggles after we explained what was going on. Daniel, we absolutely love you and would recommend you to ANYONE looking for an amazing photographer who is fun, easy to work with, and an all around amazing guy!
    Ashlyn Married on 10/24/2015
    Where do I begin to tell you how utterly fantastic you, Ashley and your "crew". Being wedding photographers ourselves for 25 years, the daunting task of just who can capture the irreplaceable moments of one of the most important days of your child's life, is something I can't begin to explain just how important and daunting a task that is. Both Rich and I upon meeting you in person said "he's our guy"! Ashlyn, herself a photographer was elated, as was Ben. You went above and beyond the day of with any of our requests we had for photos. We never saw any hesitation or frustration. You were fun and laughed the whole time. And your dancing made our night! We never had any doubts you could take our vision and capture it through your eyes and creative lens. We were well aware it was not an easy day as we were set up with many mishaps causing timeline shifts. You took charge when needed, always came to us with questions and suggestions rather then jumping in and making it be your choice over ours, and had our backs when things went terribly awry. For that alone, Rich, Ashlyn, Ben and I are extremely grateful beyond measure. You are a delight to work with, are thorough, quick, polite, kind and any bride should consider themselves extremely lucky to have you and your company. We can't thank you enough for all you did and we can't wait to see the art in your FILM photos!!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Mindi and Rich Verdi
    info@fotoverdi.com
    Facebook: Melinda Verdi (Melinda Richard)
    Facebook Fan Page: Photography by Verdi
    Twitter: Fotoverdi

Sincerely,
    Mindi and Rich Verdi
    info@fotoverdi.com
    Facebook: Melinda Verdi (Melinda Richard)
    Facebook Fan Page: Photography by Verdi
    Twitter: Fotoverdi
  • User2199418 2+ years ago
    I must say that choosing Daniel and Ashley to capture our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the planning process. I went through 100's of photographers and their work before we were able to narrow it down to a handful. Photography is one of my husband's hobbies and when we looked at Daniel's work, it had a certain element to it that set it apart from the other photographers we saw. Although he's from Arizona, he travels all over for weddings so he was able to do our engagement pictures in San Francisco and shoot our wedding in Temecula.

The best part about Daniel and Ashley is the passion they have in helping you capture every emotion you are feeling all in one snapshot. Daniel is a pleasure to work with and through the process they feel like a great friend who is always there to support you. Don't worry about looking natural as Daniel knows all the tricks in making sure you are doing the right thing or facing the right way.

I can't say enough about how Daniel and Ashley captured our wedding. We were truly lucky to have them be our photographers and I am recommending everyone we know to give them a shot. The photographs are classic and beautiful. We can't wait to see the rest of our wedding pictures! If they're anything like our engagement pictures, we know they will be gorgeous, romantic and whimsical.
    Kristina Married on 04/18/2015
    Only choose Daniel Kim if you want the best wedding photographer in the country!!!! Daniel Kim is able to capture the most intimate, candid moments effortlessly! His use of lighting creates the most breathtaking photos. And his ability to use both digital AND film allows him to capture the vibrancy and colors of every setting imaginable. Photos were definitely the most important part of our wedding, and I really wanted a photographer who would be able to capture our personalities and the vibrant colors of our wedding. 9 months later, I still look at my photos every day, and we are sooo incredibly thankful that we chose Daniel Kim as our photographer!! He is able to capture the best angles and make everyone seem so photogenic. My husband and I did not do engagement photos, so we were nervous about being photographed professionally for the first time. Daniel was instantly able to put us at ease, and let us be ourselves, and somehow made us look even better than normal in the process! Haha. I’ve never seen someone work so hard to get the perfect photo, which is how we ended up choosing him, after seeing him jump across tables at another friend’s wedding to capture that perfect shot. Also, the fact that he can bust out some of the craziest dance moves is an added bonus at no extra charge! Daniel is one of the few talented photographers who shoots in film and develops them himself, which is why his work is so amazing and unique! Book Daniel Kim right now if you want memories that truly capture the fun, emotion and most priceless moments from your wedding!!!
  • User2102828 2+ years ago
    Daniel Kim was hands down my favorite person to work with throughout the entire wedding experience. He is incredibly kind, energetic, passionate about photography, approachable, responsive and simply wonderful to work with. My husband and I enjoyed our engagement session with him, as he made us feel very comfortable and gave us the perfect amount of direction. On the actual wedding day, he was energetic and upbeat and great about keeping us on schedule without making us feel rushed. His wife was wonderful to work with as well, and their combined presence was a lovely addition to the wedding day. I would highly recommend Daniel to anyone looking for a photographer. He is an excellent photographer that is able to capture a couples' personality and facilitate a truly enjoyable photography experience.
    Haley Married on 03/08/2015
    Daniel took both our engagement and wedding photos and I could not be happier! They are absolutely beautiful and Daniel is wonderful to work with!
    Dominika Married on 02/27/2015
    Daniel Kim is a visionary. His love for photography shines through and is so evident when you're around him. He has this eye for detail and remarkable sense of space and light that only a true artist could understand. That is why my husband and I chose Daniel. He's not just a photographer, he's an artist. I remember the first time I saw his work I told myself that he would be the person to capture my wedding, and I couldn't be more pleased with his work. Daniel did our engagement pictures and we were so satisfied that I have no doubt our wedding pictures will be just as beautiful. I can't wait to see them!

Daniel really grew on us and we really enjoyed working with him and his wife Ashley. We look forward to using them again in the future!
  • User1950867 2+ years ago
    Daniel Kim and his wife/team member are both amazing to work with and are extremely talented. I loved that he took the time to get in a few shots that I really wanted. I have no doubt that they are going to be extremely successful in the photography business. He was very flexible with scheduling our engagement shoot and was on time for every appointment. I didn't even see him sneaking around to get pictures during the ceremony, like you see at some weddings, so he definitely blended in well. He even brought a light since my wedding venue was pretty dark and candle lit which will make a huge difference in the photographs. Also, the pictures after the ceremony, with family, he made pretty quick which was nice because you want to be doing other things. He takes like one picture with each group and then checks to make sure its good and then moves on, rather than taking 50 photos of each shot like some photographers do. Anyways, he was extremely great from a talent perspective and also just an awesome guy. He even delivered the pictures to me in a pretty package and printed/developed some of his personal favorites. Would highly recommend him.
  • User1700229 2+ years ago
    Daniel Kim is amazing!! We were struggling to get out of a contract with a photographer we had previously booked and he worked with us to fit our remaining budget. We did our engagement session with him prior to the wedding and couldn't have been more excited about our photos. The day of the wedding he and his wife were incredible! They are able to find and capture the beauty in everything. The quality of photography and professionalism they provide is outstanding. I would recommend Daniel Kim Photography to anyone - we hope to work with them again!
  • User2238838 2+ years ago
    Choosing Daniel as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made throughout the planning process. He was amazing to work with and I couldn't have been more happy with the results. I found his website and fell in love with his style, and even though we are in the Chicago area, he was willing to travel for the wedding and made the process effortless. During the engagement shoot he was able to help us with posing and looking natural, even though my husband and I were feeling nervous. Before and during the wedding he went above and beyond to help us with anything (he even helped us during during the rehearsal!) and the pictures turned out amazing! He was professional and passionate, and helped to create and preserve memories for our wedding day. I would recommend to anyone to hire him for your wedding! There are so many more amazing things I could say about him, we were completely happy with our decision to have him as our photographer.
    Heather Married on 05/17/2014
    Daniel and his wife, Ashley, were simply AMAZING! They were super professional but were a blast to work with. They made me feel comfortable taking photos and the sneak peek I saw was beautiful. I cannot wait to see the final product. I would work with them again in a heartbeat. Thank you for everything Ashley and Daniel!
    Casee Married on 02/15/2014
    Daniel and his wife Ashley were such a pleasure to work with for our Engagement pictures and our Wedding pictures. They were incredibly professional and kept things fun during the shoots! They are such thoughtful photographers. You can tell that they take such pride in their work and the experience and that was incredibly important to us.
    On the wedding day, the photos were the least stressful part and I'm grateful for that! :) Daniel stayed until the very end to get the cake cutting, which we almost forgot to get to due to all of the dancing, and we very much appreciated that he stayed for those shots.
    I can't say enough about the results, either. The photos turned out so beautifully and I couldn't be happier having chosen Daniel Kim Photography as our vendor for the big day.
    Thank you Daniel & Ash!
    Casee Shelton
  • Brenda
    Brenda Married on 11/09/2013
    Daniel Kim is the most amazing photographer you could ask for. From our first initial meeting we knew he would be able to capture the most beautiful pictures for our special day. His laid back personality and and extremely friendly assistant (Ash-wife) made it so easy for us to be photographed for a whole day straight. It got to the point that I forgot we were even being photographed! I would recommend him to anyone for any special event. I will continue to use Daniel Kim for future events!
    James Married on 08/17/2013
    Out of all of the vendors we contracted to work our wedding, Daniel and Ash (wife/second shooter) were hands-down our favorite.

Having had some unpleasant experiences in the past with diva photographers, I was relieved to have a combination of incredible artistic vision, solid communication, a friendly and accommodating approach to direction and an understanding that our pictures needed to capture our quirks and personalities in order to be beautiful and authentic.

While I would like to pretend your wedding day is all sunshine and rainbows, the reality is that not everything will go perfectly and there is a strong likelihood of experiencing a significant amount of stress before you rocket to the other end of the spectrum and become the happiest bride/groom/person you possibly have ever been.

One thing that stuck out on my wedding day was the calming effect Daniel brought to the table in conjunction with the positive energy and excitement he conveyed to myself and my bride. It is definitely possible that the only person smiling more than myself and wife on the day of our wedding was Daniel and when it came time for us to highlight our own joy and love for each other, the positive reinforcement we received helped take the pictures to a new level.

I'm sure there are some other great photographers and some other great people out there, but I find it impossible to believe that there are any who bring the two together in the same way that Daniel does. If you are considering his services for your wedding, book him. If for some reason you are on the edge and can't decide, have a good friend come over, slap you and then tell you to book him.
    Natalie Married on 03/30/2013
    Daniel Kim is hands down the best wedding photographer in Arizona, and one of the best in the country. Not only does he embody true professionalism, but he is beyond talented. At our wedding, Daniel was committed to making sure we got every possible shot and we felt confident that everything was being captured. Additionally, Daniel went out of his way to make my husband and I feel very comfortable and at ease while taking photographs. He provided excellent direction and was able to set up the best shots, by scouting our venue out even before we got there. Bottom line, Daniel is an absolute pleasure to work with (all our guests loved him too) and he is incredibly talented. Not to mention our engagement photographs were spectacular. I would recommend Daniel to anyone - it was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding.
  • Greg
    Greg Married on 03/02/2013
    Daniel was so inspirational for the day of our wedding. He really helped with planning the schedule of the day - getting ready (makeup/hair), first look, family photos, ceremony and reception. He went above and beyond with his love for capturing memories.