27 Reviews for Dancing Deer Mountain, LLC

Flatware (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
27 Dancing Deer Mountain, LLC Reviews

They are helpful on a lot of things. I didn't do the dish rental. Probably would be ok for a small wedding. Spendy for a big one. I did disposable dishes.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Dancing Deer Mountain far exceeded our expectations. The owners helped us and walked us though from beginning to end.

Photo for Dancing Deer Mountain, LLC Review - It was raining and it didn’t hamper our wedding at all.
Photo for Dancing Deer Mountain, LLC Review - Everyone is still talking about our beautiful wedding
Photo for Dancing Deer Mountain, LLC Review - Spectacular!
Profile Picture Natalie, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
4.7

Dancing Deer Mountain was a truly lovely place to have our wedding. The entire place is shaded for hot days in the summer, and there are even options for when it rains (which it ALMOST did at mine!) The setting is truly beautiful, surrounded by trees, green grass and flowers, exactly what I wanted. The reception area in the lodge is nice, with a dance floor and plenty of area around it to set up buffet tables, the bar, etc. Tim and Carol and very pleasant people and very accommodating. The venue has nearly everything you could need like silverware, plates, canopies for the cake table and pretty much every kind of table you can think of, although many things have a price attached. These extra little bits do add up fairly quickly, but Dancing Deer is STILL one of the least expensive venues in the area while still being beautiful.

Profile Picture Katie, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, China, Flatware, Lighting/Sound

My sister had her wedding here and it was absolutely gorgeous! The forest background and perfectly elegant landscaping is breath-taking and she couldn't have picked a more perfect place! The owners were extremely gracious and helpful with all the details and went out of their way to accommodate us. I would highly recommend this venue to all couples looking to tie the knot in the area!

Profile Picture Alisha, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I LOVE THIS VENUE!!! I couldn't have been happier with the way my wedding turned out. The owners worked with us every step of the way, being totally up front with what they would and would not be able to accommodate - and in the end, they were able to accommodate more than any other venue we had ever encountered! My wedding was beautiful, my reception was fun, the food was delicious, and my photos were stunning!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding at Dancing Deer Mountain, and it was a wonderful experience. The site is lovely - it is like you are visiting a fairy fern bower with lush gardens, giant trees that provide dappled shade and a hushed sense of magic, and many sweetly appointed details (like little benches, and winding paths) that enhance the whimsical beauty of the place. We had ample space to host our guests throughout the afternoon, and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.

The site owners were gracious to work with, and were supportive of our vision for the day. One should be aware of the constraints the site imposes with regard to timing of the events (you must be off the land completely by sundown, which could be a hamper to some people's sense of fun), and carefully review the boundaries (in terms of when you must leave, what type of alcohol they permit, what types of sound are allowed, etc) in place before making your choice to go with this site. Though if your vision for your day meets the constraints of the site (as ours did), it is a truly beautiful and sweet place to be married!

Profile Picture Erica , 7/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As the Maid of Honor for my sister's wedding, it was up to me (with some guidance from our mother) to plan and arrange everything, so that my sister could just focus on her dress and future and basically not turn into a "Bridezilla". I'd never planned a wedding event before, and I couldn't have been more relieved that she chose Dancing Deer Mountain as her venue. The place is not only GORGEOUS, but the owners are AWESOME when it comes to covering every single base. They're quite up-front about the various rules they have, but I didn't find any of their rules out of line (honestly I'd rather know what could end up "biting me in the butt" so to speak, than accidentally screw something up). At the end of the day, my sister was hugging me and crying from happiness, saying I made her wedding the dream she wanted it to be. I started crying too a bit, because in the end it wasn't all me - the owners helping me through it take the cake on that one. ;)

Profile Picture Kay, 6/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Tim and Carol have a lovely property that they share and make you feel very welcome to create anything you want for your special day. Our guests loved the venue.

Profile Picture User2341006, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As mother of the bride, I wanted my only daughter to have her dream reception. When we went to Dancing Deer Mountain, I knew we had found the right place. Carol and Tim were great to work with. Everything was up front and all questions were answered and the day went so smoothly! Carol always made me so happy when I spoke to her--I knew her goal was the same as mine--to make Bridget and Michael's day perfect. And it was! Thank you Carol and Tim! I loved the fact that I could cater the reception and have a champagne toast. It was a wonderful venue-elegant and peaceful. The guest were all impressed and so enjoyed Dancing Deer Mountain! I recommend this venue most highly!!!

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

GORGEOUS venue!! I had the wedding of my dreams! Owners were great to work with and very helpful. Beautiful scenery for photos!! Facilities are very clean. I felt like a princess, getting ready in the bridal cottage. Terms of use are very reasonable.

Profile Picture Louise, 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Most Beautiful and Enchanting location/experience...My daughter's wedding in July was absolutely amazing. The owners are so accommodating and caring people..you can tell how much they want your experience to be a once in a lifetime experience

Profile Picture Ron, 7/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place was absolutely gorgeous! This was the perfect place for my wedding! it was an absolute dream. SO GORGEOUS! It poured down rain the day before and lightly the morning of my wedding, but God made the sun shine so bright for the entire ceremony so all of the trees and flowers and overgrowth of nature were glistening. it was breathetaking. Carol, her husband and their handyman were so helpful and sweet people. they were very understanding and gave us all we could ask for. They only have 1 wedding a week, so we got to come out days before to decorate and have the rehersal. Dancing Deer Mountain is absolutely gorgeous, you need to have your wedding here!

Profile Picture lindsey, 6/23/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing venue and fabulous people! they are so attentive and really go above and beyond! I have seen so many venues and this is by far the most beautiful place I have seen. It is also a great value and you get to use the venue for our rehearsal and start decorating days in advance. Please check it out you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Linsey, 6/23/12, 1 Review
3.0

It was a beautiful venue, I have only two complaints of the wedding day, we had our wedding earlier in the day so we needed to be out earlier in the morning. They would not let us come out before 8:30 (we wanted to be there at 8am), all we wanted was into one of the rooms to start doing my hair and make up but they said they had 'last minute things they do' and told us no. Also, they apparently have a 'person' that they have who attends the event. This may not bother some brides and probably wouldn't have bothered me, i probably never would have know who she was, if she wouldn't have come up to us at the reception and introduced herself and said she attends ALL events they have there and ALWAYS comes up to the bride and groom. We were not made aware that someone would be there, if they would have let us know i might not have minded at all.

Also, my BIGGEST issue with this venue... they make you PURCHASE commercial insurance for all days that you are going to be out at the venue. Not only is this ILLEGAL but it is very costly. Most venues just ask that you add event insurance onto renters or home owners insurance, which my parents did and worded it just exactly how they asked. When they received this information the owner immediately called my mother and told her this was not an acceptable policy and that she had to do something different. When my mom called her home owners insurance to change the policy they told her and i quote 'do not have your wedding there, what they are doing is illegal.' My mother had to purchase a separate policy elsewhere, the agent told her even if there was a claim against the policy they would not pay on it because this is not a legal policy. In the end my parents ended up paying $300 for the insurance.

Profile Picture Briana , 5/26/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was perfect!!!! Tim and Carol are wonderful people and Colin was soooo helpful. My favorite part is that you get use of the venue all week, it was very low stress. I love how organized it is while still being very flexible. The venue is so beautiful it needs no decorating... but of course they encourage you to make it your own! It was amazing I am still shocked how picture perfect everything was I knew the pictures would be beautiful but this was so far beyond what I imagined. If you are looking for a venue with beauty and elegance while remaining casual this is it. Brides close your eyes, picture what you want and tell Carol she can make it happen. The music was perfect my dad put together some cds and colin and tim provided the sound system. They have helpful equipment if you want to do your own food and wine. Ladders if you want to hang decorations. And the facilities for the wedding party to get ready are darling. I cant say enough great things. Dancing Deer Mountain made our day literally picture perfect!

Profile Picture Kacy, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Although it was difficult to contact the owners occasionally, they were always willing to do whatever they could for me whenever I asked. There are some restrictions to timing and what can be done at the venue such as no hard alcohol. In regards to my wedding, I saw that as a way to keep costs down. :) I totally understand with the venue's location why they would not want people getting too drunk then trying to drive home. Our wedding was in July, and at 2. Leaving by 8 was not a problem seeing as by 7 we were all exhausted from partying already.

The BEST thing about this venue, other than the AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL location, is that you get the whole weekend for set up and tear down. This was SO helpful. All they ask is that you get all the trash and food out the day of so that any animals don't get into it (understandable). Additionally they had a hot cart and large cooler for our caterer to utilize which was very helpful. They have a collection of tables, chairs, vases, screens, a bar, and all kinds of extras that made this venue a great value.

It is apparent that they are still trying to get this venue going in a more professional way to keep up with some venues which have been around for a while. However, the improvements they are making are noticeable and definitely headed in the right direction. I would totally recommend this venue for someone who needs a good value, with inclusive features but is going for a more casual vintage garden wedding. There is nothing ritzy and snobby about this place so if you are looking for a really formal evening wedding, this is not the place. But a lively, casual summer afternoon wedding... I could not have asked for a better venue!

Profile Picture Janessa, 7/2/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a wonderful place... Pictures can capture all the beauty. The service of Dancing Deer Mountain was great. My guest were delighted with the service they provided. There main purpose was making our day as special as possible. It was all about me and how they could lend a hand. The place is magical. The sound of the birds the smell of nature. It was wonderful to see the deers show up to say hello.
What is great is that they have chairs and tables and vases and other beautiful things to borrow for the reception. Carol, Tim & Colin are the best. God bless them they have made my day so special.

Profile Picture Teresa , 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The experience at Dancing Deer Mountain was the most magical amazing experiences for myself and my family. The most perfect day . Not many words can express how we all feel about how amazing this venue is, Carol and Tim have created a truely beautiful enchanted little world that you can just escape in and create your most precious memories .
Thank you both for such beautiful memories we will carry for the rest of our lives.
Melissa and Matthew Isitt and kids .

Profile Picture melissa, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography

The wedding at dancing deer went great. It was very nice of them to allow us to come out there so many times. They were also okay with my bride having a bridal shower out their the week of the wedding. It made it special for all the long distance relatives to see the venue before the wedding and make it more special. Also talking to other venues when they had at the wedding event at the fair grounds in february, not many of them said that you could have the whole weekend to setup or even come and show people around during the week of the wedding. I just want to thank the wedding venue owners for making it sepcial with all the extra time to set up and take down, and a great place to take pictures.

Profile Picture phillip, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful venue, owners were great and so helpful throughout the whole process, they gave us our deposit back (all of it) the day of, after the reception had ended. We were our own wedding planners and they were so helpful in the planning process sharing their ideas and examples that other wedding had used.

Venue is amazing, full growth trees provided shade on our 95 degree day wedding day, at least 12 degrees cooler. Full bloomed garden flowers added to our decor, so beautiful!!! Bathroom facilities were amazing, plenty of room for everyone, bridal boutique was very cute and stayed cool, a fan was placed in room for bride, very considerate being it was so hot on my wedding day. Full sized coolers provided more than enough room for our champagne and food.

Parking was never a problem, parking attendant met our guests. Tim, one of the owners was great, he ran the music very well, he always paid attention to cues and everything ran so smooth. Music was at a perfect level, people could dance, but were also still able to mingle outside the dance floor. I could have not imagined our day go any better and at any other place than Dancing Deer, it was so lovely!!!

Special thank to Carol and Tim for making our day so wonderful!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 7/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Videography

July 24th was a special day because our son married a very special lady. The day could not have been better! Carol and Tim the owners of Dancing Deer Mountain are GREAT! They provided everything they said they would do. Their profesionalism provided us no surprises and that is a huge relief because so much is going on. My wife and I would recomend Dancing Deer Mountain to everyone.

Profile Picture Brad, 7/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful woodland venue with lovely gardens and water features. You'll love the Lodge and two story restrooms with a great room for the wedding party to use. There is also a private cottage for the bride or groom to get ready in. There are so many extras at Dancing Deer Mountain... pathways, resting areas and romantic setting area tucked away under tall trees. My photographer took the most beautiful pictures at Dancing Deer Mountain. We also had a fabulous video done for $50.00 by Dancing Deer Mountain. Our guests were impressed by the parking attendant and by the helpfulness provided by the owners. We danced until sunset on the oak dance floor and enjoyed the twinkling lights in the lodge overhead. We loved Dancing deer mountain.

Profile Picture Dennis, 10/7/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Videography
0.0

We are all very disappointed with the service of Dancing Deer Mountain.
Not only did they contradict their add with lack of their services. The videography of the wedding is unusable. Now we cannot even give copies to family members that could not make it to the wedding. It was very unprofessional and looked like something a young kid would have done. We cannot get that moment back to share with all that couldn't be there. We are just stunned by all the things they were not and the things they were supposed to do and didn't.
We will never recommend them to anyone period!

Profile Picture Valerie, 9/19/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Videography
4.3

Dancing Deer Mountain provides the picture perfect setting for casual or formal weddings. The venue is yours for set up and take down the entire week of your wedding from 9:30 a.m. to one hour before sunset each day.
There is a large refrigerator for you to use, perfect for chilling drinks, or storing your flowers before the big day.

You can decorate if you want, but the setting is so beautiful that there is no need. There is lush landscaping with ferns and flowers and a little pond and waterfall, very pretty. They also recently added a swing big enough for two, a perfect place for a photo op.

The lodge is made from trees harvested right from the property and provides a pretty covered area for your reception.

The owners Carol and Tim are very helpful and provide all the tables and chairs for the ceremony and the reception and take care of setting them up and putting them all away. Tim will also play your music for you if needed.
Dancing Deer Mountain has four inside bathrooms which is a huge plus for an outdoor wedding!

There is also a bridal room, it is small, but beautifully decorated and includes a few seats, a coat rack and a large mirror. It was cold the morning of my wedding, and when I arrived, there was already a heater going in the bridal room for me. :-) There were three things about the bridal room that could be better: 1) The lighting wasn't very good, something the owners have never had to worry about on bright days, but the day of my wedding it was gloomy, rainy and dark. 2) There was no hook to hang my dress from, just the coat hanger. I hung my dress up from the skylight and that worked just fine. 3) The size. It would probably be too small for a large wedding party to dress in, but it was just me and my MOH, so we fit quite well.

A few things about the venue to consider. The cost is a bit high for couples on a tight budget. $1700 plus a refundable $500 deposit (*subject to change of course). My husband and I fell in love with the venue the first time we saw it, so we made it fit our budget. The owners were flexible with the deposit, letting us pay it in two installments.

The music. It could have been louder! With all of our guests talking and laughing, the music kind of got drown out. Because of a neighbor, the owners have to limit the volume. When everyone is quiet for the ceremony, the volume was just fine.

The times. Arriving after 9:30 a.m. isn't that big of a deal, but having to be off the property one hour before sunset puts limitations on what you are able to do. If you are planning an evening wedding/reception, Dancing Deer is not the place for you, but if you want an early/afternoon wedding, it is perfect!

Even though there are a few things that I would change about the venue, it is overall absolutely wonderful! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful our wedding and the venue were. I recommend that anyone considering having an outdoor wedding give them a call and schedule an appointment to check it out, I bet you will fall in love with it like we did!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/5/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most beautiful wedding at Dancing Deer Mountain. My husband and I go back to Dancing Deer Mountain every year to just walk in the lush, beautiful gardens and to visit with the owners, Carol and Tim. This wedding venue is unique and special. If you want to give your guests a true taste of Oregon beauty and spoil them with natural elegance, consider this woodland gem. We love Dancing Deer Mountain!

Profile Picture sara, 8/27/09, 1 Review