Dance Floor Heroes Reviews

101 | Madison, WI

101 Reviews for Dance Floor Heroes

101 Dance Floor Heroes Reviews

Julia · Married on 09/22/2018

Mike and Jess were fantastic!!! We got so many compliments from guests throughout the day/night regarding the music. My mom wanted Beatles for the seating music and they played the most fantastic acoustic set during that time. My fiance and I, however, are more hip hop and they played a jazz version of Hotline Bling during the cocktail hour. It was incredible! Super memorable and we couldn't have asked for anything better. BOOK THEM. NOW.

Lance · Married on 09/02/2018

Michael and Jessica were outstanding. Having a couple instead of one person was a huge benefit, and they were especially helpful during the planning process. I would recommend them to anyone.

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2018

Mike and Jessica absolutely made our wedding day. They brought so much energy and were so organized I could just sit back and relax with those two running the show, it was such a relief! They kept us on track with our timeline and their music was spot on and they had everyone dancing until the very end. Here's hoping they DJ our next friends wedding so we can enjoy them again!

Kimberly · Married on 07/27/2018

They did a great job and made our wedding day special!

Ryan · Married on 07/20/2018

Dance Floor Heroes were part of a list of several recommended vendors provided to us by our vendor. We landed on them for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they responded to our initial inquiry promptly and with a personal message that made us feel welcomed right from the start. They further took steps to right away provide us with a detailed accounting of their process and how they would handle our event, which made us feel confident that we were in good hands. That, combined with their very competitive price, made choosing them very easy.

In terms of that process, they have a great, specific questionnaire that really allowed us to customize our
    reception experience, as well as opportunities for putting together ceremony and cocktail hour playlists. This was followed up with a phone meeting a few days before the event where we walked through the details with Michael, who talked us through in detail how he'd work in the music and run through special events like our Grand March and parent dances. All of this gave us the confidence that our wedding would run smoothly.

All of that, of course, leads to the event itself, and that was where we really knew we'd made the right choice. Michael and Jess did a great job of checking in with us enough (but not too much) to make sure things were running smoothly and to update us as our timeline progressed. Michael even offered to pick up drinks for the head table at one point! Their MCing was also awesome, jumping in enough to keep things moving and provide a little humor, without overpowering the event itself. In terms of the music, my wife and I had some specific requests which they did a great job of incorporating. More impressively, though, they did a great job of using a combination of building off of our musical requests and reading the room to put together a night of music that really kept everyone dancing, especially my wife and I!

• Z

Zach · Married on 07/13/2018

Michael and Jessica were amazing and a huge part of making our wedding a great one. They were always available to answer questions and discuss options before the wedding. Their questionnaire made sure everything was thought of before hand. We even had many people come up to us during dinner to tell us how much they loved the dinner music. They were so easy to work with and made sure all our guests had a great time.

We would highly recommend Dance Floor Heroes to anyone needing DJ cervices for their event.

Emmalee · Married on 07/07/2018

We had a top-notch experience with Michael & Jessica from Dance Floor Heroes. We felt like they understood our musical taste & personality from the very first call we had. They were very responsive and their questionnaire process was simple & seamless. Our guests loved the music and had a blast. I was especially appreciative of how they worked through some tech & coordination issues with my venue; I barely noticed anything and I know it's because they were experienced and absolutely all over it. They also did a wonderful job coordinating and bringing in our guest-of-honor, Bucky Badger. It was definitely the highlight of the wedding. I would highly recommend over and over again!

Arthur · Married on 05/27/2018

Mike and Jess were a great team! They balanced our specific requests with the mood of the room and made sure people were constantly dancing. The night wouldn't have been the same without them. Many of our guests said they were best wedding DJs they had experienced.

Meg · Married on 05/19/2018

Mike and Jessica were amazing! Their pricing was reasonable, they were very professional and always responded in an extremely timely manner. They made sure to have a conversation with us two weeks prior so they were well prepared for the wedding day. In fact, I didn't even see Mike until after the ceremony; everything was handled without having to come to the bride for a single question. It was amazing, seriously. They were super flexible about incorporating songs from some less-traditional wedding genres. Like any good DJs though, they used the crowd to determine many of the songs and kept the dance going. Their manners were friendly, outgoing and professional. Highly recommended!

Jordan · Married on 04/28/2018

One word sums up Dance Floor Heroes...AMAZING! I cannot count how many of my guests commented on how great the music was at the reception and how much fun dancing they had. They kept people on the dance floor all night. I could not have asked for better!

Lauren · Married on 02/03/2018

Seriously Mike and Jess made our wedding!!! I would highly recommend hiring them. Before the wedding, they were very professional to work with. Mike answered all my e-mails very quickly. He also scheduled a phone call to make sure he had all the details we wanted for the big day. On the wedding day, he did an amazing job being an "MC" and coordinating the grand march, speeches, etc. Our dance floor was packed during the whole wedding and everyone raved about how awesome they were!!

• Anna

Anna · Married on 01/27/2018

Jess and Michael were AMAZING!! We had several people in attendance that asked if Michael was a family friend, because he was that seamless day-of. They’re both incredibly professional, respected our no-play list, asked great questions to prepare for the day, and made the whole day so much more memorable. I would work with them again in a heartbeat!!

Molly · Married on 12/02/2017

Where do I even begin... Mike and Jess were THE BEST we could have asked for! Not only did they do a great job of MCing and keeping the energy going throughout the night, but they also kept the dance floor completely full, catering to all sorts of ages. I was worried because they did not specialize in country and we wanted a few country songs throughout the night - They did a great job of mixing in the country with the the more popular tunes and never literally kept our entire wedding guests happy and dancing the whole night. I told my husband I want to have an anniversary party just to hire them again because they really were that much fun!!!

Taylor · Married on 10/14/2017

Michael and Jessica really were the best DJs we could have imagined! They worked with us so well every step of the way! They communicated well with us throughout the entire process, set up a phone call closer to the wedding date to go over all of the little details, and made sure that everything was what my husband and I wanted. They made our wedding day so much fun, and you can tell that they really love what they do! I would 100% recommend them for your special day!

Kate · Married on 10/07/2017

These guys are amazing. We even had a power glitch in a tent and the weather was terrible and they were total professionals through the whole thing. You could tell they love what they do, and everybody had a great time and their taste in music ruled.

Jordan · Married on 09/09/2017

Mike and Jessica were amazing! They were super easy to work with, very responsive to our requests, and went above and beyond to make our day the best it could possibly be. They know how to get and keep people on the dance floor throughout the entire night. I don't think we could have imagined better DJ's for our wedding.

Jacqueline · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I are not from the Wisconsin area, but Wisconsin was the midway point for both of our families, so we decided to get married there. It was pretty scary trying to plan a wedding in a state we knew nothing about-- thank goodness for Google! We were fortunate enough to work with a great event manager, Kristin, at The Fields Reserve-- we asked her if she knew of any amazing DJs, and that is how we found out aboutDance Floor Heroes. My husband and I loooove dancing and think that the music just makes a wedding, so we weren't necessarily sold on her strong recommendation. We visited DFH's website and were sold on just a few songs they picked to feature events they DJ'ed for! Mike and Jess were very helpful with any kinds of questions or suggestions that we had... just from speaking over the phone it sounded like they knew their stuff. But boy, were we wrong! Dustin and I were astounded by how AMAZING they were!! They were so engaging, fun, organized, respectful, and helpful! Our guests and the two of us cannot stop talking about the wedding, it was that much fun! Even our vendors (videographers, photographers, and caterers) commented on Mike and Jess's performance! Dustin and I put the life of our wedding entertainment in the hands of strangers, and we surely were not disappointed. We highly recommend DFH to anyone that is looking to have a great time!

Allison · Married on 08/19/2017

Dance Floor Heroes was instrumental in making our wedding day perfect!

It started the week before our wedding when we spoke with Michael over the phone. He wanted to make sure he knew every detail about our big day - how to correctly pronounce the wedding party's names (overlooked by some), what songs we'd play during the ceremony and reception, and any special announcements throughout the night to ensure our guests knew what was going on every step of the way.

During the wedding, Michael and Jess did everything as we discussed and they did it perfectly! They even grabbed my wife and I a few cocktails throughout the night, which we never expected (but certainly welcomed).

You only get married once. Spend the money, it's worth it!

If we ever need a DJ again, we'll definitely be giving Dance Floor Heroes a call.

Kate · Married on 08/05/2017

THE BEST! Mike and Jess exceeded our expectations in every way. It's been a month since our wedding and we are still getting compliments on how great the music was and how much fun everyone had. They made the whole process so easy - we would choose them again and again.

• Jill

Jill · Married on 07/22/2017

We would give these guys 12 stars if we could! Michael and Jess played such a big part in making our wedding day perfect we don't know how to thank them enough. They did everything just how we asked and covered evrything else in the perfect way. They were professional in every way but still so much fun. ALL of our guests are still talking about how amazing the DJs were. We can't recommend them highly enough. Thank you Dance Floor Heroes!

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

They are amazing, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/17/2017

Michael and Jessica were THE BEST. Music is very important to me and I have seen way too many wedding dance parties ruined by a subpar or weird DJ, so we spent a lot of time trying to find the right people. Dance Floor Heroes kept the dance party going strong for four hours and read the room so well. I had requested some indie dance hits and they did a great job working in similar songs as well. (Not one but two Robyn songs? Perfection.) Even my husband, who had warned me before the wedding not to be upset if he did not dance at the wedding (dancing is not his thing) was out on the floor for most of the night. Don't even look at other DJs, just hire these two. They are amazing.

Chris · Married on 06/10/2017

Hands down made our wedding what it was!! They were very organized and made sure to talk with us through the entire way that we needed. Made it very easy for us to have a great time knowing they took amazing care of us!!!

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2017

I would highly recommend Dance Floor Heroes! They did our reception and really rocked it. They were always responsive and helpful and incredibly supportive. I had zero worries about them running with things. They also accommodated our pianist, a rather particular minister, and a cocktail hour. They read the crowd AMAZINGLY and had everyone dancing. I get the sense that they could be very flexible to different groups as well.