Dance Floor Heroes Reviews

117 Reviews for Dance Floor Heroes

• Cait

Cait Hamele · Getting married on 01/10/2021

Mike & Jessica ROCK!!!

After attending a string of weddings with terrible DJs, I finally went to one with an awesome DJ. Instead of letting a 9 minute remix of sexyback play for the entire 9 minutes and not realizing everyone left the dance floor about a minute in (a real life experience), I noticed these DJs were taking cues from the crowd about what worked and what didn't. When I got engaged, the first thing I did was reach out to my friend and ask who he used for their entertainment, to which he replied Dance Floor Heroes! I quickly reached out to them and crossed my fingers they weren't already booked for our date. Lucky for me, they were free!! Mike and Jessica were truly the best. They had never been to our venue before, but they worked tirelessly to make sure everything was the set up the way we had envisioned, and even made extra accommodations for us when we wanted to give our welcome speech in a fairly inconvenient place for them. They played the most amazing mix of old and new favorites, and we had many older family members comment on how they hadn't spent that much time on the dance floor in a long time! DFH was truly a hit. We had the absolute best time on the dance floor at our wedding and it was because Mike & Jessica did such a fantastic job. TL;DR They are the BEST and you should book them!!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Kevin Smith · Married on 10/19/2019

Simply amazing

To put it simply: Michael and Jessica were amazing. From our initial emails, to meeting up with them for a drink to discuss details before we even officially booked them, to the best day of our lives - our wedding day. They were perfect. Excellent communication and so much fun. They kept us on schedule and made sure we were happy every step of the way - even refilling my wife and I's glasses during dinner. They were great at getting the guests out on the dance floor and keeping them there and did a great job promoting the different activities we had setup at the venue. We didn't give them many songs we needed to hear and trusted them to play what they thought would work best - and they absolutely nailed it. Everyone was having a blast the whole night. On top of being great at what they do, they're just the nicest and friendliest people.

We are so incredibly happy we booked them for our wedding. Now if I can just figure out how to build a time machine so we can go back and relive it all again!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Michelle Schultz · Married on 10/11/2019

A perfect day!

Our wedding day was perfect and contributing to that perfection was dance floor heroes. They were so amazing and easy to work with. They helped with our ceremony and of course reception. They checked in for everything and made sure our night was incredible. They played great music and kept people on the dance floor all night. We would recommend Michael and Jessica to anyone! Thanks for the incredible memories!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Andrea · Married on 09/21/2019

Made our wedding night perfect!

When my now husband and I were searching for a DJ to make our wedding night perfect, we had met with a few DJs. We were so impressed with Jessica and Michael and thought it was so unique that they were a DJ couple! They were extremely creative at our initial meeting and gave us great recommendations as well as really wanted to get to know us as a couple. They were organized, energetic, and truly made our night perfect! All of my guests LOVED our music and them, stating that you could tell they have a blast doing this on weekends! I would highly recommend them for a wedding DJ. They checked in with us regularly during the wedding night to make sure our needs were being met and everything was going smoothly. If you choose Dance Floor Heroes, you will have the best night of your lives!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Austin and Beth · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfection!!!

The dynamic duo strikes again! We don’t have enough words to describe how attentive, creative, thoughtful and AMAZING Mike and Jessica were! They are truly passionate about their work and gave nothing short of 110% to make sure we had the perfect night. We really enjoyed having them get to know us on a personal level, which provided them with great ideas and customization for how we envisioned the night to go. Spoiler Alert! - They nailed the night perfectly and guests are still talking about how much fun they had!! Great music, awesome dancing and amazing fun! We would highly recommend Mike and Jessica!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Megan

Megan Reuter · Married on 08/30/2019

Highly Recommend!

We couldn't be happier with Dance Floor Hero's! They were one of our most accommodating vendors both Jessica and Michael! Michael, was so quick to reply for booking and questions, was so kind and patient with us as well! I can't say enough good things about them as a DJ and overall people. They were funny and attentive from the beginning and made us feel so relaxed. They even came up to us and asked if anyone from the head table needed a drink during dinner. How thoughtful! Most importantly, the dance floor was FULL from the moment the reception started until the lights came on at the end of the night. It was everything we wanted! Thanks a million!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Emily · Married on 07/20/2019

I had no worries

Mike and Jess totally took over they are so organized. Once getting to reception Mike got things going right away to keep guest involved and interested. At one point my husband and I were outside taking sunset pictures a song came on that my husband loves. They stopped playing until we came back in so we could enjoy as well. I would absolutely recommend Dance Floor Hero’s to family and friends.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Shallon · Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Mike & Jess were absolutely amazing!! When we first booked them we never actually met them until the day of the wedding! After our phone meeting a week before the wedding I knew I had chose the right djs! This was probably the hardest decision to make since I wanted someone to keep the dance floor going all night!! And they did just that! Not to mention Mike did amazing job keeping the whole night right in order and on time! Our day couldn’t have been more perfect without you guys!! I heard multiple times in the dance floor how awesome they were! I loved hearing that! ❤️ I highly recommend these two!! ❤️

Sent on 07/01/2019

Dance Floor Heroes's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and feedback. It's very important to Jessica and I that we make our couples happy by helping them achieve their dance floor dreams! We wish you and Tanner nothing but the best and thank you for trusting us with your wedding day!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/08/2019

Mike and Jess were incredible to work with and did an amazing job at our wedding!! They came highly recommended by our photographer and did not disappoint. Right from the beginning, they were so easy to work with and helped us make sure everything went smoothly. Mike did an amazing job keeping everything moving throughout the day and was an incredible MC. Everyone kept asking if they were friends of ours because he made it feel like they have known us for years. Our one request was to keep the dance floor full all night and they did just that! Playing the perfect mix to keep all of our guests having a great time! We can’t recommend Dance Floor Heroes enough!! We had so much fun with them and they helped make our wedding perfect! Thank you again!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Kyla

Kyla · Married on 06/01/2019

Can't recommend enough!!!

I can’t recommend Dance Floor Heroes enough! We had SO much fun with them. Our wedding was pretty low-key and originally we were thinking of just making a playlist and using the venue's sound system, but I am SO glad we made the decision to hire Mike & Jess to emcee and DJ the event. They took so much stress away by just doing a flawless job the entire night, announcing everything right on time, keeping everything on schedule, etc. Their website is so fun and easy to use and add all the songs we wanted for each part of the wedding. We had a phone meeting with Mike a few days before the wedding to go over everything, and it was executed PERFECTLY! We don’t like “cheese” and they did an amazing job of keeping the music going all night. I just can’t say enough good things! They made sure everything ran smoothly; we had a change of plans where dinner was served earlier than expected since our ceremony was a little shorter than anticipated, and they flawlessly moved up the toasts without any issue. We had so much fun with them!!! Thank you Jess & Mike!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Seth · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing DJ's!

Energetic, fun, professional, and talented! So glad we went with Dance Floor Heroes. We didn't have to worry about anything and they kept the floor packed all night. They did an excellent job as MC's as well. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Katie · Married on 02/23/2019

Excellent!!!

We had a fantastic experience with this vendor. They were very easy to work with, took time to understand who we were and what type of dance we were looking for, and most importantly showed our guests a fabulous time! They were prompt with their responses and I would thoroughly endorse them for anyone that wants to have a great dance floor!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Joe Luther · Married on 02/23/2019

Awesome experience!

We would absolutely recommend them to everyone. We knew we liked them right when we met them for our interview. They made the whole process very easy for us and they kept the dance floor packed all night. Thank you Dance Floor Heroes!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Julia · Married on 09/22/2018

Mike and Jess were fantastic!!! We got so many compliments from guests throughout the day/night regarding the music. My mom wanted Beatles for the seating music and they played the most fantastic acoustic set during that time. My fiance and I, however, are more hip hop and they played a jazz version of Hotline Bling during the cocktail hour. It was incredible! Super memorable and we couldn't have asked for anything better. BOOK THEM. NOW.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

DFH are Fantastic

DFH is a great duo. They were very professional and easy to work with leading up to the wedding. Their website is user friendly (adding mist plays, no plays, first dance, etc.), and their music library is very expansive. It was very easy to see why they are so highly recommended. They kept the dance floor full all night at a wedding that ranged in age from toddler to grandparent. Thanks again for a great evening. We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Lance · Married on 09/02/2018

Michael and Jessica were outstanding. Having a couple instead of one person was a huge benefit, and they were especially helpful during the planning process. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2018

Mike and Jessica absolutely made our wedding day. They brought so much energy and were so organized I could just sit back and relax with those two running the show, it was such a relief! They kept us on track with our timeline and their music was spot on and they had everyone dancing until the very end. Here's hoping they DJ our next friends wedding so we can enjoy them again!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kimberly · Married on 07/27/2018

They did a great job and made our wedding day special!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Ryan · Married on 07/20/2018

Dance Floor Heroes were part of a list of several recommended vendors provided to us by our vendor. We landed on them for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they responded to our initial inquiry promptly and with a personal message that made us feel welcomed right from the start. They further took steps to right away provide us with a detailed accounting of their process and how they would handle our event, which made us feel confident that we were in good hands. That, combined with their very competitive price, made choosing them very easy.

In terms of that process, they have a great, specific questionnaire that really allowed us to customize our
    reception experience, as well as opportunities for putting together ceremony and cocktail hour playlists. This was followed up with a phone meeting a few days before the event where we walked through the details with Michael, who talked us through in detail how he'd work in the music and run through special events like our Grand March and parent dances. All of this gave us the confidence that our wedding would run smoothly.

All of that, of course, leads to the event itself, and that was where we really knew we'd made the right choice. Michael and Jess did a great job of checking in with us enough (but not too much) to make sure things were running smoothly and to update us as our timeline progressed. Michael even offered to pick up drinks for the head table at one point! Their MCing was also awesome, jumping in enough to keep things moving and provide a little humor, without overpowering the event itself. In terms of the music, my wife and I had some specific requests which they did a great job of incorporating. More impressively, though, they did a great job of using a combination of building off of our musical requests and reading the room to put together a night of music that really kept everyone dancing, especially my wife and I!

Sent on 08/04/2018
  • Z

Zach · Married on 07/13/2018

Michael and Jessica were amazing and a huge part of making our wedding a great one. They were always available to answer questions and discuss options before the wedding. Their questionnaire made sure everything was thought of before hand. We even had many people come up to us during dinner to tell us how much they loved the dinner music. They were so easy to work with and made sure all our guests had a great time.

We would highly recommend Dance Floor Heroes to anyone needing DJ cervices for their event.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Emmalee · Married on 07/07/2018

We had a top-notch experience with Michael & Jessica from Dance Floor Heroes. We felt like they understood our musical taste & personality from the very first call we had. They were very responsive and their questionnaire process was simple & seamless. Our guests loved the music and had a blast. I was especially appreciative of how they worked through some tech & coordination issues with my venue; I barely noticed anything and I know it's because they were experienced and absolutely all over it. They also did a wonderful job coordinating and bringing in our guest-of-honor, Bucky Badger. It was definitely the highlight of the wedding. I would highly recommend over and over again!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Arthur · Married on 05/27/2018

Mike and Jess were a great team! They balanced our specific requests with the mood of the room and made sure people were constantly dancing. The night wouldn't have been the same without them. Many of our guests said they were best wedding DJs they had experienced.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Meg · Married on 05/19/2018

Mike and Jessica were amazing! Their pricing was reasonable, they were very professional and always responded in an extremely timely manner. They made sure to have a conversation with us two weeks prior so they were well prepared for the wedding day. In fact, I didn't even see Mike until after the ceremony; everything was handled without having to come to the bride for a single question. It was amazing, seriously. They were super flexible about incorporating songs from some less-traditional wedding genres. Like any good DJs though, they used the crowd to determine many of the songs and kept the dance going. Their manners were friendly, outgoing and professional. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Jordan · Married on 04/28/2018

One word sums up Dance Floor Heroes...AMAZING! I cannot count how many of my guests commented on how great the music was at the reception and how much fun dancing they had. They kept people on the dance floor all night. I could not have asked for better!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 02/03/2018

Seriously Mike and Jess made our wedding!!! I would highly recommend hiring them. Before the wedding, they were very professional to work with. Mike answered all my e-mails very quickly. He also scheduled a phone call to make sure he had all the details we wanted for the big day. On the wedding day, he did an amazing job being an "MC" and coordinating the grand march, speeches, etc. Our dance floor was packed during the whole wedding and everyone raved about how awesome they were!!

Sent on 02/14/2018