Dana Powers House and Barn Reviews

Dana Powers House and Barn 6
Dana Powers House and Barn 7

Brittany U. · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Barn Venue

The Dana Powers Barn is the perfect barn venue. We wanted a simple outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and a barn reception, without necessarily having to build a wedding 100% from scratch. The Dana Powers House delivered. The venue is turnkey because certain basics (e.g., chairs, tables) are included, and decor can easily be rented through the venue owner's rental company, Embellish Vintage Rentals. There are endless locations for photos, and the lighting inside the barn cannot be beat, day or night. All of our other vendors had nothing but praise for the venue. The venue owner, Judi, and her team are experienced, flexible and helpful before and day of. You can make of this venue what you want, and trend more toward casual, or more toward elegant, or anywhere in between. We trended toward a casual, fun party with 75 guests, and with minimal decor and formalities, and the venue is so stunning that it really stands on its own. Our guests appeared to love it; we received this comment several times: "Aside from my own, this is the best wedding I've ever attended."

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Athena

Athena · Married on 09/08/2018

A true gem - absolutely perfect

In short this venue is the most amazing versatile location we visited while planning. Judi, the owner is so sweet and accommodating and it was such a pleasure to work with her.
    We live in the Bay Area and had driven down to spend the weekend looking at venues. Dana Powers House was our last visit. Pulling into the driveway we knew this location was the one. My fiancé (now husband) works in the wedding industry and couldn't believe how amazing the venue was. Having been to over 300 venues it takes a lot to get him interested. But the possibilities Dana Powers House has to offer and all the character the property has got him really excited. The plentiful areas you have to choose from to take photos/video are endless and put this venue head and shoulders above the rest.
    We used the whole property to have a cottage garden style ceremony and a rustic-chic barn reception.
    Judi also runs a vintage rentals business so the opportunities to create a truly custom pintrest perfect wedding are endless.
    If you're looking to get married in the central coast make sure you visit DPH as you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Nick · Married on 04/27/2018

Wow!! What a day at the Dana powers house! To us, our wedding day was perfect and the team they have are the best to make your dream wedding a reality! Judi & Sheila are a joy to work with as well as Zach and Charlotte and any others we didn’t mention by name!! The property is absolutely beautiful with so many different areas to explore!! We miss you guys
    Nick & Michelle

Sent on 06/01/2018

stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

We were guests at our friends wedding at the Dana Powers Barn and I fell in love. I knew when the day came for us to get married we had to do it here. I reached out to Judi right after we got engaged and booked the barn. She and her assistant, Sheila, were so easy to work with. I had to change our date a couple times and they were so accommodating. I LOVE Judi! She was so helpful with everything: vendors, decor, everything! She also has a rental shop with beautiful decor - so needless to say this was a one stop shop! August 26th, 2017 was the best day ever..... all thanks to Judi and her team!

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Dana Powers House and Barn 14
    Dana Powers House and Barn 15
    Dana Powers House and Barn 16

Tiffany · Married on 07/08/2017

Dana Powers House is AMAZING. The venue itself is gorgeous, a perfectly manicured lawn for the ceremony and jaw-dropping barn in all it's rustic beauty. There is a super cute bridal suite to do last minute touches and leave all bridal belongings in, as well as a rustic shed complete with old truck for the boys. Besides the venue, you get to work with Judi Powers who is so knowledgeable and willing to help make your wedding journey perfect. She gives you a list of vendors to ensure you hire the best vendors possible. You can get other vendors approved, but just go off her list, she knows what she's talking about! She also has an "embellishment barn" which has wonderful decorations, furniture, basically anything you can think of to make your day extra special! We rented many things from the barn since it was basically a one stop shop, and less we had to worry about. I cannot imagine having our wedding anywhere else, it was everything we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Dana Powers House and Barn 17
    Dana Powers House and Barn 18
    Dana Powers House and Barn 19

Audrey · Married on 01/20/2017

Wow! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding! Our guests were blown away by the stunning Dana Powers venue- Barn. Judi was our day-of coordinator and she was incredible. She wouldn't let me worry about one thing and of course everything went smooth and according to plan- ceremony schedule, timeline, venders, guest.. Our wedding day was by far the most special day of my life and I have the Dana Powers house Barn to thank! This place is a MUST if you want your wedding day to be a dream come to true :)

Sent on 12/30/2016

Dana Powers House and Barn's reply:

Thank you Audrey. Loved working with you. Your day was spectacular!

Megan · Married on 10/01/2016

The Dana Powers House is an absolutely stunning venue with an amazing staff who ensures every detail is perfect. It far exceeded my expectations in every way and every guest was blown away by the beauty of the venue. Judi Powers is absolutely fantastic and I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. Thank you to Judi and the Dana Powers House for everything!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Shayne · Married on 09/24/2016

Judi was the best coordinator we could have ever asked for. She moved things along, and because she also owns her own prop company she was able to style and pull together the whole look and feel of our wedding. I don't know what would have happened if we hadn't had Judi! A lot of chaos and confusion, probably. Also her venue space is insanely beautiful. Judi has such style. For us, being pretty remote from our venue, it was great to have a venue that already looked how we imagined without having to haul in tables and chairs etc. Judi takes care of everything and she genuinely cares about her brides and the weddings she hosts. Couldn't have asked for a more magical night. Thank you, Judi + staff for making it possible!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/20/2016

Judi and her staff were amazing! They were there to answer all our questions along the way. When we had difficulty with a caterer, Judi gave us other suggestions. The venue was beautiful when we visited it the first time but even more spectacular the day of the wedding. We had our wedding at the house and reception in the barn. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Danielle · Married on 08/06/2016

Judi was extremely helpful with the entire wedding process. I could email or call her and get a response back very quickly which was very convenient. I loved everything about this venue and theres not one thing I would change, I wish I could relive my wedding over and over again. Judi was on top of everything when it came down to the day, she was really good at having people where they needed to be at all times and made our wedding day go extremely smooth which allowed for my husband and I to enjoy every minute of our special day!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

We had a wonderful experience getting married at Dana Powers! Judi and her assistant were incredibly responsive and helpful with finding other vendors in the area. Also, Judi has an on-site vintage rental company so it is very easy to check out what is available and rent it for the wedding for low prices. We happened to get married on an unusually hot summer day and Judi even brought out additional items we had not planned on to help the guests stay cool, so the on-site extra inventory really was a savior. The venue is also completely private which was important to us, and had many different spaces we could choose from to use for ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, etc. , rather than saying this is THE reception area, this is THE ceremony area, we were able to personalize it.
    All in all we were so happy with our choice!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Dana Powers House and Barn's reply:

Thank you Nicole and Tyler. It was such a fun day. I am very happy that it met your expectations.

Denisse · Married on 06/11/2016

Judi and staff are truly amazing people. They made the experience of planning a wedding so easy. The venue itself is breathtaking. My husband and I don't live in the area so when we we're around there we stopped by. I like that Judi would let's us come see the venue anytime. Everytime we went we notice something different about the venue. That place has so many details that in one visit you don't notice everything and every time we something new we loved. Not one thing at the venue did we not like. The barn itself is gorgeous!! We rented a few chandeliers and some barn drapes and with that touch it was perfect. You don't need much decor for that barn cause it's already so breathtaking. I stare at our wedding pictures because of how pretty the place is. If I could redo the whole day over I would not only cause I got to merry my best friend but because we are so in love with this venue. We will be back soon to visit! Thank you to Judi and staff for such a great venue and experience!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Jamie · Married on 06/04/2016

Our wedding was truly a dream at Dana Powers Barn! Our guests continue to tell us what a beautiful venue it was and how perfect the day turned out. Judi and Sheila were extremely helpful with my countless questions from the very beginning of our planning process. Thank you so much for helping make our day so special!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Tania · Married on 04/16/2016

My husband and I LOVED having our wedding at the Dana-Powers barn. Not only was the setting like something out of a painting, but working with Judi and the other staff members was simple and easy. Anyone who has planned a wedding knows how rare that is. They helped make the biggest day of our lives also the most unforgettable.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Jordan · Married on 11/07/2015

This venue is BEAUTIFUL. I feel so fortunate to have had my wedding at the Dana Powers House. I used the garden area by the house for my ceremony and cocktail hour and then the reception was in the barn. The entire space is gorgeous and I loved that our guests transitioned from this outdoor garden to the chandelier lit barn. It was like being in two totally different spaces for one wedding. Judi is the owner and she is truly wonderful, such a sweet lady who is passionate about weddings. She has so many pieces through her company embellish rentals that can provide any feel or look. She was very accommodating to last minute add ons as well. She threw together a cigar and whiskey bar for our wedding no problem. I had guests compliment the beauty of the venue and they said it was stunning and magical. Judi pays close attention to detail and takes great pride in her home. The weather cooled off the week before my wedding and she was prepared and contacted me about having heaters just in case. She knows the property and knows what will ensure the comfort of the guests which is great, it made the whole process very relaxing. It was a perfect day and I couldn't have asked for anything more, its a great venue and I would love to find an excuse to have another event there someday! :)

Sent on 11/14/2015

Dana Powers House and Barn's reply:

Thank you Jordan. You and your mom were a pleasure to work with also.

lorin · Married on 10/04/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Judi Powers and Dana Powers House. My experience with them was seamless and easy from start to finish and our wedding day was perfection. If anything went wrong, we certainly did not know it. Judi was our day of planner and she made sure we were taken care of at every moment. She and her assistant Sheila were responsive and flexible with us throughout the planning process. Both amazing women to work with. I can't even begin to express how beautiful our wedding was. If you are looking for a rustic, but elegant venue, it cannot be beat. It is a truly magical place and everyone could not believe how amazing the venue was. We kept hearing over and over it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We would not have changed one moment of our day. Thank you Dana Powers House! It was unforgettable.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Valor · Married on 06/13/2015

Do you want to have a venue that people will provide a beautiful backdrop for your wedding? There is no better place than the Dana Powers House. My wife and I constantly had people telling us that they loved the house and the barn. It was simply amazing and I highly recommend that you have Judy be your day of coordinator. It isn't that much extra and you can immediately remove all the stress of coordinating your vendors. She did a great job at making sure we enjoyed ourselves and we even got to eat our dinner! Thank you Judy and everyone at Dana Powers for our perfect day!

Sent on 07/13/2015

With planning a wedding in such a short amount of time, working with Judi and Sheila at the Dana Powers House was a dream! We had a 6 month engagement and planned our wedding from out of state, which makes all wedding processes a little more work and a lot of stress. Judi and Sheila answered all of my questions in a timely manner and made the process so smooth with coordinating all aspects of our wedding.

To top of the amazing service, the venue is absolutely beautiful! It ended up raining on our wedding day (which at first was my nightmare) but Judi reassured me that everything was still going to be perfect and my ceremony moved inside the barn. It was beyond perfect. We had our ceremony and reception in the barn, with the cocktail hour being outside as soon as it cleared up.

My recommendation for anyone considering this venue-book it! It's worth the money. I also recommend using Judi as the day of coordinator. She made my day absolutely stress free and a dream. Thank you Judi and Sheila!

Sent on 02/22/2015
  • I

Ileana · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I fell in love with The Dana Powers House immediately, the venue fit both our personality and budget. Many little things that you would have to rent in other places are already provided by Judy. For example, chairs, tables, and restrooms believe it or not (some places require you bring in restrooms). Judy was very responsive and professional throughout the planning of our wedding. We felt very comfortable with her since day one, which made everything fall right into place, especially because she was our day of coordinator. Our wedding day was perfect, Judy and her staff worked really hard to ensure we had nothing to worry about. We received compliments from all of our guests, Dana Powers House is truly a magical place thanks to Judy and her passion for weddings and event planning.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/05/2014

Our wedding day was truly better than we ever could have imagined because of the amazing services and environment the Dana-Powers Barn offers!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Allie · Married on 06/07/2014

My husband and I got married at the barn at Dana Powers House a couple weeks ago. Can we go back and do it again? It was amazing. You dont need me to tell you how beautiful everything is because clearly from the pictures it is the most beautiful place to get married. Judi was so nice and helpful. She answered my million questions. She has the most amazing selection of rentals and everything was so beautifully set up and taken care of when we arrived. She is totally on top of everything. And day of, she was a wedding ninja. She was never seen until the exact moment you happened to be taking off your veil or doing something with your shoes or bustle and then she was right there ready to handle it. She was amazing and has so much experience. Thank you so much for everything Judi! Our day was beautiful and we couldnt have asked for anything more!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Brea Ellen · Married on 10/12/2013

Judi Powers is an amazing person. She created a space that captured everything I could have dreamed of for my wedding day. She is elegant, calm, collected, organized, and so inviting. Her venue is something every little girl dreams of. I feel so lucky to have found the barn along with Judi and her family.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Evelyn · Married on 09/21/2013

I would honestly give Judi and her whole team at the Dana-Powers House way more than five stars, if that were possible here. There are not enough words to describe what an amazing and special venue this is. Judi makes rustic-vintage-dream weddings come true. She was wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process. Judi is creative, flexible, and an expert in all things weddings. My now-husband and I were planning our Central Coast wedding from a distance in the Los Angeles area, but we never had to worry about anything thanks to Judi. We also hired Judi as our reception coordinator (ceremony coordination is included in the venue package) and I'm so very glad we made that decision. She made everything flow perfectly from the moment we arrived to the moment we said goodbye to all our guests. One of the best things about the Dana-Powers House is the creativity you can bring to the spaces there with Judi's vintage rentals (Embellish Vintage Rentals) and any little special touches you want to bring in. Our guests were blown away by how amazing the whole property is, and everyone wanted to know how I found such a remarkable venue. The answer for me was Google, and if you're reading this now, you've already found it, too!

Sent on 10/11/2013
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 09/07/2013

Judi and everyone we encountered at the Dana-Powers barn and house was truly amazing to work with! Judi always responded quickly to e-mails and calls and was very flexible when we came into town for planning. The wedding was everything we had hoped for and my husband and I felt truly taken care of, there was a lot we tried to do ourselves but Judi and her team came together to finish the little things we didn't think of. All of our guests are still talking about how beautiful and elegant the wedding was. This venue was everything we had been looking for and to have such an experienced, talented, helpful and pleasant person to guide us through this process was more than we could have ever asked for!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Brittany · Married on 08/24/2013

I knew The Dana Powers House was the PERFECT venue for my Aug 2013 wedding the second I saw it. Judi's beautiful property and professionalism go above and beyond, I truly do not know how she does it all. Not only did she answer numerous e-mails and come let me see the property twice before my wedding, she made planning a long distance wedding a breeze. I also used her EMBELLISH vintage rentals for nearly all of my décor, which made things very easy and cost effective instead purchasing and shipping the décor myself. The day of the wedding all the little details were perfect and the barn where we held our reception was beyond beautiful. Judi handled my "not so well behaved" groomsmen very professionally during our rehearsal and made sure everyone knew where to be and what to do and kept them all in line. :) My day wasn't perfect, because nothing ever goes exactly as planned, but it was as close to perfect as it could be and I wouldn't change a thing. The Dana Powers House is worth every penny and Judi will make every detail you've planned come to life. I cannot thank her and her staff enough for making my dream wedding come true. :)

Sent on 03/05/2014