Dana Goodson Photography Reviews

Dana Goodson Photography 6
Dana Goodson Photography 7

Stacey · Married on 07/14/2018

St. Augustine wedding

Dana was absolutely amazing. She was kind, professional, detail oriented, and creative. She was my photographer for my wedding in July 2018 and the photos she took are absolutely breathtaking. Her assistant was also very pleasent to work with. Dana was more than patient with my wedding party and very organized. She captured the entire night and even moments that I didn’t know she was around for! We Absolutely LOVE our gallery and couldn’t have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Ryan · Married on 04/14/2018

Dana is top-knotch amazing at what she does, and is worth every penny. We have INCREDIBLE wedding photos to remember our special day forever, and know that they're going to always look classically beautiful. Dana is accessible, agreeable, and accommodating to the craziness of weddings. We had high standards, and are very happy.

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Dana Goodson Photography 12
    Dana Goodson Photography 13
    Dana Goodson Photography 14

Dana Goodson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Allyson & Ryan for your kind words!! Your wedding day was amazing and I'm so happy I was able to photograph it for you!

Kristen · Married on 04/06/2018

Dana is absolutely phenomenal!! Her work is beautiful and she captured every detail and moment of our entire wedding day. She had sneak peak pictures to us just days following our wedding and we could not be happier with how they all turned out!! I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 05/20/2018
    Dana Goodson Photography 22
    Dana Goodson Photography 23
    Dana Goodson Photography 24

Cheryl · Married on 12/31/2017

I just finished reliving my daughters beautiful New Years Eve wedding at Epping Forest Yacht Club. I do so at least once a week by going through the absolutely gorgeous photos that her photographer, Dana Goodson, took. The pictures are seriously stunning. Dana captured Meg and Jay's wedding perfectly from start to finish, doing it with a smile on her face! She arrived to the bride's room right on time and like clockwork took charge, creating a vision of fairytale pictures. So many of our guest complimented us on how they loved the fact that everything was so organized, and they weren't having to wait hours after the ceremony to wait on the bride and groom while they had their pictures made. Dana knew exactly what to do in a timely manner, and the wedding couple actually got to enjoy the cocktail hour rather than to pose for a million pictures, due to the fact that Dana choreographed the whole thing so well. We also didn't have to wait long to get the photos back, and she even sent us a sneak peak while my daughter was on her honeymoon! If you are looking for a quality photographer for your wedding, who knows how to capture the most beautiful moments, look no further than Dana Goodson. Truly one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 04/20/2018
    Dana Goodson Photography 32
    Dana Goodson Photography 33
    Dana Goodson Photography 34

Dana Goodson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of Meg & Jay’s amazing wedding day!

Stephanie · Married on 08/12/2017

Dana is by far the BEST in the business!!! We instantly loved how organized, experienced, professional, and kind she was from the first time we met! She did our engagement pictures which were phenomenal - and we couldn't wait until we did our wedding photos! They were absolutely perfect!! Dana is extremely experienced and makes you feel like she has everything covered from the preparation before the big day, and then all the way throughout! She easily kept track of the timeline and which pictures we requested, as well as came up with many of her own creative shots! The picture quality and angles were also gorgeous - not to mention her beautiful editing! Thank you, Dana!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Hailey · Married on 05/07/2017

My husband and I highly recommend Dana! She so naturally captured the beautiful scenes and emotions of our special day, and I will marvel at our wedding album for years to come. We couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out and are so grateful we had the opportunity to work with the very best!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Dana Goodson Photography 35

Dana Goodson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Hailey! I loved working with you and Tony!

Lanetra · Married on 03/19/2017

A++ Awesome Quality, Professionalism, Creativity

Dana Goodson Photography quality of work is second to none which was one of the reasons we choose Dana. On the day of the wedding, Dana and her team showed excellent professionalism and we were absolutely elated with how well the photos turned out. She really grasps the beauty we saw at our wedding venue at Club Contenintal in Orange Park, FL and truly made our wedding something we will cherish forever.

Sent on 07/07/2019
    Dana Goodson Photography 36

Dana Goodson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this kind review Lanetra! I’m so happy I was a part of your amazing wedding day!

A · Married on 11/19/2016

Highly recommended. Dana was extremely professional, kind and great at her job. Our photos were stunning and she was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 11/05/2016

Dana is seriously amazing! Her eye for good lighting & angles make beautiful shots. She was very professional & understanding (my husband hates pictures!). She blended right into ceremony, cocktail hour & reception while getting amazing pictures!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Alison · Married on 10/23/2016

Dana was a complete professional with a personal demeanor. We worked with her to make sure that important pictures with loved ones and friends were taken. Further, it was a pleasant surprise to see all the moments that she captured before and during the ceremony and throughout the reception! Thank you, Dana!!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Marie · Married on 10/22/2016

Dana will capture those memories that you will share for a lifetime. She did a great job photographing the emotion of our wedding, if I had to do it all over again, I would pick her every time.
    After a short call to Dana we knew that she was passionate about photography and not only recording our event through photos but really capturing the memories for us.

On our wedding day she captured my husband and his groomsmen quickly and stayed out of their space enough to see those emotions that were still trying to stay hidden. She arrived early to my getting ready location, before I knew it we were supposed to be on the way to our first look. Looking back, one of the best parts of the day was Dana seeing the amazing lighting that just happened to occur at our location, she delayed the timeline and made sure to capture me getting ready in that light. She gave us as much time during the first look as we needed until she set us up for other shots. This time alone with my husband was great, it was as though she wasn’t there.

If I can give any future words of advice to a bride or groom to be – make slow movements, look at each other, be you and enjoy the day. Let the photographer capture you all – those are the photos that will bring back memories of a lifetime. Your friends will take enough photos to “record” the events on their phones, but let the photographer capture the moment and the emotions. Dana will do exactly that.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Dana Goodson Photography's reply:

Thank you Marie! I loved working with you and Brent and I'm so happy your love your photos!

Kellie · Married on 10/21/2016

Dana was the perfect choice as our wedding photographer. She was highly recommended by our friends and family, and she did not disappoint. Dana is extremely professional, extraordinarily talented, and just so sweet. She had so much patience on our wedding day and went out of her way to make sure we got all the best shots. She tried her best to keep us on track when we were running late and just kept smiling every time we asked for another group photo. She is so kindhearted and genuinely a lovely person. And her assistant Brittany was very sweet too! She got our photos back to us in a timely fashion (about 3 weeks after the wedding) and they all turned out beautifully. Thank you so much, Dana!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Erica · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved working with Dana. Ours was a destination wedding, and we met Dana in person for the first time on the day of the wedding. (We had several email flurries and phone calls in the time leading up to the wedding. And she was so helpful suggesting other vendors when I was in a bind!) The photos turned out beautifully, and we especially loved how she was able to capture spontaneous moments throughout the evening.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Chelsea · Married on 07/09/2016

Dana was so professional & really made us at ease in front of the camera. She gave great direction & helped the day move along perfectly! She was fun to work with & made our wedding day THAT much more enjoyable! We can't wait to see the finish product soon, but have no doubt the shots are going to turn out amazing!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Erika · Married on 07/03/2016

5 stars across the board! If you want beautiful pictures, and a reliable, organized photographer, Dana is it! From the first few emails I sent inquiring about all sorts of wedding photo details, Dana responded instantaneously and continued to show her professionalism throughout our entire wedding process. She knows the wedding process in and out and helped me set up a perfect timeline to keep my day on track. To top it all off, she had ALL of our wedding photos posted for us within a week of our wedding! She's really the best! -Erika K.

Sent on 09/03/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/11/2016

Using Dana as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made! She is so incredibly talented, and was able to capture so many genuine moments throughout the day. We will forever have her images to be able to relive those moments - And we are so grateful for that! Could not recommend her more to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2016

Dana was an absolute pleasure to work with and we LOVED how our pictures turned out. She went above and beyond and made a stressful process very seamless. We loved working with Dana!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

Dana was an absolute pleasure to work with. Very professional and the pictures were more beautiful than expected. I would definitely recommend Dana!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/16/2016

Choosing a photographer for our wedding was a HUGE deal. We didn't have a videographer, so capturing our day and the feeling it gave us through photos was of utmost importance. Dana was extremely easy to work with and very professional. We had an initial call with her to talk through our options and what we can expect from her services. She was also very willing to listen to what we wanted and was open to any additions/changes we requested. On the day of the wedding she showed up on time and her and her assistant were extremely professional and did a great job of capturing the moments without you even knowing they were there. Dana did an amazing job with the photos & editing, and we are in love with how they turned out. Another thing we really appreciated about Dana was her quick turnaround time in getting the photos back to us - this was a HUGE plus as a bride dying to see photos!!! We would recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer for their wedding. Thank you, Dana!!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Kathleen · Married on 04/09/2016

We absolutely loved working with Dana! She was so easy to work with and worked with us to make sure every detail was perfect. The quality of our wedding pictures are top notch and our album came out better than we ever hoped it could be! She captured all of our must have pics and also captured some of the most amazing pics that we didn't even think to do! We highly recommend Dana. She is pricey, but the quality of work and professionalism justifies the price!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Megan · Married on 01/23/2016

Choosing a photographer was our biggest priority after booking our venue so we put a lot of time and effort into finding the right person. After doing tons of research we finally decided on Dana, and it was one of the best decisions we made. We loved working with her! Not only is her work absolutely stunning, Dana is the nicest person you could ever hope to work with. She always responded to questions quickly, and she was very helpful, offering great advice when we were trying to choose locations to shoot our photos. My husband and I were nervous the day of the wedding because we don’t like being the center of attention, and we thought we’d feel uncomfortable posing for pictures, but Dana and her assistant were so comfortable to be around and so good at what they do that they put us completely at ease. We actually had fun hanging out with them while we were taking pictures!

And let’s not forget about the quality of Dana’s photos: they’re gorgeous. Unfortunately, the weather was not very cooperative the day of our wedding (there were reports of snow flurries and the skies were overcast and gray), but Dana is so good at what she does that the undesirable weather didn’t stop her from capturing beautiful photos of our day. We got our pictures back quickly after the wedding, and everyone that’s seen them has commented on how talented she is. They’re that good.

We really can't say enough about Dana and the quality of her work. Her photos are amazing, and she's such a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Cassie · Married on 12/19/2015

Let me begin with the fact that she is by FAR the most amazing photographer-ever! When I married my husband, neither he nor I had ever been professionally photographed until our wedding day..... we did not do engagement pictures, had never had any family photos done...nothing! Dana worked with us so wonderfully and allowed us to completely reflect on our day- and oh my goodness did she produce our beginning! She worked with us and helped us with our timeline, our picture coordination, and she worked with our videographers as if they were all one team! My husband and I are so thankful to of had such a talented, responsive, and caring photographer on our most important day! Thank you!

Sent on 01/31/2016
  • User4191025 · 2+ years ago

Our pictures were seriously amazing. Dana is fabulous. I can't recommend her enough as a photographer for someone's special day. Everything was very laid back and fun but also organized and to the point which was important to me. I didn't want to spend the entire day trying to round up everyone for pictures. She was so easy to work with and everything fell into place. My husband didn't even complain too much (and he hates pictures). She returned our pictures in a timely manner and I had so many compliments. She captured the entire day perfectly from getting ready with my best friends to dancing the night way on the dance floor. I couldn't have asked for someone better to capture our love together. Everything looked so natural! She is also very knowledgable and knew exactly where pictures would turn out with certain light and found secret spots that were absolutely beautiful !

Sent on 01/30/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2015

Choosing a photographer is perhaps one of the most important decisions of the wedding planning process. Once I reviewed Dana's portfolio and spoke with her, I knew she was the photographer for me. Her photos are absolutely gorgeous and timeless. I did not want trendy photos, but photos I would love in 50 years, and Dana blew my expectations out of the water. She has a talent for lighting- each photo captures the light beautifully and she seemed to get every moment of the wedding day. We got married during the Nights of Lights in St. Augustine so we wanted some nighttime photos- and WOW! Not many people can create a beautiful photo shoot at night, but Dana certainly did. Aside from her talent, Dana is so sweet and personable- a true pleasure to work with (and that's very important when you are spending 10+hours with a person). Thank you for everything, Dana! We will treasure these photos and memories!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Laura · Married on 10/10/2015

Dana was an absolutely amazing photographer!! No only were her photos stunning, she was so professional. Booking Dana was one of the best choices we made regarding our wedding planning :-)

Sent on 02/02/2016