17 Reviews for Dan McGuire Group

Microphones (3)
Learning New Songs (2)
Lighting (1)
17 Dan McGuire Group Reviews

The Dan McGuire Group was amazing! From the day we booked them until days after, they truly provided the best experience we could have asked for. Not only do they sound great, the level of professionalism and flexibility are unmatched. The Dan McGuire Group truly made us feel we had absolutely nothing to worry about, and we didn't! I can't recommend these group of guys enough and people from our wedding are STILL talking about how good they were! Great Job guys!

Profile Picture Joey, 1/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

These guys are awesome! We had a problem with a different band who had double booked us which left us hanging without a band at the last minute, and the Dan McGuire Group came in and saved the day. Their detailed prep process made sure everything was laid out perfectly. After the wedding, a few of our guests told us that many of the songs that they thought were being DJ'd, were actually being performed by the band! These guys are truly talented. We highly recommend them!
-Paul and Amy

Profile Picture Paul, 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

We can't say enough about the Dan McGuire Group and DJ Jon Smithfield!!! Booking with the Dan McGuire Group was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. We had more compliments about the band and DJ than any other aspect of the wedding. Our dance floor was packed for the entire night, and our guests commented that it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. The Dan McGuire Group really knows how to mix songs and entertainment for all ages. From the very moment we booked with the Dan McGuire Group, we felt comfortable and informed throughout the entire process. Even when it began to rain during our cocktail hour, they seamlessly transitioned into the indoor reception area to play music for our guests. What we are most thankful for is that Dan McGuire learned a song for us that he played acoustic during our wedding ceremony that left many of our guests in tears. It was perfect. If you want a wedding reception that is full of dancing, laughter, and fun, book the Dan McGuire Group ASAP. It will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding day!!! Thank you so much for everything, Amanda & David

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

DJ Jon was absolutely fantastic! From planning to execution, our wedding music went off without a hitch. Jon was such a fun person to work with and honored each of our requests from ceremony A/V, cocktail hour and dinner music, to keeping the party going all through reception. Jon had never played at our venue and went the extra mile to meet us weeks in advance on location to scout all logistics. His equipment and coordination were flawless, and we highly recommend choosing Jon for your next event -- you will NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture User7496182, Recently Married, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

The Dan McGuire Group is awesome. They did an amazing job at our wedding. All of our guests enjoyed it and they got everyone up and dancing. We used both the band and DJ and they did everything we wanted for our day.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Dan McGuire group performed at our daughters wedding he was fabulous. We really enjoyed working with them. Thanks Danny for the awesome evening of music

Profile Picture Carol, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Jon was extremely helpful leading up to the big day, answering all of our questions and helping us walk through the evening by giving us suggestions of music and flow! The day of the band showed up early, sound checked with ease and were ready to roll when last minute changes were made to the timeline. Dan is a super talented singer and can do pretty much any genre! A mix of DJ and Band really fit our demographic and had everyone on the dancefloor all night, as well as enjoying it from afar as some of our guests preferred. It really made the night and I would recommend them to anyone!!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Lighting, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The Dan McGuire Group was easily one of the best parts of our wedding. Not only were they accommodating to all of our needs, but they flat out can PLAY. They played fun dancing music and people were literally on the dance floor the entire night. In addition, they also provided wonderful music before the ceremony started that people were able to listen to comfortably. Then, Danny crushed it in acoustic versions of 2 songs that I had asked him to play while people were walking down the aisle. In my Life and Canon in D were beautiful pieces for Danny to play.
I have been getting feedback everyday from people about how great the music was at my wedding. I will admit, I was dancing the whole time so they must've been doing something great. I advise you, if you want a great time and a group who is accommodating and catering to your needs, hire the Dan McGuire Group. Danny's voice is something you want etched in your memory as a part of your wedding!!

Emily and Mike---August 2017

Profile Picture Emily, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Incredible. We could not have dreamed of a better band/dj for our wedding. They made our entire wedding the epic event we had hoped it would be.
From the beginning they were so easy to work with and the responsiveness before the wedding was immediate. They were without a doubt the most pleasant vendor we worked with for our wedding. They are absolute pros.
The ceremony music we chose was all custom and they executed it flawlessly. Our ceremony was the magical moment we wanted and I directly attribute that to dj who operated all the sound at our outdoor wedding. They music was at the perfect sound level to accent the beautiful outdoor setting.
Then the reception...
The DJ hit all of the speeches, the dances, etc. with effortless timing just as we had wanted, without us having to ask for anything. We even asked to have dessert served "whenever it feels right," and it was perfectly timed.
As for the music from the band... it was absolutely incredible. Nearly every person at the wedding was dancing for the entire reception only breaking to hydrate and then get back out there. We got the most compliments about our wedding on how great the band was. They blew our guests away.

They were by far our best investment in our wedding. You get soooooo much more than you pay for and I am sure our family will be talking about them for years to come, we know we will.

Profile Picture Collin, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Dan McGuire Group put on a great show! The wedding coordinators, who see many bands a yea,r thought they did an AMAZING job! Honored to spend the best day of my life with this talented band.

Profile Picture Christian, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

If you're looking for the best band and DJ combo for your wedding, look no further! The Dan McGuire Group and Jonathan Smithfield were wonderful to work with. There is so much stress surrounding a wedding, but I knew we had the music in good hands. Leading up to the wedding, they always responded to inquiries immediately and even had us put together a day of worksheet. It made things go so smoothly. Jonathan made sure he had all the details so all aspects of the reception were on time. And the music was amazing! The band had all of our guests out of their chairs and on the dance floor. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Everyone is still talking about the music. Book them today!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/18/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

I wish I could give these guys a higher score! Especially for flexibility! We were behind schedule when we arrived to the reception. The group did a great job keeping us on track when we got there and really adjusted everything perfectly. It's been a month since our wedding and people are STILL coming to me and telling me how much they loved our music selection. So much fun from the beginning to end. I also was having a hard time picking out music for the ceremony and all the little music details needed for weddings. They were very patient and helpful and were able to take my vague descriptions of what I wanted and match it perfectly. 100% recommendation from me and my husband!

Profile Picture Jackie, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We used DJ Smitty from the Dan McGuire group to DJ our wedding and couldn't have been happier with his services. He was very professional and easy to work with. We had DJ Smitty pick all the music out for us so we had one less thing to worry about on our big day. We couldnt have been more pleased with the variety and selection he choose. I would with out a doubt use DJ Smitty again and recommend anyone looking for a professional easy going person to host there venue to contact the Dan McGuire group

Profile Picture Zach, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Jon (DJ Smitty) , Wow, what a whirlwind life has been. I can't believe our wedding day has come and gone so quickly that that we are already back from the honeymoon. The wedding day was everything and more we could have asked for, and we can't stop gushing about our fabulous day. Thank you SO much for being a part of our special day. We got endless compliments on our DJ and the music! We loved what you played, and how you were with us and our crowd, and we will highly recommend you to any one we know getting married! Thank you again for being such a large contributor to our wedding, we appreciate your fun, talent and ability to be personable with our crowd! We appreciate you spending our July 4th wedding with us, and for giving us a great, unique really special DJ experience. We hope to see you around downtown Frederick!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I HAVE NEVER SEEN EVERY SINGLE PERSON AT THE WEDDING UP AND DANCING- AWESOME TIME, GUYS!
My fiance and I a tthe time, had gone out for a fun night in Frederick, MD. We were talking at a bar, but slowly stopped, as we both heard the band come on and how strong they sounded. As we looked at each other, saying "Aww baby, a live band at our wedding would be so much fun!", we could not stop just paying attention to the band. "These guys sound awesome!" "This band is actually good out here!" ... .... We were overheard by Dan's girfriend when I asked my fiance, Natalie, "I wonder if they do weddings?" She chimed in, and sinformed us that she thinks they have never done a wedding before. As we were telling ourselves "No way!" we asked Dan's girlfriend, "You think they would?" We found out they were from Bel Air, MD, just like us, and we exchanged numbers, and Dan's girlfriend assured us "just talk to him when he comes over to the bar." We got to talking, exchanged some more numbers, gave Dan a rough idea of what we were looking for, etc. Next thing I know, were compiling a list of songs, seeing which ones Dan could possibly do and not do- all that stuff. Before we knew it, Dan was having practices, keeping us in the loop as to what they've nailed down, a simple contract was drawn up, and the Dan McGuire Group got to do their first wedding!
They brought a personal friend of theirs, their own MC, who was very capable of the intros, the lineups, you know- keeping things going for first dances, etc. Throughout all of it, I have never had so much fun. Every single person- little kids, older people- EVERYONE- was up and dancing, having a great time. All we heard for the next few weeks was how awesome the wedding was, and "oh-- the band too! They killed it!" Great job, Dan McGuire, to you and all of your mates. I know I won't ever personally need you for another wedding, but we would want you at every wedding I go to in the future!

Profile Picture Andrew, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

My husband and I are college friends of Dan, and when we got engaged he offered to play our first dance at our wedding. Of course, we said yes, and of course he had an amazing performance! But during the planning process it evolved into him also playing a few songs for our ceremony. My husband and I are very big Forrest Gump fans, so we really wanted my walk down the aisle to the theme song of Forrest Gump, which is a beautiful instrumental song. Dan was of course up for the challenge, although it was not his normal type of performance or a song that he knew. He killed it!!! That moment was hands down the best moment in our entire wedding for Jake and I. Behind closed doors with my dad holding my arm, getting ready to walk down the aisle to marry the love of my life...nothing was better than hearing that song begin! He did a beautiful job and brought most of the room to tears! To end our ceremony we decided on one of our favorite songs on Dan's regular playlist..."I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"...and again he absolutely nailed it!!! The energy in the room went from sappy wedding, to let's Party!!!!! I wish we had Dan play the whole wedding, but of course we wanted him to enjoy our wedding as a guest as well. Dan has amazing energy and talent, and was such a great addition to such an amazing day. Thank you for being part of our big day Dan!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 1/24/15, 2 Reviews