Dan McGuire Group Reviews

Dan McGuire Group 7
  • Erica

Erica Wolf · Getting married on 05/02/2020

Totally Awesome!

Just booked The Dan McGuire group for our wedding in May of 2020! So excited to have them play at our wedding. First discovered them at a bar in Frederick, from that first time seeing them perform my friends and I have loved their energy and talent!

They have been amazing about being in contact with me and my fiance. They have great ideas on their contract, are willing to answer all questions, quick with responding, and are totally willing to work to make our wedding request/dreams come true!

On top of the guys being a talented band, but for weddings they travel with an expert wedding DJ to keep the guest moving and interested all night long!

Can't wait for our wedding and to dance the night away to the talent of The Dan McGuire Group!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Debbie

Debbie Haight Mccarty · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Absolutely amazing!

I originally hesitated to hire the Dan McGuire Group because my daughter's wedding was in Charleston so we had the additional cost of travel for the Group. But when I started looking at the cost of having to hire someone to play the ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and also a DJ to fill in the breaks, it was a no brainer to hire these guys! They did everything and even did the sound for the celebrant and I didn't have to worry about anything. They were all totally amazing and really gave my daughter and new son-in-law the party they really wanted. If you don't select these guys, you will miss out on the best band. EVER. Dan's vocal range is amazing and their song list is awesome PLUS they will even learn some songs just for you. Had my daughter crying during the father/daughter dance as they performed a special song my husband requested. I can't say enough about how great these guys were!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Dan McGuire Group 8
    Dan McGuire Group 9
  • Z

Zach Rataj · Married on 07/20/2019

Dan McGuire Group

These guys blew the roof off of the place. The dance floor was packed all night! We’re so accommodating and nice, not to mention extremely talented and professional. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would. Amazing band and DJ combo!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/20/2019

Love them!

I swear- I danced the entire freaking night with these guys... I seriously didn’t want to spend the money for a band but my husband won that argument... and I’m glad he did! Our wedding would not have been half as good without them. The dance floor was PACKED. Just book them. Do it!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Jessie Lichtenstein · Married on 06/23/2019

Fantastic!!!

Dan and Jon were extremely accommodating and were more than willing to help with anything that was needed. When the night of our wedding came, the band absolutely made the cocktail hour and reception! I got so many compliments about how great the band was and how amazing the songs were played. I more than highly recommend them. They’ll make your event unforgettable!!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey Nicholls · Married on 06/22/2019

June 22nd wedding at Springfield Manor Thurmont, MD

The Dan McGuire Group was the perfect choice for our wedding. We mostly made plans through Jon and had a phone conference with Dan and Jon together to go over what we wanted. They are so professional and thorough. Their spreadsheets for planning the reception had things I never would have thought of. They handle the ceremony music, cocktail hour music and emcee the entire wedding and kept everything on track. I love that they DJ as well as have a live band. They also worked with our officiant and the sound equipment she needed. They were so flexible with allowing my brothers to perform the songs for our first dances. I believe they are fairly priced for all that they do. Everyone LOVED them and we had so much fun at our wedding because of them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Thanks again! -Aubrey & Marco Ghirardelli

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Dan McGuire Group 15
    Dan McGuire Group 16

Kathleen · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Band!

Dan McGuire group really made our wedding. They did beautiful acoustic music for the ceremony and cocktail hour and the full band for the dancing and reception. The unique part of this group is they have a professional DJ that will DJ the band breaks and their DJ acts as the MS and coordinator. We had a different timeline/set up for our wedding and without Jon helping to coordinate I know something would have went wrong! They are extremely easy to work with, responsive and they learned special songs for us - performed them perfectly. If you are looking to have your dance floor packed all night this is the band/DJ for you!!!!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely amazing for our wedding!

The only downside is that, as the bride and groom, you will be extremely jealous that all of your guests get to enjoy them for the entire event while you are off taking pictures, etc.! We used the DMG for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and it was one of our best decisions for our wedding! The planning process was seamless and by having Dan and the band and Jon as DJ, you get the best of both worlds and do not have to compromise on the pros/cons of band versus DJ. Plus the music was just amazing! Both Dan and Jon excel at what they do and they keep the energy high throughout the entire event. In addition, they provide you with a bunch of fun ideas that can make your reception that much more memorable, will learn some songs for you and were easy for other vendors to work with as far as hooking up to sound, etc. Thanks again! - Sarah and Daniel

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 05/17/2019

Best wedding band!

We cannot say enough, and our guests have continually stated that the music choice for our wedding was perfect. The Dan McGuire group and DJ Jon were absolute professionals, Jon handled all of the MC'ing and ceremony music. Dan and the band handled cocktail hour and main entertainment during our reception. Having a live band that can totally rock and cover modern and a wide variety of songs really kept our dance floor rocking all night long. We had guests of all ages who had nothing but positive feedback.
    We cannot recommend them enough. Do not hesitate to book them and get excited for one of the best days and parties you are going to have!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Dan McGuire Group 17
    Dan McGuire Group 18
    Dan McGuire Group 19
    Dan McGuire Group 20
    Dan McGuire Group 21
    Dan McGuire Group 22

Nick Lillo · Married on 11/02/2018

Great live music, professional DJ/AV services

Dan and Jon did spectacular jobs as both a live music act and DJ/AV coordinator (respectively) during our wedding.

Jon was attentive and scheduled multiple calls with us before our date to make sure we were all on the same page. What was really impressing about Jon was how he handled a last-minute (literally, minute) change of our ceremony from an outdoor site to a nearby indoor site due to inclement weather. On SUCH short notice, Jon hustled to get music playing while our guests found their new seats while getting three mics set up at the new location. He minimized the transition time and made the whole situation feel very natural.

After the ceremony, Dan played during our cocktail hour. He chose fun, upbeat songs that set the mood. I had people coming up to me all night telling me how fun it was to have live music.

Dan and Jon were absolute pros and we can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Amie · Married on 10/06/2018

10/10 - would recommend

A super talented group of guys. I would pick them over and over again for my wedding.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Nancy · Married on 10/06/2018

These guys are incredible in all aspects of our wedding

When it comes down to it, the one thing that can make or break your wedding and reception is your choice of music / DJ vendor. Dan McGuire group ran our daughter's wedding and reception flawlessly. They kept the entire process flowing and the dance floor packed. The crowd was engaged and everyone had a great time. We had many folks say it was one of the best weddings they had been to.. that's thanks to Dan. BTW.. this is the second wedding he has done for us and the first one was just as amazing. I would highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Brooke · Married on 06/22/2018

These guys rock. Stop thinking about it and just book them. Jon and Dan simply know what they are doing, and excel at it - as does the band they brought with them. Their musical selections for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were perfect. Not only did they fit the mood of each individual piece of the day perfectly, but they learned countless songs specifically for us, and knocked them out of the park.

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Dan McGuire Group 23
    Dan McGuire Group 24
    Dan McGuire Group 25

Joey · Married on 01/13/2018

The Dan McGuire Group was amazing! From the day we booked them until days after, they truly provided the best experience we could have asked for. Not only do they sound great, the level of professionalism and flexibility are unmatched. The Dan McGuire Group truly made us feel we had absolutely nothing to worry about, and we didn't! I can't recommend these group of guys enough and people from our wedding are STILL talking about how good they were! Great Job guys!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Paul · Married on 12/15/2017

These guys are awesome! We had a problem with a different band who had double booked us which left us hanging without a band at the last minute, and the Dan McGuire Group came in and saved the day. Their detailed prep process made sure everything was laid out perfectly. After the wedding, a few of our guests told us that many of the songs that they thought were being DJ'd, were actually being performed by the band! These guys are truly talented. We highly recommend them!
    -Paul and Amy

Sent on 12/27/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

We can't say enough about the Dan McGuire Group and DJ Jon Smithfield!!! Booking with the Dan McGuire Group was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. We had more compliments about the band and DJ than any other aspect of the wedding. Our dance floor was packed for the entire night, and our guests commented that it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. The Dan McGuire Group really knows how to mix songs and entertainment for all ages. From the very moment we booked with the Dan McGuire Group, we felt comfortable and informed throughout the entire process. Even when it began to rain during our cocktail hour, they seamlessly transitioned into the indoor reception area to play music for our guests. What we are most thankful for is that Dan McGuire learned a song for us that he played acoustic during our wedding ceremony that left many of our guests in tears. It was perfect. If you want a wedding reception that is full of dancing, laughter, and fun, book the Dan McGuire Group ASAP. It will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding day!!! Thank you so much for everything, Amanda & David

Sent on 12/20/2017

Meg · Married on 10/21/2017

DJ Jon was absolutely fantastic! From planning to execution, our wedding music went off without a hitch. Jon was such a fun person to work with and honored each of our requests from ceremony A/V, cocktail hour and dinner music, to keeping the party going all through reception. Jon had never played at our venue and went the extra mile to meet us weeks in advance on location to scout all logistics. His equipment and coordination were flawless, and we highly recommend choosing Jon for your next event -- you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Megan · Married on 10/20/2017

The Dan McGuire Group is awesome. They did an amazing job at our wedding. All of our guests enjoyed it and they got everyone up and dancing. We used both the band and DJ and they did everything we wanted for our day.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Carol · Married on 10/20/2017

Dan McGuire group performed at our daughters wedding he was fabulous. We really enjoyed working with them. Thanks Danny for the awesome evening of music

Sent on 12/05/2017

Taylor · Married on 09/23/2017

Jon was extremely helpful leading up to the big day, answering all of our questions and helping us walk through the evening by giving us suggestions of music and flow! The day of the band showed up early, sound checked with ease and were ready to roll when last minute changes were made to the timeline. Dan is a super talented singer and can do pretty much any genre! A mix of DJ and Band really fit our demographic and had everyone on the dancefloor all night, as well as enjoying it from afar as some of our guests preferred. It really made the night and I would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Emily · Married on 08/04/2017

The Dan McGuire Group was easily one of the best parts of our wedding. Not only were they accommodating to all of our needs, but they flat out can PLAY. They played fun dancing music and people were literally on the dance floor the entire night. In addition, they also provided wonderful music before the ceremony started that people were able to listen to comfortably. Then, Danny crushed it in acoustic versions of 2 songs that I had asked him to play while people were walking down the aisle. In my Life and Canon in D were beautiful pieces for Danny to play.
    I have been getting feedback everyday from people about how great the music was at my wedding. I will admit, I was dancing the whole time so they must've been doing something great. I advise you, if you want a great time and a group who is accommodating and catering to your needs, hire the Dan McGuire Group. Danny's voice is something you want etched in your memory as a part of your wedding!!

Emily and Mike---August 2017

Sent on 08/10/2017

Collin · Married on 06/24/2017

Incredible. We could not have dreamed of a better band/dj for our wedding. They made our entire wedding the epic event we had hoped it would be.
    From the beginning they were so easy to work with and the responsiveness before the wedding was immediate. They were without a doubt the most pleasant vendor we worked with for our wedding. They are absolute pros.
    The ceremony music we chose was all custom and they executed it flawlessly. Our ceremony was the magical moment we wanted and I directly attribute that to dj who operated all the sound at our outdoor wedding. They music was at the perfect sound level to accent the beautiful outdoor setting.
    Then the reception...
    The DJ hit all of the speeches, the dances, etc. with effortless timing just as we had wanted, without us having to ask for anything. We even asked to have dessert served "whenever it feels right," and it was perfectly timed.
    As for the music from the band... it was absolutely incredible. Nearly every person at the wedding was dancing for the entire reception only breaking to hydrate and then get back out there. We got the most compliments about our wedding on how great the band was. They blew our guests away.

They were by far our best investment in our wedding. You get soooooo much more than you pay for and I am sure our family will be talking about them for years to come, we know we will.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Christian · Married on 06/18/2017

The Dan McGuire Group put on a great show! The wedding coordinators, who see many bands a yea,r thought they did an AMAZING job! Honored to spend the best day of my life with this talented band.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/18/2017

If you're looking for the best band and DJ combo for your wedding, look no further! The Dan McGuire Group and Jonathan Smithfield were wonderful to work with. There is so much stress surrounding a wedding, but I knew we had the music in good hands. Leading up to the wedding, they always responded to inquiries immediately and even had us put together a day of worksheet. It made things go so smoothly. Jonathan made sure he had all the details so all aspects of the reception were on time. And the music was amazing! The band had all of our guests out of their chairs and on the dance floor. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Everyone is still talking about the music. Book them today!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Jackie · Married on 06/03/2017

I wish I could give these guys a higher score! Especially for flexibility! We were behind schedule when we arrived to the reception. The group did a great job keeping us on track when we got there and really adjusted everything perfectly. It's been a month since our wedding and people are STILL coming to me and telling me how much they loved our music selection. So much fun from the beginning to end. I also was having a hard time picking out music for the ceremony and all the little music details needed for weddings. They were very patient and helpful and were able to take my vague descriptions of what I wanted and match it perfectly. 100% recommendation from me and my husband!

Sent on 07/07/2017