D&RFilms Reviews

39 | Sarasota, FL

39 Reviews for D&RFilms

39 D&RFilms Reviews

Keisha · Married on 07/08/2018

Michael was amazing. He takes beautiful pictures and fed off our vibe. He tried to give us what we wanted and not his view of our wedding. He is such a nice guy and an absolute pleasure to work with. Our wedding pictures were available by the time we got back from our honeymoon. The only negative thing I can say is that I got tired of smiling, but that's not his fault.

His pricing was very affordable. Well worth the cost.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

While planning our wedding, my husband and I didn't know if we wanted a Videographer to capture our special day. We had heard good things about having one and we knew we would never regret the decision of having a video to look back on so on we went with our research of finding a Videographer. Because we were a little late in the game (about 6 months prior to wedding), a lot of vendors were already booked up or were extremely out of our price range. Eventually, I came upon D&R Films and noticed they were based out of Jacksonville (our wedding was on Jekyll Island, so not too far from Jax). I reached out and Michael responded very quickly asking what our needs were. He created a custom package that fit our needs AND our budget. I was thrilled! Finally, the big day was here and while we are all getting ready in the hotel room, Michael shows up, not on time, but almost an HOUR early! I was blown away as I had booked him for a specific time but didn't expect him until then. He got a lot of great shots of us finishing getting ready and then went with my husband and I to do our first look. He worked very well with our photographers that we booked and never got in the way of the photos. He totally surprised me and brought a drone which was so amazing!! The shots he got on that are breathtaking!! He did a great job of capturing our special day and got everything that I wanted on our video. It did take about 6 months to receive the final video, but it was definitely worth the wait! Thank you so much for all your hard work! We love our wedding video and I have already recommended you to others!

• AG2005

Sydni · Married on 04/09/2016

Michael was such a joy to have as our videographer! When we started planning we didn't think we would be able to have a videographer due to budget restraints. However, we both felt it was too important to pass up. Michael worked with us so that we could find a package that was affordable for us. We cannot wait for our video but we know that it will be amazing! Michael was like a little fly on the wall getting shots of us when we didn't expect it and when we needed guidance he did just that. Michael thank you for being part of our day!

Michael did a top notch job capturing my daughter's wedding from start to finish it is all there and he helped her stay well within her budget! Then months after the ceremony, I really wanted a few pictures that he had captured so well that were missing from the photographer's selections and with immediate response they fulfilled my every request the day I made it! This is an excellent vendor to consider for your special occasion!

Catherine · Married on 11/09/2014

Mark was absolutely fantastic! He came into town from a shooting a wedding out of state the day before and offered to go straight to our hotel in order to capture some getting ready moments even though it technically wasn't included in our time. He realized it was important to me and was willing to work with us. In the end, it didn't work out because our schedule was pretty hectic, but the fact that he was willing to do it when I know he had to be exhausted was so meaningful. He was always very quick to respond to any emails, very funny and down to earth as well. During the entire evening we never even noticed he was there. Like a ninja, he made his way through the night capturing sweet and funny moments that we would have missed otherwise. The quality of the video is more than we could have hoped for! We received a cohesive video that was just over an hour long and included every moment we needed. It even had about 20 minutes of cut scenes as an extra bonus.

Sharmeen · Married on 04/13/2014

Michael and Sheena were AMAZING to work with. I was very tight on my budget and almost wasn't able to get the videography service, however Michael was very helpful in ensuring I was able to at least get coverage on my wedding day (we had 3 days of celebration). The teaser that was created for our wedding made every viewer tear up in addition to the bride crying a river of happy tears :) I have already referred D&R Films to a couple of people and will continue to do so for years to come. They were awesome!

Brittany · Married on 03/15/2014

Michael was amazing! When I almost had to forget having a videographer because of my budget, Michael worked with me and got details just where we needed them! I would recommend him to anyone. He was very quick to respond when I had questions, did everything exactly like he said, worked with a budget, and sent the perfect video!!! AWESOME JOB:)

Lola · Married on 12/14/2013

I could have not selected a better videographer/photographer for our daughter's wedding. Michael and Sheena are patient, professional, and so easy to work with whatever event you are planning.All of our guests were pleased with their ability to be everywhere to take pictures, yet be unobtrusive. They have made us very happy. We have one more daughter so I plan on using them for the next wedding!!

Monique · Married on 09/15/2013

I didn't even know that it was possible to have a wedding video like that. I feel like I didn't just get a "video" of my wedding but it was an actual movie. Michael captured so many details that I didn't get to see but now I do. Michael was so sweet, punctual and attentive to my needs. Him and Sheena did a fabulous job with the editing and the teaser...AMAZING! If you want someone that will knock your socks off you have got to hire D&RFilms. I would hire them 100 times over! Thank you so much Michael and Sheena!

Jill · Married on 09/14/2013

Michael was great. He did an amazing job and was so easy and fun to work with! I strongly recommend him :)

Tina · Married on 09/06/2013

My husband and I loved working with Michael and Sheena of D&R Films for my wedding! They were professional, on-time and really made the difference in the set-up of my wedding. Once the wedding began, they were not in the way at all, and really caught some pivotal moments in our special day. We received our film from Michael via mail in the expected time indicated on the contract, but it was worth every bit of the wait. From the music selections, to the animated movie titles, to the scenes he put together and the portions of the film where people's conversation were muted, everything was absolutely perfect. It is true that you get what you pay for, and the price for a D&R Films production is truly an investment I consider well worth it. I would recommend Michael & Sheena to anyone who wants a solid production of their event.

Ashley · Married on 06/29/2013

My husband and I were engaged in December of 2012 and as the wedding planning began everything was happening so quickly. With a 7 month engagement we knew that it would be quite difficult to book certain vendors for our wedding. Initially we were not going to hire a videographer; however, as the wedding approached my dad was really pushing for one. With little time to spare, my mom took a chance and gave Michael a call...he said YES (I think it was about 3 months before we said I DO)! Let me tell you....I don't know how we ever thought we could go without them. D&R Films not only captured our big day, but their professionalism and flexibility was incredible. I don't think any company could do what they did - the teaser alone was more than we could have imagined. I had family all over telling me how beautifully they captured the entire day in just a minute and half. I would recommend D&R Films to anyone!! Nearly 4 months later I still get chills/tears watching the teaser. The greatest part is receiving the complete DVD package in the mail. They package it up with some popcorn and candies - it was the cutest. Then we had to take a double take of the actual DVDs because the covers look exactly like a movie you would buy at the store. I could go on and on, but they were lovely to work with and I am so happy that they were able to squeeze us into their schedule in such a short time frame. We are forever grateful for the memories. Thank you!!!

Michael was great to work with. He captured everything we wanted at our wedding, and we were thrilled with the final product!!

Renee · Married on 05/04/2013

D&R Films is amazing! Michael and Sheena are a pleasure to work with. They were so receptive to what we wanted and made sure that our wedding video was perfect. We had only paid for one videographer and Michael and Sheena BOTH came! And to top it off, our wedding photographer failed to deliver quality images and Michael and Sheena were so kind to provide me with all of the still shots that they had captured. I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with.

Cassandra · Married on 04/27/2013

Great quality video. We had our teaser trailer within a couple days after the wedding, which was great, and the full video within 2 months after the wedding. Michael was very professional and offered a package for winter weddings that was a fantastic value. His wife also ended up filming us on our wedding day for no additional charge-- that was a nice surprise! He was very responsive to emails, as well.

It was a pleasure working with Michael of D&R Films. Very responsive and easy to talk with. His humor and vision was right up our alley. After viewing his previous work, we knew D&R Films would do a fantastic job for our wedding video - and that they did! Our teaser video had us chomping at the bit for the full length film and once we watched our full length, we could not stop smiling (and laughing)! All we could ask for and MORE! Thank you x million!

Katie · Married on 12/27/2012

D&R Films is AMAZING! Michael filmed our wedding and was great. As promised, we got our teaser trailer within a month after our wedding. It was AWESOME! Michael interviewed my fiance and edited together clips from our wedding day and to make the awesome 3-4 minute teaser trailer. We can't wait to get the full length version of our wedding film. I'm so glad we made room in our budget for D&R Films. We surprised our family and guests with a dancing recessional that couldn't be captured the same in pictures as it is with video. We are 100% satisfied with D&R Films. If you can fit it into your budget, hire D&R Films!

Monica · Married on 12/08/2012

When we were planning our wedding we really struggled trying to decide if we needed a videographer. We did some research and checked on some different companies in North Georgia. After watching countless videos on-line we decided that we liked D&R Films the best so we contacted them with some questions. They were very helpful and quick to reply to our e-mails. We booked them for our wedding and we are so pleased. We love our wedding video!!! It’s it so well put together that it looks like a movie. They captured moments that, as a bride, I didn’t get to see like wedding party walking into the church. It means a lot to have these precious moments on video so we can watch it for many years to come. I will definitely recommend D&R Films to family and friends. Michael and Sheena have amazing talent and an eye for detail that every bride will love!!!

Kimberley · Married on 07/12/2012

We had Michael video tape our ceremony up until our first dance. He showed up a little early and was able to capture the moments before the ceremony when we were all joking around, which is nice to be able to look back and remember.

The song that I walked down the aisle to was not as expected, and so I asked Michael to record a different song over that part of the video, which he did. And it came out nicely! I also really liked the fact that he emailed me asking if we had any favorite songs that we wanted on the video because the ones that he chose weren't to his liking. So I emailed him a few because we didn't know which "one" song to chose. To my surprise, he ended up using all of the songs, and it's nice to watch the video and know that we had a part in that.

Lastly, since we only had him record the ceremony up until our first dance, there wasn't really that much time because our ceremony was less than 30 minutes. However, the way that he edited the video was perfect and it didn't feel rushed. So we would definitely recommend him!

I would give D&RFilms 10 stars if I could! My husband and I decided to legally marry before our scheduled wedding due to unique circumstances. The night before, we contacted Michael to see if he was available to film our ceremony. Because of my husband's schedule, we had to change the time of our ceremony on a weekday about 5 times, and Michael was so flexible. He even offered us a military discount! He delivered a product that was beyond what we imagined. We couldn't believe what he created from a few minutes of footage from our ceremony! Our experience with Michael and the film he produced made our intimate marriage ceremony that much more memorable--and now we can go back and watch it to relive that day over and over. So many wonderful things to say about D&RFilms. We can't wait to use Michael and his team for our wedding!

Brittany · Married on 09/24/2011

My wedding video from d&r is incredible! I highly recommend using d&r; they are worth every penny! Very affordable, and the best quality imaginable!

Andrea · Married on 06/04/2011

Michael and Sheena from D & R Films are unquestionably the best videographers ever. I have worked with a number of other videographers both personally and professionally and have never been so p,eased. Not only is their work so professionally produced, but they always did what they said they would do. They were always on time, ready to catch the perfect shots and so flexible. They traveled with us as the weekend progressed and were still always ready. Another great thing was that at each event of the weekend, people were always surprised to know that we had a videographer at work since Michael and Sheena were at all times quietly doing what they do best without any disruption of the parties and ceremonies. I cannot say enough about how pleased I have been throughout this whole process. If you want top quality, this is the company to use.

Kara · Married on 05/07/2011

D&R Films did an amazing job! We couldn't be happier with our finished product! They also produced a "trailer" teezer while we anxiously awaited our dvds. We were able to post to facebook and share with friends and family! The DVDs are professionally designed with Menu, Chapters, Bonus features, ect. They did a great job and now we have a DVD to share with family and friends that weren't able to make it to the wedding. Both our parents have a DVD and we have a DVD and blueray copy. They attended the rehearsal and miked the groom so the video has footage from the beginning to the end and you can hear everything loud and clear, including when I asked my husband where the unity sand was during the ceremony ; ) They were a pleasure to work with, and if you think you don't have room in your budget, think again! They are super affordable and worth every penny!

corlis · Married on 03/20/2011

D&R are the best videographers!!!!!!!!!!! You can not go wrong with using their services. After searching for months I finally found the best videographers. Brides you need to use them you will be so pleased with the service...100% guaranteed. I will always use them for any other event that I may have in the future.