D Play Band Reviews

D Play Band 6
D Play Band 7

Buz Smith · Married on 01/27/2019

Awesome Experince!!!!

Awesome band! They played at both of my daughters weddings!!
    The party loved dancing with them!! Fun times for sure!

Lane Balzli · Married on 12/29/2018

Absolutely amazing!

D-Play was absolutely amazing at our wedding!!! Super fun, energetic, engaging, and talented group!!! They had everyone on the dance floor from the moment the reception started until the very end of the night!! I highly recommend them for any event!!!

Tiffany Harris · Married on 11/24/2018

Unforgettable

They were professional, organized and most importantly the best band ever! They were on the dance floor with everyone interacting with the crowd. The music was amazing and they kept the crowd going until midnight! They were especially accommodating when it came to learning songs we requested and helped us surprise the groom with a special guest (Bully from MSU!). Can’t say enough great things about this band, definitely recommend hiring for your wedding day!

D Play Band 9
    D Play Band 10

jack · Married on 11/03/2018

DPlay is the best band in NOLA

I’m a firm believer that the music is at least 60% of what makes a wedding fun and enjoyable. Sara and I didn’t just want to have a great wedding, we wanted it to be unforgettable. I’ve got to be honest, DPlay absolutely crushed it! From a business acumen standpoint, John was very responsive via email and phone. He also made time to meet with us when we came into NOLA from Chicago.

At the reception, they played everything from Drake and Rihanna to John Legend and Justin Timberlake. Their song list is very long and extremely diverse so they can tailor the music to any crowd. They also have a tremendous feel for the audience and what types of songs everyone is into. I really enjoyed how they were interactive with the guests and singing on the dance floor.

There were multiple times during the start of certain songs when our guests were losing their minds and so excited about what song they were playing. After the reception, everyone raved about DPlay and how that was the most fun they’ve had at a wedding and that our band was incredible.

If you have a younger crowd that likes hip hop, then DPlay is the band you need to hire. If you care for more traditional wedding music, but you want it to be a lively atmosphere, hire DPlay.

DPlay exceeded our expectations and we couldn’t thank them enough for making our wedding the best night ever.

Veronica Trout · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Wedding

We had our dream wedding and DPlay was a big part of our night. Our guests had a blast and couldn’t believe how wonderful the band was during the reception.

Sent on 10/22/2018

D Play Band's reply:

Thank you Veronica. We had a BLAST with you and your guests. We hope to see you in Florida again soon!

Tony · Married on 09/02/2018

The best wedding band out there. Not even a close second!

Sent on 10/22/2018

D Play Band's reply:

Tony, we appreciate the kind words. It was so much fun creating your dream with every detail of the ceremony, reception, and after party.

susan · Married on 08/18/2018

If you are looking for a high energy band that makes the crowd dance all night, D Play is it. Our family and friends love to stay on the dance floor and that is what we did from beginning to end. Communication with John was easy and efficient.
    Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    D Play Band 11

D Play Band's reply:

Thank you so much Susan. We had a BALL with you!!!

Beverly · Married on 07/14/2018

The best!

Absolutely Amazing!!! This band knows how to bring the party! That’s just what my husband and I wanted. So many people have told us they did not leave the dance floor and they had the best time! I told them that was what we wanted... and DPLAY made it happen! They are so fun and so easy to work with! If you want to have the time of your life and your guests to as well... CHOOSE DPLAY!

Grace · Married on 06/30/2018

I had done a ton of research for a band as that was my #1 priority (making sure my guests danced all night long!) and I heard nothing but great things about D Play! They were SO easy to communicate with from the very beginning and their professionalism and promptness was unmatched. Sadly, the date we ended up choosing didn’t work for them but John gave me contact info for their sister band, GOT Groove (who is also amazing!) and John sent me all the information I needed along with the proposal within the same day. They really care about the overall experience and tailoring the performance to match your needs. I 100% recommend John and his band to anyone who is looking for a professional, energetic band for their wedding or other event!

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

D Play did an awesome job keeping everyone entertained at our wedding. They kept our guest involved and dancing all night! I'm so glad we chose them for our wedding!

Toni · Married on 06/30/2018

D Play played for our daughter's wedding on Saturday, June 30th, and when I tell you there was not a dance floor big enough to hold the amount of people who wanted to get up and dance, that is NO LIE! The night began when part of the band met us at St. Patrick's to do a 2nd line from St. Patrick's to the Federal Ballroom. Totally AWESOME experience and PURE New Orleans! The passerby's had their phones out videoing and photographing the huge wedding party! When we got to the venue and the band started, it was SO packed on the dance floor that I had to contact the manager of the Federal Ballroom to ask her where the GOBO was that I ordered for the wedding because I couldn't see it! She said that I didn't see it because the dance floor was never EMPTY --- it was on the DANCE FLOOR!!!! She showed it to me - thank goodness she took a photo of it BEFORE the wedding started, otherwise I would have never seen it! When I tell you there isn't one song from ANY era that this band couldn't play, I'm not kidding. The more the crowd got jazzed up (and this crowd was pretty wild), the more the band played to them! What an AWESOME night! If you have not heard of this band OR seen them in person, check out their schedule and GO SEE THEM and book them for your event ASAP! They are worth EVERY penny and MORE! Johnny and his group are punctual, responsible, communicative, reasonable, and very professional. We love you D Play!!! YOU ROCK and you made our kids wedding the best ever! The guests couldn't stop asking, "WHO IS THE BAND? THEY ARE AWESOME!" I think you may be getting a lot of business from our guests soon! We can't wait to hear you play again soon and we will be getting a huge group together to find where you are playing locally to come see you. We can't get enough of D Play!

D Play Band 12
    D Play Band 13
    D Play Band 14

Katie Burwell · Married on 06/23/2018

Great band!

DPlay made my wedding so memorable. They were great to work with and met all my expectations. Amazing band!

K · Married on 06/22/2018

They were awesome!! Everyone had a blast dancing all night! They were very interactive with the crowd and everything we had hoped for and more! We would highly recommend them!!

Elisa · Married on 05/24/2018

Great group! Very easy to work with. Our 3rd year in row to book them. Music appeals to everyone.

Hope · Married on 05/05/2018

D Play was an outstanding band! Nothing but pure entertainment and amazing vocals! highly highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/01/2018

D Play Band's reply:

Thank you so much Hope! We had an absolute blast performing for you!

Alessandra · Married on 04/21/2018

John & his team were so great and easy to work with. They did our ceremony music, second line, cocktail reception, and wedding reception. They even DJed the last hour for us! Honestly, to find a band that is so versatile and SO GOOD at what they do is priceless. It made everything really easy on us. All of our guests were raving at the end of the night about how awesome they were! We loved them!

Andrew · Married on 04/14/2018

This post is 3 months late and I mention that because it's been 3 months since our reception and I am STILL getting compliments that we had the BEST band at our wedding. If you want to make sure your reception doesn't stop dancing then D Play are your guys. From contract to concert, John has been a great point of contact to make sure they did everything that we wanted. From genres to specific song requests, it was like they were in my head knowing exactly what we wanted to hear as the night went on. They feed off the crowd, dance with the crowd, and are just flat out killer musicians. We decided to add an additional horn which of course brought their dynamic to another level. I had heard them at 2 previous weddings which is why they were at the top of the list for who we wanted. And they simply just keep getting better and better every time they perform. Do yourself a favor if you want to have a reception that everyone keeps talking about and book D Play!

Kara · Married on 03/24/2018

D Play was absolutely everything we were looking for in a wedding band! They covered all of our needs, including switching into a Secondline brass band in the middle of the reception, an amazing DJ set up, and they effortlessly learned our "requested" songs for dances. Most importantly, they blew the crowd away with their consistent energy, amazing voices and talent. You will not find a more professional and well-rounded group of musicians in the business. D Play, thank you for making our night simply the best! Highly recommend for booking!!!!

Shanna · Married on 03/09/2018

The band was great! I paid for the extra horns as well and it was well worth the extra cost.

Mister · Married on 02/24/2018

DPlay is great. They are professional, talented and really know how to work a wedding reception crowd.

Matt · Married on 02/18/2018

DPlay were incredible. They sorted out the 2nd line band for us, took care of the license and police escort and it was the most surreal and incredible experience of our life.

The band kicked ass. They had the whole party up dancing including our older family members.

A month on people are still talking about DPlay and many people said they were the best and most fun band they have ever seen.

John was great and easy to communicate with. Took all the stress away from us.

Could not recommend highly enough.

D Play Band 15

Alex · Married on 02/17/2018

DPlay was mindblowingly amazing and turned our wedding into the epic party we always wanted. They also made us feel really special throughout. Towards the end of the reception, they brought us on stage and we felt like the King and Queen. DPlay also led our second line and they made the transition from the stage to the street extremely seamless. They were also incredible on the second line and it was pretty powerful to have such a huge band lead our parade through the streets of New Orleans. We had requested a tuba and they were able to also get a tuba to join the band for the second line portion which was awesome. After it was all over, our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the band was.

D Play Band 16
    D Play Band 17
    D Play Band 18
    D Play Band 19
    D Play Band 20

Sarah · Married on 12/09/2017

If you want to guarantee your reception will be the best dance party you have ever been to, hire D Play RIGHT NOW! Choosing the right band was very important to my husband and I. We considered all of the big name bands in the Nola area. Once we saw D Play preform at Boomtown, we knew we had to choose them! They have a special talent for getting crowds of all ages on the dance floor. They know how to read the crowd and they fill the room with incredible energy. In addition, Johnny was tremendously accommodating, always professional, and such a pleasure to work with. Even our venue was excited to have D Play come because they are simply the best. (Our venue waived the fee since they love the band so much.) D Play offered to learn 3 songs for us but they already knew all of our favorites! Hiring D Play was the best choice we made. My husband and I danced the entire time and so did our guests. Some of our friends have already hired D Play for their wedding! Our family is desperately trying to find another excuse to hire them. I know how frustrating it can be to work with a budget but skip the flowers or something because there really is no substitute for the good time D Play will bring!

Caroline · Married on 12/02/2017

D Play was the MOST amazing wedding band for our wedding and the best we have seen at any wedding (not to be biased!). From their energy, professionalism, communication throughout, to the night of the wedding- I would hire them again and again. All of our guests told us how awesome our band was and that they were the BEST wedding band they've ever seen. We got married December 2, 2017 and still have people talking about the band! D Play is so upbeat and they had the crowd dancing all night. Their singers are incredible as well as all of the musicians. Their song list that they know is like a book... I think they know every song possible! Also, my husband's favorite thing about the band was how they transition songs. They can play an oldie to a new song or a slow to an upbeat and it is such a smooth transition. There were no awkward silences and they could mix all types of songs so that every age group had fun! They are truly so talented. We hired the regular band, added the horns, and added another lead female singer and it really created a master piece! I think it would be great without the add-ons but if you really want to have an impressive band, I would add them all. It was so worth the extra money! The band was having as much fun with us and all of the guests and I was so happy to have people who love what they do to perform for our wedding and have fun with us! It was such a spectacular evening. I will remember it forever and I know others will too! Thank you so much D Play! Best, Caroline & Chris Cochran