D+A Bridal Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Tessa
    Tessa K. Married on 07/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing hair and makeup artists!!!

I had the best experience with D+A bridal as a bride who was worried about looking too glammed up. They did such a great job of making me look like myself but better! They also brought the best vibe to the getting ready morning. All of my bridesmaids and my mom and mother in law all looked beautiful too. Could not recommend D+A Bridal more!
  • Alix
    Alix J. Married on 06/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful experience from start to finish!

Desiree and April were the perfect companions for my wedding! I did two separate trials with them, and they were so gracious and accommodating when I couldn't quite nail my look the first time. Let me tell you - I felt absolutely BEAUTIFUL on my day: like myself, but elevated and effortless. I loved having them with me and my girls as we got ready at my house, and later did touch ups at the venue, too. I'm the bride who doesn't wear much makeup, and certainly doesn't know how to articulate what I want. They helped me get there, and ensured I was the bride of my dreams on my wedding day!
  • Isabel
    Isabel L. Married on 04/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

D&A Bridal absolutely delivered!

I was lucky enough to have D&A Bridal recommended to me and they absolutely delivered!

Every step of the process was so easy with them. I got quick replies and timely communication, the trial run went very smoothly (and came out perfectly), and everything went so great on the day of the wedding.

My hair is very fine and doesn't hold shape very well, but we came up with a plan to address that and my hair was defined and shiny throughout the entire wedding! It looks so good in the photos. We had all my bridesmaids' hair done as well and everyone's hair came out simply beautiful.

Would absolutely hire the D&A team again for a future event!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Salina
    Salina S. Married on 03/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They made me feel beautiful

Desiree and April were phenomenal! Weddings are obviously an incredibly stressful and hectic time but they made me feel completely at ease and I enjoyed every second of my time with them. I wanted my hair and makeup to be special but to still look and feel like myself so that one day when I share photos with my children they will recognize their mom. I could not be happier with their work! I felt so beautiful and can't thank them enough for their part in this life changing day for me!
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn H. Married on 02/26/2022

100% Recommend

I had a February 2022 wedding and honestly one of the best parts of the day was getting ready with my gals -- Desiree & April. Truly, could not have asked for better pros to help me, my bridesmaids and my family (a group of 11) get ready for the big day -- making every single person look absolutely stunning.

They were very professional and adaptable to everyone's different needs and requests -- from those that had a very specific vision / look to others who had zero ideas or wanted something more minimal / natural -- and did touchups before we left to make sure everything looked fresh. And then there was me who completely switched things up from what we did during the trial, but they still managed to create the exact look I was going for.

Their client portal system is also super easy to manage everything (e.g., contract, timeline, billing, etc.) -- and was helpful in making sure that we were all on the same page.

They were incredibly responsive and punctual -- and overall just a joy to hang out with. 5/5, 10/10 -- 100% recommend hiring these ladies -- If only I had more excuses to work with them more often :)
    Julia G. Married on 02/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exactly what I had wanted!

Desiree and April were amazing--they worked fast and got my look down exactly as I envisioned. I don't normally wear make up or do my hair, and their work made me feel beautiful while still feeling completely like myself! They were easy to communicate with, and fun to chat with. If you're thinking of hiring them, do it!
  • Susie
    Susie W. Married on 01/16/2022

Incredible!

I hired Desiree and April for my wedding and WOW did I make the correct choice. First and foremost, their skills with hair and makeup are incredible. I had hair and makeup done for my bridal party, my mom, my husband’s mom, and myself. I told everyone that they could decide what they wanted to do with their hair and makeup so everyone had different hair styles and makeup that they wanted. Both Desiree and April executed their preferences perfectly. I had also decided to change my up-do slightly from what we had done at my trial and it looked perfect. It was a long day, starting at 8am and Desiree and April were such a joy to have during my wedding morning. They are so personable and we all got along so well. I was super anxious and they made the whole morning as enjoyable as possible. I cannot recommend them enough!
  • Kelly
    Kelly M. Married on 01/15/2022

D&A is the BEST!!!!

WOW is all I can say about D&A bridal. Not only is each member of the D&A team incredibly talented and skilled at making you do your best, but they also help you FEEL your best on your big day. Desiree, April, Alex, and Lina were lively, helpful, and thoughtful while helping me and my bridesmaids complete our looks for my wedding. Through the included hair and makeup trial with Desiree and April, I was able to truly feel confident and comfortable with my look before our wedding day even began. Additionally, due to the expansion of their team, we were able to get a later start on hair and make up (what a treat)! All in all, if you are looking for hair and makeup styling for any occasion, I HIGHLY recommend D&A bridal. 10/5 stars.
    Sidney R. Married on 01/08/2022

Fabulous Hair and Makeup team

Desiree and April were amazing to work with. They made me look and feel beautiful on the day of my wedding. They were also wonderful to spend time with and made all of my family and bridesmaids feel at ease and have fun as we were getting ready. They are incredible professionals - experienced, talented and skilled, hard working, efficient and flexible.
  • Ivette
    Ivette Married on 01/01/2022

Amazing Team

April and Dez were just amazing! Honestly, they made me feel so beautiful and ready for my special day. The picture I added was me and one of the bridemaids. They did our makeup and hair.
    They are so friendly and welcoming and flexible. Their pricing is reasonable and you get to feel like a princess. So happy I booked them!
    Hannah A. Married on 10/16/2021

Book them!

I can't recommend these two enough! They are warm, welcoming, professional, flexible, and so sweet. They were responsive and easy to communicate with via email, and enthusiastic and attentive in-person. I felt really well cared for as they helped me bring my vision to life. Go with these gals!
    Britney H. Married on 10/06/2021

Wonderful Team & Amazing Work

D A Bridal was recommended to me by a friend. I reached out for my elopement and was so excited they were available after seeing their work on my friend! My trial was fun and we were able to sort and plan my look for the wedding. They are very professional, responsive, and talented, all while being so kind and fun! They made me feel at ease on my wedding day, including my bridal party. We had a great time getting ready, and we all looked amazing! So pleased with how everything turned out. I would definitely recommend D A Bridal to a friend!
  • Lia
    Lia S. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They felt like extra friends!!

April and Angelina were an awesome team the morning of my wedding. They knocked out hair and makeup for me, four bridesmaids, and my mom in a totally reasonable timeline and everyone looked FANTASTIC. I felt absolutely incredible and couldn't stop gushing about how great my friends looked too – even friends who rarely glam up said they felt the best they ever had. Best of all, April and Angelina felt like extra friends during my most intimate moments – they brought fun energy, bopped along to our getting ready soundtrack, and kept us all laughing and having a great time. My mom adored them and my friends all wanted to befriend them too. I almost didn't want to leave for my first looks because I was having so much fun! They definitely set the tone for the rest of my wedding day to feel fun and celebratory.
  • Lia
    Lia Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They felt like extra friends hanging out!!

• Hannah
    Hannah C. Married on 08/27/2021

D+A Bridal is amazing!

Des and April were awesome to work with! Some highlights:
    - Prompt responses to emails.
    - Flexible and accommodating to last minute schedule changes and additional ladies for hair/makeup.
    - Friendly and personable! Everyone had a blast chatting with them.
    - Everyone looked incredible with final hair and makeup! They really listened to what each person wanted and delivered a beautiful result.
    Ariel B. Married on 07/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dez eased all my makeup fears

I had the best time working with Dez for my wedding this past summer. I typically wear very little makeup, so I was feeling nervous about having full face and not feeling like myself. Dez immediately made me feel so comfortable and was very patient in listening me try to explain what I wanted (shimmery, glowy, natural-looking). After a first pass, she was very receptive to changes and quickly understand what I was saying even though I barely know how to talk about makeup. On my wedding day, Dez showed up on time and ready to go. The rest of us showed up a bit late (our fault) and Dez was an absolute professional in working quickly even though we had thrown off her schedule. And even though she works fast, she works precisely and I was absolutely obsessed with my wedding day makeup, it was even better than the look we had landed on in the trial and it seriously lasted ALL DAY even through all the smiling and dancing. She also did my mom’s makeup who seriously doesn’t wear any makeup and my mom was SO happy with how she looked and floated around all day. Dez has such amazing calm, positive energy on what can be a very stressful morning, and really listens and works with you to make sure you feel like your most beautiful self.
    Tracy Y. Married on 07/09/2021

A+ Glam Team

I don't think I can ever thank April and Desiree enough for all they have done and for how gorgeous they made me look/feel on my wedding day. My wedding was originally in 2020 but because of the pandemic, I had to reschedule the wedding to 2021 and push back the trial. They were so easy to work with and easy to communicate with.

After my trial with them, I went home and told my husband that I have serious Megan Fox vibes (because she does her hair like that a lot). I felt like had so much confidence because of my hair and make-up, I made him take me out that night. Can't let a good look go to waste! I got the same feeling on my wedding day and I love love love the look so much. They made my wedding day so much fun. They are super fun and easy to talk to and they make sure you feel comfortable. All the girls on my bridal party had a blast with D+A and they loved their looks. D+A knew exactly what I was looking for and I still can't get over how amazing my hair turned out! I was really happy that my hair and make-up lasted all night! Even after a bunch of dancing and jumping! And believe me there was a lot of dancing and jumping that night.

I highly recommend D+A for any events, big or small. My sister will hopefully be getting married in the next year or two and I am gonna for sure push her to use D+A Bridal. I would love to work with them again. I am so so happy with D+A Bridal. You will regret if you don't book with them!
  • Rashellee
    Rashellee B. Married on 07/01/2021

Bridal party make-up

Incredible creativity and beautiful makeup. Desiree is an amazing artist, 100% professional, great personality, allows you to feel comfortable, and wants to make you still feel like you. I'm beyond happy I found her.
  • Aurora
    Aurora T. Married on 05/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Like two extra (professional/experienced/talented) galpals!!!

Hello brides!
    Go with Desiree and April. First, here's some background info. 1) I don't know anything about makeup. 2) We planned our own wedding with 0.00% planning experience, and paid for our own wedding with maybe 65% the funds needed to actually cover a wedding in the Bay Area. So, needless to say, I was nervous about picking a bridal beauty option, and considered trying to DIY it. What sold me was the other reviews about D+A, about how comfortable they made brides+bridesmaids+moms feel, and how the results looked natural-but-special. Best, decision, ever. We ended up finding the funds to hire D+A, and then the moms and bridesmaids ended up chipping in to have theirs done too. It ended up being 7 ladies, hair and makeup! Desiree and April were FLAWLESS. From the moment I met them for my trial (so fun!!!) I knew all the reviews were true and I was in good hands. I felt GORGEOUS on my wedding day. I didn't have to worry about looking great in pictures and our video, and now when I look back at the pics, all I can think is wow, I'm so glad I took the leap and went with Desiree and April. Seriously... trust them. If I ever need to look drop dead gorgeous for a special event in the future... I'm texting them.
  • Stephannie
    Stephannie D. Married on 04/30/2021

Truly wonderful!

DA Bridal rocks! Desiree did both my hair and makeup for my April 2021 wedding and she was fantastic. During my trial, we tried a couple different hairdos and zeroed in on my makeup look (she was also flexible when I requested some small changes before the big day). Super communicative, nice, fun, professional, etc. I can't say enough good things and highly recommend hiring DA for your wedding!
  • Morgan
    Morgan T. Married on 01/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision ever for the most gorgeous hair & makeup

Desiree and April are a top-notch, wonderful hair and makeup team and a pleasure to be surrounded by on my wedding day. I absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup on my wedding day. I look at our wedding photos and cannot get over how great my hair looks in each one, and how perfect the makeup looked. I felt like myself, but with the right makeup to stand out in the photos as well, two things that were very important to me. Desiree and April have a calm and fun presence, which meant the world to me after a lot of stressful wedding planning. They were so flexible and understanding and accommodating. True professionals. You will be making an excellent choice by booking with them. They were a highlight of my wedding experience.
  • Jamie
    Jamie M. Married on 09/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing Hair and Makeup artists!

These ladies know what they're doing! I can't say enough good things about how D+A Bridal showed up for me through the stress of pandemic/wildfire wedding planning. From doing my hair/makeup for my engagement photos, to making everyone look beautiful on my big day, Desiree and April provided excellent service, were extremely flexible and did excellent work! I felt stunning on my big day and couldn't be happier with the photos and memories that were made. We had many venue changes because of Covid, and through the whole thing, many back and forth emails, April and Desiree remained flexible, open and supportive. They outlined a schedule for completing the bridesmaids, mother of the bride and groom, bride and flower girls and everyone was at the alter on time and looking beautiful. Thanks to their organization, we all knew what to expect, where to be and the day flowed easily. I was able to show them "inspiration" photos and they got everything just right. Everyone in the wedding party loved the results and the photos show it! Thank you D+A Bridal!!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica L. Married on 09/05/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I wish I could book them again!

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Desiree and April! We tested out some looks during the trial and right away they were so sweet and made me feel really comfortable. Desiree did my hair and makeup for the welcome party and I felt absolute queen! My friends couldn't get over the bubble ponytail. The next day they made all the girls feel beautiful and relaxed. I'm so glad my wedding planner found a makeup artist that had experience working with a diverse set of skin tones. My sister-in-law was nervous about that because she had a prior bad experience. When Desiree finished working her magic, my sister-in-law said it was the best she's ever looked! April did such a great job styling my hair and it lasted the entire night. Really can't say enough amazing things about their talent and people skills. BOOK THEM!
  • Tia
    Tia Married on 08/07/2020

Amazing glam team

Dez and her team are so great to work with! I originally met Dez when she did the makeup for my cousin's wedding and knew I had to book her for mine as well. Fast forward YEARS, my bridesmaids and I finally got to get ready with DA Bridal for our Sonoma wedding in August 2021.

We had some last min changes to our glam squad the week of and Dez handled everything so professionally and efficiently. Our day-of looks all turned out so well and her assistants were great. We'd been in touch for a long time about the hotel's set up, logistics with our large group (didn't want to start TOO early!), desired looks/vibes for hair and makeup, etc. and it all came to fruition beautifully (even without a trial! Perhaps risky, but I didn't live in-state by the time our postponed date came around, and it all worked out just fine).

So grateful for Desiree and her team and highly recommend her and DA for any beauty needs for your events in the greater SF area.
  • Carol
    Carol Married on 07/04/2020

Very talented and fun Makeup and Hair team

Desiree and April were such an amazing team to work with! They were extremely punctual, patient with my group and super talented! Everyone was extremely happy with their looks! I loved my experience with them. We discussed what I wanted in the trial and they really quickly executed it! They definitely have a gift for bringing out the features that you want enhanced and making you feel your best!
illustration stars