D+A Bridal Reviews

D+A Bridal 7
  • Carol

Carol B · Getting married on 07/04/2020

Very talented and fun Makeup and Hair team

Desiree and April were such an amazing team to work with! They were extremely punctual, patient with my group and super talented! Everyone was extremely happy with their looks! I loved my experience with them. We discussed what I wanted in the trial and they really quickly executed it! They definitely have a gift for bringing out the features that you want enhanced and making you feel your best!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa W Geoffroy · Married on 08/16/2019

Great work!

Dez and April do fabulous work. For my wedding, all my bridesmaids and I felt natural, but enhanced.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Mariah · Married on 07/06/2019

I hired Desiree to do the makeup of myself (bridesmaid), the mother of the bride, and two other bridesmaids for my sister's wedding and I don't think it could possibly have gone any better. This was incredibly important to me because it was my sister's wedding -- those photos are going to be around forever!

If I could have Desiree do my makeup every singe day, I would. Her makeup was beautifully applied and I got compliments that I looked like an "old Hollywood movie star' throughout the evening wedding. But what sets Desiree apart from other makeup artists I've worked with, beyond her amazing skill with makeup, is that she's so sweet and incredibly easy to work with. She was thoughtful, kind, and professional from start to finish. I'd highly recommend Desiree to anyone who needs their makeup done -- you'll be in very capable hands.

Sent on 04/24/2017
  • Tri

Tri1 · Married on 05/24/2019

Such a great team to work with!

Desiree & April were such a great team to work with on my wedding and in the time leading up to the big day. They are talented, professional and personable. They listened to everyone’s hair & makeup preferences and made sure we all looked and felt glamorous. I can’t wait to have an opportunity to work with these two wonderful and hilarious ladies again!

Also, as a side note, April colored and cut my hair two weeks prior to the wedding and it too was another great experience. Thank you Desiree & April!

Sent on 07/08/2019
    D+A Bridal 8
  • Meagan

Meagan Devine · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Hair and Make-up Duo Ever!

D&A Bridal were the absolute best to work with! I first met them as a bridesmaid for a friend and then asked them to do my wedding the following year. They were very responsive when I had any questions. D&A were also very flexible with my trial, they managed to squeeze me in so that I could be all dolled up for my bridal shower! The day of my wedding, we had 9 people to get hair and make-up done. D&A arrived on site before 7am and had finished all of us on schedule by 2pm! They perfectly fit everyone's style needs; I had 5 bridesmaids, two moms, a grandma and myself and everyone looked absolutely stunning! D&A made the morning of my wedding so much fun and super relaxing!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Emma Seale · Married on 04/27/2019

dream team!

I highly recommend working with D + A for your wedding or special event! Leading up to my wedding in April '19 the ladies were quickly responsive and accommodating via email. On the day of, they arrived early and easily got started with my bridesmaids before I had even arrived. Their strong talent with hair, makeup, and styling speaks for itself and the cherry on top is their fun, charming, and professional energy!

Sent on 06/21/2019
    D+A Bridal 9
    D+A Bridal 10
  • Jenith

Jenith Mcintyre · Married on 04/07/2019

Can't say enough good things!

April and Desiree were a pleasure to work with! They are very personable, professional, and are very good at their job! My entire wedding party loved them and they did such a good job making us look amazing! My mom was a bit worried about getting her make up and hair done, but was so happy with her look she glowed. They have a nack for making you feel like old friends and are pros at giving a relaxed feel on your day! I would recommend them anytime!! Thanks Desiree & April!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Takara · Married on 11/08/2018

STELLAR!! An absolute dream!

I had a beautiful experience with April and Dez! From the trial to the wedding day prep, They helped me turn my wedding beauty vision into life. Not only that, they are also super rad and I would hang out with them any day. I would recommend April and Desiree for any bride. My wedding photos turned out better than I had hoped. THANK YOU again for making my wedding day so special!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Jamie · Married on 06/08/2018

Desiree is a dream to work with, she did my makeup for my wedding in San Francisco on June 8th. I live in Chicago so Desiree was able to do a trial makeup session the week of my wedding when I was in town. She was flexible with my schedule and helped accommodate all my needs. We shared photos and ideas on Pinterest to get an idea of the wedding day (and rehearsal dinner) look. Desiree does MIRACLE work with her makeup, I feel like each look was very much me. She listened to what I wanted - I am not a huge makeup person in everyday life - and she made me look and feel gorgeous. Desiree also did makeup for my sister (the maid of honor) and my mom. I definitely recommend working with Desiree for your next big event. She is such a pleasure to spend time with and her makeup work is gorgeous. You will not be disappointed. I wish she could beautify me every day, even in my "normal" life. Thank you Desiree!!!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    D+A Bridal 11
    D+A Bridal 12

Amy · Married on 05/19/2018

Des and April were truly, truly wonderful humans - not just talented in beautification, but such pleasant people to hang out with. My hair is thick and unruly, which means I'm hanging out with whoever has decided to tackle it for a considerable amount of time. April and Des were fun, calm, and I was genuinely excited to see them when they showed up at my wedding day. They also were receptive to the ideas that I had, while offering their professional insight about what would look best and most natural on the day. The pictures have turned out beautifully thanks to their work, and most importantly, I look like myself. I should also note that my mom has never let anybody do her hair or makeup (usually she wipes it right off and pulls out her curling iron), and when Des and April finished with her, she quite literally said "oh I LOVE it, this is exactly what I would have tried to do on myself... but better!" Could not recommend more highly.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Annie · Married on 04/15/2018

Where do I even begin?! Desiree and April are gems! If you are looking for a really talented, hardworking, fun team, these are your girls!!

I really have never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day, in large part because of these two! I have very fine, thin hair and the updo April was able to achieve blew my mind. And I don't usually wear a lot of makeup, so the eyebrows and lips made me nervous, but Desiree did an incredible job putting me at ease and showing me that I can wear makeup and look amazing in it. These girls are artists! My look was flawless! Everything was clean and classy and natural. And, both my hair and makeup held strong through to the after party!

On top of the hair and makeup being beautiful, April and Desiree were accommodating, punctual, and super hard working. April came to my apartment for my hair trial, which I was very impressed by and which was super convenient for me. And on the day of my wedding I was so comfortable working with both of them - it was like having two more of my girlfriends in my bridal suite.

Look no further ladies! Book these girls immediately!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    D+A Bridal 13
    D+A Bridal 14
    D+A Bridal 15

Michelle · Married on 02/12/2018

Lovely ladies !
    Des and April are an amazing team. Very attentive, professional and open to hear what look you are going for. They did my hair and makeup for my wedding at San Francisco city hall. Also my daughters hair she is 7 and absolutely loved how her hair "waves" stayed with her all day long. The airbrush make up was a fabulous idea, since it stayed with me throughout the day but still have that natural look I was going for. Their positive attitude made such a nice environment to be at, not to mentioned it is obvious the level of experience in their fields, felt very secure of putting my hair and face in their hands. Thank you girls for making this moments so special to me and my daughter ! <3 Loved meeting both of you !

Sent on 02/26/2018
    D+A Bridal 16
    D+A Bridal 17
    D+A Bridal 18
    D+A Bridal 19
    D+A Bridal 20
    D+A Bridal 21

Kristina · Married on 10/21/2017

I had an amazing experience working with Desiree and April for my wedding hair and makeup! They did hair and makeup for my mom, sister, and I on the morning of my wedding. It was really easy to coordinate with them via email and we set up a time to do a hair/makeup trial at Desiree's house in San Francisco. I loved how the trial turned out, so I booked them both for the wedding. I'm not someone who wears much makeup normally and I told Desiree that I wanted to make sure that my makeup didn't look too heavy so I would actually look and feel like myself on the day of the wedding. Desiree definitely achieved that and I absolutely loved how my makeup turned out. April styled my hair in a low, loose bun with a braid and secured my headpiece really well. It looked exactly how I wanted and it held up all night. They also brought a touch-up kit including my lip color and blotting papers, which was a really nice touch. My mom and sister loved how their hair and makeup turned out too. Desiree and April are both laid back, friendly, and really nice, so it was great to have them there on the morning of the wedding. I highly recommend them both!

Sent on 01/27/2018
    D+A Bridal 27
    D+A Bridal 28
    D+A Bridal 29

Andi · Married on 10/13/2017

Des and April are an absolute dream team. I admittedly put off planning my hair/makeup until late in the game, and they were both so accommodating with their scheduling to make everything fit. With my curly hair, I was really unsure how to approach styling, and April didn't flinch a bit. It turned out better than I had ever expected, and not at all like a cookie-cutter "bridal" look. Plus, it stayed put all day! Des nailed the look I was going for with my makeup, striking a great classic-glam balance that didn't feel overdone or too basic. My mom was also very happy with her makeup, and looked so beautiful! The airbrushing stayed flawless all day and felt like wearing nothing at all. I would absolutely hire them again for other events.

Sent on 11/16/2017
    D+A Bridal 30
    D+A Bridal 31
    D+A Bridal 32

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Desiree for my engagement photo shoot. She is very talented and professional, and made me feel very comfortable while she was doing my make up. She brought out my natural features and didn't make me feel or look like someone else. I loved how my make up turned out so much that I have hired her to do my wedding too! Thank you Des!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

AMAZING!! Would hire these ladies again in a heartbeat. Not only were they on time/professional/good-hearted/fun, they were extremely hardworking... We kept offering them food and champagne but it was really important to them to get everyone done on time! And everyone looked so fabulous. My mom had never had professional makeup done before, and Dez was super communicative with her; April dealt with a range of bridesmaid preferences, some who had an exact picture they wanted her to replicate, others who just asked her to be creative -- and she was! They finished everyone way ahead of schedule, and all the hair and makeup stayed the entire night, even for my maid of honor, whose hair is so thick that curls never stay. She looked gorgeous at 2 a.m.! The ladies were all in awe at D&A's talents -- as evidenced by endless selfies. I heard the mother of the groom tell them "bless you" after she saw herself in the mirror. Really truly could not have picked better vendors for hair and makeup. We had so much fun!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    D+A Bridal 40
    D+A Bridal 41
    D+A Bridal 42

Erin · Married on 09/28/2017

Desiree was an absolute joy to work with. The look she created was soft, natural, and perfect for my intimate, outdoor wedding. She focused on enhancing my natural features, not altering them—trust me when I say you’ll look like yourself (but better)! It is clear that Desiree loves what she does, and she even helped touch up my mom and sister’s makeup after mine. Her sweet, calming presence on a hectic day was just a bonus. Honestly, I wish I had another event coming up so I could hire her again :)

Sent on 10/24/2017

Grier · Married on 08/10/2017

Desiree is wonderful to work with; professional, personable, and talented! Her easygoing demeanor is just what you need on your wedding day, and she makes brides look gorgeous, without it looking overdone. I recommend her highly!

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/02/2017

Desiree was an absolutely amazing makeup artist! She did makeup for me, my mom, and my aunt, and everyone loved the end results! She was very easy to talk to, and she immediately understood the kind of look I was going for. When I changed my mind about the lip color after she had applied it, she was happy to show me other colors. My make up also stood up really well through the afternoon and evening! I would definitely recommend her services to my friends for their weddings! (I only needed a makeup artist for my wedding, so I didn't get a chance to work with April.)

Sent on 09/27/2017

Jillie · Married on 07/16/2017

Desiree was my wedding day makeup muse. Side note, I am aloof and didn’t have a clear vision of what I wanted, I know, a makeup artists worst nightmare. Desiree and I discussed a few different styles before the trail and when it came down to it she nailed it! Desiree was very flexible with me as I was coming to the bay area from Los Angeles for my trail and the wedding. She reworked her schedule to meet up for the trail, she also researched airbrushing options as requested. Desiree did my wedding day makeup along with my mother who is 65 and my bridesmaids. Everyone looked fabulous and the makeup held all day and night. We started early, about 10am and the wedding was at 6pm, the entire day, through the heat of the summer and no A/C our makeup held, and our lashes held through all the happy tears. To be honest, I had never seen my mother look so radiant. Her mature skin looked smooth and dewy, very fresh which attests to Desiree’s skills and trained eye. My makeup was better than I could have imagined. If I lived closer I would insert myself as a friend, with this being said I highly recommend Desiree. My mother & bridesmaids agree, she is phenomenal!

Sent on 10/11/2017
    D+A Bridal 43
    D+A Bridal 44
    D+A Bridal 45
    D+A Bridal 46

Molly · Married on 12/21/2016

My husband and I had our wedding in SF this past winter at City Hall. While our wedding was simple, Desiree made me feel anything but! I felt so glamourous on my special day! She came to my hotel and did a full make up application. She even did the finishing touches for my hair. Her calm and patient demeanor was much appreciated as I was dealing with my family! Five stars for her talent and professionalism! I can't wait to work with her again! Thank you, Desiree!

Sent on 03/21/2017

lalena · Married on 10/16/2016

Desiree did an outstanding job with my make-up for an engagement photo shoot. I have never felt so beautiful in my life. Even at 6 in the morning she was there, entire kit at the ready and limited coffee. She is a true artist and I would recomend her for any occasion, any day. Absolutely the best

Sent on 08/30/2016

betsy · Married on 10/15/2016

I can't say enough about how great Desiree is! I was so lucky I had her on my wedding day to do my makeup. She worked with me to come up with a look based on my dress, the venue, and my hair style, to make sure I was completely satisfied. She took the time to show me ideas on Pinterest, Instagram and other platforms! I was so impressed by how much she cares and made me feel incredibly special. She is kind, professional, easy to talk to and get a long with. She had amazing products and brushes, top of the line. I was so happy with the outcome, it was better than expected. She also did my mom and sisters makeup for the wedding and they looked so gorgeous! I highly recommend Desiree for any makeup needs!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Genia · Married on 09/03/2016

I had Desiree for my wedding and she did a FANTASTIC job. She did make-up for me (the bride), 4 of my bridesmaids, the mother of the bride and my aunt. We had a wedding theme (1920s) and she was able to do similar looks but tailor them to each individual bridesmaids characteristics and bring out their best features while keeping everyone looking similar. She also did beautiful age appropriate make-up for my mom and aunt. Everyone was so happy with their looks and promised to hire Desiree for future events!

From the beginning, I had a really great experience with Desiree. She is so flexible, kind and easy to get along with. She met me for a trial and spent over an hour doing a full make up trial. Other places I tried didn't spend as much time or care on the trial. Also the trial price counted towards my final - very reasonable - total on the wedding day.

She uses great products, has an excellent eye for tones and colors, is impeccably careful, is very hygienic and cleaned her brushes between each person, listened to what I wanted and made each of us feel like a princess.

I give Desiree my highest recommendation! We all loved her and I'm so happy I found her for my wedding!

Sent on 01/16/2017