CV Rich Mansion Reviews

37 | White Plains, NY

37 Reviews for CV Rich Mansion

Gabriella · Getting married on 10/03/2020

I was in the bridal party for a wedding at the CV Rich Mansion, September 2017. The whole evening was breathtaking to say the least. The ceremony took place outside and was set up very elegantly. Cocktail hour was beyond my expectations with amazing stations. I could tell the kitchen staff paid close attention to all décor and detail necessary. The reception in the ballroom was filled with great food, laughs and a great time. The staff was accommodating of all the needs of the wedding party before and throughout the whole wedding. Thank you Elisabeth for making this such an enjoyable night for all.

Serena · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I had a beautiful fall wedding at CV Rich this past October. My sister came across CV Rich while I was venue hunting, and I swear, every time I dropped in I fell more and more in love with this place. The way the parlor area was decorated for cocktail hour with the candles and our framed photos everywhere was amazing. Elisabeth was wonderful and accommodating; every detail from the food to the decor to the specific type of olives at the bar was handled impeccably. The food, which is catered by Caperberry/Sam's of Gedney Way was top notch; our guests were raving about the cheese wheel at the Italian station, the BBQ station and our passed lobster rolls! My only complaint was that I didn't get to eat and enjoy all of the appetizers, I guess it comes with the territory of having your wedding at place you really like!

Kerri · Married on 09/29/2017

Amazing vendor! The food was phenomenally.

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2017

Beautiful venue! Service was spectacular and food was delicious! Would highly recommend this venue.

Maggie · Married on 08/06/2017

We had our wedding on September 29th and it was the most beautiful day. The venue was the perfect setting with plenty of space, inside and outside, and several rooms for guests to spread out. Everyone keeps raving about the food, especially the cocktail hour. Our manager Elisabeth was amazing through the whole process even with my million questions. She listened to every single detail I told her and made it happen perfectly!! It was literally the best day ever!

Lina · Married on 07/01/2017

The venue is a charming, warm, classic historic mansion that has beautifully manicured grounds and is quite elegant. I attended the Gala of the Century here and was quite impressed. Joanna's attention to detail is amazing! She is to be commended on doing such a fabulous job...everything ran so smoothly. Caperberry Events was the caterer. They served a variety of the most delicious food throughout the cocktail hour and dinner. Everything was spectacular. The staff was attentive and courteous. Have been to a few events at the mansion with Caperberry as the caterer...their food is always pleasing to the palate.

enid · Married on 10/30/2016

My son was married here two weeks ago. It was truly a perfect day. Joanna made all of the planning so easy, even answering my e-mails when she was on vacation. The food was delicious. Even though it was October 30th it turned out to be a warm afternoon so we enjoyed the cocktail hour outside. I cannot imagine a better venue. I am still getting calls from my guests saying how wonderful everything was. I would definitely use this venue again.

We threw a surprise wedding and it turned out perfect! The staff was Awesome and the venue was great!

Johane · Married on 10/14/2016

We couldn't have selected a better venue for our big day. The mansion is a beautiful space and truly added a personal touch to our event. Our guests also fell in love with the venue.

Our day of coordinator, JoAnna, was amazing. She made sure our day went by smoothly. She was very professional and more importantly, extremely helpful and knowledgable. The staff was also very kind and professional.

Thank you for such an amazing day!

Shannon · Married on 10/08/2016

I can't say enough good things about this wedding venue! We got married here in October and it was truly the perfect fall wedding. The mansion and grounds are beautiful and unique, so pretty for pictures. Joanna was very helpful and responsive throughout our planning. She really made it fun and easy for us. The whole staff went above and beyond to make our event perfect. Our guests have not stopped talking about good the food was and all the little special touches that were included. I'm so happy we chose this venue and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Nicole · Married on 10/02/2016

I loved working with Joanna at The C.V. Rich Mansion! It was the perfect venue for my husband and I. I'm from Westchester, and most of our families live in the TriState area, so we wanted a location not in NYC but close enough so people didn't have to travel too far.

The grounds are lovely. We had our ceremony outside and our cocktail hour/reception inside. Joanna, the venue manager, was great in answering all of my questions throughout the year after we booked the venue.

The food was great, the grounds were amazing. Everything just came together, and I could not have been happier with the way the wedding turned out. My husband feels the same way!

Maria · Married on 08/13/2016

I helped plan my daughter's wedding while she was overseas and I looked at many places including CV Rich and we kept coming back to the beauty of the location, the quality of the catering and a good experience I had with the staff at a previous event. The staff was responsive, flexible and very caring. We were always treated as if it was the most important event. We wanted Latin influences in the menu and they delivered. They found ways to accomodate the children in the bridal party. The guests all commented on the quality of the food and the beauty of the location. The cake is amazing by the way, do one of their tasting if you book them and you will see.

The day of the wedding was scheduled to be hot and humid with possible rain. We were called a few days before to discuss options and we elected to hold the wedding indoors. While we were disappointed not to hold the wedding in their very beautiful garden area, it was the best decision given the temperature. The indoor area was still pretty and they quickly took it down and replaced the wedding area with the tables for the reception.

And even after the event, the attention to detail was amazing. Thank you for the most amazing and fun wedding. My daughter was on Cloud 9 for days.

Nicole · Married on 08/04/2016

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at the CV Rich mansion this past September and the venue could not have been more perfect. The staff was top notch, friendly, professional and courteous. The food served during the wedding was abundant and delicious. The interior of the venue was elegant and perfectly complements the surrounding scenery. There was even a shooting star during the vows! It was a picture perfect day and night.

Tina · Married on 07/16/2016

This venue was absolutely amazing! The food was fabulous, the staff was friendly and attentive, and our wedding day was absolutely perfect!

Linda · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our daughter's wedding at the CV Rich Mansion in White Plains and could not have been happier! It was the perfect venue for our happy couple. The mansion and gardens are exquisite, and the staff was extremely attentive. This is not your typical wedding factory. Joanna Malone, who handled all of the arrangements, was highly knowledgeable and professional, all with a personal touch. She guided us through every step along the way, making made sure the reception went off smoothly and according to plan. And our guests are still raving about the food! There was such a variety of high-quality delicious food choices during both the cocktail hour and reception. It's truly the perfect choice for anyone who wants individual, meticulous, professional attention and have their dream wedding at a very personal, elegant place.

Jesse & Jennifer · Married on 07/09/2016

We highly recommend the CV Rich Mansion. This is definitely not a "wedding factory." We had the mansion to ourselves the day of our wedding. It provides such a unique and elegant setting for any event. We loved how our guests could enjoy the cocktail hour in the garden and throughout the different rooms of the mansion. The main reception hall was also beautifully and appropriately set up and decorated. All of our guests raved about the food and service at cocktail hour and at dinner. Joanna and all other staff members were very professional and accommodating. Joanna was very helpful, flexible, and always a step ahead. Everything was taken care of. We definitely felt at ease and were able to enjoy our time with our guests because we knew we were in good hands.

Elisa · Married on 05/14/2016

This was the perfect venue for us, and Joanna was so lovely to work with. Everything went smoothly, even with the unexpected cloudburst at the start of the ceremony...Joanna had the guests reseated in the ballroom within moments according to our rain plan. We had many guests with special needs and last minute changes, and Joanna was able to accommodate all of them graciously. Absolutely perfect.

Jonathan · Married on 09/20/2015

The C.V. Rich Mansion is a beautiful old home that has a ballroom for the reception, an outdoor area for the ceremony, and a few living-room-like rooms for the cocktail hour. The caterer that services this venue is phenomenal. We felt that the venue itself lent a vintage feel to our wedding, which was exactly what we wanted. Joanna, who was the main contact, was quick to reply to our emailed or voicemailed questions, and was always reassuring whenever we worried about any little detail. Dotty, our maitre d', helped our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception run smoothly and without a single hitch. The rest of the staff there was also professional and helpful. Our guests loved the place as well. We would definitely recommend looking into having your wedding here!

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2014

My husband and I got married at the CV Rich Mansion on 10/19/14. We are thrilled with how everything turned out. It was a chilly fall day and initially we were a little disappointed that we had to bring the ceremony inside (we decided to bring it inside after the weather report said it would be low 50’s and windy)… but it ended up being more beautiful than we could have imagined, and our guests were very happy that they were warm and comfortable! We were married in front of a window in the ballroom, where you could see the beautiful yellow leaves behind us, so we still got that fall feel we were looking for. For our menu, we got the platinum package to satisfy our big Italian family, and two months later they are still raving about how much food there was and how delicious it all tasted. I fell in love with the venue the first time I visited it, but now looking at all our pictures we just got back, I love it even more. It is so incredibly different from all the “wedding factory” type of places we’ve been to—it is full of charm, history, and has an “at-home” feel that I’ve never experienced at a formal event before. I couldn’t have picked a better place for a fall wedding—it was so cozy, with tea light candles everywhere, and the foliage was visible through all the windows throughout the building. Joanna and her team were so helpful throughout the entire process, and paid attention to every detail and request we had. She was always prompt in answering our questions, and made sure that our big day had everything we wanted… including an ice luge and pumpkin beer (my favorite!)! I also loved that on 10/19, the focus was completely on us—unlike other venues, only one wedding takes place there at a time, so you are the main focus and are treated that way. We could not be happier with the day we had, and are so grateful to Joanna and the Caperberry team for giving us such an incredible memory to treasure for the rest of our lives.

I worked with Christine throughout the wedding process and she was very nice and accommodating. Everyone loved our food (especially cocktail hour) and I really liked the venue because it is not typical and does not have that "wedding factory" feel.

My Husband and I had our 25th Wedding Anniversary party at the CV Rich Mansion last Saturday. The evening was elegant with cocktails in the mansion and a vow renewal ceremony, dinner and dancing in the ballroom.
    The quality and quantity of the food was amazing from the passed Hors d' oevers and Hot Italian Antipasto Station to the delicious dinner. The staff was very attentive to the guests and the Catering Manager made all the planning easy and seamless. The mansion and ballroom are spacious and rich in history. I agree with my Aunt who called to say "It was the best party she had attended - in her entire life." It was a perfect night we will remember forever.

We have received rave reviews from many of our guests for our daughter's Wedding Reception at the CV Rich Mansion. The Cocktail hour in the mansion was unique and very comfortable. The food was excellent and plentiful and the setting cozy. The wait staff was very attentive throughout the evening. Joanna Malone was extremely helpful and efficient. It was a pleasure to work with her. I would highly recommend CV Rich and Caperberry Catering.

John · Married on 10/19/2013

Our daughter selected the venue because it had a charm and character unlike most other venues we visited.
    We were invited to a food tasting event that allowed us to sample selections and to experience the atmosphere - this really helped us to finalize our choices for the wedding.
    Joanna was extremely helpful in guiding us through the entire process; she explained options and made worthwhile suggestions; she was sensitive to our priorities.
    We were extremely pleased with the level of attentive service throughout the evening of the wedding reception, and many of our guests remarked to us that they were very impressed by the quality of the service and the food.

Laura · Married on 09/15/2013

Everything exceeded even the highest expectations. The timing, food, venue, etc, all was wonderful. The food was delicious and plentiful. The mansion is beautiful. The gardens were lovely. Everything was set up to our specifications. It could not have. Been more perfect. The wait staff was excellent.