CV Rich Mansion Reviews

CV Rich Mansion 2
CV Rich Mansion 3
CV Rich Mansion 4

Gabriella · Getting married on 10/03/2020

I was in the bridal party for a wedding at the CV Rich Mansion, September 2017. The whole evening was breathtaking to say the least. The ceremony took place outside and was set up very elegantly. Cocktail hour was beyond my expectations with amazing stations. I could tell the kitchen staff paid close attention to all décor and detail necessary. The reception in the ballroom was filled with great food, laughs and a great time. The staff was accommodating of all the needs of the wedding party before and throughout the whole wedding. Thank you Elisabeth for making this such an enjoyable night for all.

Sent on 12/08/2017
  • Maryanne

Maryanne Engelbrecht · Married on 09/07/2019

Picture Perfect Day!

My husband & I got married at CV Rich on 9/7/19 and it was a perfect day! Jessica was incredibly helpful answering all of my questions throughout the whole planning process. Her and the rest of the team made the whole day go by so smoothly. Our ceremony in the garden was beautiful and our photographers got some great shots of us on the grounds and inside the house. I loved that our guests were able to explore different rooms during the cocktail hour and everyone raved about the food. The ballroom for the reception was set up beautifully and was exactly how I had pictured it. We had 140 guests and there was more than enough room for dancing and our photo booth. I really couldn't have asked for a better experience - everything from the rehearsal the day before to us heading home at the end of the night was handled completely seamlessly. After a year+ of planning it was so nice to feel confident handing off everything to such an awesome staff. Couldn't recommend more!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Terese

Terese · Married on 07/27/2019

Gorgeous Wedding Venue

We loved the CV Rich Mansion! The venue felt intimate and grand at the same time. It's so beautiful you don't need to add much to it. We had the pleasure of working with Jessica, she was great! Jessica is very professional and efficient. She was so much help in organizing whatever we wanted for our wedding day, and was always so kind, and fun to work with. Several of our guests raved to us after our wedding about the service, and the quality of the food. Every single server, bartender, etc was amazing! They were all so sweet, all had smiles on their faces, and were accommodating and professional. Each one I personally talked to congratulated me with such enthusiasm it felt like they were an extension of the guest list. I don't remember everyone's names (they all deserve so much praise) except for Michelle, who I felt went above her duties in carrying my train and veil so it didn't get dirty, and making sure I was fed and hydrated. I really can't say enough good things about CV Rich Mansion and Caperberry Events.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Susana

Susana · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely perfect

Spectacular venue; we married on 6/29/19 and it was absolutely perfect. The mansion and garden are beautiful; the staff was fantastic (thank you Jessica and Gina and everyone else!). The food was delicious. We got married in the garden--full of flowers-- outside under a large oak tree. It was a "fairy tale" wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2018

Most INCREDIBLE Wedding Venue & Staff!

We can't say enough great things about CV Rich or about Elisabeth. We decided to have our wedding at CV Rich because it was beautiful, original, and a little more affordable than other options. But one of the key elements of our choice was Elisabeth. From our first meeting through the wedding itself, Elisabeth was a brilliant, capable, and drama-free partner in our wedding planning. In the year leading up to the wedding, she was a source of help, knowledge, and comfort. On the wedding day itself, we felt lucky to be in her capable hands. Everything was smooth, and even the hiccups big (rain!) and small (bus of guests coming early!) were handled seamlessly. Our guests raved during and after the wedding about the venue and the delicious food, and our pictures (even on a rainy day) reflected the beauty of CV Rich and the amazing time we had there. We are so thankful for CV Rich and for Elisabeth. We recommend this venue without a hint of reservation.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Serena · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I had a beautiful fall wedding at CV Rich this past October. My sister came across CV Rich while I was venue hunting, and I swear, every time I dropped in I fell more and more in love with this place. The way the parlor area was decorated for cocktail hour with the candles and our framed photos everywhere was amazing. Elisabeth was wonderful and accommodating; every detail from the food to the decor to the specific type of olives at the bar was handled impeccably. The food, which is catered by Caperberry/Sam's of Gedney Way was top notch; our guests were raving about the cheese wheel at the Italian station, the BBQ station and our passed lobster rolls! My only complaint was that I didn't get to eat and enjoy all of the appetizers, I guess it comes with the territory of having your wedding at place you really like!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Kerri · Married on 09/29/2017

Amazing vendor! The food was phenomenally.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2017

Beautiful venue! Service was spectacular and food was delicious! Would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Maggie · Married on 08/06/2017

We had our wedding on September 29th and it was the most beautiful day. The venue was the perfect setting with plenty of space, inside and outside, and several rooms for guests to spread out. Everyone keeps raving about the food, especially the cocktail hour. Our manager Elisabeth was amazing through the whole process even with my million questions. She listened to every single detail I told her and made it happen perfectly!! It was literally the best day ever!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Lina · Married on 07/01/2017

The venue is a charming, warm, classic historic mansion that has beautifully manicured grounds and is quite elegant. I attended the Gala of the Century here and was quite impressed. Joanna's attention to detail is amazing! She is to be commended on doing such a fabulous job...everything ran so smoothly. Caperberry Events was the caterer. They served a variety of the most delicious food throughout the cocktail hour and dinner. Everything was spectacular. The staff was attentive and courteous. Have been to a few events at the mansion with Caperberry as the caterer...their food is always pleasing to the palate.

enid · Married on 10/30/2016

My son was married here two weeks ago. It was truly a perfect day. Joanna made all of the planning so easy, even answering my e-mails when she was on vacation. The food was delicious. Even though it was October 30th it turned out to be a warm afternoon so we enjoyed the cocktail hour outside. I cannot imagine a better venue. I am still getting calls from my guests saying how wonderful everything was. I would definitely use this venue again.

Sent on 11/15/2016

We threw a surprise wedding and it turned out perfect! The staff was Awesome and the venue was great!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Johane · Married on 10/14/2016

We couldn't have selected a better venue for our big day. The mansion is a beautiful space and truly added a personal touch to our event. Our guests also fell in love with the venue.

Our day of coordinator, JoAnna, was amazing. She made sure our day went by smoothly. She was very professional and more importantly, extremely helpful and knowledgable. The staff was also very kind and professional.

Thank you for such an amazing day!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Shannon · Married on 10/08/2016

I can't say enough good things about this wedding venue! We got married here in October and it was truly the perfect fall wedding. The mansion and grounds are beautiful and unique, so pretty for pictures. Joanna was very helpful and responsive throughout our planning. She really made it fun and easy for us. The whole staff went above and beyond to make our event perfect. Our guests have not stopped talking about good the food was and all the little special touches that were included. I'm so happy we chose this venue and would highly recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/02/2016

I loved working with Joanna at The C.V. Rich Mansion! It was the perfect venue for my husband and I. I'm from Westchester, and most of our families live in the TriState area, so we wanted a location not in NYC but close enough so people didn't have to travel too far.

The grounds are lovely. We had our ceremony outside and our cocktail hour/reception inside. Joanna, the venue manager, was great in answering all of my questions throughout the year after we booked the venue.

The food was great, the grounds were amazing. Everything just came together, and I could not have been happier with the way the wedding turned out. My husband feels the same way!

Maria · Married on 08/13/2016

I helped plan my daughter's wedding while she was overseas and I looked at many places including CV Rich and we kept coming back to the beauty of the location, the quality of the catering and a good experience I had with the staff at a previous event. The staff was responsive, flexible and very caring. We were always treated as if it was the most important event. We wanted Latin influences in the menu and they delivered. They found ways to accomodate the children in the bridal party. The guests all commented on the quality of the food and the beauty of the location. The cake is amazing by the way, do one of their tasting if you book them and you will see.

The day of the wedding was scheduled to be hot and humid with possible rain. We were called a few days before to discuss options and we elected to hold the wedding indoors. While we were disappointed not to hold the wedding in their very beautiful garden area, it was the best decision given the temperature. The indoor area was still pretty and they quickly took it down and replaced the wedding area with the tables for the reception.

And even after the event, the attention to detail was amazing. Thank you for the most amazing and fun wedding. My daughter was on Cloud 9 for days.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/04/2016

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at the CV Rich mansion this past September and the venue could not have been more perfect. The staff was top notch, friendly, professional and courteous. The food served during the wedding was abundant and delicious. The interior of the venue was elegant and perfectly complements the surrounding scenery. There was even a shooting star during the vows! It was a picture perfect day and night.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Tina · Married on 07/16/2016

This venue was absolutely amazing! The food was fabulous, the staff was friendly and attentive, and our wedding day was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Linda · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our daughter's wedding at the CV Rich Mansion in White Plains and could not have been happier! It was the perfect venue for our happy couple. The mansion and gardens are exquisite, and the staff was extremely attentive. This is not your typical wedding factory. Joanna Malone, who handled all of the arrangements, was highly knowledgeable and professional, all with a personal touch. She guided us through every step along the way, making made sure the reception went off smoothly and according to plan. And our guests are still raving about the food! There was such a variety of high-quality delicious food choices during both the cocktail hour and reception. It's truly the perfect choice for anyone who wants individual, meticulous, professional attention and have their dream wedding at a very personal, elegant place.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Jesse & Jennifer · Married on 07/09/2016

We highly recommend the CV Rich Mansion. This is definitely not a "wedding factory." We had the mansion to ourselves the day of our wedding. It provides such a unique and elegant setting for any event. We loved how our guests could enjoy the cocktail hour in the garden and throughout the different rooms of the mansion. The main reception hall was also beautifully and appropriately set up and decorated. All of our guests raved about the food and service at cocktail hour and at dinner. Joanna and all other staff members were very professional and accommodating. Joanna was very helpful, flexible, and always a step ahead. Everything was taken care of. We definitely felt at ease and were able to enjoy our time with our guests because we knew we were in good hands.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Elisa · Married on 05/14/2016

This was the perfect venue for us, and Joanna was so lovely to work with. Everything went smoothly, even with the unexpected cloudburst at the start of the ceremony...Joanna had the guests reseated in the ballroom within moments according to our rain plan. We had many guests with special needs and last minute changes, and Joanna was able to accommodate all of them graciously. Absolutely perfect.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Jonathan · Married on 09/20/2015

The C.V. Rich Mansion is a beautiful old home that has a ballroom for the reception, an outdoor area for the ceremony, and a few living-room-like rooms for the cocktail hour. The caterer that services this venue is phenomenal. We felt that the venue itself lent a vintage feel to our wedding, which was exactly what we wanted. Joanna, who was the main contact, was quick to reply to our emailed or voicemailed questions, and was always reassuring whenever we worried about any little detail. Dotty, our maitre d', helped our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception run smoothly and without a single hitch. The rest of the staff there was also professional and helpful. Our guests loved the place as well. We would definitely recommend looking into having your wedding here!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2014

My husband and I got married at the CV Rich Mansion on 10/19/14. We are thrilled with how everything turned out. It was a chilly fall day and initially we were a little disappointed that we had to bring the ceremony inside (we decided to bring it inside after the weather report said it would be low 50’s and windy)… but it ended up being more beautiful than we could have imagined, and our guests were very happy that they were warm and comfortable! We were married in front of a window in the ballroom, where you could see the beautiful yellow leaves behind us, so we still got that fall feel we were looking for. For our menu, we got the platinum package to satisfy our big Italian family, and two months later they are still raving about how much food there was and how delicious it all tasted. I fell in love with the venue the first time I visited it, but now looking at all our pictures we just got back, I love it even more. It is so incredibly different from all the “wedding factory” type of places we’ve been to—it is full of charm, history, and has an “at-home” feel that I’ve never experienced at a formal event before. I couldn’t have picked a better place for a fall wedding—it was so cozy, with tea light candles everywhere, and the foliage was visible through all the windows throughout the building. Joanna and her team were so helpful throughout the entire process, and paid attention to every detail and request we had. She was always prompt in answering our questions, and made sure that our big day had everything we wanted… including an ice luge and pumpkin beer (my favorite!)! I also loved that on 10/19, the focus was completely on us—unlike other venues, only one wedding takes place there at a time, so you are the main focus and are treated that way. We could not be happier with the day we had, and are so grateful to Joanna and the Caperberry team for giving us such an incredible memory to treasure for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 12/19/2014

I worked with Christine throughout the wedding process and she was very nice and accommodating. Everyone loved our food (especially cocktail hour) and I really liked the venue because it is not typical and does not have that "wedding factory" feel.

Sent on 10/16/2014

My Husband and I had our 25th Wedding Anniversary party at the CV Rich Mansion last Saturday. The evening was elegant with cocktails in the mansion and a vow renewal ceremony, dinner and dancing in the ballroom.
    The quality and quantity of the food was amazing from the passed Hors d' oevers and Hot Italian Antipasto Station to the delicious dinner. The staff was very attentive to the guests and the Catering Manager made all the planning easy and seamless. The mansion and ballroom are spacious and rich in history. I agree with my Aunt who called to say "It was the best party she had attended - in her entire life." It was a perfect night we will remember forever.

Sent on 11/06/2013