62 Reviews for Custom weddings by Reverend Jay Howell

Customized Vows (2)
Licensed (2)
Non-religious (1)
62 Custom weddings by Reverend Jay Howell Reviews

All I can really say is this: Jay charmed the snot out of my grandmother, who is famously not easy to please. I've had so many compliments on how heartfelt and romantic our wedding ceremony was. Jay asked a million questions to make sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted it to be. He had us write our own vows and made the whole process all about us and the commitment we were making. It was wonderful. If a friend talks to me about getting married (or I even overhear a complete stranger talking about it) I will be shoving Jay's card in their faces immediately. He is a true professional, and helped make our wedding day amazing.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I am so glad we chose Jay Howell. He is so fun and is very good at what he does. He does a very good job at making your day stress free and really takes the time to get to know both the bride and groom.

Profile Picture Moriah, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

So personalized! You can have exactly what you have always wanted and so much more. Jay was so thoughtful. He helped us in every possible way. First he put my fears to rest with his process, and then he even helped me deal with the other vendors I was still contemplating. On my wedding day, he was light and humorous, and was an amazing calming factor to a hectic day. He made me feel special. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Profile Picture Karen, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Omg. Jay was the best. He made my husband and me feel so comfortable and at ease on our special yet stressful day. He's full of great ideas, a true pro. Loved him!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev Jay helped my wife & me so much. coming for two different religious backgrounds, we were worried about a ceremony that would satisfy both of us. but he put us at ease and conducted the most sincere and balanced ceremony we could've wished for.

Profile Picture Robin, 8/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Howell worked with us in a private session prior to even writing our vows or picking any readings. He gave us great material to look over and truly great advice on writing our vows. Reverend Howell gave us the most memorable and elegantly spoken wedding ceremony. He makes you laugh, cry, and truly BE in the moment we hopefully only get once in a lifetime. Thank you Reverend Howell for your hard work and devotion to making our moment magical and unforgettable!

Profile Picture Kendra, 7/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay married my friends all the way up in Arkansas and did a terrific job. Clean humor with a great dose of professionalism, I'd highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Allen, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I didn't have a specific idea of what we wanted for our ceremony. We needed a little guidance and Jay was so helpful! He made it so easy for us to customize our vows and readings and was very confident everything was going to be perfect and it was! He took so much pressure off that part of the planning. During our ceremony you can hear my husband say "he's crushing it" and several people have contacted me after our wedding to ask where we found him! He was worth every penny!

Profile Picture Denise, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jay Howell was wonderful as our Officiant for my daughter Sarah's wedding, held at the beautiful Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, the first weekend in November. As my daughter and myself both live in the Dallas area, we did not know of or have a Minister to officiate at her wedding. Rev. Howell came highly recommended to us through the Museum staff. We met with him months prior to the wedding and were touched by his thoughtfulness, humor and genuine desire to provide a meaningful ceremony by working with and both my daughter and her fiancé, Jack. He spent time helping the bride and groom decide what they wanted their vows to say and it was a very moving ceremony. Both the Bride and Groom are part Native American and Rev. Howell was very helpful to include that in part of the ceremony. We couldn't be happier or more grateful to Rev. Howell for his help and very highly recommend him to anyone needing an outstanding Officiant. Than you Rev. Howell!
Jerri Webb

Profile Picture Jerri, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay is flexible, positive, and easy going. He was patient with us and gave us great encouragement and confidence in our choices. Our experience was smooth and stress free because of his support and guidance.

Profile Picture David, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Jay Howell was wonderful to work with. Very flexible and easy to get a hold of. He made the day flow so well. He made everything go smoothly and put me at ease.

Profile Picture Kennedy, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Howell made our wedding day so special! Even though my husband and I live in Dallas, Rev. Howell was always attentive when we reached out with questions. He made us feel calm about the whole ceremony part of our day and it turned out exactly how we wanted it to be: short, sweet and personable. I couldn't of asked for a better Reverend for our wedding.

I would highly recommend Rev. Howell to any one looking for an officiant to their wedding. He was wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

Choosing Rev. Jay Howell as our Officiant was one of the easiest decisions we had to make. He is very personable and professional. He provided us with material for writing our vows and gave feedback when needed. He tailored the readings exactly as we chose. Everything flowed perfectly and he kept our guests attention throughout the ceremony. There is a lot of stress that goes into wedding planning, but when it came to this part, he made it stress free! I would highly recommend Jay to anyone in search of the perfect Officiant.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Howell understood what we were wanting and made it happen! He is awesome! Many attendees were super impressed and commented on how "cool" the pastor was.

Profile Picture Jim, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Howell did a fabulous job at helping to make our wedding perfect, and completely fitting to us. He helped us figure out details of the ceremony and vows, which made the whole thing so much more meaningful to us. He also reminded us about other details related to the wedding that we had forgotten! We have already recommended Reverend Howell to other friends that are getting married, and we will continue to do so!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay is awesome! Charismatic, laid back and easy to work with. Jay was very helpful in the wedding ceremony planning process and provided great insights. He ensured that the ceremony flowed seamlessly. Super easy to deal with. Can't go wrong with this guy!

Profile Picture User7086621, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay was awesome from the first time we spoke till the end of our wedding. He made our ceremony very personal and exactly how we wanted. Couldn't have ask for more!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay was amazing! He was fun and engaging. He also made sure our special day ran as smoothly as possible. He was perfect and gave us the short, sweet, fun ceremony we asked him for. He really was exceptional and helped us all feel more confident about our wedding day going exactly how we wanted it to go. We love his style!

Profile Picture Whitney, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jay was fun, friendly, and helped us tailor our ceremony exactly as we wanted it. We got to meet face to face, go over small and large details and plan out our ceremony step by step. He gave us tons of ideas and examples, ultimately leading to the perfect sentimental day. His advice along the way was greatly appreciated.

Profile Picture User4123311, 2+ years ago, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Jay made out wedding really special! He was so helpful and made me and the groom feel at ease during the ceremony :)

Profile Picture User4976330, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Jay Howell was amazing to work with. He met with us and walked us through the process step by step. He helped us to craft the perfect event, that had just the feel and tone we were hoping for. Highly recommend working with him!

Profile Picture Eric, 11/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jay Howell made our wedding and vow experience incredibly smooth and relaxing. Typically, the most stressful moment of a wedding ceremony is when the bride and groom deliver their vows, and readings, to each other, but with Rev. Howell we both felt confident and natural due to his guidance and repetition. We are very thankful that he was able to be the officiant at our wedding and we consider ourselves fortunate and lucky. I would recommend Rev. Jay Howell without hesitation for a wedding officiant as he can provide both a traditional and modern ceremony.

Profile Picture Lesie & Josh, 10/24/15, 1 Review
3.7

Jay was pretty matter of fact but easy enough to work with. We did the option where I write everything so it's cheaper, which was better for us, but easy for him. We are not religious so I'm glad we found someone willing to do a non-religious ceremony. He will show up & sign the papers, which is all we really needed.

Profile Picture User4849057, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Howell was very professional and I felt so relieved planning the ceremony knowing that he has tons of experience officiating weddings and would make everything run smoothly. He was very responsive to questions, laid back, and easy to work with! I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Jay Howell was wonderful. The words he choose fit us perfectly. I truly believe we couldn't have found anyone better to preform our wedding service. Thank you again Reverend Howell for making our day, PERFECT.

Profile Picture Michelle "Mikki", 8/4/15, 1 Review