Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny Reviews

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 4
Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 5
Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 6

Megan · Married on 08/08/2009

I was so happy with my cake and in my conversations with Penny! I had been to 3 other bakeries and I knew that I was going to choose Penny the minute I met her. She was very easy and nice to deal with and she made choosing my cake very easy. My cake was beautiful and just how I wanted it to look and it was also delicious. The home-cooked and fresh cake was just what I was looking for and she had a good selection of flavors. I would reccomend Penny to anyone I know who is getting married and looking for a cake!

Sent on 09/16/2009

Erica · Married on 11/08/2008

I couldn't have better words to say about Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny. Not only did she create my dream wedding cake, but it tasted fabulous. We had a "suitcase" wedding cake that a lot of vendors could not create for us. Penny was willing to attempt an untraditional wedding cake, and she did a fantastic job. The cake looked exactly how we wanted it. We chose 3 flavors for the 3 tiers, and everyone was raving about how it was the best tasting cake they'd ever had. It truly was, the cake was super moist, the frosting fantastic. I am so happy that we chose Penny to do our wedding cake!

Sent on 11/30/2008

Alexander · Married on 04/06/2013

Penny does an amazing job with her wedding cakes. We had a sugar paste flower cascade down our wedding cake, and at a price half that of competitors. The cakes are also delicious to the tongue, not just beautiful to the eye. Penny's talent by far exceeds her price tag, and I recommend you book quick;y before other people come to this realization.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Lisa · Married on 07/10/2009

Penny's cake was gorgeous that she made for my wedding and very reasonably priced compared to those we shopped before. The cake arrived on time and it was just beautiful. We did a non-traditional filling with a banana cream and it was superb. We got many comments from the guests on the banana and how it was really different but extremely light and had exceptional flavor. I would recommend Penny to anyone getting married, had a great experience.

Sent on 09/16/2009

Jen · Married on 07/26/2008

Penny did a wonderful job with our wedding cake! She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in the planning process, and offered several samples of the different cake flavors available.

The cake was gorgeous on our big day! We were so happy with the finished product! It looked even better than we could have imagined. Not only were we thrilled with the appearance of the cake, but it tasted great too! We can't wait to eat the top layer on our first year anniversary! We highly recommend Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny!

Sent on 10/02/2008

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2011

Penny was wonderful to work! Our cake was amazing and tasted great. We asked her for different flavor combination and what she thought would taste best so she gave her professional opinion and was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. We even had a change in venue and she was very flexible and worked with us to help make sure our cake was still there in time! Penny also purchased cake stands for her brides who had square cakes that she thought would be perfect! It was wonderful to have someone think that way and think about her brides! I will be using my cake stand in the future and always think of my special day! What a wonderful experience it was to work with Penny!

Sent on 05/04/2011

Marissa · Married on 06/19/2010

3.5

Penny did an amazing job on the yellow rose sugar flowers! They were absolutely beautiful. The cake tasted delicious and Custom Wedding Cakes offers a wide variety of flavors. She even alternated flavors (chocolate peanut butter fudge and classic trio) for every other layer. Penny was professional, creative, flexible and always responded in a timely manner. It truly was a pleasure working with her!!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Melissa · Married on 06/25/2011

She made our cake for our wedding in Newport, RI and it was perfect. I planned the wedding long distance and she made it so easy to work with her via emails and phone calls. She captured what we were looking for perfectly and everyone loved it!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Tara · Married on 04/15/2006

Cake was good and made as designed

Sent on 11/21/2008

erin · Married on 07/25/2009

0.4
      0.0
      1.0
      0.5
      1.0
      0.0

BUYER BEWARE!! Before the wedding Penny was wonderful. She returned my calls promptly and was very receptive to my ideas for decorating my wedding cake. It all began when my husband, my parents and I went to a food tasting at the Leicester Country Club (where we had our wedding). Penny had some cake samples available in a few different flavors. They were delicious! We especially fell in love with the raspberry cake with dark chocolate truffle filling. We canceled our already booked cake vendor and decided to go with Penny. A BIG MISTAKE!! The day of our wedding we cut into the cake and it was brown. It tasted like cake and that's about as much as I can say for it. It was completely tasteless! It looked and tasted nothing like the cake we had sampled. We understand that mistakes can happen and said we would deal with it after the wedding! My husband spoke to Penny and said that another cake must have gotten mixed up with ours (before it was frosted) because we did not get what we ordered. She was rude enough to say to him that she is not going to "sit and argue with him on the phone, that it was exactly what we ordered and we are absolutely not going to get any money back for this perceived mix-up". She was bold enough to insult our intelligence as well as all 155 guests that also could not tell the flavor of the cake, except that "it had crunchy things in it." The bottom line is this... Although you may sample an excellent cake, it does not mean that you will get anything even close to what you sample. Unfortunately the Leicester Country Club continues to recommend this cake vendor... It is quite a shame.

Sent on 09/01/2009