Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny Reviews

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 4
Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 5
Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 6

Brittany · Married on 10/27/2012

I am a very picky person, if i have a vision in my head I want that exact image, i am also terrible at explaining what i want. Penny was able to execute my dream cake for my wedding it was exactly what i imagined in my head and it was beautiful so much so that i didn't want to eat , but i did and it was delicious! needless to say the cake was one of my favorite part of the wedding ! Thank you so much Penny

Brittany Poirier !!!

Sent on 11/27/2012
  • Crystal (Hurley) Wyckoff

Crystal · Married on 10/13/2012

Thank you so much, Penny! We absolutely loved our wedding cake! Every guest there complimented us on how great it tasted. We did Pumpkin Spice with cream cheese frosting. It was amazing! I ate 3 pieces that night! I can't wait for our one year anniversary so we can eat the rest!! Thank you so much. We couldn't have been any happier!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

It was such a pleasure to make your cake! You are so very sweet and easy to work with. Thank you for your kind words. I'm happy you enjoyed it! :)

Gina · Married on 10/13/2012

Penny did an amazing job on my wedding cake and my grooms cake (New England Patriots themed football). She was so helpful in our consultation, and everyone at the wedding said our cake was the most delicious they had ever tasted. Loved!

Sent on 12/27/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2012

Absolutely amazing! We showed her a picture of what we wanted and she did an amazing job matching it. Our guests couldn't stop saying how delicious the cake was. We were VERY satisfied.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Thank you Sarah and Matthew for your heartfelt review! I am so happy you enjoyed the cake. I will send some pics as soon as I upload my camera to my computer...thanks again! Best,
    Penny

Penny's cakes are outstanding! When my husband & I look back at our wedding day, one of our most favorite parts of the entire day was the cake! Our guests were talking about it long after. Not only was it gorgeous- but it was incredibly delicious!! We loved it so much that we asked Penny to make us a small cake for our anniversary in which she did gladly for us. We recommend Penny to anyone out there looking for an AMAZING wedding cake you will never forget!! Thank you Penny!!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Michelle · Married on 04/22/2012

I loved working with Penny. She did our wedding cake as well as a rehearsal dinner cake which was a birthday cake for our maid of honor and best man. I got lots of compliments on how yummy all the cakes were. She has wonderful flavor options to choose from. I am still hearing rave reviews about one of the flavors we picked -- raspberry cake with dark chocolate truffle filling. I can't wait for our anniversary so that we can take the cake out of the freezer and eat it! (We had 2 flavors for our wedding cake, but I made sure the top was raspberry/chocolate.) Each cake was so beautiful too!
    Penny was responsive and professional. I think her pricing was excellent for a wonderful product.

Sent on 05/10/2012

Susan · Married on 04/15/2012

Penny was outstanding! She had waiting for us a selection of YUMMY cakes to test out, and a ton of pictures to choose from. She was very open if we didn't see what we wanted and OH SO PATIENT while we figured out what we did want. And then when we changed our mind on flavor mere hours after leaving her house, she let us change our flavor again. (REALLY recommend the kahula cake!) It was a big success. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/19/2012
  • I

Irene · Married on 12/24/2011

We asked only weeks before the wedding for a cake to be made for Christmas Eve. Penny didnt hesitate, and was so easy to do business with. Her work is impeccable and her cake was delicious! I would recommend her in a heart beat. She went the extra mile when we needed it.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Gloria · Married on 10/01/2011

It was such a wonderful surprise to see our cake. It was beautiful! Exactly as we pictured but better. We had the pumpkin spice and it was delicious! We had so many comments on the flavor and the design. We could not have been happier. Penny was definitely the best choice.
    Kiera & Shayne

Sent on 10/20/2011

Lisa · Married on 07/02/2011

Penny made our beach themed cake for our wedding July 2nd, 2011. She was so easy and fun to work with and the cake was everything we wanted and more! Instead of traditional cake toppers, we had lobsters made of fondant and they came out so adorable. We also had seashells, starfish, and sandollars on the cake as well. Everyone loved the cake and people are still talking about how beautiful and delicious it was!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Michelle · Married on 06/11/2011

Penny does an awesome job with the cakes! The cake was delicious and she did a good job making it!

Sent on 06/19/2011

Erin · Married on 06/10/2011

Penny was wonderful to work with. She welcomed us to her home for a tasting and a review of different styles. She was accommodating and made us feel at ease. The cake was delicious! She did both the shower cake - beautiful white cake with a giant lavender bow and the wedding cake - 3 tiered round white with strawberry filling! They both were delicious and many commented on the style and taste. Thanks Penny!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Gloria · Married on 04/23/2011

It was a pleasure to work with Penny. She was extremely professional and assisted us in choosing a cake that met our specifications. She was able to make our custom wedding cake with only a two week notice. The cake not only looked beautiful, it tasted delicious!
    I would highly recommend Penny to anyone looking for a custom cake!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Laura · Married on 10/10/2010

I am so glad I chose Wedding Cakes by Penny for my wedding cake service! It was AMAZING! Penny is so creative and flexible, she made planning my cake a blast. She never told me something I wanted wasn't possible. She kept in touch with me in the upcoming weeks to the wedding so we were always on the same page. And on my wedding day our glorious wedding cake was delivered in plenty of time to my venue. It was beautiful, artistic, and JUST what we wanted! Of all of the flavors she had to choose from, my husband and I picked Pumpkin Spice for our October wedding, and it was a huge hit! It tasted like donuts, it was incredible. I got more compliments on the cake than on my wedding dress!! :) An excellent cake-maker! Thank you Penny!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2010

NICOLE · Married on 10/10/2010

I had an idea in my head of what I wanted for my wedding cake and when I saw the cake it was even better than I thought it would be. The flavors were amazing and I can't wait for my 1 year to eat some more!!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2010

The flavor options for Penny's cake's were all absolutely delicious - it was hard to choose! The cake was entirely customized to what we asked for and it was done beautifully and exactly what we pictured for a really great price. The cake was not only gorgeous but also tasty - we received so many compliments from our guests. Penny's work was seemless, we arrived at the reception to find the perfect cake waiting for us.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Erin · Married on 10/01/2010

Penny's cake was unbelievable! We ordered the pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting and we still have guests talking about how good the cake was. She also did a great job decorating the cake as we had discussed. She was very prompt and reliable - we would recommend Penny and her fabulous cakes to anyone getting married!

Sent on 01/01/2011

Marianne · Married on 09/19/2010

Penny was an absolute joy to work with. She is friendly, professional and creative. She came up with the perfect cake to fit our day. The cake was delicious.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Angela · Married on 08/27/2010

Penny did an EXCELLENT job on both our wedding cake and groom's cake. She was very professional, efficient and provided great creativity/brainstorming when helping us to create our cakes! Both cakes were a big hit at our wedding! We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Angela & Greg Thomas

Sent on 09/20/2010

Sarah · Married on 08/22/2010

Penny is a pleasure to work with. She is friendly, professional and highly creative.
    Her website is a little dated, but don't let that deter you from working with her. Her cakes are delicious, modern and beautiful. We were ecstatic when we saw our custom wedding cake by penny!

Sent on 08/25/2010
  • Mariss

Marissa · Married on 08/21/2010

Our cake was beautiful and so so yummy!! My husband and I ended up eating the top layer that we were saving only 2 days after the wedding because it was so good and we couldn't wait a whole year! We got many compliments on how good the cake was from our guests. We were very happy and would deffinately recommend Penny to anyone who wants a beautiful and delicious cake!!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Melissa · Married on 08/14/2010

We were very happy with the cake Penny made for us; it came out exactly how we wanted. We only needed to send her a few example pictures of what we were looking for and our colors, and she ran with it and it was perfect. Looked like something out of a wedding magazine (look at her website and you'll see some examples of her work and level of detail she is capable of). Penny really is talented and experienced and it shows when you see your cake on your wedding day.

As far as taste, it was probably one of the best wedding cakes I've ever had. We went with a 3 layer cake with traditional white on the top and bottom and chocolate rasberry in the middle. We also got to try 3 other flavors during a tasting, all great.

All in all the process was easy, the results were great, and we would highly recommend Penny to anyone we know for their wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Victoria · Married on 07/20/2010

Our spice cake was super moist and super delicious! The frosting was superb and there was not a single piece of cake left -- I would say our guests LOVED the cake, and that doesn't happen all the time! I LOVED the calla lillies Penny created out of frosting.

Sent on 08/31/2010

Priya · Married on 07/03/2010

PENNY: Thank you for making our wedding cake. It was not only beautiful but also absolutely delicious. I loved the detail of the bumblebee's and the ribbon. One of our guests said that it was THE BEST wedding cake she had tasted. Thank you for making our reception memorable.
    Regards,

Priya and Glenn

Sent on 07/16/2010

Jackie · Married on 06/12/2010

Penny made us an absolutely beautiful and delicious cake!! I had no worries at all, and I totally trusted her expertise, and she did just such a wonderful job! Our cake had SO MANY compliments. I have more pictures of our wedding cake than of anything else! We're looking forward to eating that top layer on our anniversary. THANK YOU, PENNY!!

Sent on 11/19/2010