Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny Reviews

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 5
Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 6

Mariana Cruz · Married on 03/10/2018

Wonderful!

Penny was totally profesional and super nice and gave us everything we wanted and gave great suggestions. On top of her cake tasting AMAZING, she was awesome with us! Could’ve have gone better. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Thank you Mariana and Bryan! It was such a pleasure to create your wedding cake and cupcakes. The hand sculpted cake stand was just so perfect, what a treasure! I'm so grateful to have been able to help make your wedding day a happy one. Thanks again so much! Best, Penny

Jennifer · Married on 12/16/2017

Cakes By Penny was fabulous. She was recommended by our friends who were married in July and we loved their cake and ours was absolutely wonderful. The cake itself was delicious we had lemon raspberry and pumpkin spice for our top and the decoration was perfect. She was very professional and we loved that we were able to try samples not just see the pictures. Would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Jennifer and Keith, I'm very happy you were so please with your wedding cake! It was a fun cake to create with your own unique designs. I loved the light up cake top you chose, it really went well with the flowers too. Thank you (and Red + Penny for passing my name on!) Happy New Year to you all! Best, Penny

Danielle · Married on 11/25/2017

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny has made my wedding day so special! Penny created a cupcake/cake wedding tier for my reception and I loved everything about it! The cupcakes were soft and fresh and I ate all the leftovers! I highly recommend Penny!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Thank you Danielle and Adam! It was a pleasure making your day special. I made a few extra cupcakes, so glad you enjoyed them! Have a very happy 2018! Best, Penny

Heather · Married on 11/04/2017

Penny does such amazing work! Everything we asked for and then some. The flavor of the cake is some of the best we've ever had, the presentation was on point, and the cake was at the venue and set up not just on time, but a touch early. We will definitely use her again for other cake needs!
    ---Doug and Heather Wood

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 7

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Thank you so much for your comments, I loved working with you and making your cake a reality! Best wishes to you both!

Kristen · Married on 09/24/2017

Penny was a joy to work with! We wanted a simple, elegant cake and it turned out beautifully. We had several guests who told us they wished they could have more and that it was so delicious. Penny was flexible throughout the whole process. Highly recommended!

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 8

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Kristen and Ian, Thank you both so much for giving me the opportunity to help making your day a special one! God Bless! Best, Penny

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2017

Penny is absolutely wonderful and her cakes are delicious! She is easy to work with. My cake is one thing I did not have to stress out about from the moment we met with her til the day she delivered it. Not only did we have her do our wedding cake but it was so good a month later we had her make my father in-laws birthday cake!! I highly recommend Penny!!!

Sent on 12/26/2017
    Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 9
    Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 10
    Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 11

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Ashley and John, I was so very happy to make both your wedding cake and Greg's birthday cake for you. I loved working with you and the cake top you made was so unique and special! Wishing you the Happiest of New Years... Thank you again! Best, Penny

Penny · Married on 07/22/2017

the cake was amazing and our friends ended up ordering the same cake for their wedding! just delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 12/28/2017
    Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny 12

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Penny and Red, thank you again for choosing me to create your cake! You were so easy to work with and gave me the freedom to create the flowers. What a compliment from you to send your friends, Jennifer and Keith, to me as well! I appreciate it so very much! Have a very Happy New Year!!!

Jocelyn · Married on 02/18/2017

Penny made my daughter's quincenera cake. We gave her a picture of what we wanted. It came out beautiful, and it looked exactly the same as the photo. We were pleased to discover that it was also delicious. In all honesty, it was so beautiful, I figured we could take a hit on the flavor. I was surprised that it could be both beautiful and tasty. I also had some gluten free cupcakes made for my gluten-free guests, and those were awesome too. They were very moist and had great flavor.
    I have 2 other daughters, and will be using Penny again.

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Thank you, your comments are so appreciated! It was fun meeting with you and recreating the cake you wanted. Looking forward to working with you again! Happy New Year! Best, Penny
  • User5197928 · 2+ years ago

Penny is a delight and her cakes are incredibly delicious. I look forward to using her again in the future.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Thank you...You were so great to work with! I appreciate your compliments. Best wishes always!

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! Loved working with Penny she is the best at what she does.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Thank you! So happy you enjoyed your cake!

Alicia · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Penny. When I met with her I had copies of designs I knew I wanted and when she showed me the many books of all the creations Penny has done over the years I was in awe. I ended up picking a custom design that was just beyond what I could dream up of on my own and if that wasn't enough to make me smile she asked what my wedding colors were to incorporate that into my cake, I didn't even know that was an option! After we decided on design we went to the best part, cake testing! I will just leave it as words cannot describe the amazing tastes and flavors that were offered, I was just so thrilled with everything from top to bottom. I spent so much time choosing the perfect dress and the perfect location and now months after when people talk about my wedding the only thing they mention is how great that cake was. Wedding planning is stressful enough and I can guarantee this is one vendor that will get the job done and leave you completely satisfied.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Thank you Alicia!

Meghan · Married on 08/24/2014

Penny is the sweetest woman and makes THE MOST DELICIOUS CAKES! She was kind, personal and totally reasonable. She really seems to love her work. We got a BEAUTIFUL cake and she (unlike other vendors) doesn't charge for a beautiful cake stand! We met with another vendor whose cake was dry and personality didn't come close to Penny's- and yet, that vendor wanted to charge use nearly $100 more!

Go with Penny- you won't regret it! With so many choices to make and vendors to juggle- this one is an easy YES!

The cake was so good that we didn't even bother freezing the top- we ate it the night before we left for the honeymoon! Also, I saw a good friend after the wedding and she told me that when someone at her table had to leave suddenly- she and her guest grabbed the rest of their cake and ate it...it was that good...

Sent on 12/10/2014

Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny's reply:

Meghan, Thank you so much for such a beautiful review! What a sweet, unexpected surprise in my mailbox today! You made my day. :)
  • Cathryn

Cathryn · Married on 08/01/2014

I first had one of Penny's cakes 25 years ago. Penny has built her reputation on the most amazing tasting cakes, now she has exquisite designs to go along with flavors. I could swear that her pricing has not changed either! I don't know how she does it, except that Penny has a passion for what she does. I was beyond thrilled that she wanted to do my small cake request with a rather short notice.
    I selected a flavor without tasting, because with Penny you know you are going to get AWESOME!
    Penny went above and beyond and gave me 2 samples of the Kaluha Cookie, making sure I had one to bring back to Mike. She also surprised me with making some extra accents to put on the cake!
    I am so thankful and appreciative of her artistry.

Michelle · Married on 06/28/2014

Our wedding cake was so beautiful!! It was exactly what I had in mind, and was absolutely delicious!!! It was such a pleasure working with Penny. She's wonderful! I highly recommend Cakes by Penny. :)

Erika · Married on 06/14/2014

Penny was fabulous to work with! I would recommend her for sure!

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2014

Penny was wonderful! We have attended weddings that Penny provided the cake for in the past, so we knew of her work. She was very accomodating and prompt, and was flexible enough to work around our busy schedules to find a time to meet.
    When we met with Penny, we had an idea of what we wanted our cake to look like, but we weren't certain about all of the details. Penny was extremely helpful in taking our ideas and also providing us with the right advice to make our cake work.
    We were able to taste several cake flavors, and all of them were delicious! We decided on Penny's Kahlua cookie cake, which was amazing -- we highly recommend it if you are chocolate or coffee lovers!
    We cannot thank Penny enough for providing our beautiful wedding cake!

Sherese · Married on 11/17/2013

My husband and I were so pleased with having Penny make our wedding cake. We ended up picking a pumpkin cake that had a butter cream frosting on the outside and then a cream cheese frosting inside. It was the perfect cake for our fall wedding. The wedding was a wonderful event and the delicious cake just helped to top off the evening. We actually had so many of our guests come up to us and say that the cake was the best wedding cake that they had ever tasted! I totally recommend Custom Wedding Cakes by Penny. She makes beautiful delicious cakes and her prices are also very good.

Michelle · Married on 10/27/2013

A couple weeks prior to our wedding, our original baker had a family emergency and told us he could not make our wedding cake. He referred us to Penny. I called her and we discussed the cake over the phone and the urgency of our need to have a cake made for our wedding. Penny said she would make it for us on such a short notice. We provided her with a picture of the cake and she made it exactly as we asked. The cake was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you Penny for making us such a wonderful cake.

Debbie · Married on 10/26/2013

Penny was just wonderful to deal with. Her cakes are just beautiful and delicious. She made my vision of a cake a reality!. I was so happy with the results and I received many compliments from my wedding guests. I would definitnely recommend her to anyone!

Tracy · Married on 10/12/2013

Penny paid close attention to detail and created exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding cake. It was a spice cake, cream cheese frosting on the inside with butter cream frosting on the outside, it was delicious!!! I cannot wait to enjoy it again come our 1 year anniversary. Very happy and would highly recommend. Thank you Penny!

Amy · Married on 10/06/2013

She went above and beyond for my wedding cake. She is a true artist. I gave her a non traditional request on how we wanted our cake and she made it happen. She takes pride in her work and you can see that in the final product. My cake was the talk of my wedding. On top of the design being beautiful, it tasted great too. I could not be happier!

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2013

Very attentive to detail, professional, and the wedding cake tasted as beautiful as it looked. I've been to many weddings where the cake only look pretty but was too dry or tasted awful. Penny has a wonderful gift of being able to create the perfect cake that tastes perfect too! I can't wait to eat me cake for our 1 year anniversary!

Penny is the best!! She is so wonderful to work with. I was a very indecisive bride and she was so helpful with putting my ideas together to create the most beautiful wedding cake we could have asked for. It was absolutely perfect for the feel and style of our wedding and, of course, delicious! She is very professional and has a portfolio of beautiful cake designs to look at for inspiration. I highly recommend choosing Custom Cakes by Penny for your wedding cake. Her work is amazing and you will love what she creates for you!

Penny Eagleton was extremely pleasant and easy to work with every at step of the process. She helped my husband and I come up with a design that really suited us by combining several ideas that we had. Beyond just looking at inspiration pictures, she really listened to us and took the time to understand the vibe of our wedding and matched it perfectly. And her cakes are delicious! There isn't a single flavor we tested that we did not like. You should definitely pick Custom Wedding Cakes if you are looking for a beautiful cake and a stress-free and fun experience.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/04/2013

Penny was absolutely amazing. We strived to use only gay friendly vendors for our wedding, and she didn't hesitate at all when we said we were a same sex couple. She treated us with respect and sincere friendliness.

She took our ideas - and they were different than most traditional/modern wedding cakes, and made them into a reality. We wanted a hexagon shaped cake and other bakers gave us grief over wanting such an unpopular shape, and Penny didn't even bat an eye and just said, "oh yes I can do that". She matched our wedding colors fabulously, put elements that we both really wanted with tiny hand-design work over the frosting, and it looked absolutely beautiful. Not only did it look pretty, but oh did it taste DIVINE! The cake layers were so moist and so fresh, and the frosting had just the right amount of sweetness, each bite left you wanting more!

Couples would be lucky to have Penny make their wedding cake!