Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews

569 Reviews for Custom Sewing by Heather

569 Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews
  • Karissa

Karissa · Getting married on 07/13/2019

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Brooke V · Getting married on 11/03/2018

Total dress transformation!!! A+ work!!!

Heather is amazing! I wasn't able to find the "perfect" dress, so I purchased one with a front a loved and knew the back needed some work. Heather removed the lace and buttons on the back and designed beautiful straps that gave the dress the classic and timeless look I had been searching for. Her work is flawless and, even though she works with many brides, she always made me feel like my dress was the only one that mattered. On top of her great work, she is professional and accommodating and made room for me in her schedule even though I contacted her later than many of her brides typically do. I am so thankful for Heather and would recommend her without any hesitation!!!

Brittani · Married on 10/20/2018

Heather is the best in the business! I just picked my dress up last night and it was absolutely perfect! I never once had to worry or stress out about my dress. Every appointment was short and sweet and she nailed it with my dress! She is absolutely fantastic!

• Tiffany

Tiffany Nobello · Married on 10/20/2018

Heather is amazing!

I brought my dress to Heather and am so glad I did! First of all, she was extremely quick to answer me when I first reached out to her to set up appointments. She made the entire experience seamless -- from the time I first brought it in to the time I picked it up, I felt extremely confident that Heather would make my dress beautiful - and she did! She offered suggestions and I am so happy with the way it turned out. It fits perfectly, it's comfortable, and is even more gorgeous then when I first got it. If you see anyone, I highly recommend Heather. She was a joy to work with!

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2018

Heather was awesome to work with! She knew just what I needed to make my dress perfect. From beginning to end I never worried about the finished product and it was amazing!

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Heather was an absolute dream to work with! Every bride wants to feel beautiful on their wedding day and the dress is such a big part of that feeling. Heather is thorough and the quality of her work shined through in every alteration. I was so blown away with Heather and could not recommend her enough to any future bride!

Trisha · Married on 10/06/2018

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! She is a total perfectionist - which I can absolutely appreciate! She paid attention to every detail of my wedding dress and did not miss a thing. Each fitting session was a breeze and so enjoyable. I felt so confident in Heather to perfect my dress to fit my body, and she did just that. Highly recommend her for any/all of your alteration needs!

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Heather was fantastic to work with-she thought of absolutely everything and made my rack dress fit me like a glove!! Thank you heather!!!! :)

Jill · Married on 10/05/2018

I totally procrastinated getting my bridesmaids dress altered for my sisters wedding this summer and two different friends suggested I use Heather. I am SO HAPPY I listened. Not only did she fit me in her schedule in the busiest month of the summer (wedding season is officially upon us) but the dress fits perfectly and was finished in less than a week. AMAZING! On top of this, I was put in charge of "bustling" my sisters dress (which Heather put in the dress) and it is beautiful and VERY easy to follow. The day of will be stress free and the bustle will look great! I would recommend using Heather for any single alteration.

Eva · Married on 10/05/2018

Heather did an amazing job with my dress! It was a size 16 and I am a size 3. I had 3 months to get it altered and Heather was able to fit me in! My dress has beaded work, very elegant as well as lots of ruffles and layers. Heather was able to get the dress to fit me perfectly and comfortably despite all the details and fabric. I am more than pleased with the great work she did for me!

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2018

Heather was incredible to work with; she has an amazing attention to detail and really knew how to keep the integrity of my dress, while making it fit perfectly. She has a beautiful space and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. I would highly recommend using Heather for any of your alteration needs, but especially your wedding dress!

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

I had the most amazing experience with Heather! She was completely honest with everything from the start. She makes it custom to YOU! I would recommend 100 times over.

Tasha · Married on 09/08/2018

She did amazing! And has an amazing talent!

Jordan · Married on 09/08/2018

There are not enough words to express how grateful I am for Heather's work on my dress. It fit like a glove and I received so many compliments on how perfect and beautiful my dress was on my wedding day! Heather is very patient, understanding, flexible, kind, listens to what you want, but also makes recommendations based on her previous experiences. She is very professional but yet makes a genuine effort to get to know you throughout the entire process. I highly recommend Heather for anyone needing any work on their wedding dress - she will make you feel like a queen!

Alyssa · Married on 09/08/2018

From the minute I walked into Heather’s beautiful studio, I knew I was in good hands. My dress had multiple layers of skirt and a delicate lace edge, and Heather knew exactly what needed to be done. She recommended a double French bustle, which turned out stunning. I got so many compliments on my dress, and can’t thank Heather enough for her hard work!

Briana · Married on 09/01/2018

Heather was wonderful to work with. She scheduled all my fittings during my first phone call and even was able to work me in for an extra fitting when I'd lost some weight. She made my dress fit exactly as I'd hoped it would, and I felt so confident and beautiful wearing it. Highly recommend!

Calleigh · Married on 08/25/2018

Heather was fantastic to work with and she did an amazing job on my dress! She hands down knows what she is doing! I had 5 fittings with her and each one was super fast, she did the work she said she was going to do, and I never had a doubt that my dress wouldn't fit perfectly by the end! She knows so much about the material of dresses and how they need to be handled. I would definitely recommend Heather!

Laura · Married on 08/25/2018

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! I had 6 appointments total and she made me feel SO comfortable! She truly knows the ins and outs of wedding dresses, and I never once doubted her ability to make sure my dress fit perfectly by the end. She also squeezed in time to complete another dress for me that I will wear to our rehearsal. Not only was it during her busy summer season, but she did a fantastic job and it looks and fits perfectly. And, her studio is absolutely gorgeous!! The chandelier, mirror, and natural sunlight are a dream. I already referred one friend to her and I will definitely be referring more to her in the future! It was worth every penny to have her as my seamstress.

Lanoy · Married on 08/18/2018

I had a great experience with Heather . She delivered exactly what I wanted . Absolutely gorgeous

Katya · Married on 08/12/2018

5 stars across the board! Heather is so kind and does beautiful, no, GORGEOUS work. She took my dress and made it absolutely PERFECT. I cannot say enough good things about her as a person and her work. She is so fun to work with, personable, and understanding of your vision. My dress fits like a glove and it custom to my body perfectly.
    I can't wait for my big day! (august 12) and with her work, it's been made even more spectacular!
    Thank you Heather!
    Highly recommend her services!
    Katya

Brittany · Married on 08/11/2018

Where do I even begin?? Heather is absolutely fantastic. I was very nervous about anyone doing alterations on my dream wedding dress due to the extravagant detail, but Heather made me feel so confident and all of my nerves were washed away not even 2 minutes into my first appointment with her. I think what sets Heather apart from everyone else is how she explains every little detail of what she's doing and what every single pin she puts in place is going to do to the overall look of the dress. I could go on and on about how absolutely wonderful and professional Heather was! 10/10 would recommend to anyone. It really helps when you can see how much someone LOVES what they are doing, and I could tell instantly upon meeting her this is her passion.

Sawyer · Married on 08/11/2018

Heather made me feel so at ease with the alterations process for my perfect dress. I loved my dress when I picked it up from The Wedding Shoppe, but the top did not fit well. Heather was able to transform the top of my dress to make it feel like it was made specifically for me. When my body composition changed a little toward the end of my alterations process, she squeezed in a couple of extra appointments to ensure that my dress would be perfect. I couldn't have made a better choice for my seamstress. I can't wait to share photos of my dress after the big day!

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2018

Heather is absolutely incredible!! She is so professional and easy to work with. She runs her appointments on time and efficiently. She has such amazing attention to details! She listened to all of my concerns with my dress and made sure that it was completely perfect. She did an awesome job explaining the process of altering a wedding dress. Her prices were fair and she gave me a breakdown of the cost. She is so talented at what she does and you can tell that she loves doing it! I will recommend her to any of my friends and family who need anything altered! My dress was absolutely perfect!!

Anna · Married on 08/04/2018

Heather is absolutely amazing. I was very pleased with my alterations - She can do anything! I also loved working with her because she is professional and you can tell she is a perfectionist. She had me come in to try the dress on a total of 5 times to make sure everything was just right. I can't believe how great it turned out and how organized she is with everything! I will be recommending her to all of my friends who are getting married!