Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews

Custom Sewing by Heather 6
Custom Sewing by Heather 7

Emily Bollinger · Getting married on 02/05/2021

The BEST for Bridal Alterations

I just had my final alterations appointment with Heather, and I cannot say enough good things about her. First and foremost, my dress is even more stunning than I could have possibly imagined, and I cannot wait to wear it down the aisle in a few weeks. Heather was a dream to work with from the beginning: she responded very quickly to my inquiry and had all five appointments set up from the get go. Her studio is warm, welcoming, and absolutely beautiful. She is kind, compassionate, complimentary, and so incredibly skilled at her craft. I felt nothing but comfortable and in good hands with my alterations. Custom Sewing by Heather is by far the best option for bridal alterations.

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Kara

Kara Plath · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Thank you, Heather!!!!

I truly cannot thank Heather enough for piecing together the absolute perfect dress for my wedding day. Heather was a pleasure to work with and is a true professional. My dress had a personality of its own and Heather handled every alteration with grace. Heather even selflessly switched around her extremely busy schedule to squeeze in a few fittings for me. I would highly recommend working with Heather.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Jordyn

Jordyn Lehman · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding Dress Alternation Review

Heather is absolutely amazing at what she does. I found her looking on Facebook for alternations in my area and she is was 100% the right decision. She pays attention to all of the little details on your dress to make sure that it is going to look amazing for you on your wedding day. She is extremely friendly and has an amazing studio in her home for her appointments.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Witta · Married on 11/05/2019

Heather is so talented!

Heather went above and beyond for me. I bought a dress off Etsy and it turned into a total disaster. She was SO accommodating when I decided to get a new dress last minute (which I don't recommend by the way). Not only that but she did an INCREDIBLE job on that new dress in a short time period. I cannot wait for my wedding day. Thanks Heather!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah Zastrow · Married on 11/01/2019

I will never go to anyone else!

Heather made my dress look better than I could have ever imagined. When I went to her, I had no idea what I was doing. I didn’t know what I wanted changed, I just knew how I wanted to “feel”. I babbled on and on about this and the whole time Heather listened to me, and used her expertise to translate my “feelings” into the most perfect dress for me. I am still in awe of the masterpiece she created, and so grateful I found someone who is so patient and talented. Also, Heather is extremely professional and personable. She is so sweet and communicates in a way that makes the process seamless for both of you. (Pun intended) Honestly, picking up my dress was bittersweet because I am going to miss seeing her! I could not recommend Heather more!!!

Sent on 10/24/2019
    Custom Sewing by Heather 8
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/26/2019

Book her today!

I thought my dress alterations were going to be complicated and difficult, but they didn't make Heather blink twice. She's been doing dresses for 30 years and it shows - she's a pro. I like that when she took me on as a client we got all of my appointments on the books right away and she was able to squeeze me in for another short one when additional work was required. She truly listens to what the bride wants and was able to make my complicated dress fit like a glove. She's honest and tells you all you need to know about your dress. Can't wait to wear it in October!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Jessica Kolz · Married on 10/19/2019

Incredible experience with Heather!

I had an absolutely incredible experience with Heather. Not only is she EXTREMELY talented at her craft, but her business is run brilliantly and her studio space is like none other. I was nervous about getting my dress altered and unsure about how it would all come together, but I couldn't have been more happy. With only 3 weeks away from my wedding, having that last fitting and picking up my dress made me even more excited to walk down the aisle to my wonderful, future husband. I would recommend Heather hands down.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Amanda · Married on 10/05/2019

Remarkable!!

My family has been going to heather for a very long time over the last 15 years. Her talent is nothing short of amazing. I brought my dress to her a year ago in hopes we could make it fit like a glove. It was quite the intricate process with this dress and Heather did not disappoint. I would recommend her to anyone. I’ve never felt more beautiful in my life then on my wedding day in that dress. Thank you Heather!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2019
    Custom Sewing by Heather 9
    Custom Sewing by Heather 10
    Custom Sewing by Heather 11

Sammey · Married on 09/21/2019

The perfect dress!

Heather really is a fairy godmother! I loved my dress from the moment I saw it, but didn’t have the best experience purchasing it. I was so worried it wouldn’t work, but Heather waved her wand and truly made magic happen. The dress looked like it was made for me! It was a very positive experience and I can’t say thank you enough. The quality of the work was flawless. Highly recommend to all brides! Book early. Appointments fill up fast!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Alixis

Alixis Smith · Married on 09/14/2019

Absolute perfection!

Heather is absolutely amazing! I broke my knee about 8 months ago now and wasn't able to come in until a month or two before my wedding day because I had a brace on for a long time. She worked with me to get enough time in and also made my dress fit me like a glove! I truly have nothing but good things to say about Heather and her work - I highly recommend her for any bride. Also - listen to her when she tells you about not worrying if your bustle falls apart because you step on it - it's not her fault - you stepped on it. I still had a great time even though I ruined by bustle.

Sent on 09/23/2019
    Custom Sewing by Heather 12
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2019

Best seamstress ever!

I recommend Heather for anyone looking for alterations! I had to cancel all 5 of my alteration appointments because my wedding dress did not arrive within the promised time frame. My dress arrived 12 business days before my wedding. Heather squeezed all 5 of my appointments into her evenings (personal time). She was able to take the one thing that I didn't love about my dress, off the shoulder sleeves, and turn them into a cap sleeve. I was SO happy with how my dress fit. All day and night I received compliments on how well my dress fit. I was told over and over again how the dress looked like it was made just for me. I have Heather to thank for that.

Thank you Heather for turning a horrible situation into an amazing experience! You were so much fun to work with!

P.S.- Thank you for the amazing job you did on my mom's dress as well. She also received countless compliments.

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Custom Sewing by Heather 13
    Custom Sewing by Heather 14
    Custom Sewing by Heather 15
    Custom Sewing by Heather 16
  • Nora

Nora Adams · Married on 09/07/2019

Heather is amazing!

I can’t recommend Heather highly enough!! She was wonderful to work with. Fittings were quick and easy, and my alterations were finished in no time! Heather is the best!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Elise

Elise Martin · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

Heather is so talented! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Christine · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent Experience!

Heather was recommended to my by my bridal shop, and I'm so glad that they sent me her way! I purchased my dress off the rack so it needed quite a bit of work to make it fit perfectly. Heather did a beautiful job, even going out of her way to help schedule an extra appointment for me when I needed it, and I received so many compliments on my wedding day! Additionally, the bustle was easy for my bridesmaids to do, and it held up all night despite non-stop dancing!

Sent on 09/09/2019

megan mckeen · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing work and so nice to work with

I had my wedding dress tailored by Heather for my August wedding and it's PERFECT! To quote my mom, "it looks like the dress was made for you." She did some basic alterations like shortening the skirt, lifting the straps, sewn-in cups, etc. She also added a bubble bustle, which I 100% recommend for any bride! It's a much more natural bustle look.

She has excellent communication with clients and makes sure we understand what we're having done, what we need to bring and how to make sure we keep our dresses looking their best. I would recommend her to anyone in need of wedding tailoring!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Jason & Heather · Married on 07/26/2019

Heather is a master!

Truthfully, I first called Heather about altering my dress because we have the same name and Heathers should support Heathers 😉 I am so glad I did! She was so professional, was super organized, had wonderful ideas, and the dress turned out exactly the way I hoped it would! I was very comfortable leaving my dress in her hands! Thank you Heather!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Heather Shumaker · Married on 07/20/2019

Perfect results and easy to work with

Heather is a very talented seamstress who definitely knows her stuff! My dress is strapless and she altered it perfectly so that it won't move an inch on my wedding day. My dress has a lot of detail on it and her work was seamless. She also has a beautiful studio and was incredibly easy to work with!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • KIMBERLY

KIMBERLY ERICKSON · Married on 07/20/2019

Heather is incredible!

Heather – Custom Sewing by Heather
    I was overwhelmed with options for alterations on a wedding gown. My head spun OFF just googling and asking for referrals. But I knew it was very important and I couldn’t just trust anyone with my gown! I bought it off the rack in a few sizes too big and needed it taken in, hemmed, I wanted to add a bow to my back/butt and needed the built in breast cups removed. I am small chested with a smaller waist, bigger hip bones and collar bones. I needed someone that knew how to make this dress fit ME! Being it strapless, it was crucial to have it altered right to fit and not slide down and not make it look like my skin/shoulder fat is popping out! I was anxious and nervous during my searches. Cost wasn’t a concern as I just needed someone that knew what they were doing! I kept seeing “Custom sewing by Healther” come up and ALL the reviews were gleaming. I made my first call and held my breath. Totally uneducated on what to expect or what answers to have prepared, I was greeted on a Monday morning by a soft spoken, patient and kind, Heather. I was honest in being clueless, but she never made me feel dumb or hurried. She asked basic questions and was informative on what to expect. She asked how I found her and I was honest that I just went with my gut but that her reviews online were ALL positive and amazing. So clearly she knew what she was doing. She responded saying how much she appreciates that feedback and that she is humbled by those comments I made. I loved her immediately. I never called anywhere else. I went through what I wanted and she never forgot a detail. Come my first visit, she brought up everything we discussed, clearly organized and a professional. She reviewed everything kindly, slowly and calmly. I never felt like an inconvenience or “just another customer”. Her home is inviting and beautiful. She is a 45 minutes drive from my home, and I had 7 (!!!) visits with her. So that should tell you how much I loved her and her work! My dress was PERFECT and exactly what I wanted. Heather listened to my concerns on the tightness around my waist, and boom! Perfection in how the dress felt to me (a little more snug on my hip bones where the dress rested), but made no difference to anyone else! Amazing! Thank you Heather! You are a true artist! Keep up the amazing work! You made me feel like a princess on my wedding day and for that, I cannot express my gratitude enough!!!!

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Custom Sewing by Heather 17
    Custom Sewing by Heather 18
  • Karissa

Karissa · Married on 07/13/2019

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • Nora

Nora · Married on 07/13/2019

Professional, welcoming, bridal focused

Wow. What can I say about Heather? She knows here stuff? YES. She is incredibly knowledgable and focuses only on bridal alterations? YES. She is patient and will take the time to educate you? YES. She sticks to her appointment schedule like clockwork? YES. She does not make you wait on someone else if they were late making everything get pushed back? Definitely not. :) She has the easiest bustling system I have ever seen (and I have seen many)? YES. She has a wonderfully airy, immaculate, and well-lit alterations studio? YES.

I knew I wanted to add some kind of strap to my dress, and with eyelash lace and delicate tulle on my dress, we worked together to find the right type of straps that would look like a natural part of the dress. The end result was so beautiful- and looked like it had been designed that way from the start. Heather’s focus is completely on bridal- and with such variations in wedding dresses, I can’t imagine not working with someone who’s sole focus in on bridal alterations. Choose Heather. You will not regret it. :)

Sent on 09/08/2019
    Custom Sewing by Heather 19
    Custom Sewing by Heather 20
    Custom Sewing by Heather 21

Tatum · Married on 07/06/2019

Highly Recommend Custom Sewing by Heather

I cannot say enough kind words about Heather! She was so great to work with. She is so talented and kind hearted! She turned the dress I liked into my absolute dream wedding dress. Heather was flexible with appointment times and all my appointments were quick & easy!
    I highly recommend Custom Sewing by Heather to every bride!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/29/2019

Wonderful Seamstress!

Heather is absolutely wonderful and so kind! She was recommended by the bridal salon I bought my dress from. I drove 3 hours round trip just to have her do my alterations. I cannot imagine taking my wedding gown to anyone else! She makes sure everything is perfect and precise! Her studio is so beautiful and quiet. She is such a dream to work with! You definitely get the service and quality you deserve!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Marin W · Married on 06/28/2019

Working with Heather was great! I love my dress even more than I did when I bought it!

Heather’s attention to detail and knowledge did not go unnoticed! She was so kind, thorough with her appointments, and quick to respond to any emails or texts. I couldn’t be happier with my wedding alterations! 😍

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 06/22/2019

Heather is amazing!!

I cannot say enough great things about Heather. She was truly amazing to work with! Heather is so kind and caring and talented. She truly cares about you and making sure your dress is perfect! Heather only works with bridal gowns, so she knows her stuff! I am even more in love with my dress now after having it altered. I would highly recommend Custom Sewing by Heather to any bride in need of alterations!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

The calming nature you need!

Heather is wonderful to work with! I came to her not excited about my wedding dress. She reassured me everything was going to turn out great (after the bridal store messed it up)! We made a plan that made me feel confident it was going to turn out beautiful! After already having multiple appointments with Heather the bridal shop decided they were going to give me my correct dress. Heather was AMAZING about starting on a new dress. We had to add quite a few appointments from our original plan but was she wonderful through the whole process! Never once made me feel like I wouldn't walk down the aisle in a beautiful dress! Not to mention her magic with the bustle .
    I HIGHLY recommend Heather!

Sent on 09/29/2019