Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews

Custom Sewing by Heather 6
Custom Sewing by Heather 7
  • Karissa

Karissa · Getting married on 07/13/2019

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Jenna Vergeldt · Getting married on 12/29/2018

Great experience!

I had such a great experience with Heather. She made getting my dress altered an easy and fun experience. She was fun to talk to, and I loved her workspace. Thank you Heather for making me feel so amazing in my dress.

Cassie · Married on 12/08/2018

She is amazing!

I could not say enough great things about Heather. The alterations to my dress tried out perfect. She had a wide range of times for fittings, which was great for me due to work. She was extremely professional and used your time wisely!

Paige Snow · Married on 12/08/2018

You must hire Heather!

I couldn't have imagined working with anyone else on my dress than with Heather. From the moment I contacted her I knew she was going to do a wonderful job. She is very attentive, listens exactly to what you want but also makes great suggestions to help make your dress beautiful, and is just a wonderful person all around. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone!

• Shawna

Shawna Hunter · Married on 11/24/2018

Detail oriented, honest, trustworthy, experienced and professional

I couldn’t be happier with how my wedding dress turned out! Heather is very experienced, and willing to try new things, which in my experience was awesome! I wanted dark green sequins on my dress for my winter wedding, and it turned out awesome! She even added some extra fabric to the back of my dress at my request to hide some of my backside a little better. Wow! She hit it on the nail! Even the extra fabric was the exact color of my dress! Heather started out with just adding little sequins at a time and then we would review it together and with my approval of it she kept adding until I was happy with the final creation! Thank you again Heather for your hard dedicated work and making a very happy client and bride!
    V/R
    Shawna Hunter

Brooke V · Married on 11/03/2018

Total dress transformation!!! A+ work!!!

Heather is amazing! I wasn't able to find the "perfect" dress, so I purchased one with a front a loved and knew the back needed some work. Heather removed the lace and buttons on the back and designed beautiful straps that gave the dress the classic and timeless look I had been searching for. Her work is flawless and, even though she works with many brides, she always made me feel like my dress was the only one that mattered. On top of her great work, she is professional and accommodating and made room for me in her schedule even though I contacted her later than many of her brides typically do. I am so thankful for Heather and would recommend her without any hesitation!!!

Brittani · Married on 10/20/2018

Heather is the best in the business! I just picked my dress up last night and it was absolutely perfect! I never once had to worry or stress out about my dress. Every appointment was short and sweet and she nailed it with my dress! She is absolutely fantastic!

• Tiffany

Tiffany Nobello · Married on 10/20/2018

Heather is amazing!

I brought my dress to Heather and am so glad I did! First of all, she was extremely quick to answer me when I first reached out to her to set up appointments. She made the entire experience seamless -- from the time I first brought it in to the time I picked it up, I felt extremely confident that Heather would make my dress beautiful - and she did! She offered suggestions and I am so happy with the way it turned out. It fits perfectly, it's comfortable, and is even more gorgeous then when I first got it. If you see anyone, I highly recommend Heather. She was a joy to work with!

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2018

Heather was awesome to work with! She knew just what I needed to make my dress perfect. From beginning to end I never worried about the finished product and it was amazing!

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Heather was an absolute dream to work with! Every bride wants to feel beautiful on their wedding day and the dress is such a big part of that feeling. Heather is thorough and the quality of her work shined through in every alteration. I was so blown away with Heather and could not recommend her enough to any future bride!

Trisha · Married on 10/06/2018

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! She is a total perfectionist - which I can absolutely appreciate! She paid attention to every detail of my wedding dress and did not miss a thing. Each fitting session was a breeze and so enjoyable. I felt so confident in Heather to perfect my dress to fit my body, and she did just that. Highly recommend her for any/all of your alteration needs!

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Heather was fantastic to work with-she thought of absolutely everything and made my rack dress fit me like a glove!! Thank you heather!!!! :)

Ashlee · Married on 10/06/2018

My Dress Was Perfect!

I went to Heather for alterations on my wedding dress and I am so happy that I did! She has such an eye for detail which helped make my dress look absolutely stunning! Before coming to Heather, I’ll admit, I had no clue what a bustle was. She helped inform me and then created the most amazing bustle that was so easy for my sisters to do before the reception! I received compliments all night on my dress and my bustle. I felt so beautiful and a big part of that is because of the work Heather did to make my dress perfect! If you need dress alterations, look no further, Heather is the one to go to!

Jill · Married on 10/05/2018

I totally procrastinated getting my bridesmaids dress altered for my sisters wedding this summer and two different friends suggested I use Heather. I am SO HAPPY I listened. Not only did she fit me in her schedule in the busiest month of the summer (wedding season is officially upon us) but the dress fits perfectly and was finished in less than a week. AMAZING! On top of this, I was put in charge of "bustling" my sisters dress (which Heather put in the dress) and it is beautiful and VERY easy to follow. The day of will be stress free and the bustle will look great! I would recommend using Heather for any single alteration.

Eva · Married on 10/05/2018

Heather did an amazing job with my dress! It was a size 16 and I am a size 3. I had 3 months to get it altered and Heather was able to fit me in! My dress has beaded work, very elegant as well as lots of ruffles and layers. Heather was able to get the dress to fit me perfectly and comfortably despite all the details and fabric. I am more than pleased with the great work she did for me!

Jill Raaf · Married on 10/05/2018

Heather is the BEST!!

I have been to Heather in the past for bridesmaids dresses, and knew that I needed her to do my alterations for my wedding dress. The results were unbelievable. Not only did she alter my wedding dress PERFECTLY- but she did 4 of my bridesmaids as well! Every visit she made us feel special and beautiful! I told her after my last visit I would miss her - and it’s true! She was my first email after our wedding to show pictures. She is a true gem and I will continue to use her services forever!

Custom Sewing by Heather 8

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2018

Heather was incredible to work with; she has an amazing attention to detail and really knew how to keep the integrity of my dress, while making it fit perfectly. She has a beautiful space and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. I would highly recommend using Heather for any of your alteration needs, but especially your wedding dress!

Katie · Married on 09/15/2018

I had the most amazing experience with Heather! She was completely honest with everything from the start. She makes it custom to YOU! I would recommend 100 times over.

Liz · Married on 09/15/2018

Heather is amazing.

Heather was great to work with. She takes her work so seriously and is very dedicated. My dress turned out amazing, I couldn't be any happier!

Tasha · Married on 09/08/2018

She did amazing! And has an amazing talent!

Jordan · Married on 09/08/2018

There are not enough words to express how grateful I am for Heather's work on my dress. It fit like a glove and I received so many compliments on how perfect and beautiful my dress was on my wedding day! Heather is very patient, understanding, flexible, kind, listens to what you want, but also makes recommendations based on her previous experiences. She is very professional but yet makes a genuine effort to get to know you throughout the entire process. I highly recommend Heather for anyone needing any work on their wedding dress - she will make you feel like a queen!

Alyssa · Married on 09/08/2018

From the minute I walked into Heather’s beautiful studio, I knew I was in good hands. My dress had multiple layers of skirt and a delicate lace edge, and Heather knew exactly what needed to be done. She recommended a double French bustle, which turned out stunning. I got so many compliments on my dress, and can’t thank Heather enough for her hard work!

• Sara

Sara Champion · Married on 09/07/2018

Incredible Talent

Heather made my dress truly come to life. Hugged me perfectly, she has an incredible attention to detail making sure everything would be perfect for the wedding. She was open about the changes she was making, the final cost and what I should prepare of on the big day. Absolutely phenomenal talent and I couldn't be happier!!

Briana · Married on 09/01/2018

Heather was wonderful to work with. She scheduled all my fittings during my first phone call and even was able to work me in for an extra fitting when I'd lost some weight. She made my dress fit exactly as I'd hoped it would, and I felt so confident and beautiful wearing it. Highly recommend!