Custom Sewing by Heather Reviews

Custom Sewing by Heather 6
Custom Sewing by Heather 7
  • Karissa

Karissa · Getting married on 07/13/2019

Two weeks before my cousin's wedding, Heather fit me in between other appointments and fixed a cosmetic issue on my dress. She hadn't worked on my dress and had no reason to take on the extra work when she's already booked solid. This showed me how much she cares about her work and helping others. Any future alteration work will be going to Heather!

Sent on 09/04/2017
  • Meghan

Meghan Springborn · Getting married on 05/11/2019

Professional, fun, trustworthy

I was nervous about trusting my dress with someone for alterations, but once I met Heather, I knew it wouldn't be an issue. She is incredibly professional, has a very fun personality, and makes sure that you get exactly what you want. I would always recommend Heather to anyone getting married. She made this process so fun and easy, I wish I could do it all again!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Stephanie Fox · Getting married on 05/11/2019

Couldn't have gotten anyone better to make my dress perfect!

Heather is fantastic! She was able to get me in for wedding dress alterations on a fairly short time frame. She definitely knows her stuff and made me feel great about my dress. Can't wait to see the final changes!! UPDATE: Just came back from my final fitting and the dress is perfect! Heather is amazing!!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Erica · Getting married on 05/11/2019

Heather is an amazing, talented woman who puts her heart into her work.

Heather is extremely talented and knows exactly what she’s doing! She has a lot of wedding dress experience. Not only is she professional and prompt, but she is super sweet and caring! She puts her heart into her clients and her work and it truly shows! I was sad to be done working with her because I enjoyed visiting with her! She made me feel so special and eased my mind! Thank you, Heather!!!

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Getschel · Married on 04/05/2019

Fantastic Work with Dress

Heather does amazing work and she is a pleasure to work with! My dress fits perfectly thanks to her, and she added a beautiful French bustle. She also worked with two of my bridesmaids to walk them through how to bustle my dress after the ceremony. She was very patient and clear with her directions, and I now my bridesmaids feel totally confident that they can do it right. Thanks Heather!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Ward · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing to work with!

I am so glad I worked with Heather to alter my wedding dress!! She does amazing work and was great to work with. I brought her my dress and extra sequin tulle fabric I wanted to add under the top layer of tulle and she did an amazing job turning my idea into a reality. I can't wait to wear my dress on my wedding day! It's exactly what I had in mind. Don't trust anyone else with your wedding dress, go to Heather!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Sarah Ribar · Married on 03/29/2019

Worth it!!!

Working with Heather really put me at ease. I needed last minute alterations on my dress and she was able to fit me in. Heather is to the point and extremely professional. She truly knows what she is doing and I was able to trust her right away. I am so happy with the alterations she did, it is perfect and I can't wait to wear my dress! Trust me, she's worth it!!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Melissa Martin · Married on 03/16/2019

Perfect fit

Heather altered my dress to fit perfectly and modified my train to give it a completely different look. She was so friendly and professional. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Madilynn Nelson · Married on 03/14/2019

Amazing Experience!!

Heather is extremely talented and was great to work with!

Sent on 03/31/2019
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 02/09/2019

Heather is amazing.

Heather is AMAZING. My dress was a few sizes too big, has intricate lace detailing, a long train (needing lots of bustle ties) and I really wanted the shoulders to be sewn differently - she perfectly altered everything to fit my body like a glove. Her work is so beautiful and unmatched by anyone else. I loved the intimate-ness of being able to go to her beautiful home studio for each appointment. I highly, highly recommend Heather!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Megan · Married on 02/09/2019

Magic Maker!

Simply put Heather is absolutely amazing at what she does. After years of experiences and hundreds if not thousands of dresses altered, she is a master of her craft and an absolute joy to work with. She gets the job done and gets it done right and on time. And she literally works magic. Take in a little fabric here, a slight alteration there and all of a sudden the dress looks like it was designed to fit your exact body. I had some very last minute requests and Heather worked some more magic to fit me in, although I would not recommend doing the same. Unfortunately her exquisite work is not a secret and she books out months in advance! So if you are reading this review and searching for an alterations specialist, look no further. I would recommend Heather to any bride to be who wants to look amazing in her wedding dress!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Stephanie Johnson · Married on 01/19/2019

Superior service and gorgeous results!

Heather provides a sense of calm during what can sometimes be a stressful period of time. She puts her personal issues on the back burner and attentively listens to her clients wishes. Her process is smooth and professional. I am a mother of the bride, my daughter and my mom all entrusted Heather with our gowns. Heather worked her magic and my daughter took home 3 days ago a gown that is perfect! She is blinging out my mother of the bride gown “tastefully.” And she squeezed my moms alterations in 1 week before the wedding! I can’t thank Heather enough! She is the BEST! Don’t waste time looking anywhere else for alterations! I can’t submit pictures of the gown until after 1-19-19....the date of the wedding.

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Custom Sewing by Heather 8
    Custom Sewing by Heather 9

Lisa Goodwin · Married on 01/04/2019

Custom Sewing by Heather is the BEST!!!

As the owner of Bella Bridal Boutique, I have had the opportunity to see the quality of workmanship from many seamstresses over the years, but none compare to Heather Baldridge. She has done alterations for wedding gowns and bridesmaids’ gowns for all my daughters and most recently, my own wedding gown. In addition to our gowns, we have also referred thousands of our customers to her. She is a woman of integrity and her talents go beyond description. There’s good, better and best and Heather is the BEST!!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Jenna Vergeldt · Married on 12/29/2018

Great experience!

I had such a great experience with Heather. She made getting my dress altered an easy and fun experience. She was fun to talk to, and I loved her workspace. Thank you Heather for making me feel so amazing in my dress.

Sent on 11/20/2018

D. Snustad · Married on 12/22/2018

Heather is a sewing miracle worker!

My daughter needed a lot of work on her dress to make it into the dress she wanted for her wedding. It required from Heather many things -- among them: creativity, adding material, countless appointments, many rows of intricate, hand-sewn beads, and many, many hours of hard work. Even with all this, Heather exceeded our expectations -- the dress was even more beautiful than we had imagined! Heather is a complete professional. After our first appointment, we fell in love with her kindness and would now consider her a friend. She really cares about making sure the bride is happy. Heather takes great pride in here work, and it shows. Every detail is perfect. In fact, she added a couple more appointments at the end to make sure every bit of the dress was perfect for the wedding day. My daughter's 'bubble bustle' was amazingly beautiful and Heather took the time to make sure we completely understood how to easily tie the bustle on the day of the wedding. She explained where we had to be extra careful in helping my daughter into the dress so as not to tear any of the material. (In fact, Heather has SO many tips for the perfect wedding, we told her she needs to write a book. We learned so many 'hacks' from her to assure us there were no glitches on the day of my daughter's wedding.) The intricate beadwork Heather sewed onto my daughter's dress completely matched the designs that were already there. The added beadwork seamlessly worked into the original dress --there was no way someone would have been able to guess where Heather had to add the extra material and beadwork from when the original purchase of the dress. Heather is the bride-to-be's dream person to go to feel beautiful on her wedding day. Thanks, Heather -- you made it such a fun experience for the mother-of-the-bride!

Sent on 12/25/2018

Cassie · Married on 12/08/2018

She is amazing!

I could not say enough great things about Heather. The alterations to my dress tried out perfect. She had a wide range of times for fittings, which was great for me due to work. She was extremely professional and used your time wisely!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Paige Snow · Married on 12/08/2018

You must hire Heather!

I couldn't have imagined working with anyone else on my dress than with Heather. From the moment I contacted her I knew she was going to do a wonderful job. She is very attentive, listens exactly to what you want but also makes great suggestions to help make your dress beautiful, and is just a wonderful person all around. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Maggie Parins · Married on 12/08/2018

5 Stars Across the Board!

Heather was absolutely wonderful! She didn't miss a single detail with my dress. I loved how thorough she was at every appointment. Pricing is very reasonable and her work is exceptional!

Sent on 12/24/2018
    Custom Sewing by Heather 10

Molly Geraghty · Married on 12/07/2018

A bride's saving grace

Heather was nothing short of amazing to work with. While my dress was lost somewhere overseas and I was on the brink of a breakdown, Heather was the saving grace. She told me we would get all my alterations done, no matter when the dress came in. She was so amazing and my dress fit like a glove after her work. And the double French bustle?! Gorgeous

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Shawna

Shawna Hunter · Married on 11/24/2018

Detail oriented, honest, trustworthy, experienced and professional

I couldn’t be happier with how my wedding dress turned out! Heather is very experienced, and willing to try new things, which in my experience was awesome! I wanted dark green sequins on my dress for my winter wedding, and it turned out awesome! She even added some extra fabric to the back of my dress at my request to hide some of my backside a little better. Wow! She hit it on the nail! Even the extra fabric was the exact color of my dress! Heather started out with just adding little sequins at a time and then we would review it together and with my approval of it she kept adding until I was happy with the final creation! Thank you again Heather for your hard dedicated work and making a very happy client and bride!
    V/R
    Shawna Hunter

Sent on 11/03/2018

Brooke V · Married on 11/03/2018

Total dress transformation!!! A+ work!!!

Heather is amazing! I wasn't able to find the "perfect" dress, so I purchased one with a front a loved and knew the back needed some work. Heather removed the lace and buttons on the back and designed beautiful straps that gave the dress the classic and timeless look I had been searching for. Her work is flawless and, even though she works with many brides, she always made me feel like my dress was the only one that mattered. On top of her great work, she is professional and accommodating and made room for me in her schedule even though I contacted her later than many of her brides typically do. I am so thankful for Heather and would recommend her without any hesitation!!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Brittani · Married on 10/20/2018

Heather is the best in the business! I just picked my dress up last night and it was absolutely perfect! I never once had to worry or stress out about my dress. Every appointment was short and sweet and she nailed it with my dress! She is absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Nobello · Married on 10/20/2018

Heather is amazing!

I brought my dress to Heather and am so glad I did! First of all, she was extremely quick to answer me when I first reached out to her to set up appointments. She made the entire experience seamless -- from the time I first brought it in to the time I picked it up, I felt extremely confident that Heather would make my dress beautiful - and she did! She offered suggestions and I am so happy with the way it turned out. It fits perfectly, it's comfortable, and is even more gorgeous then when I first got it. If you see anyone, I highly recommend Heather. She was a joy to work with!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2018

Heather was awesome to work with! She knew just what I needed to make my dress perfect. From beginning to end I never worried about the finished product and it was amazing!

Sent on 10/01/2018