Custom Hitches Reviews

204 Reviews for Custom Hitches

Custom Hitches 1
Custom Hitches 2

Michael · Married on 08/31/2014

We couldn't be happier with having Spike officiate our wedding!

We had an elopement ceremony overlooking the 360 bridge and she worked with us to make sure that it was the special event that we were looking for. She went out of her way to accommodate us at the time and place, climbing up and down the hill in the twilight after rushing from a previous engagement.

She has a calming soul and a personality that immediately reassures you that you are in good hands.

My new wife and I recommend her highly.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Spike was really cool, and made things go really smoothly. I have absolutely 0 complaints or suggestions. If you want someone who is not going to judge you, someone who speaks loudly yet gentle, and someone who is easy to schedule/communicate with....then get Spike.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Adrianna · Married on 08/09/2014

Spike was AWESOME and we were very pleased with our choice. She made our ceremony very special to the both of us!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Liz · Married on 07/12/2014

Spike was the absolute perfect person to officiate our wedding. She is a wonderful speaker and has a very calming presence. She was so quick to respond to me about my last minute wedding and she went out of her way to make sure we would have the perfect day. I wanted a really early morning wedding and she thought she may not have been able to make it due to a work conflict, and she was so kind as to offer to find me someone who could do it. Luckily, it turned out she was able to do it, and I couldn't have been happier with our beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2014

We love Spike!! She rocks. We had several wedding guests ask who she was and rave about what a wonderful ceremony it was. Spike makes it personal and conveys a lot of genuine warmth. One of our guests asked if she was a friend of ours - felt like she knew us. Well, we do consider Spike a friend, we loved talking with her before our wedding and joking with her. Even our photographer commented on what a great job she did. He said she's the only officiant he's ever seen step back during the kiss so that he could get a photo with just me and my hubbie in the shot.
    The ceremony was perfect and EXACTLY what we wanted. Spike got it and was spot on with what we asked for. Thank you so much Spike, although we are still waiting on our chocolate....

Sent on 07/12/2014

Cara · Married on 06/14/2014

Spike was an excellent choice for an officiant! She was professional and helpful and pretty much wrote our entire vows/ceremony which was a relief for me because my husband and I were really busy and wanted someone that could do that for us. She also helped alot with me at the ceremony site which was nice and everyone commented on how nice the ceremony was, I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 06/14/2014

Spike is wonderful! She is such a warm and honest person. Since meeting her, my husband and I felt so comfortable talking to her and collaborating with her on our wedding ceremony journey. Spike is very open, available and is continuously helpful through the process. On the day of, I couldn't have asked for a better officiant. She was so reassuring and calming. She really made our day truly special.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Lynn · Married on 06/14/2014

We are so lucky to have had Spike Gillepsie serve as our our Wedding Officiant.She made our wedding personal, loving, humorous and extremely special! Our ceremony would not have been as memorable or as touching without Spike's special touches.

She met with us prior to the wedding to get to know us better and to learn what type of ceremony we wanted. Spike's insight, infamous writing talent, and special care make her Austin's Best Wedding Officiant. She told funny stories of how we met, included a special aspect of the ceremony to include our five children, and recited special passages we requested. Our guests laughed and cried while listening to her. All of our guests agreed that Spike was the best Officiant they had ever heard. She made our wedding special; she made our wedding "us". She is the best you could ever imagine for your wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Berkley · Married on 05/17/2014

Spike was the officiant at our wedding this last May and she was perfect! We wanted to have a ceremony that was more spiritual than religious, and she nailed it. All of the family on both sides was very happy and we received several comments about how unique and heartfelt our ceremony was. She worked with us from almost a year before, and really helped guide us in finding and choosing which readings to use. She responded very quickly in all of our communications (less than 24 hours) and was very calm and professional in person. Her fee is reasonable (average compared with the other vendors we talked to) and she didn't charge an arm and a leg to drive out of town for the wedding. She is warm and friendly, and that really shows through when she speaks. We would highly recommend Spike to anyone and are so incredibly happy that she was a part of our wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Eric · Married on 05/13/2014

Spike was always responsive to your questions and helpful in providing ideas/suggestions for the ceremony, vows and logistics that we may not have thought of without her help. Our ceremony went off without a hitch as a result!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Spike was wonderful to work with. She helped us create the perfect meaningful ceremony. She is very quick to respond to emails & is just a fun person in general.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Tiia · Married on 04/26/2014

Spike is awesome! She is was incredibly flexible with us. We contacted her last minute via email. She was quick in response and very flexible and easy going regarding our wants and wishes for the ceremony. She worked with us via email since we were out-of-town and provided a beautiful ceremony for us at Chapel Dulcinea. We would highly reccommend Spike for anyone that needs an officiant for their wedding.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Spike was exactly what we were looking for. We had a non-religious elopement. Well, I say that, but I think all 3 of us worship at the altar of art and literature. We married on Shakespeare's birthday, so it was perfect to have someone who's a published author perform our service. In fact, I knew we had the right person when we confirmed the date and she knew it was Shakespeare's birthday without any mention of it on my part. I never had to wonder what was on her mind as she either responded to email immediately or let me know she'd be out of pocket--this is a big deal when pre-wedding nerves are incredibly sensitive. Flexible? You betcha! She didn't think twice when I added a performance element to our ceremony less than a week prior to our date AND asked if she'd read a line from a play for said performance! What a sport. She made us feel so relaxed. Good mojo all around.

April · Married on 04/22/2014

Spike is the person to work with if you want your ceremony to reflect the uniqueness of your relationship. Spike took time to meet with us and get to know us and our wishes. She then proceed to write and conduct a ceremony that honored the nuances of our love and partnership. She is professional, responsive, flexible, affordable, and just an all around amazing person. You won't be disappointed! Earl & April King

Sent on 08/09/2014

steve · Married on 04/10/2014

Spike was a fantastic support to me, as I planned a surprise proposal and wedding to my girlfriend (she said yes!) during our holiday in the US.

I planned it all from the UK beforehand, and Spike went above and beyond for me in her duties as registrar. Emails went back and forth as Spike and I fine-tuned the script of the wedding so that it was unique and personal.

She met us for coffee when we arrived in Austin a few days before the wedding to find out a bit more about us. And on the day, her delivery of our intimate little ceremony made it feel really special to us.

To top it all off, she acted as go-between, and posted our completed wedding certificate to us when we arrived back home in the UK.

Our whirlwind 3 days in Austin from proposal to wedding were the stuff that fantastic memories are made of, and Spike played a big part in making it such a happy time.

Thanks Spike!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 04/05/2014

Spike is simply the best. Leading up to the wedding, she was really responsive and enthusiastic, always making us feel special and letting us change the ceremony script the day before. She provided advice and service, without trying to steer us one way or another with our ceremony script. We don't live in Austin so we only met her once, about 6 weeks before the wedding, but she managed to make us feel like we were in good hands through the entire planning process.

And then the day of the wedding. She arrived early, looked great, in all black with black cowboy boots, it was pretty perfect. And most importantly, she gave us an amazing, memorable, heart-felt, funny, and US ceremony. I've been to lots of weddings where it felt generic and like the two people getting married could have been anyone, but not with Spike. Spike tailored the ceremony script and vibe to us. And our guests noticed and enjoyed. Plus, as we were both at the altar getting all emotional, Spike offered us tissues, made us chill out and smile, and struck the perfect balance of serious, yet still us. I would recommend Spike to anyone who wants their wedding to be personal.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Spike did an amazing job! From day one she was responsive to any thing we needed. She met with us both to find out how we met and what made us "tick" in order to really have a good grasp on who she was marrying.... She answered our questions, explained how it would all work and always responded quickly. Her ceremony was personalized and exactly the way we wanted. She made our wedding day go very smoothly! Thanks Spike!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Josh · Married on 04/04/2014

We found Spike from a Google search and after meeting with her once, we knew she was the right fit. She helped guide us through figuring out the best flow of our ceremony and gave us wonderful unbiased suggestions. I would recommend Spike to any of my family and friends.

Sent on 05/05/2014

There isn't one reason why you shouldn't hire this amazing individual, and a plethora why you should. Commendations include: saintly patience, scheduling and ceremonial flexibility, general open-mindedness, responsive and timely communications, overall good vibes and positive juju, helpful guidance, and absolute professionalism. Spike even introduced us to one of our new favorite coffee shops…we couldn't have done better choosing the perfect officiant for our Big Day!!

Sent on 03/29/2014

Leah · Married on 03/09/2014

Spike was wonderful! She was flexible, professional, reliable and added a personal touch to the wedding. She is not only a great speaker but eloquent writer as well. I would highly recommend hiring her!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Lisa · Married on 03/02/2014

Spike is a rock star!

We interviewed quite a number of officiants and we felt that Spike had the right balance of spunky personality and professionalism for our wedding. She guided us through the ceremony process and helped us craft a ceremony that was unique to us. In addition, she looked out the personal vows that my husband I had written, which I truly appreciated, to make sure that we're not too off the path in terms of tone and length - a detail you really don't think about!

I couldn't imagine picking anyone but Spike for our wedding and I would wholeheartedly recommend her to others!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Mark · Married on 03/02/2014

We got married March 2nd 2014 at Villa Antonia and contracted Spike as our officiant. She was very professional with us the entire time. She took a very active interest in finding out exactly what type of wedding we envisioned. She also is very detail oriented regarding timelines and any special requests.

Spike is laid back just like us which made her a great fit. She can make your ceremony as traditional or non traditional as you want. We wrote our own vows and Spike was always available to give immediate feedback.

My wife and I would definitely recommend Spike as an officiant.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Natalie · Married on 03/01/2014

Spike was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I were not entirely sure what kind of ceremony we wanted but Spike was able to provide us with many different options, and then tailored the ceremony specifically for us. She was also very collaborative and wanted to make sure my husband and I were happy with every word of the ceremony. You can tell that she really cares about what she does. She was so warm and did such a wonderful job - the ceremony was perfect!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Spike was great! I would highly reccomend her to anyone looking for an officiant in the Austin area!

Sent on 03/03/2014

Mallory · Married on 02/02/2014

Spike was perfect! She was helpful throughout the entire process and ceremony planning. We can't thank her enough!

Sent on 03/01/2014