Custom By Nicole Photography Reviews

Custom By Nicole Photography 3
Custom By Nicole Photography 4
Custom By Nicole Photography 5

Heather Barnao · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Nicole's dedication, talent and creativity cannot be matched

I have been following Nicole’s work online for nearly a decade. As a fellow photographer, her portfolio has continued to inspire me over the years. Nicole will look at an ordinary, everyday scene and see something most people don’t. She uses her camera to translate her creative vision to people, allowing them to appreciate a beauty that would otherwise be invisible to them. When I got engaged, I was 100% certain I wanted her to be my photographer. From start to finish, Nicole was incredible to work with. At our engagement session, my husband and I were impressed at her attention to detail and focus. She gave great direction and had a vision for every setting throughout our shoot. The photos she captured were stunning. After this, I couldn’t wait to see what she would achieve at our wedding. Over a year later, Nicole knocked it out of the park again. The day of our wedding, she made the process of taking photos so fun and enjoyable for our wedding party and our families. Everyone felt comfortable and free, and the photos reflect this. She puts forth an immeasurable amount of effort to ensure that she captures every important moment on your wedding day. When I received my wedding gallery, looking through the photos was like re-living the day. She portrayed it so beautifully, it’s difficult to pick my favorites. Friends and family have complimented them as the best wedding photos they’ve ever seen. I couldn’t be happier with the professional service and product she delivered. Nicole’s dedication and skills, along with her talent and creativity cannot be matched. She truly is the best

Custom By Nicole Photography 6
    Custom By Nicole Photography 7
    Custom By Nicole Photography 8
    Custom By Nicole Photography 9
    Sent on 11/06/2019

Tali R · Married on 09/14/2019

The BEST photographer!!!!!

Nicole was beyond incredible!!! We could not have picked a better photographer. We absolutely LOVED working with her!!!! Nicole photographed our entire wedding ceremony and reception...as well as another smaller intimate ceremony and our rehearsal dinner which occurred on the prior night...as well as a last minute extra photo shoot that we added on, thanks to Nicole, so we could get photos in sunny weather the day before our wedding (which had a rainy forecast). So we spent A LOT of time with Nicole and we can really say with very strong confidence that she is totally and undeniably AMAZING. Not only did she take incredibly stunning photos of everything and is super talented, but also she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Nicole has a wonderful personality that kept us calm and reassured -- which is so important because she was such a big part of our entire wedding experience, which extended over the course of a whole weekend. Nicole was also super flexible and creative. She really went above and beyond -- she made sure we got all of the photos we wanted, found the most beautiful spots with the best light and best backgrounds, and facilitated our fun and enjoyment. Our ceremony was on top of a mountain and when the weather forecast wasn’t looking good (and Nicole was coming to photograph our rehearsal dinner the prior day), Nicole suggested we could take additional photos/time while the sun was shining -- and then she rearranged her personal schedule to make it work. We are sooo grateful to have those additional photos and wouldn’t have even thought of that idea without her. And her second photographer/shooter (Joel) was totally fabulous too!! We loved him as well! Nicole was very detail-oriented but also was fully aware of the big picture, whether it was relating to the actual images that she was photographing or relating to the people she was helping us coordinate and the events she was a part of. Having the balance of the big picture and details is the best combination. And all of these positive feelings/reviews aren’t just coming from my husband and me alone -- we actually got so many compliments during and after the wedding about Nicole! Our family and guests loved interacting with her and proactively came up to us to tell us how great they thought Nicole and Joel were. Nicole and Joel were capturing all of the amazing moments (but didn’t get in the way!), they were making sure not to miss a thing, they were nice to everyone, the photos look amazing so far, and people kept asking us how we found such a terrific photographer!! And on top of all of that, she was so easy to work with throughout the year leading up to our wedding. She was attentive, responsive, helpful, and had a positive attitude the whole time. We had a lot of unique requests and unique setting (e.g., our guests took a chairlift to the summit of a mountain for the ceremony), and she worked through it all with us. She made the whole process so enjoyable and stress-free. We are beyond grateful to have worked with Nicole (and Joel) for our wedding!!!! We can’t recommend Nicole enough!!!!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Heather

Heather Spiegel · Married on 06/16/2019

Nicole is amazing!

A couple of weeks before my intimate wedding (of 20 people), I was scrambling to find a photographer and Nicole came highly recommended to me by one of her peers. Nicole was a pleasure to deal with throughout the entire process. She made us feel very comfortable and has the most creative eye (we received some amazing photos captured at sunset).

Custom By Nicole Photography 10
    Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Nicole is an absolutely AMAZING photographer! From the first time I contacted her up until we received our final wedding photos and fusion video, Nicole was easily accessible and answered any questions that I had immediately. Leading up to our engagement shoot, Nicole helped us choose a location and choose our clothing. Before our wedding, we spoke constantly and she even helped me when I needed opinions on other wedding details. On the day of our wedding, things could not have gone smoother! Nicole and her team captured the most beautiful pictures in a completely natural way. The candid photos, the portraits, and landscapes are all fabulous and I still can’t stop watching our fusion video! Everyone I know is still commenting on how amazing the pictures are. If you want a completely stress-free experience and truly amazing photos of your special day, then do yourself a huge favor and hire Nicole!!!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Lindsay · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely amazing photos and so helpful throughout the entire process. Just amazing!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Mary · Married on 12/30/2016

Nicole is a talented, artistic, creative, professional, and inspiring photographer! Nicole invested time and effort to get to know my fiancé (now husband) and me, and captured all of the important and heartfelt details of our wedding. My husband and I were blown away by Nicole’s dedication to her craft, and absolutely love both our engagement and wedding pictures. All of the photographs are classic, beautiful, and, thankfully, not cheesy! Nicole always made sure that we felt comfortable, and was able to capture our genuine smiles and love for one another. We are so happy that we chose Nicole to be our photographer, and highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2016

Nicole went above and beyond for our engagement photos. She covered every angle, every style, and every look that we requested and more. She sent us so many great photos we don't know what to do with them all! My Maid of Honor says she can't stop looking at them! Nicole is a master at the editing process as well. She was able to work with flaws in the background, and they never showed up in our final pictures. We were working on a very short timeline, and she was even able to get us a few photos the very next day for our invitations that needed to go out the same week. I can't recommend her enough. I only wish she was available to do our wedding day. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2016

I can not believe that we were able to find a photographer like Nicole, that not only has amazing talent, but is so thoughtful, caring, and considerate. From the moment we met her we were in love with her work, and her amazing down to earth personality. She went above and beyond for Jesse and I, driving over an hour and spending almost four hours with us at our engagement shoot in the Catskills at a place very special to us. In the interim between our engagement session and our wedding day, she was constantly making sure every single one of our needs was met, and even spent an hour with me talking through every worry and stress I had while planning the wedding, both the photography aspects and everything else I wanted to incorporate into the day. The day of the wedding, not only was she professional, and considerate, but she even made it possible for me to visit my deceased mother's grave on the day of. When working with her, she treats you like family, and really puts herself on a whole other level as a photographer. We are just so amazed by her, and we will not only be using her for years to come, but will recommend her to anyone and everyone for photography services. Amazing work, and an amazing person all around!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Megan · Married on 10/17/2015

I cannot say enough great things about Custom By Nicole. She was so accommodating with everything and her quality of work is unparalleled. Her professionalism and courtesy is what really sets her apart. She will walk you through the entire process and make sure you're comfortable with everything. If I had to do it all again I would absolutely book Custom By Nicole immediately. From the initial consultation, to all the details they were able to capture in the photos themselves, she really works with you on such a personal level. She made everyone comfortable so everything looks natural looking and relaxed. She really take the time to get to know you and your personality, so she was able to roll with the punches on the wedding day. While she captured every aspect of the wedding perfectly, she was never overbearing and never in our face.

She was very flexible with my budget and really made everything work for us. She was willing to go the extra mile and when you're planning a wedding, that's what counts the most. She created hundreds of beautiful wedding photos for us and we find ourselves looking at them constantly.

Talk about going the extra mile, my husband and I came home to a beautifully wrapped gift that contained a few gorgeous photographs with custom mats, customs postcard, and stand to celebrate our first married Valentine's Day. Nicole really knows how to take care of her clients without question, I would 100% recommend Custom By Nicole for all of your photography needs over and over again.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Julie · Married on 08/30/2015

Nicole is an amazing photographer and gave us just what we wanted for our engagement and wedding photos. We wanted to do a "copy" of the "The Singing Butler" by Vettriano, and wow. She got the image so close many of my friends thought it was the original painting. Our wedding photos were beautiful, artsy and fun. She captured all of the details of an amazing day.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Angela · Married on 08/07/2015

I have had the pleasure of working with Nicole on several styled shoots and look forward to working with her on an upcoming wedding. She is very professional, full of talent and fun to work with. I would recommend her to any couple looking to have amazing photos on their wedding day and a very easy to work with photographer to help make your day stress-free and relaxing.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Ayda · Married on 06/06/2015

I had the pleasure of working with Nicole throughout my wedding planning process. When I started planning my wedding, Nicole was the first vendor that I reached out to. She had previously worked with two of my close friends & I knew from the start that I wanted her to be my photographer for my wedding. I have been following Nicole's work for a couple years now and I am always surprised at how talented she is. She has a true talent for capturing moments. What I love most about Nicole's work is that she is able to capture emotion in a very authentic way. I first worked with Nicole for my engagement photo shoot- Nicole had the ability to put us at ease right away and she made the experience a fun one for us. I was so impressed at how professional she was and that she really took advantage of our time together to capture as many great shots as she was able to. I remember being at my friends wedding years ago & noticing how hard Nicole was working & how she seemed so into what she was doing that she barely took a break. At our wedding, it was no surprise, that we had the same experience. On top of being dedicated & having a detailed eye, Nicole brought a sense of calmness and patience that put all of us at ease. I am so grateful to Nicole for being able to bring my wedding to life through her pictures. The best part of our pictures was seeing how much fun our guests were having & being able to go view the wedding from a different perspective. The wedding day goes by so fast & when you see the pictures, it makes you feel like you can slow down time & be there again. I would 100% encourage anyone to select Nicole as their photographer because your pictures will last you a lifetime and Nicole will do them justice.

Sent on 11/19/2015

James Angelo Campistrous · Married on 11/20/2014

I have had the opportunity to work with Nicole on several occasions. She is truly amazing. Her "eye" is awe inspiring, unique, and remarkably genuine. Her vision is her own, not like those who copy cat and reproduce that which has been inspired by others. In addition, Nicole is a positive, calming, and creative persona and personality. No Diva attitude here, just extraordinary talent. I always look forward to work with Nicole!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Suzy & Eddie · Married on 10/03/2014

I never thought I would be this type of post-wedding person but when I get some free time, I find myself looking at our wedding photos over and over again and that's all thanks to Nicole! We didn't realize how much we would miss even though we were the center of attention. I'm so grateful that I am now able to peak into these special moments of the day. Seeing the fellas hanging out prior to the ceremony, my husband as I walked down the aisle, all of the emotion from his family and the couple of candids of my parents that I know I will treasure for the rest of my life...four months after the wedding and I am sitting here in tears thinking about all of these unbelievable moments that I can feel a part of all because of Nicole and her assistant. From the moment she welcomed us into her home, I knew I wanted her on our team of professionals on one of the most exciting days of our couple life. This was reconfirmed during our engagement shoot as Eddie and Hunter, our dog, simultaneously began to lose their patience after four hours of shooting and Nicole remained completely calm and focused. While it was only the three of us at that time, I had a feeling that she would be able to keep control during the notoriously known disorderly formal shots on the wedding day which I wanted done quickly prior to the ceremony so that we could take part in the cocktail hour and we did! As the wedding day progressed, Nicole displayed that calm presence which fit in very well with everyone. I know that she was there for the whole day but I honestly do not recall seeing her much which in my opinion is a great quality of a photographer. Nicole has this way of working around everyone else while still getting those great shots. Anyone can take a picture but it takes someone amazing to capture the moments and emotions that occur while life is swirling around us. Nicole is absolutely that amazing someone and I still cannot believe how lucky we were to have her as a part of our day!

Sent on 02/09/2015
  • F

Farlae · event on: 08/16/2014

Nicole came highly recommended by another photographer. She was very helpful with wedding day questions. She was very friendly and professional. It was an amazing day and throughout all of the festivities aside from the group photos we didn't even realize she was there. If you check out her website she has an amazing eye and can really capture a feeling in a photo. I would highly recommend her for any occasion.

Sent on 02/05/2015

danielle · event on: 05/29/2014

I've worked with several photographers and Custom by Nicole is truly the best. I couldn't of picked a better photographer to capture my daughter's first Birthday. After seeing some of Nicole's photos on facebook I knew I had to use her. Nicole is accommodating, professional, courteous, artistic, creative and excellent and what she does. Nicole is also great with children, she made my son who can be shy very comfortable. The pictures exceeded my expectations. I've received so many compliments and everyone wants to know which photographer took my daughter's pictures. I look forward to working with Custom by Nicole in the future. I will definitely never use another photographer after finding Nicole!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Kerry · Married on 02/21/2014

Nicole has a rare gift for taking pictures from interesting and usual persepectives and locations. She always finds the most scenic places with beautiful lighting, making for the most gorgeous photos. Her eye picks up every detail within a shot. My wedding photos are priceless. I adore them, I revisit our wedding often by looking at them. Not only did Nicole capture wonderful, intimate moments between myself and my husband...she also captured so many funny and unique photos of family and friends. Through her camera lens, she captures all of the small details you want to remember, along with the joy of the day. I was able to pass along wonderful photos of not only us, but of my guests as well....it was a nice gift to give back to everyone. She thinks of every thing and discusses exactly what you'd like ....her experience and professionalism shows through. I recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 01/03/2016
  • User4561853 · event on: 12/31/2013

Custom by Nicole is AMAZING. Her pictures are flawless and her talent is endless! Nicole came to my house for a newborn photo session of my son Jackson. She positioned my little one with delicate precision, and captured each moment as memories that will last a lifetime. She is patient, yet persistent, and her passion for her work is clearly evident.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Nicole did an absolutely amazing job capturing our wedding day! We had very little time to plan our wedding and we could not have been luckier to have Nicole available on such short notice. Looking at our wedding pictures is like reliving the day all over again. Nicole captured every moment with incredible detail and perfection. We have received endless compliments on how great the photos came out. Unfortunately we have some family members and friends living abroad who weren’t able to attend our wedding, but we were able to share our special day with them through all the beautiful pictures Nicole took. Everyone was stunned and said: “Wow, when I look at your wedding pictures, I have the feeling like I was actually there!” We cannot say enough about Nicole’s photographic abilities, nor can we thank her enough! She is extremely professional, flexible, and easy to work with. Even through it was the first time she worked at our venue, she had so many great ideas for different shots. Nicole is incredibly creative and artistic, and we were totally blown away when we saw our wedding pictures for the first time!

We highly recommend Custom by Nicole and will always come back when we need a professional photographer in the future!

Sent on 04/26/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2013

Custom By Nicole captured every moment of our wedding day! She caught the total mood of the day. She didn't have us pose in a certain way. However she was able to use her artistic eye to creat Memories that we will have forever. Every time I look at all the wedding photos it's like the day is being relived again. We highly recommend her and will be using her for future events.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2013

Nicole and Ashley were wonderful! The way she posed us for pictures was so creative and the candid shots were amazing. Nicole does a great job of capturing the emotion in every moment and looking through our album is like reliving the day. We get emotional just looking at them. She also got all of our photos to us very quickly and there were way more to choose from than I expected. I love that she provides all of the photos to us and we have the freedom to do what we want with them. We will definitely be going back to Nicole the next time we need a photographer.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/27/2013

Nicole provided us with a lifetime worth of memories that she so elegantly captured through the lens of her camera. She has and will continue to be our photographer of choice for all future events in our life. Absolutely, the most talented photographer in the area!!!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2012

One of the best decisions I have truly ever made was choosing CustombyNicole for my wedding! She was absolutely fantastic and worth every penny! From the first moment I got in touch with Nicole I didn't have anything less than a great interaction with her! She's extremely courteous, flexible, and professional. She listened and took notes on everything I wanted out of my pictures and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Each shot was beautiful and above and beyond my expectations. I am so happy that we chose Nicole to do our pictures and would definitely recommend using her for yours!

Sent on 01/30/2014

I cannot say enough amazing this about Nicole as a business person and as a human! All I can say is check out her work @ www.custombynicole.com and BOOK HER! She is worth every single penny and then some!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Tiffany · Married on 07/03/2012

I was so lucky to stumble upon Custom By Nicole’s website when I was searching for wedding photographers. From the moment I saw her work I HAD to have her at my wedding. I was obsessed with every picture that she took on my wedding day. Not only were all of the photos beyond amazing and gorgeous, Nicole and her assistant Jen were such a pleasure to work with. Being that I live in NY and she is based out of Penn. I didn’t in fact meet with her in person until the day of my wedding. Let me tell you that didn’t matter because we had numerous phone conversations and I felt like I had known her for years! After the first time I spoke with her on the phone I was immediately comfortable and confident in her professionalism and experience. She was so organized and on top of things that I don’t know what I would have done without her. I loved the fact that you can customize her packages and that you get a cd with all the photos she takes at the wedding… retouched! Every since I posted some of her pictures on my facebook page I have gotten so many compliments. People are in aw with how beautiful her work is. I can’t wait to get them printed. To be wedding photos are the most important part of the entire day. My husband and I couldn’t have been happier with her services and could not have imagined our special day with her. I highly recommend Custom by Nicole to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer

Sent on 08/19/2012