Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

159 | Columbia, MD

159 Reviews for Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection

Katherine · Married on 09/30/2017

I had a great experience at Curvaceous Couture and I would definitely recommend it to plus-size brides. The gown got so many compliments!

Sent on 10/18/2017

For all us ladies with curves this is the only place to get your wedding dress. I am a size 24, which in wedding dress land is a 32! And I was able to try on any dress in this shop that I liked. Other bridal salons have no dresses for us curvy brides to even try on. Autumn was my consultant and she was amazing! Really helped me figure out what I wanted, when I didnt know much about wedding dresses. I really recommend Autumn and the whole team at CC!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Melinda · Married on 01/14/2017

I loved working with Autumn - she easily helped me find the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Megan · Married on 10/22/2016

A bit of a trek to get there from DC, but totally worth it. Staff was so nice and super helpful. They were also very respectful of my budget, which I definitely appreciate. Huge space -- lots of options. They have mother of the bride/bridesmaids/special event dresses too.

Sent on 03/01/2016

Ashlee · Married on 07/26/2014

CC made me feel like a princess!!!! As a plus sized gal, dress shopping is never easy but this place rocks! I could not have asked for better service; it is only 1-2 brides in the salon at once whereas at other places, it's like a zoo. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dress!!!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Natalie · Married on 09/21/2013

Easy and fun gown shopping experience. They are helpful, kind, and fun. My dress was absolutely stunning.

Sent on 10/16/2013
  • Leanna

Leanna · Married on 04/22/2012

CC in Columbia MD had an awesome selection of plus size dresses. They were all more high end than David's Bridal or any other boutique I went to. But they were definitely worth the money we paid. My dress was so beautiful and made me feel exactly how I was supposed to feel...like a princess. I loved it and the way the ladies all helped me while I was there was fantastic.
    The only downside was the cost of the alterations. You had a choice of a $650 all inclusive package or you could piece-meal your fittings. I got a 5 visit package at $550. I just feel like it was a lot of money to come in for a fitting. And I only ended up needing to come in 4 times, the 4th time only being to do a final "try-on" and then take it home.
    But that's what happened and I am happy with everything. Thanks Curvaceous Couture!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Erin · Married on 12/29/2016

Of all of the things I needed to do when getting married, I was the most nervous about finding my dress. I am not a "sample size" and was worried that it would be hard to tell exactly how a dress would look on MY body. Going to Curvaceous Couture was one of the best decisions I made while wedding planning!! I would recommend them to everyone! At my appointment the consultant really listened to what I wanted, and brought me dresses in my price range. She was able to help me narrow down pretty quickly what I wanted - and I found my dream dress! It was even more amazing than I had imagined! From my first appointment and saying "yes!" to the dress, to my followup fitting appointments with Amy, their seamstress, working with them was a dream! I cannot thank them enough for helping me find the perfect dress! Or thank Amy enough for getting it to fit my body (and curves!) perfectly - for my big day and making me feel like a princess. My dress really stole the show from the moment I put it on, to the reactions I got walking down the aisle!

Sent on 01/23/2017
  • F

Faatima · Married on 10/17/2014

Loved this bridal salon! They gave me their undivided attention and worked with me well to find a gown! Wouldn't change anything except them calling to schedule my first fitting that would've been nice since they were getting filled!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Karen · Married on 03/30/2013

The ladies at Curvaceous were truly the experts.....They have great recommendations to fit the bridal party body styles. They made you feel relaxed and comfortable from the moment you walked in the door...It was like you were family. My only disappointment was that they have a very small selection in house but we made it work. if they had a larger selection they would definitely be the hotspot.

Sent on 04/02/2013
  • Shaina

Shaina · Married on 04/14/2012

Pat and her team are amazing! Being a curvy girl, wedding dress shopping I thought was going to be an awful experience - especially because I've heard friends stories about not being able to fit in the sizes at most stores to try on dresses. I also wasn't expecting to be able to try on couture gowns - most curvy girls get forced into generic dresses and designs. Well, not in this boutique! By appointment only, you get 2-3 staff to yourself to help meet your needs. There are only a few other girls in the store with you (not like other chain places where there are 500 people crammed into a tiny space), and everyone is at your beck and call. The dress samples were all TOO BIG on me - which made me feel great. There was a variety of prices ranges and styles, and everything was amazingly couture. I had the most amazing experience and the most amazing dress!
    We also ordered the bridesmaids dresses through them because each girl got a discount since I ordered my dress there. They could order any dress, any size, and everything turned out beautifully!

Sent on 05/20/2012
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 10/13/2019

Great options for large women

I am mooore than plus sized, I wear a size 26 dress and they had so many dresses in my size!!! I found the most beautiful dress that Fit me just right, everyone was so friendly and amazing, they took the stress and self consciousness out of dress shopping for me.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect Shopping Experience

I chose to shop with Curvaceous Couture due to their expansive plus size gown collection. being a plus sized bride, it can be difficult to go shopping and enjoy the experience. It was well worth the 2.5 hour drive! I was able to try on so many gowns that I adored and that fit me perfectly--allowing me to truly feel like a bride. I found my gown and the owners were nice enough to let us have a few days to think it over while they still had a sale going on! Everything was an easy transition and communication was perfect. The shop was very pleasant and I felt that I had the compete attention of my attendant. I would recommend to any of my fellow curvy brides in the DMV area!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 10/28/2018

3.0

Absolutely the Best!

Picking Curvaceous Couture and my wedding dress was the easiest part of my wedding planning! Great staff, beautiful dress and one happy bride! I only wanted to shop at places that specialized in plus size, and of the three shops I went to, this was BY FAR the best in terms of selection and staff. I really did find my dream dress!

These ladies know what they're doing and how to dress/alter for larger women. I'm a size 16 and wear a 38G bra...I never imagined I'd go bra-less at my wedding but WOW, my dress fit me like a glove. Also, they kept telling me how small and tiny I was which was *hilarious* to me, especially since I know I would have been the "big girl" at a straight size store. They added sleeves, put in a bustle (and taught my bridesmaid and mom how to bustle it), changed the belt and made many other adjustments to make it perfect.

The staff was extremely attentive, pleasant and not pushy at all. I had one stressful alteration appointment (my dress went from way too big to too small) and I was concerned, but they 100% took care of it. They even steamed the dress and kept it up in their rafters until the day before my wedding to help keep it nice!

I felt beautiful on my wedding day and received so many compliments. I never felt like I was "settling" for something "flattering," I felt like a beautiful woman getting the dress I truly wanted.

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • shamaya

Shamaya · Married on 09/08/2018

I loved this vendor, only issue I had is they did not store my dress before alterations and suggested I folded it down and put it in a drawer until my fittings. I did love being able to try on everything thing in my size and having so many options. The staff was always polite! I did not end up doing my alterations with them because I did not want to keep my dress in my house for 6 months.

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • MDEasternShoreBride

Eboni · Married on 10/14/2017

I bought my dress from Curvaceous Couture after multiple bridal salons did not have samples in my size, size 16, to try on. Curvaceous Couture had a limited but flattering selection, and my consultant picked my dress on the third try. It was perfect and came in exactly when expected. The price was in my budget. I also used the person who does alterations at the store. She did an excellent job and was very fast, but I wasn't entirely happy with the bust and found a pin from the fitting in it that suggested it was incomplete. My consultant suggested trying double sided tape, but the dress did fit properly on the day of and it was not needed. One of the buttons from the bustle also fell off the dress even though I had it vacuum sealed at the store and did not open it until the day of the wedding and since it could not be bustled fully, it got stepped on and the entire bustle broke and could not be fixed. So I walked around holding it up most of the night, which was annoying, but the dress was beautiful and looked amazing all night. I 100% love the store and would shop there again, but I would consider getting alterations done elsewhere.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Matthew · Married on 12/08/2012

3.5

It was nice having a bridal salon that catered to women who are not a size 4. I tried on several dresses and found my wedding gown on the first try. I described what I wanted and picked out a couple dresses to try on. The consultant went and picked out one that I would never have picked, but once I had it on I knew it was the one. Everyone was pleasant and very helpful during all of the alteration visits.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Kimberly · Married on 10/06/2012

Curvaceous Couture was an amazing find for me because as a plus sized bride, I didn't expect to have much of a selection to choose from. I loved my shopping experience because all of the dresses fit me and I was able to choose from a wide variety of beautiful dresses. I loved my wedding dress and plan to donate it to another bride so that someone else can have a beautiful dress for their wedding day. I do recommend that any plus size bride investigate the salon for their wedding day.

However, when it comes to alterations, it's where I have to take a few points off but not too many because overall, I think they do excellent work but it wasn't 100% perfect as the dress shopping experience had been. The salon recommended starting alterations 4-6 weeks in advance of the wedding and my first appointment was at 4 weeks. It was not enough time to take advance of the alterations package I purchased of 5 appointments because the alterations department had limited hours each week. I could only use 3 of them. I had to come back 2 days before the wedding after my dress wasn't ready the previous week and it took about 5 hours from the time of the alterations appointment to when the dress was finished. It was very stressful because I lived in Alexandria and had wedding errands around there but couldn't do them because I was waiting on the dress. My dress was a sample dress and required more extensive alterations than I realized at the time, so be careful if you buy a sample. It's a fantastic deal but you need to be prepared for longer alterations. I was 95% happy with the final fit but it the chest part wasn't perfect for me and I wish I had had more time to get it right or add modesty fabric to the dress. I also don't think the bra I bought there helped with the final fit and would recommend going to a specialty bra store instead.

Overall, I recommend them for dress shopping and would for alterations but only if you're prepared and have the time.

Sent on 01/21/2013
  • Mrs. Henri

Henri & Ayo · Married on 11/19/2011

3.5

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CURVACEUOUS COUTURE!!!!!
    I honestly struggled finding the perfect dress. I read about Curvaceous in a magazine and thanked the Lord above they were within driving distance.

Upon arrival, I was scared the salon was too small. Lies indeed. They had dresses galore. They were very hip with technology. I had my own suite and sat on a comfy chair and chose the dresses I wanted to try on in my price range from the television screen. Honestly can't remember the name of the sister who helped me, but she wasn't pregnant at the time, but she was AWESOME. She understood my body and worked with me.

Would definitely recommend any lady struggling to find "The Dress" to look no further than Curvaceous Couture.

Sent on 12/29/2011

Robin · Married on 09/23/2011

3.0

I had an amazing dress shopping experience at Curvaceous Couture. The shop was quiet and the staff was attentive and helpful while still giving us space to think about things and not pressuring me to buy. The selection was beautiful and it was SO WONDERFUL to be able to try on literally anything in the store. I found my wedding dress here and was so happy with it.

I would have given them a 5 rating for sure, but there was some weirdness with the alterations person. She originally tried to charge me MORE than the cost of the wedding dress for the normal alterations! That eventually got worked out, but it was an odd and uncomfortable situation. However, after seeing that play out I know for sure that Yukia (the owner) is fair and committed to good customer service.

Sent on 02/06/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

2.5

The sale staff made my experience dream, they made me feel like a princess. I was able to try every dress one in the store which is the first time in my life that is ever been a possibility. The only negative is the availability of the seamstress she has very limited time to be able to meet you ( I had to take off work) but when she does she does amazing work and makes you feel so comfortable. My dress was jaw dropping.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Jennifer · Married on 12/03/2016

Being a plus size bride isn't easy. I had gone to a "regular" boutique that only had 1 dress in my size that I could try on. All of the other dresses had to be held up from behind so I couldn't get a real feel of what the dress would look on my body or how it would feel. I also couldn't show any of my family members who were anxiously waiting for me to come out in a gown. Luckily, Curvaceous Couture had an entire room of dresses in my size and budget. I was able to try on many beautiful dresses and show my family. I picked a beautiful Allure gown that my guests complimented me on all night!

Sent on 12/14/2016

I felt like a princess! Although i was not at the weight I would have liked to have been, the dress options there were wide and there was so much to choose from. The prices are a bit steep but there are so many different options and I was able to try them on. The entire staff was so nice, from the owners to our helper to the alteration team. Autumn was fantastic with me and my family, and we're a tough group. So many people commented on how pretty the dress was and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Alexandra · Married on 05/10/2014

This is a wonderful place to find a dress if you are slightly larger than the typical bridal sample sizes! It was great to be able to try on dresses and actually try them on and see how they would look.

I did feel like while the service was good, occasionally it was not the most professional. I often was left standing awkwardly at the door while employees chatted at return visits. My initial appointment though, they were very flexible and accommodating! They allowed me to have a large group and take over the store, and I was able to find my dress with my out of state family there. It was a great experience! Fittings and subsequent visits were less flexible and less professional, but I would still completely recommend this location.

The selections of dresses were great, and the alterations were excellent although very expensive. Highly recommended for alterations as well.

Sent on 07/04/2014
  • I

Ivana · Married on 09/21/2013

4.2

Being a plus sized bride, I approached my dress search with much apprehension. It does a number on your self-esteem squeezing into way too small samples at other stores. Curvaceous Couture is truly dedicated to making dress shopping an amazing experience for women of all sizes. The dresses, from high end makers, all come in all sizes. The dressing rooms are spacious and easy to maneuver in. At their store, for the first time in my shopping experience, I really felt like a bride. We ordered my dress and it came in on time. The only reason I took a star away was because the alterations process was a little frustrating for me. I live 2hrs away from the shop and I went down and back a total of four times for fittings alone. But their seamstress is excellent! She built a bra in my strapless dress that supported my 42H chest very comfortably. I have no hesitation in recommending Curvaceous Couture. On my wedding day, I felt beautiful in a sense that I never could have imagined and I'd wish for that experience for every bride.

Sent on 10/15/2013