Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 7
  • Aiyana

Aiyana Rogers · Getting married on 04/04/2020

I love this store!

I had a wonderful time finding my dress at Curvaceous Couture today. The store is beautiful and the staff was amazing! Every dress they suggested I try on was gorgeous, and they had a great variety of styles to choose from.

Sent on 06/22/2019

Meghan · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Wonderful Staff and Exceptional Collection

Made a last minute appointment about a week ago when I had an unexpected evening off. The staff was so accommodating in giving me an appointment and then staying late when my appointment ran late. I had looked at other dresses and their selection was nothing like I had seen anywhere else! Great dresses at all price points and my consultant was just so nice! She provided some pointers when looking that I had not considered before and was just so knowledgeable! You're totally in good hands here! Highly Recommend!

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Sam

Sam · Getting married on 10/19/2019

I would recommend this plus size dress shop to anyone! I thought I would have a hard time finding a dress or even bring able to try on dresses being plus sized. I'm a fairly bigger gal and I had no problems at all! Their sizes are very inclusive! Everyone there was completely professional and above all expectations. I found my dress here and it was my first time being at a dress botique. I even bought my gorgeous veil and crown. Even though it was a sale week the prices were more than generous. If you're a plus sized bride you must come here! Thank you for helping me find The Dress!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2018
  • mrsaj2b

Paulette · Married on 10/12/2019

I love, love, love this salon! Their main focus is on the brides with curves but all sizes are welcome. The salon is owned by two sisters Yukia and Yuneisia and they are every bit of how you see them on their show. I purchased my dress there with Yuneisia BEFORE they got their TLC show Curvy Brides. She was a pleasure and joy to work with and she helped me find the perfect dress for me! The price was fabulous too.

If you are looking for a beautiful salon that offers an amazing gown shopping experience for all brides regardless of their size please visit this salon. You will have a great selection to choose from and will receive friendly and personalized attention.

Sent on 05/25/2015
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Black · Married on 10/05/2019

My dream dress

After trying several shops and feeling very discouraged I found curvaceous couture!! My engagement time is short so unfortunately I did not have time to order a dress. However the salon worked with me in creating everything that was on my wish list to ensure that my day would be perfect. They went above and beyond to make me happy. This was by far one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. The salon owners treated me like I was family and gave me their honest opinion to ensure that I picked the perfect dress.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Natyla

Natyla McKinney · Married on 07/26/2019

I love my dress

The dress is gorgeous and it was just what I was looking for.

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 8
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 9
  • Lael

Lael · Married on 06/01/2019

I was dreading dress shopping until I found Curvaceous Couture!

I was dreading wedding dress shopping before I discovered Curvaceous Couture. I was even thinking of having a dress custom-made for me to avoid having to go to a store that didn't have a good selection in my size (size 18 in regular clothes at the time). At Curvaceous Couture I ended up having so many beautiful choices there were at least 3 dresses that were my top choice - it was hard to choose THE one. The staff was professional, friendly and fun. The shop is set up according to your budget so you aren't looking at (and falling in love with) dresses out of your budget. Speaking of budget, I flew to Baltimore to go to Curvaceous Couture and I feel that even with the added expense of travel my dress was still a great value. I got so many compliments on my dress at my wedding and I only wish I could wear it for another occasion! (I should note that I lost 40 pounds before my wedding and since I don't live in Baltimore I had my alterations done in my own town.) I can't reccomend this boutique highly enough!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 10
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 11
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 12
  • Emily

Emily Song · Married on 05/25/2019

AMAZING selection and service

I LOVE THIS STORE! Amazing and helpful staff, wonderful tailoring, and nice service. Jazzy was my consultant and she was flawless! She was quick to read my facial expressions and body language when I loved or didn't like something, and had plenty of suggestions for dresses for my body type. I don't love trying on clothes but I LOVED coming to this store any time I had a fitting. These ladies are the real deal and I love everything about this place. My perfect dress was inside, and for such a reasonable price! Drop by, you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/04/2019

Found my dream dress!

I waited until it was almost too late to find a dress.I had been to several other bridal shops and just couldn't find my dream dress. I sat down with my consultant, Makhaya,and she brought me the dress I described to her and I fell in love as soon as I put my dress on! Every time I went in for alterations I was treated like a queen. I am so thankful for Curvaceous Couture - I felt like a a real princess on my wedding day!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 21
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2019

Curves matter here:)

From the moment you walk in, you will feel like special. The dresses are beautiful and there is so much to choose from. They have something for everyone here. Makiya (?) was so helpful with finding my dress. She got my vision instantly. I would definitely recommend this location to everyone .

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/13/2019

Welcoming, Helpful, Family

Jazzy, Michaela, & all the ladies at Curvaceous (including Aunt Rita & Amy in alterations) were so helpful and made this entire process absolutely perfect and painless.
    From the second we stepped into the shop, we were welcomed with smiles, waited on hand and foot, and made to feel like princesses. We are a two bride couple and they were super helpful and understanding of our wishes to keep both of our dresses a secret from the other bride.
    Jazzy even wrote us a beautiful note about our dresses which we read at our first look. The personal touches each and everyone of them made for us on our big day will not soon be forgotten.
    We both ended up getting the gown of our dreams and we were equally stunned at how we looked on our big day.
    Thank you ladies!!

Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 25
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 26

Sarah · Married on 02/28/2019

Dress to Love

I found my dress during one of the sample sales at an excellent price. From the moment I stepped in the shop I was welcomed and in awe of the dresses available fore curvy girls like myself. I also got my dress altered here. And when I tell you when i got my dress back before taking it home it fit like a glove. It looked like a whole new dress. It was originally too big. The staff and owners were amazing and friendly. They had reminders on days i needed to come in for my initial dress search to the alterations. The whole process was made easy.

Sent on 03/09/2019
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 27
  • Dawn84

Dawnita · Married on 11/30/2018

The best experience because I allowed my expert consultant to dress me. She listened to my vision and nailed it. Couldn't be happier with the service and professionalism.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Kathy · Married on 10/20/2018

I'm the mother of the groom in a wedding where the everyone but me is slender. The whole idea of all the pictures was really bringing me down. I had seen the Curvaceous Couture show on TLC, so I knew the experience would be great in terms of customer service - and it was. I mixed up the appointment time and arrived an hour late, but they were still able to accommodate me. The thing that I didn't expect was that There were so many flattering Event gowns to try on! I tried on seven and felt great in four of them - not something that usually happens! Two were so beautiful I couldn't decide, so I'll have to go back with my future DIL. I went by myself because I figured I wouldn't look good in anything and would be embarrassed, but shopping at CC was so wonderful I'm looking forward to going back and picking the final dress!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Denyonne · Married on 10/04/2018

This is the right choice

My wedding dress was absolutely stunning! I was "heard" on what I sought in a wedding dress and every dress they showed me was divine. The women that run this shop know about customer service with a smile. They were always patient and professional but it also felt like you were part of the family! Thanks Yukia and Yuneisia and the rest of the family! Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection is exceptional! They are the best bridal salon in the DMV.

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Curvaceous Couture in 2012. I was able to find the perfect dress and could actually try it on in my size! It was such a pleasant experience and so much better than when I tried shopping at one of the larger chains!

Sent on 01/14/2015
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 09/01/2018

Above and Beyond Service

This review is LONG overdue. I could not let the year end without sharing the wonderful experience that I had purchasing my dress from here. From start to finish the customer service exceeded my expectations. At my first appointment, my stylist really heard what I was saying about the type of dress that I wanted and pulled the perfect dress in the first group. I was so in love with that dress that I am pretty sure I stood in the mirror for an hour. Now let's talk about alterations!! First, I am ever so thankful because I was late to my alterations appointment and my panic level was at an all time high because I knew that the salon was busy and I was a bit last minute getting my dress. They were able to squeeze me in to make it work. I made several alterations (adding detachable sleeves and building a very long detachable train) and Amy knocked it out of the park. I will be forever thankful to the ladies that made me feel like family and went above and beyond to make sure that I looked great on my special day. I am still getting complements on my dress months after the wedding.

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 28
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 29
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 30
  • F

Felicia · Married on 06/02/2018

The best experience and I felt totally comfortable very professional I couldn't be happier with my dress. I can't wait for my weeding day.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Great place for plus size brides to find gorgeous, designer made wedding gowns. After making an appointment, you are made to feel like you are the only bride. In fact, each time My daughter went to find the gown and have alterations done, she was the only person for that time slot. They had a huge inventory, from which to choose,in various styles to suit individuals likes and wishes. You are greeted with a huge smile, spoken to with respect and made to believe you are indeed special.
    The alteration department is outstanding. The head seamstress can perform magic so it seems. The alterations are costly but you get what you pay for. The quality of her work is superb. She made my daughter's dress so it could be clipped at the day of the wedding if an additional alteration needed to be made( she did not need to do this, but it was soothing to know she could).
    This wedding dress boutique is family owned and mostly family run which means you find pride and customer service unheard of in large franchise owned wedding gown stores.
    We want to thank the wonderful people at Curvaceous Couture and tell them 5 stars are not enough, we vote at least 10 stars for their excellence.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2018

I am so happy I went to Curvaceous Couture fro my wedding gown. I am from NJ but it was sooooo worth the drive. The women who own the shop are amazing. I was able to fit into the dresses to try on ( which was a struggle for me to find locally ). They make you feel so special, so comfortable, and listen to you. I also went there for alterations and Amy made the alterations. My dress fit so well. It was strapless and had a train but she bustled it up and it looked perfect all day long. It lasted hours outside in the heat and hours of dancing. I felt and looked amazing thanks to the team at Curvaceous Couture. I would recommend them to any bride with curves!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 31
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 32
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 33
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 34
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 35

Tamara · Married on 05/12/2018

Had a wonderful experience from the beginning to the end. Very affordable. The staff made you feel like family. Will be going back for my sister wedding dress in a few months

Sent on 04/27/2018
  • User7804101 · 1+ year ago

I went into Curvaceous Couture after a horrifying experience at Cherry Blossoms. My experience was so bad at Cherry Blossoms I didn't know what to expect going into Curvaceous Couture so I left my family home. I'm only here in the county for 13 days me and my sister walked in greeted so warmly by Mary. Not only did she go out of her way to take my appointment on a Sunday, but she immediately was able to find me my dress without me having to try on 100 dresses. Mary has a fantastic gift of styling really putting women in flattering dresses making you feel beautiful when you're going in already feeling very insecure. I was so sure I wasn't going to find a dress but I did and Mary let me call my mother waiting 30 min for my mother to come meet me. The type of service I got in my apt is one you see nowhere! Mary did not have to wait for my mother past my appointment time but she did her realness and truthfulness was impeccable she didn't care whether I bought or didn't buy she cared about finding me the dress of my dreams.

Sent on 02/19/2017

Anna · Married on 11/04/2017

Amazing!!!! Shannon was so wonderful to work with!!!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Nancy · Married on 10/21/2017

It would be impossible for me to praise Curvaceous Couture highly enough. I was apprehensive about going to a "Plus Size" salon because I didn't think of myself as a "plus size bride" (just, you know, a bride) and I didn't want to be pigeoned-holed according to my body-type. Not to worry! After visiting 6 other salons none of which quite got it right CC NAILED IT on the first shot. Totally got the "warrior princess" vibe I was going for and blew everything else out of the water. They made me feel so beautiful and relaxed, I seriously feel bad for thinner brides that they can't shop here.

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection 36

Brittney · Married on 10/07/2017

I can’t say enough good things about the team at CC!! They afe true professionals and have such a passion for helping us curvier brides achieve our wedding day looks! Their entire team is friendly, genuine and talented! I wouldn’t recommend any other place! I wish I could keep getting married so I could keep going back!

Sent on 11/28/2017