131 Reviews for Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection

Veils (3)
Mother of Bride (2)
Mother of Groom (1)
131 Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection Reviews

The best experience because I allowed my expert consultant to dress me. She listened to my vision and nailed it. Couldn't be happier with the service and professionalism.

Profile Picture Dawnita, 11/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I'm the mother of the groom in a wedding where the everyone but me is slender. The whole idea of all the pictures was really bringing me down. I had seen the Curvaceous Couture show on TLC, so I knew the experience would be great in terms of customer service - and it was. I mixed up the appointment time and arrived an hour late, but they were still able to accommodate me. The thing that I didn't expect was that There were so many flattering Event gowns to try on! I tried on seven and felt great in four of them - not something that usually happens! Two were so beautiful I couldn't decide, so I'll have to go back with my future DIL. I went by myself because I figured I wouldn't look good in anything and would be embarrassed, but shopping at CC was so wonderful I'm looking forward to going back and picking the final dress!

Profile Picture Kathy , 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Mother of Groom, Alterations, Appts. Only

The best experience and I felt totally comfortable very professional I couldn't be happier with my dress. I can't wait for my weeding day.

Profile Picture Felicia, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went into Curvaceous Couture after a horrifying experience at Cherry Blossoms. My experience was so bad at Cherry Blossoms I didn't know what to expect going into Curvaceous Couture so I left my family home. I'm only here in the county for 13 days me and my sister walked in greeted so warmly by Mary. Not only did she go out of her way to take my appointment on a Sunday, but she immediately was able to find me my dress without me having to try on 100 dresses. Mary has a fantastic gift of styling really putting women in flattering dresses making you feel beautiful when you're going in already feeling very insecure. I was so sure I wasn't going to find a dress but I did and Mary let me call my mother waiting 30 min for my mother to come meet me. The type of service I got in my apt is one you see nowhere! Mary did not have to wait for my mother past my appointment time but she did her realness and truthfulness was impeccable she didn't care whether I bought or didn't buy she cared about finding me the dress of my dreams.

Profile Picture User7804101, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Amazing!!!! Shannon was so wonderful to work with!!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

It would be impossible for me to praise Curvaceous Couture highly enough. I was apprehensive about going to a "Plus Size" salon because I didn't think of myself as a "plus size bride" (just, you know, a bride) and I didn't want to be pigeoned-holed according to my body-type. Not to worry! After visiting 6 other salons none of which quite got it right CC NAILED IT on the first shot. Totally got the "warrior princess" vibe I was going for and blew everything else out of the water. They made me feel so beautiful and relaxed, I seriously feel bad for thinner brides that they can't shop here.

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Alterations, Bride

I can’t say enough good things about the team at CC!! They afe true professionals and have such a passion for helping us curvier brides achieve our wedding day looks! Their entire team is friendly, genuine and talented! I wouldn’t recommend any other place! I wish I could keep getting married so I could keep going back!

Profile Picture Brittney, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Mary came in on a Sunday to open the store to let me try dresses on. She was nice and totally honest about how everything was going to work. She listened to what i wanted and the first dress she put me in ended up being the one I chose. They do on-site alterations so I didn't have to travel and she was fantastic!

Profile Picture Sherri, 10/6/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils, Bride

I love, love, love this salon! Their main focus is on the brides with curves but all sizes are welcome. The salon is owned by two sisters Yukia and Yuneisia and they are every bit of how you see them on their show. I purchased my dress there with Yuneisia BEFORE they got their TLC show Curvy Brides. She was a pleasure and joy to work with and she helped me find the perfect dress for me! The price was fabulous too.

If you are looking for a beautiful salon that offers an amazing gown shopping experience for all brides regardless of their size please visit this salon. You will have a great selection to choose from and will receive friendly and personalized attention.

Profile Picture User44446, [Private], 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience with Curvaceous Couture! I went there three separate times and each time, they staff weee very helpful. They were kind and helped me explore different options for a dress. I ended up with a beautiful ball gown that I would have never thought of wearing at their sample sale. The feeling of going into a store and being able to try on anything puts a smile on my face. Definitely check them out!

Profile Picture Akosua, 9/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a great experience there. The owners were there and SO warm and personable. I will caution that brides should not expect to have the same experience they see on TV reality shows. That's not real life. Once you move past that and just be yourself, you'll have a great experience. Trust your consultant and trust your family and friends who are with you (if you can't trust them, don't take them!). I wouldn't have chosen my dress without their nudging. But I wouldn't change a thing about it either. Have fun!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had such an amazing experience at this bridal shop! I am a plus size girl, size 22 and I was terrified about not being able to try on any dresses. At CC there were more dresses than I could even try on! I tried on at least 8 dresses during a 2.5 hour appointment with a very very patient associate from the store. We were the last ones in the store and they never rushed us! They were also really honest about what to expect for alterations, and when I was stuck between two dresses, they honestly advised me that the alterations would be a lot more on the expensive one. They were steering me toward the dress in my budget, instead of trying to upsell. They were genuinely trying to help me stay within budget. I wasn't ready to pull the trigger on my favorite dress yet, so I went shopping at a different, very popular bridal store in NY that's been on tv. It was then I realized just how amazing CC is - They spent so much more n time with me, found dresses I would love, were patient and attentive and incredibly helpful. The other store couldn't compare - The NY store was 30 min late for my appointment, then I felt rushed and was in a really cramped room with way less selections. At Curvaceous Couture, the options were plentiful, and the other shop in NY didn't even carry the dress I loved. So I went back to CC and purchased my dress there, and I couldn't be happier! I also love the fact that I can support a Black and women-owned business. That's the cherry on top for me! :) I would suggest skipping other big bridal places and go where you know you'll get the best service - Curvaceous Couture!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales, Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns

I can not say enough amazing things about Mary! First let me say when I walked in for my dress I was sweating with anxiety hopeless. Mary took me under her wing making the process fun, amazing and painless. Lol. Mary helped me find my beauty with in not allowing me to break myself apart in any GOWN. She found my dress for me she's truly an angel who has an incredible talent at finding dresses. GO SEE MARY. The crazy part I asked how long she's been at Curvaceous Couture she said a few WEEKS! Although, she's been at another boutique god truly blessed CURVACEOUS COUTURE with Mary she's spectacular.

Profile Picture User7388966, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Found my perfect wedding dress here. They were very helpful, friendly, accomodating. Found my dress straight off the rack and they made sure it fit me perfectly. Being a plus size woman its really great to be able to walk in and try on so many dresses. Their seamstress is fabulous. My dress was several sizes too big and by the time she was done it fit great. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Shawn, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had tried on several dozen white wedding dresses at about a dozen bridal shops when I walked into Curvaceous Couture. “I think I’m done with white dresses; what else ya got?” They did not pressure me at all to try on any of their white dresses (which I could see the incentive to do, since they’re at minimum 4x the price of any of the evening dresses they sold).

They directed me to their evening/prom wear section and I tried on a half-dozen I think. When I tried on the one I ultimately selected, my friend, and other patrons in the store who’d seen me come out in each dress, were all aflutter. “You’re going to get that one, right? You should get that one!” Fortunately, I agreed with them, and my wedding dress hunt was finally, thankfully, over!

I thought I would want a red dress, but the blue dress I got was simply beautiful. Salesperson listened to what I wanted, pulled dresses she thought I would like, and was great helping me into and out of them. The blue dress I got was so inexpensive, I bought it thinking, “Heck, even if I decide to keep looking for a wedding dress, I want to get this dress for some unspecified future occasion.” (But after I bought it, I found I was more than ready to be done wedding dress shopping. It was the worst part of the whole planning process.)

At the time of sale, they had a seamstress take a look at how it might be altered to better fit me, and gave me an estimate of what that would cost. They sent the dress home with me and told me to call several months later to schedule a fitting and alterations. I got that done in a timely fashion and it ended up costing one third of what they estimated. When I went for the final fitting, I asked them to hem it up a little further than they wanted, because it was interfering with my dancing (they have enough space that I twirled around a bit to test it out). They cut a bit more and hemmed it again while I waited, very fast and easy.

Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/17/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns

I got my beautiful wedding gown from here. As a plus sized bride I had so much anxiety about my dress shop. I made an appointment with curvaceous couture pretty early on but was talked into going to a chain bridal shop at which I had such a horrible time. Dresses I liked they didn't have a plus size sample so instead they gave me what they had and everything was hideous I walked out. But I felt the complete opposite at curvaceous couture. I felt beautiful. It felt amazing being able to try on any dress in the shop. There were so many options and I get beautiful in everything simply because it was a great feeling being able to pull it up over my waist. Outside of vanity the staff was great and always welcoming with a smile. I wish I could relive that time over and over again.

Profile Picture Tiarra, 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Bride, Alterations

Curvaceous Couture was the most wonderful bridal experience! I went in with very little time before my wedding and everyone worked so hard to find me the perfect dress. I ended up loving the top of a dress but wanted a different skirt. They did an amazing job attaching the new skirt and altering the dress to fit perfectly. I also bought a beautiful veil and hairpiece for the reception. Curvaceous Couture was the most professional and friendly experience I had planning my wedding. They are the best!!!

Profile Picture Diana, 4/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot say enough good thing about Curvaceous Couture. They were my first stop when I went dress shopping and I immediately fell in love. Everyone at the store was wonderful and they had a huge selection of dresses that I loved. I ended up finding my dress at a different store and even if my dress shopping experience at Curvaceous Couture ended there, I would still recommend them. The store was beautiful, their dressing rooms were spacious and spotless, their gowns were stunning and their staff was so friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately, the other store ended up destroying my dress and I was left without a dress 6 weeks before my wedding. Luckily, Curvaceous Couture saved the day! They were able to fit me in for a last minute appointment one evening and could not have been more understanding and sympathetic about my situation. During my appoint, my sales consultant and the store's owners, Yukia and Yunesia, found me several dresses that I loved and that were able to sell me right off the rack. With their help, I found a dress I loved even more than my original dress. They then made the situation even better by offering me the price the dress would be sold for at an upcoming sample sale. Their seamstress, Amy, did an impeccable job taking a dress many sizes too big and making it fit perfectly. Curvaceous Couture was able to take a terrible situation and turn dress shopping back into a wonderful experience. Thanks to them, I felt more beautiful in my dress than I ever imagined I could.

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Alterations, Appts. Only, Sample Sales

I'm short and plus-size and absolutely dreaded the embarrassment of trying on sample sizes. I first saw the salon on their TLC show and for the first time had experienced hope that shopping for my wedding dress wouldn't be an awful experience. Autumn, my sales consultant, and all the staff were wonderful and helpful and reassuring on the shopping trip. I was grateful not to feel pressured considering how overwhelming and surreal the experience was in general. Best part, every dress I tried on fit/zipped up or was too big!! I couldn't believe it. Even better, because of my lack of height and proportions I knew I would need quite a bit of alterations and throughout the sales experience Autumn or other staff were able to explain what alterations would likely entail for each dress I tried on. I could not have been more happy and picked the perfect dress and was able to stay within my budget- however, I was ordering a color that was different from the sample and there were no pictures on the web what-so-ever of the version I ordered. Later after purchasing the dress, I expressed concern over this, they contacted the designer, Allure and were able to get me a photograph of a dress that had made for another customer in that color within a couple of days. So grateful for this extra care. They'll also package the dress for travel if needed; so well done and fit in my carry-on!
Alterations- I knew I'd need alot done and used their in-house services because I wanted to be sure I went with someone who had experience working with these same dresses. Irina was my seamstress and she was absolutely phenomenal. She did amazing work and took plenty of time and care to not only make sure things were done well and right, but also was able to see solutions for the alterations that saved me some money too! Tip- get the bustle (I forget what it's called again) that doesn't look like a bustle, basically it just makes the train disappear and look like a floor-length gown; it's amazing!

Profile Picture Kasima, 11/14/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Bride

As a plus size bride I was very wary about bridal gown shopping, but once I entered the doors of Curvaceous Couture I knew I was going to be at ease. They had so many gorgeous options, and I was encouraged to try on a style I wasn't necessarily envisioning myself wearing, but when I did I fell in love! These ladies know their stuff! Their seamstress was amazing as well, she altered my very gorgeous gown and made me fall in love with it even more.

I highly recommend this place for any plus size brides! Not only will you have any abundance of samples to try on (I wouldn't have even had this option had I gone to the other well known bridal shops), but you will be greeted by the nicest ladies in the biz! Thank you so much again ladies for the amazing work and care that was put into my gown, and thank you for making a very anxious bride feel beautiful!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/31/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Getting my wedding dress from Curvaceous Couture was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. From day one, the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. When I came to shop, they made me feel at ease and comfortable, all the while having a blast. Amy, the seamstress, did a phenomenal job with my dress. She had to did some serious alterations and somehow, the dress came out looking even more beautiful than it did originally. She was so thorough and professional. I would highly recommend shopping here for your wedding gown, I'm so glad I did.

Profile Picture Simone, 10/30/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns

As a plus size bride, Curvaceous Couture gave me the best experience I could ever imagine. I have also been the one not looking forward to this process. I had my mother and 3 of my bridesmaids with me and they were so supportive. Along with the team at Curvaceous Couture, I loved my Sales Associate Makayla!! The owners was very helpful and kind. Even though I traveled from NC, it was well worth the trip. I will definitely be back for my alterations. My mother also found the most beautiful gold sequin dress and she will probably get her alterations done at the store as well. Best Experience Ever!! You guys need to open more stores around the world with the same quality of people and experience. All girls deserve to have true happiness when searching for their wedding dress. I definitely watch your show on TLC ever week. Y'all have won me over forever and always in my heart. See you guys soon!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I can't say ENOUGH great things about this bridal boutique. The ladies here are very professional and so gracious. I went in without knowing what type of dress I wanted but it only took about 2 dresses before the stylist knew what I looked good in and what I liked. I would recommend them to anyone and especially any plus size bride. Their dress selection was impeccable!

Profile Picture Marissa, 10/15/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Plus Size Gowns, Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

The staff at Curvaceous Couture was amazing!!! They made me feel special as a bigger bride when other bridal salons just treated me like a number or the fat girl. Making an appointment was super easy. Amy, who did my alterations, is amazing at what she does. My bridal consultant, Autumn, listened to what I wanted and made my vision a reality for my special day!!! They truly are a one of a kind bridal salon!

Profile Picture Mallory, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Customization, Bride, Bridal Belts, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils